[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generic Classes 3.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: color.jpg (158 KB, 567x850) Image search: [Google]
color.jpg
158 KB, 567x850
So a friend invited me to a game using this shit.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm
And splat books are case by case, 20 point point buy, can I make something enjoyable that isnt a caster?
>>
>>44368188
>can I make something enjoyable that isnt a caster?
You're playing a low-stat 3.5e campaign.

No.
>>
>>44368267
Damn was hoping there were splats or something that could make it work, oh well just gonna play caster then.
>>
>>44368188
>>44368315
>>44368267

STop stop stop wait shit

There is a prestige class you can get into like level 2 if you choose the right starting shit.
Fuck, what was it, you are like an assasin for vampires and steal life and shit, need 3d6 sneak attack to get in, but you can get that hella easy with the starting packages.

Fuk it's hard to remember when your hammered.
>>
>>44370075 The only thing I can find is Slayer of Domiel
...which needs 3d6 Sneak Attack, Evasion, two specific feats, and 8 ranks in 2 different skills.
There are probably som prestige classes you can get to before level 5, but that's not one of them.

>>44368188
Unnearthed Arcana also has Bards, Paladins, and Rangers as 15 level prestige classes.
Maybe try to convince your DM to let you use one of those?

Or Gestalt. Without being a catser that can give you:
*3 good saves
*+1 BAB /level
*6+IntMod skill points /level
*20 class skills, 18 of your choice and Craft and Profession
*any 5 feats by 2nd level (6 if human)
*13 feats every 12 levels thereafter
>>
>Unnearthed Arcana also has Bards, Paladins, and Rangers as 15 level prestige classes.
Wait, shit, those would also be casters.
>>
>>44370555
You know the joke:

3.5 is caster edition.

Except it's not a joke.
>>
>>44368188
You could take the initiator feats maybe.

Prolly still a shit idea tho.
>>
>>44370943
yeah I looked into those they are once per an encounter, seems like a waste honestly.
>>
>>44373234
You can recover them.
>>
>>44373300
>http://dndtools.pw/feats/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/adaptive-style--36/

You just need to grab this.
>>
Do not expect to do anything enjoyable. Do not expect to be good at anything. Do not expect to survive the most basic of encounters.
>>
Twinky build idea:

-Elf
-INT and DEX focus
-get that feat that lets you add any skill to your class skill list with a +2 bonus
-grab iaijutsu focus from Oriental Adventures
-grab Mind over Body
-use drawbacks, grab shaky hands and near sighted (I think that's what those two were called) for 2 extra feats, grab weapon finesse and deadly agility
-grab diamond mind maneuvers, most notably Azure Nightmare blade.
>>
>>44373452
Well the dm is also planning to use some sanity system, so I was thinking about going right for iron heart surge if I did maneuvers, if adaptive style allows recovery thought hat makes that a whole lot more feasible.
>>
>>44373711
do keep in mind you can't do iron heart surge if you are denied access to standard actions; so you can't IHS away dominate, for example.
>>
>>44373826
yeah was more thinking for the inevitable "You see things that you know arnt there" or some other blatantly you are crazy thing to happen, Iron heart surge it away.
>>
I just realized you can get any class skill you damn well please anyway, so yeah, Iaijutsu focus+sneak attack feats+azure nightmare blade for dat oneshot potential.
>>
>>44373932
So would a quick razor be the best option if I am going for Iaijutsu?
>>
>>44373991
Ayupp.
>>
>>44374061
So quick razor, not seeing anything that is able to feat into dex to damage, since deadly agility is 'pathfinder' I will probably have a hard sell with it. Then for feats, feating into Initiation, when do I want to do that? It doesn't really make it clear what your effective Initiator level is in the feat I read. And since I am going to be locked into what I have access to IE no changing them around after selection what ones should I go for to get the best bang for my buck?
>>
>>44374105
It's pretty clear, you have 1/2 your level as your initiation level. You get into it ASAP for Sapphire nightmare imo... although, you can instead take shadow hand for assassin stance for even more SA die.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.