[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Merry Christmas.png (3 MB, 2274x1566) Image search: [Google]
Merry Christmas.png
3 MB, 2274x1566
Merry Christmas, silly geese.
Last thread: >>44325225
>>
Here's the links

FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/MhAQAJiw
Here's a dropbox with a LOT of CYOA's:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ijwopa42ke49q1/AAA40vUS2BzstD9eHyyBLTr8a?dl=0
IRC Chat Channel
https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.rizon.net%2Fcyoa

Resources to help you with your OC CYOA projects hopefully:
http://www.pixiv.net
http://drawcrowd.com
http://digital-art-gallery.com
https://www.artstation.com
https://www.pinterest.com
http://coolvibe.com
http://www.zerochan.net
http://danbooru.donmai.us
>>
>>44344249
Pirate Coaliton War and Luos fall remind me the Warlord Campaign storyline from For House and Dominion. Is it inspired by it or are they both inspired by some other source?

Clover Region description imply that Blackwaks and Talons are at truce now?

And what is the deal with the Berserk? -2 points on shileds is not so much and it gives you whole 180m.
>>
File: Bird War.png (3 MB, 3048x2344) Image search: [Google]
Bird War.png
3 MB, 3048x2344
>>44345390
>>
>>44345202
I feel that absolutely essential rooms are:
>Ore Processing Facility / Factory Wing
>Cargo Space / Engineering Bay
>Aquaculture Room / Hydroponic Garden
>Infirmary
Which still leaves me with 2 rooms for other comforts.
>>
File: Beastmaster Chart.jpg (1 MB, 1200x5833) Image search: [Google]
Beastmaster Chart.jpg
1 MB, 1200x5833
I like shorter CYOA
>>
File: Highwayman CYOA.jpg (471 KB, 1440x3300) Image search: [Google]
Highwayman CYOA.jpg
471 KB, 1440x3300
Man, I really want to post some of this really old shit I have.

But most of it is, well.. shit
>>
File: Soda chart.png (2 MB, 1200x3942) Image search: [Google]
Soda chart.png
2 MB, 1200x3942
>>
>>44345440
Never followed it, unfortunately.

It's not really inspired by any particular source, but it is influenced by a lot of things, even things not particularly sci fi

"Truce". Everyone's currently at a "don't just shoot on sight" phase but everyone still hates each other. Politics will always remain vicious even when the guns aren't firing.
>>
>>44345390
Intersting, by the looks l like the Nora, the kinks arebest on Becky and Blitzen so it's a choice between those two. I wish there more about their character rather than thier job.
>>
File: Dragon Chart.jpg (3 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Chart.jpg
3 MB, 2500x2500
>>44345539
Just do it
>>
>>44345474
>>Ore Processing Facility / Factory Wing
This is completely pointless on a small ship. An engineering bay can store spare parts and fix things just fine. The factory is for producing new things like drones.

If I made a build with 6 rooms it would be something like
>Advanced Infirmary
>Lounge/Recreation/Observatory
>Engineering/Cargo
>Digital Security/Hypercomms
>Teleporting Platform
Everything here except for the rec/lounge/observatory is completely critical IMO.

>Advanced Arsenal

The quality of food given that there is no meat fridge, hydroponics or aquaculture, compounded by the fact that there's no kitchen or anything, would be a real wear on morale. But I think that recreation is still more important for morale. On one hand people can probably play vidya and read books on their futuristic PDAs, but on the other hand sci-fi MRE food is probably closer to sufficient than just having PDAs for entertainment.

You also wouldn't even have a separate room for yourself which would suck royally.

In the end this would be a ship I wouldn't like to go on any sort of long trip on. Give it 4 more rooms and I can imagine months passing by comfortably though.
>>
>>44345468
Black Naped Oriole, for that awesome tank, Red Flanked Bluetail to keep everythin g in top condition (and that Iron Man Armor for defending the base). Japanese Robin for all-around usefulness.

We drive around in tanks and jeeps going out to defend or attack strategic locations. It'll be rad as hell!
>>
File: angelDogCYOA.png (124 KB, 971x358) Image search: [Google]
angelDogCYOA.png
124 KB, 971x358
>>44344885
so far I have you, sticker girl, and quiet (though I don't have an image for Quiet). For the list of realms I have Sapphoshire.
>>
>>44345390
Mystery box
>>
Hey remember that Yandere CYOA?
Anyone got any more like that?
That was fun.

Oh, also
>>44345390
Becky.
Cosplay is best
>>
File: Death's Gates Chart.jpg (2 MB, 1000x4707) Image search: [Google]
Death's Gates Chart.jpg
2 MB, 1000x4707
>>
>Gae Bulg in the lastest Stardust had its spinal mount removed for 4 broadside mounts, and had its hanger space nerfed

Oh for fuck sakes, it was perfect before.
>>
>>44345956
It still has huge hangar space and 4 broadsides are about the same value as 2 spinals IMO.
>>
>>44345390
Do you have the page with the presents?
>>
File: Christmas present.png (488 KB, 591x1070) Image search: [Google]
Christmas present.png
488 KB, 591x1070
>>44345390
And the second present. I'd have preferred to wait longer, but eh.
I don't want to wait ten hours.
>>
You know what the worst AI is? Remington v3.0.0

What the fuck, look at that version number, there's no way it isn't riddled with bugs.
>>
>>44346085
S-should I be concerned?

I mean, I picked the box.
>>
>>44346012
>It still has huge hangar space
Steve had $100. Bob thief stole $20 away from Steve. Because $80 is still a lot of money, Steve shouldn't get mad. Yeah, no.

>4 broadsides are about the same value as 2 spinals IMO.
If you wanted a ship with broadside mounts, buy the Asmodai instead. The purpose of the spinal mount was to have a ship with a AMC without having to buy a battleship. I'm glad it's a bit cheaper, but tha'ts no excuse to not only nerf it, but change the entire ship from how it originally was.
>>
>>44346171
>thief
LMAO

Nobody stole anything, it was balanced. You should be happy the CYOA you're enjoying is getting attention.

>If you wanted a ship with broadside mounts, buy the Asmodai instead. The purpose of the spinal mount was to have a ship with a AMC without having to buy a battleship. I'm glad it's a bit cheaper, but tha'ts no excuse to not only nerf it, but change the entire ship from how it originally was.
One, you can still do that you dummy, just get the hull mods for spinal slots. Two, broadsides are a lot more valuable than spinals on carriers than on most ships, because carriers just have terrible navigation no matter what.
>>
>>44345709
So Talons are not actually pirates, does their main income comes from actual criminal activity or it's a thing of the past and Federation just lable them as such for ideological reasons?

Will we ever learn what is Talons and Fairlight real agenda?
>>
>>44346213
>Nobody stole anything, it was balanced.
Yes, it was. Then it was nerfed to the ground for no reason, while other ship classes received buffs plus way more of a price drop.

>One, you can still do that you dummy, just get the hull mods for spinal slots.
If I'm a dummy, then you're clinically retarded. Why don't you go and read the description on the spinal mount mod again. Go on, I'll wait.
>>
>>44346262
kek this nigga gettin' heated over pretend space ships
>>
>>44346327
Welcome to /tg/

now get the fuck out
>>
>>44346262
>Yes, it was.
No it wasn't you crybaby. You are not entitled to dictating how someone else makes their CYOA. If SDA doesn't want carriers to have AMC because he doesn't believe that fits their theme, it's his right to put that into the CYOA.

>Spinal Mounts
Okay, you're right, I forgot about that. You're still the one acting like a child though.

And I'm still right that four broadsides are better than two spinals for a carrier because of firing arc coverage.
>>
>>44346327
>Can't read basic English
>Sways off topic and memes like a true memester to avoid embarrassing himself

And it's not like I couldn't use the pre-update stats either.
>>
>>44346262
>>44345956
Now that AMCs take up 2 spinal slots, I really see no point to having a carrier have a single spinal slot you can't expand. I don't think you'd even use the broadsides to be honest. Besides, drones are cheaper now.
>>
>>44346149
The girl in the picture is Kashima, a light cruiser from Kantai Collection. I suppose it's time to make another official NPC about a cruiser.
>>
>>44346361
kek this nigga so heated he can't even see i'm not the guy he's arguing with

calm down mayne, it's just pretend.
>>
>>44346365
Remember that spinal slotted weapons are bigger and stronger versions than the ones you put on broadside mounts.
>>
File: PuzzleMage.png (517 KB, 1199x1642) Image search: [Google]
PuzzleMage.png
517 KB, 1199x1642
>>44345390
Becky. No contest.
>>
>>44346369
Kashima is a training cruiser (CLT) not a light cruiser (CL)
>>
>>44345733
>An engineering bay can store spare parts and fix things just fine.
Eventually you'll run out of spare parts and wish you had a factory wing.

