[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Monster Dungeon CYOA.png (1 MB, 1200x8473) Image search: [Google]
Monster Dungeon CYOA.png
1 MB, 1200x8473
CYOA General: Mega Pasta Addition

Last Thread >>44364004
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/MhAQAJiw
IRC Chat Channel
https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.rizon.net%2Fcyoa

Here's a dropbox with a LOT of CYOA's:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ijwopa42ke49q1/AAA40vUS2BzstD9eHyyBLTr8a?dl=0
Here's Beri's OC (genie cyoa+)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiyfjM3SjU2TWNJQ3VpZ2pWYk0xRUJ4LVZYRkgyTTlwUTQwZjZhN0FNTTJ3LUE
Here's Liminal Phrenic's blog with most of his cyoa stuff theouterworlds.blogspot.com
Here's Spadesy's wordpress with most of his cyoa stuff feathersnake.wordpress.com

List of Image Resources:
http://game-icons.net
http://www.pixiv.net
http://drawcrowd.com
http://digital-art-gallery.com
https://www.artstation.com
http://coolvibe.com
http://www.zerochan.net
http://danbooru.donmai.us
http://www.deviantart.com
http://fantasygallery.net
http://grognard.booru.org
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com
https://www.pinterest.com

From Dropbox Anon:
Hello friends, I am the guy who owns the Dropbox linked up top. I added a notepad to the dropbox. If you are a CYOA author and wish to see your CYOA in the dropbox, the most expedient way would be emailing my new Yahoo! account "[email protected]' with the CYOA. Adding a name either in the subject or body attached to the email would be helpful.
>>
Yo SDA! (Info from last thread for you)

On PDF Images:
>>44374015
On Blurry Images:
>>44374188
>>
>>44375213
My PDF's for the newest stardust including the romance and soldier dlc's keep getting over 8mb

I give up, someone else fucking do it, but wait because SDA said hes doing a update to one of the DLC"s soon, very soon
>>
File: star dust v2-0-3.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
star dust v2-0-3.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44375213
I already made the .pdf, though. Zoom out to 75% and it should look relatively fine.

>>44375277
Don't include the DLCs.

I posted this pdf last thread.
>>
>>44375277
May need to put the soldier and romance dlcs into a separate pdf file. I think SDA mentioned that he was working on the romance one and perhaps the soldier one too.
>>
>actually posting anything but StarDust
Kek
>>
Didn't the monster master guy say he was going to add DLC to it?
>>
DESTROYERS
>>
>>44375401
DESTROY HER
>>
BISCUIT AND TIN
>>
File: ULEegzZ.gif (3 MB, 449x290) Image search: [Google]
ULEegzZ.gif
3 MB, 449x290
I was away for christmas, what did I miss since >>44345390 ?

>>44375201
Are you the guy who made MyRoid CYOA? I love how clean and beautiful your works are.
>>
So how fast do Original Gangster Space Suits move in space?
>>
File: sdEDNrD.jpg (2 MB, 1550x6750) Image search: [Google]
sdEDNrD.jpg
2 MB, 1550x6750
>>
So last nights thread was uh..interesting near the end.

SDA/Sandra if you can clear up some points people had..

>stat scaling, fighters and frigates with max hull and shields vs battleships carriers and dreads with same stats
>weapon scaling, frigates with X weapon vs dread with the same X weapon
>ability scaling, for ex the skill umbra on a frigate vs dread in how far you blink

Many recall you talking about how everything scales from blink distance to damage to shields and so on, this would also wrap up the toxic autistic arguments people had last night about frigates beating dreads, even though its out own adventure and anything goes.

>explanation on dread hulls being over 25 meaning you can further increase their hull armor
>and if this continues for shields, buying multiple shield systems to break past 25 or if thats hard capped

>some people buying hull mods for dreads though its not allowed, but giving a price penalty of 10x the price to do it

Another one was hanger spaces. IRL a jet like the F-22 or something is bigger in area than like 4 tanks, and smaller vehicles like jeeps are about 4 per tank or 8 per fighter jet. So for hanger space it weird that a a dread or carrier miles long housing thousands of soldiers can only hold a few fighters and tanks.

Some suggested increase (by a lot) hanger spaces across the board to like 425 for carriers and 1000 for dreads (scaled from us carrier) and making fighters be 6 spaces, heavy vehicles 2 and smaller craft 1 and drones as half or something. These are massive specialized ships with barely any more crew and hangers.

Seems crazy due to price which was another issue itself, almost impossible to max out higher tier ships with the max possible money of 1.3 billion.

A real life US carrier is less than 1/5 mile long and holds 50 jets and 5,000+ crew. Carriers and Dreadnoughts that are 1.5 to 4 miles long shouldnt be limited to the same amount of crew and 20-40 craft of any combination and type.
>>
File: Myroid CYOA.png (1 MB, 1200x4400) Image search: [Google]
Myroid CYOA.png
1 MB, 1200x4400
>>44375441
No I didn't make Myroid but this is made by the same person, Jalm.
>>
>>44375458
>So last nights thread was uh..interesting near the end.
And this is why people hate multiplayer cyoas or cyoas that are intentionally made for PvP comparisons.

>Some suggested increase (by a lot) hanger spaces across the board to like 425 for carriers and 1000 for dreads (scaled from us carrier) and making fighters be 6 spaces, heavy vehicles 2 and smaller craft 1 and drones as half or something. These are massive specialized ships with barely any more crew and hangers.

Yeah and throw everything out of balance? No thanks.
>>
>>44375458
The CYOA states that only one shield system can be bought per ship. It also states that 25 is the hard cap.

If SDA says otherwise, I will submit to that ruling.
>>
>>44375458
>A real life US carrier is less than 1/5 mile long and holds 50 jets and 5,000+ crew. Carriers and Dreadnoughts that are 1.5 to 4 miles long shouldnt be limited to the same amount of crew and 20-40 craft of any combination and type.

1/5 of a mile is 321.8 meters,about the size of a cruiser (small one) in SD. Just as a meter / mile comparison.
>>
>>44375458
I'm assuming that fighters in Stardust are much larger than in real life. Though I think that hanger space should maybe be increased.

But honestly the whole CYOA is unbalanced as fuck.
>>
>>44375601
>Yeah and throw everything out of balance? No thanks.

Its just a problem with scaling, a big one. From money to hangers to the vague stats that cap at 25 for all ship tiers etc. And why the desperate bid for "balance" anyway. Dreads are vastly superior to Frigates, fuck balance. Tiers exist for a reason. You can basically spec out battleships to have the same or more weapons and hanger room than carriers and dreads. Its dumb as fuck.

