[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /excited/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 650x823
Who /excited/ here?
>>
>>44377429

Dantioch dies. The last chapter is the Tyranids seeing the pharos signal.
>>
>>44377429

Cautiously optimistic. But the HH Series has been very hit and miss recently, and honestly more miss then hit.

Now, is there a DL or Torrent link for this somewhere?
>>
>>44377429
Me, but for unrelated reasons.
>>
>>44377449
is the nature of the pharos explained more?
like we knew it looked sorta like a hive made of a strange alien black material, but apart from that and some old guy knowing shit would come I don't think we had more info.
>>
>>44378045

It releases a quantum pulse when Dantioch overloads it to destroy the attacking night lords. Dates to Necrons and War in Heaven.
>>
>>44378045
>strange alien black material,

Necrodermis?!
>>
>>44378065
>dates to necrons
for fucks sake! no!
the possibility of nids being either the old ones' cleaning machine or that c'tan did it are rising I see.

lets hope it's something else.
>>
>>44377429
>Horus Heresy
>excited for
This unit does not compute.
>>
>>44378137

Nope. It's necrons. It may be how trazyn knows rowboat.
>>
>>44378081
>Necrodermis?!
Gigerite.
>>
>>44378620
>Nope. It's necrons

is there a proof?
>>
>>44378620
Those Necrons and their silly buildings turned superweapons/warmachines/vehicles.

Unrelated: I do wish other science fiction or other proposals had giant national landmarks or huge structures converted to leviathan mobile bases or war machines through the use of magic/technology/artifacts/clever engineering (like on an iceberg or something).
>>
>>44377429
Pollux looks like... REALLY fat.
>>
>>44379052

He's supposed to be as big outside his Armour as a Terminator in Armour.
>>
File: mom.jpg (29 KB, 769x760) Image search: [Google]
mom.jpg
29 KB, 769x760
Without a shadow of a doubt, I'll be reading Pharos. I've read this whole series, minus the BL exclusives and audiobooks (but more than happy to wait for them to come up in short story collections), and have no plans to stop.

The way I do HH is, I wait for about four to six books to come out in standard paperback, which happens once a year or so, and then just binge on those, starting with whichever is the requisite short story book to set the mood (which will be Legacies of Betrayal, this time).

This way, I'm sure to get some good satisfying reads to be worth the trouble of a few inevitable slogs. Last set was a good one. The comparative tedium of Vulkan Lives was more than made up for with the balls-out awesomeness of Scars and Vengeful Spirit.

I hope Pharos will end up being a good one. Dantioch is one of the best "new" characters to come from HH books. I know at least that if Giant Science Metalface Grandpa dies, he better get a suitably awesome send-off.

I can't specifically remember anything I've read by Guy Haley before, but I've stopped having reservations about trying unfamiliar BL authors after Aaron Dembski-Bowden and to an only slightly lesser extent, John French and David Annandale.

But speaking of ADB, as of now, there is only one announced HH book I have REALLY high expectations for. As pictured.

He managed to make fucking Lorgar, of all people, a sympathetic character. If anyone can do the Emprah Himself right, it's probably ADB.
>>
>>44379140

General consensus is that ADB is the best of the Heresy Team. Abnett fucked up big time with Unremembered Empire, McNeil screwed up Vengeful Spirit, Gav Thorpe has never really done a great story, Kyme is hard to read and has no good grasp of characters, and Wraight hasn't failed yet but he hasn't had enough time to prove whether he's worthy of the top tier of HH authors.
>>
>>44379165
I really, REALLY wanted to love Unremembered Empire, but it just smacked too much of the need to resolve a ton of dangling plot threads in too small a space. Which really bugs me, because it's page count isn't particularly high by HH standards.

It was at least mildly engaging for Dantioch's side role, Kurze indulging his edgy 90s comic book villain urges, and the absolute lunacy that Vulkan's plotline has become.

I cannot stand how Sanguinius is not only barely in the book while being on the cover, but still isn't really a well-defined character for how important he's supposed to be.
>>
>>44379224

It goes retarded with too many plotlines, most of which are pointless, like the Loyalist Word Bearer or Matt Damon that ate up screentime that others should have had.
>>
>>44379254
>>the Loyalist Word Bearer

Yeah, was this guy ANYWHERE prior to this book? Or just spun out of nowhere for the sake of having a token loyalist from every traitor legion.
>>
>>44379271

He was also in Deathfire, and yet again went absolutely nowhere. Which isn't even the worst part of that fucking book.
>>
Can someone post a download link? BranStark has uploaded it yet.
>>
>>44379536

No he hasn't. If he had, there wouldn't be endless begging in this and the /HHG/ threads.
>>
>>44379271
In fairness he's not really loyal, he just misses the Imperial Herald, Thinks the Emprah is a God and want to kill Lorgar, but still really fucking hates the Ultrasmurfs. So a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>44379554
Hasnt*
I meant to say he hasn't uploaded it yet which is why I'm asking for a link.
>>
>>44377429
>Continuation of the pointless Ultramar sub-plot
>Excitement

No.
>>
>>44379165
Thorpe is just okay. Doesn't seem to have any fans or haters, he's just there...

Funny how he got Corax
>>
>>44379653
>End of the pointless sales pitch to Girlyman fanboys plotsink
>Story can now progress in a meanful direction

Yes please!
>>
>>44380194

>Meaningful Direction

As if. They're still 17 books away from Terra.
>>
>>44380194
>>End of the pointless sales pitch to Girlyman fanboys plotsink

Pls, real Ultramarine fans know that the Ultramarines were simply to far down in the galactic south to even her of the Heresy. The current shit show novel series has done literally nothing to appeal to anyone who likes Ultramarines.
>>
>>44377451
seconding this.
>>
>>44380509

People unironically like Ultramarines?
>>
>>44380688
Yup they're great.
So great that even people in real life have a vendetta against them because of how great they are.
>>
>>44380777

They literally got the shit kicked out of them by the Word Bearers though. 50,000 Word Bearers killed double that amount of Ultras in less then 12 hours.
>>
>>44380262
I am truly amazed at this.

When I started reading HH I thought the series was more or less finished, with a whooping 30+ books. But now that I've read all except the last 2, it feels like the series is barely halfway there...
>>
>>44380836

Money dear boy. We need to milk all the blood out of the stone.
>>
>>44380688
I like them, but I like all legions
>>
>>44380262
More meaningful than the Imperium Secundus blackhole. That was just a pointless nod to the Ultrasmurf fanboys to actually give their boring legion a role other than just hiding on the wrong side of the galaxy.

We now have the Wolves and Dark Angels (even if interestingly as it turns out, it's Luthor's rather than the Lion's Legion) in a position to ride in at the last mintue pushing Horus to launch his last minute gamble ala the established fluff.

