[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orks and Guard are the shittiest factions in WH40K and exist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: OrksSiege.jpg (167 KB, 1023x550) Image search: [Google]
OrksSiege.jpg
167 KB, 1023x550
Orks and Guard are the shittiest factions in WH40K and exist solely to show how badass villain of the week/hero is because he wasted X orks/guardsmen per minute. Why are they even playable? Just mention them in the fluff no one wants to play cannon fodder.
>>
guard: if you're playing straight up guard with 100% infantry you might as well kill yourself.
otherwise they have the best vehicles, mechanized army, tanks, artillery, etc.
aka, an actual army. you play IG if you're a WARgame fan, and want to play something involving a lot of strategy and real life tactics (or something).
they're the most grounded faction anyway, compared to super space robots in space or space soldiers wearing super space robot armor in space and using magical space robots and demons.

orks: okay I'm not going to spend too much trying to explain how interesting they are and why the grimderp universe needs some really good comic relief, or the inexplainable fact that ever since 3rd edition no one has had more fun playing with or AGAINST ork armies. I really don't know why, but if you play against orks and don't have fun just give up.

What orks also have is a way to make army building even more fun in that they can convert and scratchbuild pretty much literally everything.
I'm talking about buying a $2 toy car and using plasticard and other shit to make a trukk or wagon.
you can make your artillery be catapults and trebuchets if you want.

want to take giant squigs in your army but don't want to spend $600 on forgeworld?
get some dinosaur toys or some shit I don't know.
want to make a stompa or a gargant out of literal garbage?
go ahead.
you can even get a titan without taking out a mortgage by making it yourself.
if it looks like shit, congratulations you have a looted titan.
>>
>>44362799
>comic relief
exactly
a whole race serving as a fucking comic relief
who would like to play a walking gag?
>>
>>44362799
The only people who don't realize Orks are just taking the piss are mongoloids

Guard are for people who don't want to fight as Captain Faggius the Honorable of the Sixth Company of the Death Skulls Chapter.

I get that Space Marines are the cash cows of the franchise but they really are the reason why the setting is so fucking boring. Everyone else has to job to them just to bang is over the head how they're so much more heroic than the common man.
>>
>>44363961
People who don't take their plastic spaceman games too fucking seriously.
>>
>>44364017
Exactly why I play guard I want an army of regular people going to war with regular weapons artillery support and tanks. Of course I know that individually guardsmen are going to suck but use their army correctly and they have the potential of trampling all opposition. Also the fact that they are simple soldiers pitted against all the horrors of the 41st millennium makes them that much more interesting.
>>
>>44362799
Where is this art from? It looks like absolute shit.
>>
>>44362799
>I don't like thing.
>Why does thing exist?
>No those reasons don't count, because I still don't like thing.

A normal person doesn't challenge other people to justify the existence of everything he doesn't like, he just avoids it. I don't get Rap, but since there are plenty of people who do I just assume we have different taste and move on with my life.

If your thread had been "How do I improve on this" or "what are some better options if I don't like this but still want to do thing?" It would have had some use, now it's just complete shitposting.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>44364202
It doesn't look THAT bad to me, and it looks like it's a novel cover, but I don't think they've done any ork novels
>>
>>44364017
>Guard are for people who don't want to fight as Captain Faggius the Honorable of the Sixth Company of the Death Skulls Chapter.

Yeah, they're for the underdog-complex faggots.
>>
>>44363961
People who don't have autism.
>>
>>44365021
you have to be autistic to pay a lot of money for plastic figures to begin with
lmao just play DOW you faggots
>>
File: 1385689481756.png (130 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1385689481756.png
130 KB, 622x626
>>44362799
>>
File: FivePounds.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
FivePounds.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>Guards
>shit

Literally just hang yourself.
>>
>>44365582

But that noble phantasm is Gates of Baitbylon.
>>
>>44363961
Yes. Being comic relief is awesome.

Especially if you can cleave the toughest people in the setting in half with a rusty piece of half sharp metal while making everyone laugh.
>>
>>44362799
Surely no one actually has this opinion? Orks and Humans are the best part of the setting.
>>
Not gonna lie, Orks and Guard are fantastic and instrumental parts of the setting. What I like about 40k is a sense of technological party (something that really comes out in great crusade fluff too).

