[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minotaurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 388x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 388x600
How would you make a Minotaur society work?
How would you no magic realm?
How would you full magic realm?
>>
>Dragonlance
>>
>>44349861
Milk and cheese puns everywhere
>>
>>44349861
What does this "minotaur" society even entail? The minotaur is a unique creature in myth, so you'd first have to define the race you just invented.

>How would you no magic realm?
I wouldn't

>How would you full magic realm?
Minotaur's always sire and/or birth more minotaurs, they have no society behind roaming tribes of raiders.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 640x836) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 640x836
>>44350059
The race? It's fucking cow people man. Regardless how it started out the world Minotaur is recognized as almost any mix of man and cow
>>
>>44350227
No it isn't and you fucking know it.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 736x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 736x566
>>44350237
Oh? Then what would you call the race of pic related?
>>
>>44350397
Satyr. Or something else. That there certainly aint no Minotaur, just like a fish with legs aint no Mermaid.
>>
>>44350397
A horny slut.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 558x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 558x765
>>44350397
>>44350227
Get your magical realm out of here, THIS is a minotaur
>>
>Minotaurs typically require lots of food, so they would likely have a lot of people specializing in acquiring tons of food: namely year-round agriculture and fishing, since cattle and sheep take too damn long to grow.

>They also are typically very aggressive and dominant creatures, so their culture would need a strong sense of hierarchy, even outright militarism, for order to be maintained among hundreds or even thousands of minotaurs all competing to be "top dog".

>Minotaurs who venture outside this society are likely to be mercenaries or hard laborers, such as construction engineers, miners, or deckhands on a ship.

That's just my idea, do what you will with it. I'm assuming you want this society to be able to fit into the world in some way with the others. However, if you want a more isolated or disorderly society, then tribalism would likely be the way to go.
>>
>>44350397
Monstergirl fapbait.
>>
>>44350541
There would need to be females of there race anon
>>44350576
I'm thinking more civilized heard baced society
>>
>>44349861

We came up with something like this a while back. IIRC it went from the idea of fermented siliage to Minotaurs basically being heavily Korean inspired (via Kimchi).

Minotaurs are a society that is heavily agricultural, views a fermented vegitable product as only slightly less essential than water, is very traditional, doesn't have much of a tradition of conquest being surrounded variously by elves (not! China), orcs (not Russia), and humans (not Japan), but has a strong military tradition because of the need to fight off the two of their neighbors who are kill crazy bastards, and the other neighbor who's an ancient hegemonic power.

Can't remember much more, but it was a neat change of pace for Minotaurs generally.
>>
>>44350621
Herd-based? Then you still may want to go along with what I said, but have them ruled by a matriarch. Among many social mammal species, females tend to be dominant, such as Elephants and Whales. A society ruled by a line of matriarchs would also add some variety. And also, since you're going to make them herd-based, you're going to want to make them EXTREMELY agrarian, in order to maintain a food supply high enough to feed them all.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 423x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 423x512
>>44350621
Here you go, a REAL Minotaur woman! None of that stick arms no muscle bullshit!
>>
Men and women are virgin-eating rape machines and cowgirls

The Minotaur (of Cretan fame) is a direct ancestor of their entire species, and they all have a major chip on their shoulder about being the progeny of an abominable rapemurdercannibalism gods-cursed monster, such that mentioning "minotaur" by name is faux pas.
>>
File: Female-tauren-shaman.jpg (44 KB, 224x404) Image search: [Google]
Female-tauren-shaman.jpg
44 KB, 224x404
Would mentioning WoW be a faux pas? Cause the Tauren are basically an example of a Minotaur society.
>>
>>44351013

I don't see why it would. Blizzard was pretty successful with their minotaur society and making real tangible characters within it. Even having a rival tribe of the Grimtotem to show that the race has their own internal disputes. Drawing inspiration from something like that is (in my opinion) what you should be doing.
>>
>>44351088
Dubs speak true. World of Warcraft actually had a lot of good ideas back in the day, and Tauren were one of the things they handled well.
>>
A race of marauders and beasts, with their spirits broken and culture shattered in order to protect the weak. The few remaining minotaurs are sellswords who cling to an identity that will be lost in a generation.
>>
I don't condone Magical Realm shit on my /tg/, but as far as adding them to a serious campaign as a race:

My friend made a setting a long time ago, where Minotaurs were a peaceful race of traders that worshipped a fertility goddess. They traded far and wide, using giant flat ships that carried tons of crates and units of trade goods.

