[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CofD/ Chronicles of Darkness General /wodg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: Christmas Past.png (945 KB, 1279x528) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Past.png
945 KB, 1279x528
Christmas is over, but the thread moved too slow to have a proper Christmas thread on Christmas Day.

So, what did you do for Christmas? What did your characters do for Christmas?

Previously: >>44344605
--------------------------------------------------------
>Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-changeling-the-dreaming-20th-anniversary-ed
>The Onyx Path Official Website
http://theonyxpath.com/
>Drive-Thru RPG, for all your legally-obtained book needs
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/
>A Mega bin, for your less legally-obtained book needs
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw
>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Abn1a6PgUCa19KbjdNcmNMWms/view?pli=1MWms/view?pli=1
>Mage reading material
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>Horror shorts
http://www.underworldtales.com/classic.htm
>HtV insiration
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/
>>
File: Hunter Wallpaper.png (2 MB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
Hunter Wallpaper.png
2 MB, 1600x800
Anyone got more blogs like this?
http://puttingthevigilinvigilantism.tumblr.com/
http://hedgingyourbets.tumblr.com/
http://atlanteanstupidity.tumblr.com/
http://inthenameofthemoonmoon.tumblr.com/
http://whatshouldvampirescallme.tumblr.com/

I think I'm going to make quotes of stuff "overheard" in a Hunter cell Reno 911 style, inspired by a friend who does the same thing for Judge Dredd style totalitarian future cops. Gonna have to throw up a few ideas.
>>
>So werewolves are the chosen of Luna.
>Does Sol have an equivalent?

The Baal Hadad are the chosen of Helios.
The Uratha aren't the chosen of Luna, they're her children.
>>
File: Cell turns Cancerous.gif (955 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
Cell turns Cancerous.gif
955 KB, 500x210
>>44382323
Still technically her chosen. They do her bidding, in that they uphold the Urfarah's duty.

Also, those tumblrs gave me a lot of filenames.
>>
>>44382368
They do Ur-Farah's duty, and half of them don't.
>>
>>44382381
That half must die.
>>
>>44382323

>>44350674
>>44350674
>>44350674
>>
File: Unseen Sense.gif (1003 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
Unseen Sense.gif
1003 KB, 500x275
>>44382458
Different kind of Sol.
>>
fuckin, didn't realize there was a new thread. reposting.
>How does /wodg/ feel about tricking their players into taking actions as a result of off-scene cloak and dagger taking place? Things like the party being tricked into attacking a target that was actually innocent by the big bad or tricked into responding to a distraction while their allies and et cetera are targeted
>>
So if the Idigam awoke because humans landed on the moon and brought spirits along for the ride, does this mean we also sent spirits along with other probes and landers?

Are there spirits of Spirit and Opportunity on Mars?
>>
>>44382719
Probably not 'those' particular spirits, since I doubt the rovers actually had sentient spirits attached if any at all. But I'm sure some other spirits caught a ride.
>>
>>44382529
It's a fine tactic. It sets up drama and can get your players invested in aspects of the setting they may not have been invested in before. And if you seed it here and there and they are able to put something together, then you might get them involved in it directly as well, if you choose to do so.
>>
>>44382735
>>44382719
I'd imagine that the humans watching could have invested enough Resonance in the Rovers. After all, you don't really need to be close to something to generate Resonance for it, otherwise Luna and the other Celestials wouldn't get Resonance at all.
>>
>>44382719
Idigam aren't native to the moon, they were just imprisoned there. Unless Mars has a large presence in the spirit world, like Luna and Helios, then it's probably going to be spiritually dead.

Although it does raise the question of whether humans can transplant a spiritual ecosystem onto another world.
>>
>>44383485
The Curiosity rover is the culmination of the hopes and dreams of the people of planet Earth given form by human ingenuity. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye. It had a two year mission, but it's performance exceeded expectations because it hasn't broken down so now the Curiosity mission has been extended indefinitely.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Curiosity rover had a spirit and that spirit was keeping the thing together using its Influences.
>>
>>44383660
If Hollywood has a spirit, I'm sure Curiosity does as well.
>>
>>44383489
>Although it does raise the question of whether humans can transplant a spiritual ecosystem onto another world.

That was the main thing I was thinking.
>>
>>44382111

Wow, that is way more WoD blogs than I was expecting. All I knew was that one Hunter actual play blog, but that's about it.
>>
>>44383695
Curiosity was actually pumped full of Aether by a demon. That's why it will run indefinitely.

The demon did so for 2 reasons: to hijack a G-M operation to claim mars early, and as an emergency store of power for a demon some time in the (Possibly distant) future.
>>
Anyone play on Fabula Rasa?

A friend wants me to join a SPACE FUTURE sidegame there. Mortals made using GMC rules get "volunteered" to go live on a space colony in a distant galaxy, and will eventually gain a supernatural Template.
>>
>>44383728
The question isn't if they could, the question is if they could stop it from happening was they started tempering with stuff.
>>
>>44384063

Huh, that kind of sounds like WoD meets Exile, that one SF game Mark Rein-Hagen wanted to do before leaving White Wolf.
>>
>>44384620
Well Bleeding Edge and Infinite Macabre were things.

I'm trying to think of a concept that would justify me having a robot companion.
>>
File: The Carnival of Innocents.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Carnival of Innocents.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I'm just uploading this to share it with someone.
>>
>>44384715

Former diplomat. The robot used to be for translation and now it's been hacked for defense.
>>
>>44382719
There's likely just spirits of land formations on Mars (and, now, technology).

Humans are not the sole source of Essence in the universe.
>>
>>44384884
I was thinking some kind of "volunteered" con artist or performer (or both) and the robot is either stolen and repurposed or is some kind of robot monkey.

I mostly don't want to be Engineering or anything because I don't want to super technobabble. And I don't want to be anything like security because that's a bit lame to just be the thing that justifies being combaty.
>>
>>44383144
True enough. I'm mostly intending to use that device as A. a very 'real' reminder that their actions have consequences and B. that even while their attention isn't focused on certain aspects, things will still be going on in the backround. I'm mostly just worried that it'll come across as OOC dickery when they end up doing the thing because they thought they were on the railroad when the entire time they could've stopped and said "Hey wait...why're we doing this thing our boss told us to do, this sounds like a bad idea. Is this a bad idea?" and looking into it further.
>>
How compatible are the pre-GMC/CofD Clanbooks like Lords over the Damned with modern material? I want to do more research for an upcoming Vampire character, but I'm not sure what is directly applicable lore-wise outside the core rulebooks.
>>
>>44385041
Compatible, but requiring a bit of ST rejiggering.
>>
>>44385078

Hm. Probably want to consult with my ST then about what they do / do not want to use, then. Anything major to avoid?
>>
>>44385101
Not really.

