[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civ thread go!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14
File: 1372747839788.jpg (1 MB, 1383x2875) Image search: [Google]
1372747839788.jpg
1 MB, 1383x2875
So the I got an itch to run another one of these games.

Rules as usual: first option to get three vote is a-go. if 30-45 mins have passed and there's no consensus, the option with the most votes is picked.

Sometimes, aside from the "normal" options, I'll call for a vote for cultural stuff and things like that, completely separate from the primary vote.

Anyway, let's get started!
>>
File: Coldtime_Harpy.png (289 KB, 556x712) Image search: [Google]
Coldtime_Harpy.png
289 KB, 556x712
Harpies damn son
>>
>>44374900
Sorry mobile phone fuck it up
>>
>>44374888
It's Christmas so clearly we need to be elves that live in the tundra and are ruled by one really fat dwarf
>>
Dark Elves plz because i feel like a being a recessive hoarder, in the name of Christmas.
>>
>>44374888
Insects, gnomes, demons or humans with the perk of emerging psychic potency
>>
>>44375007
Seconding psychic insects
>>
>>44374888
Sapient candy people. If that doesn't fly, seconding >>44375007
>>
File: Sentinels.jpg (139 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Sentinels.jpg
139 KB, 500x281
>>44374932
Now in computer backing this up with tundra
>>
I back drows in tundra too
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 333x442) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 333x442
>>44375124
>>
Psychic insects it is, then. By a very close margin, might I add.

Now, what about the place? We've got 2 votes for tundra so far
>>
>>44375281
I'll push This along
I'll go for tundra also
>>
>>44375281
Forest or underground
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
Since we're tundra-dwelling insects maybe we could be based off of something tundra-y. Like a yeti crab
>>
File: Thri-kreen-by-Jason-A.-Engle.jpg (103 KB, 400x554) Image search: [Google]
Thri-kreen-by-Jason-A.-Engle.jpg
103 KB, 400x554
From even before you were born, all you knew was war.

The psychic link between your brood mother and you, full of your brethren being struck down by the enemy. Full of cries for peace, for understanding. But, one by one, your mighty hives fell down, washed in ichor and blood.

When you were born, it almost seemed as you hatched with a spear in hand. Your gift not great enough to be a combat psyker, you were tossed with the rank and file, where you soon excelled and became a commander.

Now, as the first cradle of your kind burns, you skulk through the shadows, taking the last mother alive with you. Your small entourage carries the future of your entire species with you, a burden that can be felt emanating from the minds of each soldier and civilian.

Despair, pain, uncertainty.

--------------------

You have survived for a few weeks, trekking ever north, where few dare tread, much less live.

The weather's gotten colder and colder, and you feel sluggish, both in thought and action. It's been some time since you last spotted a pursuing party in the horizon, but there are other enemies: morale, wildlife, climate.

All around you, your people wither slowly, and some have voiced their concerns.

Your kind is not suited to a nomadic lifestyle, so you better find a good place to settle down in.

Ahead of you, the tundra covers as far as your eye can tell. Mountains can be seen on the horizon, to the west, and to the southeast some hills rise above the flatlands.

What will you do?

BONUS VOTE

How do your subordinates call you?
>>
>>44375492
To the hills

Makak, of the Gizureans
>>
>>44375492
Head to the mountains

Don't really know about the name, I'll wait until someone else comes up with something and see if i like it.
>>
>>44375492
Queen Mother Suzumiya

Get to the hills and start digging some tunnels
>>
File: 1.jpg (199 KB, 1200x930) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
199 KB, 1200x930
>Tundra insects
Indubitably
>>
>>44375556
Also nick our queen the All-Mother
>>
>>44375583
We're not the mother though. we're the commander.

>>44375556
I'll go with this name. However, I vote for mountains.
>>
Being the right hand of the queen is indeed the sweet spot for insect civs. We serve a being greater than ourselves and dedicate us to the queen, like an insect hive should be, but we're also a hero unit and can get our scythes dirty.
>>
>>44375663
I'll change to mountains from hills to get it moving.
>>
File: map.png (74 KB, 766x640) Image search: [Google]
map.png
74 KB, 766x640
You decide the hills will provide a decent refuge without the difficulties of negotiating mountainous terrain. You order your subordinates to pack up, and get moving.

You arrive at the hill a couple of days later. and pick a good spot to set up a base camp. As everyone starts to build some rickety tents, you swurvey the lay of the land, accompanied by a master builder. After careful consideration, he proposes two plans for further expansion: up, or down.

Building your home underground might make it more defensible against hostiles, and help against the weather, but building aboveground would better represent the might of the fallen empire, helping morale, and being a beacon for other runaways.

