[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/WHF/ Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
Post your favorite Lord or Hero model that you painted edition

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (Wargame)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (WHFRP)

>Total War: Warhammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7pBMxdX6o [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKPw86ivR7A [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1rdqUZlx7s [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o1H-qXAnO8 [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URMfC-scXF0 [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>What happened to Warhammer? Let based Priestly tell you.
http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/games-workshop-the-origins-of-a-tabletop-empire/
http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/blood-dice-and-darkness-how-warhammer-defined-gaming-for-a-generation/

>Sweet concept art
http://imgur.com/a/SiscI

>WD archive for all your nostalgia needs
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD#cac9eh9m52bdq
>>
>>44894626
Why open with such a shit picture?

>mushy, undetailed background
>No colour differentiation between the sides - both are dark grey with gold, accantuated by red
>Simgmar(?) suffers from tiny head syndrom
>tiny hand syndrom
>looks completely emotionless
>terrible hairstyle
>Stands like the armour is four time ystoo big for him
>Chaos lord got his eyes about a quarter eye with close together

I could go on
>>
>>44894651
The only thing wrong with it is that it's reversed. The Everchosen and the reincarnation of Sigmar ain't no damn lefties, not in my Empire.
>>
>>44894671
Reincarnation of Sigmar is dual-wielding like a boss.
Archaon is Antichrist, he's supposed to be leftie and stuff.
>>
File: 1439267007360.jpg (35 KB, 300x528) Image search: [Google]
1439267007360.jpg
35 KB, 300x528
>>44894679
Valten's a man's man who would wield Ghal Maraz in the right hand. That sword in the off hand is going to snap the second it touches Kingslayer.
>>
why was WHFB so unpopular that it died?
>>
File: Undead Konrad.jpg (753 KB, 1486x2193) Image search: [Google]
Undead Konrad.jpg
753 KB, 1486x2193
>>44894626
>Post your favorite Lord or Hero model that you painted

I might as well get the ball rolling. In my years in the hobby I have painted a single half-decent face, and I'm happy that it was on Konrad.
>>
>>44894702
It wasn't. GW made it too hard for new players to get into it. Basically they sabotaged it by making rules that favour huge units, meaning you'd have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get an army worth fielding. It couldn't sustain itself like this, so GW blamed the fans and axed the game to make Space Marines: The Fantasy-ing.
>>
www.returnofreckoning.com

Can add this to the OP I guess?

Shit gets pretty full pretty quick around NA prime times.
>>
>>44894699
that's logical. he sacrifices mundane sword to deflect Kinglsayer for a second while he crushes Archy's shield with GM.

after that he gets an upped hand as he can dual-wield GM, which is more effective in a slow swing-fest, than dual-wielded KS (since with that armor Archi cannot attack lightning-fast like proper two-handed swords normally do)
>>
>>44894702
See OP:

>>44894626
>>What happened to Warhammer? Let based Priestly tell you.
>http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/games-workshop-the-origins-of-a-tabletop-empire/
>http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/blood-dice-and-darkness-how-warhammer-defined-gaming-for-a-generation/

Basically GW took a game that 5 years ago was the third best-selling wargame (and 40k was first) and steadily poisoned it. Companywide disasters like resin-casting hit Fantasy particularly hard because it's a more settled market, and 7th onwards was trying to force people to buy huge numbers of new troops and jacked-up prices.

Customers weren't having it, and the marketing overlords that control GW saw it as their chance to get rid of WHF and replace it with a knockoff 40,000 that they thought was more marketable.
>>
File: IMAG1026.jpg (102 KB, 1273x720) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1026.jpg
102 KB, 1273x720
>>44894626
>>44894703
Couldn't pick a favorite, these 4 are the ones I'm most proud of though since I'm not very good at painting.
>>
File: WP_20160120_004.jpg (593 KB, 2007x983) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160120_004.jpg
593 KB, 2007x983
>>44894626
>Post your favorite Lord or Hero model that you painted edition
Posting my shitty pic
>>
>>44894837
Also my phone camera is not the greatest, apologies.
>>
i'm new and i play high elves. any basic tips?
>>
gonna start a new mordheim campaign soon.
is this warband any good? http://www.mordheimer.com/downloads/ex_wrbnds/ogre_warband.pdf
>>
File: CDq9sGz.jpg (41 KB, 434x317) Image search: [Google]
CDq9sGz.jpg
41 KB, 434x317
>>44894837
>Bretonnia
>>
File: 20160120_082032.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160120_082032.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>44894837
I have that same Paladin on a pegasus model. Well, I have 15% of him. I've included a dwarf that I'd like to use as an Apprentice/Journeyman Runesmith for WFRP, and a Grey Seer that I think turned out quite well. I gave him a yellow eye because it reminded me of Nicodemus.
>>
>>44894837

