[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a dump stat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Fire.png (329 B, 20x20) Image search: [Google]
Fire.png
329 B, 20x20
No really, dump stat is a confusing term, as people think 'this is what you dump everything in' and 'this is your dumpster stat, which is basically trash'.

I've been going by it being your trash stat for like, 6 years.
>>
>>44366201
Dump stat is the stat you never expect to use, so you put your worst score in it.
Character is mute? Charisma dump stat.
>>
It's the stat you don't care about having anything in. You get no mileage out of it, so you have it as low as possible to free up things for the stats you will use.

Personally I am fucking terrible at having anything as a dump stat, except maybe Strength and sometimes Wisdom.
>>
>>44366201
What's a Google?
>>
Is this thread a joke?
Why do all the summerfags come during december
>>
>>44366339
'Cause school's out.
>>
The term comes from the rolling for stats but assigning them anywhere.
A "dump stat" is a stat you can safely "dump" your lowest roll into without seriously hurting your character.
>>
Wait, I always thought a dump stat was a tirtiary stat that you should throw all your leftover points into since it provides a plethora of benefits.

Like Dex on fighters, not a primary stat but exceptionally useful for them.
>>
>>44366980
No.
>>
>>44366201
>people think 'this is what you dump everything in'
I have literally never heard that before.

>>44366980
Nor that.
>>
>>44366201

I've only ever heard it as "the stat you don't need or use, so it doesn't matter that it's shit". For example, Beef McLargeHuge the Barbarian doesn't need to think things through when he can just axe them, so intelligence is his dump stat.
>>
>>44366201
A dump stat is Charisma. Unless you're a Sorcerer or something.
>>
dump stat is bad, you don't put anything into it so you're super terrible at whatever it does.
>>
>>44366339
Are you dumb

It's Christmas vacation.
>>
A dump stat is the stat you dump.
You dump the dump stat.

You do not dump things into the dump stat. You dump the stat itself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.