[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DND Bosses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
SO i need some ideas for badass DND bosses. Preferably something dark...not sure if anyone listen to the band ghost but if you do something that would fit with that atmosphere
>>
>>44382701
Dracolich
>>
>>44382701
Far-realm warped lich.
Far-realm warped dragon.
Far-realm warped tarrasque.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBHfXPqbgI
>>
File: 158_max.jpg (410 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
158_max.jpg
410 KB, 900x1200
>>44382701

How edgy are you willing to go?
>>
I always wanted to implement a Monk-lich somewhere.
>>
File: Atropus.png (164 KB, 379x375) Image search: [Google]
Atropus.png
164 KB, 379x375
>>44382701
Atropus

There's always room for Atropus.
>>
The fact you typed DND rather than D&D triggered me and that worries me.
>>
Mindflayer Monk. Choker Monk. Basically any creature that can take class levels and has an unusual melee threat. There is a build somewhere online for a mindflayer monk.
>>
I think you should have a necromancer at the helm of an evil cult that is robbing graves, but once they defeat the necromancer they must defeat Papa Lich.
>>
File: 1445708436939.jpg (664 KB, 1300x2116) Image search: [Google]
1445708436939.jpg
664 KB, 1300x2116
Nice taste in music.

This guy for from the pinnacle to the pit after being summoned by papa. Do it senpai.
>>
>>44383410
Mind Flayer Reaping Mauler. Piledrive people AND suck their brains.
>>
>>44382701
>not sure if anyone listen to the band ghost but if you do something that would fit with that atmosphere
Wildly pretentious and seemingly ignorant of black and death metal bands by saying "We're Swedens evilest band", but with absolutely bitching costumes and decent music?

Shit son, why don't you just use Ghost as your villains? They've got the looks, presentation and flamboyance in droves for it.
>>
>>44383463
Throw in Hulking Hurler levels so you can toss the drained corpse like a rocket when you're done with it.

Waste not and all that.
>>
>>44383320
>Aesthetic
The word you want is, "ascetic."

...unless you just generally like the feel and artiness of that particular image...
>>
File: ArcherBurn.jpg (437 KB, 977x1136) Image search: [Google]
ArcherBurn.jpg
437 KB, 977x1136
>>44382701
Regarding undead. If you want your players to suffer, any non-minion ranged enemy is generally terrifying to deal with. Like an asshole with energy drain arrows and such.
>>
>>44383508
>implying you're not mirin' that skeletal aesthetic
do you even fast, bro?
>>
File: ghost shark.jpg (93 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
ghost shark.jpg
93 KB, 495x700
>>44382701
>>
>>44382701
One "puzzle boss" I threw at a party during a one-shot once time was a Mirror Wraith, D&D 4th edition.

The enemy's gimmick is that the party fought him in a large room with multiple mirrors surrounding the area(one mirror for each PC).

The boss himself was, unknown to the party at first, hiding inside the mirror. All he did at first was start sending the party's reflections out to fight them. Members of the party who are arcane sensitive or roll an Arcana check can sense a magical link between each PC and their respective reflections.

Mechanically, they were minions with the party's attack and damage bonuses(but no weapon damage rolls). Normally, minions die in a single hit, but a PC's reflection, if struck by anyone but the PC it was based on, would live on, and shunt half the damage the attack would have done onto the PC. Non-damage effects functioned normally.

Or to put it more simply
>Reflection X can be killed by PC X
>If struck by PC Y for 24 damage, it lives and PC X takes 12 damage

Once the first wave of reflections died, the wraith revealed itself and spawned a new wave. Now revealed, the wraith could be attacked(well, the wraith could be attacked the whole time, but the party didn't think to attack the mirrors right off/they didn't know what mirror he was in. Thinking back, I would've allowed anyone with a high passive perception/good perception roll to spot a strange shadow lurking in the corners of one of the mirrors).

Attacking the mirror destroys it and the reflection it spawned, damages the wraith, and stops the reflections from spawning out of that mirror. The wraith then leaps to a new mirror.

Repeat until the wraith is out of mirrors and is forced out to fight the party. The wraith was weakened by then, but the "interesting" part of the fight was over, the fight against the wraith itself was more clean-up than anything else.
>>
File: 1221959558290.jpg (251 KB, 667x845) Image search: [Google]
1221959558290.jpg
251 KB, 667x845
>>44383754
>Some asshole wizard fucked up a spell and now a whole countryside has to deal with zombie whales, mummy deep ones and ghost sharks because their lush, verdant land was part of an ancient seabed.
>>
>>44382701
An ancient Lich Sorceror/ Bard appears in a major city, enthralls its leaders in a night, and sets the citizenry to building a giant altar from which he will cast a ritual that, if completed, will enslave the minds of every living creature for miles. He has 3 undead party members and he entrusts one of them with his phylactery. One is a Death Knight warrior with levels, a ghoul monk, and a Vampire Assasin. The PC's have 2 weeks to stop him.
>>
>>44384101
ooh, noice
>>
>>44383440
sweet oden what is that
>>
>>44384867
A knight who fell in a particularly icky puddle.
>>
>>44383356
Pandorym best elder evil all elder evils
>>
>>44382701
Cool concepts for a boss aren't hard to find. But how do you make a cool boss mechanically, rather then just have all the PC's mob it and hit it to death?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.