I only found out about it a few hours ago by the same old friend who linked me >>44382111 and wanted me to join. I'm tempted to, even though chat games and I don't get along, because I like the idea of a space WoD game.

http://fabularasa.net/wiki/Cold_Equations
>>
>>44385041
The mechanics are the only things that need tobe altered. the 2e Vampire book recommends them.
>>
>>44382062
>Christmas Past
>When the image clearly shows Christmas Present
you done fucked up.
>>
>>44385934
Wow. I am dumb.
>>
>>44385027
If they are players who don't expect the games to have an open world outside of the plot thread(s), it might be better to ease them into it by having someone else in their group/organizatoin, an NPC ally or something, remark on a similar 'why are we doing this' kind of thing. It might be a little better as an example tool, then when they get the hang of it, do the more in-depth one.
>>
>the doctor is obviously on the planet
>river steals his TARDIS
>waaah he isn't here because he doesn't care

Or maybe its because you left him stranded on the snow planet? If she was right and Capaldi wasn't the Doctor then she'd have no one to blame but herself.
>>
>>44389286
While it's nice to hear that River is apparently back on Doctor Who (hopefully to balance out the grumpy hate of Capaldi), what at all does that have to do with WoD?
>>
>>44389312

I had multiple tabs open and both /tg/ and /tv/ look similar. And when I opened this tab the first thing I saw to orient myself was
>>44385934
So I assumed I had the right tab open.

No point in deleting it, all must know my shame.
>>
>>44388539
>Basically all tribal cultures, religious cultures, ascetic cultures, monastic cultures, hippie culture, for starters.
Just found a member of the W20 target demographic.
>>
>>44389312
Isn't it obvious, the Doctor...is a Mage.
>>
Give me a DtD plothook.
>>
>>44389756

The God Machine did it.
>>
>>44389756
A construction project to knock down an old building has unearthed a basement not on the plans, a weird basement all covered in brass and electrical wire like something out of a Frankenstein-inspired novel.
>>
>>44389756
>Give me a DtD plothook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzOgC8fD6xA
There you go.
>>44389529
That explains some things. He's a cMage, the Sonic Screwdriver is a means to keep his spells from being Disbelieved. Most people have no issues with swallowing the concept of "tool that does more than one thing" meaning he gets away with a lot.
>>44385134
>http://fabularasa.net/wiki/Cold_Equations
That looks lovely!

>>44384859
Is that in reference to something? It reads like there's a joke that's flying miles high overhead.
>>
>>44385041
Bit of a late reply, but i'm running a 2e vampire game right now, and allowing 1e supplements.

For the most part, everything works fine, so long as it doesn't refer to a mechanic that no longer exists (like Predator's Taint or Derangement), but those can be reworked into equivalent 2e mechanics pretty easily.

The general rules of thumb I use are:
>Devotions have an xp cost of the total number of dots required for it, halved and rounded down. (So a devotion that required Vigor 3 and Protean 2, for example, would cost cost 2 xp)

>All weapons have their damage reduced by 1, and I just come up with an initiative mod for them that makes sense

>If there is ever any conflict, the 2e ruling takes priority
>>
>>44389856
>mech
>its a cyborg

almost rustles me as much as when the writers of Saints Row IV kept insisting that a mech was power armor despite having a seated cockpit.
>>
>>44389902
The drug's called Mech. They never said what he called himself.
>almost rustles me as much as when the writers of Saints Row IV kept insisting that a mech was power armor despite having a seated cockpit.
Saints Row IV was a decent inFamous parody but yes it had some rather displeasing parts.
>>
File: Inline.png (171 KB, 251x699) Image search: [Google]
Inline.png
171 KB, 251x699
>>44389902
>>44390015
Those are all completely made up terms without complete agreement on what they mean.
Not the kind of thing you should get flustered over.

>>44389856
>Is that in reference to something? It reads like there's a joke that's flying miles high overhead.
No, I just like it. I made a character inspired by it. She's a fucked up delinquent clown (I use Harley Quinn art from things like Suicide Squad) who's carnival has some weird supernatural dark magical realism aspects. The main show is she comes on stage and asks for a volunteer and then insults them until they rape and beat her to death using whatever's on the table provided. Then does it again the next night.

Not that I've ever really used the concept for anything. Maybe it'll be an antagonist or something.
>>
If you could pitch any book idea to OPP, what would it be?

Looking for supplements, not new gamelines.
>>
Could someone upload the holiday Condition Cards? Drivethru doesn't work on mobile.
>>
>>44390252

A guide to playing cultists and mortal sorcerers for Mummy: the Curse, ideally full of optional subsystems that could easily be used to model the full power of a Hunter organization or a Mystery Cult.

Dark Ages: Wraith.
>>
An Extempore born from a volcanic eruption on a Pacific Island, modeled off an awesome Hawaiian god: hot or not?
>>
So, I'm going to be introducing my friends to Hunter and I'm having them start off at the beginning with just a cell, and not part of a compact yet. Any recommendations for a good first monster, that wouldn't slaughter them outright?
>>
File: 1443867723079.jpg (69 KB, 500x719) Image search: [Google]
1443867723079.jpg
69 KB, 500x719
>>44390109
>No, I just like it. I made a character inspired by it. She's a fucked up delinquent clown (I use Harley Quinn art from things like Suicide Squad) who's carnival has some weird supernatural dark magical realism aspects.
I see.
> The main show is she comes on stage and asks for a volunteer and then insults them until they rape and beat her to death using whatever's on the table provided. Then does it again the next night.
Hm. Okay.
>Those are all completely made up terms
Many words were, and armour is fairly universally agreed-upon to be something you wear. Not flustered just a little put off, and it wasn't that so much as the general style of the game.
>>44390252
Unexpected Allies, a supplement that 1) Converts WoD: Innocents to CoDa and 2) Provides a way to play child(ren) (of) Hunters while dealing with how the Vigil affects family life.

Depending on ST it'd play either as All Grown Up: WoD edition, Disney's Recess Chronicles or full Carrie.

>>44390376
Does one of them plan to join Null Mysteries or Network Zero? Use a Cryptid some cult let loose due to personal incompetence. Next arc is them dealing with the cult trying to cover it up.
>>
>>44390376

A young vampire. He leaves an easy trail to follow, and is a decent fight.

Once they kill him, his sire comes out of hiding and is pissed. He's much more powerful, and has political/financial connections.
>>
>>44390421
I love the cryptid idea. This was going to be based in florida and there is plenty of chance for awesome weird shit because of all the swamps around here.

>>44390425
I was thinking of vampires originally, because I'm reading through the Night Stalkers book, I'm just worried it would push their shit in.
>>
>>44390309
Call them Pele, and you've hooked me.
>>
>>44390109
>Those are all completely made up terms without complete agreement on what they mean.

Except they aren't and they have some murky, but well defined differences. An android is completely synthetic while a cyborg is part human. And power armor needs to, by definition, be worn like armor and can not have a seated cockpit. You get into murky territory with mechs like Escaflowne where its a hybrid but in that case the term mech or power armor isn't in debate, but where on the scale it fits. The mech in SRIV was very clearly on the mecha side and not power armor by anyone''s definition.