Horus is ready for the big fight after Molech.

White Scars are riding for Terra.

The pieces are slowly starting to slide into place.
>>
>>44380807
>They literally got the shit kicked out of them by the Word Bearers though.

Are you even paying attention to the conversation?

see >>44380509 >The current shit show novel series has done literally nothing to appeal to anyone who likes Ultramarines.
>>
>>44380807
that had very little to do with the skill of the word bearers or ultramarines and everything to do with the word bearers launching a sneak attack on basically every port
>>
>>44380868
>That was just a pointless nod to the Ultrasmurf fanboys to actually give their boring legion a role other than just hiding on the wrong side of the galaxy.

It's not a nod at all.
It's a slap in the face.
All the Ultramarines have done so far is job, which is far worse than not doing anything at all.
>>
>>44380878

And the Novel series is the canon. And the current poster boys for Space Marines are Dark Angels. Ultras are being left in the dirt by GW. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on who you;re talking to. Me, I think Ultras are fine, but should have just as many defeats and flaws as everyone else. Them losing at Calth is not a big deal, they still win in the scouring.
>>
>>44380914
Awesome sneak attack counts as a skill though, I mean they did plan it and it toally worked, it wasn't just an accident so many ultracucks died
>>
>>44380868
>The pieces are slowly starting to slide into place.

The watchword here is slowly. Very slowly. As long as GW can make money from it, they'll squeeze every penny out of it. Expect them to finally reach Terra in 2020.
>>
>>44380927
>but should have just as many defeats and flaws as everyone else

But that's one of the thing that fan boys forget, they lack 'flaws' and defeats because they're designed to lack major character traits to make them easier and more appealing to beginners, they're the basic generic marines for people getting into it. But some people rather than going onto want more character (which often comes with downsides) see them as being flawless and perfect, rather than just lacking in depth.
>>
>>44380927
>And the Novel series is the canon.

Not relevant at all to the conversation.

>And the current poster boys for Space Marines are Dark Angels.

Not really though, they just had a push at the beginning of the edition.

>Them losing at Calth is not a big deal

Yes it is, since they have always won at Calth.
It's a change for no reason.
Ultramarines fans don't like to see the Ultramarines getting shit on.
Ultramarine haters don't likes the Ultramarines getting more lime light.
Those ambivalent to the Ultramarines just don't care.

It is a lose lose situation.
>>
>>44381010
Ultramarines have just as much depth as any other Chapter, to say otherwise just proves you do not care to look.
>>
>>44379165

The Unremembered Empire isn't Abnett's fault. He was told to clean up all the hanging plot threads. He had to handle Vulkan, Kurze, the spear, and all that other fucking shit in ONE BOOK.
>>
>>44380949
but the ultracucks that didn't die in the initial sneak attack killed more of the word bearers.

they needed help from the world eaters to bring home the win
>>
>>44377429
Is it me, or does anyone else have no idea what this story is about anymore?
>>
>>44381592
It's about war and the death of splendor.
>>
>>44381506
100,000 ultradicks died, the Word Bearers had sent less than that (most of the legion was supposedly still mustering when the attack began, they still had enough to wage the shadow crusade0 and those that were there and lost were judged disposable anyway since they're hatred of the ultracunts outweighed their tactical abilities, so it was an expected loss and a calculated one for the Word Bearers which they judged worth the price and a terrible loss for Girlyman, even he acknowledged it was a loss at the end of Know no fear
>>
>>44381631
I thought it was about milking this story for as many books as it possibly can get out of the most solid storyline 30-40k had...
>>
>>44381650
the word bearer had 2 x The Furious Abyss ships though, and the majority of the ultramarines losses were a product of space ports being destroyed.
>>
>>44381656
it can be many things to many people/accountants
>>
>>44381650
> paragraph full of redundant sperging
>They-y hated the ultras so much they were sent to die!

Christ, man, that's a shit argument
>>
>>44381678
>word bearer had 2 x The Furious Abyss ships though
not at Calth
>majority of the ultramarines losses were a product of space ports being destroyed
this somehow makes their deaths count less, they're still dead, if Lorgar had snuck into their barracks blocks at night and choked them to death with his golden wang it would still mean they had been killed by the Word Bearers.
>>
>>44381736
>this somehow makes their deaths count less

True. Because it can only be done once.
When it came to actual tests of martial skill the Ultramarines triumphed even when outnumbered.
>>
>>44381712
>They-y hated the ultras so much they were sent to die!

Actually it's a plot point made in Betrayer, I'm not sperging, this isn't my own opinions I'm just recounting the actual plot or conversations in the novels.
>>
>>44381759
But the objective was to cripple the legion and knock it out of the Horus Heresy in one blow, which it managed. The Ultrasmurfs proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the heresy.

The scouring is post heresy clean up.
>>
>>44377429
Wait, we're returning to the Unremembered Empire?

WHY!?
>>
>>44378137
The Tyranids ARE the Old Ones. Haven't you ever read classic sci-fi before? It's always the mysterious progenitor race coming back to annihilate the galaxy they created.
>>
>>44381814
>But the objective was to cripple the legion and knock it out of the Horus Heresy in one blow, which it managed.

It did not. The Ultramarines arrival forces Horus's hand and makes him drop his shield so that he has to confront he Emperor directly.

>The scouring is post heresy clean up.

Immediately so, the Ultras remained the most powerful Legion during the Heresy and after the Scouring.
>>
>>44381804

Pharos for all of you. Thank the anon.
>>
>>44381854
Actually in the original fluff it was the Dark Angels and the Space Wolves fleets racing to the rescue. The Ultramarines didn't even rate a mention in the Heresy.
>>
>>44381903
That's wrong though.
>>
>>44381903
I'm very much hoping that they stick with that given the set up with the Space Wolves fleet being refitted and joining up with Luthor's massive Dark Angels. But I suspect market forces will push the retcon.
>>
>>44381934
what the original fluff about a fiction event was wrong?
>>
>>44381952
No, you're wrong in what you say about the original fluff.
>>
>>44381967
I'm going by the original Horus Heresy board game book, what are you using?
>>
>>44381773
That's fucking retarded. Why am I not surprised this is the word bearers doing it?

