[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore & Tabletop General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: unrelenting joy_ho-hoh-ho.png (228 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
unrelenting joy_ho-hoh-ho.png
228 KB, 600x300
Merry Christmas edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus please.
Keep the MK related squabbling to a minimum.
Tamriel Rebuilt 15.12 released! http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/?q=content/tamriel-rebuilt-1512-release

Previous Kalpa: >>44261803
>>
File: skyrimsnowwhalecorpse.jpg (200 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
skyrimsnowwhalecorpse.jpg
200 KB, 900x600
Merry Christmas from your beloved Uncle Sweetshare, n'wahs and s'wits. How are you all doing on this fine winter's day?

I got you all a snow whale.
>>
>>44373680
I think that's actually a statue of Tsun dude.
>>
File: snowwhales.jpg (570 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
snowwhales.jpg
570 KB, 1920x1080
>>44373913
I'm not so sure. It looked like this before I killed it--anyone on here a whaleologer who can chime in?
>>
File: jesuspop.gif (192 KB, 239x300) Image search: [Google]
jesuspop.gif
192 KB, 239x300
>>44372666
So who would you say in TES lore is most similar to Jesus?
>>
File: file.png (536 KB, 510x509) Image search: [Google]
file.png
536 KB, 510x509
>spend christmas with family
>comfy, but tons of time to kill
>start having rad tes dreams
>read up on space hulk
>inspiration strikes
>a terrible homebrew is born
Well, I'm having fun.

Happy Saturalia, n'wahs!

>>44374648
Talos.
>>
>>44374648
Nerevarine
>>
>>44374648
crassius
>>
File: TNWjV2s.jpg (57 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
TNWjV2s.jpg
57 KB, 540x400
>>
Is Saturalia canon?

>>44374648
Lorkhan
>>
>>44377688
it was in daggerfall so yes
>>
>>44377694
>The New Life festival comes a few days early in Wayrest with Saturalia, traditionally held on the 25th of Evening Star. Originally a holiday for a long forgotten god of debauchery, it has become a time of gift giving, parties, and parading. Visitors are encouraged to participate.
>a long forgotten god of debauchery

Well, he did have an habit of turning water into wine and inviting everyone to his home every weekend...
>>
File: 14443894721940.png (344 KB, 811x568) Image search: [Google]
14443894721940.png
344 KB, 811x568
Merry Saturalia!
>>
>>44374648
Lorkhan, he literally died so we could live.
>>
>>44372666
Satan trips.

Someone post that Daggerfall parody on Santa (a dark elf bulglar goin through dwarven ruins to enter your house).
>>
File: SUCK MUATRA.png (146 KB, 800x335) Image search: [Google]
SUCK MUATRA.png
146 KB, 800x335
Merry Saturalia /tgesg/!

I have a UESRPG core book update as a present for you all, but I can't post it because I'm with family today. Instead I'll give it to you guys for new years. We'll have updates for a number of our books up then, and the GM handbook is looking like it'll be an early-mid January thing.
>>
>>44378941
Thanks!
>>
>>44378941
It's cool, Seht. My playgroup is on break this week anyway because of the holidays. Thanks for everything.
>>
>>44378941
What are your plans after the release of 3rd edition? Are you gonna try to keep putting out supplements or find a way to make the game more fan driven by hosting a portal for people to store all the game materials in one place? I'd totally make tons of adventure modules for this game.
>>
File: sloadapproved.jpg (99 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
sloadapproved.jpg
99 KB, 500x438
>>44378941
I'm really excited for this, Seht
>>
File: 1423527925355.jpg (28 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1423527925355.jpg
28 KB, 375x375
Why are bandits so jumpy? They live in a camp with like 20 other people but trip the fuck out and draw blades everytime they hear a noise.
>>
>>44382857
Sounds like a GM-specific thing. Is this a recurring thing or just the way he characterized that particular group?
>>
>>44380582
After 2nd edition? I don't think I'll have the willpower to make a third edition, but I'd totally consider creating more supplements and doing something like you mentioned. I'd love to see what kinds of things people come up with.

At one point I was vaguely interested in doing another homebrew RPG, I think I was considering trying to tackle either the Witcher or Evangelion because I enjoy both of those things, but I'm not sure if that will end up happening (esp not the Witcher because an official game exists, and it's pretty neat).

>>44382752
Glad you're looking forward to it! We almost did the Planes of Oblivion book before the GM book, but I think the GM one will be more useful. It's also an easier one to release first because I can just keep updating it to tack more stuff on, whereas a content supplement like the Planes of Oblivion would just feel incomplete if I didn't have everything in it to start with.
>>
>deader than dagoth
>>
File: ob_imp_guard.jpg (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ob_imp_guard.jpg
164 KB, 1024x768
>>44382857
Cause these guys are lurking nearby
>>
File: file.png (318 KB, 410x560) Image search: [Google]
file.png
318 KB, 410x560
The Sorcerer class has to be one of the ones that have changed the most over time.
Back in Arena and Daggerfall they're basically what would later become the Atronach birthsign, magical batteries that could absorb Magicka but not produce any of their own.
Then Morrowind rolls around, and they're rewritten as some sort of mages that are all about enchanting and summoning.
And then we get Oblivion, where they're heavy armour mages that also use Alchemy.

They don't have any proper in-lore equivalent that I know of either. Battlemages aren't just a class, they're also represented with stuff like the Imperial Battlemages. The term "Battlemage" has a definition in the lore. I'm aware of no such thing for Sorcerers.
>>
>>44388096
The idea of classes being a thing was never taken too seriously by the developers. Early on, they needed to conform to the expectations of a typical wRPG player but by the time Morrowind came, they realized there is no point in restricting players to these pre-made sets, offering some bonus or two in return (like class specific skills). So they just included classes as a way for rapid start. Lore-wise, everything written or said by people overrides the class definitions.

So forget about classes and embrace perks they just work!
>>
>>44388185
>Lore-wise, everything written or said by people overrides the class definitions.
Well duh, I know this, Anon. Everyone does.
I was just commenting on something I noticed while reading some stuff on UESP.

>by the time Morrowind came, they realized there is no point in restricting players to these pre-made sets
You could make your own classes by Daggerfall.
>>
>>44388279
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know this, no need to be defensive.

In Daggerfall, if I recall correctly, classes had special features and you could make your custom class with any of these features. But the thing is, if you liked the feature on Knight but wanted the skills of Mage you had to make your own class. In Morrowind, they removed the features entirely. In Oblivion, they simplified class and skill system further.

So all I'm saying is, classes never really translated to in-game lore so no wonder why you couldn't find anything about sorcerors in the lore.
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 646x508) Image search: [Google]
file.png
94 KB, 646x508
>>44388379
>>44388379
>classes had special features and you could make your custom class with any of these features
Kind of, but it was a pretty wide range of features, including things beyond what would normally be used for the stock classes.

