[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Island Quest 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 27
File: The Island 1.jpg (20 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
The Island 1.jpg
20 KB, 300x223
Welcome to The Lost Island Quest. Last thread our hero, Alan Rodain, defeated a group of shape shifters, discovered one had taken the place of one of his allies, assured the bonds of friendship with Gabby remained strong and asked a question. Now, he struggles to explain himself.

http://pastebin.com/W5vqnRBU (Character Sheet)
http://pastebin.com/3LPDLd9u (NPCs)

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=lost+island
>>
“Dolah! Dolah! Do you think I'm – HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.” Eve has finally gotten back up to a standing position. Dolah sighs as Eve's cascade of laughter finally comes to a most likely temporary lull. Before you let yourself get any redder you leap to inform them why you just asked that question.

“Listen. I can explain why I asked that.”

Dolah nods. “I can too. Alan, go to bed. You've been up for twenty four hours and you look exhausted. That's not healthy. You need some sleep.”

You think to yourself. You've actually been up for twenty six hours doing multiple strenuous activities. You do feel very tired. But you can't let them get the wrong idea about what you said. “No, but I can tell you a very good reason for why –”

“Then tell us after you've gotten some sleep, Alan. You'll be much more eloquent. We'll listen.”

You nod your head and relent. She's right. You'll be up at around noon anyhow. You say your goodbyes to Eve and Dolah before heading towards the Circle. You climb up to the fourth floor and give Ed a quick hello while he reads. You collapse in bed.

You open your eyes to see the sun is now high in the sky, directly overhead. Ed's still reading the book he was reading when you went to sleep. As you remember everything you did yesterday, the second wave of embarrassment hits you and you put your hands over your eyes for a moment as you groan into your pillow.

Ed looks towards you for a moment, before going back to his book.

>Just gather the troops and get debriefed
>Find Gabby and explain everything to her
>Read a book (write-in)
>>
>>44345661
>>Find Gabby and explain everything to her
Gotta try to fix it.
>>
>>44345661
Regardless of what we do, I bet this isn't going away anytime soon. I mean we have Eve on our team.
>>
>>44345817
We must find a spell to manipulate their memories!
>>
>>44345661
>Have some small talk with Ed before heading out
"Ed, have you ever been so tired that you say something without thinking about it's implications?"

After that
>>
>Wisdom in the Flesh (Add Wisdom to AC when not wearing armor)
We should stop using our Breastplate. Currently our AC armored and unarmored is equal.
>>
Writing!

>>44345879
Incorrect currently. Right now, your breastplate and shield make up 7 AC. Your wisdom would provide 3 AC. Your armor does not restrict your dexterity yet, but will if it goes past 3.
>>
>>44345946
>Your armor does not restrict your dexterity yet
Oh yeah forgot about that.
>>
File: 1445522794663.jpg (202 KB, 900x646) Image search: [Google]
1445522794663.jpg
202 KB, 900x646
>>44345612
Uhull best quest is here!!
>>
"Ed, have you ever been so tired that you say something without thinking about it's implications?"

He laughs and turns to look at you from the central table. “What'd you say?”

“I asked a girl if she thought I was cute.”

He laughs again. “That's pretty funny. Did you say the word cute?”

You pause. “Yeah.”

“Well, how'd it go?”

“She slapped me on the ass and then walked away while the rest of my friends laughed at me.”

Ed puts his hand to his beard and scratches. “Well, I don't know about the laughing friends part, but in Orcish culture that sort of gesture would imply a desire to mate. Although, I'm pretty sure the male does it to the female. And while I can't say I've said anything very stupid because of exhaustion, I've definitely done some stupid things in my life.” Ed looks like he is regretting some past decision terribly. “In the grand scheme of things this sounds relatively minor. You can probably recover. And if you can't, just become a powerful enough caster that you can erase their memories.” Ed clicks his tongue.

After you get up out of bed and prepare yourself for your ablutions and food before you go find Gabby, Ed halts you with a question.

“Was it Quissonce you said this to?” He looks slightly concerned.

“No.”

“Oh, well then. Carry on!” He goes back to reading.

You make your way down to the second floor to grab lunch. You spot Quissonce and Eve talking, but give them a wide berth to avoid another round of cackling Eve. You leave the Circle and head to Seaside's main street, to the tavern you know. You open the doors and spot Gabby sitting at your group's usual spot. To her word, seems like she's drunk some ten or so drinks, but looks relatively sober. She's currently rolling some sort of paper that most likely contains tobacco.

You say most likely because, well, who knows.

>Explain everything
>Ask for her to share a smoke with you
>Chicken out
>Think about what you want to say (write-in)
>>
>>44346363
>>Think about what you want to say (write-in)
Explain our power and how something like a copied personality manifest itself sometimes.
>>
>>44346363
>“Was it Quissonce you said this to?” He looks slightly concerned.
>“No.”
>“Oh, well then. Carry on!” He goes back to reading.

Ed you're the best.

>Think about what you want to say (write-in)
No talk just punch her we don't know if it isn't another Doppel, let's make sure it's Gabby.
>>
>>44346450
Ed a shit.
>>
>>44346363
>>Ask for her to share a smoke with you
Need a smoke first.
>>
>>44346450
It's not. she's had 10 drinks and she is still sober.

The dopple couldn't replicate that remember?
>>
File: 1446191007345.jpg (314 KB, 674x772) Image search: [Google]
1446191007345.jpg
314 KB, 674x772
>>44346450
Suprise PUNCH!! Also this isn't a vote.
>>
>>44346517
You can't never be too sure anon. Besides this is how you flert with Gabby using our fists.
>>
>>44346363
>She smokes
Dolah was right, she is evil.