>Digital Security/Hypercomms
That and Cryosleep is what I went for in addition to the rooms I mentioned in >>44345474. I considered swapping Cryosleep for something recreational, but it would suck to die before you reached your destination.

>Teleporting Platform
>Advanced Arsenal
Ok, you want some boarding action; those two rooms are completely non-essential for long solitary trips and they're far from the first rooms I'd add if I could add more rooms.

>MRE
You'd run out of those too eventually.

>You also wouldn't even have a separate room for yourself which would suck royally.
Meh, if the other crew members aren't bothered by it it won't bother me either, it's a tight crew anyway.

>long trip
>months
I think we're talking about very different trip lengths. I'm talking about The Traveller levels of long, indefinite even.
>>
Stardust Build.
My name is... well, it's better you don't know. I have made a lot of enemies.

Like so many things in this universe, it all started on a dead rock in the middle of nowhere. I was part of a Beatrice R&D salvage team investigating some Herald ruins - the previous two teams they'd sent had no luck, and I had just finished my 2,000th hour of Mind Link training and was finally considered ready for duty. Sarah Escher was sent along with me - I guess Wilhelm was off at some other dig site, or he would probably have forced his way onto the team.

When we landed, we started combing through the wreckage. Our security team was a bunch of goddamned misfits that BR&D had scraped up on short notice, but they were all capable (in one case, famously so). I'm glad that was the case, since the moment we found an intact terminal in the ruins the fucking bandits showed up. Archangel and the rest made short work of them, but Arabelle said she heard a dropship heading back into orbit near the end of the fight - whoever they were, they knew we were here. I don't think they've stopped trying to catch us since.

Sarah and I got the terminal running, and I hooked up to it because I'm a fucking moron who plugs his brain into alien technology. The instant I connected to the machine, I learned three things.

One - The biggest Herald ship I'd ever heard of was two jumps away, and it was empty and ripe for the taking for anyone who had the balls to jump into Fire Legion space. It was empty and half-gutted, but the engines would run.
Two - It had a twin, 10 jumps away, that was not empty.
Three- That ship's captain was recording my unauthorized breach of the terminal in the ruins, and she was profoundly unhappy with me.
>>
>>44346476
It took some convincing, but I got Sarah and the security team to go along with me and my plan of stealing the ship out from under the nose of the Fire Legion. We up hit a port outside of Fire Legion space for some engineers to help us get the ship running, and somehow we made it there, patched up the Mothership's engines, and got the hell out. We took the long way back to Stardust port, hoping any patrols or the other Mothership captain would look for us along a direct route. That's why we passed by Erebus and found the first girl. We picked up a second one halfway from there to Stardust - they were both pretty grateful to be rescued, and we were pretty gratefull to have more crew - this ship's a bitch and a half to fly when it's undermanned.

We made it to Stardust without (further) incident. We had to sell half the relics on board the ship to raise the funds to fit it properly - Sarah would have cried at the lost of so many Herald artifacts if it hadn't meant the Mana Core would be restored to full functionality for her to play with. We were both crushed to find that the original Herald command module was a wreck - we were also crushed by the price tag on the repair quotes, so I fitted it with the more reasonably priced "Banshee" EWAR command mod instead.

Even the relics didn't cover the full cost of refitting and crewing up a ship this size, though, so I took a lot of job offers that had flooded in as soon as the mothership docked. That got the crew filled out to a little over half capacity, and the flood of volunteers begging to help run a Herald vessel brought us up to 2/3s before I stopped taking more applications. I didn't trust either the Federation or the Pirate crews on the station not to sell me out the second we were in deep space, so I hired damn near every Dustkeeper on the station.
>>
>>44346530
Unfortunately, the first of those jobs, a pleasure cruise for some dolt and his family, is what really got us out of the pot and into the fire. One of the damned vacationers recognized Hailey and called the Federation. To compound that, one of the Volunteers turned out to be less trustworthy than even random people begging to take a ride on your giant space ship are expected to be and altered the Fire Legion to Comet's presence. On top of THAT, Beatrice found out we'd swiped the greatest scientific find of the century out from under them for personal gain and sold the priceless artifacts on board to the highest bidder without giving them a place at the table. I understand I have them to thank for the 100m bounty currently placed on my head. Those bandits are still after me too - another of the volunteers was found with detonation charges in his bunk. He'd asked three times to be transferred to the reactor section.

I've taken to living purely on the ship, now. No great stretch, given it's a mobile city, but I can't afford to leave its protection. Taking a trip to 'witness' some planet out on the fringe, next. Hopefully the Fire Legion doesn't decide to follow me out there.
>>
>>44345956
Broadside <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Spinal, I agree.
>>
Would you shit on a QM who doesn't have a good grammar but tries to improve constantly?
>>
>>44346448
Being a CLT doesn't make it less of a CL.
>>
>>44346473
>Eventually you'll run out of spare parts and wish you had a factory wing.
Yeah, like decades later. And a factory wing can't build just anything, you still need to restock on advanced parts even with one, you just might be able to go longer because you don't have to bring as much basic material.

And you're forgetting that you need an entire mining industry in addition to your factory wing. You're not going to do much mining with a frigate.

>That and Cryosleep is what I went for in addition to the rooms I mentioned
Then you have absolutely no quality of life improvements. At this point I don't think you'd be able to go on long journeys at all without your crew going crazy.

And no, you can't be in cryosleep all the time, there's work to be done. If you tried keeping your crew asleep perpetually all you'd be left with is the autopilot.

>You'd run out of those too eventually.
Yeah, and you also die of old age eventually. What's your plan exactly, going for 50 years without getting to a habitable world or a space port of any kind? Sure, space might be like an endless empty desert in real life, but I don't think that's a reasonable interpretation when you look at the CYOA's setting. Particularly the map that was actually given on page 5, and the fact that FTL exists.

>indefinite
Yeah, you have to remember that you'd have to deal with pirates or aliens or whatever in this setting. In addition to whatever title complications you took, since you're not building a ship like this with 100m credits.

For one thing the only energy system that would support your idea is the mana core.
>>
>>44345390
What does becky shove her cunt in your face and expect you not to notice or something?
>>
>>44340534
>>44340921
I made it originally. I'm not actively producing much content these days, but I'm down to help out if you'd like.
>>
>>44346668
What?
>>
>>44346772
She wants to blindfold you and put something special in your mouth. It's probably a body part.
>>
>>44346795
Anon, that's gross.
>>
A cheap little independent Federation civilian trader/hauler build.

120/120m

Origin:
Federation Civilian [+20m]

Skills:
Basic Piloting
Standard Piloting
Ship Gunnery
Mechanics
Diplomacy
Mercantile

Titles:
None

Crew: {5m}
Second in Command, Anna Tse [1m]
Doctor, Kelly Moss
Mechanical Engineer, Enrico Jourdan [1m]
Nuclear Engineer, Malcom Red [2m]
Gunner, Brian Richardson [1m]
Scientist, Lauren L. Lazuli

Ship:
Sabre 26m {115m}

Navigation - 20/25
Hull Armor - 6/25
Shield Strength - 14/25
Length - 124m
Max Crew - 6/11
Extra Rooms - 6
Energy Use - 3
Energy Output - 4
Hangar Space - 2

Weapons: {45m}
Spinal Weapon Mounts - 3
3x Missile Launcher [20m]
Broadside Weapon Mounts - 10
8x Flak Cannon [18]
2x Machine Gun [3]
Point-Defence Weapon Mounts - 4
4x Machine Gun [4]

Hangar:
Empty

Ship AI:
Cassandra v16.0.1

Energy Subsystems: {20m}
Nuclear Fission [20m]
Energy Output - 3
Charge Duration - 25 Years

Shield Subsystems: {12m}
Advanced Shielding [12m]
Shield Strength - +11

Rooms & Compartments: {12m}
- Crew Quarters Upgrade [1m]
1. Standard Mess Hall [2m]
2. Standard Infirmary [2m]
3. Aquaculture Room/Hydroponic Garden [3m]
4. Lounge/Recreational Room [1m]
5. Engineering Bay/Cargo Space [3m]
6. Cargo Space
>>
>>44346804
Hey that's what it says. Don't blame me.
>>
>>44346814
>Cassandra
Slutty AI! SLUUUTTY AI!
>>
>>44345390
Thanks for this. I'll go with Becky though the others were pretty tough choices.
>>
>tfw there is no Herald AI
>>
>All these posts about spinal weapons slots.
>Nobody notices OG Mobile Suits can be used like gundams
Anons
Anons plz
Red comet > AMC
>>
I have a question about the shield extender mod. Do all ships it affects get a 20% boost to their shields or does the 20% get evenly distributed. I'm wondering if I have multiple ships with shield extenders will they all get a boost for sharing their shields?
>>
>>44346855
Gotta have something to do on those trade runs.
>>
>The CYOA hasn't even been posted
>80% of this thread's posts are about Star Dust
Guys pls
>>
>>44346667
>Yeah, like decades later.
We have no idea how long a stack of spares would last, and I'd rather be safe than sorry and have the capabilities to manufacture my own spares.

