[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orcs are wolflike Elves, deerlike Dwarves, rams? Trolls, bears?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 5.jpg (108 KB, 670x420) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
108 KB, 670x420
Orcs are wolflike
Elves, deerlike
Dwarves, rams?
Trolls, bears?
Human?

Thoughts? Can you think of more animal-like races?
>>
Humans and monkeys are pretty popular pairings.

Or rats.
>>
>>44369922
monkeys, duh.

Also, wargs/worgs aside, I always pegged Orcs as boar-like. Humans usually get the wolf themes just because they're most peoples' favorite animal.
>>
Orcs are definitely boarlike. They have tusks and other pig features.
>>
File: 1438314995711.jpg (83 KB, 1006x795) Image search: [Google]
1438314995711.jpg
83 KB, 1006x795
>>44369936
Halflings are rats, or possibly rabbits.
Humans are definitely just monkeys.
Also I'd propose that orcs are more boar- or bull-like, boar especially because of the tusk teeth thing.

Goblins are bats.
>>
>>44369922
How about we go the other way, finding races to fit animals- specifically the twelve of the Chinese zodiac: dragon, ram/sheep, snake, dog, ox, horse, rat, rooster, pig, tiger, monkey , and rabbit?
>>
File: orc.jpg (72 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
orc.jpg
72 KB, 500x366
>>44369936
How about cats then?
>>44369941
Interesting take. I was thinking orcs like pic related, maybe a bit more wolfish.
>>
>>44369922
Apes. Go full Sun Wukong.
>>
>>44369995
Dragonborn, dwarf, elf, gnoll, ogre, human, goblin, kobold, orc, tiefling, gnome, and halfling, respectively.
>>
File: orc1.jpg (102 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
orc1.jpg
102 KB, 768x432
>>
what animal themes do you give your fantasy people /tg/?
>>
File: changeling female.jpg (419 KB, 950x1100) Image search: [Google]
changeling female.jpg
419 KB, 950x1100
I like my changelings/dopplegangers to be tiger-like to emphasize their solitary and predatory nature, but there is sadly no such art to post along with it. Not as in actually tiger headed, but with mannerisms and some features that are vaguely reminiscent of big cats.
>>
I like the wolf-deer orc-elf predator-pray dynamic. The orcs must hunt the elves to survive. The elves must fight off the orcs to survive. They strengthen each other's race through natural selection.Ram dwarves would also prey of wolf orcs occasionally.

I like the idea of each race having convergently evolved into humanoids from these animals, and they've kept some likeness. Humans could just be humans, having evolved from apes. What would have evolved from cats?
>>
>>44370207
Perfectly designed for orcs in my setting, except they have horns of some kind.

Maybe a little too much in the body hair area, but it looks alright.
>>
File: bald and piglike.png (88 KB, 218x348) Image search: [Google]
bald and piglike.png
88 KB, 218x348
Pig orcs are best orcs.
>>
Humans are basically apes, but the non-ape animals we are closest to in behavior and organization are wolves/dogs.
>>
>>44371413
Thats because we're both social. For wolves thats as far as it goes. For dogs the family mentality is because we literally bred them that way for our personal use. Monkeys can have dynamic relationships in their family, social circles, and communities at large, can gain a sense of wealth and the impact it can bring to social status and its uses such as trading food for toys, toys for food, free groomings to strangers to cultivate debt, and prostitution. they also have generally higher IQ and problem solving skills than most dogs. It's unequivocally monkeys for humans.
>>
>>44369922
Dwarves are badgers didn't you read fucking Mossflower?

Dwarf = badger
Humans = mice
Elves = Rabbits
>>
File: monkey poop.jpg (20 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
monkey poop.jpg
20 KB, 400x250
>>44369922
>Human?
Monkeys, war mongering assholes that are loud but cowardly and settle debates by throwing shit and piss at each other.

It's like we can't even try to deny it...
>>
>>44371643
Badger dwarf! Ah, I think that's even better than rams, thanks.
>>
>>44369922

Elves have various animal traits from wolflike teeth to antlers to having feathers instead of hair. They tell you something of the elf in question. Elves with predatory traits are wild and aggressive and strong, while those with deerlike antlers and large, fawnish eyes are more reclusive, elusive but kind forest folk.
>>
>>44369922

Humans are sheep
>>
File: we've come a long way.jpg (14 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
we've come a long way.jpg
14 KB, 200x252
>>44369922
>orcs
>wolves
mkay
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.