[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How overpowered is Callidus polymorphine? Can it turn them into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: Callidus_Updated.jpg (391 KB, 668x1212) Image search: [Google]
Callidus_Updated.jpg
391 KB, 668x1212
How overpowered is Callidus polymorphine? Can it turn them into an alien or non-humanoid?

Are the c'tan phase blades actually derived from c'tan weapons or are they reverse engineered from necron tech? And if so, why wasn't it condemned as xenotech?

Can you play a Callidus in any of the FFG 40K RPGs?
>>
>>44376449
In Ian Watson's book, (not sure how cannon that is, seeing it was trying to advance 40k's plot) one of the calliduses recieved a cutting-edge surgery, so she could turn into a genestealer. She became unable to turn into anything else, which hit her hard. However before that she could took the form of an Eldar, so I am guessing any humanoid goes, as long as it doesn't diverge in mass (read: no marines)
>>
>>44377053

She couldn't make the upper claw arms, she had to impersonate a damaged one with just the human lower set.

There's an old john blanche picture of her in the original printing of Inquisitor, but I can't find it.
>>
File: 1446415108933.jpg (226 KB, 1024x1558) Image search: [Google]
1446415108933.jpg
226 KB, 1024x1558
>>44376449

One attempts to kill Shadowsun impersonating an Ethereal. She figures out that something is wrong because "he" doesn't have the scent or presence.
>>
>>44376449
>Can it turn them into an alien or non-humanoid?
It's explicitly said they can in the assassin dataslate.

Redemption Corps features a callidus acting as the Mad Dok in an Ork Hybrid Waagh.

>>44377053
They mention that in the dataslate. It's still canon.
>>
>>44377053

She's worried that her defecation will give her away, because Ian Watson is strangely and suspiciously specific about detailing characters toilet habits.
>>
>>44377512
Are implying something?

Tau have a better sense of smell than humans. Their olfactory organs are located in roof of their mouths. They pick up the smell with their tongues and rub it on the roofs of their mouths. You know, like snakes.

That Ethereal tasted funny. What does polymorphine taste like?
>>
>>44377569

Both feces and brood telepathy would give a callidus away in modern 40k.
>>
>>44377512

It still seems unlikely she managed to kill the callidus in single combat
>>
>>44376449

How does she breathe in that? How does her skin breathe?
>>
>>44377447
I don't think it was damage. I'm pretty sure she was taking the form of a hybrid to infiltrate that cult. Only full genestealers have four arms.
>>
>>44380894

She was not copying a purestrain no.
>>
>>44377512

Can't outwit a blueberry
>>
>>44377539
Lest we forget
>everything is canon
>>
>>44377570
>What does polymorphine taste like?
Like chloroform.
>>
File: Asaid-Virenus.jpg (1 MB, 2478x1754) Image search: [Google]
Asaid-Virenus.jpg
1 MB, 2478x1754
>>44376449
>How overpowered is Callidus polymorphine?

Not as overpowered as HYPERpolymorphine which showed up in the Inquisitor RPG fluff, pic related:

>The hyperpolymorphine grants Asaid almost superhuman abilities, coupled with her training and iron discipline. Not only is she able to imitate others almost perfectly, including altering her vocal cords and internal organs to match her subject, but it also makes her able to infiltrate places inaccessible to normal humans. In pipes barely a foot wide she can sneak into the heart of her target's chambers, while she can push her unnatural body through grilles and tiny windows to reach her mark.

That aside, as said earlier, transforming into aliens is very doable but requires additional implants.

>Are the c'tan phase blades actually derived from c'tan weapons or are they reverse engineered from necron tech?

Originally, they were among the advanced technology found on "one of the long dead worlds of the C'tan" - this was before the C'tan and Necrons were linked together. Later-to-current fluff mentions that they were "recovered by members of the Deathwatch from a long-dead Necrontyr world", and the Oldcron codex included a Tomb Raid scenario which suggested a C'tan phase sword as a possible objective for the attacker to steal.