>Explain everything

>>44346450
>>44346475
Ed best husbando
>>
Writing!

Punch Gabby in her face as an opener? Y/N

Smoke whatever she's got? Y/N
>>
>>44346564
N
N
>>
>>44346564
N, a dopple would be wasted.
N
>>
>>44346564
IDK
N
>>
File: 1444953787681.jpg (93 KB, 790x842) Image search: [Google]
1444953787681.jpg
93 KB, 790x842
>>44346564

>Punch Gabby in her face as an opener?
Y

And after sex/fight.

>Smoke whatever she's got?
Y
>>
File: 1449564457367.gif (1 MB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
1449564457367.gif
1 MB, 268x278
>>44346578
>>44346595
>>44346599
You guys are no fun.
>>
>>44346564
N
Y
>>
File: Great will.jpg (66 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
Great will.jpg
66 KB, 448x473
>>44346721
I don't want to do something stupid again.
>>
You take a deep breath. Okay, time to make this all better. You stride towards your group spot in confidence, signaling one of the serving wenches as you go to bring you a drink. As you near the table Gabby looks up at you and smiles. As you sit down she speaks with all the snark she can muster.

“Hey cutie.” You will yourself to not blush or let that affect you. From the successive chuckling that comes afterwards you assume you were not entirely successful.

“Gabby, I was tired when I said that and there was a very good reason for it.”

She laughs and puts down the rolled paper she was about to light. “I'm all ears.” She leans back in her chair before gesturing for you to start.

“Alright. So, my learning powers have developed a fair bit. You know, the whole touch thing.” She nods. “Well, accompanying that development was a new power of sorts. In certain dire situations, when I need to draw upon the skills that I've learned from others I sometimes draw too much.” She quirks an eyebrow. “So, when I was attacked by those shape shifters I required your skills at avoiding attacks. It worked, but it worked too well. I didn't just assume your skills or fighting stance, I also took on your personality. More than that too. Your thought process almost. It was like I was you in my body.”
>>
Her eyes go wide and she waves her arms in mock panic. “Oh no.” She drops the act. “Sounds weird, but useful. What does this have to do with you being cute, though?” She picks up the cigarette she rolled and lights it before she begins smoking.

You clear your throat and explain more. “Well, while I was you. As me. A doppelganger I was fighting took my form. He looked exactly like me. And Gabby-me thought that doppelganger-me looked . . . cute.” You sit there after you've finished in silence.

She takes a drag from the cigarette. “OK.” You sit there in silence for a few more moments.

“So that's why I asked. Because obviously I don't think of myself as cute so I assumed it was your influence that thought of me as cute.”

She takes another drag. “Yeah, I understand.” Another few moments of silence. She seems to be more focused on smoking then talking.

“Well?” You pierce the silence so she looks at you again. She looks confused.

“What do you want? I already said yes.”

“Oh. I thought you were being sarcastic.”

“Well, yeah, in tone. Because you sounded like a self-conscious twelve year old girl.” Another pause.

Welp.

>Leave, go read a book (write-in what)
>I'm not cute, I'm handsome
>I think you're cute too
>Let's go grab the others and debrief now
>Say something else? (write-in)
>>
>>44347169
>>Let's go grab the others and debrief now
>>
>>44347169
>>
>>44347169
>>I'm not cute, I'm handsome...damnit
>>
File: 8534.jpg (53 KB, 342x500) Image search: [Google]
8534.jpg
53 KB, 342x500
>>44347169
>I'm not cute, I'm handsome

Sure you are Alan.
>>
>>44347169
Alan officially is a fuccboi now.
>>
File: Trumpeteer.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Trumpeteer.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>44347262
Well you guys did choose to become the heal-bitch.
>>
>>44347305
We clearly must learn high tier magic then since this is caster edition.
>>
>>44347262
Wasn't he that already?
>>
>>44347169
>Because you sounded like a self-conscious twelve year old girl.
It's brawl time. Also known as break-her-damn-nose time.
>>
>>44347343
Why so insecure Alan?
>>
>>44347359
W-we're not cute, you idiot! We're handsome! HANDSOME!
>>
Well, writing now.

Tell her you're handsome, not cute? Y/N
>>
File: fuccboi.jpg (71 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi.jpg
71 KB, 500x800
>>
File: 1445649433726.jpg (184 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
1445649433726.jpg
184 KB, 1024x1448
>>44347359
It's not insecurity with Gabby, with her is flirting, by using our fists to "kiss" her face and other body parts.
>>
>>44347380
Y
>continue to spill the spaghetti

>>44347404
exactly
>>
>>44347380
Y but not insecurely. More as joke.
>>
>>44347380
Y
>>
Can we read our books or meditate after this?
>>
>>44347413
>Gabby and Alan during "information extraction".jpg
>>
“I'm handsome. Not cute.”

You see mirth enter her eyes before she cackles. “So that was you being insecure like a self-conscious twelve year old girl.”

You point at her. “Hey. Self-conscious like a handsome, rugged, masculine man.”

“Oooh, now you want to be rugged too?” She looks at your face. “I'll admit, the beard's coming in rather evenly. Not splotchy like a teenage boy's or pubic hair.” Huh. You put your hand up to your face. It has been two and a half months since you shaved. “Fine, let me amend my thoughts for you.” She mocks thinking really hard. “There, if you ever take my personality again, I'll sarcastically think you're handsome.”