>>44375662
It is unbalanced, he went years making this without tweaking the balance or scale other than fucking with price which is still either way too cheap or way to pricey.
>>
>>44375452
>Pants of Sustenance
>Gloves of Destruction
>Boots of Gravity Manipulation
>Cloak of Escapism
>Don't really care about Vest, Hat or Jewelry

FUCK EARTH
MAXIMUM ESCAPISM
>>
>>44375458
Ok, makes sense. But SDA will never rework his entire thing, he can barely pump out updates or DLC's in a timely manner, let alone revamp everything to make sense.
>>
>>44375728
Its too bad, Stardust is easily the best CYOA, especially for space.
>>
>>44375458
iirc there was a version of stardust that has scaling for shields and weapons explanations on it
>>
>>44375341
So why can't Dreadnaughts get Hull mods? Especially the Hull reduction one since it removes some of the 15 useless rooms you get with one of them.
>>
>>44375778
So he had it worked out then went full retard and took it out leading to all this Frigate losers who think they can take any ship on.
>>
>>44375791
Stardust has always been broken from the beginning and it progressively got worse with each update and "fix"

Just buy your hull mods
>>
>>44375458
> IRL a jet like the F-22 or something is bigger in area than like 4 tanks
IRL an f-22 also doesn't have hangar space to store a tank and a jeep in its hangar bay m8 :^)
>>
>>44375813
Because SDA is a fucking retard who cant into balance. Besides that would just make fighters even larger. 10 slots per fighter.
>>
>>44375802
>>44375812
You sound incredibly butthurt.
>>
>>44375827
Actually he CAN into balance, that's what you're complaining about. You want verisimilitude, not balance.
>>
>>44375829
Those aren't even his only butthurt posts >>44375691 >>44375662
is assblasted too.

This guy is that annoying kind that whines and whines and whines until they get things exactly how they want. Just the most insufferable bitch.
>>
>>44375870
Actually, I bet one of them is that NI guy. Remember him getting really whiny when SDA wouldn't do what he said?
>>
>>44375892
Please, like a third of the people here do that, most of them just don't want something completely different from SD.
>>
>>44375458
There's a very simple solution to those issues.

Stop comparing builds like its a multiplayer pvp wankfest.

Even SDA stated that wasn't his intentions, and yes because of the scale, balance is fucking impossible but that isn't point of the cyoa either.

The point of Stardust cyoa is to make a build you feel comfortable with in a generic sci. fi space opera setting.

That's it.

You want to max out on all complications and titles for that dreadnought ship with all the bells and whistles? Go for it.

You want to fly a frigate with a few close companions, smuggling illegal goods and people across the galaxy? You can do that too.

Or you can even make a bare bones space trucker build, freighting goods from one planet to another. That's cool to.

It all falls apart when the Pvp shitheads starts arguing how to best optimize weapons, shields and hulls for space combat and space combat only.

Holy crap if you're a frigate and fighter pilot you're spending most of your combat firefighting on space stations having interplanetary/atmosphereic dog fights or having drunken street brawls, situations where the basic tier 1 weapons are overkill.

Yet frigates and fighters are automatically considered stupid and irrelevant because they can't one shot a dreadnought. Just because you don't have a means to escape or answer the most powerful weapons in the galaxy doesn't invalidate builds. And space combat isn't the number one benchmark to compare builds by.

There isn't a benchmark at all, everything should be acceptable.
>>
>>44375458
Stat and weapon scaling was meant to be flat across all ships. I don't know if you knew the old version but I wanted to move away from the whole (even more) vague statting system that put different ship classes at different tiers.

The hard number stats were meant to forgo that and make it easier to compare each tier.

I have no doubt that it's out of balance right now, but it works. A fighter will never have the same armour or shield stats as its equivalent in larger ships which can take the same mods or shields.

Sure, let me just add 100 more hangar space to everything. In tandem, I'll have to add 100 more weapon slots to every other ship for balance.

Then we'd come to a problem with pricing. Don't worry, it will only take me another 2 years and some 200+ threads to get the prices sorted out.

>>44375691
>>44375662
>>44375458
>The scaling is totally off
>Scaling should reflect IRL numbers
>Still complains things are either too cheap or too expensive
Yeah so let me just revamp everything to be more accurate and make things either impossible to buy or even easier to buy.

Funny thing is that I tried to give the sense of scale by introducing titles as a means of giving you tiers, yet people complain about having to take them in order to get the most powerful ships.

You don't think I've been trying to address this? I mean, this whole thing was discussed to hell and back so long ago. It's become so obscure that I kind of stopped giving a fuck and am rolling with what I have now on a digital image of a fictional setting for you to enjoy.

>>44375791
Cause they can't.

>>44375827
>>44375812
lol

I'll have next update by tomorrow. Reminder that I'm not changing anything but text fluff, formatting fixes and spelling mistakes. Then I'm done with this CYOA.
>>
>>44375912
Finally a voice of reason.
>>
>>44376014
I'm never, ever making another CYOA with hard stats.

Please, for all you aspiring CYOA creators, take this as a lesson.
>>
>>44375912
>Or you can even make a bare bones space trucker build, freighting goods from one planet to another. That's cool to.
Postman Pat in speeeesssh confirmed best build
>>
>Bitches have put SDAndra off from making DLCs and such.
Good going
>>
>>44376029
As a GURPS player, I like hard stats so this kinda makes me sad. But in the other hand I noticed that the players around here a munchkins that thinks an average ship in SD is a herald mothership, so that makes perfect sense.
>>
OP CYOA

Conqueror

Necromancy

Golem cuz workers realy good and she loyal
Lich cuz i want have 2 chance.
Also they good with golem when cast poison fog and etc.
Stopwatch cuz i want have 3 chance
Dungeon Dungeon.
Voracius to feed them with captured humans.
Body magic.
How about turn enemy flesh to dust?
Well Stamina good too.
>>
>>44376005
Awww, I'd really love a "deliver a package" contract.
There's a "go to this place and watch two fleets get recked" and "transport some people"
>>
>>44376095
*SDAndrea
(Apparently, Andrea can be both a male and female name, depending on location, making it perfect)
>>
>>44375912
I know, right? People forget that the whole point of CYOAs was as an imagination aid. That's it.

A good way to start a daydream on an idle afternoon.

You want scaling stats, game balance, a robust combat system and exhaustive customization?

Play GURPS.

For stuff like that, you need hefty game design skills. These aren't commercial ventures made by teams of professionals, playtested and copy-edited to hell before release.

They're fucking daydream fuel. And they're awesome. Be happy about that.
>>
>>44376099
I loved making the CYOA and everything, but it's really time to give it a rest. Stats are way too much a bother and balancing is just a nightmare.

>>44376095
I am still going to finish Soldier and Romance, but I never promised more DLCs. I only ever mentioned that they're a possibility, and they still are.

>>44376132
Would love to add in a courier contract but like I said, I'm standing by this update with no more changes to stats or mechanics.
>>
>>44376153
You're saying SDA shifts his/her gender depending on location?
>>
>>44376168
SO totally This.
>>
>>44376188
>Would love to add in a courier contract but like I said, I'm standing by this update with no more changes to stats or mechanics.

