[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Legacy General - Canadian Threshold edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 223x310
Is Thresh still a top tier deck?

How do we save legacy?

How would you, if you were Wizards, reprint legacy staples in a new set?
>>
I'd say "SUCK MY DICK GROGNARDS, YOUR COLLECTIONS DO NOT PAD MY WALLET" and then I'd reprint everything on the reserved list. SIMULTANEOUSLY.

All would be at mythic rare status. People would buy packs hand over fucking fists and about 50 fat useless pieces of fucking shit with their Vintage/Legacy collections would kill themselves and NO ONE would care because they do not benefit the game at all.
>>
>>44351944
Honestly why the fuck does wizards care about retards with their 50 foil Jaces and Force of Wills? Ive been trying to get into legacy for ages but I cant fucking find any cards
>>
>>44352027
Even if you do, it's almost impossible to trade for them.
>>44351916
Legacy needs reprints outside of standard blocks, half of it would warp the format to much, so more like conspiracy with a shut ton of legacy stuff or a legacy masters like MM1 and 2. Legacy is alive on mtgo since there are no reprunt rules for digital.

>building/playing/hating
Just moved and can't find a decent legacy group which is painful
>>
>>44351916
Conspiracy 2.

Underground Bay - Island Swamp
{T}: Add {anus} to your mana pool.
{T}: Add U or B to your mana pool.

Rare.
>>
>>44352293
Thats the problem
Its not like they use them, or even play the game either. They just have them. The worst thing is that because they dont sell the people who try to have to sell for like half their value. In my Lgs the owner has his personal folder he sells from with 8 Jaces, 3 volcanics and tundras, but because theyre so fucking expensive theyve just sat there
>>
Why does legacy have the stereotype of being all turn 1-2 kills when that's not even remotely close to how the meta works, and only like three decks that come to mind can even go off that early?
>>
>>44351916
There are a few legacy cards that you straight up can't reprint in a standard or modern legal set. Force of will is the immediate problem that comes to mind, though there are plenty of others. You'd have to make vintage masters a paper set, and probably make legacy masters as well. Reserved lists are fucking stupid when it's reaching the point that people physically cannot play a format because there literally aren't enough cards in circulation for that to be possible.
>>
>>44352732
>Underground Bay - Island Swamp Waste
FIFY
>>
>>44352732
>>44355871
This is stronger than underground sea, so no please I don't want to have to buy 4 of them at a gorrillian dollars so I can run 8 underground seas.
>>
>>44355864
out of all the cards you could have mentioned, you chose the one that isnt on the reserved list
>>
>>44355871
Waste is not a land type
>>
>>44355864
Being able to play a format is a privilege that comes with being able to afford it. You are not entitled to a reprint of a children's trading card just because you're too poor to buy it today, the limited supply is what makes it special. If you want to play with any card you want so badly why don't you just use one of the many unofficial TCG online sites that let you do exactly that?
>>
>>44356790
Same could be said that no one is "Entitled" to cards retaining value so there should be more reprints if for no other reason that more product being sold that people want to buy is good for the available number of players. Either because it ensures that those formats continue to be available in the future, more people play in them, or wizards making money off magic incentivizes them to continue to make magic.

People buying second hand forces, or other people desperate enough to get their hands on duals that go to a counterfeiter even if they don't intend to sell, do not profit wizards which adds nothing to the wellbeing of magic that reprinting cards that are too scarce wouldn't.

If I had to make the decision on how to bring more legacy staples into circulation I would just reprint them in expedition style packs, forcing people to open new product to find them, even if they buy them as singles that means some one opened the packs so I don't give a fuck. However make it more likely. Not one foil mythic rare per expedition pack but a full 15 random staples if you manage to pull one. I want to see underground seas at 80$,
>>
>>44355864
>Reserved lists are fucking stupid when it's reaching the point that people physically cannot play a format because there literally aren't enough cards in circulation for that to be possible.

Except you're missing the important part. Wizard's don't WANT people playing eternal formats. They don't provide enough future business, unlike Standard where players keep purchasing each rotation.

They make token efforts to keep it alive for the tournament scene because people get excited about it, but they don't want more people to join in.
>>
>>44355864
I think force would be fine in modern. Its not even on the reserve list, and is pretty bad against fair decks.