It also helps to know that mecha in Japan has a different meaning than mech in the west and can refer to different things, which may be where you or the SR writers get confused. That doesn't make them made up terms however and as long as you know the context you should be able to make distinctions.
>>
>>44390421
>Unexpected Allies, a supplement that 1) Converts WoD: Innocents to CoDa and 2) Provides a way to play child(ren) (of) Hunters while dealing with how the Vigil affects family life.
>
>Depending on ST it'd play either as All Grown Up: WoD edition, Disney's Recess Chronicles or full Carrie.
pretty creepy senpai
>>
>>44390252
Dark Eras/Mirrors for different settings. There are a few books that touch on stuff like that, but none really *FOCUS* on it. I want a book specifically about Dark Eras that are different settings. Fantasy, space opera, cyberpunk, superhero, even expanding on the Destroyed and Revealed settings. I want to use the WoD rules and some of the setting elements (like Twilight and spirits and ghosts and maybe the alternate realms).

>>44390376
Go with something that's not really a major template. I'd suggest a barghest or maybe a ghost. >>44390421 is onto something with using a Cryptid. Alternately, watch Supernatural and steal from that.

>>44390491
Remember, you're playing Hunter, not Vampire. You don't need to worry about Ventrue and Invictus and Gangrel. You can do whatever you want. If you've got the Chronicles of Darkness book, they have some good monster creation suggestions. Use that. Don't worry about "that's not how it is in the game they're from".

>>44390557
"Mech" and "Mecha" are incredibly murky terms, and "power armour" could mean the typical "enhancement that is worn like armour" or it could mean "a robotic armoured vehicle".
I mean, in Gundam they use the term "Mobile Armour" for the unmanned drone robots.
>>
File: 1424590793346.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1424590793346.gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>44390730
Oh, wasn't that the point in a horror game?
>senpai
Thanks Hiro.
>>44390491
>I love the cryptid idea. This was going to be based in florida and there is plenty of chance for awesome weird shit because of all the swamps around here.
Oh, if you're going with something from the swamps you could look give towards giving it the ability to 'swim' through earth and its weakness direct light exposure.

Light does not directly hurt it, but for a few seconds it keeps it from submerging again. That's the window of opportunity in which your gun person pumps it full of holes. Or not.
>>
>>44390252
>If you could pitch any book idea to OPP, what would it be?

Cities in Shadow. An expansion of what they're already doing in each splat. The book would be three to five major cities from around the world with details on what life is like there for mortals and supernaturals. I'd really like one of those cities to be Chicago again.
>>
>>44391232

I would buy twelve fucking copies.

Give me Los Angeles, Istanbul, London, and Hong Kong.
>>
>>44390826
>Dark Eras/Mirrors for different settings. There are a few books that touch on stuff like that, but none really *FOCUS* on it. I want a book specifically about Dark Eras that are different settings. Fantasy, space opera, cyberpunk, superhero, even expanding on the Destroyed and Revealed settings. I want to use the WoD rules and some of the setting elements (like Twilight and spirits and ghosts and maybe the alternate realms).
/wodg/ how would you do this?
>>
>>44391520

I wouldn't, because the only good part of Mirrors was the alternate stat allocation for character creation.

If you want cyberpunk/space opera/post-apoc/whatever, play a game about that.
>>
>>44391520
No. I would do literally not that.
>>
>>44391520
>samefagging
>>
>>44391520

The Demon Storyteller's Guide has alternate settings for Biblical, Cyberpunk, and Apocalyptic stuff.
>>
>>44391621
>>44391657
I want to play a cyberpunk/space opera/post-apoc/whatever game with WoD. Most of the alternate rules for Mirrors could better be summed up by "play a rules light game" anyway.

>>44391658
I wasn't implying I was a different person, just highlighting that part of my post and asking how other people would do it. The theme of the thread a few days ago was actually asking if anyone had played alternate settings, and some people gave interesting replies.
Not everything is a conspiracy.

>>44391691
Does it? Sweet, gonna have to check that out.
>>
>>44391775
>Not everything is a conspiracy.
Samefagging also means pointing to your own posts. If nobody cares nobody cares.
>>
>>44391784
But if nobody cares there's no reason to point out that nobody cares.
>>
>>44391817
>But if nobody cares there's no reason to point out that nobody cares.
Aren't you a clever little faggot.
>>
>>44391355

LA and London are going to be in Mage. I can't remember if we've done Istanbul or Hong Kong yet.
>>
>>44392133
>London are going to be in Mage
Just in time for my game set there.
Bless you DaveB.
>>
>>44392133

Istanbul was in a Demon supplement. No Hong Kong yet, for some ungodly reason; I think it would be a great Changeling city.

The cities are my favorite part of the 2e books. I'm so hype for Mage.
>>
>>44392207
>>44392133
Isn't Constantinople going to be the Demon Dark Era?

>>44392207
I could see Changeling. I could also see Mage. Both fit for the rather byzantine circumstances surrounding Hong Kong.
>>
>>44392207

Vampire 2e probably has my favorite collection of cities so far.
>>
>>44392207
>>44392257

I just checked. Hong Kong's in Promethean 2e.
>>
>>44392257

Demon got freshly-conquered Constantinople, the Russian Revolution, and 1960s Berlin, and were then added to the Aztec Empire setting that Skinchangers got. Get fucking hype.

>>44392287

The Montreal setting was GOAT, but everything else was underwhelming.

>>44392308

Oh my fucking god. It's a christmas miracle!
>>
>>44392133

Do I recall correctly that New York will also be included in Mage?

While the sample cities and other locations in the various core books are welcome, besides a far more thorough presentation, separate city books offer-up many more possibilities, particularly for crossover opportunities and the ability to examine what life is like for lesser templates and normal mortals in the shadow of big players.
>>
>>44392308
That sounds amazing.
>>
>>44390252
>If you could pitch any book idea to OPP, what would it be?
A WtF book about Hosts. Just Hosts and ways to deal with them. I want in depth information about non-rat and spider Hosts. Locusts havealways been one of my favorites but they along with the others that have been mentioned just don't have enough information out.
>>
>>44392361

I think Mage is Los Angeles, Tokyo, Tucson, Salamanca, and London.
>>
>>44390109
Do you have this as a char on f-list by any chance?
>>
>>44392361

New York in Mage is an odd one. We've designed it - we've got more details about it than the cities that are *in* Mage - and the fiction for the 2e corebook is set there and introduces a lot of its characters, but the description of the New York Consilium itself won't be until Tome of the Pentacle, as our example of a complicated Awakening setting. New York / New Jersey has one of the biggest Consilia in the world - there's three full Silver Ladder Caucuses, managed by the rarely-seen position of ArchDeacon, there's a local Nameless Order, there's the ongoing fallout from a political disaster. It wouldn't fit into 3000 words in the corebook, so we've saved it until we have room for it.
>>
>>44392308
Fuck yes
>>
>>44392452

This sounds erotic. Can you give us a taste of what the local GotV are like? Fingers crossed for more big settings like that.