From the way they were described, Oldcron warscythes were actually heavier versions of the C'tan phase blade. Both weapons, along with the C'tan themselves, shared the ability to ignore invulnerable saves. Warscythes were made out of the same living metal as Necron ships and the C'tan's necrodermis; in-game, a C'tan hit by a phase blade would absorb the weapon into its necrodermis with no harm done. There were two fluff instances of a C'tan disarming a phase blade wielder in this manner, and in another case even absorbing a Necron Lord's warscythe in exactly the same way.

>And if so, why wasn't it condemned as xenotech?

Hereticality of using alien gear depends on how important you are.
>>
>>44380306
Shadowsun is the most Mary Sue Tau in history, more so than Farsight. Farsight actually had development and, while being exceptional talented, still lost hundreds of troops against the Orks and it hit him hard mentally

As for Shadowsun? She literally couldn't give a fuck.

One novel goes like this

>Her flagship is one shotted by a giant space laser, Water Caste force her into an escape pod and shoot her down to the planet
>Her pod survives all the incoming fire and shit
>A giant Bear-sloth beast sees the pod and attacks it
>Damages the pod and the pod fills with water
>She not only is injured, but it specifically mentions Tau can barely swim and have a lower lung capacity than humans
>she not only convinces her AI to let her out of the pod, completely circumventing it's protection protocols, but then is able to swim from the bottom of the river to the surface
>she then strips naked and dives back down to the pod, spends at least double the amount of time down there and manages to get her suit out
>the suit somehow doesn't short or fuck up
>she then manages to contact a crashed Manta with it's FW's and force marches several hours, no jetpack, to the crash site
>she arrives she enters a fight, solo's 4 or 5 Sentinels and about a score of IG
>she then captures an IG officer
>she then strips, again, in front of everybody
>she then learns her sisters are dead
>she and the rest then march to the location of the radar thing
>this is literally days, she doesn't eat or sleep in this period
>she then survives an attack by 4 Valkyries,
>Her platoon then gets attacked by leech snake things in CQC and she survives, like 1/2 of her FW's die
>then the bear-sloth appears again and kills the rest of them
>she, IG and 11 year old tau survive
>then attacked by 40 Stormtroopers, Colonel and Valkyrie
>1v1's Colonel, gets cut to the bone on her leg, then stabbed through the chest
>able to stay alive then kill all 40, Colonel and Valkyrie on her own
>>
>>44385354
I would normally just brush it off as just bad Black Library authors, but literally every time Shadowsun appears she is like that.

At least we still have farsight who could fall to chaos and go full HH which would be neat if the end times ever happened in 40k.
>>
>>44385354
As far as I'm concerned she's just a propaganda device used by the Tau to try and scare the Imperium's soldiers.
>She totally dueled and killed hundreds of your superior Astartes, Gue'la!
>Yield to the Greater Good or face her in combat!
>We mean it!
>>
>>44385477
In the campaign book, which is usually way more conservative on power levels outside of major time-line events (which exist for that kind of dick measuring) she got stabbed in the chest by the Calldius.

Again.

How many times does she need to be stabbed in the chest to fucking die?

>>44385529
Nah, they'd never admit Astartes are superior at all. Also, I remember He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named basically went, when told that the Tau thought they killed the Space Marine Monarch was "n-n-no they didn't it was a lie!" yet in the next book it repeated it. It wasn't just propaganda, they literally thought the Raven Guard CM was the best Space Marine ever.
>>
>>44376449

>TFW no Callidus GF
>>
>>44377539
>Can it turn them into an alien
>It's explicitly said they can in the assassin dataslate.
So you can use it to fuck xenos while not technically committing heresy ?
>>
>>44385354
I read the novel I can confirm that anon is lying and exaggerating

For example this.

>she then strips, again, in front of everybody

She does not strip in front of everybody. The fire warriors turn their backs and create a body wall to cover Shadowsun while she removes her cloths and get her suit.