>And a factory wing can't build just anything.
There's no indication of a Factory Wing being unable to manufacture more advanced parts. In fact, SDA even recommended having a Factory Wing and Ore Processing Facility if you take The Traveller title.

>And you're forgetting that you need an entire mining industry in addition to your factory wing. You're not going to do much mining with a frigate.
I don't know about that. I have a Compositional Scanner and two Mining Harvesters with all lenses, I think that should provide enough mining capabilities for a frigate to be self-sufficient.

>What's your plan exactly...
What kind of plan are you expecting? None?
That's right, I have none. There's no way to plan for it other than to make sure your ship is self sufficient. Once you go through the wormhole you'll just have to try to determine the right way back and go there. It'll take years, which is exactly why you want Cryosleep. You'll just have to be occasionally woken up by the ship's AI to perform maintenance and repairs. Or you could take a couple of android crew and have them take care of the ship until you make it back.

>I don't think that's a reasonable interpretation
I think it's reasonable since it's written in The Traveller.

>mana core
Yep, I have those.
>>
File: Traveller's Tale.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Traveller's Tale.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44347090

Agreed.
>>
>>44347088
I would rather an ara ara~ Blueberry.
>>
>>44345390
Blitzen for that loving couple life.
>>
>>44347090
>PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT NEW CONTENT TALK ABOUT THIS SAME SHIT YOU'VE SEEN 50000 TIMES
How about no?
>>
>>44347127
Hurry up and come out with the image update. It's a pain to just scroll through everything, hard to compare choices that way.
>>
>>44347151
>TALK ABOUT THIS SAME SHIT YOU'VE SEEN 50000 TIMES
That's Star Dust
>>
File: Lifting Bro.png (2 MB, 1000x1931) Image search: [Google]
Lifting Bro.png
2 MB, 1000x1931
>>44347155

Not Highlander, I just like Traveler's Tale.
>>
>>44347171
New update, bitch. Where's yours for your shit? You think anyone cares when nobody responds or posts builds for them? You think there's any fucking point other than your own self-indulgence?
>>
File: zzzz.jpg (5 MB, 1200x4207) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.jpg
5 MB, 1200x4207
>>
File: New Babylon.jpg (2 MB, 1580x2416) Image search: [Google]
New Babylon.jpg
2 MB, 1580x2416
>>
>>44346617
It was made for different purposes so it kinda does

Also, I made a mistake. Training Cruisers are CTs and CLTs are Torpedo Cruisers
>>
>>44347103
>We have no idea how long a stack of spares would last
I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to last several years if you fill up an entire cargo bay. Unless you're doing something that keeps destroying the same parts.

Besides, remember than an engineer with an engineering bay can actually manufacture things, it just isn't good for large scale production. In fact, I think it's fair to say that the engineering bay is where the specialty parts would have to come from. You just have to hope it's something that's possible to make in a starship, because if it's too advanced to be made in engineering, it definitely can't be made in a factory wing.

>There's no indication of a Factory Wing being unable to manufacture more advanced parts.
It would be pointless to buy most of the things in the CYOA if it did. Why take titles and dangers when you can just make everything yourself? Yeah, nah, that doesn't make sense.

>In fact, SDA even recommended having a Factory Wing and Ore Processing Facility if you take The Traveller title.
This doesn't mean that the factory can create any kind of product. It just means that you don't need to bring as many basic, easy to manufacture parts with you. Which I've already pointed out earlier.

>You'll just have to be occasionally woken up by the ship's AI to perform maintenance and repairs.
Even if you skim off half the time with cryo, you'll still be working in hellish conditions for years if you take 0 quality of life rooms.

>I think it's reasonable since it's written in The Traveller.
I don't think it's reasonable to hang your explanations for the way things work in this setting on a different setting.

>Yep, I have those.
No you don't. You're in cryo, remember. You can't afford enemies.
>>
File: 1416075245044.jpg (6 MB, 1800x6100) Image search: [Google]
1416075245044.jpg
6 MB, 1800x6100
>>
>>44346954
A friend already made a fighter build based around using the mech and stealth to do missions.
>>
File: Muscle Wizard.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Muscle Wizard.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>44347411
>Stealth mech
Not hotblooded enough.
>>
>>44347317
>Besides, remember than an engineer with an engineering bay can actually manufacture things
According to the description they can only repair stuff there.

>It would be pointless to buy most of the things in the CYOA if it did. Why take titles and dangers when you can just make everything yourself? Yeah, nah, that doesn't make sense.
I was still only talking about spare parts, of course it shouldn't be game breaking, but it shouldn't be useless either.

>Even if you skim off half the time with cryo, you'll still be working in hellish conditions for years if you take 0 quality of life rooms.
I did take the Crew Quarters Upgrade, I just didn't mention it because it didn't take up a room.

>I don't think it's reasonable to hang your explanations for the way things work in this setting on a different setting.
I'm referring to the title in Star Dust, it's in the bottom left on the first page.

>No you don't. You're in cryo, remember. You can't afford enemies.
Literally what? Are you implying someone would be able to get aboard and steal my Mana Cores? Because I sure as hell don't think they'd be able to:
>Teleport Jammer
>Honey Pot
>Active Cloaking
>Upgraded Ship Security
>>
>>44345390
vivian, obviously.
>>
>>44347209
I'm actually SDA.
>>
>>44346944
Whisperer.
>>
File: Domainmaster.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Domainmaster.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Come on ReCaptcha, that's a burger not a steak. Get your shit together.
>>
>>44347644
>Sucking up to your detractors
Bad idea.
>>
ANyone have that 10-years imprisonment CYOA? Or one of its variants, I'm feeling nostalgic for one
>>
>>44347521
>I was still only talking about spare parts
Then we are in agreement about the scope of what the factory and engineering can do, we are in disagreement about how much spare parts and material can be put in a cargo space.

I still think engineering and cargo alone is enough for such a long span of time that bringing a factory along just for the sake of yourself wouldn't be necessary. Other things that you can't replace (like crew members) would start to fail sooner if you went literally for decades without being able to trade for basic supplies.

I think the value of a factory is in things like turning a bigger mining profit or replenishing heavy drone losses. But those strengths don't really shine in a build with a 6 roomed frigate.

>I did take the Crew Quarters Upgrade
That's still just a softer bed.

You have nothing for the crew to do to have fun or unwind. Not even a place where they could meet up and have a party or something.

I doubt very much that you'd be able to survive for more than a year or two at the most before half your crew committed suicide and the other half became either psychotic or useless.

>I'm referring to the title in Star Dust, it's in the bottom left on the first page.
Oh.

Literally what? Are you implying someone would be able to get aboard and steal my Mana Cores?
No, I was saying that you can't afford to spend 70% of your cash just on your energy system. Since you're taking that title it's a lot less significant though.

>>44347665
Uh. No.
>>
>>44347763
>Uh. No.
That's what you think.
>>
>>44347746
>that
>>
>>44347780
No, it's what you think. What the CYOA says disagrees with you.
>>
>>44347807
>What the CYOA says disagrees with you.
Nothing on the CYOA says it isn't, in fact I wouldn't know what else it could be. Just that the AI is developing sapience from some unknown source.
>>
>>44347763
>we are in disagreement about how much spare parts and material can be put in a cargo space.
Not really, I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

>You have nothing for the crew to do to have fun or unwind. Not even a place where they could meet up and have a party or something.
Yep, that's correct, and I do agree it's likely to become a problem.

>No, I was saying that you can't afford to spend 70% of your cash just on your energy system. Since you're taking that title it's a lot less significant though.
Yeah, I'm taking a bunch of high-level titles and contracts, I'm sitting at 893m gained and spent right now.
>>
File: Grand Hunt.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Grand Hunt.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>44347830
>Nothing on the CYOA says it isn't
Yes it does. It says that your AI has a personality. In the AI section you can see who the manufacturer of each available AI is. None of them are Herald. Therefore, the AI affected by the Whisperer title can't be Herald made.