I still hold out hope that an eventual 2e line would give us an Asian setting for Mummy. Or, y'know, an Egyptian one.
>>
>>44392393
Actually I think I'll change my choice to a book that updates Skinthieves from Skinchangers and Low Magic from Second Sight to 2e. Low Magic needs some polishing, but I feel like it is something that's needed.
>>
>>44390942
Why would it leave in the first place?
>>
>>44392426
Don't be ridiculous.
Of course I do.
https://www.f-list.net/c/candlewick
>>
Anyone's made some Gifts using David Hill's guidelines yet?
>>44392523
>I still hold out hope that an eventual 2e line would give us an Asian setting for Mummy
Singapore would be sexy as all hell for it.
>>44392542
>Why would it leave in the first place?
To attack, of course. Someone's gotta be bait.
>>44392308
>>44392452
HYPE
>>
>>44392452

Mage NYC sounds fantastic. I'm glad it will ultimately receive such an extensive treatment, but saddened that it will not be available until TotP.

Even though TofP obviously focuses on the Pentacle, I do hope the Seers in NYC are thoroughly discussed, as I imagine they are very well represented in one of the political, economic, and cultural powerhouses of the world.

As Mage 2e and SoS still are still unavailable, is there any hope at all that TotP will be published in 2016?

It would be great to see a treatment of vampires in NYC, but that's an issue for Rose. NYC would truly be a fantastic crossover city.
>>
>>44392689

Wrong dude, Chris Allen wrote the Gift blog. Haven't done anything with it yet but I have a few ideas.
>>
>>44392452

I forget, will Mage 2e be returning to Boston in the core?
>>
Noob question: in V20, is the blood pool you roll your maximum blood pool at the start of the game or just how much you so happen to have at that moment? Could a new character raise his blood pool past the number he rolled without experience?
>>
>>44392452
Yes, please.

I know I'd buy it independently of the full book if you're having trouble getting it to fit in.
>>
>>44392452
>>44392882
>>44392966

I think city or region books, whether line-specific or crossover, would be a great opportunity for smaller PDF releases. Rather than huge and expensive tomes requiring many hours of research, with detailed maps, block by block descriptions, and dozens of NPC's, a far broader and simpler city and major player overview with plot hooks would still be helpful and enjoyable. Such projects could also focus on small or more obscure (or fictional) locales.
>>
>>44392883
>Wrong dude, Chris Allen wrote the Gift blog.
Well don't I look silly now.
>>44392911
Let me try to remember.
1) Current. Max pool is determined by generation as per page 278 or thereabouts.
2) No, but why would they want that right out the door?
>>
>>44392911
The current. Your maximum is determined by your Generation and can never be improved with XP.
>>
>>44393142
>>44393176
Okay, thank you. Here is one last question I had regarding the character creation process - there are two willpower scores - the rating and the pool (I think). Do these both = the courage score? Or is it just the permanent rating? If that's the case, how does one determine the temporary rating at the beginning of the game?
>>
>>44393142
>>44393176
These.
>>44392911
>>44393472
Holy fuck why are you STing.
>>
>>44393472
Temporary rating (points) at the start is equal to the maximum rating (dots).
>>
>>44393506
Because sometimes people are noobs and instead of being a cockbite, maybe just explaining shit helps out more.

Though anon who is asking for help, I'd advise reading those sections again and take into account any time it says 'points' is temporary and 'dots' is permanent, and it should help alleviate some of your issues.
>>
>>44393472
>Do these both = the courage score?
>Finishing Touches
>Record Humanity (equal to Conscience + Self-Control), Willpower (equal to Courage), and Blood Pool.
Yes, also >>44393511 this.
>>
>>44393537
>Because sometimes people are noobs and instead of being a cockbite, maybe just explaining shit helps out more.
I have nothing against noobs. I'm just put off by guys who don't read the entry sections.
>>
>>44393506
What makes you assume he's the ST?
Also, people sometimes ST because if they don't a game will never happen.

Half the games I've learned I had to step up and GM them.

>>44393574
It's not like WW products are easy to understand, with detailed chapter descriptions and helpful indices.
>>
is it possible to fool the GM into thinking that the Lynchpin for a very important piece of Infrastructure is still there? Also what is the Techgnostic equivalent of turning on your filterkeys by accident?
>>
>>44393506
>Holy fuck why are you STing
Obviously, I'm not a storyteller.
>>
>>44393574
To be fair, looking back at my V20 book, the section on willpower is vague on whether or not the equality to the courage score applies to both the temporary and permanent willpower score.
>>
Could you make Tron in DtD?
>>
>>44391691
They still fucked up by making the biblical and post-apocalyptic settings about biomechanical matrix agents with wings rather than, you know, the angels and demons you'd sort of like to play in a World of Darkness game. I don't mind Matrix agents being an option, but at least ALSO give me the option to play the thing we bought the gameline for. Demon: The Fallen did that really well.
>>
>>44393841
>The Demon the Descent book fucked up by making the alternate settings Demon the Descent settings
>>
>>44393841
This makes me wonder what DtD angels and demons looked like in the ancient past.
>>
>>44394062
According to the open design draft, the exact same. Biomechanical bullshittery.
>>
>>44389902
The main character goes on about it not being power armor though. And then finds real power armor later.
>>
>>44394062
That's why I'm excited for the Constantinople setting in Dark Eras.

>>44394071
Have we seen that? I thought the one in the Dark Eras kickstarter was 1960s cold war, and the ancient era one was an expansion we won't see until the book gets released in 2018.
>>
>>44394099
There's a very rough open design document which specifically states the God-Machine's aesthetic remains the same throughout the ages.
>>
>>44393835
I imagine that would be some Demon's vision of Hell.
>>
>>44393835
>Could you make Tron in DtD?
Easily.
Incarnation: Messenger.
Agenda: Saboteur.
>>44393643
>is it possible to fool the GM into thinking that the Lynchpin for a very important piece of Infrastructure is still there?
It's possible to suborn Infrastructure, though RAW it stops working properly and just makes Aether.

Stopping the GM from learning the Infrastructure's been compromised is trickier. Personally I'd probably ask for multiple rolls and have the gang work together in order to get the structure off the grid, so to speak, but then I'm far from the best GM.
>>44394071
>>44394134
Which honestly makes sense. It's not of human origin, and even if nobody's updated it in way too long.
>>
>>44393841

1. Get Demon the Fallen
2. Get Demon Translation Guide, play with nWoD setting if you'd like.

Done. I never thought the usual Angels or Demons fit with nWoD's settings, so I'm OK with Descent's take. Even the more traditional Inferno demons don't really fit with more Biblical stuff. Besides, if I want to play Biblical demons, I've got In Nomine (new edition coming too!) and Demon the Fallen and a bunch of other games to play.
>>
File: christmas.jpg (41 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
christmas.jpg
41 KB, 400x300
>>44382062
>So, what did you do for Christmas?

Jerk off
>>
>>44392581
Do you have a skype? Really want to rp with you again but don't want to make a ACC.
>>
>>44395786
I do, but I don't use it. Also I never RP!

