[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Merry christmas. Usually there are many threads where people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: eacx1.jpg (178 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
eacx1.jpg
178 KB, 600x337
Merry christmas.
Usually there are many threads where people love to talk about how they hate this and that. So I thought that we can for a change do a thread about RPGs, boardgames and modules we love.

Now is usually time when many anons are depressed for having nobody to spend the time with and now we can together reminiscence about our favourite games and memories to have the best experience available on this board.
>>
Why don't you start OP? Get the ball rolling?
>>
There is something beautiful with Dark Heresy and its grimdark setting.
I remember when I introduced it to my family and friends after warming them up to tabletop gaming with homebrews and D&D.
Its gameplay is very different combared to D&D because it actually encourages tactics and thinking about what are you going to do, instead of the regular D&D's 'I stand here, you stand there and I hit you with my club'.
One of my players was thinking techpriest is some sciency fighter and tried to charge in melee at every oportunity and my players were in the end acting like they were very familiar with the setting. If something went out of their control they panicked and killed everyone on that planet by 'purging heretics'
>>
>>44358829
You started this thread too early. There's no one in here.
>>
>>44359164
It doesn't really matter if the idea preserves.
>>
>>44358829
I actually just got Arena of the Planeswalkers for christmas and ho-boy its a ton of fun. It legit has a good system. I'll have to say it makes for a good wargame for people who cant afford wargames. 20 bucks and you are all set with all the figures and terrain you need. Its certainly creating memories for me and my family
>>
I'm a friend of the guy who GM's the play sessions (silvershield I think they call them) for Modiphius games at cons like Dragonmeet. He recently gave me the new copy of Mutant Chronicles to play, as well as running one of the one-off missions he knows with me and a group.

I've only played the Straggar 190 or whatever mission, but so far it seems really neat. The whole 'Dark Symmetry' and 'momentum' point system works really to get the game moving, and I'm absolutely in love with the lore and the faction designs. The whole things feels like the best parts of fallout, 40k and law and order rolled into a really well polished package.
>>
File: SW.jpg (35 KB, 350x203) Image search: [Google]
SW.jpg
35 KB, 350x203
>>44358829
I love Savage Worlds. It is not too heavy, not too light, the main four supplements (Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Super Powers) are fairly good, the combat moves quickly, and it allows for just about any type of game with minimal prep-time.
>>
File: 1450841882473.png (283 KB, 442x459) Image search: [Google]
1450841882473.png
283 KB, 442x459
>>44358829
I've been falling in love hard with D&D 5e. I love almost everything it does and after getting burned out on Pathfinder and almost getting burned out on tabletop RPGs as a whole, it got me enthusiastic to DM again.

I love what they did with backgrounds, I love how archetypes are built right into classes and prevent the need for prestige classes, I love how racial ability score penalties are gone, and I love how everything is so much simpler and easier. It feels like the kind of game I could run for a full group of complete newbies, like I could make characters with them all and run a full session from level 1 to 2 in a single session's worth of play.
>>
>>44359544
I'll need to pick SW up actually. Achtung! Cthulhu doesn't work that well with CoC ruleset but it can also be used with Savage Worlds.
>>
>>44360152
My image of 4e is similar to yours of 5e.
Shame WotC can't do PR well
>>
>the dark eye
that game is so fucking nice
It has such a huge (and i mean huge as fuck) thought out world
you can get infos about EVERYTHING

I like the focus on story and less on combat
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.