“Thank you. Now would you like to be there for when we talk to Blackburn about the shape shifters?”

She shrugs. “Got nothing better to do.” The two of you leave The Sword and Shield after paying for your drinks which you quickly finish off. You go back to the Circle to pick up Quissonce and Eve. Eve calls you a cutie pie, Gabby laughs and Quissonce is confused.

You then go to pick up Dolah, Kyra and Rowe. Dolah tells you you're looking rather cute today, but mock lectures you on the fine line between boosting one's self esteem and the sin of vanity. Gabby and Eve burst out laughing while half of your party is unfortunately left out of the inside joke.
>>
You finally make it to the inside of Blackburn's office at the Overseer's compound with a shred of your dignity intact, after being forced to undergo tiny pinpricks to determine you all possess red blood. He greets you all before pushing your third paycheck towards you.

Live Doppelganger 5000 gold
Infiltration Revealed 3000 gold
2 Extra Doppelgangers 1000 gold
Reliable Way to Check 750 gold
2 Doppelganger Carcasses 250 gold

TOTAL 10,000 gold

Blackburn speaks up after you all see the money. “Kyra here has informed me of the exact specifics of how you all handled this and it seems apparent there was a hierarchy of effort, which I have decided should have a hierarchy of rewards. I hope none of you are upset at my decision. First, Quissonce and Rowe for aiding in the retrieval of corpses and captives will be granted a stipend of 500 gold each. Eve, for her prompt eagerness to jump into action will be rewarded a stipend of 1000 gold. Dolah, for her skill at rooting out an enemy agent who very well may have halted your progress had it gone unnoticed, will be rewarded a stipend of 2000 gold. The lion's share of the money will be split between between Kyra and Alan.

That means you're about to receive 3000 gold. Your biggest payday yet.
>>
>>44348070
Alan's reputation will never recover.
>>
“We've decided to call these things doppelgangers. As so far, checking all our records we've yet to spot this species living peacefully in their natural form. Whether its a race of creatures at all or something entirely alien, we've no clue. We're currently trying to discover what they are, why they've infiltrated our settlement, what they're trying to accomplish, who they work for and what has happened to the real people whose identities they've assumed. Obviously, in the case of Gabby and Alan here, they don't seem like they must kill their victims to mimic their forms. I must thank you all for helping keep Seaside safe from this until-today invisible threat. Who knows the chaos they could reap if they took the form of one of the more important individuals in this colony. So far, our investigations have revealed and captured one more doppelganger among our guards and we're now instituting the method Alan here discovered to insure everyone is who they say they are in our armed forces.”

Before you can think to ask he raises his own hand, takes out a serrated blade and makes a small cut, dripping red blood into a wine glass. “I expect if you ever see me fail to do this at the beginning of any of our meetings from now on that you remind me. If I refuse, strike me down where I stand before I kill you all.”

He sits down at his desk. “And with that, you're debriefed. Wonderful work team.”

>Time to have a team discussion about that orc village
>Ask after the doppelgangers
>Go shopping with some of your newly-acquired riches
>Find a quiet place to meditate on your bloodline
>Read a book (write-in)
>Get training from an ally (Who? Pick anybody!)
>>
>>44348124
>>Find a quiet place to meditate on your bloodline
>>
>>44348124
We must learn our first level 2 spell!
>>
>>44348124
then back to nerd
>Read a book
The Ethics of Spellcasting
>>
>>44348124
While everyone is together.

Then
>Bloodline
>>
>>44348090
Aw hell yeah, we're loaded now.

>>44348124
>>
Writing!
>>
>>44348090
>That means you're about to receive 3000 gold. Your biggest payday yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
>>
File: Orc Village Map.jpg (224 KB, 400x516) Image search: [Google]
Orc Village Map.jpg
224 KB, 400x516
“So, while we're all together maybe we should discuss that orc village.”

Blackburn nods and moves a large amount of crap off his desk before roling out a map. “Archiver drew this up from Archer's report. While not to scale I feel it is an accurate representation.”

Rowe looks over it. “Well, other than the fact that there are way more than five tents, those loot piles are actually refuse and garbage piles, they're not brigands and she forgot to draw the garden – it's still pretty shit. But I'll work with it. So, we're looking at a little over twenty able-bodied, male orcs. They looked a bit anxious while I watched them, so that hunting party of theirs we wiped out wasn't probably something they could afford to lose. That was almost a third of their men we've killed or captured. They've got around thirty women and elderly altogether and a bunch of kids running around. The village is a little deeper into the forest, but its near the western edge so we could easily travel along the plains for most of our journey before heading in. Its in a clearing, but surrounded by dense enough foliage. They keep a look-out or two, but its nowhere near tight enough to truly watch out. These guys are most likely the apex predators in their neck of the woods. I saw them make a trade with some weird, lime-green orcs that probably live further back in the forest at one point. Another village further on? Maybe, but unless we're extremely unlucky we won't run into them. And if we are, it only would add about five more combatants.
>>
"Now, as for these slave pens. They hold mostly goblin women. Which the orcs generally, um, use for recreational purposes. I saw at least one pregnant one, so Island goblins and Island orcs are compatible. Gilda seemed very excited about that. Other than Speaker, who I only saw once when the chieftan brought her out of his tent. He was a big fucker. Eight feet tall, nasty-looking and actually had metal weapons and armor. He had his fun with her for a bit before they went back inside. Seemed like a public showing to boost morale or provide entertainment for bored orcs. I'm not sure which. There was another human slave. Male. He tends to the garden, which is around here.” She points to the corner of the village. “The orcs were eating mostly meat and I never saw them take vegetables from the garden, so I have no clue what the purpose of it is. I've seen the human male cut his own hand with a knife to bleed onto whatever they've planted there. Plants that feed on blood or just plain, stir-crazy masochism I have no clue.”