>classes never really translated to in-game lore
Not directly, but most of the classes translate to some concept in the lore. A Knight isn't mechanically all that different from a Crusader, but being a Knight has some meaning in the lore. Most of the classes work this way. Sorcerer just really seems to be another word for "magical dude".
>>
>>44388481
>being a Knight has some meaning in the lore.
In Daggerfall, and to some extent Cyrodiil, it has I agree. But at the same time, a knight in Betony is completely different from a knight in Ald Ruhn. They are both knights. Crusader, Monk, Acrobat, Assassin these are all very vague definitions of profession. What classes are supposed to be in terms of lore, is your ranking in the factions in my opinion. Okay cool you're a knight but are you a Fighters Guild defender, House Redoran protector or are you an Imperial Legionnaire now THAT, tells us what being a knight means in Tamriel.
>>
>>44388613
Sure, there's regional and cultural differences to everything, as well as there being no clear cut lines. After all, you could easily have a culture where the title of Knight is more a social station or a purely formal title, but a person holding the title of Knight is actually closer to what another culture would call a Battlemage. Or something like that.
My observation, aside from the fact that the mechanics of the Sorcerer class has changed a lot, is that being a Sorcerer doesn't really seem to be a thing of its own. I could call someone a Knight, an Acrobat or a Battlemage, and you'd have some idea of what that means, and presumably have some idea of why these are different. You idea of what these are would vary on your cultural background, but you could most likely agree that these are all things, and probably agree that they are different things.
Meanwhile I could call use the terms Sorcerer, Wizard and Mage, and there doesn't really seem like you'd make and distinction between them. Well, wizard maybe, since the Telvanni use it as a title, but there really seems no difference between Mages and Sorcerers, which I just found a little odd, compared to most other classes.
>>
File: 14401767815180.jpg (84 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
14401767815180.jpg
84 KB, 900x900
>>
anyone who supported the Stormcloak rebellion is a shitter that didn't pay attention.
>>
On the First day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] gave to me
>A Heart which is to be set free.

On the Second day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Two Eyes of Magnus
>And a Heart which is to be set free.

On the Third day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Fourth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Fifth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Sixth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Seventh day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Seven Swordsmen Singin'
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Eighth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Eight Monkeys Dancing
>Seven Swordsmen Singin'
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Ninth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Nine Limbs of Heavens
>Eight Monkeys Dancing
>Seven Swordsmen Singin'
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Tenth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Ten Tribes of Altmer
>Nine Limbs of Heavens
>Eight Monkeys Dancing
>Seven Swordsmen Singin'
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus
>>
>>44391006
On the Eleventh day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Eleven Sacred Forces
>Ten Tribes of Altmer
>Nine Limbs of Heavens
>Eight Monkeys Dancing
>Seven Swordsmen Singin'
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus

On the Twelfth day of New Life [FORBIDDEN] sent to me
>Twelve Dreamers Dreaming
>Eleven Sacred Forces
>Ten Tribes of Altmer
>Nine Limbs of Heavens
>Eight Monkeys Dancing
>Seven Swordsmen Singin'
>Six Ways of Walking
>Five Dragon Breaks
>Four Trouble Corners
>Three Living Gods
>Two Eyes of Magnus
>>
>>44374648
Lorkhan
>>
>>44390932
>Not believing in freedom at any cost

Piss skin detected guys
>>
>>44391015
Beautiful, Anon.
>>
>>44391006
>dragon break is where the tempi changes
Well done
>>
>>44391522
>>44391582
As much as I'd like to hoard the credits, I shamelessly stole it from teslore.
>>
>>44374648
Talos was somewhere between George Washington, Martin Luther, and Napoleon.

Lorkhan is kinda Jesus & Satan both.

Indoril Nerevar and/or his reincarnation might of been, had the Nerevarine cult survived the Red Year.
>>
>>44382857
There are more bandits than law abiding cityfolk, at least in Cyrodil. They therefore spend more time robbing each other than Joe Traveller.

Usually you're wearing the same gear they are, so they assume you're just another walking pile of loot & xp bandit.
>>
The worst thing about the TES series are the games
>>
File: 2015-12-26_22-30-27.png (499 KB, 994x452) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26_22-30-27.png
499 KB, 994x452
>tfw your khajiiti sorceress becomes a murder machine because you've written retarded rules
>>
File: 1451165676061.png (90 KB, 761x439) Image search: [Google]
1451165676061.png
90 KB, 761x439
>>44393594
This.
>>44394173
When did it go so smug
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
file.png
55 KB, 229x220
>>44395652
>asking why a cat is smug
>>
File: 1257230_84029_orig.jpg (3 MB, 4440x2328) Image search: [Google]
1257230_84029_orig.jpg
3 MB, 4440x2328
what are still some things in TES that are a complate mystery?

>inb4 Eye of Magnus
>>
File: Trebonius_Artorius.png (629 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Trebonius_Artorius.png
629 KB, 600x1000
>>44397888
The disappearance of dwarves.
>>
>>44391404
>Playing into the hands of a bigoted despot who was a sleeper agent for the Thalmor the whole time.
>>
File: big v.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2663) Image search: [Google]
big v.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2663
>>44397935
>Trebonius pls go
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1402722-dwemer-speculation/page-4?p=21387707
>>
File: 1346306776653.jpg (388 KB, 1280x891) Image search: [Google]
1346306776653.jpg
388 KB, 1280x891
>>44397888
The magic behind the Augur of Dunlain and what he/it is now.

What acutally happened to cause Winterfell to be destroyed

What really happened during the Warp in the West with Mannimarco

Whether the Nerevarine actually mantled Nerevar or if it was all a plot by Azura (and what happened to the Nerevarine after the events of Morrowind. Did they reach Akaviir or did the boat sink? Did Azura have a hand in their disappearance?)

Can anyone who's really good with magic make daughters/wives/clones or is Divayth Fyr special in that regard?

Can Argonians/Saxhleel create offspring with men/mer?

Do Khajiit actually have barbs on their dicks after 3E 1?

These are all very important mysteries.
>>
>>44391404
>>44398008
Let's get this str8
>The Empire
A weak shell of its former self, all empires must rise and fall and this one shall do the same.

>The Stormcloaks
They dont realize that Skyrim needs to be a part of some kind of empire to live. Lost trade and communications with the rest of civilized society is a huge burden and a huge hit to the skyrim society. If Skyrim doesnt have trade, Skyrim falls. The Bretons and Dunmer would easily be able to overpower the Nordic people as they will have no help from the empire to defend themselves

>The Thalmor/Dominion
Wanting to take over the continent? That sounds very familiar. Remind you of the progenitors of any empires? Though the Dominion is even more brutal than Tiber was. Or are they? Im not quite sure.

I.E. All 3 factions are trash

This is just my view. Feel free to change my mind
>>
>>44398076
>Can Argonians/Saxhleel create offspring with men/mer?
No.