That's a shame. Courier Job and an actual guest rooms room would have been nice.
>>
>>44376258
>>44376188
And they aren't a big mechanical change either, I don't know why you're so resistant to changing the simpler things. It's not like you'd be rebalancing hangar bays again.
>>
I forgot, when buying additional ships, faction discount is applied after the multiple ship cost reduction, right?
>>
>>44376188
That would be lovely. I don't want to go to space and die to a nerd with a spreadsheet. I'm okay with several million of pocket money.
I just want to be an intergalactic mailman, picking up temporary, exotic companion, teaching the newbies how to fly and treating the Guards' PTSD a with love and drinks.
>>
>>44376197
Girl in the streets, boy under the sheets.
Or reversed, whatever you feel like.
>>
>>44375201
Purpose: Guardian
Skills: Nature, Alchemy (2)
Monsters: Lamia, Elf (5), Myconid (8)

I wish there were negative traits that grants you points, I wanted to pick Dungeon Dungeon to make my dungeon similar to OoT Lost Woods.

>>44376188
That's sad but understandable, I hope that you at least know that your work is great.
Before you go, can you tell me how Dustkeeper bonus is applied? I mean, if there's a weapon that costs 6m/3m, will it cost 5m/2.5m for Dustkeepers?

>>44376258
Can't you just scratch the serials and call the Crew Quarters Upgrade and Officer's Room as Guest Room?
>>
>>44376338
>a nerd with a spreadsheet
Hey, that's me!
Don't worry, I would never attack anyone unprovoked; and your build sounds pretty comfy too.
>>
>>44376338
We need Space Refugee as Star Dust DLC
>>
>>44375458
>waa waa make it more realistic

That will only make the larger ships more vulnerable and shitty, allow me to explain.

Assuming the ships in Stardust are as complicated and realistic as possible to real life equivalent US carriers and large surface combat vessels, then those ships would require regular refueling and overhaul and the occasional refueling (ROH) and complicated overhaul (RCOH), not to mention training periods for new crew members to get up to speed with onboard duties. Meaning AT LEAST 1/3 of a Carrier/dreadnought/battleship's time will spent in port doing nothing at all, while accumulating outrageous maintenance fees.

>refueling and overhaul? but I have super magical tech that will last for fucking ever!

A US carrier is a extremely complicated platform filled with extremely fine tuned systems and components all integrated seemingly together, yeah your bullshit mana core engines and mana blasters probably don't need any maintenance done but the hundreds up hundreds of wiring, fuses, sensors, vents and life support devices? Those need frequent repairs and overhauling, if one of them malfunctions entire sections of your ship are going to be affected. Not to mention replenishing missiles, ammo.

continued
>>
>>44375201
>Trainer
>Elementalist - 4 (6 points)
>golem princess
>intimidation (1 point)
>dungeoneering - chimeras, possessed Objects, trapped chests(1 point)
>>
>>44376508
>yeah your bullshit mana core engines and mana blasters probably don't need any maintenance done
I think the bigger part of that point is that you also have a bunch of drones to do your maintenance and overhauling.
>>
>>44376508
>But I use direct energy weapons, I don't need ammo

Laser weapons need to be frequently calibrated, and all direct energy weapons use capacitors to store energy from the ship's engine releasing them in huge bursts. Those capacitors can get burnt and need to be replaced Not to mention you're software and AI also needed to be overhauled and updated with the latest patch fixes so they don't go blue screen of death on you while you're in the middle of battle.

In addition, since a space ship is travelling through space, the outer most ablative Armour needs to be replaced and patched up as micro meteorites and space debris can cause damage over time. And if you're using energy shields instead, the shield generators and all of its subsystems will need to be maintained, checked out and overhauled as well.

And I haven't even touched the fucking engines, lighting fixtures, beds, furniture, clothes recreational materials, flora and fauna or specialized tools to make quick on board repairs.

Seriously I don't how a dreadnought commander in Stardust is going to do to meet all these maintenance costs.
>>
>>44376508
Oh no, I'm pretty sure mana cores and other mana tech need regular maintenance. And they need specialized maintenance that only a few know.

I've said in the mana core description that they're difficult to wire wih conventional tech. When someone releases a Herald build with care put into this, then I'll be impressed.

Hint, take some researcher crew at least.
>>
>>44376575
I always take the two scientists to do with it in my herald builds, I just didn't add any in the NPC build yesterday. I did put in researcher archetypes though.
>>
>>44376360
>Can't you just scratch the serials and call the Crew Quarters Upgrade and Officer's Room as Guest Room?

Yeah I'll probably buy them a second time and fluff them as Fancy Passenger rooms.
>>
>>44376401
I don't even know what my stats are.
I bought four guns and that mod that makes me hard to target, and I had like 40 million left.
I just picked the stuff I liked.

If you need a package delivered, give us a call. We don't care if you're pirate or police, we deliver for everyone and to everywhere.
>postman Pat
>postman Pat
>I don't know the lyrics to the English version
>something about a cat
>>
>>44376547
You still need to spend the money to get the parts and components.
>>
>>44376605
Or you can probably make most of them.
>>
>>44376153
Quick question, why are we calling SDA Sandra now?
>>
>>44376278
Before.
>>
>>44376655
Because that's her name.
>>
>>44376629
You can, but the factory wings and engineering bays themselves also need servicing and maintenance.

And quite frankly you probably need hundreds of specialized technicians, robotists, AI software engineers and mechanics just to be self sufficient, but if you do get all the required people, gear and rooms, then your ship is going to piss poor at combat or any other role due to compromise of design.
>>
>>44376563
Depending on his faction they'll probably pay for it.
>>
>>44376563
>need to be maintained
>beds
So you think there will be a lot of broken beds? Uhhuh
>>
>>44376703
Hey man, I don't poke my nose in other people's private lives.

I'm just saying people that explore the final frontier and go where no one has gone before take that job very seriously.
>>
>>44376703
Shit breaks yo. Personally experience from the military tells me that even the simplest and most unexpected stuff will get broken when you inevitably get a bunch of (mostly) young guys together for extended periods of time.
>>
>>44376695
>You can, but the factory wings and engineering bays themselves also need servicing and maintenance.
I think they provide net positive maintenance value, so that's a pretty stupid point to focus on.

Every ship is supposed to be valuable. There are no maintenance cost mechanics so it's up to you how to do that. IMO a bigger ship built with factories is going to be turning big profits so it could easily afford all that and more. I mean, it would be a pretty shitty CYOA otherwise don't you think?
>>
>>44376508
>ur fantasy thing is wrung bc irl military things in 2015

Stop being a massive autistic faggot
>>
>>44376751
That's not what he was saying at all. Learn to fucking read.
>>
File: autism.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>44376508
>>44376563
>>
>>44376655
SDA is a girl named Sandra you fucking mong. Big tits too. Total butterface tho
>>
>>44376695
What are you talking about, the Mothership I found on my backyard came filled with highly capable androids that can fill any role, it's spacious enough for car-sized drones go inside to make repairs, the ore processing factory needs no resource to actually process the ores and the factory wing is actually a big cornucopia machine that can acquire any blueprint from a magical open source community.
>>
>>44376792
Man that is TOTALLY realistic!
>>
>>44376807
The inverse extreme isn't any more realistic just because you can drive that side to absurdity.
>>
>>44376751
>>44376775
>starts a debate about realism
>anon brings points about the reality of owning vessels
>call him autistic
>>
>>44376828
Im not that guy, what are you doing?
>>
>>44376822
I know that was the joke.
>>
>>44376822
Well, just compiled some arguments in favor of dreadnoughts being a strong self-sustaining independent state that needs no external resources. eg:

>>44376748
>I think they provide net positive maintenance value, so that's a pretty stupid point to focus on.