The duals are the real problem.
>>
Does anyone here play combo decks? Storm? Belcher? Cephalid Breakfast?

I play No-Land Belchercross and Doomsday.
>>
>>44359088
How does Doomsday actually win? I've wondered this for a while
>>
I actually like the game and I would reprint every card to oblivion, nothing would cost more than $20 on the secondary market

Try to get good cards in the casuals hands so that they try to play competitively and invest more time and money into the hobby
>>
Has anyone tried porting amulet bloom to legacy? With the elvish spirit guides and lotus petals it seems like you could combo off a lot more on turn 1.
Also even if you don't get the dull combo, a 6/6 in legacy is fucking huge, I can't imagine you'd lose many games with a primeval titan in play. You could even search up a Thespians stage dark depths combo for the next turn.
>>
>>44355972
There are no decks in the format that get significantly better by running more than 4 seas. Hell, there are barely any that run 4 of any dual as it is. Only one I can think that would get a little better is Scapewish Nic Fit, which runs a 5th Taiga over the Stomping Ground.
>>
>>44359088
BELCHERRRRRRRRR

I don't play Recross Belcher though, just straight up.
>>
>>44359221
Another Doomsdayfag here.
Depends on what you have in play. Common win needs Top in play, 2 blue and a colorless floating (can be from LED). The pile is Ideas Unbound, Probe, LED, LED, Burning Wish.

Tap top, get and cast Ideas. You now have Probe and LED in hand, pile is Top, LED, Wish. Play LED, play probe, cast top. Play second LED. Tap top, hold priority, crack and LED for red and an LED for black. Wish, Tendrils, GG.

Of course, there are a lot of variations on this that cost more/less mana based on hand or boardstate.

Please don't ban top WotC.
>>
>>44359088
Been thinking about building ANT. My LGS allows for legacy tournies with up to 10 proxies, so I can do without getting most of the expensive pieces (ones that I don't already have like LED).
>>
>>44359616
ANT isn't horrendously expensive, is it? Most of the stuff is <15 years old and aren't rares. LED and lands are the only things I can think of that would be legitimately prohibitively expensive. Everything else probably costs *some* money, but not any more than modern cards would.
>>
>>44359616
I have ant + some proxies it's a ton of fun
>>44360388
It's dirt cheap for most of the cards. Big costs are LED, duals, and a 3 cmc tutor
>>
File: grixis.png (445 KB, 1408x540) Image search: [Google]
grixis.png
445 KB, 1408x540
26th for grixis
>>
>>44360453
Most lists don't even run Grim Tutor anymore, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>44352732
anus
Calling it butts mana is equivalent to calling mana sun/water/skull/fire/tree mana.
which I do on purpose
>>
>>44362085
You monster.
>>
File: animelewd.gif (3 MB, 366x325) Image search: [Google]
animelewd.gif
3 MB, 366x325
>Her face when she finds out I play lands.dec
>>
>>44359088
Belcher looks fun as fuck, been thinking about getting that
>>
File: Belcher 001 (Large).jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Belcher 001 (Large).jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
>>44359088
I've played ANT/Belcher/TPS over the years. It's fun and silly when you can just turn 1/2 them. Also most of the storm lists are really easy to get.

my list from a few years back.
>>
>>44351916
>Don't know

>Get rid of the reserved list

>Second verse same as the first and then do a modern masters esque set.
>>
>>44362742
>Stomping Ground
>Not Taiga

Are you just trying to put people on tilt or what.
>>
>>44364709
It actually isn't that critical. The two life isn't super relevant most of the time.
>>
File: DualsFinal 001 (Large).jpg (745 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DualsFinal 001 (Large).jpg
745 KB, 2304x1728
>>44364709
at the time I didn't have taigas.