A scout runs up to you, having stablished some semblance of a base of operations, and asks for your orders.

How will your culture grow, soaring to the skies, or burrowing into the safety of the earth?

And, what will your soldiers do while your workers labor?

>Build
>Research
>Explore
>Other
>>
>>44375847
Explore our surroundings.
>>
>>44375847
impregnate the brood mother and build a cave for the coming eggs
>>
>>44375847
Build down, later we can make the hive great again
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>44375882
Wasnt the Queen still too young¿
>>
>>44375847
>Build up
We shall be as locusts, and blot out the sun.
>>
>>44375847
Build down. Let's explore for a food source.
>>
>>44375921
does it say that anywhere? all i read is that she is the last
>>
>>44375469
This
>>
Thats three votes for burrowing down.

Now, what about the scouts, what will they do?

>>44375921
>>44375979
She's the last Mother, no age mentioned.
>>
>>44376001
Map, note things of worth. Food, other creatures, lakes. Explore around our base.
>>
>>44376001
Have them scout further north. We know that down south are our pursuers and perhaps there will be some allies up north
>>
>>44376016
Seconded.
>>
>>44376016
This aaaand...
>>44376023
this

rolls?
>>
>>44376023
Are we still being pursued? In that case we should fortify and scout the land so that we may know it better than any attackers.
>>
>>44376031
no rolls, only votes.

Writeup coming through!
>>
File: map.png (58 KB, 578x481) Image search: [Google]
map.png
58 KB, 578x481
As your workers begin to dig their way underground, you send out your scouts on a reconaissance mission. Food sources are your priority right now, since foraging and small game hunting will prove insufficient in case of growth.

Meanwhile, you take stock of your situation. Barely a hundred gizureans have survived, at about a 50-50 split between military and civilians. Among these, you note the vast diversity that once characterised your civilization, thanks to the iterative evolution of your kind. You remember how each brood would hatch and bring joy to the people when they exhibited a new talent, or mutation: some had wings, some could burrow faster, others were covered in chitin plate... Maybe the Mother knows more about the process.

You also meet with the leaders of each group: Guhket, master builder, and spokesman for the civilians, and Mohtad, leader of the scout corps and your second in command. Both bring some points of concern to you.

Guhket believes that, while digging underground will rid us of much of the neccesity for materials, some would be much appreciated in order to add stability to the structures.

Mohtad notes, much in the same vein, that while the soldier's natural armor and claws would offer enough protection against most of the wildlife, for bigger game and hostile sentients some ordinance is needed.

Right now you lack the materials to help either of them, but they ask that you keep their requests in mind.

The days pass, and the scouts return to a barely functional complex. They bring news of a lake a day to the northwest, rippling with fish unknown. Maybe setting up a fishing camp would help in feeding the population.

They also report a herd of six legged, furry, horned mammals moving through the plains to the southwest.

You ponder your options.

Building a fishery would provide a stable source of food, but would also require both civilians and soldiers to build and operate the fishery.

(comment too long, another one coming)
>>
File: tundra.jpg (285 KB, 1200x811) Image search: [Google]
tundra.jpg
285 KB, 1200x811
The herd raises another dilemma. Hunting down the strange animals would surely help in feeding the population for a while, but it would require the military dedicates some soldiers to the task, further reducing their effectiveness for a while.

What will you do, Makak?

>Build
>Research
>Explore
>Other

>Hunt the herd
>Set up a fishing camp
>>
>>44376359
get the brightest of us to question the mother about reproduction and write that down somewhere (do we have writing as a tech?)
and set up a fishery
>>
>>44376359
Build the base first, then fishing pod.

Queen Mother S. Needs space to procreate
>>
>>44376359
Build a fishing camp
>Later on
>Find the herb
>Kill and domesticate
>Feed them fish
>Have fish, meat, fur and tusks
Profit
>>
Btw, I'm keeping track of all this in a google doc with more contextual info.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16AsWCyrOos9h5iHUUXzk-EDtoi3tekd5DIG8z0KMJi4/edit?usp=sharing

Tell me if you feel anything is missing!

>>44376409
the herd is seemingly migrating, you're not sure they will stick around for long.