>>44376547
>I think the bigger part of that point is that you also have a bunch of drones to do your maintenance and overhauling.

I wonder why not everyone in Star Dust get a destroyer with ore processing facility, factory wing, aquaculture, hydroponic, meat fridge and go about their business, why work and have an organized society if they can have their pocket realm?
>>
>>44376788
I take offense to that last part.
>>
>>44376923
>I wonder why not everyone in Star Dust get a destroyer with ore processing facility, factory wing, aquaculture, hydroponic, meat fridge and go about their business
Have you actually given a look at the majority of builds out there? Most people do something like that. I personally think that a destroyer isn't big enough to warrant a factory wing and mining drone squadron, but that's just me. You still see even people with frigates doing it though.
>>
>>44376923
A self sustaining vessel is a far more complicated vessal. A more complicated system tends to break more often. If you put more redundancy into a system you're introducing even more complication, as the integrative components to add that piece of redundancy will cause a multiplicative increase in issues.

All shit breaks eventually.

But I guess that's an unpopular opinion to have when the premise of a cyoa is making cool builds to do cool things.
>>
>>44377013
>something self-sustaining isn't self-sustaining because being self-sustaining makes it be not self-sustaining :^)
>>
I have noticed a disturbing trend where one day I argue in favor of X in CYOA threads, manage to convince people I'm right, and then in the future I somehow end up arguing against X, against the actual people I managed to convince earlier, and end up having my own arguments used against me.

Help me CYOA.
>>
>>44377013
It's unpopular because it's wrong. The earth is hugely more complex than anything we've ever built. Why hasn't it self-destructed yet?
Because, as complicated as it is, it's (mostly, although we seem dead set on testing the limits) self-sustaining.

In a future with FTL transportation and artificial gravity and fucking manatech engines, ubiquitous, minaturized repair technology sufficient to make most large starships self-sustaining isn't really much of a stretch.

But you enjoy your little misguided fun-killing rampage.
>>
>>44377072
It happens to me too. Usually it's because the people now arguing for what I originally supported take it to a hideous extreme.
>>
>>44377072
Welp, either stop changing your mind, or figure out a way to never be wrong. Simple.
>>
>>44377013
>All shit breaks eventually.
Yes, that's true, and once your ship has managed to exhaust the entire ore and fuel supply in the universe in a couple trillion years (????) entropy will catch up with it even if it's completely self-sustaining given outside supplies.
>>
Within the realm and scope of Stardust, and withing reason of course too, how big of a ship could I take on with 7 top tier spec'd out destroyers? 2 with maxed out hanger slots with mobile suits, 4 dedicated to speed and attack hit and runs and long range bombardments, and 1 focused on boarding and other auxiliary support
>>
>>44376923
Well, some of us like the idea of working for an organization. Personally my favourite faction is the Blackhawk Elite, which from what it seems gives a surprising amount of freedom to different "partners" within the conglomerate. But at the same time pays you and your crew's wages, and handles maintenance and resupplying.

Which doesn't seem like a bad deal when your orders mostly include patrolling a general area, with occasionally receiving orders to carry out specific tasks.
>>
>>44377098
Do you mean alone? 7 destroyers is overkill for anything but a dreadnaught, a pack of 2-3 Destroyers is a match for even the most competent Battleships and Carriers, with 1 being a credibly threat and the killer of lower tier B/C ships.
>>
>>44377080
The problem is Earth doesn't exist in a vacuum, the universe still interacts with it as much as Earth interacts with the universe, in fact the Earth isn't self sustaining because all life on earth in one way or the other depends on the Sun for energy.

Take out the sun and Earth can probably still sustain some life due to its molten core, but after that cools down completely, Earth can't sustain shit.
>>
>>44377098
Any ship. A group of seven would be a nightmare for even a dreadnought. Hell even three or four top-tier big ship hunter specced destroyers would probably wreck one, thought it would be risky.

The proper counter for destroyers is the big ship's own smaller ship escort. The destroyers wouldn't fare well against a proper fighter/frigate/destroyer escort.

This is the main reason why people think ships bigger than a cruiser are impractical with the amount of money you get in SD. You can't afford a proper escort for your battleship.
>>
>>44377133
>alone

Any type of build really, dread with escorts or w/e, anything really. I just like the destroyer class and the prices and room for upgrades
>>
>>44377145
Are you literally saying that the earth analogy doesn't work because the self-sustaining ship somehow does exist in a vacuum? I have no words, anon.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>44377156
>The destroyers wouldn't fare well against a proper fighter/frigate/destroyer escort

Here we go again
>>
>>44376655
Because of the Christmas CYOA.
>>
>>44377159
>Any type of build really, dread with escorts or w/e,
Then it depends on the amount. I think you have enough destroyers with enough support to take anything buildable in Stardust, if that's what you mean.

>>44377182
Yeah, Frigates aren't anti-destroyer ships like some people think, as pointed out before. Still, having a ton of fighters/frigates and some direct counter destroyers should be able ot manage.
>>
>>44377182
Nobody argued against that, though. Everyone agreed that battleship hunters would suck against other more balanced small ships. The argument was much more complicated.
>>
>>44377200
Of course "7 top-specced destroyers" can take anything in buildable stardust, they would cost about 10 times as much money than anything buildable in stardst.
>>
>>44377133
>>44377159
I'd keep in mind that, for the most part, Battleship-class ships and up are likely going to have an escort in universe. The only exceptions to this are player-builds and bandits/pirates, and even then player-builds don't really count because no PVP.
>>
>>44377080
The earth is hugely more complex than anything we've ever built. Why hasn't it self-destructed yet?

Because Earth has literally billions of years for all of its components to reach some level of equilibrium with each other.

>In a future with FTL transportation and artificial gravity and fucking manatech engines, ubiquitous, minaturized repair technology sufficient to make most large starships self-sustaining isn't really much of a stretch.

The original argument posted here >>44375458
was that there was a desire for SDA to spec each ship as realistically as possible. I took to its logical extremes because its fucking Christmas, I have nothing to do and I just talked with my family for about 2 hours and couldn't stand it anymore so I'm shitposting on 4chan instead.
>>
>>44377217
True.
>>
>>44377227
I don't think bandit/pirate encounters would be exceptions. If anything those types would value their battleship even more comparatively, so it would have even more of the small ships guarding it.
>>
>>44377240
Yeah, even getting 4 low-medium specced destroyers was a chore, and frankly I much prefer my top-specced single ship builds anyway.
>>
I can imagine like 300 crap bandit pirate frigates popping out of cloak and using jammers and then trying to ambush a dreadnought or something to capture or sink it
>>
Hey can anyone post that guide Sandra made about making CYOAs I want to try to making my own.
>>
File: 1447687758132[1].png (1 MB, 720x2337) Image search: [Google]
1447687758132[1].png
1 MB, 720x2337
Was this ever updated again?