Technology comes in all shapes and sizes but whatever form it comes in isn't necessarily objectively better. Like the Eldar Grav-tanks still get wrecked by Missiles the same way as a Chaos Predator does. This is something that shines through in the Great Crusade fluff too. Like that little story from Exterminatus where the Emperor's children successfully exterminate a race of crystalline Xenos. Niggas got fucked up by bolters just like everyone else.

And even when you throw in Chaos it just makes the varriety of 40k that much better, ordinary humans hold the tide against other-dimensional beings who break physics with good ole' Artillery and human spirit.

That's what makes 40k awesome in my opinion, such a completely huge variety of factions can all clash together at a pretty equal level.
>>
>>44362799
>no one wants to play cannon fodder.
I love playing blob guard. Fun as hell sending literally hundreds of guardsmen to die against a few dozen enemy soldiers. Also fun seeing your opponent get annoyed as his beatstick unit has to chew through three conscript blobs before they can do anything useful.
>>
>>44362799
They're a symptom of the problem. Not the problem itself. The issue lies in how pants-on-head retarded GW's dev team has become, how much focus GW pours onto Space Marines, and how little GW does for IG and Orks now. There was a time when those factions were much more, had customizability and sub-factions. Now they're just bullet catchers, and a glaring symptom of why 40k has become the worst miniature game on the market.
>>
>>44371173
>The issue lies in how pants-on-head retarded GW's dev team has become, how much focus GW pours onto Space Marines, and how little GW does for IG and Orks now
>Sanctus Reach ork campaign
>IG steps in to save marines against Tau campaign
>IG get own plastic mini army

Be glad IG gets what it does when they're such an unpopular army. Marines sell so there's reason to push them, like that calth box. Nobody even plays IG anymore now that they got a shitty codex.

Orks need more representation, they are always popular and a primary non-human race. They get that Slaughter series of BL books I guess.
>>
>>44364263
The world needs more people like you
>>
>>44370145
I'm sorry, you seem to have typed human when the obvious answer is eldar.
>>
>>44371218

He should have taken his own advice and avoided this thread. Preaching to someone about tolerance then being intolerant to that person is rich.

Not even mad, just only now realized the hypocrisy that most of you are guilty of and ignorant to, every day.
>>
File: Quaritch.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Quaritch.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>44371220
>filthy race traitor
>>
>>44371210
The problem is, the player support for IG and Orks has tanked BECAUSE GW gave them such shitty codices, and garbage rules and new units. This is what happens when a company plays favorites to an excessive degree. Eventually the fans get tired of playing the whipping boy faction, and move on to better game systems.

GW and the marine players wanted marine-hammer. GW and the marine fans got marine-hammer.
>>
>>44362799
g8 b8 m8
>>
>>44371328
>implying I have any kinship with anything distinct from myself
>>
>>44365041
DC or II?
>>
>>44371398

IG and Orks didn't get bad rules because of space marines, moron. Space Marines have been a bad army for the entire history of the game until 5E and 6E.
>>
>>44365041
>a lot of money
>like $2.50 a dude
>at MSRP

Lol must be poor
>>
>Orks didn't get a new codex during 5th and 6th
Why does GW hate Orks?
>>
>>44371701
Not really true. Vanilla Space Marines have always been a decent army.

They never get an overpowered codex, but they also never get a shit one. The variants on the other hand...
>>
>>44372076

Yes, I'm sure Space Marines were given average codexes just to spite Orks and IG and keep them down. Excellent points, Watson.
>>
>>44371398
>The problem is, the player support for IG and Orks has tanked BECAUSE GW gave them such shitty codices

Pretty much all the guard codices have been shit. 2nd edition one was shit, 3rd edition one was painfully bad, 3.5 had the doctrine system which was cool but rule wise it was shit, the 5th edition codex was one of the most broken codices in that edition and 6th codex is mid core.

Rules don't seem to boost sales that much. Just boost the online community talking about them. Guard scions are one of GW's best sellers for an example.
>>
>>44372076
RIPIP Blood Angels.

You were too good for this galaxy.
>>
>>44362799

>not wanting to play as the everyday human, thrust into a never-ending war with brutish aliens and strange horrors
>not wanting to fight with honor and glory as you hold the line, buying humanity at least one more day
>not wanting to die screaming at the encroaching darkness, selling your life, even your very soul, in the name of your race, your empire and your emperor

Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>44372076
>they also never get a shit one
2e/3e called.
4e, they were just mid low.
5e was the first time SM had a decent codex, and 7e is literally the strongest they have ever been, period.
>>
>Orks
>the best and most entertaining race in both 40k and fantasy
Pick both
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.