>>44376398
That would still leave the majority of the population unoccupied. the military, at lteast, the civilians have their hands (claws?) full with the base.
>>
>>44376445
At some point they'll return. Animals follow cycles, even if it takes a while. Thinking about the long term I just think it's better to domesticate and own them as cattle. Killing them now would really lower our chances of getting more of them later.
>>
>>44376445
I say capture some of the six-legged beasts and use them as livestock. That's just me though. Also set up the fishery
>>
>>44376445
the military could do some tactics research
>>
Fishing camp all day.
Also, how well do we handle underwater? I want to see if any treasure/ material/ items of interest are laying around on the bottom of the lake.
>>
>>44376522
>items of interest are laying around on the bottom of the lake
>Congratulations, you found a dormant Ancient One under the ice cap. Now what's the next stage of your master plan?
>>
>>44376637
Eh.
I was hoping more for usable shit for camp building. Wrecked ships. Stone blocks from buildings of the past. Entrance to an underwater cave system. Etc.
>>
build a fishing camp
explore the other areas around the main base
>>
>>44376472
This sounds like a good idea
>>
You decide to build a fishery: long term planning, after all, is the key to success. Master Guhket's workers, and Mohtad's soldiers leave the base towards the lake, loaded with the few building materials you have. They expect to be able to ship some food back in about a month.

However, construction of the base is delayed, which isn't making anyone precisely happy. Your people live in communal rooms, cramped and dirty.

Guhket approaches you with some suggestions about how to better prioritise the growth of the complex

"Lord, I think we could expect better results if we prioritised building specific facilities, rather than continue as we do now. Our current work method is way too inefficient, wanting to build everything at once, and our workforce is spread all over the site."

He offers some ideas:

We could focus on improving the current lodgings, creating individual rooms for each gizurean. This would greatly increase morale, and workers would be much more efficient.

Another option is to start developing the workshops neccesary to the proper function of a settlement, which could help speed up work.

Finally, building a royal chamber for the Mother would make way for the first brood born after the Fall, but would put a time constraint, since we'd need to develop the facilities to raise the hatchling properly.

So, what will you choose?
>Continue like usual
>Focus on residential zones
>Focus on workshops
>Focus on the royal chamber
>Other

Meanwhile, what will your soldiers do?

>Help the workers
>Explore
>Hunt the herd
>>
>>44376637
>Crashing this game.
>WITH NO SURVIVORS!
>>
File: ant_bully_queen.jpg (57 KB, 450x652) Image search: [Google]
ant_bully_queen.jpg
57 KB, 450x652
>>44377190
We should continue as we have been doing, try to make them more comunity centered and less individualized.

Soldiers should help into the building
>>
>>44377190
find the smartest 5% of our people and make them researchers
they can research writing
the workers focus on the royal chambers
the soldiers go hunting; sparing the really young of the herd to capture
>>
>>44377190
>>Focus on workshops

>Explore
>>
>>44377190
>Soldiers
Capture the herd with minimal casualties on both fronts
>Workers
Build workshops. A workshop will make the other two actions go by much quicker
>>
Focus on residents homes.
The queen will show how she puts her hive first by waiting on her chambers.
Soldier help builders.
Explore lake more.
>>
Also, guys, my lack of sleep is catching up to me, so this will be the last story post for today
>>
>>44377304
Thanks for running. Quality gming
>>
>>44377399
Appreciate it, really!

We still have the last decision to make guys.

If noone votes in the next... let's say 15 minutes, I'll run with "focus on workshops" and "go after the herd"
>>
>>44377465
Instead of workshops i'd go for houses and such
>>
>>44377465

Workshops
>>
The order to focus on the workshops is dispatched, not without some grumbling about the current sleeping arrangements. Work proceeds normally, if more efficiently, and results are visible soon.

The soldiers, meanwhile, are dispatched towards the herd, with orders to take some specimens alive if possible, and without risking life OR limb. The hunt is highly succesful, with the soldiers carrying enough of the strange animals back home to sustain the population for a couple of weeks. Fortunately some of these animal also happened to be alive when brought in, and appear to be docile. Somewhat.
On the other hand, two soldiers are no longer with us, victims to a stampede early on the hunt. A quick funeral is arranged, and soon everyone goes back to normal.

Life continues as usual for a while, the workshops being built at an astonishing pace, until some of your soldiers on patrol duty start to report strange figures on the horizon, suddenly vanishing when they notice the attention they've drawn...

And with this, we end it for tonight! Been a good, if short ride (sorry guys, I just can't stay awake anymore), remember to check the google doc for a refresher next time, and good night!
>>
>>44377893
Thanks for running
>>
>>44377987
Agreed. Thx op.
>>
File: Undead.png (6 MB, 5367x5367) Image search: [Google]
Undead.png
6 MB, 5367x5367
Hello i'm working on a CYOAish of some kind and i would like opnions on the undead presentation i'll atach to this post. It is not finished i would just like to know what you guys think about it until now. Feel free to comment.
>>
>>44380758
make a new post about it
>>
Pls revive
>>
bump the 2nd
>>
>>44380758
Sorry friend, but you should get to a CYOA thread or a civ general, not here.
>>
So is this civ thread just dead or what?
>>
op is not here at least
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.