>Do Khajiit actually have barbs on their dicks after 3E 1?
Yes.
>>
>>44398098
>Dunmer would easily be able to overpower the Nordic people
You do realize that Dunmer are almost completely BTFO right?
>>
>>44398098
>The Bretons and Dunmer would easily be able to overpower the Nordic people
The Bretons are not unified outside of their allegiance to the Empire, and the Dunmer couldn't mount a threat to anyone.
>>
File: mux2g2a84ueh.gif (59 KB, 461x425) Image search: [Google]
mux2g2a84ueh.gif
59 KB, 461x425
>you're in the clud and this guy slaps your gf's ass
>he then slaps your ass
>wut do?
>>
>>44398596
slap his ass back and wink at him
>>
pls don't be kill
>>
File: vivec.png (4 MB, 1440x2028) Image search: [Google]
vivec.png
4 MB, 1440x2028
>>44400977
>When I die in the world of time, then I'm completely asleep. I'm very much aware that all I have to do is choose to wake. And I'm alive again. Many times I have very deliberately tried to wait patiently, a very long, long time before choosing to wake up. And no matter how long it feels like I wait, it always appears, when I wake up, that no time has passed at all.
My Elder Scrolls games have all paused due to holiday scheduling and I'm going through withdrawal. I imagine most people who'd ordinarily post here are in similar circumstances.
>>
File: 1381128038081.jpg (16 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
1381128038081.jpg
16 KB, 500x268
>>44398596
>>44398750
tail lifting intensifies
>>
>>44398076
>What really happened during the Warp in the West with Mannimarco
Ascended into God and became a Lich and continued as a mortal
It's like you haven't even played it or something
>>
File: the real fucking king.png (116 KB, 191x472) Image search: [Google]
the real fucking king.png
116 KB, 191x472
>>44398076
>What really happened during the Warp in the West with Mannimarco
Well, apparently after the Dragon Break the Jills split Mannimarco from his god-form, leaving his mortal self and the Necromancer's moon.
Though I find it much more pleasing to just say that Lord Voldemarco was never the fucking King of Worms to begin with.
>>
Does anyone feel like people are too cynical when they imagine the sixth elder scrolls game as even easier than skyrim?
Skyrim sold a ton of copies why wouldn't Bethesda actually stick to how that works and build upon it?
>>
>>44398076
>Can anyone who's really good with magic make daughters/wives/clones or is Divayth Fyr special in that regard?
>made with sample of his own flesh infected with corpus disease.

Posible but dangerous. Also we don't know if divine disease was undone with defeat of Ur.

Why? Wanna bring lost races back?
>>
>>44401370
Goddamnitanon
>>
File: 1445537506153.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1644) Image search: [Google]
1445537506153.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1644
>>44404135
Speaking of lost races, wasn't that Snow Elf an avatar of Auri-El or am I misdismembering shit?
>>
>>44404383
Pretty sure he was just a paladin of Auri-El unless im missing some deep lore about him.
>>
>>44403557
>Skyrim
>easy

not if you're playing requiem
>>
>>44382857
>bandits in a land where a demigod hones their talent by slaughtering contentious things
>why are they jumpy about noises when any sound could be that of the hero of the people come to test a new power?
>>
>>44374648
If we're talking Gnostic Jesus, then definitely Vivec.
>>
Whats it like being a Breton woman in the Empire? The shortest person wherever you go?
>>
>>44397888
>Where in the World is Vehk and Vehk the Liar?
>>
>>44405671
who are bosmer
>>
>>44373680
>>44373974
Is there a mod for Skyrim which adds snow whales?

There should be.
>>
>>44398098
>Though the Dominion is even more brutal than Tiber was. Or are they? Im not quite sure.
No, they aren't using a giant robot that systematically removes things from existence on all civilian targets in a single province...at the same time. They're using good old fashioned conventional weapons. That includes advanced magic. Talos isn't as bad (I guess) because the ends somewhat justified the means, but only barely. I still refer to Talos as "Tiber "war crimes" Septim".
>>
>>44405697
Taller than Breton women
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 511x428
>>44403557
Bethesda does what they think will satisfy as many of their fans as possible. They're still a one-game-at-a-time company, they're just really popular now. It'll probably be roughly as easy, maybe a little more or less, but it'll probably be a different kind of easy/challenging. Oblivion-to-Skyrim had a similar deal.
Not much, numerically speaking, changed between the two. Graphics, VA work, and physics improved.
Leveling, interaction, and combat were simplified, but the actual world itself had more complicated concepts introduced, like gathering ingredients to build a lodging in the tundra. In oblivion, you bought a house, maybe payed to fix it up, and that's it. Skyrim requires you to buy furnishings, or if you're building a home, make the furnishings yourself, which can be tedious and maybe even difficult if you need a hard-to-find ingredient because you're too low a level to get it yet.
TES6 will likely be a similar change. A few things might be simpler, or less difficult to navigate, but a few things will be more complicated or a new concept will be added that is unfamiliar and therefore harder to navigate because its unfamiliar. Skyrim's interface is easy enough, hell they might have heard the feedback and bumped the difficulty a bit, who knows what they're up to. Until Fallout 4 and its content are wrapped up, we won't know a damn thing.
>>
File: 1440217214930.jpg (1 MB, 2132x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440217214930.jpg
1 MB, 2132x1200
>>44405815
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Races
0.5 higher that bosmer male.
>>
>>44406068
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races
Bosmer males listed at 0.98, Breton women at 0.95 interestingly khajiit are also 0.95 but don't look it at all
>>
>>44406271
Bosmer males are lower in both Morrowind and Oblivion, and it's by a more significant degree than the size difference in Skyrim. On average, Bosmer males are the shortest of them all. I've done the math before.
It makes considerably more sense in regards to the lore as well, which would ultimately be the determining factor.
Bosmer males are just ugly fucking goblins.
>>
>>44406307
Grandchampion of the Arena plz go away
>>
>>44406307
Well to be fair every face in vanilla morrowind and oblivion is butt ugly. I for one am totaly for alien look of mer in Skyrim.
>>
File: file.png (252 KB, 708x798) Image search: [Google]
file.png
252 KB, 708x798
>>44406337
Bosmer scum pls go

>>44406348
I'm not talking about how they look in the games, or how the Morrowind faces look.
Male Bosmer are ugly, alien freaks. The women aren't that great either, but they cover it up with their glamour spells, so you can at the very least pretend that they're good looking. Picture very much related.
>>
>>44406420
Well judging by that pic i understant why someone would believe that wild hunt never ends. Sauce for argument sake.
>>
>>44406476
Source on that picture? It's Morrowind concept art.
>>
File: Breton.jpg (193 KB, 800x1051) Image search: [Google]
Breton.jpg
193 KB, 800x1051
>>44406476
Bosmer are not the only ones who are prone to this type of dysmorphism. From time to time, Bretons also display some physical features that might be considered inhuman.
>>
>>44406646
You could probably explain most of his weirdness by the fact that he's a mage, and by the looks of it, a rather feral one as well.
>>
>>44406646
>>44406807
The goat leg is the result of fiddling around with dark magic. His face was inspired by Uncle Ken, too.