Bretonnia, why are you so based.

>>44894699
>>44894736

What do you guys think about the theory that the Ghal Maraz that the Emperor/Valten uses isn't the same hammer that Sigmar originally used?
>>
>>44894898
>What do you guys think about the theory that the Ghal Maraz that the Emperor/Valten uses isn't the same hammer that Sigmar originally used?
Never heard that theory before.
>>
>>44894916
It's not so much a theory, in universe anyway, but more that the story of Sigmar says that he put down his crown, went east to return the hammer to the Dwarfs. He never returned from that trip. Personally I think it's just something an in-universe historian/poet wrote because it sounded good. Like saying King Arthur is asleep under the hill.
>>
>>44894930
more likely

in-universe (may I be forgiven for bringing up End Times fluff) part of Sigmar's essence was bound in Ghal-Maraz that Valten wielded. so the was the same hammer.
>>
>>44894916
>>44894930

It's not a massive thing. It's more like a little wiggle room left in for WFRP players and GMs to fuck around with the idea that the real Ghal Maraz is hidden somewhere.
>>
>>44894940
>part of Sigmar's essence was bound in Ghal-Maraz that Valten wielded.

But was that because it was the original hammer or because it was the hammer that was now associated with the idea of Sigmar?

Like a copy of a thing having power because people believe it's the original thing.
>>
>>44894947
It'd be kind of interesting, though if I know my old players it would be like putting the One Ring in front of them. They'd straight up murder each other for that hammer.
>>
>>44894956
it was because it was that particular hammer. Sigmar became whole when he took back the hammer. wouldn't happen to something just associated with him.
>>
>>44894882
What did you use for the bottom of the Paladin? Also, what did you use the rest of the model for?
>>
>>44894975
>Sigmar became whole when he took back the hammer. wouldn't happen to something just associated with him.

But how did any of him get imbued into the hammer? It was just a magic hammer that the Dwarfs made and used before giving it to Sigmar in thanks. And when he was done with it, he gave it back.

It would make more sense if there was some sort of faith element involved.

>>44894964
From the Head of Vecna to the Hammer of Sigmar. Fun fact: Human runes are objectively better than dwarf runes.
>>
>>44894993
The legs are from a High Elf spearman, I shaved away the chainmail. I lost the rest of the model, and a lot of other things when my roommate's mom sent a package holding ten years worth of various models and bitz to the wrong apartment complex. So I had only the torso/head piece to work with.
>>
>>44895008
>But how did any of him get imbued into the hammer?
I guess by same virtue that made a random dwarven hammer one of the most powerful weapons in the multiverse in AoS.

said virtue being called "bullshit"
>>
>>44895024
>random dwarven hammer
It was a finely crafted runic weapon, to be fair though, wasn't the smith one of the best ever?
>>
>>44895061
still, not the "finest weapon in the multiverse" though
>>
>>44895061
>wasn't the smith one of the best ever?

Yeah. Ghal Maraz is definitely in like the top ten dwarf made weapons. It might even be in the top 5. But it is not the greatest weapon they've ever made.

>>44895024
Faith works. If you go by the idea that the Warp/Realm of Chaos is just a reflection of sapient emotions and the idea that the thoughts/emotions of said creatures shape that realm (and thus the use of magic is just the ability to focus and control your emotions and can be learned by anyone) then it makes sense that the same faith that allowed Sigmar to both be an active god AND to be trapped in a Wind by Tzeentch could also imbue a metanatural level of power into a hammer.
>>
what would happen in WHFB got bought by Wizards of the Coast?