If it were polished up (Maybe a collaboration between Greylore and Spadesy), this could get to be pretty popular.
>>
>>44377267
You've been playing too much EVE.
>>
>>44377247
I say they're an exception because they may not have enough ships or enough resources to obtain enough ships to properly escort their battleships/carriers.
>>
File: 1447687837017[1].png (614 KB, 1024x1954) Image search: [Google]
1447687837017[1].png
614 KB, 1024x1954
>>44377282
>>
>>44377217
What a broken sentence. That's what I get for changing it several times while multitasking.
>>
>>44377267
That sounds like something the Red Daggers or the Talons would do.
>>
Navigation is speed right? And how quick it makes maneuvers correct?

With the "Raptor" ability of doubling thrust and acceleration, could I exceed my 25/25 navigation stat to 50/25 for 20 seconds?
>>
>>44377275
She made a guide?
>>
>>44377290
How? Are they actually raiding things with a battleship? That doesn't make much sense in itself, they would prefer the smaller ships for raiding. The only reason those types would lug around something huge like a battleship is when they snowballed sufficiently to need it.

The only way it could happen that I can think of is if a random federation battleship captain went rogue or something, but even in that case it would be a very short term thing, since there's no way a battleship can survive for long while alone.
>>
>>44377267
I don't think they'll find many dreadnoughts going around without a significant fleet escort. And even then, the risk vs. reward probably isn't worth it. If they try to sink it, then that doesn't exactly give them any reward for the risk they're undertaking. And if they try to capture it, then they have to both successfully board and crew it, while also making themselves a massive target. Do you really think any faction with a dreadnought is just going to let some bandit/pirates get away with stealing one of their largest and most expensive ships?
>>
>>44377342
>capture
>a bunch of destroyers with 200-250 crew members total between them
>versus a dreadnought with 6k+ crew members
>>
>>44377328
It's not unfeasible for them some bandits to use a battleship/carrier for ambushing larger or better defended merchant ships. They could hide in a nebula or asteroid belt and pop out when a mark comes by, and likely just the presence of the battleship would be enough to convince their target to surrender.
>>
>>44376788
SDA is a girl? didnt he have a girlfriend?
>>
>>44377342
The moon stars and planets all align and the prophesied war gods child is born under the house of the hammer, is born to a pirate leader.

The child trains under the guidance of the father and eventually succeeds him at hit 18 birthday by killing his father in a battle to the death. He then leads for the next 10 years a campaign subjugating the rest of the universes pirate and bandit gangs under his banner.

His fleet now stands at 10,000 frigates, 750 destroyers, 500 cruisers, 10 old generation battleships and 3 carriers, 2 old gen and 1 captured current gen

He hears rumors of a dreadnought making its way to deep space and decides to take it, or sink it to prove his name..
>>
>>44377342
>If they try to sink it, then that doesn't exactly give them any reward for the risk they're undertaking.
This is assuming they're pirates. If they're an enemy task force, then sinking an enemy dreadnought would be a very high value achievement.

>>44377397
It kind of is, since the vast majority of merchant ships and such would be destroyer sized.
>>
>>44377405
She's a raging bisexual, obviously.
>>
>>44377405
SDA is a lesbian

Its CURRENT YEAR come on guys! FCKH8
>>
>>44377405
Lesbians are pretty commonplace on /tg/.
>>
>>44377418
>It kind of is, since the vast majority of merchant ships and such would be destroyer sized.
I imagine the fattest targets will be the equivalent of huge tankers and shipping vessels. Things taking massive amounts of freight between systems, getting up to around battleship size themselves or bigger. Of course, you still do not need a battleship, a few destroyers or even enough frigates could handle that.
>>
>>44377282
>>44377295
I never saw that CYOA, so I think the version you have is the latest.
>>
>>44377424
Well, looking at the romance DLC, she's a lesbian with a raging strap-on fetish, since apparently her conception of sex completely revolves around having a dick of her own for some strange reason.
>>
>>44377444
I think I vaguely remember it, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>44377390
When boarding another ship you can't exactly send all of your crew over, meanwhile the boarded ship can more effective utilize the majority of their crew to repel the boarders. Also, given the layout of major vessels it's much easier to defend than attack, given all the chokepoints, bulkheads, flanking routes, and internal ship defenses.
>>
>>44377477
Which just supports my implied point. But yeah, I did keep that in mind, I just didn't spell it out since even the full crew number difference is so huge.
>>
>>44377440
Probably, but it's also possible such ships have quite a few defences of their own or even a small escort. Of course, they can still be overpowered by a fleet of small attack ships. But with a battleship you have the option of giving such a show of force that they surrender without much of a fight, meaning less risk to you.
>>
>>44377405
white, straight, able-bodied, class-privileged, cisgender male shitlord detected
good thing we're not tumblr
>>
>>44377415
And he magically knows where the dreadnought is, and also magically has enough time to array his entire fleet against it and it's escort too I'm guessing. And all of his people are willing to fight to the death, sailing pass the many corpses of their comrades to board or destroy their target just for the sake of their leader's pride.
>>44377446
SDA is a guy. It started because of the CYOA Maker Waifu CYOA, and he decided to play along. Does it really matter?
>>
>>44377531
I know. I was trying to point out another reason why it's pretty fucking obvious that he's a guy while going with the lesbian theme.
>>
>>44377267
One of my builds is a Airtight build that uses a lot of fighters using the Banshee command mod with torpedo silos as spinal slots. And cloaks.

Got a dreadnought? Time to uncloak, simultaneous destinations of Banshees and tesla overchargers to 1-shot the shield, and close proximity torpedo launches to break the hull.
>>
>>44377472
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43669676/#43670099
That's the only time that particular version was posted (besides this thread, of course)

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/greylore/
There's all his CYOAs, along with some other cancer
>>
>>44377531
Yes, he is the chosen son of a war god. And he payed some information broker for the location, and saw it in a vision form ayy lmaos in his sleep. And he made bank on real estate and piracy so a lot of his men are androids.
>>
>>44377550
Fairlight. Fuck auto correct.
>>
>>44377550
Things scale, SDA said so. Your fighters and frigate can pound for weeks with your weapons against the shield and armor of a ships 6 and 5 tiers above you
>>
>>44377596
:^)
>>
>>44377612
:3
>>
>>44377596
Sandra=SDA
Also >>44376005
>>
>>44377550
>Airtight
>>44377591
>Fairlight. Fuck auto correct.

Yeah auto correct I'm sure Sandra.
>>
>>44377550
The main issue here is that the escort vessels or point-defence can pretty easily take out the torpedoes, unless you get real close so they don't have any time to react. But even then a few torpedoes isn't going to take down a Dreadnought that easily.
>>
>>44377596
>>44376005
If that's your mentality then there is literally no point that I allowed any ship equip torpedoes and made bomber drones exist.