>>44381903
> didn't rate a mention

Goddamn
>>
>>44381976
All fluff going back to Epic.
>>
>>44382007
Slaves to darkness just says Imperial fleet and doesn't even mention marine chapters coming to the rescue the Emperor just decides to teleport and does it. I don't have a copy of the old space marine to hand so can't double check and the original Horus Heresy board game just has Space wolves and Dark Angels. I figure it's proibably just the usual inconsistent fluff problem.
>>
>>44382007
This is from the original epic Adeptus Titanicus and basically mirrors what's in Slaves of Darkness (1988)

'And on the 55th day of the battle, the Traitor Legions and their Titan
allies reached the walls of the Inner Palace. Despite acts of insane
valor by the loyalists, victory was within Horus’ grasp. As the Outer
Palace was abandoned to the rebels, the Emperor acted. An elite
company of Adeptus Custodes and Imperial Fist Marines teleported
into the Warmaster’s command ship. They were lead by the Emperor
himself.
A brutal firefight ensued; the Emperor sustained terrible wounds and
Horus was killed. As word of the Warmaster’s death spread, the
Traitors paused, and then fell back to their transport barges. The
Emperor was carried from the Warmasters ship and placed in a
support bubble. In the confusion of victory and defeat however, the
Warmaster’s body was never found. The Sons of Horus Chapter has
fled the Palace to recover his body and flee into the warp, the signal
to all that the rebellion had failed.
The Traitors fled into the Eye of Terror, a collection of dustshrouded
hell-worlds battered by warpstorms and worse.'

Like I said, it's fairly loose and clearly the Imperium we know and love today, isn't fully formed in the imagination yet.

The original HH board game was 1993 and that was SW & DA.

>>44381860
Top stuff that man!
>>
File: horus_vs_emperor.jpg (45 KB, 606x481) Image search: [Google]
horus_vs_emperor.jpg
45 KB, 606x481
>>44382250
The board game was I believe actually the first publication to really build on the basic story and included the iconic drawing of Horus vs the Emperor and a short story of the fight. It was awesome back in the day.

This was then expanded with the fluff in the CSM codex which covered the siege of terra and added the awesome stories about how the Emperor's Children just took a hive and spent the rest of the siege just fucking up a storm and snorting cock made out of rendered down humans off each other's asses. Good times!
>>
Oof, that's unfortunate art choice.
>>
>>44382385
It was awesome in the early 90's, times have moved on.

Jesus I'm old now!
>>
>>44382007
This is from the board game 1993

'Now the final siege began. Through great breaches in the outer walls more and more armaments and reinforcements were brought to bear. The Warmaster himself prepared to teleport down to the surface and supervise the destruction of his former lord. Then a daemon from the Warp whispered to him the words that he had dreaded. A loyalist fleet under Leman Russ and Lion El'Johnson bearing a fresh army of Space Wolves and Dark Angels was only hours away. It would take days to break Humanity's last citadel, even with Horus leading his troops. It seemed that time had run out for the Warmaster, that his gamble had failed.'

So I think it's an overstatement to say ALL fluff going back to epic.
>>
>>44382385
McVey did a diorama based on it. It was so awesome that WD actually did like an 8 page article on the making of it showing how much work had gone into making it (bending a grey knight's leg, sculpting some hair, etc)

Fuck me but it just makes me think of one of those 'the old days weren't better' threads. But when I was a kid I though it was fucking amazing.
>>
>>44377429
Just how long is this series going to run? I'm sure this is nearing the longest war in human history now.
>>
>>44382411
>>44382583
I was referring to the OP's cover. my timing on the post was unfortunate.
>>
File: old-people-lie.png (2 MB, 1520x780) Image search: [Google]
old-people-lie.png
2 MB, 1520x780
>>44382640
Fair enough, the point's valid.
>>
>>44382691
not really.
the model on the right is bigger than a dreadnought. much easier to put detail into a fuckheug model when one is roughly as high as his leg.

The one on the left is immaculately done for its size.
>>
File: Tyranid eats guardsman.jpg (44 KB, 612x457) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid eats guardsman.jpg
44 KB, 612x457
>Far beyond the fringes of the galaxy there was naught but endless black. Past the last few stray stars plying their lonely track through the cold night, past the dead worlds and the fragments of galactic collisions billions of years gone, past the probes sent out by extinct races recorded in no history… past all that and beyond, there was a night sea studded with the diamond islands of distant, lonely galaxies. Though incomprehensibly vast, this sea was not empty. Great behemoths of the deep lurked there. Into the eternal blackness, a flash of quantum energy shone out at many times the speed of light; a brief flare, milliseconds in duration, projecting from an unremarkable spiral of stars. It was not missed. In the darkness, something of limitless hunger stirred in a slumber that had lasted for aeons. A million frozen and unblinking eyes saw the flash, tripping cascades of stimuli. Their purpose served, the eyes died. The entity processed the message the eyes provided without ever truly awakening. Automatically, instinctively, its gargantuan, dreaming mind analysed the signal, comparing it against all parameters for the one thing it sought. Prey. Slowly, glacially, the great devourer shifted its course.

Well. So much for the "Tyranids were fleeing something" theory. They were just chillaxing the entire time until Rowboat and Friends woke them up.
>>
File: IT4pA9J.jpg (439 KB, 1582x1566) Image search: [Google]
IT4pA9J.jpg
439 KB, 1582x1566
As someone who has always been completely ambivalent about Ultramarines: I have no problem with the Imperium Secundus plotline.

The smurfs were ALWAYS going to get some sort of push in HH sooner or later, because they're long-time posterboys for 40k, regardless of whether or not they've put different guys on cover art for more recent game books. Even if it weren't a matter of present-day merchandising, they'd feel the obligation, if nothing else, because they DO have huge fans who WOULD buy novels just to read about them. If anyone thought it was going to turn out otherwise: Sorry, your mistake.

The way they've worked out the Imperium Secundus thing, it's not a totally insensible plotline -- not at ALL, even, and it actually fits with the overall tone of the HH series, filling a specific niche: A story arc which involves political maneuvering that isn't outright malevolent, but still shady. There's the very distinct impression that of all the people that Guilliman is trying to get to believe he's making the right choice, the hardest one is himself. It's nice, seeing a character who's otherwise the golden boy getting to have a conflict that's actually somewhat human.

Not that earlier, it wasn't also fun to read about his biggest problem being the need to breathe in space long enough to run up and punch a conniving space-wizard in the face. God damn, Know No Fear was a treasure.

I don't love the Horus Heresy books without reservation. While the metaplot remains compelling and the scope phenomenal, with every new publication, you can practically hear the argument at Black Library: Actually progressing the plot because unlike 40k, this one DOES have a decisive conclusion, or just indefinitely spinning new threads because this series prints goddamn money.

More recent newsletters have stated outright that this series IS moving towards it's end, so maybe the better, less profit-minded argument is winning out.
>>
File: SdHkLRe.jpg (495 KB, 2560x1193) Image search: [Google]
SdHkLRe.jpg
495 KB, 2560x1193
>>44382250
>>44382473

I'm kinda glad I haven't been a fan for this long. I actually only got into 40k with the birth of /tg/ around the time only the first three HH books were published, so all the retcons they seem to have pulled here don't hit me hard.

