[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat me, /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: Miami Maniac.png (332 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Miami Maniac.png
332 KB, 500x500
Bonus points for using GURPS.
>>
HP:1
>>
>>44364913
To add to this:

HP: 1
Attack: Infinite
>>
File: 1426822042730.gif (158 KB, 760x557) Image search: [Google]
1426822042730.gif
158 KB, 760x557
>>44364874
Jacket is CN

Fans are CN bordering on CE, they enjoy hurting people but are at least conscientious enough to focus on scumbags, most of the time

Beard is TN, for him it was all just a bad job that he quit

Pardo is either NE or CE, he kills people for attention

Jake is LG, helping to free the United States from the Russian menace

Richter is TN, everything he does he was coerced into doing

The Henchman and The Son are both basically NE

Evan is NG or LG

With Martin Brown it depends on whether what he did was all part of the film, or whether the director was just in his head
>>
>>44364874
Going the other way and assuming you mean Richard rather than Jacket, he doesn't really have stats. He's either an inexplicable shared hallucination, or some kind of weird supernatural entity.
>>
>>44365167
What about Helmet?
>>
>>44365217
CN. The whole thing was just a game to him
>>
>>44365167
>Beard
>dragging his wounded friend from an exploding power plant at risk to himself
>Neutral

0/10
Would not offer anything on the house.
>>
>>44365625
He left two of his friends behind
>>
>>44365637
Black guy was blown in half
Fat guy could walk on his own power.
>>
>>44365625
>Neutral people are incapable of good actions
>>
I've been toying around with the idea of a Hotline Miami inspired game, but the only non dnd/pf system my group is comfortable with is WoD. I think it wouldn't be so bad with all the supernatural elements stripped out, what do you guys think?
>>
I suspect that realistically roleplaying this would at some point give me PTSD.
>>
>>44366306
Actually, try:

>Neutral people don't give a shit about their friends and will leave them to die if shit hits the fan

And yeah, no, that's not how it works.
>>
>>44366568

I would describe certain types of people who are very loyal to friends but don't care about absolute worthiness (would help a friend before a crippled orphan child in greater need) as neutral, though. Like mobsters or Chinese people.
>>
>>44364874
>Bonus points for using GURPS

Unfortunately using GURPS exceeds my disadvantage limit.
>>
>>44367140

Awwww.
>>
>>44365167
>Pardo
>Not being LG since he's the handsome enforcer of the law
>>
File: 1426395141386.png (597 KB, 685x609) Image search: [Google]
1426395141386.png
597 KB, 685x609
>>44368453
>Pardoposting
>in the year of our lord and savior Jesus Christ 2015 AD
>>
File: BANGBANGBANG.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
BANGBANGBANG.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44366412
>>44366430
>>
>>44368517
>implying I'm anywhere near as competent or dashing as Pardo, my hero
>>
File: hack2.jpg (52 KB, 513x392) Image search: [Google]
hack2.jpg
52 KB, 513x392
>>44368524
This is both edgy yet interesting.

I like it.
>>
File: Hotline_230ffc_5507278.jpg (45 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_230ffc_5507278.jpg
45 KB, 500x450
You have no fucking idea you glorious mother fucker. I have a game of "Hotline new york" running 15+ sissies strong. And this is the third game on this system I've played. All of my played are amazed at how grimy and up close the fighting feels.

I don't have time to explain all the rules but I will give you the cliff notes

The stats are..

Strength: bonus to melee and initiative
Perseption: bonus to range and poise
Endurence: bonus to health and any positive bonus is converted into negative hit point so you can survive below zero hp, unconscious

The way health works is odd. Basic you have three health pools and you choose which one to put the damage into.

Health: is your actual wounds. Characters usually have 5 is hp. So a d6 (uzi) could easily kill.

Poise: represents your characters ability to block and dodge attacks. This regenerates overtime and you can choose to take an attack to poise or health depending on severity

Initiative: is the weirdest but the most fun to play with. Your current initiative determines what order you act, but also you can permanently spend a point of initiative to take an action right before the opponent. If your comfortable with magic the gathering, it works like an instant (before you can do that, I do this.)

On a player turn they may

Attack
-or-
Mover 15 feet
-or-
Kick in the nuts (stuns and enemy, but does no damage)

Lastly the perk system. I have over 70 different perks written up on flash cards that I use for my group. But a perk is something that makes your character unique. Something like "can attack twice" "can fire while blind" they work like feats in 3.5 kinda with prerequisites and such.

Will post more if interested
>>
>>44371559
Post more. Not the weak shit either.

Give me the full hit, man. I need it.
>>
>>44371580
It's to much is there any way I could write it all up and send it to you I honestly don't spend much time here. First ever post BTW.
>>
>>44371559
I like your idea of having three pools to spend on damage. Maybe it would be better if you make movement arbitrary? I used to use a lane-based system to simulate quick battles, but yo could make your own ideas, I suppose.

Though the one thing I learned is this: Try to branch out to a style of your own. You can't truly replicate Hotline Miami in tabletop form.
>>
>>44364874
Likes to Hurt Other People:
[X] Yes
[ ] No
>>
>>44371656
You should be able to take any word document, save it as a PDF, and post it here.
The only issue would be the perks since it sounds like those are on physical cards only, but if the individual perks aren't too in-depth it would be very possible if long and boring to type them all out into a singe doc.
>>
>>44365167
Jake is chaotic good at best.

Chaotic Evil more likely.

Pardo is Chatic Evil on top of being crazy.
>>
>>44364874

GURPS is pretty simple here. Just take every mental disadvantage and use those points to buy all the combat advantages. And some kind of disadvantage about dying in one hit.
>>
>>44364874
????
why such interest? they finlay released the damned level editor?

When I have time (aka never) I want to make a Naruto based skin on Hotline miami.

>>44365019
then why do you have to suffer so much to bring thre fat guys down?
>>
>>44371785
>I used to use a lane-based system to simulate quick battles

Tell me more?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.