>>44347851
>I'd just rather be safe than sorry.
Well yeah. That's the point when trying to get the most essential parts. I just think the factory wing is less essential than several other room types.

So I'd rather be safe than sorry and take one of those instead of the factory. Get it?

>Yeah, I'm taking a bunch of high-level titles and contracts, I'm sitting at 893m gained and spent right now.
Which ones?
>>
>>44347896
Titles:
>The Demigod
>The Traveller

Contracts:
>Search and Rescue, Tier 4
>And the Fire Grows, Tier 4
>Ace, Tier 3
>The Twin Fangs, Tier 3
>Heat, Tier 2
>Escalation, Tier 2
>Rogue Drones, Tier 1
>All Aboard, Tier 1
>>
>>44347966
>the Demigod
Best title. I used to always combine it with the Hellraiser but now I think I like Fatebreaker better than Hellraiser. Specifically because I also like the Traveller, and now that the AI section has been added the Whisperer is also appealing.
>>
>>44348028
I'd go for The Fatebreaker as well if it wasn't for Hhe Sleeper; having an unresting swarm of drones after you constantly sounds fucking terrifying.

>>44347896
>Get it?
Yeah I do, my reasoning is that it's still possible to reach you destination if they crew gets messed up, but there's no way you'll make it if it happened to the ship. But then again, one of those could lead to the other so I suppose they're both valid.
>>
File: 10 Years Solitary CYOA v2.jpg (1 MB, 1148x2508) Image search: [Google]
10 Years Solitary CYOA v2.jpg
1 MB, 1148x2508
>>44347746
>>44347788
>>
File: Valiant.jpg (112 KB, 1024x582) Image search: [Google]
Valiant.jpg
112 KB, 1024x582
Command Carrier “Valiant” CV-0042
Captain Nathan Lestrade:
Federation Navy

Training:
Basic Piloting
Standard Piloting
Diplomacy
Standard Combat
Mechanics
Nuclear
Ship Gunnery
Advanced Piloting
Cyber Security
Medical

Known Aliases:
“The Hellraiser”
“The Guardian”

Accepted Contracts:
Search & Rescue 4
The Acheron 1
Escalation 4
Ace 4
All Aboard 2
Twin Fangs 2
Rogue Drones 3
Heat 2
And The Fire Grows 4

Hull: Typhon Class Carrier
Point Defense Weapons: 13
Hangar Space: 52+8 Ground
Navigation: 3/25
Hull Armor: 21/25
Shield Strength: 19/25
Length: 1.6km
Crew: 2,000/2,800
Generator: 2x WY-266 Nuclear Fission Reactors
Command Suite: BH Command VR
Shields: Kruger-XD Advanced Shielding Units
AI: Jacob v13.0.3

Hull Upgrades: 4x Vehicle Bay
4x Hangar Bays
2x Hull Reduction

Weapons: 6x Flak Guns
4x Missile Pods
3x Machine Guns

Interior:
Crew Quarters Upgrade
Officer's Quarters
Captain's Quarters
Standard Infirmary
Evacuation Room
Standard Mess Hall
Tavern
Recreational Room
Engineering Bay
Hypercomms Room
Digital Security Room
Arsenal
Holding Cells
Teleport Platform
Meat Fridge
6x Cargo Bay

Crew Complement:
Wraith Flight Leader: Sgt. Mark LeCruz
Spectre Flight Leader: Tera En Chasteuse
Banshee Flight Leader: Dorian Krueger
Valiant Pilot: “Hailey”
Executive Officer: Tyler Vaughn
Ship's Engineer: Mireille Farley
Flight Mechanic: Trisha “Props” Lim
Power Systems Engineer: Amy McCartney
Ship's Doctor: Tina Wei
Flight Nurse: Bethany Parks
Ship's Gunner: Faith Nichols
Scientific Consultant: Lauren L. Lazuli
Cyber-Security Officer: Veslav Smertodov
Chief Cook: Patricia Cooper
Bartender: Carolyn Brooks
Bartender: Laurie Parsons
Wraith Flight: Wingman x3
Specter Flight: Wingman x7
Banshee Flight: Ace x 3
Security Team Lead: Darrel Wallace
Security NCOIC: Sgt. Raul Miller
Critical Skills Operator: Sophie Haynes
General Crew: 2,000 Federation Navy Personnel

Utility Equipment: Tractor Beam
>>
>>44348127
>I'd go for The Fatebreaker as well if it wasn't for Hhe Sleeper; having an unresting swarm of drones after you constantly sounds fucking terrifying.
Both the Guardian and the Sorcerer drawbacks sound a lot worse than the sleeper. And they should be, since the Sleeper gives you less credits and no free crew member.

>my reasoning is that it's still possible to reach you destination if they crew gets messed up, but there's no way you'll make it if it happened to the ship
Well I don't think that the ship needs shiny new parts for every little bump. It can get messed up and worn, it'll still hold together if a competent engineer is holding it together.

Meanwhile if your engineer has a psychotic break after a few years of nothing but empty work, you'll be in bigger trouble.

It's kind of similar to survival situations. The most essential thing in one is to not lose the will to survive, everything else comes after that.
>>
File: 10 Year Stretch CYOA v3.jpg (2 MB, 1700x4400) Image search: [Google]
10 Year Stretch CYOA v3.jpg
2 MB, 1700x4400
>>44347746
>>
File: Vanguard Line.png (158 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard Line.png
158 KB, 500x234
>>44348238

Drone Complement: Hull Repair Drone
Lasso Drone
Beacon Drone
3x Scout Drones

Ground Complement: 1x Dropship
2x MLUV

Fighter Complement:
4x Saber-tooth Interceptors, “Wraith Squadron”
4x Lancer Bombers, “Specter Squadron”
4x Shrike Attack Fighters, “Banshee Squadron”

SF-27 Saber-Tooth Interceptor
Hull: Wasp
Shields: Standard
Control Systems: V77-SLT Control Room
Power Systems: Power Capacitors
Weapons, Spinal: 2x Autocannon
1x Missile Launcher

Navigation: 20
Hull Armor: 4
Shield Strength: 9

SB-6 Lancer Long-Range Bomber
Hull: Moth
Shields: Standard
Control Systems: “Columbus” BTR37
Power Systems: Power Capacitors + Solar Panels
Weapons, Spinal: 2x Torpedo Silo
Weapons, Broadside: 2x Missile Pod
2x Machine Gun

Navigation: 17
Hull Armor: 7
Shield Strength: 9

X/SA-73 Shrike Attack Fighter
Hull: Wasp
Shields: Advanced
Control System: V77-SLT Control Room
Power System: Power Capacitors + Solar Panels
Weapons, Spinal: 1x Rail Gun
2x Missile Pod
Weapons, Broadside: 2x Machine Gun

Navigation: 20
Hull Armor: 4
Shield Strength: 13
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44348207
I assume we roll 1d100's
>>
File: Terminal.jpg (56 KB, 736x488) Image search: [Google]
Terminal.jpg
56 KB, 736x488
>>44348310

From: Capt. Lestrade, Nathan – Commanding Officer, Carrier Group 17
To: RAdm. Turner, Alex – Commanding Officer, Federation 4th Fleet
Subject: Recent Developments

Sir,

It's all going to shit out here. My whole crew is worried, you can see it in their eyes through the halls. Christ, I try to paint it better, that we can make it through, but at the end of the day, I'm just as scared. The truth is we're cut off and alone out here, and I don't know who to trust. Let me start from the beginning.
Four days ago, Carrier Group 17 was executing a routine patrol in the Scranton System. There was a distress call from a facility on the 3rd Moon of Scranton VI. Air patrols showed no life on the moon and a dropship was dispatched to the facility. There was only one living soul left on the moon, a young girl connected to a mess of gear. She was malnourished and on the brink of death, so the away team was ordered to bring her back to the Valiant.
En route to Archer, our systems received a data spike. I was willing to write it off, but Smertodov, my Cyber Security Head, was paranoid to sift through at all. Orders, and a bounty, for the destruction of the Resolute and the murder of the entire crew. The Resolute was engaged by its own escorts and forced to destroy them. Even my helmsman, Durant, attempted a mutiny on-board my ship. I was forced to take his life with my sidearm. We would have been sitting ducks if not for the girl we had rescued. Somehow, from her bed in the med bay, she knew what was happening, and took the helm of the Resolute, and saved my ship.
We've jumped to Star Dust station now, using what credits I have to repair and re-arm. Hopefully, its neutrality will keep us safe for a time. I'm begging you, any information, any help you can send us, we need it Alex.