Torpedoes are large ship destroyers.
>>
>>44377640
my fighter can kill ur dreadnot :^3
>>
>>44377638
A dreadnought without shields? Yeah, you do realize how huge the damage is that torpedoes do to hulls, right?

A single one has 18 damage per volley.
>>
>>44377678
keep ignoring scaling
>>
>>44377638
That's why they utilize cloaks to get close. You're assuming the reaction time of the dreadnought crew is perfect as
lwell; remember you have to alert 3,000 of them.

With the fleet already in place, we only need to release one volley. It probably won't destroy it but it will cripple it outright.

For Fairlight, that's good enough. They'll leave the field and call it a day at that point. They just like popping dreads.
>>
>>44377710
There is no damage and defense scaling. The only thing that scales is room size.
>>
>>44377678
But does 18 weapon damage even mean 18 hull armour damage? I always assumed it didn't and that the weapon damage was not directly comparable to hull armour or shield strength.
>>
>>44377724
Good thing my dreads has 1500 fighters and 200 point defense weapons
>>
>>44377726
No, it almost certainly does not, but you have to keep in mind that the only real use of torpedoes is to wreck big ship hulls. The stats seem to support this, their damage against hulls is insane compared to any other weapon.
>>
>>44375341
Do the % price reductions for secondary vessels count before or after flat reductions for factions?
>>
>>44377749
Sure they have massive damage per volley, but there are but I prefer to go for total damage output. Although, I will say I have also thought of creating a capital-ship killer build with cloaking, tesla weapons, and torpedoes. Although, I still think going after Dreadnoughts might be a little too ambitious.

In my opinion the best way of taking out a Dreadnought is to ambush it with several battleship-mounted anti-matter cannons. That way after knocking out the Dreadnought you should still have enough firepower to defend against or overpower the escort.
>>
>>44377831
You don't need to go for total damage output if you also whore the shield sappers like banshees and tesla overchargers.

>several battleship-mounted anti-matter cannons
You only need one, anon.
>>
>>44377851
Eh, depending on how tough the specific Dreadnought is you may need two. I'm not sure about that though. But more importantly you need to account for the possibility of obstructions and missing.
>>
File: 1439677000912.jpg (7 KB, 200x163) Image search: [Google]
1439677000912.jpg
7 KB, 200x163
>cyoa general
>7 images
>all stardust
>163 posts
>all stardust

ok
>>
>>44377910

>>44377282
>>44377295
>>44375477
>>44375452
Yup. Only Stardust. No other CYOAs here. No sirree Bob.
>>
>>44377903
Nah. If you ask me an antimatter cannon would probably leave such a huge hole through the dreadnought that the entire thing would look like a donut at best. At that point all systems would have failed and all the crew would be dead. That is if the dreadnut is still holding together at all even on the biggest scale.

>Obstructions and missing.
Obstructions are very unlikely, what, is it going to hide behind an asteroid? And missing is pretty much impossible unless the range is really short.
>>
File: 001.jpg (56 KB, 218x300) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
56 KB, 218x300
>fighters can't sink dreadnoughts
>destroyer's torpedo is useless
Silly Navy! Why would they invest on anything but the almighty Dreadnoughts? They're literally invincible!

>>44377910
you're welcome to post a OC
>>
>>44377938
oh boi, 3 whole new cyoa
>>
>>44377910
I know right what's up with this thread?
>>
>>44378034
You're welcome to post and talk about whatever you like, anon.
>>
>>44378017
but it would probably be shit OC and therefore not worth posting
>>
>>44378017
Because we're talking about spaceships using space magic physics and technology, and not naval vessels with actual physics and modern technology. Also, modern ASM's (can be thought of as equivalent to a torpedo in SD) have a notoriously difficult time getting through a carrier battlegroup's point-defence and CIWS systems, the same goes for fighter aircraft. Fact is it's fucking hard to get crack open a well-defended modern capital ship without overpowering the entire battlegroup first.
>>
>>44377285
No such thing
>>
>>44378090
You sound like a shit person therefore you shouldn't bother posting.

>>44378099
>Because we're talking about spaceships using space magic physics and technology, and not naval vessels with actual physics and modern technology.
The post you're responding to didn't bring real life into this at all, you're the one doing that. All he said was that if dreadnoughts were invincible then there wouldn't need to be any other ships. Which is a good point, as obviously the smaller ships are designed with critical roles in mind even in this space magic CYOA.

>Also, modern ASM's (can be thought of as equivalent to a torpedo in SD) have a notoriously difficult time getting through a carrier battlegroup's point-defence and CIWS systems, the same goes for fighter aircraft. Fact is it's fucking hard to get crack open a well-defended modern capital ship without overpowering the entire battlegroup first.
Well gee, that's almost the same as the torpedoes being slow as fuck and vulnerable to poind defense in SD. Oh no, wait. It's *exactly* the same.

>Fact is it's fucking hard to get crack open a well-defended modern capital ship without overpowering the entire battlegroup first.
Cloaking technology, anon. Every big ship hunter build uses it- Including the one given by the actual fucking author of the CYOA. Since there are apparently no counter-cloaking measures in SD, it's not very hard to ambush a capital ship.
>>
File: 1397927727893.jpg (2 MB, 2450x1225) Image search: [Google]
1397927727893.jpg
2 MB, 2450x1225
>>
File: 1397927488324.jpg (1 MB, 2578x1260) Image search: [Google]
1397927488324.jpg
1 MB, 2578x1260
>>
>>44378017
>just make some OC :^)
You're as obnoxious as that guy who only posts Highlander when someone cries about a lack of OC, or cries about a CYOA being long
>>
File: 1402989592069.jpg (7 MB, 1600x6334) Image search: [Google]
1402989592069.jpg
7 MB, 1600x6334
>>
File: 1402991616145.jpg (4 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1402991616145.jpg
4 MB, 4000x4000
>>
>>44378194
He's right no matter how much he annoys you. If you're crying about there being no OC you should go fucking make some. The only way for there to be OC is for someone to create it, why should someone else pamper your lazy ass?
>>
>>44375452
Vest: Protection
Pants: Sustenance
Gloves: Proficiency
Boots: Navigation
Hat: Convincing
Jewelry: Bracelet of Overcoming Doubt

Demonica Suit best suit.

>>44378090
Better than complaining about revamped major cyoa being dicussed over cyoas from dropbox not being reposted.