There was a special caste of warrior scholars among them that were great architects.
>>
File: Minotaur_-_Sam_Wood.jpg (85 KB, 400x611) Image search: [Google]
Minotaur_-_Sam_Wood.jpg
85 KB, 400x611
>>44350397
>>44350227
Hot, but ultimately not minotaurs. This is minotaurs.

>>44349861
I can't condone any attempt at forming a minotaur "society". They'll get hungry and start raiding nearby settlements to feed their great appetites.
>>
File: anathema__minotaurs_by_wen_m.jpg (397 KB, 1272x1078) Image search: [Google]
anathema__minotaurs_by_wen_m.jpg
397 KB, 1272x1078
Best depiction of female minotaurs coming through.
>>
>>44351753
But the best way to feed great appetites is agriculture, which is helped greatly by forming a society.
>>
>>44351013
Tauren are pretty far from the mythological depiction of Minotaurs. I could see generic bull and cow people forming a society, but Minotaurs are strictly flesh-eating accursed abominations as far as I'm concerned.
>>
There are only male minotaurs. They can sire more minotaurs by mating with / raping human females or cows, and the resulting offspring will always be a minotaur.
>>
File: Proper Beastie.jpg (35 KB, 490x640) Image search: [Google]
Proper Beastie.jpg
35 KB, 490x640
>>44351753
Minotaurs usually are solitary creatures but a powerful enough Bull can sometimes father enough sons and daughters to form war parties, to which they usually go on killing sprees across weakling Human countrysides before the Bull is either killed or loses interest in that particular area.
>>
>>44352783
Are you the same dude whose orcs breed by raping pigs? If so, is that the general theme of your beastmen?
>>
>>44352981

Nope, but that seems like a pretty neat idea. It'd probably work better for games that are pre-medieval era though, just so it's clearer you're drawing on rape-happy mythology for inspiration and not your fetish.
>>
>>44352691
Wouldn't the girls have udders?
>>
>>44353430
Udders make sense for quadrupeds, breasts make sense for bipeds.
>>
>>44352746
God you sound like the same kind of fag that gets pissed when the term Pegasus is used as the name of the race and not just that one flying horse.

Language evolves, the term Minotaur might have started out that way but now it's synonymous with cow person
>>
>>44353499
I guess that makes sense, still feels like something's missing when a cow...thing doesn't have them
>>
>>44349861
Have you ever looked into Dragonlance?
Minotaurs are actually a standard player race.
As fare as society they have an empire. They even have a god that favors them.
>>
>>44353511
I'm not wrong for sticking to the classical representation. It's fine if people want to do variations on a theme and try and make something new out of the spare parts of old things, but if they do that without actual knowledge of the source myth it makes their tweaks a little more hollow.

Like how pre-renaissance artists made etchings of etchings of etchings of etchings made by some guy who had heard a secondhand account of what a dolphin looks like and that's why all those animals look super fucked up. In the end, if you want to make something new from something old, you should do what blizzard did and at least call them something new.

That's just my opinion on the matter. There's certainly no wrong way to do fantasy, after all.

And it's not people getting pegasus wrong that bothers me, it's medusa.
>>
>>44350621
Yeah, because the logical female equivalent of a minotaur - human body covered in fur, bull head and legs - is a girl with horns.
Stop thinking with your penis dammit.
>>
File: minoten.jpg (57 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
minoten.jpg
57 KB, 500x618
>Bitches be postin satyrs and orcs with horns
please
>>
>>44350621
>need to be females
my magical realm rape race disagrees
>>
>>44357777
checked
>>
it would be aMAZEING
>>
>>44349861

> How would you full magic realm?

Minotaurs have no females. They reproduce only by rape. They're also single, powerful monsters that make labyrinths and dungeons their home, instead of an actual race.
>>
>>44350621

>There would need to be females of there race anon

Dude, bitches love minotaurs. There's a story on /tg/ about how a female adventuring group decided to work together to fuck an undead one.
>>
>>44357777

...Any more of these pics? For uh... science and stuff.