Regards and Salutations,
Capt. Nathan Lestrade

ARE YOU SURE YOU WOULD LIKE TO DELETE THIS MESSAGE? [Y/N]: Y_
>>
>>44348207
Help me, fates
>>
So how good would torpedoes be against destroyers and frigates? Would T2 missiles actually be more effective against them?
>>
File: Timed Isolation CYOA.jpg (5 MB, 1300x9876) Image search: [Google]
Timed Isolation CYOA.jpg
5 MB, 1300x9876
>>44347746
>>
>>44348461
I would think missile pods are the best defense against torps. That or LLCs.
>>
>>44348631
Not what I was asking. But yeah, torpedoes are so slow that the heavier PDs would probably be the most effective against them. Possibly even autocannons.
>>
has the author of the traveler cyoa been on lately?
>>
>>44348631
>>44348684
I would personally think LLCs would still be best against torpedoes. It's unlikely that they'd have any sort of armor or shields so just hitting them with anything would take them out. And LLCs are the king of point defense when it comes to over all hit chance.
>>
>>44349542
>It's unlikely that they'd have any sort of armor or shields
I don't think it's unlikely. These are pretty huge missiles we're talking about here.

>And LLCs are the king of point defense when it comes to over all hit chance.
That would be missile pods.
>>
>Tfw never get to post in these threads because I end up slowly scrolling through to look at each cyoa

Anyway, what I've wanted to ask for a while is, can people post any funny cyoas? Someone posted a skeleton gangrape one several threads ago and I laughed so hard, which awakened me to the possible genre of comedic cyoa
>>
>>44349674
I don't think there's that many comedic ones. Most of them are either simulationist or raw wish fulfillment.
>>
>>44348207
Points please
>>
>>44349590
>I don't think it's unlikely. These are pretty huge missiles we're talking about here.
So are ICBMs. It's generally not economical to try and armor up something that WILL be destroyed even if it works right. Especially if it works right. And armor would just slow it down which would just make it even easier to shoot down.

>That would be missile pods.
I would say LLC are better at it because of the projectile velocity (light speed) and the much higher fire rate gives you many more chances to shoot it down if one shot should miss.
>>
>>44348207
These would be better without the misogyny, racism, and homophobia. Like, I'm not afraid of black people, feminist or gays so I get free points?
>>
>>44349986
afraid?

getting raped/dealing with stupid isn't being. biased. if you can handle that much utter bullshit, good luck.
>>
>>44349841
>It's generally not economical to try and armor up something that WILL be destroyed even if it works right.
Except lasers and flaks are everywhere in this setting. The smaller missiles probably just have thin housings, but I still don't think the big and slow torpedoes can afford to just get randomly shot down by every ship they fly towards. They probably are armored.

>projectile velocity
Doesn't matter since all of the T1 weapons are incomparably faster than torpedoes.

>fire rate
This is the crux. On one hand the laser is likely going to shine on the torpedo. On the other hand its very low damage is unlikely to damage the torpedo.

This is why the small T1 missiles are likely the best PD against torpedoes specifically. Not only do they have the damage to destroy it with absolute surety, they are also more accurate than the laser.
>>
File: Robot devil cyoa.jpg (382 KB, 1190x773) Image search: [Google]
Robot devil cyoa.jpg
382 KB, 1190x773
>>44349674
dark humor-ish?

i got the mars one too
>>
So basically, the next step is to create torpedoes that have their own light laser cannon PD so that they can protect themselves from missile pods.
>>
>>44345899
I don't know what's going on, but do you want the thing of realms? I'm sure I have the doc link around somewhere
>>
File: Hygienic Magic CYOA v1.2.jpg (5 MB, 1200x9372) Image search: [Google]
Hygienic Magic CYOA v1.2.jpg
5 MB, 1200x9372
>>44349674
Kinda funny if you like puns and a silly concept.
>>
>>44345390
Nora cause its christmas and making coookies!
tho I aint a good cook so both learn i guess.
>>
>>44346823
its nora not becky brah
>>
I've finally finished my first new Star Dust build

Origin: Dustkeeper (1m off of kinetic weapons tier 2 or higher)
Skills: Basic Piloting, Standard Piloting, Advanced Piloting, Ship Gunnery, Ship Weapon Specialization (Kinetic), Mechanics, Standard Combat Training (-2m), Advanced Combat Training (-2m), Diplomacy (-2m)
Titles: The Hellraiser (The Leader, The Nemesis, and The Space Cowboy, +400m), The Fatebreaker (The Whisperer, The Sleeper, The Traveller +400m)
Total Starting Cash: 900m
Search and Rescue Tier 4: +28m
The Acheron Tier 4: +38m
Escalation Tier 4: +44m
Ace Tier 3: +28m
This Land Tier 2: +12m
All Aboard Tier 4: +28m
The Twin Fangs Tier 3: +18m
Rogue Drones Tier 3: +18m
Heat Tier 4: +40m
Mining King Steve Tier 4: +36m
And The Fire Grows Tier 4: +18m
Asunder, Sweet Tier 4: Power Armor
+308m

Total w/Rewards: 1208m

Battleship: "Pyramid" (150m)

Artifical Intelligence: Blueberry
Mana Core x2 (60m, first is 40m and second is 20m)
Mana Shielding (40m, +17 shield strength)
Command Mod: CBL2 "Banshee" (20m)
Hull Mods: Overdrive Afterburners x5 (75m), Hull Reduction x2, Teleport Jammer (10m), Point-Defence Upgrade x3 (15m), Spinal Weapon Mount x2 (30m)

Spinal Weapons (3): Anti-Matter Cannon (80m), Ragefire Rail Gun x3 (29m)*
Broadside Weapons (28): Rail Gun x18 (58m)*, Missile Launcher x8 (45m), 2 free slots**
Point Defence Weapons (16): Flak Cannons x4 (10m), Missile Pods x4 (10), 8 free slots**
*Dustkeeper discount.
**Used for mining/salvage

Shield Drone x2 (4m)
Hull Repair Drone (4m)
Combat Repair Drone x2 (8m)
Science Probe x1 (6m)
Scout Drone x1 (1m)
Two Drop Ships (12m) both outfitted with two Auto Cannons each (two free/4m).
----Spider Tank (9m) with Rail Gun (free) and Auto Cannon (2m) and x2 Missile Pods (4m)
----MLUV (3m) with Machine Gun (free) and Missile Pod (2m)
----APC (4m) with two Auto Cannons (free/2m)
>>
>>44350459
Fighter: PI V17 (9m)

Power Capacitors x2 (18m)
Advanced Shielding (12m)
Command Mod: Cool Paint Job (free)
Hull Mods: Broadside Upgrade (2m), Spinal Weapon Mount x2 (6m), Overdrive Afterburner x4 (12m), Active Cloaking (6m)
Spinal Weapons (3): Rail Gun x3 (9m), Auto Cannon (2m), Missile Launcher (5m)
Broadside Weapons (6): Rail Guns x2 (6m), Auto Cannons x2 (4m), Missile Launchers x2 (10m)
Point Defence Weapons (4): Flak Cannons x2 (4m), Missile Pods x2 (4m)
----0G Mobile Suit (10m) with Rail Gun (free) and Auto Cannon (2m), not in the CYOA but I'd spend (1m) so the the second crew member of the Fighter could ride (not pilot) in the Mobile Suit if they need to evac the fighter. So the 1m is for a seat/life support for the second person.

