[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fishlike sirens >furry kobolds, either reptilian or mammalian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
>fishlike sirens
>furry kobolds, either reptilian or mammalian
>snake or lionlike lamia
>archer gorgon; gorgons with the lower body of a snake
>female angels
>female centaurs and satyrs

why is so hard for people to do some research instead of perpetuating misconceptions?
>>
Why is it so hard for OPs to not be faggots?
>>
>>44377115
It's in their blood.
>>
But without Archer Gorgon, what Myth Unit would Hera give you? She's already a poor second to Hephestaus with the Plenty Vault and Colossus.
>>
They did it on purpose just so you could show off your impressive knowledge of ancient mythology to 4chan.
>>
File: same face.jpg (49 KB, 550x252) Image search: [Google]
same face.jpg
49 KB, 550x252
>>44377084

the bigger question is how do you form a civilisation of Gorgons when there's only three of them, like is it an officer jenny/nurse joy type of thing where it's the same person wearing lots of different hats?
>>
>>44377084
why is it so hard for people not to care about things that don't exist and therefore have an open-to-interpretation representation on a fantasy setting designed for people to play a glorified game of pretend?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>44377084

My setting, my universe, my rules. Don't like it? There's the door, autist.
>>
>>44377084
The existence of all of those is a misconception.
>>
>>44377084
You can't have misconceptions about things that aren't real. What you have a problem with is representations that don't fit your favourite image of the source.
>>
>>44377084
>female centaurs
>what are kentaurides
Step it up, OP.
>>
>>44377084
The Greeks and other ancients were shit at worldbuilding, so we improved 9n their work.

Also, don't talk shit about my Lizard'bolds.
>>
>>44377084
Why wouldn't there be female Centaurs? How do they breed then, silly?
>>
>>44377084
Because they aren't misconceptions, they're new creatures with an old name.
>>
>>44377999
Rape
>>
File: GiorcesBardo55.jpg (4 MB, 2365x1853) Image search: [Google]
GiorcesBardo55.jpg
4 MB, 2365x1853
Kentaurides, people.

The Greek rhetorician Philostratus the Elder gives a brief description of Kentaurides:
"How beautiful the Centaurides are, even where they are horses; for some grow out of white mares, others are attached to chestnut mares, and the coats of others are dappled, but they glisten like those of horses that are well cared for. There is also a white female Centaur that grows out of a black mare, and the very opposition of the colours helps to produce the united beauty of the whole."
>>
>>44377165
I like you. AoM was one of the first games I ever played.
>>
There's nothing inherently wrong with animal-based characters. But how bad is the stigma around them? Is it ever worth trying to play as one or will people just assume you're a magical-realming That Guy?
>>
>>44380470
Depends.

Are you playing with real people, or /tg/ stereotypes?
>>
>>44380470
Shit, I thought you were talking about the mythological origins of beast-characters.

I'm with everyone else, making shit up is what we do.
>>
File: Centaur-Charge.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1164) Image search: [Google]
Centaur-Charge.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1164
>>44378484
>You will never be a Centaur
>You will never get to rape and pillage with your bros
>You will never bully those Chiron wannabe nerds
>You will never return home to a harem of qt3.14 kentauride waifus
>They'll never treat you like you were a saint despite your warcrimes

Shame.
>>
>>44377330
Uh... the officer jenny/nurse joy situation was that every jenny/joy was a different person that was part of the same family
>>
>>44380686
>You will never be a Centaur
>You will never have to eat twice as much to maintain your bizarre physiology
>You will never break your leg and either be crippled for life or euthanized
>You will never start hitting on a qt3.14 kentauride only for her to turn around and you realize she's just a horse
>You will never have to use a telescoping device with mirror attachment for wiping your own ass

Feelsgood
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.