That and the Argonian healer one were MK's concepts for action figures/statues. Bethesda was thinking about producing some back then. Now they of course have those Skyrim and ESO statues.
>>
>>44406922
>dark magic
Is that a thing these days?
>>
>>44406956
Daedric magic.
>>
>>44406807
Probably.
Other races don't show such features though. It also makes sense that Bretons could be susceptible to these acquired changes since they are not exactly the pinnacle of hereditary stability. As manmer, I wouldn't be surprised if their body is a battlefield for phenotypic dominance between elven features and human features. Since all types of elves have some sort of metaphysical contract or tempering to keep their physical forms stable (Khajiit with the moons, Bosmer with earthbones, Altmer have made some changes on their bodies along history eg. Phynaster's teachings, Dunmer are bound to their forms by Azura, Orsimer unbound from their stabilizer by Boethiah and so on). Elven blood unbound to a stabilizer may change, as seen with Falmer and maybe Argonians but who really knows.

I may be just rambling or making up excuses to support what I'm saying but I really love the idea of Bretons as antagonists in elven bedtime stories, like "...men with tongues like snakes came to the village and kidnapped children who didn't heed to the words of their elders!" but in reality, those types are pretty much confined to Reachmen communities.
>>
File: file.png (562 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
562 KB, 800x800
>>44406922
To bad we never got MK's concepts.
He has a pretty fun style, and I feel like it captures the feel of the TES I like the most better than some (but definitely not all) of the current art.
Just look at this pic. This is the current ESO Breton statue. Nothing about this says Breton to me. It's completely forgettable, and could literally be any character from any franchise. If out take that MK drawing instead, there's been a good while since I last looked at it, but it has a pretty memorable appearance.

>>44406956
Sure, it just comes down to what you mean by dark magic.
>>
>>44407015
In my head the TES world is a mixture between the style of MK and Adam Adamowitz.
>>
>>44406984
How is that different from normal magicks?
>>
>>44407089
It's unsanctioned, untested and unsafe.
>>
>>44398471
When crisis comes, all of Highrock unites and puts a side rivalry and fights under one banner.
When at peace, they fight each other.
>>
>>44406989
Nah, Bretons are pretty stable. I'd actually be surprised to see a Breton change shape unless it was on purpose, considering they are hugely resistant to magic. Maybe somebody tried to turn him into a deer and his resistance made only one leg change?
>>
>>44407089
In the same way black magicks are always different from normal magicks.
>>
>>44407246
That's actually a pretty funny and great idea. But what if the Breton spell resistance actually stems from how magic acts unpredictable around them so the caster doesn't know how exactly to exert the effect he wants with the spell. Because think about it, Breton's don't have a difficulty gaining benefits from items or casting spells on themselves, so the resistance must be against an external force.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>44407055
>Adam Adamowitz
Adamowitz was great, and it's a real shame that he's gone. Shame he won't be there for the next TES.

>>44407164
Well, sometimes. And even then, High Rock has fallen to the Nords before.
Regardless, the Anon I replied to was talking about the Bretons "overpowering" newly independent Nords, as if Skyrim was at risk of seeing themselves threatened by High Rock. The Bretons might unite to repel an invasion, but they'd be hard pressed to unite to invade. It's a far-fetched scenario.

High Rock isn't really doing that well these days either. Sure, they're doing better than some of the provinces ravaged the hardest by the Great War, but one of its most important cities, Wayrest was actually captured by Corsairs rather recently.
>>
>>44407249
>>44407089
>>44407015
>>44406984
>>44406956
>>44406922
"Dark magic" is just magic people disapprove of. Reachmen practice nature magic that is evolved from Aylied and Orcish magics. The reason that you see more Reachman Shamans and Druids is because Bretons are better at magic than Orcs and unlike Orcs, don't have a room temperature IQ.
>>
>>44407325
But that's what I said.
>>
File: 1374447269146.png (156 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
1374447269146.png
156 KB, 450x495
>>44407325
>Orcish magics
>>
>>44407339
I was adding on to it, anon.
>>
>>44407346
Yeah, like "club to face" or "crouch".
>>
>>44407346
I believe that it's mentioned in the imperial guide to Highrock. I'm also sure that the worship of Y'ffre has to do with it or at least helps.
>>
>>44407358
More "Squat", than "Crouch".
>>
>>44407325
It probably doesn't help that a good deal of Orsimer lack actual magical culture or institutions either. If you're an Altmer, it's pretty easy to become some sort of magician, because you're born into a culture where magic is commonplace, and there's places where you can be formally trained in it. Same goes to Bretons.
Reachmen also have a a natural aptitude for magic, and while I doubt they've got much in the way of formal schooling, they still have a culture filled with magic.
Hell, Nords aren't known to be the brightest or most magically gifted, but they still manage to produce some fine mages because they've got a College where you can learn all sorts of magical shit.
But if you're an Orc, most people you live with don't know shit about magic, you probably don't have the talent for it, there's no real culture for it, and I highly doubt most Orcs have a easy way getting into schools where they teach magic. At least not good ones. So even if you have the talent, you probably won't really use it for anything.
>>
File: Urag_gro-Shub.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Urag_gro-Shub.png
1 MB, 600x1000
>>44407346
You makin' fun of Orsimer that use magic son?
>>
>>44407299
The resistance is because they are weaned on magic, and gradually build a resistance, or so is commonly thought since they never gave a straight answer.
Resistance only applies to harmful magic, not where it comes from. With 100% resistance, you can wear The Boots of Blinding Speed without becoming blind, while still becoming The Flash. You can also drink drik and never get drunk except for the strength bonus, and still cast positive spells on yourself.
It makes me wonder what is and what is not positive. I suppose it's whatever the affected person decides.
>>
>>44407498
Is Urag even a mage? I don't think he is, at least not a accomplished one. He's mostly just well-read and really knowledgable. He certainly understands a lot about magic, but I don't think he has the talent for it.
>>
>>44407478
There are about two Nords in that college.
>>
>>44407559
He can summon atronochs. Even threatened about it.
>>
File: 600px-MW-npc-Sharn_gra-Muzgob.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Sharn_gra-Muzgob.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
>>44407498
Yes. Yes I am. Because shit-elves are shit at elven shit.
>>44407592
Literally every single dark elf can summon a ghost. A dark elf created an entire new breed of atronachs in service to Sheogorath. While orcs are too busy worshipping Daedra, dark elves took over their spheres. Face the music anon.
>>
>>44407568
Well, now there are. Nords can still make for good mages once in a while. Shalidor was a Nord.
>>
>>44407634
Anon, I don't even like orcs. I'm just saying what is said in Skyrim.
That being said, Orcs are tied with Bosmer for worst elf, Altmer are tried with Dunmer for best elf.
>>
>>44401998
It was my understanding that what happened with Mannimarco was never officially confirmed, but rather left open to interpretation. I would love to be wrong about that though.
>>
>>44407634
That's a spiritual thing more than a mage thing. Although, any conjurer can call upon their ancestors.
>>
>>44407742
>any conjurer can call upon their ancestors
Possibly, yes, if they are into that type of shit. But a dunmer farmer or a beggar can summon their ancestor. Now that's some serious swag.
>>
>>44405722
they are not compared to nazi for no reason.
Ffs they hunted and killed all dissidents in dagerfall in way that pretty closely resembles Kristallnacht.
>>
>>44407544
Can you imagine altmer mage utilizing harmfull efects in his spell to strenghten his spell via magick weakness?
Or rephrased: shouldn't resistance/weakness aply to all effects regardless of it's harm/benefit?
>>
>>44408190
Subconscious on the receiver's part, at least when unconscious and before training it as older?
>>
>>44407788
It's part of their religion, which is pretty cool.
I wonder if summoning familiars is a Breton thing, or if talking to animals is something Bosmer normally do.
>>
>>44408190
Harmful effects. Positive effects are unaffected.
>>
>>44409005
>talking to animals is something Bosmer normally do.
Wait what
>>
>>44409713
Their in-game racial ability.
>>
>>44410090
What
>>
>>44410195
>>44410090
With all the love I have for /tgesg/, I can't bare the habit of trying to disclose only part of the whole information here.