Hell, I'm even fine with the whole Perpetuals thing. It's a goofy idea, but this setting is full of those. It's not hard sci-fi, but mythic-scaled fantasy in space, full of ludicrous contrivances to make it all work.
>>
>>44382877
Is it just me, or is the 'darkness' between galaxies the most terrifying thing in 40k?
>>
>>44382877

Extragalactic life confirmed
>>
>>44382877
Very nice little snippet of fluff. Thanks for posting it.
>>
>>44382927
Great post, totally agree
>>
>>44383113
I liked it too.

I kinda miss the Tyranids in HH. They're not exactly nuanced characters, but big doofy bugs have a certain pulpy charm.

Hopefully some Necrons show up and just hang out a bit before this whole thing is over.
>>
>>44382944
To be fair I see the perpetuals as fitting in with the original fluff for the sensei knights.
>>
>>44382877
They were sleeping? Are you sure this wasn't just Behemoth sleeping on the job, or the main hive fleet?
>>
>>44383239
The main hive fleet. Think of the Tyranids not as independent entities, but more as one star spanning super-organism guided by one mind and one will, with the synapse creatures acting as neurons and synapses commanding the cells of the Tyranid body into action.
>>
>>44383400
But why was it sleeping? Ran out of galaxies to eat, or did it need a break?
>>
>>44383456
I guessed that it was because it was using a slower than light travel to get to the Milky Way and stasis was the only way of surviving the trip. But that blurb Shas just posted made it sound more like it was observing multiple galaxies for signs of life and singled it out while it was still in deep space.
>>
>>44383456
Saving energy while traveling between galaxies.
>>
>>44383505
So if it was able to sense the beacon, does that sort of mean the Warp is in other galaxies?
>>44383518
I always picture the main hive fleet to be like kudzu on a galatic scale.
>>
>>44383544
>>So if it was able to sense the beacon, does that sort of mean the Warp is in other galaxies?

I don't see why not, but it might take on a radically different demeanor. The Warp is a phenomenon related to sapient life, and there's a ton of alien races in 40k, many of which sprung up independent of one another, though the ones in the spotlight share some ancestry relating to the "Old Ones".

It stands to reason that it'd come along elsewhere, too. The Warp there might be relatively calm, like it was when the Old Ones were around, or just as violent, if not more so.

Hell, it's even possible that violent Warp activity attracts Tyranid fleets specifically.

New theory: Tyranids are an autoimmune system to the Universe itself, devouring life responsible for harmful Warp/Realspace interaction.

It would explain the "Shadow in the Warp" phenomenon, too; rendering the empyrean inactive and less likely to interfere while they do their thing.
>>
>>44383875
Shadow in the warp already had a (as I understand it) canon explanation: nids use the warp to communicate, and communicate so much that the local warp is completely filled with back and forth chatter (like an Internet connection being consumed by a gorillion communiques). I do like your idea of nids as some sort of immune response on an intergalactic scale though.
>>
>>44382328
"snorting cock" funny. He said snorting cock.

https://youtu.be/sAneGta2ros
>>
>>44383937
Oh, right. Handy side effect of the Shadow, then.
>>
>>44383875
I see Nids as cosmic evolution. They have always existed since the beginning of time, eaten thousands of galaxies, and will continue to exist until the universe dies.
>>
>>44377429
It's HH and therefore makes horse shit look good by proxy. Who /bored/ here?
>>
>>44383937
>>nids use the warp to communicate, and communicate so much that the local warp is completely filled with back and forth chatter (like an Internet connection being consumed by a gorillion communiques)

I love this, because it makes it sound like the Tyranids are just a bunch of gigantic social media junkies just constantly flooding the Warp with tweets, selfies, and general shitposts everywhere they go.

I feel like this is touching on cultural commentary here.
>>
>>44384050
It's the Norm Queen arguing about how Nid evolution should go, if the Swarmlord should get his boneswords shorten, and just how easy it should be to kill a gaunt.
>>
Finished the book, and it was a solid 7.5 out of 10. It wasn't surprising, and wasn't particularly special, but it wasn't pants-on-head retarded either.
>>
>>44384224
>but it wasn't pants-on-head retarded either.
>Horus Heresy series novel
Hell has frozen over and it's an Emperor's Day miracle.
>>
>>44384301
Maybe if you stopped reading Kyme, McNeil, and Thorpe you'd enjoy it a lot more.
>>
>>44384301

It had one of the most interesting things I've read in a HH Novel, a Night Lords Planetary Invasion, complete with crucifying the entire population of a city.
>>
>>44379271
>>44379306

and then rowboat locks him and plans to kill him when he gets bored, hopefully Garro pops in and springs him out
>>
>>44384355

He escaped in Deathfire. If I recall (I can barely remember anything in that book save the really retarded shit) he has been picked up by Malcador as a Knight Errant.
>>
Where can I pirate the Audiobooks?
>>
>>44377429
This art style is so much better than that dogshit 3D art they've sported since the start of the series.
>>
>>44384672

The internal art is shit though. Every image is one from a FW Book.
>>
>>44384781
>internal art
Explain
>>
>>44381848
The Hive Mind is just the last Old One.
>>
>>44384807

You know the Hardback Editions have internal artwork? Well this one reuses the FW Character images of Dorn, Polux, Guilliman and Curze.
>>
>>44384672
Didn't they stop using that style as of...Legion, I want to say? It's all had sort of a photoreal-painted look since about that time. The first three books have the really cheesy-looking 3D art.
>>
>>44384920
See, this is why I wait for them all to come out in normal paperback format. Not even the deluxe size. As enjoyable as the story sometimes is, BL doesn't deserve an extra cent for those hacked-together "collector's" editions.

Only one of those I ever bought was for Talon of Horus, and then it was because 1. it was the first book 2. in a series about my favorite dudes (CSM) 3. by ADB, who alone was worthy.

And it's a neat collector piece, but never again.
>>
>>44383239
>They were sleeping?
What the fuck did you think they would do in the void between galaxies?Shit took them at least 10,000 to travel through
>>
>>44383091
>Long have we known of the Devourer. While the majority of the necron race slept away the aeons, his great majesty Szarekh, the Silent King, journeyed far and wide beyond the borders of this galaxy. Such unspeakable things did he witness as cannot be adequately articulated in our noble language, nor any other.

>The most dire of all these extragalactic enemies were the tyranids.

>For countless cycles he has sought to repel this threat. In his wisdom he has observed them, studied them and committed them to oblivion in all but the final, decisive deed. He has brought them to battle on a hundred worlds, ravaged their slumbering fleets out in the cold, measureless void, and even united the more fractious, warring dynasties so that our mutual interests might be protected.