She is not a slut.
>>
>>44386245
>shadowsun internet defense force
>>
>>44386214
Sure, but first you need to convince the high lords to deploy an assassin to your bedchambers.
>>
File: Calgar alliance.png (15 KB, 541x185) Image search: [Google]
Calgar alliance.png
15 KB, 541x185
>>44385678
>Nah, they'd never admit Astartes are superior at all. Also, I remember He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named basically went, when told that the Tau thought they killed the Space Marine Monarch was "n-n-no they didn't it was a lie!" yet in the next book it repeated it. It wasn't just propaganda, they literally thought the Raven Guard CM was the best Space Marine ever.

Hey, idiota. The whole thing about the Monarch King was a propaganda lie by the water caste. The Tau commanders and even some of the Tau populace as it was underlined in the book know full well that it wasn't the king of the marines.

After all, the Tau have fought against chapter masters before like Calgar and Logan who are more kingly than that hobo.
>>
>>44386259
>shadowsun

His IDFing is a bit broader than that.
>>
>>44386259
>Lying piece of shit who just wants to fling shit and act outraged
>>
>>44385678
>How many times does she need to be stabbed in the chest to fucking die?

Maybe they should stop stabbing her in the scar left by the previous stabbing.
>>
File: Pre2.png (136 KB, 649x331) Image search: [Google]
Pre2.png
136 KB, 649x331
>>44386288
What do you get from this grossly lying like that assuming that you are that anon?

And what the marines being superior? In fighting abilities they are in some aspects, But in tactics and strategy? No. A Tau sergeant who can't be be more than 30 is as adept as a Marine captain.

Shadowsun and Farsight are on a whol different league.
>>
What's to say Shadowsun isn't a callidus?
>>
File: Hunter and Prey.png (6 MB, 3072x1040) Image search: [Google]
Hunter and Prey.png
6 MB, 3072x1040
>>44386347
The sergeant won the battle by the way. The Ethereal was secured and evac'ed.

The Shadow Captain was left raging.
>>
>>44386294
>infront of everybody doesn't mean infront of everybody because they had their backs turned

Okay, here's your (You)
>>
>>44386382
Anon, was clearly implying that she stripped in front the eyes of her mind like a slut. Why else mention such a trivial thing?

Anon is a sexist. Period.
>>
>>44386396
I didn't take it as implying that she was a slut. I took it as meaning she is so pompous that she didn't care who was present, adding to her air of superiority.
>>
>>44386432
She was injured, wet, and cold. Where else would she remove her cloths? In the burning wreckage of their ship? The Imperial and monster infested jungle? Or would she remove her wet body suit in the safety of the group of her own fire warriors.

If she was a male Tau would that anon even raised that trivial thing? I doubt. I really doubt it.
>>
>>44386381
I hate this campaign. 580 pts sm vs 495 pts of shittiest tau units. That's isn't fair.
>>
File: 1448649773347.jpg (95 KB, 330x306) Image search: [Google]
1448649773347.jpg
95 KB, 330x306
I'm still waiting for Rule34 on Callidus vs Shadowsun.
>>
>>44386958
Don't we all?
>>
>>44380824
That is her skin now.
>>
File: CanonBlueberry.jpg (36 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
CanonBlueberry.jpg
36 KB, 600x620
>>44386958
>>
File: 1445873451851.png (3 MB, 840x1964) Image search: [Google]
1445873451851.png
3 MB, 840x1964
>>44387794

Silly anon. That one is not Shadowsun.
>>
>>44387794
>:<
>>
>>44376449
>Can you play a Callidus in any of the FFG 40K RPGs?

Nope, but you can get polymorphine in higher levels of Dark heresy and in Rogue Trader
>>
>>44390002
How do you use it without training? I recall reading how assassins have to focus on every organ and structure so they don't turn into goop while their bodies are morphing.
>>
Anon you could be a Callidus RIGHT THIS MOMENT
>>
>>44390777
>How do you use it without training?

You get training.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.