Really hoping Werewolf changes that. I have seriously got to get my group together before I lose interest and become an unmotivated lump lying on the floor.
Hopefully running a game will restore my vigor and help me do things like RP and write.
>>
>>44396280
Awww its a shame you have so many good character ideas and profiles.
>>
>>44396690
That's because I make characters instead of playing characters. It's a blessing and a curse. Probably my best quality as an ST, though
>>
Guys. I'm totally new.
Are all world of darkenss games literally impossible to play?

I joined one and after we got along fine with the GM and everything seemed nice and dandy he suddenly deleted and blocked me with no warning and no explanation given.

Then i joined another one, and the things written there are gibberish to me, and the GM speaks in a totally cryptic way so i actually have no idea what i should even be doing and what sort of game that is going to be.
>>
>>44396849
The Roll20/general online WoD community is supposed to be very bad, yes.
>very cryptic
Do tell more.
>>
>>44396885
I asked a question and he gave a totally unrelated vaguely eerie reply.
And he completely refuses to answer anything about the setting apart from the year because "that would spoil it".
And i don't even understand what his rules mean.
Or what the things he has on the handouts list are supposed to mean.
>>
>>44396849
You may need to find better games.

>>44396924
Care to share the handout? Perhaps we could hivemind it.
>>
>>44396849
What was the DMs name and was it on roll20?
>>
>>44396924
I'm seconding >>44396944, maybe he's a Low Clarity Changeling.
>>
>>44396944
>find better games
anon i've been trying for 2.5 years to get into a game.

>share the handout
i don't know of he would like it but i don't think he would.
it was called "old graveyard" and there were rows with names and columns with name/actor/player/episode/died of
and none of that made sense
and this is supposed to be a game that hasn't started yet

>>44396966
the incomprehensible one was simply sanders
the one that randomly deleted me was maellus on skype
>>
>>44397042
And if it's a shitty game and you quit or he ejects you anyway, what's the harm in sharing the handout?
>>
>>44397080
but what if it's not shitty game.
also i generally don't want to do things other people wouldn't like
>>
>>44397042
Based on the episode/dead/etc. it sounds like you might be getting involved in a sequel game or something.
>>
>>44397140
That's what i thought. but a sequel to what. And why are there joke entries on there if it's an IC thing. And if it's OOC why not explain it?
>>
File: Fairest.jpg (72 KB, 900x533) Image search: [Google]
Fairest.jpg
72 KB, 900x533
>>44397042
>the incomprehensible one was simply sanders
> I speak English, Australian, Chinese Mandarin, Russian, Retard & Autist
>>
>>44396966
to clarify
"simply sanders" on roll 20 was all IC-like and incomprehensible in pre game chat
"maellus" on skype randomly kicked me with 0 explanation given

>>44397177
... soooo?
>>
File: Hunter Dark Ages.jpg (288 KB, 1280x1371) Image search: [Google]
Hunter Dark Ages.jpg
288 KB, 1280x1371
This is your threadly reminder to WORK ON YOUR HtV SUBMISSION.
>>44397197
>... soooo?
Nothing.
>>
>>44397229
If he speaks retard he should be able to explain it even to me, a complete and total newfag.
I guess he's trying to be humorous, which i was completely fine with.
But that has very little to do with him saying things that one would rather expect to hear IC.
>>
>>44397260
>>44397229
>>44397140
A different player has finally responded and can explain things to me. Yay.
>>
File: Dean thumbs-up.png (160 KB, 268x287) Image search: [Google]
Dean thumbs-up.png
160 KB, 268x287
>>44397411
Woot woot.
>>
>>44397197
I've played with Sanders before, it was actually a decent amount of fun until the game just seemed like it petered out before the last session.
>>
>>44397229

I was gonna say "we don't even know when the Open Call is happening" but Monica's zipping along on Hunter, compared to some lines.
>>
Do Mage armor spells (such as Organic Resilience) stack with mundane armor (such as a Bulletproof Vest)?

nWoD 1e.
>>
I have some ideas swirling around for a VtM game, probably somewhat short, as a sort of 'follow up' to Los Angeles and Bloodlines, using tabletop and a rough 'here's what happened in Bloodlines' arrangement.

If I finalize my ideas, I might recruit four or five from here for it.
>>
>>44398217
Actually she just posted one question about whether or not to keep a compact.
That's hardly zipping along.
Mage, Changeling and Promethean are in various stages of written.
>>
>>44398217
No reason not to get started on it, though.

>>44398829
I hate VTM but keep wanting to give it a try.
>>
>>44398829
In particular, what I'm looking at is...
* A little over 10 years have passed. Gehenna has not happened, though some things have such as the Ravnos' Week of Nightmares (essentially skip Gehenna, without having it peter out).
Los Angeles is split ultimately three ways...
* Maximillian Strauss is the Camarilla Prince of Downtown, Long Beach, Orange County and a number of expanded areas. Notably, Ash Rivers has joined the Camarilla after his experience with the Society of Leopold.
* Therese Voermann is still the Baron of Santa Monica and surrounding areas, having the largest expansion of control. Jeanette Voermann has ostensibly joined the Camarilla, though she is way low on the totem pole, sowing false information to the Camarilla.
* Isaac Abrams has disappeared; in his place, V.V. has risen to the position of Advocate of the Movement, controlling only a small shard of the former large Barony of Hollywood; her acumen is not what Isaac's was, and she has lost territory in deals and necessary annexing to the enlarging Camarilla to keep her constituents safe.
* Nines Rodriguez has aligned himself with the other Anarchs as the Constable, enforcing their rules and laws in order to keep them safe from the larger Camarilla and to enforce their adherence, as much as he dislikes it and with as loose a hand as he can, to the Treaty of Thorns lest they be warred upon. Damsel supports him but often clashes with the local Cammies.
* The Kuei-Jin have mostly pulled out of Los Angeles some years ago.

My idea for this is to have some Camarilla neonates or ancillae built as the PCs, and have them be involved in oncoming issues in Los Angeles and the surrounding area.
>>
>>44397229
/tg/ can't even get a holiday condition made.Only ask them to try and submit if you want every conspiracy to be a ripoff of D&D and every compact based entirely on some shit anime. And no one kills anyone because killing is bad.
>>
File: Merry Conditions.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Merry Conditions.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44399437
>/tg/ can't even get a holiday condition made.
What? I made several.
>>
>>44398798
Yes. In 1e and 2e, mage armor and physical mundane armor explicitly stacks.
>>
>>44394172
One of the Demon supplements (The Interface?) had a casual MMORPG that started to creep into reality.
>>
>>44400263
Interface was the one, yep. The fiction compilation.
>>
>>44400123

None of them won, though, which I guess is their point? Either way, folks should be trying to do submission stuff.