-From "Word of the Silent King"

It was confirmed way before that novel in the Shield of Baal stories.
>>
Can anyone copy[asta the text relating to the device itself? It might shed some light on it's origin.
>>
>>44377429
Is that combi-weapon? The barrels are clearly different, but I can't tell what the furthest one is. If anything, I'd say it's another bolter.
>>
The epub is here:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>>
>>44387199
It's a master-crafted power fist with a combi-melta.
>>
>>44381814
you didn't read betrayer, did you?
>>
>>44387784
Yup, you don't understand strategy do you. The Ultras can fight all they want within ultramar without having any useful effect on the loyalist side. Also how does Girlyman trying to fight but being forced to withdraw disprove my point?
>>
Just finished Deathfire. I really enjoyed it (slighty bias as a massive Salamander/Vulkan fan). I'm a sucker for ships-stuck-in-the-warp-and-suffering-warp-dickery shenanigans!
>>
>>44379224
Vulkan's plotline was the only interesting part of the book.
>>
>>44388057
There was no interesting part of that book it could/should have been covered as an e-short story.
>>
>>44388089
I didn't say the quality of the entire book was good. Just that Vulkan's was the only worthwhile part (for me).

Hopefully now Deathfire is done, the next Salamander book will actually give Vulkan something awesome to do other than have beaten the shit out of Curze repeatedly.
>>
>>44381650
Carnac please literally kill yourself
>>
>>44382997
It's just a vacuum, the most terrifying thing is not the darkness, but what hides in it (i.e. tyranids and similar critters).
>>
>>44388258
They regarded each other a moment, before Argel Tal cracked the ghost of a smile. ‘Thousands of the Legion detested the Ultramarines. Lorgar ordered many of us to gather when we were already en route to Calth. I, and the others who would become commanders and apostles among the Vakrah Jal. He wanted our counsel on what to do with those among the Legion he no longer trusted. Our Legion culled its ranks in a trickle down the decades, but nothing like the Isstvan Atrocity that Angron is so proud of. Lorgar knew loyalty within the Word Bearers was never in doubt. Competence was a different matter.’...
>>
>>44388660
‘Lord Aurelian asked what we should do with the warriors he felt were no longer reliable. Those whose hatred burned brighter than their sense. Tens of thousands of them, Khârn. Whole companies. Whole Chapters. Their rage was no longer pure.’...
>>
>>44388670
‘You killed them?’
‘Not directly. We gave them the mission they craved. They sailed with Erebus and Kor Phaeron, to martyr themselves in glory.’
‘You can’t be serious,’ said Khârn.
‘As serious as the wasteland this world has become. Your Legion was purged on Isstvan III, brother. Mine was purged at Calth.’

-Betrayer
>>
File: eyes.png (161 KB, 973x170) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
161 KB, 973x170
>>44382877
the question remains though: who made phone?
>>
>>44380807
>a stab in the back, aided by daemons and arcane technology
>still fail to kill either Roboute or even the entire legion, just kick off the Ruinstorm
>lose all their force
yup, those shit Ultramarines, amirite?
>>
File: facts.jpg (917 KB, 1742x1673) Image search: [Google]
facts.jpg
917 KB, 1742x1673
Reading Scars atm, nearly done, what should I pick up next?
>>
>>44388677
How many Word Bearers were left after all was said and done?
Seems to me that they must have lost the most after all those purges and the general attrition of the war.
>>
>>44390150
Scars wraps up the Prospero plotline (for now), so if you haven't already read A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns, do that.

Otherwise, proceed on to Vengeful Spirit, as it comes right after it chronologically. It also continues the story of the The Outcast Dead, Angel Exterminatus, and the whole Garro/Loken audiobook series -- none of which I'd read personally, but just knowing the gist of them is fine: Loken survived Isstvan III, and is now working for Malcador along with other proto-Grey Knights.
>>
>>44390150
All those fucking short stories this year
>>
>>44390174
Plot replenishment
Like how Horus is angry they lost so many cleansing istavaan after the bombing then next novel it's lol dude we just sent the dregs
>>
>>44390174
>How many Word Bearers were left after all was said and done?

Not many. The greater part of the legion went to Calth, and not many made it out.
>>
File: 1377052188818.png (52 KB, 906x400) Image search: [Google]
1377052188818.png
52 KB, 906x400
>>44377429
Hmmm fists eh? I just cannot take those guys seriously at all.
>>
>>44392657

But can you take a Legion seriously that killed 10,000 of its own men because its Primarch had a temper tantrum over not getting the shiniest Legion?
>>
>>44382944
>>44382583
>>44382328
Duel of the Fates intensifies
>>
File: 1442763559148.jpg (50 KB, 450x511) Image search: [Google]
1442763559148.jpg
50 KB, 450x511
>>44392795
The decimation seems a bit much at first glance but there had to be reasons for it , perty was quite pragmatic doing what needs to be done even if he didn't want to.
>>
>>44393045
>but there had to be reasons for it

He was a spaz.
>>
>>44390174
>>44392025
The numbers at Calth are given as:

UM 185,923 out of around 200,000+ total legion Strength of which 100,000 die.

WB 50,000 plus a huge number of auxiliaries (but who gives a fuck about them) out of a total Legion Strength of 150,000+ with just about toal losses.

So that still leaves about 100,000 word bearers free booting around Ultramar, facing about the same Ultras.
>>
>>44379140
Aaron's books are the best one of the HH series.
I'm really hyped for this one.
>>
>>44393924
But Aaron DaddyIssues-Bowden is writing the ultimate father figure.
It's all gonna go horribly wrong.
>>
>>44393967
As someone who had a somewhat absent father I'm not complaining.
>>
File: 1434197514653.png (29 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1434197514653.png
29 KB, 650x500
>>44393967
That's why people are hyped for it. We gonna get some top tier daddy bantz,
>>
>>44379271
Vulkan lives I belive, but Im not 100% on that.
>>
>>44388051

Deathfire was complete shit. How can you like giant building mounted flamethrowers burning up the fucking Life Eater against all sense?
>>
>>44393884
Not to mention all of the legions continuing their recruitment throughout the entirety of the Heresy.
>>
>>44394038
Don't kid yourself. It's about a Sister of Silence and a Custodes fighting in the Webway. The Emperor will spend most of his time on the throne trying to seal the breach Magnus created.