Mining Harvester x8 (8m)
MK2 Freq Lens x4 (4m)
MK3 Freq Lens x4 (8m)
Salvage Harvester x2 (6m)
Tractor Beam (3m)
Composition Scanner (4m)
Poisoning Module (11m)
Honey Pot Module (9m)
Warp Jammer (12m)
CommScrambler (12m)
MITM Module (6m)
Penetration Module (12m)

Rooms:

Crew Quarters Upgrade (1m) - not a room
Upgraded Ship Security (8m) - not a room
Officer's Quarters (2m)
Captain's Quarters (5m)
Advanced Infirmary (12m)
Fancy Mess Hall + Tavern (9m)
Lounge + Rec Room + Observatory (3m)
Laboratory (3m)
Cryosleep Chambers (8m)
Cargo Space + Engineering Bay (3m)
Advanced Arsenal (9m)
Meat Fridge (4m)
Aquaculture Room + Hydroponic Garden (3m)
Training Room (3m)
Teleporting Platform (5m)
Holding Cells (1m)
Safe Room (3m)
Ore Processing Facility + Factory Wing (8m)
Hypercomms Room + Digital Security Room (6m)
>>
File: 1450236956903.jpg (616 KB, 1200x3250) Image search: [Google]
1450236956903.jpg
616 KB, 1200x3250
>>44349708
>>44350117
>>44350297
Thanks guys, I may do a funny one eventually
>>
File: 1450237086230.jpg (2 MB, 1200x4200) Image search: [Google]
1450237086230.jpg
2 MB, 1200x4200
>>44350579
>>
>>44350539
Pilots: Jacqueline Young (2m), Lia Stitt (5m), Gregor Hunter(2m), Kay Hunter (2m), Mikayla Stone (6m)
Engineers: Arthur Foster (5m)
Doctors: Lyra Miralda (7m)
Ship Gunners: Tavia "Echo" Tsun (5m)
Combat/Security: Owen Baker (1m), Sasha Baker (1m), Pierre Mikisugi (2m), Gregorz Grzegrzolka (2m), Arabelle Meyer (5m), Patch Newton (7m), "Locust" (14m), "Plague" (15m), "Archangel" (17m), "Styx" (18m)
Cyber Security: "Uplink" (12m)
Scientists: Lauren L. Lazuli (free), Sarah Escher (3m)
Production Managers: May Padilla (4m)
Chefs/Bartenders: Jorgen Masterson (1m), Mikka Akimoto (1m), Patricia Cooper (2m), Vito Lozano (4m), Laurie Parsons(1m), Carolyn Brooks(2m), Hal (4m)

Crew Archetypes:
Volunteers x300 - free
Civilian Workers x300 - 6m
Industry Labourers x200 - 4m
Researchers x200 - 4m
Explorers x200 - 4m
Medics x100 - 2m
Engineers x200 - 4m
Dustkeepers x500 - 11m
Androids x50 - 6m

I've filled 2,050 + Named Crew, that leaves some room if people decide to have kids or whatever.

1207m used
6m training
1m remainder
>>
>>44350605
why would they have kids in your ship?
>>
>>44350642
It'll be like a more terrifying snakes on a plane.

Kids on a spaceship!
No escape!
>>
>>44350642
I took Fatebreaker which means at one point during our journey the Traveler will kick in so we could be gone years, decades, forever. Romance happens in the workplace.

Besides filling a ship to 100% capacity seems a bad idea on large ships. What if something goes wrong with the life support?
>>
>>44350249
I don't know what that is, but it sounds useful.
>>
File: ArmstrongEntersThread.jpg (48 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
ArmstrongEntersThread.jpg
48 KB, 620x348
>>44350804
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bHWX2GlmAmCLHSXU0tF3LcL2xNrVEyBZ7ENvt2IgAf8/edit#gid=0
This is the sheet of all the realms that applied for the original RP. It's super informal and doesn't have all the flavor information.
I don't know what you/that guy wanted, I haven't been in these threads for a while.
>>
>>44348207
roll
>>
>>44347254
Mind Control for instant win, Button for body.
>>
>>44350797
Fair Point.

Just adding this
>second crew member of the Fighter could ride (not pilot) in the Mobile Suit if they need to evac the fighter. So the 1m is for a seat/life support for the second person.

Is it not overthinking? the fighter should have some contingencies for that anyway and then simply use the tractor beam to pull the person back home.
>>
>>44345390
>Not picking Becky
She seems like she'd be into some /tg/s - lots of them have finicky bits.

>>44345539
>Power.
Why bother choosing when I can let the magic choose for me?
>>
Small Mercenary Company Build

A small build meant for ground exploring. Pretty much relies on hiding and surprise torpedos in space combat.
Sports a decent enough number of mercs, enough for two squads lead by Ricce and Alessia respectively, for small combat operations.

Faraday or bust!
>>
File: 1436372063610.png (571 KB, 1000x1682) Image search: [Google]
1436372063610.png
571 KB, 1000x1682
>>44345390
>>
File: Towergirls_1.jpg (1 MB, 1700x3149) Image search: [Google]
Towergirls_1.jpg
1 MB, 1700x3149
Whatever happened to all the interest in this? I know some faggot tried some stuff at late Summer and then died out after like, 4 Quests, shame really. It doesn't see much use except the one guy making the Tactical RPG game-thing about it.
>>
>>44352415
>Blueberry
Top tier taste.
>>
>>44347254
Conduit and cyberpunk, a nicely balanced pair.
>>
>>44348207
rollan
>>
>>44347254
>still posting the most autistic and cringe worthy cyoa every made
>>
>>44345731
Did anyone ever finish the update to this?
>>
>>44348207
rawl
>>
>>44353561
No, author posted a WIP then disappeared.
>>
File: 1368533674154[1].png (3 MB, 2042x4850) Image search: [Google]
1368533674154[1].png
3 MB, 2042x4850
Who's ready for some old-yet-fun CYOAs?
>>
File: 1372489670264[1].png (793 KB, 1275x1134) Image search: [Google]
1372489670264[1].png
793 KB, 1275x1134
>>44353882
Alright, this one isn't quite as old.
>>
>>44348207
rolllll
>>
So i'm slowly making progress on my first CYOA, but i keep hitting brick walls in ways i didn't expect. What do you guys do when you just can't seem to find the picture you're looking for? Finding these missing pictures is the only thing keeping me from putting it all together.
>>
>>44354100
Drawfag threads, unorthodox Googles, Deviantart, and some of the stuff off the Anime/hentai boards.
>>
>>44346085
Mystery box you never let me down <3
>>
>>44348207
why not roll, before I even open it and know what I'm rolling for.
>>
>>44353882
I'll roll for this one.
>>
>>44347181
>No deadlifts
KYS
>>
File: 1375396005672[1].png (2 MB, 4877x2067) Image search: [Google]
1375396005672[1].png
2 MB, 4877x2067
>>44353938
>>
File: 1401762522882[1].pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1401762522882[1].pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44354333
This one has a special place in my heart, even if it isn't the best.
>>
>>44345390
Merry Christmas to you too, OP.
I pick Blitzen. Petting is the best fetish besides anal.
>>
>>44345390
Blitzen so I can tease her into gushing over me
>>
>>44354100
I ask people in the thread, but that usually doesn't work.
>>
>>44353527
Are you upset your shitty cyoa didn't make it in?
>>
>>44353882
Got to say that there are some huge power discrepancies in the charging methods.

Money for example is completely busted, all you need to do is keep your wealth under $50,000 by buying charges, regardless of how big or small your income is, and once you've saved up 1000 you can then just use tilt to instawin the lottery and get a shitton more, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>44348207

rolling desu
>>
Does anyone have the Fate/Stay Night cyoa?

Also picking Blitzen from OP.
>>
>>44354100
Look harder or ask the thread. Some people don't mind looking.
>>
>>44355109
M8t it's a cyoa about anthroing other cyoa and making them your waifu. It's absolute bottom of the barrel trash.
>>
>>
>>44355760
It's not that hard of a concept to grasp. There are cyoas about becoming a fucking slut and this is the one you penalize?

It's a bit obvious you're just jealous your cyoa wasn't recognizable enough to make it in.
>>
>>44355892
Not that anon, but personally I'm jealous and simultaneously don't think it's a very good CYOA. They're not even really waifus, they just have random numbers attached to random stats with boring descriptions. It doesn't even tell me their fetish.
>>
>>44355109
Not that guy, but the writing and characterization generally isn't evocative at all. Mostly boils down to "wow she strong at thing". Button, Island and Overlord I actually find somewhat interesting for this reason. Also using CYOA titles as names is weird. Ideally, the descriptions would capture the spirit of the original, and the names would just be subtle hints.

I'd try my hand at a rewrite, but I'm not familiar enough with them all to feel like I'd do them justice.
>>
>>44350117
>become one of the most attractive people on earth.
>Have good keks when I only fuck girls in the ass and think I outwitted the devil.
>Devil calls my bluff and I become the proud father of the worlds first butt-baby
>>
>>44355892
>they're all just jealous of my talent
Sure thing m8t
>>
>>44345390
I have something special for Nora to taste.
>>
>>44352688
Well shit son, I'd like the Skype client, but it'd mostly be useful for figuring out what people will do in the future. Same for the email client, but it's a bit more limited, since I need the address, and I can only ask one question at a time.

Web browser seems useful for getting rich and pulling scientific discoveries out of thin air, so it's worth considering.

