[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer: Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 18
File: Grimnir vs Vulcatrix.jpg (908 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Grimnir vs Vulcatrix.jpg
908 KB, 2048x1536
>>resources
pastebin.com/9JtJviaU

Incoming fyreslayer edition

Grimnir is duardin god of war, but he is so FUCKING HUGE!!!
>>
But what do they mean? The symbols, what do they mean?
>>
>>44343958
Something to deal with the Old Ones no doubt.
>>
File: 1450508649871.jpg (62 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
1450508649871.jpg
62 KB, 685x474
>>44343209

wonder how many bumps this thread will need to not get dumpstered this time
>>
Just sitting here hoping for dreadlord on peagasus rule update and new maleron model
>>
>>44344559
Probably. In the battletome it describes the astrolith as spinning and the globe inside rotating around. Pretty cool when I think about it.

I looked in the old early editions of the lizardmen battletome in hopes of finding a glyph translation (like the ork glyphs and dwarf runes) but alas there is nothing.

Anyway, I am just now finally reading the seraphon battletome and it is really kick ass. Im loving their new fluff a lot.
>>
>>44345057
Is it up on the mega yet? I wasn't here for the guy sharing it.
>>
>>44345201
It is! Get it! It's even a well converted PDF! Shit son I've been absorbing it into my brain all week

And I dont even play seraphon
>>
>>44345230
It's downloading now.
>>
I'm surprised we haven't had any leaks for the Fyreslayers release aside from the sprue pic.
>>
>WH40K is WHF in spess
>AOS is WH40K in fantasy setting

what the fuck what's even the point there already is warhammer fantasy and we already have Marines the fuck do we need a half assed mutant for?
>>
>>44346198
One would assume it is mid to late january then. We generally don't get good leaks until we get near the date. Right now what we know is coming next are the sweet army deals.

>>44346252
AoS is more like planescape or planeswalker than anything else. Everyone comes to the stupid conclusion that AoS=40k because the Stormcast Eternals remotely remind them of space marines.
>>
>>44343209
What comps would you guys do to add back a little of the tactical complexity to the game, without slowing it down too much (it's one of the reasons my friends like it)?

>No more rolling to see who goes first EVERY TURN
>Attacking a Monster induces a +1 (or is it -1?) for "To Wound" rolls, unless it's also a Monster
>Attacking a Cavalry unit induces a +1 (or is it -1?) for "To Hit" rolls if the Cavalry ran or charged the previous turn.
>Instances where a rule says "Summon" is changed to "Re-summon", unless a unit was placed in reserve.
>You cannot shoot into or out of combat.

Anyone got anything similar?
>>
>>44346349
that and they also have a God Emperor
>>
>>44346557
They have a god. He is not called the god emperor.

Is AoS really the only fantasy game setting where gods exist?

Keep stretching there buddy. I'm sure you will find keep finding what you are looking for, regardless of whether or not it is a relevant similarity.
>>
>>44346536
As far as Comp systems, SDK and Azyr seem to be popular. SDK is being adopted by adepticon for their AoS tournament.

As far as houserules, I adopt a look-out-sir rule against shooting (because hero sniping does seem to be a problem), and a limitation to summoning. Thats about it.

Shooting into and out of combat isnt nearly as game breaking as many think. And the rolling for initiative every turn adds a lot of tactical depth. Smart players plan on losing the roll every turn. Not smart players gamble on winning the roll every turn. So I like the initiative rolling.
>>
>>44346780
He is the God King. Former ruler of the Order Pantheon of Gods.

The title is slightly different but they serve the same function except the God Emperor is a corpse sitting on a Golden Throne while the God King is still alive. Both locked in their realms no longer capable or willing to bring the fight to the enemies of Order. Instead they can only support from afar and guide their people.

However, the God Emperor ha the excuse of being wounded. The God King changed his outlook on life after Archaon defeated him.
>>
>>44346827

I agree that hero sniping can be a bit problematic. I main Dwarfs and with their lack of large single model threats my heroes always seem to bite it since they're the next best thing for shooting. Their baseline troops are good but without big monsters or access to real magic the buffs from Lords and Runelords are pretty important. I try not to run cheesy gunlines myself, but I do like running the battalion warscroll which does require at least 20 Thunderers/Quarrellers. I've considered running a 9th Ed style line of sight house rule for shooting.
>>
Theres no warhammer fantasy general anymore so i guess ill ask here, is mordheim still played or would i have to look around and ask specifically to get a game?
>>
Has anyone heard anything about more shaven updates or releases?
>>
>>44347213
As with any out of print game, you will have to ask around specifically to get a game in.

