[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Table Top Simulator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: TTS.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TTS.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/workshop/

What are some of the best Table Top Simulator packs you've found so far?

Just got the game recently and I'm looking for some good shit to play with buddies
>>
What do you normally like to play?
>>
>>44362630
Videogames

But we've been getting more in to traditional games lately.

Been wanting to start up a Pathfinder campaign with them, but no one has taken the time to get familiar with the rules.

Really, any kind of fun board games, card games, or RPGs would be great.

But I'd be willing to read up on the rules for anything that is fun to play
>>
>>44362630
So far we've just been playing Heroquest, Monopoly and solving puzzles, but we've only had the game for a few days
>>
>>44362690
I know nothing about RPGs but one example of a popular card game I was introduced to on TTS was Red Dragon Inn. It's not my personal taste but maybe you'll like it?

Looking at my workshop page right now, some of my favorites are BattleCON (hard to get into, must start with 1v1) Sushi Go (super easy, 5-player drafting game), Twilight Struggle (2-player only, hard to get into), Acquire, No Thanks, Blokus (exactly 4 player, makes very good use of piece flipping/rotation/snapping), Cutthroat Caverns (good upgrade from Red Dragon Inn), and Dominant Species
>>
>>44363352
I'll definitely have to check out Red Dragon Inn, it sounds pretty rad, Cutthroat Caverns could be a lot of fun too.

Thanks for the suggestions anon, I'll definitely take a look at all of these when I get the chance
>>
I have not ever used Tabletop Simulator.

But if someone bought it for me, I might use it to teach dumb retards from /v/ to roleplay.

I ain't paying for that shit myself.
>>
>>44365733
Its pretty great honestly, its a lot more versatile than I had originally thought, and actually works quite well for a lot of games.

It took a little getting used to, but its a really great little game.
You can even plop a tablet down onto the table and watch youtube and shit while you play, honestly its worth the money while its on sale.
>>
>>44365933
>$10

Eh. I can't imagine ever, ever using it.
>>
>>44365952
Different anon here. I thought the same way, but holy shit did it pay for itself 10 fold. I play boardgames (even some I own) on there with friends from overseas, or even by myself sometimes when I don't feel like setting/packing up my physical copy.

Also makes our weekly RPG session really smooth too. Prep a bunch of loot/NPC/player/etc cards and just toss them out when they pop up.
>>
>>44366002
I already have Roll20 for my games and I don't interact with people via Steam, so again, completely useless.

The only way I could see it being of any use is if you came from /v/ and Steam is your primary method of interacting with anything.
>>
>>44366002
RPG's, huh? Seems weird, would rather use roll 20

>>44365952
Its absolutely ideal for wargaming, if youve ever wanted to play warhammer all you need is a buddy and youve got a shitload of maps and models from every faction
>>
>>44366024
>if youve ever wanted to play warhammer

I still have my rulebook from 2nd Edition.
>>
>>44366024
>if youve ever wanted to play warhammer
Oh shit, I never even considered this, I can't wait to finally get into that game without having to spend a fortune
>>
Hey, I just recently bought the game too.
I'm interested primarily in learning some rpg and board games so if you want to play with a noob, I'm down for pretty much anything.
I know Magic: the Gathering.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/tolesen
>>
>>44366012
I'm not from /v/ and I use Steam quite often. Our group came from /tg/ and I grabbed everyone the game. We've been loving it ever since.

Roll20 is good, but TTS is really immersive what with actually rolling and using the dice.
>>44366024
>would rather use Roll20
No problem man, you don't have to use it, just a suggestion. Still, don't knock it till you try it.
>>44366032
>>44366035
Actually works really well for Warhammer and other such games. I'm in the process of building terrain that is interactable and not just nice looking square so we can play mordheim on there.
>>
How hard is it to find a group or assemble one from randoms online?

I want to get it because my irl friends don't like playing tabletops or rpgs. Never played tabletops/rpgs online and idk if it would be better to just find a roll 20 group for rpgs or use this for rpgs and tabletop games.
>>
>>44362690
You could join the game I'm about to run next Wednesday?
>>
Nevermind, misread thread
>>
>>44361898

My friends and I had fun playing Star Wars Epic Duels on there.

Super simple strategy board game. The one we found has all the expansion stuff so there's like 30+ characters to play. Some are overpowered but the game is too simple for that to really matter.
>>
To be totally honest, I'm interested in TTS just for the chance to play the Doom board game without spending a ton of time and money tracking down a real copy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.