Video player and image viewer don't seem terribly useful outside of creating content out of nowhere, so it's probably better if your artistic or like Anime a lot or something.
>>
File: Gift tag.png (130 KB, 565x292) Image search: [Google]
Gift tag.png
130 KB, 565x292
>>44346077
You know you've been here too long when you don't recognize OC without anyone writing "HEY Y'ALL, THIS IS NEW, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS BEFORE"
>>44346149
Why would you? You're not Sandra, and everyone knows you'd have red hair as a girl
If anything, you should feel bad.
Everytime you make a build without posting it, I have to go kill a swan.
>>44346668
What in the, I say, what in the hell is wrong with you?
>>44346863
You're welcome. And thanks. First time making a waifu-CYOA.
>>44354582
Sempai...
And yes, Bliss is objectively the best option. I just want to hug her when she's sad.
>>44356478
You're making her caramels? Nice.

>>44345899
Neat.
It's sad, but this is the best present I'll receive today.
How could you possibly make stickergirl a villain?
And who's the third guy?
>>
File: 1427318396717.jpg (190 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1427318396717.jpg
190 KB, 666x666
>Star Dust
So in the new version you only get a reduction in cost for just the hull of smaller class of ships (if you have a bigger one), or does it apply to propulsion and weapons like the previous version? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>44348251
Now that I think about it, the Hydroponic Garden/Aquaculture Room could probably double as a recreational area since it has a garden and a pool.
>>
>>44356805
>discount on all additional hulls
>hulls
It's pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>44356819
I'm asking because I wonder if it is intentional on an oversight on SDAs part.
>>
>>44356824
>discount on all additional hulls
>hulls
Looks pretty deliberate to me.
>>
>>44356491
To heck with that the Browser is super abusable just buy a domain for the next 11+ years then set up a cheep personal server mirroring Wikipedia\ several news sights and recorded stock info from the time you set it up then on the stocks alone you can make mad bank and then just add more info to your data base when you realize you have an interesting source that you can local mirror.
>>
I was making a build for a CYOA when I noticed one of the endgame options was uploading your intelligence, with free reign to visit virtual realities.

Why would you choose anything else? What would be the point of taking any options with post-CYOA repercussions when you could just have a completely malleable reality at your fingertips for, conceivably, until the death of the universe?
>>
>>44345390
>pepe
>and in the OP of all places
What happened to these threads.
>>
>>44355800
>Custom looking ships

We.. can do that?
>>
File: You fucked up.png (265 KB, 460x483) Image search: [Google]
You fucked up.png
265 KB, 460x483
AS MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO ALL OF YOU, SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOR YOURSELF:

ALL POINTS ARE DOUBLED FOR EVERY CYOA.

ALL NEGATIVES ARE REMOVED FOR EVERY CYOA.

ALL CYOA CAN GO TOGETHER, NO LIMIT TO HOW MANY. IF YOU WANT TO SMASH TEN TOGETHER, GO AHEAD.
>>
File: 1450728091568.png (636 KB, 2000x1921) Image search: [Google]
1450728091568.png
636 KB, 2000x1921
>>44357049
>>
>>44357001
Why not?
>>
>>44356807
You don't want to swim in the fish tank if you're going to eat the fish later. And while I don't think an efficiently laid out greenhouse is very relaxing, it would still be better than steel walls I suppose.

>>44357001
?

You can do anything you want. You can even draw it yourself if you like.

>>44356986
Merry christmas anon.
>>
>>44347181
Cardio
Balance
Crossfit
Annie

I'm ready for the zombie apocalypse, bro
>>
>>44356986
Merry Christmas, Anon-friend.
What did you wish for?
I wished for sempai to notice me, and for people to discuss their builds.
>>
What's the font used in the SD titles?
>>
>>44357067
>>44357083
I don't know.
>>
>>44357083
>>44356807
The hydroponic garden is specifically called out as a nice place to go, in this one.
>>
>>44357083
>You don't want to swim in the fish tank if you're going to eat the fish later.
Why not? You eat the fish from the ocean despite swimming around in it and all the shit that goes into it, and the water in the pool is even filtered.

>And while I don't think an efficiently laid out greenhouse is very relaxing, it would still be better than steel walls I suppose.
I think the picture looks pretty cozy.
>>
File: 1432202518642.jpg (804 KB, 1050x1608) Image search: [Google]
1432202518642.jpg
804 KB, 1050x1608
Odd question.

In theory, couldn't aquaculture rooms be used as armour if they were on the outer most hull rooms?
>>
given folks are talking about it here
in SD, do drones count as allied ships or not?
just wondering if all the allied ship bonus upgrades are of any use on a drone carrier
>>
>>44348207
rolll
>>
>>44357204
Because the ocean is huge and has a comparatively huge ecosystem which cleans everything. Meanwhile the fish tank would be cramped and all the crap you'd bring in with you would stay there.

>I think the picture looks pretty cozy.
Look anon, it's a pretty safe thing to say that a "garden" made up of rows and rows of plastic shelves filled with tomato plants wouldn't be enough to keep the crew from going retarded after a few years.

If you make it a nice place to visit then the food production efficiency goes way down. That goes for the fish tank too by the way, you'd probably need to slash the water volume down in half to be able to put in proper pool infrastructure. The best you could get out out of the fish tank without ruining it is a fancy aquarium.
>>
>>44353882
You got that Paladin CYOA that's not on the dropbox?
>>
>>44357236
>all these assumptions
Maybe you're an expert at ecosystems, I'm obviously not. I just assume that they work sufficiently well together since that's what's written in the CYOA.

>decrease in efficiency
Maybe, but it could still be sufficient, even in that case.
>>
>>44357329
Remember that this is a combine aquaculture and hydroponics that's the same size as for example an infirmary fit for a ship with a maximum crew of 9.

Yeah, basically both the "pool" and the "garden" are crammed together into the space of a small bedroom.

See why I think you'd need to leave them alone and not disturb them for them to actually work?
>>
>>44347254
Overlord is near-perfect in everything except magic. Magical Realm is strongest non-risky magic user and has decent vitality. These two complement eachother pretty nicely.

Then again, I hate to have a damn deity as my enemy.

Hmm... I guess it's Deity and Overlord then.
>>
>>44357329
>I just assume that they work sufficiently well together since that's what's written in the CYOA.
Also this. It doesn't say anywhere you can safely swim in it the fish farm, or that the garden is a good replacement for a rec room.

Pointing out my assumptions and ignoring the fact that you're making even bigger ones is kind of dishonest, anon.
>>
>>44357363
depends on the ship, it can also be the size of luxurious suites capable of holding 600 crewmembers in high comfort
>>
>>44357403
The conversation was about a minimum room frigate. Don't bring other contexts into this to confuse things.
>>
>>44357363
>tiny rooms
[citation needed]
Going by the pictures they're pretty massive and a frigate is definitely big enough to have some pretty big rooms.

>infirmary
Even an Advanced infirmary has multiple beds, and those are some pretty massive beds, there's no way it's the size of a small bedroom.

>>44357380
> It doesn't say anywhere you can safely swim in it the fish farm
Neither does it say you can't.

>or that the garden is a good replacement for a rec room.
>>44357194
>enjoy the fresh air

>assumptions
I did write >all these assumptions, I never said they were all yours :^)

>even bigger ones
I disagree with you on that, my assumptions are simply based on the CYOA while yours are based on reality.
>>
>>44345390
Vivian, oh the things I would do to you
I live in australia, so I'd make sure my house is her last stop
After all, she's what I wished for
>>
>>44357403
Aren't the rooms of equal size?
>>
>>44357429
>a frigate is definitely big enough to have some pretty big rooms.
[citation needed]
It can't even have more than 9 people. And no, that's not an average crew size, 9 is the absolute maximume, it could run just fine with a crew of 4 or 5.

It also has a max of 6 rooms.

>Going by the pictures they're pretty massive
The pictures are obviously generic ones for all ship sizes. Big rooms being pictured doesn't mean anything for tiny ships, just like tiny rooms being pictured wouldn't mean that a dreadnought with 7k people would have tiny little rooms that can serve a dozen people at most.

>Neither does it say you can't.
It doesn't need to. It's a fish farm, not a swimming area. If you could do something odd and completely different to the function of a room in it, that would need to be written in.

In fact, the rec room is for swimming areas specifically if you want to go by only what's written.

>I disagree with you on that, my assumptions are simply based on the CYOA while yours are based on reality.
This is further dishonesty. There is no way you could come to the conclusion that you can swim in the fish farm based on only the CYOA for example. That's an assumption based on real life.