WHFB as D&D setting would look nice.
>>
>>44895107
I don't think D&D would really mesh with the grittiness of WHFB.
>>
>>44895123
it has Dark Sun and Ravenloft
WHFB may even have to keep up
>>
>>44895133
But setting =/= Rules. You can't really die from getting stabbed once by a rusty dagger in D&D.
>>
>>44895160
good point
>>
>>44895133

Dark Sun and Ravenloft are grim as a setting, but they aren't really as gritty or lethal as WFRP.

WFRP is a game that pretends to be about heroism and being great adventurers, but really it's about your journey knee deep in a river of shit in a world that hates you.
>>
>>44895024
The hammer in AoS absorbed a lot of Azyr energies in AoS. That's what made it powerful.

In WHFB, it was just a well made hammer.

IIt has nothing over Khorne 's Ebon Sword which is among the few weapons that can actually kill a Chaos God.
>>
>>44895184
>which is among the few weapons that can actually kill a Chaos God.

Just how many weapons can kill a Chaos God and why hasn't Khorne euthanized his brothers yet?
>>
>>44894702
The setting was HUGELY popular, the scale and length of the anger at Age of Sigmar proves that.

GW just steadily made the game more expensive and less fun to keep up with.
>>
>>44895078
>>44895094
Do we have records of better dwarven weapons?

Rule-wise I think the only weapons that surpasses ghal maraz is that sword in storm of magic that costs 200pts or something.
>>
>>44895184
how is it known that it can kill a chaos god, if no chaos god has ever been killed?
>>
>>44895193
There is another.

The Axe of Unbinding was created by the Dwarfs to kill the Chaos Gods. Grimnir wielded it and now Gortek does.
>>
>>44895209
It's chaos bullshit, don't ask.
>>
>>44895260
good point
>>
>>44895202
The Axes of Grimnir, certainly.

As far as rules, doesn't Ghal Maraz just auto-wound with no save on a hit?
>>
>>44895268
d3 automatic wounds with no armor saves, IIRC
impressive, but not most powerful. Destroyer of Eternities or Fellblade convey the sense of ultimate power much better.
>>
File: Power Maximus.png (1 MB, 862x682) Image search: [Google]
Power Maximus.png
1 MB, 862x682
>>44895268
Ghal Maraz would cost 115pts (30pts to replace a runefang that costs 85)
>>
>>44895375
Hitting automatically is better than wounding automatically.
>>
>>44895398
Depends on the target, not everyone is a str5 hero, you can hit most targets on a 4+, while at times enemies get to T5 or 6.

The greater difference is that one allows armour save while the other doesn't.
>>
>>44895375
>opponent takes the Dawn sword
>in game with combined monster profiles.
>level 4 Goblin Shaman on Arachnarok casts Nikkit! Nikkit! Turn 2.

And there was much rejoicing.

For the goblins at least.
>>
Do chariots have a 360 degree charge arc like skirmishers? It says (6th/7th edition) they can move freely in any direction and pivot any time and as many times as they like as they move, and it only says that a unit need to be within LOS to charge. Would LOS only be the frontal arc?
>>
>>44895448
>Nikkit! Nikkit!

U wot git?
>>
>>44895498
Unless I'm recalling wrong, yes, you still need them in your frontal arc.
Being able to pivot during movement doesn't make you a skirmisher.
>>
i have an idea

