[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writefag General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1369764780080.jpg (152 KB, 597x900) Image search: [Google]
1369764780080.jpg
152 KB, 597x900
Haven't seen one of these in ages, and it's the holiday season so why aren't you writing /tg/?

Me? I've got writer's block, please send help.

>What are you writing
>What's your hangup
>What did you end up including that you never saw coming?
>How do you find time in the day for writing?
>What are you reading right now?
>What's your main source of inspiration?
>What is your drink of choice?

pic unrelated. Anyone got that daily reminder cap that used to be used to open these threads?
>>
>>44349594
>>What are you writing
I'm that guy writing cyberpunk who's always in these threads and still hasn't sent the damn thing out for publishing because of infinite editting.

>>What's your hangup
I need to write 3 news articles for inter chapter information. I seem to have run out of things to fill in that are relevant to the plot, because I'm at the climax and all the important information has been given in the narrative because I'm not a complete fuck up.

>>What did you end up including that you never saw coming?
The romance angle between the main character and the AI was a product of conversation revision.

>>How do you find time in the day for writing?
I fucking don't. Full time job killed my life.

>>What are you reading right now?
Between books actually, have wheel of time #2 on hold at the library, looking for an audio book to buy. Just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, was alright

>>What's your main source of inspiration?
According to my friends who read my stuff, apparently it's anime. But they're filthy plebs who only watch Shounen and think everything is like shounen like it's some kind of pinnacle of gung ho or something.

>>What is your drink of choice?
Hard cider
>>
>>44349594
>What are you writing
Absinthe
>What's your hangup
Absinthe
Absinthe
Absinthe
Absinthe
Absinthe
TAKE A GUESS
>>
File: 1355184186198.jpg (77 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
1355184186198.jpg
77 KB, 480x359
>What are you writing
A collection of light cyberpunk short stories that will add up to somewhat of a novel. I think. I've only finished the first 28 pages.
>What's your hangup
Steam sale and all these new games to play.
I originally plotted my story to involve the protagonist succeeding at something very important. I then asked "What if she failed?" and everything fell into place.
Every day, before bed. Even if it's just a little bit of editting, I don't allow myself to sleep unless I've done some writing.
I, Asimov, his last autobiography. I dig autobiographies a lot, and Asimov is my favourite.
Call me cliche, but I try to draw inspiration from reality. When I let myself get a bit fanciful, Asimov and Shadowrun.
Strongbow, all the way.
>>
>>44349594
>what are you writing?
a 40k murder mystery
>what's the hangup?
too busy during Christmas time. Plan to get it going once it's finally over.
>what did you end of including that you never saw coming?
Mystery at all. Trying to do something that I've never written before, and I want to see if I can make it work.
I haven't found any yet
Hammer and Anvil
>What's your main source of inspiration
Too hard to pin down. I'm an impresionable fag.
Comrade Pibb.
>>
File: 1447983269468.jpg (676 KB, 2313x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447983269468.jpg
676 KB, 2313x1300
>>44349594
>What are you writing
Like the other writefags here, a cyberpunk about a group of rogues sent to the metropolitan area of an enemy nation to basically do rogue stuff that will cripple said nation's infrastructure

>What's your hangup
I want to do too many other things during the day. Main one is video games though. still hooked on them like some sort of child

Not completely sure yet, but I think I might make the setting in a real world future to take a bit of a load off world building
I have an event based schedule so im basically somewhere between NEET and employed. I have plenty of time so long as I have the self control to not meme or shitpost on the internet I can make time to write
Dune. For someone who "loves science fiction" it's a little embarrassing that I haven't read that yet
Like anon up there, animu. Also just reading in general, but animu for some reason gets the imagination flowing a little better
water with ice
>>
Does anyone know how hard it is to get drug-store tier fantasy novels published? Someone has to be writting all those pulpy novels
>>
>What are you writing
Mostly scraps of plot that I'm trying to stitch together
>What's your hangup
My players are using "Do my sidequest" as an excuse to try and ignore everything I put in front of them, and as a code to say "Fuck your worldbuilding"
Because one of them is mechanically more attractive than the others, her character is winding up being the target of all the horny perverts in the wasteland (Actual quote: "What do you mean nothing happens to us? [She]'s got the Attractive edge, so they should at least be interested in her"
Inner monologue becomes outer monologue, becomes "I need to flesh this idea out a bit more", plus, the only other option is watching shit on youtube, and occasionally hammering f5 on boards
I'm out of books right now. I'm hoping to get the new omnibus from the Afterblight Chronicles for christmas. That's a good shared-author series
Mostly songs and stuff. I really want to have my player stumble across a backyard nuclear bunker, with the wall cracked open, diary entries about "The coming war" with the last entry coming months before the bombs, and a pair of skeletons in embrace, with poison and cups nearby
At this moment, and generally? Water, or green tea that's been brewing all day, with constant hot water refills. Alcoholically? I've recently taken a liking to Guinness.
>>
>>44349594
>>What are you writing
I promised someone smut.
>>What's your hangup
I feel like I'm mouldering, awful at the thing I went to school for five years to learn how to do, and would rather erp than write smut
>>What did you end up including that you never saw coming?
n/a
>>How do you find time in the day for writing?
I don't, really.
>>What are you reading right now?
User manuals. They aren't particularly riveting reading.
>>What's your main source of inspiration?
god only knows.
>>What is your drink of choice?
Tea.
>>
>>44354976
It's a small group of people who write 3-5 a year each. It's surprisingly hard. Even at that level, they're relying on name recognition.
>>
Does trying to write a campaign plot count? Because I am not a writer, and I'm trying to come up with a logical, coherent storyline and it is literally impossible to get second opinions because everyone is a retard with horrible ideas, and I'm a retard with no ideas.
>>
>What are you writing
Fantasy Campaign Setting
>What's your hangup
Getting off my ass and actually getting what's in my head down in text.
Lobotomized Dragon
By neglecting my responsibilities.
/tg/
Stories on /tg/
Maine-Root Ginger Brew
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.