>>44399422

Life's short, try shit. The worst thing that'll happen is that you don't like it, it's not like doing a line of heroin or something.
>>
>>44401415
>line of heroin

Next you'll tell me you shoot up marijuana, you crazy, drug-addled fool.
>>
>>44400123
If you want to write conditions, you should figure out the basic rules of the game. Integrity has nothing to do with naughtiness or niceness.
>>
>>44401415
>it's not like doing a line of heroin or something.
>2015-2016
>heroin
>not cake
>>
>>44402817
They're holiday joke conditions. Also, it's explicitly losing a point of Integrity for doing harm to someone.
>>
>>44399437
Actually I did get a win. But I just come here occasionally (I'm mostly on other boards) and while I think you're being harsh about the writing ability of folks here I have to admit they do tend to weebshit and moralfaggotry.
>>
>>44402856
>Also, it's explicitly losing a point of Integrity for doing harm to someone.
Only if you can't imagine yourself doing harm to someone to begin with.
>>
>>44401456

Hey man, you can trust me. Just go vape a big batch of whiskey! You'll love it, I promise!
>>
>>44402891

Lemme guess, you were Yippie Ki-Yay?
>>
>>44402960
No
>>
>>44402897
No, I mean that the "Naughty" Condition is explicitly for losing Integrity for being a jerk.

>>44402891
>>44399437
>moralfaggotry
What are you even on about? Closest I can think of is not wanting Hunters who are redneck murderhobos.
>>
>>44403029
>Closest I can think of is not wanting Hunters who are redneck murderhobos.
but you guys love Supernatural
>>
>>44403087

Supernatural's a good monster of the week show trapped in a mediocre serial drama, just like The X-Files.
>>
>>44403087
But Sam and Dean aren't really redneck murderhobos. Not to say they aren't literally hobos who murder things.

>>44403110
It's decent drama. Which sort of undermines the monster of the week thing. I want more monsters like wendigo and such. Not demons and vengeful spirits.
>>
>>44403110
...about redneck murderhobos
>>
>>44402933
>Hey man, you can trust me. Just go vape a big batch of whiskey! You'll love it, I promise!
I liked the flare of panic about that.
http://healthland.time.com/2013/06/05/smoking-alcohol-the-dangerous-way-people-are-getting-drunk/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2013/06/21/the-dangers-of-smoking-alcohol/
http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/take-a-deep-breath-and-dont-drive/
>>44399437
Harsh.
> And no one kills anyone because killing is bad.
They do seem be polarized in regards to that topic...
>>44402891
>moralfaggotry
Specific examples?
>>
Wtf! is the demon storyteller's guide out? Can some good anon share a link if so?
>>
>>44403998
>Wtf! is the demon storyteller's guide out? Can some good anon share a link if so?
WTF?! OMG!! :O
>>
>>44392689
>Anyone's made some Gifts using David Hill's guidelines yet?

Don't make me fight you.
>>
>>44404256
Stat up an monster in revenge. :^)
>>
>>44404256
How does an Allen fight?
>>
>>44405650
...poorly.
>>
>>44406022
Tap into your inner Lupine!
>>
What is the difference between Sleepers and Sleepwalkers? And can a Sleepwalker be Embraced?
>>
>>44406101
Sleepwalkers do not suffer from Quiescence and therefore do not forget about Supernal Magic nor do they worsen Paradox by witnessing it. Otherwise Sleepwalkers are regular people.
>>
>>44406178
>Otherwise Sleepwalkers are regular people.
Ah, I thought that other than the "No Quiescence" thing they'd have something more to them, especially considering the how the Grigori.are Sleepwalkers who have been Astrally discombobulated.
>>
>>44406299
I think the idea with the Grigorii is that if they were not Sleepwalkers, they would undo the Shround through Dissonance.
>>
>>44406039
Think of it as haggling versus dating.

Social Maneuvering is long term manipulating people. It's trying to make a new ally or get someone to let you do something by showing them that you're friendly and interesting, or at least not going to just run off.

I use the dating example because that's a good example of something that doesn't happen instantly (but most games probably would treat it that way). I will say it leaves a little something to be desired; it'd be nice if there were rules for more short term Social Maneuvering (basically Perfect Impression level; for things like getting passed a secretary or getting information in the span of turns, not days), but it's not too hard to use the Doors system for short term things as well. That also makes things like Sympathetic more viable.

In the Chronicles of Darkness core, there's also the suggestion to use Pursuit, but I haven't read over that yet.

>>44406299
The Grigori are different, sure; also, it's just a 1 dot merit, and the kind encouraged to be given away free. If you want to make it better, then have it give immunity to the "what have you forgotten?" thing in general. Werewolf Lunacy, the way the Kiss muddles your mind about being bitten sensually, Disquiet, maybe even Changeling Miens.
Just a general 1xp surcharge for being able to play well with any splat as a muggle.
>>
>>44406404
I wouldn't make people immune to Disquiet, because it tends to ruin Prometheans. Maybe lessen the effectiveness, but not immunity.
>>
>>44406584
maybe a Sleepwalker is always one stage of Disquiet lower than a normal person.
>>
>>44406586

Think of the roll taking place over a long period of time. You only roll once and you succeed but the actually action of that success takes days. It means that for the next few days you were successful in schmoozing.
>>
can someone update the mega with mortal remains for hunter? or atleast throw me a link for it
>>
>>44406584
Nah. Having a few people immune to Disquiet actually makes Promethean better. It means you have this person that you have to go to. I wouldn't be surprised if Prometheans had Touchstones that were immune to Disquiet, same way that Touchstones are immune to the Nosferatu Curse (and I think Humanity penalties?)

>>44406586
>I can't get my group to play anything other than DnD, but I can at least take inspiration from other systems to improve their DnD experience.
I'm so sorry for you. Have you tried murder?

But serious, doesn't D&D already have a long term system? I know it has impression levels.
>>
File: 1429160274548.png (4 MB, 4700x4933) Image search: [Google]
1429160274548.png
4 MB, 4700x4933
>>44407483

Go buy it ;)
>>
>>44407533
>Nah. Having a few people immune to Disquiet actually makes Promethean better. It means you have this person that you have to go to. I wouldn't be surprised if Prometheans had Touchstones that were immune to Disquiet, same way that Touchstones are immune to the Nosferatu Curse (and I think Humanity penalties?)
Why did this make me think of Pterry? Hell Now that I think about it that name would be perfect for a Sleepwalker in the Egypt of Neolithic Mage.
>>
>>44407483
http://a.pomf.cat/fqusyv.pdf

Please remember that sharing is caring.

Any other requests? I'm a generous post-holiday mood.
>>
>>44407845
What's with those weird weeby hosts I see being used lately?
>>
>>44408015
>lately

The original pomf was around for years before it went under.They're great. Basically the imgur of file uploads
>>
>>44407845
>http://a.pomf.cat/fqusyv.pdf
Thanks
>>
>>44407718
Pterry?

>>44408015
Super easy, and dumb themes are more interesting. I'm a fan of mixtape.moe, which styles itself like something out of Gone Home or Life is Strange (or, you know, the 90s)
https://mixtape.moe/

But mostly >>44408196
>>
>>44408824
>Pterry?
Terry Pratchett.
>>
>>44403998
>>44404041

It's not out yet. Could be this week or next week, depending on Paradox.
>>
>>44409126
Isn't Flowers of Hell the Demon Storyteller's Guide?