Also what that other dude said - losing 2 life means fuckall when you can win on turn 1.
>>
>>44365758
>>44362742
How do you like playing without Probes? I've found that having 8 draw effects is really solid. I even want to work in a Street Wraith or two, the draw on turn 0 is just so powerful.
>>
File: WelderCurrent 001 (Large).jpg (796 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
WelderCurrent 001 (Large).jpg
796 KB, 2304x1728
>>44366136
I played it before New Phyrexia even existed. If I rebuilt it i'd probably consider both Probes and Wraiths.

beating face with robots is more fun to me anyway.
>>
>>44366232
Understandable. And yeah, Welder is a really fun deck. I approve, good sir.
>>
>>44356790
>is a privilege
>You are not entitled

kek
>>
I like miracles.
>>
>>44351916
Is Thresh still a top tier deck?
Legacy? no death and taxes just won last big legacy tournament.
How do we save legacy?
You cant due to reserve list.
How would you, if you were Wizards, reprint legacy staples in a new set?
Do something like Modern Masters instead for legacy.
>>
>>44369373
'tis the season, I guess
>>
>>44356790
You people are the cancer that is killing legacy.
The supply of cards keeps falling, and the demand stays consistant. Eventually they will equalise, and legacy will just die.
Its either reprint, or eventually your cards lose ALL their value
>>
>>44352732
Wizards reprints Duals in a supplimental set that give each opponent 2 life when they ETB untapped(backwards shockland). How does this affect legacy as a format?
>>
>>44369944
We save it the same way you would save anything that is suffering from a supply shortage, increase supply. Enough of the legacy staples have the potential to fuck standard sideways like JtMS did so you would have to do the reprints through a means that skipped being playable in standard like MM
>>44370289
Neat idea, but it wouldn't be too playable I feel. You play a heal land, I get a free probe from it and can go more balls to the wall. More importantly though, people run mostly duals so if you were to replace them with a heal land, you would end up giving your opponents like 10 extra life and fucking any tempo over in the process
>>
How does /tg/ feel about no-reserve-list legacy as a format?
>>
>>44352027
Originally because the game was close to dying when the value of certain cards tanked after massive reprints. These days the reserved list does not serve a real purpose, and all Wizards ever says on the matter is that they are commited to their promise. It's easy to deduce that the real reason is the threat of legal action from retailers and collectors if they got rid of the reserved list. Regardless of how likely Wizards thinks it is that they would win, they have calculated that whatever profits they would be able to make from it would be less than the court costs.
>>
>>44372753
It'd just be Modern without a ban list.
>>
>>44372950
Nonsense, you don't have Force of Will or Wasteland or any number of format-defining cards in Modern. I think the biggest losses would be duals and LED.
>>
>>44372753
I've never really looked at it, so I can't talk about how it plays
It shouldn't have to exist though, availability is a problem and sweeping the reserved list under a rug isn't going to make it go away. The reserved list isn't what's stopping them from reprinting FoW or Imperial Recruiter. WotC doesn't want people getting into the format because then they aren't cracking packs or creating a demand for others to crack packs. If they thought it was in their best interests, they'd suddenly realize the Reserved List wasn't actually as binding as they had thought, thanks to the power of a well payed legal department.

Regardless, I don't really like the idea.
It would definitely kill some fringe decks that I think are cool, like MUD and Aluren, and make some other decks like Elves suck if not kill them completely.
And then you're going to need to ban something significant out of Miracles because it loses almost nothing, relatively, and is already the best deck.
It just seems like it would work out to be a less interesting version of Legacy, in exchange for not really fixing any of its problems.
>>
>>44373059
Wasteland would be less relevant in a format where you can't fetch duals without losing to burn.
>>
File: UtilityLands 002 (Large).jpg (735 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
UtilityLands 002 (Large).jpg
735 KB, 2304x1728
Was Ded Moroz good to you?
>>
>>44372753
Post reserve list format would be more interesting, like a hyper-extended format.
>>
/tg/ I've been screwing around with RUG midrange. Its basically shardless, but you get 8 cascade dudes instead of 4.

http://deckstats.net/deck-8666565-4463d5b9fa33b06279fffdd8ec14d3b2.html
>>
>>44375644
Needs 4 Delvers. If you can't apply damage fast, you're going to get burned out by control decks. Miracles and Lands will eat this.
>>
>>44375825
you need a lot more spells to reliably flip delver
>>
>>44375839
Then the deck is bad.
>>
>>44375853
Is shardless bad?
>>
>>44375644
Is losing the hand disruption and removal worth the extra cascaders?
>>
>>44375644
Needs more brainstorm
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.