Spoilers. The Sister of Silence will die fighting a Bloodthirster.
>>
>>44394323

Sister Celia I presume?
>>
File: Celia.jpg (185 KB, 897x421) Image search: [Google]
Celia.jpg
185 KB, 897x421
>>44394390
Yes.
>>
File: 1408236903035.jpg (7 KB, 197x233) Image search: [Google]
1408236903035.jpg
7 KB, 197x233
>>44393967

I know we all joke around about ADB giving his characters waifus but I'm seriously wondering if he's going to do the same for the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Can you imagine, the Emperor walking around with a black woman a quarter of his size, talking to him as an equal, maybe even have a pet name for him. She'll be the one who gives him the idea how to solve the Webway crisis... Wew lads, I'm getting dizzy thinking about it.
>>
Yeah some HH books are grat others are not. But what I dont like is the fact that now they are trying to explain everything, and leave nothing to imagination. Tyranids, gray knights, and whole lot of other things. Midichlorians all over again. It is only a matter of time before they make a book or two about missing primarchs.
>>
>>44394425
And don't forget the snarky guy who always mouths off to him!
>>
>>44394416

Nice Ass Cheeks. I hope ADB doesn't add those in.
>>
>>44394416
The Emperor is hanging around with his golden chair. Chilling while the poor girl is fighting a Khornate mace wielding Godzilla. The Emperor is a dick.
>>
>>44394444

I haven't been a huge fan of some of the hackneyed revelations that the Horus Heresy series has pulled out of their ass, but explaining the missing Legions would be fine by me.

The missing Legions only serve as creatively bankrupt fanwanking space. They exist only so that thirteen year olds can claim that their Space Marine army is actually a Lost Legion. I am sick of that and I am sick of these books dancing around the Lost Legions issue. They better goddamn explain it and there better be a damn good reason why even the Primarchs don't like talking to each other about it.
>>
>>44394323
There are actually several plot threads, including a Blood Angel member of the Crusader Host and the watchpack sent to guard Dorn, as well as several chapters from the POV of a servitor
>>
File: 1443492039031.png (52 KB, 836x721) Image search: [Google]
1443492039031.png
52 KB, 836x721
>>44394519
>POV of a servitor

That was funny in Scars, more books should do povs from people that aren't posthuman generals or super important figures.
>>
>>44394452
That would be Alivia Sureka who would reach Terra to inform the Emperor about what happened in Molech but not before delivering a swift kick to Malcador's balls.
>>
>>44394519

How do you know all this? I've never seen that the BA guy was in the Crusader Host. Is ADB Himself somewhere around? He surfs /tg/ from time to time.
>>
>>44394546

Malcador seems the only sane one there though. More sane then the Emperor.
>>
>>44394591
>Is ADB Himself somewhere around?

I hope so.

Go fuck yourself you hat wearing faggot.
>>
>>44394591
he mentioned it several times back in 2013 on B&C.
he just said it was a Blood Angel called Zephon, and we only found he was part of the Crusader Host when "The Purge" had a list of the crusader host
>>
>>44394626

Something he said on Bolter and Chainsword this morning does resonate with me. He said he hates the idea that it was the Pharos that brought the Tyranids to the galaxy.

To quote him,

>At one of the last meetings I was at, I pleaded with them not to do that, as part of the "Let's not subvert absolutely every fact in 40K" pitch. I knew they'd do it anyway (conservatism has no place at those meetings), but I wanted to register at least some opposition with the idea that not everything needs to be explained in the Heresy. Not everything in the setting needs to be attributed to something that happened 10,000 years before. There's continuity, and then there's "Actually, Darth Vader was the one to build C3-P0! And he was besties with R2-D2, too! And Yoda knew Chewbacca! And that cool bounty hunter Boba Fett is actually the template for all the Stormtroopers! And--" etc.
>I think the Great Devourer being drawn by the light of the Astronomican is a far, far darker, stronger, more thematic and appropriate idea - the vital salvation of Mankind is also its undoing; it's the Emperor's own beacon that's drawing darkness from another galaxy - than the Tyranids showing up in the galaxy just because a previously unknown artefact that has next to nothing to do with anything else in the galaxy once hiccuped during the Horus Heresy.
>>
File: 1430848720404.png (51 KB, 273x213) Image search: [Google]
1430848720404.png
51 KB, 273x213
>>44394683

fucking props to ADB on this one. Guy is right on the money.
>>
File: 1402416783120.png (729 KB, 811x393) Image search: [Google]
1402416783120.png
729 KB, 811x393
>>44394683

You know at this rate the fucking Tau are going to have some sort of connection to the Horus Heresy.
>>
File: Bel.png (4 MB, 1149x1494) Image search: [Google]
Bel.png
4 MB, 1149x1494
>>44394683
Damn it.

With that attitude I don't think he would be on board in writing Be'lakor as the creator of Abaddon in the Black Legion series. I really hope the editors strong arm him into it.
>>
>>44394757

I fully expect that in the next book set in the Galactic East, when we see the Imperial Ship that crashes in the moon of Tau.
>>
So straight from Laurie Golding from the forums- With Pharos the second act of the Heresy has ended, and "the Gauntlet" i.e. the road to terra- has started
>>
>>44394781

What forum?
>>
>>44394791
The First Expedition
>>
>>44394609
>"If John could see her now, he’d laugh in her face, calling her a hypocrite and a fraud. He’d be fully justified, but she’d still kick him in the balls for it and call him a coward."

All I know that there is someone called John who is going to call her out failing her duty to the Emperor because she developed empathy for humans. In response she will kick him in the balls.

Since we don't know Malcador first name and also she stated that she gives zero fucks about what Malcador thinks, I think Malcador is that John whose balls are gonna get kicked.
>>
>>44394683
>I think the Great Devourer being drawn by the light of the Astronomican is a far, far darker, stronger, more thematic and appropriate idea

But that's wrong, ADB. Only Leviathan was drawn to the Astronomican. The previous two had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>44394807

That's his own private fief isn't it? Never liked that place. Stinks of BL Shilling. Nothing but sycophancy there.
>>
>>44394767
ADB wrote the Black Legion supp.
That was the first place for Be'lakor to appear in 40k I think.
>>
>>44394822

John Grammaticus?
>>
>>44394826
He thinks it would be a better idea, he didn't say it was a fact.

Sheesh.
>>
File: 1405597838148.png (11 KB, 735x744) Image search: [Google]
1405597838148.png
11 KB, 735x744
>>44394842
>Be'lakor to appear in 40k

The worst...
>>
>>44394842
Correct me if I am wrong. But isn't the Sentinels of Terra supp older than the Black Legion supp? It mentions Be'lakor too.
>>
>>44394854
He says he's against changing shit, but wishes to change shit?
Hypocrisy!
>>
>>44394845
I don't see how she could have met him. She spent thousands of years on Molech long before that guy was born.

Though, she did meet Olly (Pious) at some point in the distant past.
>>
>>44394546
>>44394609
>>Alivia the waifu
>>Malcador with the witty banter
Well shit, looks like we got us an ADB book.