>Anything else you'd like to know? (write-in)

AND

>Any plans on how to handle this? (write-in)
>>
>>44348768
>>Anything else you'd like to know? (write-in)
Can't think of anything besides the obvious. Like asking what are we supposed to do besides rescuing the humans.
>>
Writing!
>>
“So. Blackburn. Other than rescuing the human hostages, what else would you want us to bring back?”

He puts his hands together and thinks. “Well, the human male is Talker. Our other liaison. The two of them have spent years there so the information they have could be monumental to our understanding of Island orc culture. Other than that, Dolah has already expressed interest in bring back the women and children and both of these would also be useful. We have no idea how orc women or orc children act. The orcs we currently have just threaten to rape or kill Gilda when they finally escape rather than answer her questions. So, maybe an elder female orc would be best. Whatever's growing in the garden might be useful. If you could bring back a goblin that would be fantastic. Obviously if you can get the pregnant one, her child would be an interesting sight. The chieftain might be worth bringing back alive if you can manage it. If you have to kill him, I won't begrudge you. And, obviously,” He sighs. “If Speaker has been this orc's concubine for over two years, there is a good chance of there being . . .”

“A half-breed.” Dolah finishes, emotionlessly.

Blackburn gives a humorless smile. “Yes. And that would also be something Gilda would like to see. Of course, this is only if you decide to wipe out this village. If I get my people back and whatever part-human children they've sired I would not be opposed to making some sort of agreement with these savages. I will admit however, I feel like giving them a good fucking and any potential alliance would be fairly lopsided. Not on the surface of course, but I'm quite confident I can outsmart them. You could also sneak in and grab whatever you think you can manage to get out of there. Speaker and Talker being the number one priority, everything else I've mentioned being secondary.”

>Anything else you would like to know? (write-in)

AND

>We're going in to fight
>We'll sneak in
>We'll “negotiate”
>>
>>44349253
>>We're going in to fight
But let's try to draw another hunting party or something out. Divide and conquer as opposed to a full assault so we don't fight the full 20 at once.
>>
Dammit I don't hany preference over this as long as they get fucked.
>>
>>44349253
>We're going in to fight
Like >>44349339 said, ambushes, dividing them, and when we move on the camp itself, in the dead of night stealthly. At first anyways.
>>
Writing!
>>
Negotiation was tried over two years ago and they rejected it. They chose war, whether they realized it or not. “We're fighting this out.” You look around at your allies. Not a single peep of defiance or disagreement. Not even Dolah. “But I don't think we should really take on over twenty at the same time. Could we potentially ambush a hunting party?”

Rowe puts her hand to her jaw. “We could. Although, we'd have to move rather quickly after that. We try to starve them out and, well, they're going to turn to eating sapients if we push them to the brink.”

Blackburn speaks. “And then you'll be bringing me bones to bury.”

Kyra nods. “Wait until they send out a group to hunt for food. Kill them. Head to the village immediately. Kill look-outs quietly. Sneak in. Slit throats. All goes according to plan, problem solved.”

She looks at Rowe. Rowe nods. “Fine plan. Keep it stealthy as long as possible and hope by the time it goes loud we can mop up. That could work.”

>Sounds like a plan
>Actually, we should do this instead (write-in)
>Sounds good, but we should also (write-in)

AND

>Bring anybody else? (You're whole group is already going)
>>
>>44349672
>>Sounds like a plan
>Bring anybody else? (You're whole group is already going)
Gale? He might want to take out the group that got his guys.
>>
>>44349672
>Sounds like a plan
>>
Bring Gale? Y/N

AND

>Ask after the doppelgangers
>Read a book (specify)
>Get training from an ally (who?)

AND

How soon do you want to leave to do this?
1. Tomorrow
2. At the end of this week
3. Farther in the future (When?)
>>
>>44349901
Y
2. At the end of this week
>>
>>44349901
N
>Read a book
Ethics of Spellcasting
>1. Tomorrow
Wouldn't want to miss them sending out their hunting party.
>>
>>44349901
y
1. Tomorrow
>>
>>44349901
Y
1. Tomorrow
>>
Having a hard time thinking of plants that require blood.
I assume Rowe didn't see any shaman looking types among the orcs from what she mentioned., because that's the first thing that came to mind.
>>
>>44350070
There's a shaman. But he's less of a, oh god we're about to get assaulted by divine orc God wrath and more of an old geezer who seems to apply war paint to the orcs as they go on ritualistic hunts.

Writing!

And roll me 1d100 + 25
>>
Rolled 76 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44350145
keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'
>>
Rolled 28 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44350145
>>
Rolled 19 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44350145
>>
“Sounds like a plan. We should ask Gale to come along too. The guy probably would like to get some payback for the men he lost and we could use another sword arm. Tomorrow sound good with you Blackburn?” He nods. “Then we leave tomorrow.”

Rowe volunteers to give Gale the offer. Kyra, Gabby and Dolah go back to whatever it is they were doing before this.

You follow Quissonce and Eve back to the Circle and walk up to the fourth floor together. You enter your room and find Ed still reading that same book. He looks up at you as you enter.

“How'd it go with the girl?”

“Oh, well I still may be a laughingstock among my friends, but I've sorted it out with her.”

“And?” He raises his eyebrows.

“And what?” He looks at you like you're being oblivious.

