[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Fantasy_Craft_Logo (1).gif (12 KB, 300x117) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy_Craft_Logo (1).gif
12 KB, 300x117
>>
Reminder that Spellbound will be released in February.
>>
Anybody played in the Cloak & Dagger setting? Tips? What did you add? What did you change? Make any handouts/materials?
>>
>tfw running a Fantasy Craft one-shot for your dad and brothers on Christmas day

It's good to be from a geeky family.
>>
Cool thread. I love logos, because they remind me to love brands.
>>
File: FC snake demon censored.png (329 KB, 608x1097) Image search: [Google]
FC snake demon censored.png
329 KB, 608x1097
>>44363910
If you're going to start a Fantasy Craft thread with a picture-only OP, at least make it a semi-interesting picture.
>>
>>44367125
>that head
Does she have a face on the back of her head too?
>>
>>44367256
Clearly she has a head with two faces and no back.
>>
>>44367365
Freakin' demons.

So, actual FC question:
Soldier ability, can be got at 6th level;
>Most Deadly: It costs you 1 fewer action dice to activate critical hits with proficient attacks (minimum 0).
Does it ever cost you more than one action die to activate a critical? Does this just mean you auto-activate crits whenever you roll threat?
>>
>>44367406
Most of the time it just means you can crit for free, yeah.

The main times you might pay multiple action dice would be if you roll a threat with a multi-target attack (such as the Spiral Cutter trick from Greatsword Supremacy), in which case you pay per target you want to crit and the reduction comes off that total cost, or if you're hitting a standard NPC with Tough (where you can cause multiple failed damage saves by spending multiple action dice), or if you've been hit by an enemy's Tough Luck feat (which increases the cost for you to activate threats in general).
>>
>>44367665
Thank you.
>>
>>44363910
Posting my roll-a-character PDF because I spent time on it and it deserves to be seen.

Also has anyone got a chance to make and play with any homebrew (from species and classes to feats/specialties to just home-made campaigns with the associated deities/alignments, tech level, campaign qualities, etc)?
>>
File: Setting & Alignments.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Setting & Alignments.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44369540
So far the only homebrew I've used has been some campaign qualities and a setting with associated alignments. Though the setting is kind of only half-homebrew, since I used stuff from Time of High Adventure as a jumping-off point.

The homebrew campaign qualities I've used are:
>Diverse Heroes: The world is full of all kinds of creatures. At character creation, player characters gain a bonus Species feat. (Those wishing to play a more or less ordinary or "baseline" example of their species might consider Guts or Hidden Talent.)
Pretty much just did this because all but one of my players had character concepts that demanded a Species feat, and given that it was for theme rather than minmaxing I figured "sure, why not, I'll give it to them for free."

>Elemental Potency: Any effect that grants the ability to convert damage to an exotic type (ie, not lethal, subdual, or stress) without an attack roll penalty also ignores the half damage penalty for damage conversion.
Because frankly I think stuff like the Elemental Heritage and Path options that let you convert to fire and whatnot are kind of useless if you're stuck at half damage for it.

>Leaps & Bounds: The distance cleared with a high jump is doubled if the character has a running start (so 1/4 the distance cleared by a horizontal jump with the same check result), and jump results are not limited by character height. If a character option would cause a character's jump results to no longer by limited by their height, instead that option allows the character to treat all jump distances as if they had a running start.

>Savings & Investments: Heroes begin play with additional coin in stake equal to 1.5 x Prudence x Career Level (rounded down).
Mostly to allow more thematically-fitting allocation of Lifestyle points for games intended for a short run and a higher starting level. Wouldn't recommend it outside of that.

And the setting document I put together for the players is attached.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.