Anon, he's talking about the Bosmer racial ability in Morrowind. Go to uesp and check it out, it's Calm Creature if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>44407089
>instead of chow mein you get a boiled cat's baby-back ribs and a side of fermented yaks milk.
It's weirder less restrained magic. Still within the realms of possibility, minus that whole "I'm a mortal how could I do this" issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (772 KB, 1280x1001) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
772 KB, 1280x1001
>>44407498
Yes. Is that a problem?
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 1134x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 1134x953
>>44408025
>hunted and killed all dissidents in Daggerfall
So did the Alessian incursions, except they did that everywhere. The altmer are terrible, I'm not disagreeing. I'm disagreeing that they're much worse than anyone else in particular. Everyone in tamriel has done terrible shit to each other.
>argonians slaughtered countless dunmer across morrowind, on or off the battlefield as an act of vengeance
>Khajiit are always bordering on attempting a purge of valenwood, and i think they took in some Ayyyleids after they got booted from cyrodiil, though that might've been many people
>Bosmer have their wild hunts killing gods know how many
>dunmer are the dunmer, I shouldn't have to explain the finer points here of all places
>nords wiped out an entire race of elves because they existed in the same area the nords wanted to settle in, then they bullshitted for millennia that they were always from Skyrim so they wouldn't look like cocks
>imperials enacted harsh and complete vengeance on the Ayleids for the actions of about half of them, likely extinct of bred into other merish groups, not to mention the whole numidium thing
>Redguards destroyed a continent to end a bitter rivalry
>Bretons were enablers for their Aldmeri rulers at the beginning, but they're mostly terrible to themselves
>orcs are violent bastards, but they really didn't do much as a singular entity, they're terrible on a personal level mostly
And of course
>altmer have been elitist pricks since the beginning, responsible for the dunmer, Ayleids, and lord knows who else. The Thalmor are essentially an organized revenge fantasy for having to bow to the empire of a man that numidium'd their major cities, and they do regularly revel in the power that brings, no apologetics here, they're fucked up
But no more fucked up than anyone else.
>but the undoing creation thing!
-is a plan known only to a cabal of the higher ups in Thalmor leadership. Altmer like existence too. It's a secret for a reason.
>>
>>44409005
I'd be kind of vary of taking the in-game racial effects so literally. The ability to summon Ancestor Spirits hasn't always been a ability the standard player character has.
In Skyrim, all Altmer are guaranteed to start with the Fury spell. Does that mean that all Altmer, without a fault, learn that spell as a racial ability? No. It just means that this is what a Dragonborn Altmer is likely to start with. Just look at how much racial features change over time.
Or take this example; in Skyrim, Nord PCs start with a bonus to Two Handed. Does this mean all Nords are racially guaranteed to be better with two handed weapons? No.

Some Dunmer certainly can summon the spirits of their ancestors, and that's pretty fucking cool, but to assume that this is something that just any Dunmer can do, because it was a racial ability in Oblivion and Skyrim, is kind of like insisting that the Blue Palace is inhabited by seven people and a handful of guards.
>>
>>44410270
Command Creature up to like lvl.10, actually.
>>
File: 1344364586289.jpg (50 KB, 217x216) Image search: [Google]
1344364586289.jpg
50 KB, 217x216
>>44410270
I was genuinely under the impression that this was common knowledge. Half the questions here could be answered by reading the UESP article.
>>
>>44409005
The player character in any given Elder Scrolls game is a paragon of their race. Most people can't berserk/shout/become a font of magic/etc. any more than they can cast flames or heal at will.
>>
>>44410752
>Khajiit are always bordering on attempting a purge of valenwood
To be fair, it's not like the Bosmer wouldn't purge Elsweyr if they had the chance. Luckily they're too incompetent to do anything like that.

>and i think they took in some Ayyyleids
I'm pretty sure that you've got that wrong. It was the Bosmer who took in the Ayylamos.
The Khajiit did however take in Tsaesci refugees following Attrebus' racial purges in Cyrodiil.
>>
>>44411005
Bosmer are like Morag Tong assassins: they're less cool the more of them there are in one place.
>>
So, the Dwemer already lived in the North-East of Tamriel when the Velothi first arrived, right?
When did the Dwemer leave Summerset Isle? When did the proto-Bosmer/Khajiit leave?
>>
>>44410270
Isn't that like the Imperial peace shouting, thematically almost fitting and every race needs some ability so shove it right in
>>
>>44411247
the Dwemer lived in primarily Vvardenfell, Skyrim, and Hammerfell

we dunno when the dwemer left summerset, or if they were even in summerset. their society has no remnants of altmer society so its theorized that the dwemer left the isles earlier than anyone else, and are direct ancestors to the aldmer.

Might be wrong tho.
>>
>>44411005
>Luckily they're too incompetent to do anything like that.
The altmer might have promised something like that to get them to join their empire though
>>
Just played a bit of ESO, and it's not that bad. I'll probably buy and play it around January, if you guys have a guild, I'll join.
>>
>>44411247
The same time.
>>
>>44411247
Elven folk did not disperse from Summerset, their common ancestral home was most probably Aldmeris. Aldmeris can mean many things, perhaps it's a real continent or perhaps it's just a title. Whatever it is, it is NOT Summerset.

Summerset Isles were their first refuge after something happened to Aldmeris, which is open for debate. This might be nothing more than allegorical propaganda of Ald(t)mer supremacists.
>>
>>44412008
So the Dwemer were just never there in the first place, and neither were the proto-Bosmer?
>>
>>44412227
Even if they were, it must have been before they could be called "Dwemer" rather than Aldmer.
>>
>>44410752
>nords wiped out an entire race of elves because they existed in the same area the nords wanted to settle in, then they bullshitted for millennia that they were always from Skyrim so they wouldn't look like cocks
Why do people always say this? It is never even once stated anywhere that the Nords killed off the Snow Elves, in fact it is made quite blatantly clear that the majority of their race took refuge with the Dwemer after their devastating loss at Moesring.
>>
>>44413475
Not that anon, but Gelebor states that the Snow Elves were facing extinction due to the Nords and had to turn to the Dwemer for safety.