“Well are you fucking her? Or dating her? Did she reject you? Throw a drink in your face? I mean, you're interested in her, right?”

>What, no, you know like half the story Ed
>Well, yeah, but that's not what it was about, you know like half the story Ed
>She thinks I'm handsome now
>>
>>44350431
>>She thinks I'm handsome now
;^) Leave it at that.
>>
>>44350431
>>She thinks I'm handsome now
>>
>>44350431
>She thinks I'm handsome now
>>
>>44350431
>What, no, you know like half the story Ed
>>
Writing!
>>
This totally isn't going to get us teased more after he takes it the wrong way and the others find out.
>>
You lean against the door frame into your room and cock your head back, before bringing it back around to give Ed a smug, pleased look. “Well, uh, she thinks I'm [handsome] now.” You give him a satisfied look.

Ed gives a hearty chuckle before giving you a dirty, knowing look. “Attaboy. I knew you could come back from that. And seems like you came back strong.” You shrug as casually as you can manage. “Well, good luck to you and Asslap”. He goes back to reading.

Hmm, the next type of meditation that Flid said was good to practice would be sitting in absolute silence with no sound other than that of what your body makes. Your room could work, seeing as how the window, when shut practically soundproofs it from the outside. And as long as Eve and Quissonce don't stand near the door there will be no other source of noise.

Other than Ed. No offense to Ed, he's actually a darn fucking good roommate, probably the best compared to the competition. Some of the weirdos in here are some creepy individuals. He generally just reads and works out. And while in most situations, that minimal amount of noise is tolerable, Flid specified it needed to be dead quiet. Ed can't be here while you do this.

“Hey Ed, would you mind giving me some privacy for a bit? I hate to sound like a jerk, but I need absolute silence for this next part of my journey into sorcerery.”

Ed looks at you slightly annoyed, before that same lecherous look comes across his face. “I'd love to be a bro and help you out there, man. But where am I to go?” He leans back in his chair and gestures with his head to the door separating your room from Quissonce and Eve's room. Of course.

>Ask Quissonce and Eve if they'd be willing to let Ed hang out in their room while you meditate
>Can I pay you to fuck off? (Offer amount of gold)
>Fine, you can stay here and I'll look for someplace quiet
>>
>>44350477
>>44350548
>>44350566
Oh fuck you guys.
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>44350832
Random encounter?
>>
>>44351060
>>
Writing!

>>44351137
Alanfags amirite?
>>
>>44351193
>>44351221
Man, why you gotta shoot him down like that? Even after he was a good sport about everything else, you go and do this.
>>
>>44351193
>>44351221
Thanks for choosing the right option while I was without energy.
>>
“Fine you can stay here and I'll look for someplace quiet.” He looks surprised as you leave. After you get a few steps down the hall you hear Ed come up from behind you.

“Woah dude! Wait.” You turn to look at him. “Sorry about that, thought we were on the same page there. You can have the room to yourself. I can read down in the library.”

“You don't want any –” he shakes his hands.

“Nah, don't worry about it.” He walks past you. Huh, okay. You go back to your room. You hand Muffin off to Eve and tell her you'll need absolute silence. She says she'll tell Quissonce the same thing. You now have the room all to yourself.

You sit down on the floor and try to center yourself. Thankfully, no distractions occur as you sit there in the middle of your room. Ed doesn't try to return, Eve and Quissonce never approach the side door. Nobody even knocks. You are able to fall into the peace of absolute silence.

Well, not quite. Every once in a while you hear a creak. The sound of gravity doing its slow work on all the weight of that room. And although its quiet, the distraction of looking around you provides a constant obstacle. There are so many little things going on in your room. So many objects providing something to focus on rather than the workings of your body. But eventually you are able to overcome what little distractions remain and focus on the pumping of your blood. The beating of your heart. The movement of your lungs. You feel the blood pool and pump and travel and return. Your mental discipline you trained rigorously with Gabby helps immensely in speeding up the process.

You feel ready to make the next step in your journey as a sorcerer. The question is, where should you take that journey. You feel like you can push and move your blood, twist it into any shape you want. That is your power. Your fate. To be anything and everything you need. What do you need today? What will you need for tomorrow?

>Stealth
>Force
>Strength
>>
>>44351943
>>Force
>>
>>44351943
>Stealth

Also, cockblocking Ed like that was not cool.
>>
>>44351943
>>Strength
>>
>>44351992
Can't let competition get an advantage.
>>
>>44351943
>Stealth
Invisibility is a hell of a drug.
>>44351992
Well neither was implying we fucked Gabby.
Which is so going to come back to bite us.
>>
>>44351943
>>Force
What exactly is the difference between force and strength anyway?
>>
>>44352054
>Invisibility is a hell of a drug.

But blind fighting is better.
>>
Alright, re-vote.

>Stealth
>Force
>>
>>44352182
>>Force
Invisibility is for fags
>>
>>44352182
>Stealth
>>
>>44352182
>Stealth
>>
File: volgin.png (725 KB, 851x469) Image search: [Google]
volgin.png
725 KB, 851x469
The fire rises.

http://strawpoll.me/6352337
http://strawpoll.me/6352343
>>
>>44352239
It begins. By the way you spelled Kyra wrong.
>>
>>44352266
I know. I fixed it in the second poll.
>>
>>44352239
>No Ed, for either
>objectively the best bro and husbando

Some uncultured swine.
>>
>>44352239
I CHOOSE FREEDOM
>>
>>44352296
I thought about it, I really did, but I decided to center it around the main group for now.
>>
>>44352305
Space end then?
>>
File: freedom.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>44352305
>>
>>44352296
>>objectively the best bro
>not Tornado
Shaking my head to be honest family
>>
>>44352305
You can still choose a bro though.
>>
Go get food.