In fairness, though: At the very least, he seems to be improving, even though he still kinda does the stock character thing. Iskandar Kayon comes off fairly differently than Talos and Argel Tal, both of whom were the same sort of melancholy "okay, I guess we gotta be evil, sigh", whereas Iskandar is a pompous, self-assured goof that absolutely loves to hear himself talk and has no sense of remorse for who he is. He doesn't entirely lack the sentimentality (blatantly shown with him using the body and partial mind of his sister to create a machine spirit with a name that translates as "The Memorial"), but the framing device used in Talon of Horus helps paint a much different picture of him. I like him.

Lheor, however, is pretty much Xarl all over again.

Tangential thought: Dammit, there needs to be a book about Lotara Sarrin. Because I'm still holding out hope that she becomes a Daemon Princess of Khorne. Shit, there's even a precedent in Warhammer Fantasy. Only here, Sarrin could probably become like, an entire living battleship unto herself.
>>
>>44394879
No, Black Legion is older, though not by much.
It's likely Ward and ADB co-ordinated to bring Be'lakor to life in 40k.
>>
>>44394914

I think there's going to be a bad ending for her. She hasn't drunk the Chaos Coolaid yet, and I doubt she ever would. She seems too professional for that.
>>
>>44394868
What's wrong with Be'lakor?
>>
>>44394914
>Because I'm still holding out hope that she becomes a Daemon Princess of Khorne
I think she's going to meet her end when she defies a mad order by either Kharn or Angron and gets killed
>>
>>44394899
Most of the perpetuals know each other. Alivia was around since ancient Sumer or somewhere around then, and Oll was an Argonaut. She knows John Grammaticus. They all know the Emperor, or at least whoever he was before he became that.
>>
>>44394683
ADB, you're no so bad after all.
>>44394884
This. Why blame it on the Emperor when the birth scream of Slaanesh could have interested the Hive Mind?
>>
>>44394980

I feel that while sad, this is the most likely outcome. Hell, if Kharn kills her it would show his final descent into madness.
>>
>>44394980
Well, she's one of Angron's unabashed favorite people, which might carry over even after he transformed. And I can't remember if this actually happened in a story, but I recall reading somewhere about her finding out about the daemon prince, going, "the hell did you people bring onto my ship", but then being like "oh, okay" once it was sorted out.

>>44394947
>>She seems too professional for that.

So does Kharn, and look how that goes.
>>
>>44395026

She never went "oh, okay". She was bitching that the walls of her ship were turning into flesh and the water turning into blood.
>>
>>44379140
Will 'Master of Mankind' actually feature the Emperor as the central character or will it focus on a Custode? From what I remember about the Webway War it was the Emperor using his pysker powers to hold back the Chaos Gods while Custodes and Silent Sisters held off Deamons giving mechanicum workers enough time to fix the breaches in the webway.
>>
>>44395048
Well, I mean, she raises a valid point there.
>>
>>44395019
>Hell, if Kharn kills her it would show his final descent into madness.

I'd kill that cunt and I'm not mad at all.
>>
>>44395073

She even wanted to vent Angron into space as I recall.
>>
>>44395066
It's somewhere buried in his blog, but yes. He confirmed that Master of Mankind is flat-out about the Emperor, and he features as a central character.
>>
>>44394949
He needs work. He's the C'tan 2.0. Everything is apparently done by him. He was shoehorned into Abaddon's backstory, and he's the only Undivided Prince in both Warhammer settings. Lorgar and Perturabo will probably still be Undivided still I hope.

But the reason why some people on /tg/ have a bone to pick with him is his biggest fanboy keeps wanking to him. Greatest of all daemon princes but is able to be defeated by rock using Australian fauna living in Fantasy South America.
>>
Question: Is there a list somewhere of each Horus Heresy story, both novels and short ones, in complete chronological order, or at least as close to it as possible?
>>
ADB is pretty shit to be honest.
He's the guy who made the Emperor talk in all caps to make him sound impressive.
>>
>>44394884
the astronomican possibly being what's attracting the tyranids was the standard suggestion long before the introduction of pharos though.

I think he is against confirming pharos as the cause rather than leaving it as another obscure point of the fluff.
>>
>>44395169
>He's the guy who made the Emperor talk in all caps to make him sound impressive.
He did that one time back in an earlier novel before the HH series was a thing.
>>
>>44395166
I use this
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Tymell/the_horus_heresy_series__a_reading_guide/
>>
>>44395161
>Everything is apparently done by him.

Name five things he was behind, I'll throw in Shadowing Abaddon for one.

>he's the only Undivided Prince in both Warhammer settings.

That's GW removing undivided, it has little to do with Be'lakor. He just remains undivided because it's essential to his story.

>But the reason why some people on /tg/ have a bone to pick with him is his biggest fanboy keeps wanking to him.

So you don't like a character, because some guy trolls you with him? He can't even be a very prolific troll, because I haven't seen him.

>Greatest of all daemon princes but is able to be defeated by rock using Australian fauna living in Fantasy South America.

Lots of daemons get killed using primitive things.
>>
>>44395169

Wasn't that the guy in the 80s who did that super old book about Draco someone?
>>
>>44395261
Ian Watson.
>>
>>44394683
despite I don't think tyranids tracing back to pharos is not the worst offender of these types of changes, he's right on the greater scale.

it's really sad to think that "conservatism has no place at those meetings".
doubly so, looking back at fantasy.
>>
>>44395302

Yeah, he wrote the Emperor for the very first time, and that was in All Caps as I recall.
>>
>>44395305
I'd argue that it was conservatism that the End Times unfolded like they did; i.e. Chaos winning
>>
>>44395311
Emps was on the throne and ten thousand years of agony makes it hard to use your inside voice.
>>
File: file.png (522 KB, 596x452) Image search: [Google]
file.png
522 KB, 596x452
So this is the Horus Heresy 2016 calendar, with novels old and new.
So that would hopefully mean 5 new books for 2016
>>
>>44394757
>You know at this rate the fucking Tau are going to have some sort of connection to the Horus Heresy.

Read the "Forbidden Zone" page in FW's Horus Heresy Book 5. Explains why no human can go to the Tau worlds.

It's a magic virus introduced the same way the first 5 minutes of Prometheus starts.
>>
File: emperorwlegions.jpg (234 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
emperorwlegions.jpg
234 KB, 500x706
>>44395066
>>44395121
Found it.

Full quote, in response to a Q&A:

Question:

>>“Is The Master of Mankind about Horus? I heard you want to tie things into your Warmaster Chronicles?”

Answer:

>>Is that a real question? You’re asking if a novel called The Master of Mankind would be about Horus?

>>I want to hate you for that, but I’ve only got myself to blame by doing titles like The First Heretic and Betrayer – titles which apply to several characters in the novels they represent. So, okay, you win this round.