Wait, no, that's Player's Guide. What's the difference?
>>
>>44409168
It has stuff for characters instead of overall campaigns, I bargain.
>>
>>44409168

Alternative settings and Storyteller Advice.
>>
What're some creative elements to pair with psychokinesis?
>>
>>44411204
Arsenic

POISON BRIANWAVES!!!
>>
>>44411223
Does that...even work? I thought psychokinesis had to be something more..physical and vague?
>>
>>44411458

who cares its cool
>>
>>44399431
Interesting, any reason Isaac disappears?
>>
Also, anyone read Lore of the Clans that was shared by a generous anon a few days ago?

Have to say I'm disappointed. They had to cram all the lore of the clans into one book, so it ended up not being very detailed. The character examples at the end don't even have any stats if you ever want to put them into the game. All in all, the book looks lacking, so I'll just buy the original clanbooks since they are more detailed and the LoC barely adds anything new.
>>
>>44411204
Blood.
>>
Has anyone thought of any expansions to the Ink Endowment?

I think the idea would work as a full blown conspiracy rather than just being associated the Knights of Saint Adrian.
>>
>>44411508
I hadn't decided yet. Plus if i recruit from here, I didn't want to post it to have in the archive for prospective players to get at if I use the idea whole-cloth.
>>
There's a discussion on the Mage forums on the OPP-site.
Which Legacies do we want to see after the release of Mage2e?

Moros is already taken, it's in the book itself, but the other four paths need some loving. Which ones do you want to see, and why?
>>
File: Bishoujo Senshi Yousei Kishi.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Bishoujo Senshi Yousei Kishi.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44412506
But... it is a full blown Conspiracy.

Also, Ink's mechanics were my inspiration for Pactio's mechanics. You could maybe use some of them. Just drop the Ban aspect and refluff.
>>
>>44413783
I meant full blown conspiracy in the sense of something actually worth playing as a PC, but fair point.

And while the Pactio's are a bit more obvious than I was thinking, but they will work with a bit of work.
>>
Is the red star in VTMB's sky box?
>>
>>44414354
I believe so.
>>
>>44414491
>>44414354
Anybody got a screenshot? I'm curious.
>>
>>44413996
the knights of st adrian are entirely playable
they're fucking bounty hunters for the god machine, that's plot hooks waiting to happen
>>
So. I haven't done much online RPing in a while.
I prefer text-based (I like being descriptive, and I come from a MUSH and livejournal RP background).
Any thoughts on something that fits the bill besides mIRC?
>>
So...what happens if someone reneges on a contract with a demon? Or vice versa, demon promises to perform a task for the mortal in exchange for thing but they don't ever do that task.
>>
>>44415367
Inferno - the thing the Demon provides is explicitly powered by the sacrifice made, so if you avoide te sacrifice you lose the reward
>>
>>44414640
Once I can figure out what to spend .99c on from Amazon, I'm going to be buying VtM:B, so I'll get a screenshot for you eventually.

>>44413996
Honestly, I only have two problems with the Knights:
-- They're clearly working for the "bad guys"
-- The fluff is inconsistent on whether they're noble or just mercs.

I think it's always bad for Hunter groups to be so explicitly working for the antagonists of a gameline as opposed to the assumption that they go after the members of a splat that are causing problems, regardless of antagonist or player faction (so no Werewolf Hunters working for the Pure... which is a problem with Les Mysteres as well, although for them they're just dumb). You have to do mental gymnastics to make the Knights not outright working for the God-Machine.

I also don't like Hunter groups, like Cheiron, that are just in it for the dosh. I much prefer the other Knights (of St George) who are noble badasses who slaughter Mages because the Abyss will destroy the world if they don't. They don't indiscriminately hate Mages, they're just a walking Guardians of the Veil PSA. Half the fluff for the Sidearm of the Angels make them out to be noble modern day knights with a sort of biker theme.
The other half makes them seem like they just want a paycheck and are every mook from a 90s action movie given superpowers.

"We're working for the bad guys? Well how much are the good guys offering?"
>>
>>44413649

Didn't Dave already have his mind set on which ones he was gonna do? Whipping Boys is a shoe in for Obrimos.

Personally I want the Morphean Continuity written up.
>>
>>44415436
I mean in descent
>>
>>44415454
>-- They're clearly working for the "bad guys"
why is it /tg/ doesn't read the books?
demons take peoples souls and kill people out of hand for their own desires
they're not the good guys
>>
>>44415984
This is what I was talking about.
>>44402891
>I have to admit they do tend to weebshit and moralfaggotry.
If I didn't think it was them being stupid, I'da thought someone had changed all the text in their books so they thought the game books were about "good guys" and not "do what they want" guys
>>
>>44415984
So if an amoral murderer is kidnapped, tortured and killed by amoral mercenaries who only work for money, which one is the better person?
>>
>>44415285

I'd suggest Roll20, but apparently the WoD Community there is garbage.
>>
>>44416096
The mercenary. Because they survived. By being better. It's the world of fucking darkness. You don't win by being a good guy. You win by having fun and playing a character you want to play.
>>
>start new Cell
>Resource 4 nigga immediately drops like 100k on phosphorous bullets
I'm really liking this campaign.
>>
>>44416209
The CofD community is shit, and the oWoD is full of autists and terrible people. Like imagine the worst players, that them.
>>
>>44416234
>100k on phosphorous bullets
That's illegal as shit man. The cops are gonna be on your ass.
>>
>>44416265
>That's illegal as shit man. The cops are gonna be on your ass.
Well, buckshot. The guy actually failed pretty badly on getting incendiary rounds.
>>
>>44416209
Mostly I'm looking for something I can give to people I'd recruit directly and see how things go. I haven't run an online game in forever that wasn't done on a MUSH or ages ago when mIRC was a thing.
>>
>>44416265
>That's illegal as shit man. The cops are gonna be on your ass.
ATF,, and only in a few states. It's not illegal in most.
>>
>>44415984
>>44416051
>>44416212
When I say "bad guys" I mean "the Antagonist faction".
Most of the player characters I've seen aren't actual villains. All but the worst of them have been selfish, not puppy killing monsters.
(The worst of them have been outright supervillain tier).

Demons are more than capable of being good guys, both in a "did what I had to do" sort of way and an outright "not being a shithead and helping others" way. They're literally trying to take down a malevolent force that controls the world, and none of them are required to kill people out of hand or take souls. In fact, a Demon can be beneficial to everyone around them.

Meanwhile the Knights of Saint Adrien literally work for the malevolent force that secretly controls the world. It's hard to argue that the God-Machine, the Exarchs, or the Pure aren't objectively "bad guys". No player character I've ever seen, even the most supervillain-esque, has been that level of objective "bad guy".

>>44416237
You're one of them.

>>44416265
>Being a domestic terrorist
>Worrying about legality

>>44415285
>>44416320
IRC is great once you've explained to everyone how to use it. Use whenisgood.com to figure out scheduling.
>>
>>44416096

The Mercenaries, because they're making the amoral folks that prey on people go away. From an outsider's perspective, the world view of a Demon's completely insane, and it's not like the Knights of St. Adrian know what's totally up either.