>>44378099
Why can't small vessels have their share of space magic?
Also refer to Star Dust CYOA 2.0.x , page 5, Notable Star Systems, No-Man's Land, BR-5RB.
>>
>>44378181
>STILL posting only one page of this

Fuck you, anon. At this point I'm pretty sure you're just being a troll.
>>
File: 1403227133080.jpg (2 MB, 1697x2578) Image search: [Google]
1403227133080.jpg
2 MB, 1697x2578
>>
>>44378235
He's spamming old crap nobody responds to or wants to talk about, he's a troll from the ground up.
>>
>>44378245
Nah, dumps are useful for new people.
>>
>>44378235
I only knew of that page, do you have the other one?
>>
>>44378258
Link them to the dropbox.
>>
File: 1372395227565.jpg (2 MB, 1122x1034) Image search: [Google]
1372395227565.jpg
2 MB, 1122x1034
>>44378259
>>
>>44378258

>>44375201
>Here's a dropbox with a LOT of CYOA's:
>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ijwopa42ke49q1/AAA40vUS2BzstD9eHyyBLTr8a?dl=0
>>
>>44378272
Nah. The way you get new people is by making the thread seem interesting. They'd have absolutely no interest in looking through some dropbox if they weren't first attracted by the thread.
>>
>>44378280
Haven't seen that yet so thanks!
>>
>>44378299
Spamming that shit isn't gonna make anyone interested.
>>
>>44378165
First, I don't think anyone here has been saying that Dreadnoughts are invincible. In fact most posts are straight up referencing the fact that other ships are being used to escort Dreadnoughts specifically because they aren't. So other ships are hardly useless, in fact it's almost like this follows historic naval combat where capital ships were considered most important, but ultimately required smaller vessels to support them. And then inevitably capital ships become considered to valuable to lose, so smaller ships are often used in their place for whatever tasking.

Are you saying that ASM's aren't vulnerable to point-defence in real-life? They're pretty similar to torpedoes in SD for the purposes of comparison, because both are vulnerable to to PD, easily detected able, and do massive damage to ships they hit. The only difference is that ASM's are too fast to out-maneuver.

I admit that cloaking tech is a bitch to deal with, but it ain't infallible. Before sonar because a big thing in hunting subs there were effective methods and techniques that destroyers would take to destroy them. It's possible similar-themed techniques could be applied to destroying cloaked ships, namely shooting AOE ordinance in the likely area the ship is hiding in. Furthermore, most of these builds require getting close which only further makes their escape difficult. However, these anti-cloaking strategies do require he cloaking ship to be detected first, meaning that it has already likely carried out its attack against the capital ship the escorts are defending.
>>
>>44377717
honestly if they can pull up that close and organize a simultaneous attack of that scale under complete radio silence within range of the dread they deserve the kill
>>
>>44378289
Yes, you're right, obnoxious spam is what'll attract new people. Genius.

>>44378305
Yes it is. That's how pretty much everyone here got interested in the first place.

Meanwhile spamming a link that nobody discusses, opens or even notices is what's not going to do shit.
>>
File: 1435882359735.png (8 MB, 1500x8833) Image search: [Google]
1435882359735.png
8 MB, 1500x8833
>>44378305
Do you ever shut up about that?
>>
>>44378225
Small ships to have their share of space magic. Most notably cloaking tech is best applied to small ships rather than larger ones. Which means cloaked smaller ships can be very effective against poorly-defended capital ships (much like torpedo boats originally were against battleships) and also for scouting too.
>>
>>44378312
>Are you saying that ASM's aren't vulnerable to point-defence in real-life?
No, I was saying that things like torpedo and fighter vulnerability to PD are modeled pretty well in SD.
>>
Is 0.8.1 the most recent battlemage?
>>
>>44378223
>you should go fucking make some
Implying. I am doing my part.
>>
>>44377282
>>44377295

It was never finished iirc.
>>
>>44378315
They're Fairlight. They know how to operate.

I didn't say it'd be easy to pull off, but if it can ever be done, it's probably by them.
>>
>>44378370
And i am most certainly not the one crying here. I learnt long ago that accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>44378364
Kind of a lot like the real-life examples I was referring to. Also, I forgot the point I was trying to make, but I think it has something to do with the fact that SD does a pretty good job of representing proper fleet doctrine. Where, capital ships are good at killing other capital ships and slightly smaller ships, but required protection from small specialized capital ship killers. Which is why most capital ships are going to be defended by a fleet of smaller escort ships (mainly destroyers and cruisers).

Furthermore, because capital ships are big, slow, expensive, and can't be everywhere, small fleets of destroyers or cruisers are used for longer-range patrol taskings anyway. Frigates probably see use as fleet scouts and short-range patrol vessels.
>>
>>44377717
>>44378315
>>44378394
>Synchronize watches
>Hold finger over buttons
>Send one big ping to tell AIs to start shooting

It isn't really that hard if they aren't expecting it.
>>
>>44378394
just saying, that's pretty scary/impressive
>>
>>44378171
You know I think this was the cyoa that some anon was looking for like 3 weeks ago or so.
>>
>>44378460
The only way building a ship bigger than a cruiser in SD is if you consider yourself a part of your starting faction to the point where you're not just a lone operative in it, you're part of the armed forces.

Otherwise a cruiser is the largest ship you should consider.

Destroyer is also the smallest ship you should consider as a single ship if you ask me, there's no point in only having a frigate or fighter.

However I'm ignoring possible creative builds like neutral pleasureship dreadnoughts or non-combat research frigates and such. Those aren't using the full scope of the CYOA and its dangers so they fall outside my reasons for believing that only cruisers and destroyers are ships you should consider taking, but they are valid builds since not everything a person can come up with is about fleet combat.
>>
>>44378356
Well lets try survive:
Start in Prison dye it dont have realy much danger and i can try learn more of my skill

Mage
Envoker

Bonfire
Becase what else mage can desire in dangerous place like dungeon?

Traiders and traiders cuz less evil and more profit then others groop.
>>
>>44378483
Pretty much.

Don't forget that it will take a lot of Intel. When a dread is in space, everyone w/o know about it. I try to make that clear in the CYOA.

Then it becomes a matter of predicting their flight plan, and then setting up the trap in their path. Let the big whale come to you.

>>44378523
You're only thinking in military fleet doctrines. While SD focuses on military aspects a lot, a lot of ships in space are not military purposed. In fact, most of what happens in the civilized galaxy probably happens on the planets.

You're one of the rare few out of billions and billions of humans who get to fly a ship.
>>
>>44378366
If it's any help, that the version I have in my archive, which I try to keep as up to date as possible.

>>44378394
Who the Fairlight are and what's their objective? Is it one of those omissions intended for the sake of lore freedom?
Also what kind of weapons do the Heralds (actual herelds, not their ships used by human) employs? I'm trying to make anti-herald build.
>>
>>44378571
That is why I said that there are builds out there that do something more creative with a frigate or a capital ship.

It's just my belief that for any balanced build that takes advantage of the entire CYOA a player should take either a destroyer or a cruiser.

That isn't a criticism of your CYOA you know, I like it a lot that there are more fringe options. It would be much more boring otherwise.
>>
>>44377551
Greylore seems to have a lot of unfinished cyoas.
>>
>>44377145
So what you're saying is that you agree with me, but that you have a ridiculously contrived example that would nullify my point if it were at all reasonable to entertain it for even a moment.