>Who were your people? "We were once a wealthy and prosperous society that occupied a portion of Skyrim. Unfortunately, we were constantly at war with the Nords who claimed the land as their ancestral home. We had always maintained an uneasy alliance with the underground-dwelling dwarves, and when faced with extinction we turned to them for help.

www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Knight-Paladin_Gelebor

I think what that anon was getting at was that they either stayed to fight, or ran and hid. So, certainly, while the Nords didn't kill every last one of them, they ended up having to run to the Dwemer for assistance or they would have ended up being killed to the last eventually (well, probably).
>>
>>44411665
Valenwood was brought into the Dominion by a Thalmor-backed coup and an expulsion of Imperial supporters.
Besides, it's kind of a mood point right now, because the Elsweyr Confederacy has been dissolved and both Anaquina and Peletine are Dominion client states.
>>
>>44409005
I thought Bretons tried to distance themselves from the weirder aspects of their Elvish ancestry since they were bred to be slaves.
>>
So who are Karliah's parents? It's either Morgiah or Hlaalu Helseth, or perhaps a 3rd unknown child of Barenziah.
>>
>>44414601
What? No, it's sort of a blend, like how Mexicans speak Spanish and have a lot of Spanish tradition even if they're not the same.
What I was referring to is how Bretons start with the ability to summon a Familiar in Skyrim. It would make sense in that their culture is heavily steeped in Magic. I could even see it as some sort of spirit animal guide.
>>
>>44397935
Side effect of trying to power their civilization with the heart of a dead god. Bamfed the lot of them to who knows where across the world all at once, if the experiment at the College of Winterhold was a smaller scale indicator of this.
>>
Somebody ask a weird question.
>>
>>44417226
I almost called bullshit.

But then I remembered my last Breton playthrough and it is your starting spell (also fire I think). Only reason I was confused was because I thought you were talking about racial ability.

As for that you might be onto something there. Bretons are adept at conjuration. Since most Mer worship the daedra it'd be interesting to see this explained as the Bretons as a race being minor bridges/fractures into Oblivion.
>>
File: Martin Septim.jpg (369 KB, 900x1260) Image search: [Google]
Martin Septim.jpg
369 KB, 900x1260
>>44374648
Either Lorkhan or Martin Septim, but I gotta say, in any case it's going to be a real stretch. All things considered, probably Martin.

>Dragonborn, therefore technically part of Akatosh
>Humble beginnings
>Deeply religious
>Sacrifices himself to save the world
>In sacrificing himself becomes Akatosh

Still a huge stretch, but yeah, I think Martin would be the most similar to Jesus.
>>
>>44407015
The problem, I think, is that MK crossed the line from "interesting" into "everything is ugly as sin." He seemed really dedicated to an incredibly surreal vision of TES.

I'm okay with having Imperials be equal parts Roman and Asian. I'm a little creeped out by some of his concept art of them, particularly the one with the bloated Imperial noble.
>>
>>44404383
No. Only a servant, not a mantling.
>>
>>44413475
>nord apologist detected
>>
>>44410752
>Khajiit are always bordering on attempting a purge of valenwood

The Bosmer deserve it, they are truly the worst elves.

>Imperials enacted harsh and complete vengeance on the Ayleids for the actions of about half of them

PELINAL DID NOTHING WRONG

PRAISE AKATOSH

GAS THE ELVES, RACE WAR NOW
>>
File: 1390054845616.jpg (205 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1390054845616.jpg
205 KB, 1280x960
>>44417979
Ironically, everything did end up looking ugly as sin and incredibly deformed. Except in a lame generic fantasy tripe way rather than in a surreal whimsical fantasy way.
Oblivion potato heads notwithstanding since evidence rather points towards them being the result of bethesda modelers actually trying to make human beings and failing spectacularly
>>
File: Harkonnen.jpg (122 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Harkonnen.jpg
122 KB, 600x336
>>44417979
Sup?
>>
>>44418198
I just feel like MK took some cool concepts and then went full retard with them. Bethesda, being staffed with highly talented retards, realized that MK went too far, and proceeded to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Mind you, I don't mind "generic" to a degree, I adore the Knights of the Nine questline and it does not get any more "traditional high fantasy" than that. With that said, however, why couldn't Cyrodiil have been a mixture of weird and normal fantasy?

>Heartland and Nibenay Basin: Rome meets Asia
>Colovian Highlands: Rome meets Scandinavia
>Black Forest: Rome meets South Carolina
>West Weald: Rome meets European fantasy
>Gold Coast: European fantasy meets Persia

I love Oblivion, but man did they miss out on some cool opportunities.
>>
>>44418330
>I adore the Knights of the Nine questline
You know, he worked on that too.
>>
>>44418785
I thought he didn't work on Oblivion?
>>
>>44418936
He did. He worked on at least both the main quest and Knights of the Nine. Almost everything we know about Mankar, Pelinal and the Ayleids comes from him.
>>
>>44413933
Alternatively, both the Nords and Gelebor are unreliable narrators who remember history the way that makes them look the most sympathetic, a la Vivec's understanding of "truth"
>>
>>44418096
To quote the dragonborn
>Umaril did nothing wrong, humanity struck first
>>
>>44418330
I liked the swamps in oblivion. They had a lot of potential. Really hard to keep track of trolls too.
>>
>>44419364
Swamps?
>>
>>44417979
I'm not really bothered by that, and I've never though that a lot of it is really ugly. The Breton Mage, for example, has always just struck me as really cool. It wasn't before now, with your post, that it hit me that some might think the guy's ugly. And then again, I don't really see it as such myself.

I don't think MK crossed some line, aside from crossing from "boring" to "not boring".
>>
>>44418330
>Bethesda, being staffed with highly talented retards
Retards who no longer have the balls to even attempt to visually distinguish themselves as a franchise. The wast majority of stuff in Oblivion and Skyrim looks completely soulless and uninspired.
>>
File: 1445213498254.png (2 MB, 960x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445213498254.png
2 MB, 960x1000
>>44422949
pic related is not an exception or an isolated case and you know it. don't be too harsh on oblivion and skyrim, you don't realize the blandness of it all before spending at least 50 hours in the game.
>>
>>44422949
Uninspired my ass. Do you play a lot of other games with things like Stavkirke-inspired keeps?
>>
File: Dragonsreach.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dragonsreach.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1080
>>44423800
Forgot pic
>>
>>44423632
Adamowicz was a visionary. His concept art for Skyrim is beautiful.