Two new straw polls.

1 vote for each girl except Dolah and Eve.

Well, this certainly changes a whole lot of nothing.

Writing!
>>
>>44352383
I'd vote Eve if I could vote for more than one character. She's second choice for me on both polls.
>>
Great Will is the best waifu.
>>
File: YHVH.png (9 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
YHVH.png
9 KB, 510x546
>>44352501
Thanks bud.
>>
File: Metatronlikeshiscoffe.png (26 KB, 510x556) Image search: [Google]
Metatronlikeshiscoffe.png
26 KB, 510x556
>>44352514
You're welcome.
>>
File: Santatron.png (29 KB, 510x556) Image search: [Google]
Santatron.png
29 KB, 510x556
>>44352524
Be more festive. Tis the season after all.
>>
File: Chaos master race.jpg (93 KB, 609x626) Image search: [Google]
Chaos master race.jpg
93 KB, 609x626
Can't believe I'm sharing this quest with lawfaggots
>>
File: Neutral.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Neutral.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>44352566
About that...
>>
>>44352566
My heart fills with ambivalence upon your provocation.
>>
You decide on stealth. What you're going to need going into that village is the ability to go undetected for as long as possible. You focus on that. On the idea of being unseen as you move about your business. Wrapped in your gray elven cloak skulking among the shadows, allowing the blood pumping through your veins to bleed the power of your heritage into yourself to give you an edge. You are fated to succeed at whatever you set your mind to. Your destiny awaits you far down the line past these simple monsters. They are one stone for you to step upon on your grand journey. You feel your blood surge, contracting itself and then flooding throughout your body. Pulled in. Pushed out.

At around five in the evening you feel yourself reach that next plateau and feel the click in your mind of a new discovery. You open your eyes and look down at your body. It is gone. Not gone, just hidden. Away from view from all who would do you harm and halt your destiny before it has even begun.

>Show your friends your cool new power
>Go read a book (specify)
>Go shopping with your newly-acquired riches
>Get training from an ally (Who?)
>>
File: neutralfags.png (34 KB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
neutralfags.png
34 KB, 450x270
>>44352592
>>44352681
>>
>>44352736
>>Go read a book (specify)
The Art of Staring Death in the Face and Laughing
>>
>>44352736
Then
>>
File: Everything is Fine.jpg (16 KB, 322x156) Image search: [Google]
Everything is Fine.jpg
16 KB, 322x156
>>44352741
My favorite pic to describe neutralfags.
>>
>>44352760
Seconded
>>
>>44352760
seconded
>>
File: Osprey Gesture.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Osprey Gesture.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>44352765
>>44352741
Hey not always. ...Okay well most of the time, but SMT 4 had a good neuter ending where it wasn't just a reset.
>>
>>44352741
That made me mad for some reason. I have this burning urge of neutrality that requires me to defend my views. I won't though because alignments are BS.
>>
Writing!

Roll me 1d100 + 25
>>
Rolled 34 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44352933
Limp Bizkit grant me strength
>>
File: Santema.jpg (71 KB, 501x501) Image search: [Google]
Santema.jpg
71 KB, 501x501
Rolled 72 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44352933
>>
Rolled 2 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44352933
Ez
>>
File: 1449782755045.png (85 KB, 265x348) Image search: [Google]
1449782755045.png
85 KB, 265x348
>>44353002
Too close man.
>>
You pick up that book by Hildebrant and are about to start reading it when you hear a knock on the door. You go to answer it and open the door to see Eve and Quissonce, who demand to be let into your room. You acquiesce and allow them access and they make you sit down.

Quissonce coughs. “So what are you doing this New Years Eve . . .”

Eve, like she is reciting lines, starts to respond, “Why I'm –”

“eve?” Quissonce finishes, interrupting Eve. The two of them look at you expectantly.

>I get it, I'm just not laughing
>I get it, give a pity chuckle
>I don't get it
>>
>>44353059
>>I get it, give a pity chuckle
You get marks for effort.
>>
>>44353059
Stupid pun
>>
>>44353059
I'm reading right now
>>
>>44353059
"How long did it take you two to come up with that one?"
>>
>>44353059
>I get it, give a pity chuckle
"Oh yes so funny haha" absolute monotone. Then "Don't quit your dayjob."
>>
>>44353059
>I get it, I'm just not laughing
>>
Been writing the whole time!
>>
You give them a half-hearted laugh. “Funny. How long did it take you to come up with that one?”

Eve shouts “Like all the best jokes we discovered it naturally.” Best?

“Well I'm reading right now.” You gesture to them with your book. They nod and leave your room.

You open the pages of your book and read the tiny blurb in the front. It turns out that Commander Hildebrandt is the Commander of the Guards in Seaside. The book is rather long and it details his journey from the moment he learned of the Island up until maybe half a year ago.

The story of Seaside is a scary one. When Hildebrandt found out about the island, Ceril had already sent multiple scouting ships to try and find a way to land on it. They paid mercenaries and Roscoli traders and sent a few of their own smaller ships to check it out.

Apparently the Island just seemed to appear one day. No one can be certain, but it was spotted off to the side of a not oft-traveled spice trade route that was in use for hundreds of years without anyone seeing the place. Ships that got near to discover if it possessed any valuable resources would be cap-sized by horrific storms. Others that got closer would mysteriously disappear. Some that reached the Island would circle and when trying to lay anchor would end up crashing on the rocks. Thirty ships were destroyed with their entire crews lost trying to utilize the Island, six of Ceril's own fleet.