Alright. I can respect that level of pedantry.
>>
>>44378523
Well to be fair, if the player wants to go it alone in a battleship or carrier they can pretty safely too. After all the likelihood of encountering a small fleet of designated capital ship killers is unlikely. The only factions who'd really have use such fleets are factions like the Talons, Fairlight, Federation Spec Ops, and maybe the Luos and Red Daggers. But even then the last two factions there and most pirates/bandits aren't likely to use capital ship killers, because they either don't have the resources or need for them.

So as long as the player is neutral or at least not openly aggressive towards the Federation, Fairlight, or the Talons they probably won't have any issues.
>>
>>44378588
In the previous version Tesla Overcharger was explicitly a Heraldic weapon, so probably those and Mana Blasters seeing how mana is still tied to the Heraldic.
>>
>>44378610
They might try to steal it in dock.
>>
>>44378571
There IS a way to counter or at least detect a fleet of cloaked ships, right? If not, then I'm pretty sure that spess wurfur is pretty much submarines and submarine accessories. That's if cloaking tech is wide-spread and in common usage though.
>>
Happy christmas /tg/. I hope you had a great day and got the things you needed :)
>>
File: 1434337253834.png (55 KB, 165x299) Image search: [Google]
1434337253834.png
55 KB, 165x299
>>44378588
I'm keeping Fairlight because I want you to interpret who they are and what they do.

If you ask me, they likely have their roots in the Fed spec ops but desired independence. That's the most I'm going to say.

Heralds use mana for most things in a much, much more advanced form than what you've seen so far. One of the races is literally sentient mana.

>>44378602
I didn't mean to discount your insights. In fact, I value them and they give me a lot to think about. I put that sort of mentality into the militaristic decisions thanks to people like you.

>>44378632
Cloaking is not common at all, but counters pretty much just involve stout defense.
>>
File: waifuChristmas1.png (3 MB, 2274x1566) Image search: [Google]
waifuChristmas1.png
3 MB, 2274x1566
>>44376655
I guess blitzen is bliss and mystery box is SDA. I don't know who the others are.
>>
>>44378632
Cloaking should cause you to move at 10% speed not 50% making you much much slower and it should deactivate all shields for 10min after decloaking
>>
>>44378356
Temple of Forgotten Gods

Trickster

Monster Book
Map

Shopkeepers
Travelling merchants

Dark Knights

Causing chaos for the cultists at first before I can branch out. Map out as much as possible while stealing from the cults to sell my wares to the shopkeepers.

Pmce the map is more filled out, start planting traps where I go to slow down or kill any Dark Knights that might be behind me.
>>
>>44378682
I'm keeping Fairlight shady*

Fuck auto correct.
>>
>>44378588
Then I'm up to date, thanks!
>>
>>44378625
Depends where you dock. At one of your faction's spaceports? Unlikely, that shit is guarded. At StarDust Station or somewhere similar? Unlikely, that shit is also guarded. At some random neutral civilian or backwater spaceport? Yeah, you should probably keep some people aboard just in case.
>>
>>44378693
wait how do you know they are meant to be authors? and who made this?

I guess becky is beri if this is a real thing. The other two are probably Scientist and Mask anon.
>>
>>44378557
Kek damn reading 2 gift is map
>>
>>44378717
KitsuneAnon made it.
>>
>>44378693
Blitzen would be my choice!
>>
>>44378571
Also, couldn't they just use specially designed laser-based communications nets?
It'd be a lot easier to send important messages without anyone noticing - there isn't even any atmospheric diffraction.
>>
>>44378714
That's why I said might. Presumably they are very valuable and they will take the opportunity if they get one, but not every port is a trap.
>>
>>44378682
Please answer >>44375444

>>44378610
>Luos and Red Daggers
>aren't likely to use capital ship killers
>destroyed TWENTY Blackhawk dreadnoughts in a single battle
u wot

>>44378523
>neutral pleasureship dreadnoughts
here comes the bed maintenance spendings
>>
>>44378697
Oh and after the first Dark Knight encounter I would get a monster entry on them so maybe I could kill them quicker later on. Or it just makes the need for more traps.
>>
File: waifuChristmas2.png (488 KB, 591x1070) Image search: [Google]
waifuChristmas2.png
488 KB, 591x1070
>>44378693
>>
File: 1426382646506.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1426382646506.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>44378693
Blitzen is love. Blitzen is life.

Bliss pls
>>
>>44378632
It's possible modified ASW tactics could work, something like the Raspberry that's designed for use against U-boots that had already penetrated the convoy and attacked a vessel in particular seem like they could be effective. Another tactics that could work is the Creeping Attack, which largely didn't make use of sonar in the first place.

Of course these would need to significantly modified to deal with a 3D environment and the fact that they don't have sensors that can detect the cloaked ship.
>>
I want a Stardust DLC where we have to fight a ton of scenarios against crazy fuck AYY LMAOS invading our shit
>>
>>44378780
>buttslut
>getting shit on my dick
>getting loose asshole like mouth of tired dog drooling all over
>cant keep shit in
>constant shitting the pants when you walk and stuff

no thanks
>>
>>44378742
I don't know that anon
>>
>>44378622
>>44378682
>>44378701
Thank you, I'll make some herald replica builds first before making my anti-herald build.

>>44378712
You're welcome.
>>
>>44378776
The Luos lost most of their ships and resources, as well as a centralized command structure. As such they probably would get more utility out of general-purpose ships than specialized capital ship killers. Also they have little ability to coordinate such attacks anyway, especially if we realize that most of their specialized ships are spread out in the hands of several sub-organizations. As for the Red Daggers they primarily hunt poorly-defended merchant vessels, so most of their ships are specialized for this purpose and not for hunting capital ships. They also suffer from the same decentralization problem as the Luos where most of their specialized anti-capital ship vessels are likely in the hands of multiple sub-gangs, and as such without a centralized command structure it's difficult to coordinate such attacks.
>>
>>44378802
I'm thinking that the single most effective way to defend against cloaked ships is to just lay out gigantic curtains of flak.
>>
>>44378824
But what if my butt is clean and we use Christmas magic to fix it?
>>
>>44378980
nobody wants your ugly butt
>>
File: 1449232854080.png (1 MB, 5420x1228) Image search: [Google]
1449232854080.png
1 MB, 5420x1228
>>44378841
KitsuneAnon's cyoas
>>
I want a really refined CYOA where I have to live in a room or something for 10 years and get to buy shit to stay occupied.
>>
>>44378993
haven't seen "awful" but I know the rest. seems like a cool guy
>>
>>44378776
>here comes the bed maintenance spendings
The beds make more money than they cost silly anon. It's like you don't even get the concept of a pleasure ship.
>>
>>44378993
That reminds me, does anyone know if the kitsune CYOA is gonna get any more updates?
>>
My take on Herald Fighter replica, something close to the actual Herald Fighters capabilities to make something to counter it. What do you think of it?
>>
>>44379117
which one?
>>
>>44379056
I want to mindbreak Ley'ra and turn her into a cock-hungry slut.
>>
>>44379136
The one where you were the baker for that kitsune's party.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.