[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are in charge of building a Death Star. You are ordered to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Thermal_exhaust_port.png (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Thermal_exhaust_port.png
2 MB, 1920x816
You are in charge of building a Death Star. You are ordered to install fake Thermal exhaust port and turn it into a deadly trap. Or even better. Turn it from "weakspot" to "it'll fuck up your life on biblical levels".

What is Thermal exhaust port now?
>>
It's a thermal exhaust port. It literally just constantly spews hot plasma.
>>
>>44355929
The barrel of the main gun.
>>
>>44355929

It throws proton torpedoes back out.
>>
File: Tunnel paint.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tunnel paint.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
Something like this.
>>
>>44355929
It does nothing, but is shielded against enemy attacks.
Pretty much everyone that attempted the trench run and didn't succeed died, right? It's enough of a trap on it's own.
>>
>>44356054
It was ray shielded to be proof against blasters, but proton torpedoes worked.
>>
>>44355929
I would instead make multiple small thermal exhaust ports. Enough for there to be redundancy, something I appreciate as an engineer.

Redundancy.
>>
File: Hqdefaul.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Hqdefaul.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>44355929
The perfume department.
>>
>>44355929
Another, smaller deathstar
>>
I turn the exhaust port into an alternate barrel for the planet-destroying laser.

I put like a dozen sturdy grates at different intervals over the vent.

Then I complain about what a waste a planet-size station is when we could instead have entire fleets of star destroyers capable of subjugating a planet and taking its resources rather than blowing it up. I mean yeah there's a lot of planets, but blowing one up is such a waste, and the power output required is crazy.
>>
>>44355929

It's fantasy, so I invent a heat destroyer and install it miles beneath the surface with as many redundant backups as possible.
>>
>>44355929
A giant net that will catch any proton torpedoes or bags of moldy peaches thrown in

Also the trench will arc ion weapon fire back and forth between each side near the end.

Also we're going to use multiple smaller power cores scattered around the station instead of one fuckall huge one that brings down everything if it goes.
>>
>>44355929
Easy. A larger more powerful Death Star.
>>
>>44355929
Build it into coruscant so the terrorists have to kill a shit zillion civilians to destroy it. Have a failsafe so the core can be blown remotely at any time.

Take that, do-gooders.
>>
Building the thermal exhaust port for the Death Star, or indeed, any contracted work on the Death Star is a lucrative position.

If I make the exhaust port unassailable, then the Death Star cannot be destroyed. This is clearly a bad business move, since I know that the Empire and even remnants of it have an inexplicable love for giant doomsday battle stations.

Therefore, I do nothing and make it exactly as it was in the movies. I keep making Death Star exhaust ports as weak points, the Death Stars keep getting destroyed, and the Empire keeps making them. I'm set for life.
>>
>>44356369

Or it could go this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZu-gOeBF8s
>>
>>44356545
Considering it's built to specifications, it's not my fault if it keeps getting blown up. Just because the Empire isn't smart enough to realize that the thermal exhaust port weakness is a bad idea while I do realize it is a bad idea, doesn't mean I have to correct the problem.

I'm not an architect, I'm a builder.
>>
>>44356105

That's EXACTLY what the Death Star 2 had. Thousands of tiny ones. It's only because it was half finished that they were able to get to the core.
>>
>>44356369
Don't forget that Palpatine kept killing and resurrecting the man who designed the death stars.
>>
File: CWxKbFpWcAAOwzm.jpg (68 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
CWxKbFpWcAAOwzm.jpg
68 KB, 600x750
>>44355985
>>
>>44355929
Just put tiered energy shields similar to the ones used in star ship hangars behind it that open from bottom to top one by one.

So the energy capillaries/valves open like this Core >3>2>1 every few minutes.
>>
>>44355929
considering how much heat a moon sized space station must generate, perhaps figure out a way for it to be weaponised or at least have the heat used for something, like perhaps recycle it into a lifesupport system or use it to mess with rebel sensors through sudden spikes in energy readings to mess with their targeting.
>>
I actually rewatched this the other night, I remembered the port being retarded but rewatching it I actually like how the rebels only discover the weakness through analysing the plans closely and how the empire thinks they're utterly insane until someone figures out what they're aiming for, runs the numbers and figures out that there is a small chance they can pull it off.
>>
>>44358185
Kinda wish they'd thought of that rather than what actually was the case
>>
File: U.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
U.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>44355929
>What is Thermal exhaust port now?
>>
>>44356150
Blowing up one planet increases the efficiency with which you can exploit other planets.
>>
>>44358788
And even then, the rebels only won because of Bullshit Space Magic - if they'd just had regular pilots, even a larger number of them, they wouldn't have succeeded
>>
>>44358002
Faked. Never trust anything you see on reddit.
>>
>>44360359
>Kinda wish they'd thought of that rather than what actually was the case
Why thank you. It'd certainly have been more of a challenge and Kenobi was skulking about inside anyway.
>>
File: road_runner_visits_brazil.jpg (181 KB, 720x1850) Image search: [Google]
road_runner_visits_brazil.jpg
181 KB, 720x1850
>>44360784
>Faked. Never trust anything you see on reddit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.