When Blackburn found Hildebrandt and offered him a chance to explore the Island, did Hildebrandt waver? No! He saw it as a challenge. There was a great unknown about this place yearning to be discovered by an intrepid adventurer who could face the fear of a watery death. And Hildebrandt knew of a ship captain with the same bravery.
>>
Blackburn and Hildebrandt approached a young ship's captain by the name of Francisco Faraday who, in his youth, had been saved by an Orcish raider from being stranded at sea. After this raider passed away, he bequeathed his ship to the young lad. Faraday earned the loyalty of his crew through grit and determination and was promptly arrested by Hildebrandt for smuggling in his first year of captaining his own vessel.

Hildebrandt knew the lad was brave and desperate enough to accept Blackburn's mission. And so they got themselves a crew and a ship, aptly named by the captain to predict their success. Blackburn, Hildebrandt, Faraday and a giddy half-elf scientist by the name of Gilda boarded their ship and set sail for THE LOST ISLAND!

Why mention Gilda, you ask, intrepid reader? Well, if you had your sea legs you'd know that women on ships are bad luck. The crew protested bringing Gilda along. But Hildebrandt is not scared of the sea and Hildebrandt is not scared of superstition. He told those scurvy sea dogs that the only thing that would sink The Skipping Stone was their own cowardice.

Sure half the crew quit before the journey even started and another quarter of the crew died in the horrid storms that almost overturned the ship, but the important people who were not afraid of adventure survived!

Faraday successfully crashed the ship into a nice sandy beach. Sure, there was no way for them to escape and the supplies they had to set up fortifications and feed themselves were minimal. But oh, Hildebrandt felt the surge of power flowing through him. He would fix that ship, set up a town to suit Blackburn's wild dreams and preserve the Republic like he was born to do!

And you finish that part of the book at around eight at night.

>Continue reading?
>Go read a book (specify)
>Get training from an ally (Who?)
>>
>>44353714
>>
>>44353714
>>Show your friends your cool new power
Disappear in front of them
>>
>>44353714
>Continue reading?
plenty of time on the road.
>>
>>44353714
>>Continue reading?
Disregard friendship acquire knowledge
>>
Compromise.

Take a break from reading to mess with Quissonce and Eve, then get back to it.
>>
Writing!

>>44353896
Already decided on this, but yeah that's what's happening!
>>
>>44353896
Compromise accepted.
>>
You decide to take a break from Hildebrandt's tale to go mess with Quissonce and Eve a bit. This will be funny. You make yourself invisible again and then go over to knock on their door.

Quissonce answers it and looks around, right through you.

“Hello?” She looks down both hallways. “Huh, that's weird. Eve, did you hear somebody knock on the door?”

“Yeah, it was probably Alan.”

“Well he's not here.”

“Then he probably went back into his room.”

“Yeah, guess you're right.”

>BOO!
>Follow her inside, try to remain sneaky
>Throw something at her
>>
>>44353964
poke her on the nose.
>>
>>44353986
Seconding
>>
>>44353964
try to scare them, then ask "if I'm stilll cute?"
>>
>>44353986
I like this, as much fun as it would be to go into the room and then try to make them think the other person is messing with them.
>>
>>44353986
>>44353964
This, maybe make it an insight poke.

>>44354028
Only Eve would get that joke.
>>
>>44354041
>>44353986
Yes make a touch of destiny
>>
Writing!

Make the poke a touch of destiny? Y/N
>>
>>44354127
N
>>
>>44354127
N
>>
>>44354127
N
>>
>>44354127
N
>>
>>44354127
Y...
Though I had no idea there would be so much opposition to it.
>>
>>44354193
Well then she knows its us, as opposed to something else.
>>
>>44354312
Wasn't that the point? Just to mess with them while showing the new power and then revealing ourselves?
>>
>>44354312
There's also the risk of "turns to religion against their will" thing.
>>
>>44354365
Yeah I suppose we should only poke with consent.
>>
You stick your finger forward. She almost catches your movement out of the corner of her eye, but doesn't notice you until your index finger makes contact with her nose.

“Boop!” You say as she recoils in surprise from being touched by nothing. She quickly scans rapidly with her eyes at what touched her before her brain processes that she just heard your voice.

“A-A-Alan? Is that you?” You laugh a bit. “It is you!” She puts her hands forward and touches your chest, bringing back her hand like a spider just bit it. She gingerly tries to use her hands to figure out where you are exactly without accidentally punching you. She touches your chest and then moves across to your shoulders and eventually is holding you by the sides of your arms, laughing the whole time as she does this. “You're invisible!” She quickly backs up and casts a quick detect magic before examining your aura a bit. “Yeah, illusion spell. I can't believe you pulled off something so powerful so quickly. Neither Eve or I have mastered that spell yet. So this was all you?”
>>
You shrug. “Maybe?” She moves her hands up from your chest to start feeling your face. She moves up your neck, to your cheeks, to your hair and back down to your eyes and finally stops at your nose. She presses it a bit.

“Boop!” She says back before laughing rather intensely. Eve at this point has moved forward from where she sat back in the room, eating a sandwich. Quissonce turns to look at her. “Eve, come feel Alan! He's right here, but invisible!”

Eve shakes her head. “Yeah, I'm not doing that. You're at the perfect height to touch his face. I'll end up grabbing his dick.” She quickly casts detect magic. “So, my apprentice is finally branching out, huh? Well, I guess I knew you'd eventually try to usurp my position Alan.”

