[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it feel like when someone casts raise dead on you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1136x640
What does it feel like when someone casts raise dead on you?
>>
>>44375822
Like dying, but you get better instead of worse at the end.
>>
>>44375822
Holy god aided raise dead or necromancy raise dead?

cleric spell: Feels like sitting next to a warm fireplace sipping a cup of hot cacoa in a warm blanket as you get an corporeal body.

Necromancy: Wherever you are, in hell as a worm or your gods heaven, it feels like your body is being raped.
>>
>>44375822
Well, like they said, it depends entirely on the spell used.
Going with general Raise Dead and sort of average for these sorts of spells...

Have you ever just gotten to sleep after a long day and after maybe an hour of sleep, someone wakes you up and you have to get up an out of bed?
That horrible groggy feeling? Multiply that by about a hundred.
>>
File: DOTS.png (266 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DOTS.png
266 KB, 400x300
>>44375822
Maybe you should ask one of the people who have been magically resurrected in real life.
They'll give you a single correct answer that doesn't come directly from an author's imagination!
>>
File: 1451069434513.jpg (169 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1451069434513.jpg
169 KB, 1136x640
>>44375822
Yeah, this deserves a Throg version.
>>
>>44376173
To represent the negative level, that makes sense. I ask because I saw a thread here which says you got details about the person trying to raise you. I couldn't find that in the book
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 350x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 350x562
>>44376196
>>
>>44376196
It's ironic, because the OP is calling for people to use their imagination, and instead you're being a smartass cuckold. Enjoy Christmas alone you poor thing.
>>
>>44376225
Such fake shit. This makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
>>
>>44376277
>dies
>is brought back to life
>frames experience through religious lens
>fake
Subjective reality isn't fake friendo
>>
>>44376225
Kids that age could tell me dragons are real too.
>>
>>44375822
You're having a well-deserved sleep after a long day of work, and some faggot comes rapping on your door, yelling at you to wake the fuck up.

You're tired as fuck and would like nothing so much as to crawl beneath the covers and stay there forever, but you decide to get up because goddammit there's always still work to be done.
>>
>>44376313
>muh postmodernism
Not every objectively wrong misinterpretation of events has value, anon.
>>
>>44376210
Ah. I could see that happening, but again, depends on the setting.
Sounds a bit like the old "you can't resurrect someone against their will" thing.
>Anon wishes to call you back to the mortal world, do you accept the charge?

I imagine it's a bit like how a wizard with powerful magery would know what spell was being cast on him and it could work like that, or with the vague ability for spirits to be aware of things that mortals are not.
Of course, I would rule that any knowledge would probably be lost to the conscious mind upon raising.
>>
File: 1381178893806.png (22 KB, 334x370) Image search: [Google]
1381178893806.png
22 KB, 334x370
>>44376205
Fuck you.
>>
>>44376389
I'm not being a postmodernist. The poster sarcastically said to ask the many people who have come back from beyond death, but with modern science near death experiences are more common than ever.
>>
>>44376389
not fake =/= has value
Take the time to read before posting anon.
Merry Christmas.
>>
>>44376405
How much detail would the resurrectee know? Name? Race? Class? Relative level? Alignment? History?
>>
>>44376225
>>44376277
>>44376313
That's what happens when a kid has a near death experience and receives a huge dose of DMT.
>>
>>44376419
A near death experience is pretty far from coming back from beyond death.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 240x155) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 240x155
>>44376277
>people with religious beliefs are pretending
>>mfw this is what secularists actually believe
>>
>>44375822
>die
>gets brought back from heaven
>"oh shit, I'm black again!"
>>
>>44376465
If not a powerful wizard or similar ability to divine such information, I imagine it would just be a general sense of the person.
Nothing Counselor Troi couldn't tell you after meeting the guy.
Evil mage would come across as a malign presence full of magic whereas a Paladin would come across with a sense of divine light and order.
Or some such.
>>
File: 535px-SpiritofRedemptionTCG[1].jpg (41 KB, 535x599) Image search: [Google]
535px-SpiritofRedemptionTCG[1].jpg
41 KB, 535x599
>>44375822
>What does it feel like when someone casts raise dead on you?

You get resurrection sickness since people aren't meant to be brought back from the dead.

Resurrection sickness has the following symptoms and conditions:
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety, Suicidal Tendencies, Fever, and Intense Hunger to name just a few symptoms.

Compared to being Alive; being dead is the most blissfully satisfying and comfortable thing that can ever happen to you once you've experienced and many people have pretty hard withdrawal from being pulled out from the other side- even willingly.
Most people don't realize how amazing being dead is until they've been brought back to life and they can feel every single little discomfort in life because they finally have a standard to compare things to.

Babies cry because they're not used to being alive and so far it's the worst thing that has ever happened to them.
People who are resurrected feel fucking horrible because they've been reminded of what it felt like to not physically exist and they long for it.