On a serious note, in my game minotaurs are one of the main races. They have a nomadic lifestyle that revolves around their animal herds' migrations. Their society is led by the highest ranking and most knowledgeable beast keepers. Also because tauren were my favorite race in WoW, I drew on the whole "nature loving and very wise" thing as well.
>>
>>44349861
No society. They are a monstrous hybrid created in a dark ritual involving the breeding of a sacrificial bull and a high priestess of the Horned God. The gestation period is the same for the mother's race, but the minotaur child grows until it physically bursts from the womb, typically killing the mother in the process. It can walk within minutes and is lethal within hours, but only reaches full size after 13 days of gorging on sacrificial flesh. It is mad with bloodlust from birth and it consumes the corpse of its mother to fuel it's rapid growth.
>>
>>44356869
Hay don't have a cow man. Chill
>>
File: forte-do-triunfo-mapa2pq.jpg (220 KB, 745x1000) Image search: [Google]
forte-do-triunfo-mapa2pq.jpg
220 KB, 745x1000
>Tapista is made of minotaurs which go full roman empire.
>They worship the God of Strentgh
>the weak should serve the strong, while the strong should protect the weak.
>All minos are male, so they have harems of female concubines.
>Male childs become minotaurs and female have the mother's race.
>They enslave many people, to serve and protect (in theory).
>rape obviously happens, but the authors backed off from discussing it.
>fear of heights
>roman architecture with labyrinthine design like pic.
>poor minos have only a single concubine/wife/slave.
>treat women just like romans did, like property.
>roman culture fits these minos quite well
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 345x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 345x678
All this talk of only male Minotaurs existing.
Why don't you guys want a nice fertile lactating heifer?
>>
>>44349861
Minotaurs are all sterile due to their nature as hybrids. However, that doesn't stop them from fucking everything in sight.
>"Little man bend over. Ivan want sweet human booty, da?"
>>
>>44349861
Humans occasionally birth minotaurs, and those with more emotion than sense let them loose or raise them instead of an appropriate smite.

Downside to magic in the world and whatnot 1/100 babies are minotaurs.

>not magical realm
They are sterile like miles and live isolated lives. Sometimes societies form due to their long lives and threaten war if humans don't turn over their Minotaur children.

>magical realm
Minotaurs must bang humans to reproduce, complete with rare female minotaurs always producing milk and whatever else.
>>
>>44353110
Makes sense. Minotaur is a Greek monster anyway.
>>
We did this once before.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/27100104/

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/26463769/
>>
>>44360399

>lactating heifer

Do you even know what heifer means?
>>
>>44349861
>How would you make a Minotaur society work?
they are evil aberration made with the curse of a god. I don't think they're built to have social interactions except murder and rape
like always: you avoid being retarded
this is probably the stupidest question I've read this month
>>
File: 1392406843648.jpg (48 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
1392406843648.jpg
48 KB, 350x345
>>44360490
>>44360399
>>44356953
>>44357777
get that shit outta here
>>
>>44352815
This is best. Minotaurs should not be making cities or villages, they should be violent and brutal wanderers eating folks and taking treasures while living in small family bands, like ogres or whatnot.
>>
>>44349861

We had a full load of threads on this a few years ago and it was thoroughly awful, check the archive.
>>
Check out The Clay That Woke, it's a game all about playing minotaurs
>>
>>44351142
Yeah, I hate to sound line of those "vanilla WoW was amazing" types, but it DID have some very interesting lore on almost all of the races, as well as the general world itself.
>>
>>44358251
>They're also single, powerful monsters that make labyrinths and dungeons their home

But the whole point of the original myth was that the minotaur couldn't escape the labyrinth that was its prison.
>>
>>44349861
Dragonlance has had minotaurs as a major race and culture in the setting since the 80s.
>>
>>44349861
>not playing The Clay That Woke
Get on my level
>>
>>44360399
I do, actually. Desperately.
>>
>>44360349
>Tormenta Rpg
mah nigga
>>
>>44349861
Greeks
They are Greeks so that'd be more or less impossible due to boyfucking
Make them female dominated and muscular, huge titted and lactating, /ss/ loving minotaurgirls everywhere
>>
>>44349861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65mvAELWq_8
>>
>>44365527
I the cut of your jib
>>
>>44350227
No, it is a bull head and a human body, not some combination of human and cow traits to be sexy. The minotaur was a monster, it was a person with the head of a bull, presumably it couldn't talk and even if it did it probably wouldn't care what you say because it is a monster whose father dropped it in a giant ass maze for the rest of its life and feeds it human children. Minotaur females would presumably look similarly monstrous.