It's just that the end result is the basic idea behind Adam's art twisted and plain'd into basic, bland and boring shit.
>>
File: Dwemer_Sphere_Traps.jpg (2 MB, 3816x4800) Image search: [Google]
Dwemer_Sphere_Traps.jpg
2 MB, 3816x4800
>>44423810
They definitely took the edge off his stuff, but those are the compromises you make when you actually have to sit down and make a game. And there's still a lot incredible pieces of design going on in the game.
>>
So ESO is going to have a Clockwork City DLC. I hope we learn that far in the future, after Tribunal, SEHT LIVES IN DEATH![\spoiler]
>>
>>44424065
But Seth does live
See Trainwiz stuff
>>
File: 1446903499707.png (59 KB, 904x394) Image search: [Google]
1446903499707.png
59 KB, 904x394
>>44424065
Based on the pic related theory, the Clockwork City DLC would easily work.

Even with all his daedric douchebaggery, Molag Bal would simply be unable to make mere mortals understand Sotha Sil's creation without actually illuminating them lol, Elder Scroll of Chim, so he would only take what is needed to instill a feeling of confusion, meaningless challenges and a sense of triumph, albeit so fake that you can't even enjoy it.

I'm sure the real Sotha Sil would be too preoccupied with banging Almalexia to actually give a crap about all of this.
>>
>>44424354
Did everyone but Nerevar(ine) bang his wife?
>>
>>44424470
I'm pretty sure the only chimer/dunmer who didn't get his way with her was Nerevar.

He was too busy contemplating Vivec's teachings.
>>
What is Stahlrim?
Moonstone was what you made Altmer shit, Malachite uh, no clue, Ebony Lorkhan's blood, Adamantium was Mothsilk, Dwemer was tune'd shit, Daedric was Daedric shit, and glass is glass. I think.
>>
>>44424729
Some kind of magically enhanced ice.
>>
>>44424919
Ah, right, Bloodmoon wasn't it?
>>
>>44424936
I don't think anyone knows how it's made, if that's what you're asking. Hence why it's non-replenishable and precious.
>>
>>44424729
Daedric items are actually daedra semi-permanently bound into items. Or that's what they were back in Daggerfall or whatever, when things still made sense and you couldn't just forge one in your back yard.
>>
>>44425074
I thought it didn't have to be daedra, that are bound into the items. I thought it was simply soulstuff, worked in some forbidden manner.
>>
File: Daedricarrow.png (394 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Daedricarrow.png
394 KB, 750x1000
>>44425074
"He made me into WHAT?"
>>
>>44424729
Glass armor is made from volcanic glass. As of Skyrim it is called malachite. It's also mithril that's made out of moth silk, allegedly, not adamantium. Adamantium is made from scrap metal left over from Dawn Era spaceships.
>>
>>44425074
Oh, yes, it's also otherwise ebony, I think.
>>
>>44425090
No, I'm pretty sure it's Deadra bound into an Ebony form.
>>
>>44425178
>Glass armor is made from volcanic glass
Huh.
>As of Skyrim it is called malachite
What? I thought Malachite was the Glass stuff before Skyrim.
>Adamantium is made from scrap metal left over from Dawn Era spaceships.
What

>>44425090
Nah, Daedroth.
>>
>>44425037
presumably, it was made by ancient Nords through lost magic, if the Dragonborn DLC is to be taken into account. used to further preserve the corpses inside the barrows of Solstheim. It's considered a sacred material for the Skaal.

but yeah, nobody knows what's it made of exactly other than it's ice
>>
>>44425464
With the addition of mining in Skyrim, most of the materials were given names. Malachite, Moonstone, Orichalcum.

Malachite is also an ingredient in Daggerfall, though.

Adamantium = Adamantia.

The Ra'gada have enchanted porcelain armor.
>>
>>44407055
>mixture between the style of MK and Adam Adamowitz
Yes

>>44407015
>It's completely forgettable, and could literally be any character from any franchise

That's ESO in a nutshell.

>>44410484
>Pillar Men Tribunal

All my yes. Awaken my Masters!

Kars: Vivec?
Esidisi : Sotha Sil?
Warmu: Almalexia?
>>
>>44425788
>Nerevarine reincarnations as Joestar family
>>
>>44425788
Man, I fucked up. Switch Sotha and Alamalexia around.
>>
>>44425960
It was me! Dagoth!

>Even Alandro Sul is afraid!
>>
>>44424349
Seht's dead in that
>>
>>44427799
He said Seth, not Seht. Seth McFarlane is alive and well in Wheels of Lull.
>>
>>44426404
>gay dragon is here now
>>
>>44428057
>implying
http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Gods_S#Seth
>>
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI
>>
File: 1424371747513.jpg (2 MB, 2884x4022) Image search: [Google]
1424371747513.jpg
2 MB, 2884x4022
>>44433423
Not if I have anything to say about it.
>>
File: [muatra intensifies].png (892 KB, 921x675) Image search: [Google]
[muatra intensifies].png
892 KB, 921x675
>>44433516
Hey there. Here to judge me for my sins against the followers of Veloth?
>>
File: 1346290234243.png (897 KB, 512x736) Image search: [Google]
1346290234243.png
897 KB, 512x736
Yes.
>>
File: 1435554954976.gif (5 MB, 325x178) Image search: [Google]
1435554954976.gif
5 MB, 325x178
>>44433516
Go back inside crazy cat lady, nobody loves you.
>>
File: Crassius Curio.jpg (24 KB, 489x600) Image search: [Google]
Crassius Curio.jpg
24 KB, 489x600
>>44433635
Oh my, look who's here :* ;)
>>
>>44433669
Go back to writing your smut. It's hot.
>>
File: 1443827226722.jpg (202 KB, 450x900) Image search: [Google]
1443827226722.jpg
202 KB, 450x900
>>44433863
>be foreigner in an excessively racist country full of face melting enthusiasts
>be a business man
>be so good that you are actually a part of one of their pillars of tradition, a Great House
>in fact, become one of the administrators there
>encounter the savior of Morrowind
>no one gives a fuck because they are too preoccupied with jacking off to Her Grace Almalexia
>go against stupid ash-skins and give this hero the chance he needs
>they remember you for your erotic novella

I swear, Tamriel is full of idiots.
>>
>>44424354
>dat pic
My mind is blown. Now THAT is a story I can get behind.
>>
File: 123123141.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
123123141.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>44434011
>I swear, Tamriel is full of idiots.

>After over 3 thousand years of history people still shit in the woods and stab each other with swords.
>There's never been a time in history where majority of the population didn't consist of mud-dwelling bandits and highwaymen.
>There hasn't been any magical or technological advancements ever since 1E, in fact everything seemingly only gets shittier and shittier each era.
>>
>>44434482
There's a reason Alduin ate the world.
>>
>>44434011
>encounter the savior of Morrowind
>give this hero the chance he needs
>but only if he takes his clothes off first
I think that's how he would have wanted to be remembered.
>>
File: Last Night's Storm.jpg (31 KB, 420x480) Image search: [Google]
Last Night's Storm.jpg
31 KB, 420x480
>>44434641
Honestly, I'm surprised the rest of Vvardenfell is able to keep themselves from asking to see the body that is going to free them from the three false kings.
>>
>>44434011
>no one gives a fuck because they are too preoccupied with jacking off to Her Grace Almalexia
I wonder how many Dunmer whack it to Almalexia. Would she be mentally aware of that?
Would she like that?
>>
>>44421646
The southeast corner outside Leyawin, near black marsh.
>>
File: dungeon.png (185 KB, 775x502) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.png
185 KB, 775x502
Anyone have a picture or video comparison of have the brighter dungeons option looks compared to the default for the mod?
>tfw re-installing skyrim, updating, re-sorting and configuring all the mods.

