[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't find a fucking thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mad-as-hell-2.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mad-as-hell-2.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1200
So I've been wanting to try playing dnd for about 2 weeks now. I've never played before but I'm familiar with a decent amount of the mechanics. My problem however is I can't find any sort of game anywhere. I tried the card shops nearby but every time I barely miss the players or they are playing on another night. Then I try roll20.net but then i can't seem to find just a basic game and even then I can't seem to find one that works with my schedule. Idk what else to do, any advice, places to go or look or hell if anyone wants to take me under their wing I'm open for anything.
>>
>>44370908
First, realize that there are some 8+ different versions of D&D with their own mechanics and playstyles, so saying you are "familiar" with the mechanics means nothing.
First, actually try when it comes to the local shops. If they have a bulletin board, put your name on it. If the shop owner isn't willing to help you out, then the shop itself is silly. When it comes to days, you need to make yourself available.
Roll20... eh, I have had no great success on it unless half the group is people I know irl, and your issue of "What D&D am I playing" really pops up.
>>
>>44370908
That sucks.
I live in a small town. An hour to the nearest city of any size. I tried r20, and it wasn't great. At least it was a game, but it wasn't much of one.

I'be got an odd schedule, so game stores are pretty much out.

I feel ya anon.
>>
>>44370964
You said first twice.
> autism triggered
>>
Stop crying bitch boy.

Can't find a game? Time to step up to the plate and DM.
>>
>>44370986
Never played tho my man, so I'm a super newcomer
>>
>>44370964
What I mean is I understand rolls and save checks stuff like that. Not too in depth but I somewhat solid base. And I may have to do that, fix up my schedule or something
>>
>>44370996

So?

D&D is not a hard game to play, nor is it a hard game to run. Everybody was a First Time DM at some point.
>>
Where do you live, anyway? It is not impossible that one of us lives nearby.
>>
>>44371020
I live in North las Vegas nevada
>>
>>44371035

Well I don't live there, but I Googled it for you.

meetup.com/SciFiVegas/
meetup.com/Knights-of-Sin-City/
shopofmagic.com

Hope that helps
>>
>>44371084
Oh shit I haven't even heard of any of these places. I'll def have to check these out
>>
>and even then I can't seem to find one that works with my schedule

Stop being a retard, I'd say.
>>
File: gotmilk.png (2 MB, 735x980) Image search: [Google]
gotmilk.png
2 MB, 735x980
>>44371035
There must be hundreds of groups in las vegas. In my experience most gaming shops have bulletin boards, but failing that you can try posting on a competing popular bulletin board in either the D&D sub or the Las Vegas sub.
>>
>>44370908
Honestly you might try checking reddit to find local players. Since threads don't 404 people can get back to you easier. It's a decent tool for things like that. Try to find a local sub-reddit or one dedicated to roleplay groups. Just make sure you're joining the right king of roleplaying group to avoid embarrassing mixups.
>>
>>44371334
I'll have to check that out then. Probably a good idea
>>
>>44371282
I actually didn't know about the bulletin board thing. I was just told to go find a dnd encounter to go to
>>
File: untilismile.jpg (57 KB, 1373x262) Image search: [Google]
untilismile.jpg
57 KB, 1373x262
>>44371282
>>44371334
>>44371410
Oy! I suggested this first.
>>
>>44371429
Lol then I'll give first credit to you and second to them. However you guys have helped alot
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.