[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any RPGs that let me play as a high powered occultist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1450721043799.jpg (183 KB, 774x643) Image search: [Google]
1450721043799.jpg
183 KB, 774x643
Are there any RPGs that let me play as a high powered occultist like Yakub?
>>
>>44376246
What assclownery am I looking at?

I can't tell if it's background material fora a straight comedy game or badly done parody.
>>
File: 1450719101640.png (165 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
1450719101640.png
165 KB, 402x600
>>44376447
The Yakub thing was made up by The Nation of Islam, as the supposed created of white people 6000 years ago.
>>
>>44376460
Bronze age people had access to genetic engineering.

Again I have to ask.

Wat?
>>
>>44376493
Nation if Islam. Think of it like a really racist scientology for black people.
>>
>>44376493
Via basic eugenics and forced breeding practices.
>>
>>44376534
So why is all the bullshit dependant on wordplay in English rather than Arabic?
>>
>>44376570
Probably the theory was formulated completely via tumblr posts
>>
Thats a strange character sheet op, but if you'd like we'd be alright with homebrewing it in as long as you don't powergame with it.
>>
>>44376570
Because it's from an unrelated science fiction series called the Shaver Mysteries.

Again. Scientology for black racists.
>>
>>44376570
As it turns out, black idiots are just as dumb as white idiots.
>>
>>44376570
The religion was founded in Detroit.
>>
>>44376570
It's a form of Scientology that was formed just a decade or two before Scientology.
>>
>>44376594
But with the aggravating that they're black.
>>
...This is because Spirit Science came out with a new video isn't it...

I only keep track of that show because of how hilarious his made-up theology is.

I enjoy any sort of mythology no matter how batshit (or I guess 'theology' of religions)

Which in reality are the same goddamn thing just enforced by whoever is in charge.
>>
>>44376246
>BOY YOU GOD
Every fucking time.

>>44376691
>new spirit science video
Sweet, I really love Spirit Science. I don't even regret watching that dumb fucking movie they put out.
>>
>>44376691
No. It's older than the internet.

This is piggybacking on We Wuz Kingz meme.
>>
>>44376460
So it's like if the entire religion got together to make OC donut-steel?
>>
>>44376742
I find New Age stuff interesting.

I feel like I could make up a bunch shit about auras, colors, meditation, chakras and all sorts of things and they'd have to take it with a straight face.

It's like roleplaying a religion!
>>
>>44376691
>New Spirit Science video on Yakub
That doesn't sound too bad. Say what you want about Spirit Science, but those videos are fun to watch. Sadly that stuff probably wouldn't fit too well in a campaign.
>>
>>44376774
Well its not about Yakub, it's about the Moon but I'm sure they'll get to this eventually.

Those guys like to be eclectic as fuck.
>>
>>44376793

Who's the three eyed guy with the half dreads in the video?
>>
>>44376774
>Say what you want about Spirit Science, but those videos are fun to watch.
I liked the part where he portrayed higher-dimensional cosmic being as the Justice League.
>>
>>44376774

They're a great well of campaign ideas.

You could easily run a whole campaign as the Ascended Masters.
>>
Unknown Armies can be prettymuch this.
>>
>>44376774
>. Sadly that stuff probably wouldn't fit too well in a campaign.
Yes, I too am sad you're not running Mage: The Awakening.
>>
>>44378929
I love the idea behind Mage. I wish someone I knew would run it. Sons of Ether are god-tier.

"Well *urp* Morty, sometimes Science is more art then science."
>>
>>44379240
Sons of Ether are Mage: The Ascension and WoD, but yes they're nice. Sons of Ether < Void Engineers.

>"Well *urp* Morty, sometimes Science is more art then science."
R&M feels like a Genius: The Transgression story.
>>
>>44379295
True, but I like the concepts behind Mage better. Consensus reality, the technocracy, atlantis, all that shit [I'd mix and match from the two Mages if I ever ran or played].

Also dig the Order of Hermes. Something about me loves the idea of someone Merlinning it up in the modern day.

But nothing beats Son of Ether. Because I can play off people's ignorance to do magic right in front of them through technobabble.

>Mix water and food coloring.

"Drink this, its dihydrogen monoxide. It'll cure your fever. Slight chance of increased strength too, that should wear off after a few hours."
>>
File: 1445388085926.jpg (113 KB, 500x675) Image search: [Google]
1445388085926.jpg
113 KB, 500x675
>>44376593
>science fiction series called the Shaver Mysteries

You might toss it in the trash can, but I REMEMBER LEMURIA!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.