This is of course a design feature as Death longs for the companionship of every soul and specifically invented the afterlife to keep herself and her company eternally satisfied and comfortable.
>>
>>44376791
Also imagine phantom pain.

But your whole body.
>>
>>44375822
Like you've been holding your breath forever, and you can finally breathe.
>>
>>44376791
Anon, are you trying to tell us something?

You know there's nothing on the other side of the rope, right?
>>
>>44376272
>smartass
>cuckold
It's ironic because he's being neither of those things while you're being a huge asshole.
>>
>>44377518
>You know there's nothing on the other side of the rope, right?

Beautiful, sweet, infinite nothingness.
>>
One time one of our guys got a resurrection he had gone to elysium, the cleric had to find a way to convince him to come back to the land of the living.
>>
>>44377577
>implying you'll still be conscious in the void
>>
File: Thog Improve.jpg (184 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Thog Improve.jpg
184 KB, 1136x640
>>44376205
>Throg version
>Throg
Thog version better
>>
>>44377853
>implying he wants to be
>>
>>44376416
>Still "playing" the game

It's 2015 anon
>>
As someone who has been on the verge of death and resuscitated more than once:

It fucking sucks. Sheer agony. Every muscle burns like you did the most extreme iron-man workout possible. Your lungs burn like you'd been strangled. And your head pounds like a hung over migraine. Your vision swims and ears ring like you've got a concussion.

It's miserable in every conceivable way. But it's better than the alternative.
>>
>>44378406
Dag, yo. You may want to call your body's manufacturer and ask for a refund.

I'm going to nick this for my own games because right now, all I can come up with is "You know how it feels breaking in a new pair of shoes or getting a new pair of glasses? It's like that, but with your entire body."
>>
>>44378406
>It's miserable in every conceivable way. But it's better than the alternative.

I like this. I'm in the camp that cheating death should not be easy, pleasant, or harmless.

Lives are supposed to end when the body is broken. People are supposed to die just once and never come back, that's how death works. Using dread concoctions and dark magic to shove a person's soul back into the mortal coil should be awful and clearly artificial. It's akin to unwrapping a chocolate bar, chewing it up, then spitting it back into the wrapper, closing it, and trying to pass it off as unopened. It's never going to look or taste like it did before, it's not wrapped up right, it's dripping with horrible death-juices, and you're not fooling anyone. It's unnatural, disgusting. It's not supposed to happen, and Jesus Christ what the fuck is wrong with your head to make you try to do something like that.
>>
>>44376537
>Child claims to have visited heaven, a book is written on his experiences
>A genuine religious experience, not a crude attempt by the parents to cash in on the faith of others
Are you sure you're cynical enough to be here?
It's not like that thing is even part of the Christian canon. If the church believed it to be a genuine prophetic account, inspired by divine will, they'd add it to the bible.
>>
Like being anally raped
>>
>>44379227
but all over
>>
>>44379227
but that is not how it works faggot.
>>
>>44375854
The magic would probably include an analgesic effect, since magic often works the way you want it to even when it makes no sense.
It'd just be slowly waking up, and feeling slowly returning to your body as it's knit back together.
>>
>>44379447
>since magic often works the way you want it to even when it makes no sense.
Maybe in your settings.
>>
>>44376791
>Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
Nothing a bit of pepto can't solve!
>>
>>44375822
A more intense version of pic related, with the daydream being the afterlife.
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 710x192) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 710x192
>>44382657
God damnit captcha. Stop eating pictures.
>>
>>44376313
The kid admitted that his parents told him what to say.
>>
You come back and the first conscious thought you have is "Oh my god I'm on fire" because the volatile magics that reconstructed your body are still around and you're entire being is stinging with residual magic. Like a whole body Charlie horse except it lasts for an entire hour and all you can think about is pain. Granted in my games resurrection usually happens with a moderate level cleric nearby with some anesthetic and knock-out spells prepared for this exact reason.
>>
>>44379208
actually the catholic church considers a lot of visions to be legitimate but it is church doctrine that after the death of the last of the 12 apostles there are no more public revelations required for salvation only private revelations that are useful for salvation and not required.
It is also church tradition that the new testament is compiled from the writings of the apostles and there contemporaries.
>>
More importantly what cool line do you say when you come back to life?
>>
>>44383562
Did satan finally get tired of me or do you guys just love me that much?
>>
>>44383562
"Ha ha! That was a good nap!"
Then they all laugh and we have a good time and hug each other.
>>
>>44376468
>DUDE DMT LMAO
>>
>>44379208
>If the church believed it to be a genuine prophetic account, inspired by divine will, they'd add it to the bible.
Yeah, no. For several reasons.

First of all
>the Church
Which Church? There are three main branches of Christianity. Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant. The only thing they agree on is how much they should disagree with each other. Protestants in particular are so good at disagreeing with other Christians that they aren't really a single branch of Christianity and instead are a grouping of about 4 or 5 dozen different micro-branches. That's why Baptists and Lutherans and Methodists are a thing.

