[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/, how would you stat up a system where all the sentient "races"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: furparty.png (1 MB, 1924x3309) Image search: [Google]
furparty.png
1 MB, 1924x3309
/tg/, how would you stat up a system where all the sentient "races" are anthropomorphic animals? Part-animal races like minotaurs and kobolds are allowed, and the portrayal of a species should be both based on popular opinion and real-life observations.
>>
Ironclaw motherfucker.
>>
It's called Ironclaw. It's the furry game system that non-furrys have to admit is pretty good.
>>
>>44360989
Rats, rather than mankind, are the most successful race, leading relatively short lives but breeding rapidly and learning quickly. The best among them are peaceful, altruistic, and clever; the worst have no sense of empathy and will engage in horrific acts for their own benefit.

Mice are halfway between halflings and goblins- while peaceful on their own, they will engage in fierce territorial disputes if left to their own devices for too long.
>>
>>44361023
This.

Alternately, if you're obsessed with 3x for whatever reason, get everyone to make their own races, and give them enough leeway to have a +1 racial modifier for free. Get everyone to design a strange and unique racial ability.
>>
>>44361023
>>44361037
OP here. I mean, Ironclaw's a good system, but the setting is rather lacking when it comes to monsters to fight (with the exception of their Goblins, those fuckers are scary) and the setting isn't very focused on high adventure. I had a brainfart and started talking about the system rather than setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 788x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 788x597
I would just have all species start at a "baseline" and the more inhuman they get the more erratic their stay bonuses/penalties are. Pic would probably get +1/-1 in a few stats but nothing bad.
>>
>>44360989
>/tg/, how would you stat up a system where

First off, no system I would create would be so pedestrian as to use something as trite as "stats".
>>
File: 1.png (102 KB, 345x230) Image search: [Google]
1.png
102 KB, 345x230
>>44361228
>>
>>44360989
To squash the sparkledogs and special snowflakes out there, I have a great idea.

The domestic dogs are organized kind of like the Tau, where there are a bunch of separate castes that are completely endogamous, so as to "preserve the sanctity" of all the breeds. Most of the castes are completely loyal to their superiors and some are even incapable of performing actions without orders. Kind of like Brave New World.

The Wolves are much like the Orcs of the world, being the raiders and slavers that crawl out of the woods to (sacrifice/practice nonconsensual sexual congress with) maidens and raid the countryside.
>>
File: creepypitou.gif (992 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
creepypitou.gif
992 KB, 500x283
>>44361570
The Cats are like fairytale elves. They hunt rats and rodents and hate dogs, and like the Fair Folk (and real life cats) their appetites and desires are capricious.

Every so often they undergo a Wild Hunt, wherein a mob of cats hunt down a particularly worthy individual or group of individuals with the intent of ripping them into pieces and consuming them, devouring their life essence.

Or that's what some cats do.
>>
>>44360989
There's a minotaur society thread on right now, and probably, like, fifteen archived. Check those out.
>>
>>44360989
One of the players from the campaign that picture is of here, we used 5e D&D and just refluffed the core races.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.