[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good adaptation of the tabletop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: mordhein-city-of-the-damned-03.jpg (366 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
mordhein-city-of-the-damned-03.jpg
366 KB, 1280x1024
Is this a good adaptation of the tabletop?
>>
It's a great adaptation of the atmosphere, with solid characters that have awesome depth spread throughout subtlety and not so subtlety.

But table top? Yea sorta, I'm fighting skaven right now in my whfrpg and its going pretty well but were kinda screwed against the hordes you see in the game. Pretty low-level tho
>>
>>44370762
it's more of a xcom warhammer
>>
For theme? Sure does!
Is it the mordheim you loved playing for shenanigans and crazy wall climbing? No.
>>
>>44370762
try Darkest Dungeon instead. Its a sidescroller kind of final fantasy style rpg. You get to pick a 4 person party from about a dozen classes.

It doesn't have a steep learning curve, but its pretty unforgiving desu
>>
>>44371983
Fuck, this game is frustrating. And not in a good way
>>
>>44370762
It's hard as fuck.
>>
>>44373638
>git gud, scrub
The difficulty is completely customizable with the last update.
>>
The Mordheim vidya adaptation is pretty great, I just want to see more content. More warbands, more missions etc.
>>
>>44373663
I understand that anon to be honest, instead of making it more difficult it became more grindy.
>>
>>44373663
yeah nah

My guys go nuts too fast, and fixing them costs too much money. And just dumping htem seems too cheesy
>>
>>44370762
I have been having a blast in Vermintide.
Does Mordheim provide as good Skaven bashing experience?
>>
>>44370762
No. It's a pretty solid video game, don't get me wrong, but it's really not like the tabletop game.
>>
>>44374095
Absolutely, though I find that killing some of the big heavies with the stupid drawback to be pretty easy if you have some ranged damage. They have to roll an intelligence check every turn to see if they're retarded, and Rat Ogres aren't known for their intelligence.

I still haven't gotten in a solid multiplayer game for keeps, it's a scary prospect to go against another player with lives and items on the line.

Also, fuck the great library map, that place is fucking bullshit to navigate.
>>
>>44374095
It provies good getting-bashed-by-skavens experience.
>>
>>44374095

It's a very different game to Vermintide, but I've had a great time in both.

Does /tg/ have a Vermintide group/should there be one?
>>
>>44373717
I agree it has gotten a bit Grundy the longer you go. They need a better advancement pace.
>>
I don't quite know how but I've managed to sink about 70 hours into Mordheim playing both regular empire guys and the nuns.

I think that core loop of gameplay with the fight stuff, get loot, get injuries and level up just really works for me. It's got problems for sure (like it took quite a while to figure out everything and the interface pushes too much to the edge of the screen) but as an xcom-like game that isn't just a clone it's got a lot that goes on to keep it interesting.
That 3rd person control for movement is rather nice, essential for dealing with the complex terrain and keeps you involved where as a more traditional interface would make it less personal.

I also really like that it isn't just an adaptation of the tabletop rules and adds the additional complexity required to keep things interesting and take advantage of the platform.

And for an obvious statement: I'd fucking love to see a Necromunda game in the same style, Mordheim has gotten itself onto a great formula, adapting and polishing it for Necromunda I think would work incredibly well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.