Second, different churches and Christians all believe in some, none, or all
>genuine prophetic accounts
but are mostly unified on not changing Biblical cannon. The belief that the Bible has been unchanged since the time of the apostles is a big deal for almost every Christian and adding modern prophecy, genuine or otherwise, would undermine this.
>>
>>44383366
That does make sense. The catholic church is pretty big on tradition.
I was thinking that a genuine firsthand account of the afterlife might be used to, I don't know, resolve some arguments or something. In hindsight, it was silly to expect theology to be based on experimentation.
>>
>>44383562
HAIL TO THE KING, BABY
>>
>>44376196
You're being sarcastic, but you may have the right idea. It probably feels like coming back to life in the real world(by being technically dead, eg. heart has stopped.): draining, with long intensive care and physical therapy sessions needed to get back into shape
>>
>>44378898
>what the fuck is wrong with your head to make you try to do something like that.
It is better than the alternative. And it will always be so.
>>
>>44383562
"Took you long enough".

No seriously, what is wrong with you people? I waited almost twelve hours dead. Are you really so stingy you can't afford that fucking diamond? We just raided that dragon castle for ten thousand diamonds. Go fuck yourself Bob, we are trying to be professional here.
>>
File: Tampering with Mortality.jpg (234 KB, 1158x828) Image search: [Google]
Tampering with Mortality.jpg
234 KB, 1158x828
>>44387008
>It is better than the alternative. And it will always be so.
Pretty much.

I still think it should have some pretty serious and irreversible costs. If not enough to make people think twice, then at least enough to retain some of the weight of death and highlight how unnatural and disgusting it is. Like pic related, which doesn't always cripple you, but makes it clear that repeatedly fucking with death is bad mojo.
>>
File: photo-8638.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
photo-8638.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>44375858
>Necromancy: Wherever you are, in hell as a worm or your gods heaven, it feels like your body is being raped.
So it ends with you making this expression?
>>
Like taking a huge shit, but someone knocks on the door so it gets sucked back up your ass.
>>
>>44388091
no
>>
>>44376416
Isnt that knight female...? It would certainly explain the erection i have for that bulging body
>>
>>44383366
>private revelations
Just like private lap dances
>>
>>44387889
>You are now the opposite gender
O-oh m-m-my
>>
>>44375822
A cross between a prolonged sneeze and a short orgasm.
>>
>>44384913
Some kid nearly dying and saying he saw heaven has nearly no validity. I mean, I get that you're not a Catholic (I'm not either) but do you really think they'd use some asinine kid's testimony to solve disagreements?

Do you realize what a can of worms that'd open up? If every jackass with a half-baked story of heaven gets to squabble about whose barely lucid version of heaven is real, that'd start more arguments then it could ever possibly solve.

That's even if you assume that the kid's hallucinations are "genuine firsthand accounts," which is ludicrously generous.
>>
>>44388179
And thus begins the quest for the belt of gender change because you just don't feel the same without the beard...
>>
>>44389844
>but do you really think they'd use some asinine kid's testimony to solve disagreements?
it frequently works at the court
>>
>>44375822
Probably fairly painful, depending on the injuries you sustained when you died, the magic that's resurrecting you presumably also has to fix whatever it was that killed you. I guess it depends on whether healing magic also includes pain-killers.
>>
>>44389844
>If every jackass with a half-baked story of heaven gets to squabble about whose barely lucid version of heaven is real, that'd start more arguments then it could ever possibly solve.
Welcome to protestantism.
>>
>>44388091
No the feeling of being raped.
Not actually being fucked.

So either what happens that you return to the earth as an angry spirit or you blog about it to the gods and tell them its triggering you.
>>
>>44375822
>Be in eternal rest
>Quiet and peaceful
>Warm, snug, dark
>Hear noise from outside
>Why can I hear?
>Feel something tugging at me
>Lid of my coffin is suddenly torn off
>I rise from my grave
"Anon, get the fuck up! You've missed your bus!"
>tfw my coffin was really my bed
>tfw my Dad isn't a necromancer
>tfw I'm late for College
>>
>>44383562
"Ugh. Feels like I was strained through somebody's bowels."
>>
>>44378898
Being run over by a Ford Explorer DOES feel a lot like being chewed up and spit back out.
>>
>>44378475
Especially if something had to be regrown or magically replaced. Imagine getting stung by bees on your face. The face swells up and goes numb. For the next few hours, it doesn't feel like your face at all. That's what getting a new leg or magically mended pectoral muscle feels like. Like it's not yours. Like it's someone else's that you're borrowing. Except it'll feel foreign and uncomfortable like that for months, maybe years. Maybe even the rest of your life. My last round of skin grafts was 12 years ago and I still feel like I'm wearing someone else's arm.
>>
>>44388091
Take out the the sexual stimulus and amplify the helplessness and violation by a factor of 10, that sort of feeling.
>>
>>44389844
>the kid's hallucinations
He admitted to making it up and being coached on what to say by his parents.
>>
>>44392169
You're thinking of a different instance
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.