>>But, no.

>>Jesus, no.

>>It’d be about the Master of Mankind, as in the Emperor of Man. I mean, seriously, I’m trying to be obvious for once. The idea came from several chats with Alan Merrett, and this ancient piece of art, which is one of my fave 40K images of all time.

Pic as indicated.
>>
>>44395248
>Name five things he was behind, I'll throw in Shadowing Abaddon for one.
Want me to name a couple things from Fantasy?
1: Shadowed Archaon.
2: Possessed the man who raped Archaon's mother.
3: Is Archaon's father.
4: Helped push Archaon to Chaos.
>That's GW removing undivided, it has little to do with Be'lakor. He just remains undivided because it's essential to his story.
I never blamed him.
>So you don't like a character, because some guy trolls you with him? He can't even be a very prolific troll, because I haven't seen him.
I never said I hated Be'lakor.
>>
File: 1429480415113.jpg (338 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1429480415113.jpg
338 KB, 1024x576
>>44395377
>It’d be about the Master of Mankind, as in the Emperor of Man. I mean, seriously, I’m trying to be obvious for once. The idea came from several chats with Alan Merrett, and this ancient piece of art, which is one of my fave 40K images of all time
>Is that a real question? You’re asking if a novel called The Master of Mankind would be about Horus?
>mfw this idiot doesn't realize that the title Horus gets after he turns traitor is, indeed, Master of Mankind
>>
>>44395398

TRUE Master of Mankind. Never forget the True.
>>
>>44395377
I never would have guessed that was ADB's favorite 40k picture. I guess the Emperor's older look is better compared to his modern look.
>>
>>44395417

It does look more regal then the newer artwork for sure though.
>>
>>44395161
>. Greatest of all daemon princes but is able to be defeated by rock using Australian fauna living in Fantasy South America.

What does fantasy have to do with a 40K thread? Be'lakor in fantasy is power nerfed by Tzeentch and he couldn't get his real body back until very near the End Times.

Are you that traumatized by this character that you have to dig up his out of context defeat in ANOTHER setting? For shame.
>>
>>44395324
conservatism would have been not ending fantasy.

winning was not the only option though, to quote: "at best [chaos victory] can be infinitely delayed".
they did the wrong decision by choosing archaon's first steps would have been the last of the world.
why couldn't the first invasions of archaon be just preparative efforts for the grand finale? he'd still be the 13th everchosen and the victory of chaos and the end times could still be kept as the seemengly inevitable outcome for the purpose of setting.

as the creator of archaon himself said, the end times were a business decision, not a creative one.

they ended fantasy so that they could use its corpse for something different, to put it blantantly.
>>
>>44395397
>Want me to name a couple things from Fantasy?

Not really, this is 40km talk.
Also all your points amount to
>Shadowed Archaon
>>
File: 1433820786556.jpg (254 KB, 1090x1600) Image search: [Google]
1433820786556.jpg
254 KB, 1090x1600
>>44395426
I'm too used to his modern look, but the older one is growing on me. I still to this day don't understand the faces on his armor though.
>>
>>44395355
I hope you're kidding.
>>
>>44395443
>why couldn't the first invasions of archaon be just preparative efforts for the grand finale? he'd still be the 13th everchosen and the victory of chaos and the end times could still be kept as the seemengly inevitable outcome for the purpose of setting.

There is a guy named Abaddon. His reputation suffered because of this bullcrap. People are not interested in the detail. They will see Archaon launching invasions and in their eyes they will his invasions as defeats. Then he will get mocked and become a joke in the fandom.

I am glad Archaon just went up and blew the world.
>>
>>44395355
Post the page. You can't just tease like that.
>>
>>44395466
They look cool.
>>
File: Page22.jpg (3 MB, 2595x3601) Image search: [Google]
Page22.jpg
3 MB, 2595x3601
>>44395481
>>
File: Graham-Crackers.jpg (4 MB, 3680x2640) Image search: [Google]
Graham-Crackers.jpg
4 MB, 3680x2640
>>44395397
>>
>>44394914
people unironically like Lotara?

phew, wonder how it's possible to complain about ADB and gobble up his shittiest character
>>
>>44395466
Could represent his origins as a combination of different people.
>>
>>44395469
ironic depiction of characters=/=actual opinion of the fluff

having the character appear multiple times of course it's going to make him look like a cartoon villain, that's why you need to do it carefully or not to do it.
GW chose the easy way and destroyed everything.

is archaon better for it? maybe; the rest of setting remains devastated, though.
>>
File: He's dead, but not out.jpg (434 KB, 804x1000) Image search: [Google]
He's dead, but not out.jpg
434 KB, 804x1000
>>44395491
I'm going to go with >>44395512
But who's helmet is this? Big E never wore a helmet.
>>
>>44395540
>ironic depiction of characters=/=actual opinion of the fluff

It ain't ironic. It's an actual opinion many of the fanbase hold stubbornly to the point GW are now making efforts to fix Abaddon's rep in the fandom.

Multiple invasions will not work, especially for a BBEG. It will only make him appear weak and useless.

To me Archaon character and menace were more important than the stagnant setting. So screw it. Also the fantasy fandom deserved a kick in the balls.
>>
>>44395542
sigismund's maybe?
First Emperor's champion and all that
>>
>>44395499
Very interesting and spooky.

Thanks.
>>
>>44395627
Sigismund's is in the style of a Knight's helmet.

Did Mark 7 armour even exist before the Emperor fell?
>>
File: 1403120768131.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1403120768131.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>44395443

Where the hell can I read what the creator of Archaon thinks about the End Times?
>>
>>44395678
His facebook page.
>>
>>44395654
>Did Mark 7 armour even exist before the Emperor fell?

Yup.
The Loyal Legions on Terra got it.
>>
File: the faggotry! it burns!.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
the faggotry! it burns!.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2000
>>44395623
>no, the jokes are serious
>it's the fans who are wrong
>I only cared about archaon anyway
you, your opinion and your waifu a wrong shit, carnac.
>>
File: 1441599234651.jpg (98 KB, 1028x978) Image search: [Google]
1441599234651.jpg
98 KB, 1028x978
>>44395692

Um... what's his name...
>>
>>44395623
>To me Archaon character and menace were more important than the stagnant setting
wow
>>
>>44395499
So if im reading this correct there was a guy that was spreading that plague?
And how is it related to Tau?
>>
>>44395818

The Tau words were in the centre of that quarantine zone.
>>
>>44395542
Might have belonged to one of those many skulls ya know. The real question is why so many skulls and who use to use them?
>>
>>44395818
>And how is it related to Tau?
seconding, how do we know these worlds comprise the planet t'au too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.