Regardless how I would probably do a minotaur society would vary depending on how closely I want to follow the myth. If I want to follow the myth I would probably make them small bands of raiders that live off of human flesh. They are physically incapable of human speech due to their bovine face and tongue. Most societies see them as pests and they are generally seen as something that is okay to kill on sight. In order to make them a functioning society however one could expand them to say that they are fully capable of reason and can potentially write and understand humanoid languages. The kill on sight idea would probably still exist but they could still potentially see use as thugs and mercenaries.

If I wanted to try a society that is more stable and feasible we could take cues from what we know of their actual biology. Ignoring the issues with brain size and shit we can still assume that their psychology would be human, bovine, or a mix between the two, so taking this minotaurs tend to live in large nomadic tribes that function similarly to a herd. As they have a human body and gut they are capable of consuming meat and would gain almost nothing from consuming grass meaning that most of their diet will probably be fruits, vegetables, and grains, with meat being frowned upon because eating something with the same head as you is weird as shit and their teeth aren't good for eating meat. Beyond that I would probably look up how herds of ruminates function to further expand on their society, their leadership and whatnot.
>>
File: oterceirodeusnet.jpg (255 KB, 1600x742) Image search: [Google]
oterceirodeusnet.jpg
255 KB, 1600x742
>>44364101
To be honest I'm not a fan anymore.

Pisaram na bola em muita coisa, nas regras e cenário. Isso vindo dum cara que ainda considera Área de Tormenta o seu suplemento favorito.
>>
>>44349861

Bunch of violent savages, barely at clan level organization.

Anything else is retard tier
>>
File: iwd2_0107d04.jpg (44 KB, 388x600) Image search: [Google]
iwd2_0107d04.jpg
44 KB, 388x600
>>44349861
That's not a minotaur, that's a half-orc with fake horns and a piercing.
>>
>>44350576
>society centred on agriculture
>larger cultural units tend to be hierarchical
>wanderers in foreign lands/cultures most likely to be mercenaries or casual labourers

That's a hell of a species, what do you call it?

the humans
>>
Personally, I wouldn't.
Too many furries in my group, it would spoil quick.
Had enough trouble with Gau on shackled city.
>>
>>44351521
>on my /tg/
/tg/ does not belong to you, nor does it bend itself to your whims you narcissistic fucknuckle

Also have you been asleep since 2009? /tg/ has been waist deep in the piss forest for ages. Granted I personally think it's tiresome and trite at times, but I have no control over it and all I can do contribute to threads I like and if ore ones I don't.
>>
>>44349861
Magical douchebags that guard mazes because they're assholes.

Just have them be regular minotaur, nobody who isn't projecting is going to think they're magical realm.

Go full bara
>>
>>44349861
Big titted muscular /ss/ cowgirls
>>
>>44349861
Generally as cows act in general. The females are a harem to single bulls, their family house and land are their territory, the females are chosen for their breeding stock to continue to turn out strong bull fighters and good wives, bulls routinely fight for right of harem members or whole harems, obviously patriarchal and violent towards most, raiding parties would be common to get supplies and materials not available in their semi nomadic life ranging from the summer to winter homes and back, elections would be deathmatches between the strongest and current leader who also has the biggest harem for being the strongest, generally quite strong and endurable but not very smart, odd attractions to shiny and/or goddy things that they'll use to display wealth, weapons would be pretty simple probably reaching cold forged copper form purish ore chunks found but more commonly flint, bone, and rock weapons, natural aversion to loud noises and thus fear the weather setting up a religion designed to appease the gods above during the stormy seasons.
>>
>>44359697
blackchain
I think.
>>
>>44371309
>Big titted muscular /ss/ cowgirls
drop the /ss/ and I'm sold
>>
>>44372672
How about just making it optional?
>>
>>44373592
Done. I'll take half a dozen.
>>
>>44350462
>half cow
>Satyr
>>
>>44366646
nao sou aquele anon mas acho que ele nao fala ptbr
>>
>>44373612
Deal
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.