The garden being relaxing is also an assumption based on real life. All it says is enjoy the fresh air. If you want an autistic reading of every rule like you seem to, then that only means the quality of the air is better.
>>
>>44357459
So you're saying that an infirmary on a frigate with 12 crew members is the same size as an infirmary on a battleship with 4 thousand people?
>>
>>44357410
backtracked the conversation: the only actual ship I saw named was a destroyer
>>
>>44357459
>>44357476
It was stated in another thread that the size is proportional to the ship hull size chosen. It's assumed.
>>
>>44357429
>Going by the pictures
You can't tell what portion of the inside is made up of available space, though.
>>
>>44357483
See the post linked in >>44345474

The destroyer is being compared to a faster frigate with only 6 rooms instead of 10.
>>
>>44357490
It's not merely assumed. It's implied in the Officer's Quarters description.
>>
>>44357498
The Captain's Quarters too actually.
>>
Guys. GUYS.

Please respond.

>>44357175
>>
>>44357469
>[citation needed]
>Length: 132m

>crew of 5
Yep, that's what I have.
>tfw two hull reductions on a frigate

>Big rooms being pictured doesn't mean anything for tiny ships,
You're right, that was a bullshit argument, but
>132m
>tiny ships

>It doesn't need to. It's a fish farm, not a swimming area.
A swimming area for fish, there's no reason humans can't swim in it too.

>If you want an autistic reading of every rule like you seem to
No, I don't. I just want a practical reading.
>>
>>44357521
orator std
>>
>>44357550
Thanks.
>>
>>44345468
>Japanese white eye, European Magpie, Japanese grosbeak.
Not so great at frobtlining, but when you need a place crippled of key personnel, equipment, and suffering from structural damage, we're your team.

>>44345539
Wealth. Interferes with my current life the least and means I have even less to worry about.

>>44345699
Tough choice between lemon-lime and cherry.

I'll go lemon lime because I don't like cherry flavor.

>>44345731
Dragon born, black dragon, hunger (I'm already a fatass, might as well work for me), and majesty.
>>
>>44357540
>>Length: 132m
Okay, sure, but look at the other frigates. They all have significantly more crew, room, and hangar space available. Meanwhile what does the grin have? More navigation and weapon slots. It's pretty easy to see that its space is more or less filled up with engines and weapon mounts, not the space for one bigass room. Especially in this instance where hull reductions were used.

>A swimming area for fish, there's no reason humans can't swim in it too.
Except fish don't need a pool type infrastructure and furnishing, they need a tank with nutrients and oxygen, and a very different type of filtration to pools where you can just dump chlorine in. Fish tanks don't need any way to get in and out of the water, to relax outside, they don't need a long and narrow shape for people to swim distances - they just need some volume, etc.

This is still not addressing ruining the crop of fish by swimming in there, by the way.

No, anon, I don't think it's reasonable to treat it as a recreation room. Especially given its small size on the order of the other rooms. Comparison to 9 people infirmary, remember?

>No, I don't. I just want a practical reading.
No you don't. If you wanted a practical reading you'd agree that the way to get a recreational room is getting a recreational room, not trying to bullshit it up with a room that has a completely different function.

I mean, you might as well start arguing that people don't need any recreation because they can go look at the pretty mana discharges the mana core is making or something. Or maybe they can look at the interesting paint patterns on the walls.
>>
>>44345468
Am I still a human in this situation?
>>
File: always too slow.jpg (52 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
always too slow.jpg
52 KB, 640x800
>>44350297
>she can take on the form of any human woman
Why...
>>
File: a very merry cyoa.png (2 MB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
a very merry cyoa.png
2 MB, 1200x1575
Merry christmas CYOA! Love, a friend.
>>
heh with the beatrice R&D drone cost reduction its actually possible to have a build with over 120 scout drones equipped with missile pods

heck current build I'm coming up with 138 missile pods and 4 missile launchers, dunno how that'd compare in damage to a properly build ship but the idea of that sheer swarm of missiles speeding towards any opposition is hilarious
>>
>>44357651
You don't need beatrice to do that.
>>
>>44357604
>No you don't.
Really? I think it would be pretty practical to basically have the functions from three rooms only take up a single room.

To quote SDA from >>44306532
>Generally, I really don't care if you bend the rules of the CYOA. I only put this stuff to images to create a framework for you guys to play around with; if you have any inquiries, I'm happy to answer them. But I don't really penalize people for going out of bounds.
>>
>>44345731
Coatl, Bronze, Worship, Majesty

>>44357564
Here's .psd of SDA's Fire Legion. I tried to find the original link but couldn't find it so I uploaded myself.
https://mega.nz/#!0kg2HbKa!TU5aSMx0w_Op9D6dtfpJqCITY1CgAYRbX1Fon7UKheY
>>
>>44357648
What's in the box
>>
>>44357648
Mystery box
>>
>>44357648
If you put a mystery box in, you don't need any other options.
>>
>>44357667
beatrice does reduce the cost of the build by 124 million so I'd say its pretty much required given its not a cheap build to begin with
>>
>>44357679
>Really? I think it would be pretty practical to basically have the functions from three rooms only take up a single room.
No, a practical reading implies you keep the practicalities of CYOA balance and intent in mind. What you're doing is extreme minmaxing.
>>
>>44357083
>>44357108
A merry christmas indeed, which is why an emblem of teenage self-effacing angst is so disappointing. We all know these threads have decline, but are we really /v/-tier now?
>>
File: Mr_Burns_-_the_box.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Mr_Burns_-_the_box.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>44357648
The belt is interesting and the dog is not very reliable but I'll take the BOX.
>>
>>44357708
You're doing it wrong. You should take like 6 cheap carriers if you're doing that.
>>
>>44357648
I'll take the belt thankyou
>>
>>44357722
guess you're right, but if you're going with multi carrier builds beatrice is still preferable since you'll end up with enough space to use regular combat drones instead of scout ones
and multi- carrier builds are not cheap either given you're also spending 30mil in reactors per ship
>>
File: hurrr we are a swarm.jpg (108 KB, 688x631) Image search: [Google]
hurrr we are a swarm.jpg
108 KB, 688x631
>>44357783
Here you go. 306 missile pods baby.
>>
>>44357710
>definition of practical
Let's not go down that road.

>intent
>>44306532

>having the function of a 1m room in two rooms that together take up a single room slot and cost 4m
>extreme minmaxing
I can agree that it's min-maxing, but it's pretty mild considering the scale of the CYOA. I'll change it so that I pay for a recreational room and combine it with Hydroponics/Garden.
>>
>>44357804
If you ask me you should consider this exercise interesting but not a viable ship. If you want a 25 nav frigate you should consider one of the other hulls that give you a lot more space and can still reach the same speeds.
>>
>>44357794
>still uses Beatrice origin
my point exactly, without that origin your build would be around 300 mil more expensive
also that's prolly for an older version of the CYOA given now you also get a 20% discount on same size additional ships
>>
>>44357828
I said that you can make the same build without beatrice, which is still true, since if you have only one carrier you aren't really minmaxing the drone numbers.
>>
>>44357648
10/10, would do next year.
Shapeshifter belt to make me look slightly better. The orb is useless, I already know my perfect match.
>>
>>44357703
Here Anon, I made a CYOA:

PICK A BOX, ANY BOX:
GREEN MYSTERY BOX
BLUE MYSTERY BOX
RED MYSTERY BOX
>>
>>44357857
Red or riot.
>>
>>44357648
So wait, does the belt change you into what you most desire or what people in general most desire?
>>
>>44357837
true enough still I'd say using beatrice origin for any form of drone swarm build is less minmax and more common sense
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1262x1499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1262x1499
>>44357863
YOU HAVE PICKED RED BOX
It contains one (1) ornament
When put on a tree, the tree starts emanating warmth and joy. It repels bad feelings and arguments, but only when on a tree and during the month of December.
>>
>>44357857
Green or griot.
>>
>>44357857
Blue or bliot.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 530x800
>>44358036
YOU HAVE SELECTED BLUE BOX
Inside is a cute Christmas dress.
Any girl who freely wears it will, while wearing the dress, appear more attractive to any man or woman who looks upon her.
It works when it isn't Christmas, but you'd be silly to wear it in the summer.
>>
>>44358102
>YOU HAVE SELECTED BLUE BOX
Looks like it's time for a griot.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 457x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 457x426
>>44358067
YOU HAVE SELECTED BLUE BOX
it contains an image. If you kiss it goodnight on Christmas Eve, Bliss will return to us, and she will finally have learnt not to engage the trolls.
>>
File: a very merry mystery box.png (467 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
a very merry mystery box.png
467 KB, 800x600
>>44357879
What you most desire- I missed a word.

>>44357857
>>44357721
>>44357703
>>44357688
>>44357687
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.