>>44434482
I think the second empire got pretty advanced but it fell back after they collapsed.
>>
>>44422949
Oblivion was poorly inspired, but Skyrim was decently inspired. They had 3 years to cook it up, I'm just hoping they won't default to another human majority province for a third time. Give beast-folk and mer another shot. Black marsh would be comparably easy, versus valenwood or elsweyr. And we'd finally get a game with a lot of lore for argonians.
With less open areas they can focus on up-close impressive features rather than trying to balance grand open mountain ranges with the up-close. Here's hoping.
>>
>>44436261
>>tfw re-installing skyrim

But why? You can just play Morrowind and actually enjoy yourself.
>>
>>44424676
>fuck off, Alma, I'm meditating on reaching Heaven through Violence.
>>
>>44424676
yes he probably got his way with vivec
>>
>>44436719
*yet
>>
I've heard that when a player character dies in game, that they cause a mini Dragon-Break. Is this true?
>>
>>44436313
>Ayem, baby, can't you see I'm busy with all these riddles. He'll be really upset if I'm not done with all these until next Morndas.
>>
>>44437136
>what is 'Load Game'
>>
>>44437136
There was at some point a bit of text (pretty positive it was out of game) that mentions a situation where some imperial troops have records of catching some criminal, and then having some vague memories of it only to find them on the lamb again with no actual record of them being arrested.

I don't think it's a dragonbreak, but some funny out of game text about how NPCs might see a world where saves and reload-on-death is a thing.
>>
>>44437136
Of course.
And stabbig yourself in the eye with a spork is fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1134x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1134x953
>>44425788
>>44425960
>Kars:Vivec
>Esidisi:Alma
>Wamuu:Sotha
Gotta disagree on Vivec. He has the same apathy for immortality Wamuu had, and he was the one who genuinely thought you were a pretty ok person.
Sotha is only seen dead in an advanced room, so he fits Santana perfectly, after the end of his part in Part 2 at least. If anything Dagoth Ur is more Kars, seeking to reshape the world in his image, the whole mask thing, and supplanting the powers that be with being a super-being. Than again a perfect fit, ignoring tribunal connections being necessary, would be Miraak, for largely the same reasons. It helps he's an arrogant ass of a rival.
>>
File: image.jpg (270 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270 KB, 768x1024
>>44434641
>tfw playing fem-Nerevarine and getting to that
>>
>>44437159
>Well, Nerevar, how did your weekend exercise go? Did you solve it?
>Well...you see, I did, right, but my guar ate it.
>come on now, Nerevar, if you're going to lie to me of all people at least make it a good one.
>...honestly, Alma set it fire with Hope's-fire after I said your assignment was more important than accepting her advances.
>pffft, hahaha that's great! Really?
>No, I got distracted by a raving band of Dagon cultists sacrificing Argonian farm hands in the city center.
>well, full and extra credit for your very believable and quickly thought-up cover-story.
>>
File: alma mask.jpg (32 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
alma mask.jpg
32 KB, 500x253
>>44437509
>Dagoth ur is kars
>not Alma
she had a mask too. Look at this thing and tell me you aren't hearing Awaken manually.
>>
>>44437221
That doesn't ring any bells. Was it fanmade?
>>
>>44437935
I don't recall. It was a while ago that I remember seeing this. Maybe 4-6 years ago is memory serves.
>>
Is there a Almalexia follower mod for Skyrim?
>>
File: 1440115038398.jpg (53 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
1440115038398.jpg
53 KB, 736x460
>>44438001
I don't think so, but this is a thing.
>>
>>44425074
I thought they changed that in Morrowind?
>>
>>44436312
Unpopular opinion, but I just can't get into Morrowind. Everything feels like a grind; I think I've been spoiled by Oblivion's well-written quests, since I just can't bring myself to be interested in Morrowind's side content.
>>
File: 1434868843855.png (13 KB, 494x506) Image search: [Google]
1434868843855.png
13 KB, 494x506
>>44439571
>I think I've been spoiled by Oblivion's well-written quests
>>
File: 3242.png (2 KB, 332x38) Image search: [Google]
3242.png
2 KB, 332x38
How high is yours?
>>
>>44439571
Morrowind just wasn't that well written.
>>
What was Almalexias mask in Tribunal?
>>
>>44445908
a boar...i think?
>>
>>44445908
She was attested by Vivec as being snake-faced. Her Daedric Mask reflects this aspect of her by having a forked tongue. The horns and the expression on the face is the threatening visage of a challenger (being the anticipation of boethiah, ayem is a challenger to Nerevarine)
>>
File: 1375564849165.jpg (191 KB, 818x606) Image search: [Google]
1375564849165.jpg
191 KB, 818x606
>>44446077
very good analysis. Top props to you. Nice dubs too
>>
>>44446077
Furthermore, Jubal's family crest is the tusk of the bat-tiger. The combination of a bat and a tiger being, of course, a dragon.

Tosh Raka is, of course, the tiger dragon.

Tigers were at one point native to the Nibenay and occupied a role there analogous to dragons in Skyrim. The tiger was Tiber's favorite.
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1024x576
>>44372666
Let's talk about Dragon Priests. What did they do to get their masks?
>>
>>44446446
We dont know. I like to think the masks are made from torn flesh of the most powerful of dragons.
>>
File: image.png (513 KB, 647x729) Image search: [Google]
image.png
513 KB, 647x729
>>44446568
Wouldn't that be sacrilege to them since they worshipped the dragons? Unless the dragons willingly offered it then I can see it being okay. What really bothers me about the masks is they all look the same. The non DLC ones I mean. Konahrik really stands out. I wished the dragon priest masks reflected the named and the history of the priest wearing it.
>>
>>44446672
I imagine it was willingly. and i also imagine that each mask has different texture and feel to it, and really does look unique, and that bethesda just went blegh with it
>>
File: image.jpg (629 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
629 KB, 1080x1080
>>44446740
I still say the mask should reflect on the name and history of the priest. Take Krosis for example. His name means sorrow, so his mask should have a weeping face on it. I guess the same look could be that the priests wanted a unified look.
>>
File: tumblr_nak98fbgaN1r9eds7o1_1280.png (842 KB, 1012x771) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nak98fbgaN1r9eds7o1_1280.png
842 KB, 1012x771
>>44446837
well they could have done it like TR did it. Like with the "ordinator's in mourning". Make them look similar, but different.
>>
>>44446446
They were probably the head priests of different districts.
>>
>>44446974
That would have been nice.
>>44447060
Well how did they get to that position? How did one even become a dragon priest?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.