>Sigmar: the Animated Series
>basically, Sigmar in the times of building the Empire
>every episode there's some problem that Sigmar must solve
>problem is usually quite big, but Sigmar always wonders if it's worth using Ghal-Maraz on it, since it is a weapon of great good, yadda-yadda, so first half of each episode he fails miserably
>he consults his friends (those two friends of his from the Heldenhammer, Alaric the Mad, some chick and some black guy, to make it politcally correct)
>his friends uncover some clues that problem is actually caused by great evil and tell Sigmar that only Ghal-maraz can stop it.
>Sigmar takes up the hammer and kicks evil's ass and everything becomes awesome again
>it's all in bright colours, no blood, Disney style all round

get children into WHFB, that sorta thing
>>
>>44894930
Spoilers for The Enemy Within
In the last part, Empire in Flames, the PCs are tasked with retrieving Ghal Maraz from the fallen hold of 'Kadar-Khazalid', where it was left by Sigmar. He went to the dwarves to return the hammer but ended up fighting a daemon and pursuing it into the warp, leaving Ghal Maraz behind.
1e WFRP exists in a kind of quantum canon state. Which would be why there's the myth about Sigmar leaving with the hammer but the Emperor has the hammer anyway.
>>
>>44895517
That's what I thought as well, I'm just reading the rules and it only says LOS not frontal arc. But I'm assuming LOS means frontal arc.

This is for single chariots, it states chariot units act as cavalry.
>>
>>44895532
That idea is boring.

An animated series about greenskinz friendship would be way better.
Especially if the whole thing is presented as if it was the orcs and goblins themselves who draw the figures.

You've got silly violence, easy learning, green blood so kids don't get scared, funny animals and simple stories.
>>
>>44895503
It's a spell from little WAAAAGH, from End Times:khaine and Storm of Magic.

Any level 3/4 Goblin Shaman gets it.

Cast on 15+, can't be dispelled. Model takes d6 - toughness wounds, and reveals all magic items they have. The goblin then steals one. If he already has one of the same type (ex, if he has a magic weapon already) he destroys it instead.

I had an A9 spider that could walk into a combat and deal enough wounds to wipe units (impact hits, thunderstomp, 8 goblin crew with spears, 18 attacks after multiplication)
>>
>>44895593
>18 attacks after multiplication
don't attacks cap at 10, like any other stat?
>>
>>44895582
I think the greenskins fit better as some kind of Doronjo Gang/Team Rocket villains.
>>
>>44895593
>mixing characteristics other than T, W and armour
>end times magic
Questionable choices, but hey, I took that sword in a 1000pts army.
>>
>>44895209
It's written down in fluff that the Chaos Gods don't invade Khorne 's because they fear what he will do with that sword. They know Khorne has killed gods and world with it.

Khorne for his part refrain from using it because the death of any of his brothers would lead to dire consequences that mmay lead to the destruction of everything in the multiverse
>>
>>44895881
>Khorne for his part refrain from using it because the death of any of his brothers would lead to dire consequences that mmay lead to the destruction of everything in the multiverse

Like he gives a fuck.
>>
Where can I find rules for investing in businesses in 2e? I know there's rules for buying them outright and running them yourself, but my players want to have a steady stream of income with little actual work. I'm thinking about giving them a 1% return on 120% of their investment every time period, which could be a few weeks to a month. Logical?
>>
>>44895951
Old World Armoury.
Pretty sure everything you need is there.
>>
>>44895897
He gives a fuck about existence. The source of the lore is "Tome of Blood".

In "Tome of Excess", it's shown that Slaanesh is goading Khorne to give in to his desire and do it because she will victorious for making Khorne submit to his desire and also experiencing death would be the ultimate thrill.
>>
>>44896084
>He gives a fuck about existence

lol

k.
>>
>>44896084
What is tome of blood and excess?
>>
>>44895722
We did
>take the higher of WS/BS/S/T/I/LD
>wounds are added together, and then subtract 1.
>attacks are added together.
>combine saves

Made monster - riding lords really strong, and enough to trade-off in exchange for not nerfing cannons.
>>
>>44895605
I guess that you are right. I thought it said 'attacks' not 'attacks characteristic'.

He was using it wrong too then, as he had it on an A7 (he multiplied to 14) lord.
>>
>>44896584
The worst things out of combined profiles are the attacks of mounts benefitting from magic weapons and viceversa, the riders' getting the mounts' special rule, which makes character excessively powerful (see the elven guys of the end times), when the primary problem with them is resistance and characters on monsters becoming easy targets, mages in particular.

I mean, having only the defensive profiles combined work for that and is also coherent with cavalry and monstrous cavalry.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.