The thing about WoD is that you could totally be doing right thing, cosmically, and still end up doing something awful and end up being a shitty person. It's a very humanist take on Horror.

I think it's something that ends up getting lost in Beast criticism, actually. The problem with Beast isn't that the characters are doing villainous things, it's that they're doing these things without the game being aware of it. That and the shockingly mundane cruelty and abuse in the feeding examples, which is far too close to home to ever be fun.
>>
>>44416414
>When I say "bad guys" I mean "the Antagonist faction".
That's a seriously stupid fucking way to get that across. And doubly stupid considering EVERYTHING acts as antagonists in the fucking game you dumbass.
Angels are more than capable of being good guys as well, a fraction of them spend their entire "lives" protecting people.
There's nothing malevolent about the God Machine. It's keeping the world running. Without it, gravity stops working and vampires fly around tying everyone to poles so they can suck them off. Without the Exarchs, no leadership, no order. And the Pure are trying to right a great wrong. The Pure are practically how you describe demons. They're trying to take down the Forsaken who run the world and turn it into a humanity filled shit hole.
>>
>>44416414

>You're one of them.

Not that person you're responding to, but nah. You can like something and not consider yourself part of the community. In fact, that's probably the healthiest way to like something: be a fan, but don't be in a fandom. Less drama and burnout that way.
>>
>>44416414
>You're one of them.
>losers trying to pretend they're not alone
Nice try, loser
>>
>>44415595
Not anymore, apparently.

Which I think is a good thing, because while the Whipping Boys might well be fine if they're executed with a hint of tact they're not what I would put in the first ever batch of legacies released for the new edition.
>>
>>44416523
This thread is still part of the community.

>>44416510
>That's a seriously stupid fucking way to get that across.
Well it's a good thing a large portion of that first post elaborated on what I meant, going so far as to say "I think it's always bad for Hunter gruops to be so explicitly working for the antagonists of a gameline" and outright mentioning the Pure.
>And doubly stupid considering EVERYTHING acts as antagonists in the fucking game you dumbass.
Everything can be antagonistic, but not everything is in the literal Goddamned Antagonist chapter. The Pure/Belial's Brood/Seers are in an entirely separate part of the book labeled for Antagonists.
>Angels are more than capable of being good guys as well
They still work for the God-Machine.
The God-Machine also does not form the basis for natural laws like gravity; it works within them. It also has nothing to do with keeping vampires from feeding on everyone; Vampires do that themselves. The Exarchs are also not the ones who provide all the leadership in the world. The Pure are not trying to right a great wrong. The Forsaken are protecting the world from going tits up. They're tasked by a literal deity to do so.

Have you even read the books?

>>44416446
It's sort of silly to assume all player characters in the World of Darkness are amoral folks that prey on people.
"It's the World of Darkness" doesn't inherently mean your character needs to be a jerkass. The entire point of Morality has always been that you shouldn't be a jerkass, in fact.
>>
>>44416790

It doesn't have to be. You can have a bunch of WoD fans get together and have it be part of some kind of overarching WoD community. It's not like we all march in lockstep anyways.
>>
Well I'm working on a new campaign again. This time its werewolf 2e.

The background is your bog standard family gets X(in this case a silver mine) it gives them great wealth but when they dig too deep they find a curse(this case, a chunk of the moon holding a sleeping idigam which turns out, has a kill everyone sickness inside of it). Fearing the loss of family and money the head hires mystics to seal the mine.

Side effects may include: Cultists worshiping the 'Moon Egg' in the mine, wanting to feed it the 'fallen children' to give it the energy it needs to grow up big and strong(while saying its to keep it sated and asleep). An undead workforce that keeps the mines running and the living unemployed. A literally soulless 200 year old millionaire with an army of undead who he uses to mine for 'silver'. Also a thriving mobland thanks to the abundance of unemployment, silver and cult traffic.

So in a land filled with mobsters with nothing to loose, a cult that hunts werewolves, and zombies(who have a little bit too much silver in them bones) who are commanded by someone who really should be dead, our heroes must save their lost loved ones from who ever took them, keep the cult from killing them, probably kill that zombie guy, and keep the 'moon egg' safely in its hole.

Now the questions are: Does this sound remotely interesting, and how much of the Pure should there be? Worried there might not be enough stuff going on without them in the background being dicks.
>>
File: Elwood.jpg (123 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
Elwood.jpg
123 KB, 1600x1201
/wod/, I need your opinion on something. I'm going to be playing a Changeling game in about a month, and I've made Elwood Blues. I've got him almost entirely down pat, but I need help with his physical stats. Should I go with 2 dots in Strength and 3 in Dex for balance, or 4 Dex for driving and only have the 1 in Strength?
>>
>>44416414
>God Machine is a bad guy.
Wut.

The GM isn't a "good guy" certainly but it's hardly a "bad guy". It's interested in preserving humanity as whole but isn't worried about killing, or worse, individuals to further it's goals. It works to preserve the status quo, which isn't great but it could be a hell of a lot worse.
>>
>>44417745
It... doesn't preserve humanity as a whole. In fact it manipulates, subverts, and in some cases even hinders humanity. It doesn't work to preserve "the status quo", it works to propogate itself. It protects humanity when humanity is necessary for it to work.

The God-Machine is an Antagonistic force. The only reason there's a question of whether or not destroying it would be a net positive is because it's so hooked into everything that it would literally cripple human infrastructure. It didn't create that infrastructure, though, it subverted it. In no scenario does the God-Machine care about humanity except as a pawn.
>>
>>44417685

4 Dex for driving. It is the only way.
>>
File: 452-vi.jpg (17 KB, 577x287) Image search: [Google]
452-vi.jpg
17 KB, 577x287
>>44418721
Cool. Works fine for me; 1 STR is enough to use a .38 Colt Police Positive, and that's his old sidearm. His backstory is that he's a Chicago PD officer that got nabbed along with his patrol car in like 1981 by a member of the Gentry obsessed with movies and got turned into Elwood. I even got the GM to okay getting the Bluesmobile as a 4-dot token that can drive through the Hedge.
>>
>>44419128
Oh, and I obviously took the Chauffeur homebrew kith from 1d4chan.
>>
why are both Werewolf games such shit
>>
File: ten thousand dicks thread.png (134 KB, 920x341) Image search: [Google]
ten thousand dicks thread.png
134 KB, 920x341
>>44420132

Werewolves are shit not as shit as mages though

vamps 4 eva
>>
>>44420163

MtAs is a game about how the Technocracy are the objective good guys of the oWoD. MtAw honestly didn't hook me until I read Dark Eras.
>>
What are your favorite non-Big Three (Vamp, Werewuff, Mage) gamelines?
>>
>>44420319
Do Dark Ages Splats count? If not, Wraith
>>
>>44420366

I asked OPP about an eventual DA: Wraith and got a non-answer. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>44420418
>Expecting a 20th dark ages of anything but Vampire
Hate to break it to you, but onyx path literally only cares about Vamp
>>
>>44417745

One of the example scenarios for the God-Machine has it wiping out humanity because the job's done; it has enough uranium.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.