[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-WING Miniatures: Ships to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1450122944762.jpg (1 MB, 1268x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450122944762.jpg
1 MB, 1268x1600
Hey anons

Merry christmas

But really though. I just got XWING for christmas, and I was wondering what kinds of ships I should pick up. I got the TFA starter, so two Ties w/ shields and a X-Wing. I'm thinking of getting an A wing and maybe a Tie Defender or Tie Interceptor.

Any in particular that are really good? Any to avoid like the plague?
>>
>>44369556
The best bet for the defender and interceptor is to get the Imperial Aces/Veterans and single ships. They give you all the pilots for it and some very tasty upgrades and titles. Though you do get a bomber with Veterans. But it really depends if you want to do.
>>
File: tr.png (184 KB, 371x349) Image search: [Google]
tr.png
184 KB, 371x349
>>44369556
Depends on what faction(s) you want to play. If you're playing Imp, you buy an Interceptor or you prove yourself a faggot. And then you buy Imp Aces and run three of the bastards.

I may or may not be biased as a TIE pilot for the 501st.

But Defenders are nice but boring. If you're a tier-monkeying faggot, Phantoms are always capable of getting you punched in the face. And if you want TIE Swarms, you need the TIE pack for Howlrunner.

For Rebs, I don't really know but Poe with BB-8 is an OP fuckface that you can build the rest of your list around. A-Wings are nice and operate much like an even angrier Interceptor, and Reb Aces get you one of those and the beef cake B-Wings.

If you're a tremendous faggot and an Imperial, you'll get a Lambda Shuttle to put Vader into it and create the Anal Reaming Insta Crit Machine.

And then if you're a Scumbag like me, you'll want Most Wanted for the bugzappers and a bulldog Y-Wing, plus one or two Scyks and at least one StarViper. You can add in one of your favorite Bounty Hunters here, too. I particularly love Bossk.
>>
>>44369556
Tie Phantom is give a good punch for the points, something the Imps tend to lack.
>>
>>44369585
Thanks anon.

I'm more talking about the ships themselves though. Are there any ships that are strictly bad?
>>
>>44369615
I've been playing Rebels recently, but I like the imps way more in canon. I like their ships too.

Probs gonna get some intys then, and maybe some A wings
>>
>>44369660
There's literally nothing more manly than a 100 pt game that's nothing but Interceptors and A-Wings slamming into one another in the most Top Gun of fights. It's one of my friend's and mine favorite thing to do.
>>
>>44369712
Oh yes. I can hear it now.
>>
>>44369781
Also, when running Interceptors, you will always run the Most Electrifying Man in Space Combat. And you should always have his wingman Turd Ferguson in the same squad. To do otherwise is to be a big babby man.
>>
>>44369871
Who are these people, since MEM probably isn't a card and Turd isn't a name.
>>
>>44369905
Pic related is Soontir Fel. Named so because the people that drew him took maybe a little bit of inspiration from someone in real life. Maybe just a little? And Turd Ferguson is our group's name for Turr Phennir, coming from Celebrity Jeopardy from SNL. Video related. And the two were squadmates in the 181st.

>https://screen.yahoo.com/celebrity-jeopardy-stewart-reynolds-connery-000000332.html

Also, read Fel's ability. Now combine it with Push the Limit. And meme hard.
>>
>>44369980
I read his part in the Rogue Squadron comics. He was a grade A baller
>>
File: 1450209693211.png (130 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1450209693211.png
130 KB, 600x400
Friend and I are poor fags. We've devised a way to play, without dropping loads on a doable squadron. Instead, we've opted to use Lego's and build miniatures to use.
>>
>>44370105
Thats cool too.

Got pics of your minis?
>>
>>44369634
Not really, but there are ships that really need stuff from later expansions to be good. The Y-wing is a good example. It's not horrible, but it's really not competitive anymore unless you have some of the cards from other rebel sets or Most Wanted.
>>
>>44370105
I have the first two done. Tie Fighters are simple, a polybag set from Target costs $4.33 on the dot.
I will post pics. Give me a few.
>>
>>44369634
Scyk fighter for Scum. HWK for rebels, though twin laser turret improves it. TIE Bomber and TIE Defender for Empire, though they've got patches planned for the near future.

It is really hard to build a 100 point list that is totally garbage in this game- you have to go out of your way to pick up upgrades that are of no use to you and also fly like a complete idiot.
>>
>>44370197
(The Defender is still good, just overcrowded, and the Bomber suffers from the problem that while it's easily the best ordinance delivery platform in the game ordinance as it currently stands kind of sucks due to action economy issues)
>>
>>44370197
Is 100 the standard amount of points for matches or something? I've played sets of 50, 40 and 30 respectively amongst friends.
>>
>>44370197
I don't know about the Scyk, but the HWK is pretty good for giving out free focus tokens or attack dice. It's also a cheap turret boat, which, all together, makes it good as a wingman for a better ship.
>>
>>44370218
What about that 'push it to the limit' card?

Wouldn't that help?
>>
>>44370197
>hating in the Scyk
Seriously, it isn't a great ship, but it is basically there just to shit a canon on it and be done with it.
>>
File: IMG_2235.jpg (322 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2235.jpg
322 KB, 960x1280
>>44370114
Here is the X-WIng. I was finally able to finish it.
Still not ready yet, I plan to see about making it color accurate when future funds allow me too.
>>
File: IMG_2236.jpg (359 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2236.jpg
359 KB, 960x1280
>>44370114
Here is the Tie FIghter. Now this one is an FO tie fighter, but currently, they are easy to find at Target, and at a reasonable price.
I will also be using transparent clear stands in the future.
>>
>>44370288
>>44370306

see >>44370105
To understand why Im talking about this here.
>>
>>44370288
>>44370306
Hey damn, those are actually pretty decent.

I was expecting a 2x4 or something for both of them.
>>
File: 1443647632392.jpg (84 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
1443647632392.jpg
84 KB, 600x685
>>44370288
>>44370306
you did a fantastic job anon
>>
>>44369556
Get that other core set mang. After that buy what you thing looks dope.
>>
>>44370396
I got one already. Do I really need the OG one too?
>>
>>44370414
The original one has different pilots, upgrade cards, and a different (Slightly less lethal) damage deck. The stuff that is redundant is the kind of stuff that's useful to have multiples of anyway (Movement templates, range ruler, ect)
I'm not sure I'd call it necessary, but it won't be a waste to get it.
You can't go wrong with 2 x-wings and 4 tie fighters, even if the old ones are technically different (Slightly worse) ships.
>>
>>44370467
My buy order, for lack of a better term, is currently looking like:

Imp Ace
Reb Ace
Imp Vet (maybe) or Tie/D (maybe)
Starter OG
Tie Phantom
>>
My Lil sis wants a phantom, so she might get it since she's a narutard, and my lil bro might get something.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.