Quissonce finally takes her hands off of you. “Actually, Alan. I'm currently in the middle of doing some personal research on a similar spell. I've gotten to thinking about those doppelgangers and realize that with some simple magics you could do a lot of sneaky shenanigans in Seaside. I'm trying to counteract things like . . . this.” She gestures to you. “Would you mind being my test dummy for a bit?”

>I'd love to help
>Sorry, gotta read!
>>
>>44354493
>>I'd love to help
>>
>>44354493
>>>I'd love to help
I don't want more doppelgangers
>>
>>44354493
>>I'd love to help
Eh this seems important and the book isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>44354493
Need me to channel some brain juice?
>>
Writing!
>>
File: Baby.jpg (3 KB, 137x90) Image search: [Google]
Baby.jpg
3 KB, 137x90
>>44354831
Okay so should I take this as a write-in?
>>
>>44354831
Did someone just type an angry response in the wrong thread? The idea seems unlikely but its funny enough I want it to be true.
>>
>>44355083
Copy pasta

Gets tossed around quite a few tg threads, mostly Quests
>>
>>44355160
Oh, of course, copy paste. My head isn't working. I just had this image of someone furiously shifting through a dozen tabs and typing away, not paying attention to which thread they were in. Oh well I suppose there's that old saying if you hear hooves think horses not zebras.
>>
“I'd love to help.” You say as the invisibility spell wears off. Quissonce looks at you with concern before you assure her you have enough casts left in you to at least give her ten more minutes of time to experiment.

She quickly ushers you inside before going to her stack of books and personal writings that are now stacked ridiculously high and in multiple ares of the room. Quissonce has taken over this room while it seems Eve takes up a tiny amount of space. In her rush to grab all of her necessary equipment she knocks over a pile of books. After they cascade to the floor, Eve offers to pick them all up while Quissonce brings over just two, her spellbook and one other as well as some papers filled with ink and some other blank ones.

The two of you sit opposite each other at the central table and Quissonce begins writing things down while referencing things in the book she's brought over and her own spellbook. You wait to cast only once she assures you she is ready.

She seems to have set up a list of trials on the blank pages and the second you cast invsibility on yourself she's off. She casts weird, magical, half-spells on you that fizzle out quickly. She casts spells on herself. One just does nothing. One makes her turn green. Another makes her hair blow in a gusty wind. Every failure she marks with a big X next to it on her papers. Your invisibility spell wears off.

She sweats a bit and then wipes her brow with a rag and lets the spells she's cast on herself dissipate. “You think you have one or two more casts of that left in you?”

You think to yourself. “I think I can manage two.”

She nods. “Good. Because I swear I can pull this spell off. All I'm doing is taking elements of two disparate spells and combining them to allow for either the dismissal of an invisibility spell or it allows the caster to see invisible things. Either way, it would be a big help to protect –”
>>
“HEY QUISSONCE!” Eve shouts from that pile of books she has almost finished putting back together. The two of you turn to look at her. She seems to have re-organized the pile and put all the scrolls and papers back into the neat stacks they were originally in. She is holding a book, the only one she has yet to put back. She waggles it a bit, smiling a big, shit-eating grin. “Guess what I just found? Y'know, I might actually read some of these if they were all as entertaining-looking as this one.”

You and Quissonce both look at her confused. Then you hear Quissonce mutter a quick “Oh no.” as you see the color drain from her face without the aid of any spell. She stands up. “Eve, just put it –”

“OH NO! No, there's not going to be any 'Eve, just put it back'.”

“Eve, please. At least not in front of,” she jerks her head towards you. What could possibly be in that book? Eve looks at you like a woman who just wants to watch the world burn.

“Why not in front of Alan? I'm sure he'd be just as entertained as I am right now.”

Quissonce gets determination in her eyes. She stares Eve down. “Don't do it.”

Eve shrugs and then clears her throat as she reads out the title. “The Art of Seduction Enchantment:” She looks Quissonce straight in the eyes, meeting her glare. Quissonce is already trembling. Eve speaks the opening enchantment. “Sex Magic.”

And the mage duel begins.

>End of Thread
I will most likely run this next time on the Saturday after Christmas. https://twitter.com/TrickQM
>>
>>44355292
Taking bets. No book vs book. Who wins?
>>
File: 1440795354272.png (109 KB, 414x426) Image search: [Google]
1440795354272.png
109 KB, 414x426
>>44355292
As expected of an elf!
>>
>>44355292
Hahahaha
Thanks for the wonderful thread. If Alan has any wits remaining about him he'll jump for the door to get out of this epic scrap.
>>
>>44355345
That's why we have Expeditious Retreat!
>>
File: explain.jpg (21 KB, 310x232) Image search: [Google]
explain.jpg
21 KB, 310x232
>>44355292
>Eve shrugs and then clears her throat as she reads out the title. “The Art of Seduction Enchantment:” She looks Quissonce straight in the eyes, meeting her glare. Quissonce is already trembling. Eve speaks the opening enchantment. “Sex Magic.”
>>
Happy Holidays niggers
>>
>>44355338
Sorc>wiz
>>
>>44355413
Happy Hanukkah!
>>
>>44355292
Hey people may laugh at sex magic but it can be a truly horrific weapon against your enemies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIwLJtqoxBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilR8c2wC6o
>>
>>44355426
>He thinks a wizard would ever lose to a filthy sorcerer.
Point at him. Point at him and laugh.
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.