>>44347245
Nothing yet. They are mentioned several times in the fluff and novels, and pestilens got repacks, so their place in the setting are pretty set in stone.

But there really are no updates we are used to. They wont change the rules of any of the warscrolls, just names and pictures. So your skaven now will play the exact same way as the skaven post-battletome.
>>
>>44346827
>Smart players plan on losing the roll every turn. Not smart players gamble on winning the roll every turn. So I like the initiative rolling

That's retarded, so when everyone plans to fail and just sits still their considered 'smart'? so you should never attempt to move aggressively? just encourages boring shooty builds because you're too afraid of moving forward and then fucking up one single roll

The random turn thing is so stupid i personally refuse to play it and everyone i know feels the same
>>
>>44348397
He means that smart players roll with contingencies in case the rolls fail, instead of being dependant on RNGesus for good rolls constantly. They prepare for failure so if it occurs they aren't completely doom.
>>
>>44348487
This.
>>
>>44348487
Pretty much. On top of that, I always found it sucked in 40k that going first or second on the first turn would put you at an advantage for the rest of the game. The random initiative shakes things up game round to game round. I like it, and most do from what I've seen. Adepticon isn't houseruling that, and and every battrep i've seen uses it as is. Nobody I've played with has an issue with it.

Anyone who complains about it on the internet cite the issue of a player going 2 turns in a row, but again, smart players will know how to deal with that
>>
How likely is it that GW cans the dorf line with the fyreslayer release?
>>
>>44350031
fyreslayers arent replacing dwarfs.

it is likely we will lose some of their models, like any metal ones, but you can expect mostly repacks of plastic and resin kits, and maybe a battletome
>>
>>44350031
The newest plastics are probably fine. Basically, I would be comfortable betting that all the model ranges that were included in black friday bundles are not going anywhere, and will be getting a reboxing with round bases at most.

So, for Dwarfs, that was the Runesmith, Ironbreakers, Hammerers, Gyrocopter and Cannon kit.
>>
>>44350668
I would even say the miners, thunderers, and warriors kit is safe.

Look at the plastic lizardmen kits that remained. A few of those are old as fuck
>>
It could use more rocks, but I think it's pretty great.
>>
File: youcheekyfucker.png (92 KB, 604x278) Image search: [Google]
youcheekyfucker.png
92 KB, 604x278
>>44351733
>>
>>44351733

Take away his horns, and that dude in the middle could be a luchador wrestler.
>>
>>44351733
>Chaos is way cooler than Lizards even in a Lizard picture.jpg
>>
>>44351998
I disagree. The seraphon are stealing the show in this shot
>>
>>44352496
>Implying that leaping Bloodreaver isn't ten times more badass than silly lizardshits
>>
>>44351949
I like that image.
>>44351998
Do you want to be stoned?
>>44352551
Only one guy doesn't make the rest of his faction cooler. Yeah he looks awesome but the other Khorne guys look boring.
>>
>>44351816
Why are those toys so god damn expensive?
>>
>>44352684
>Only one guy doesn't make the rest of his faction cooler.

Yes he does, especially when he's basically the only visible member of his faction, and easily the most eye catching thing.
>>
>>44352892
Because each rock is bathed in daemon tears.
>>44352939
There is one other guy beneath him. I can't tell if the guy pointing is angry or what in this picture.
>>
>>44353238
I do however have an idea for this one's name.
>>
File: 1450053723078.jpg (103 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
1450053723078.jpg
103 KB, 1280x905
Who's the best race and why is it Skaven?

>Tfw bought Island of Blood recently and have sprayed undercoat on all my Skaven, hyped to paint em and play some Age of Sigmar

I'm just wondering if I should go about putting em on round bases or just keep em on square.
>>
>>44353319
Because Sotek loves Skaven sacrifices and there are so many of them to appease Sotek.
>>
>>44353319
i'd say keep em square in case you ever want to play glorious 8th edition as opposed to faggot aos
>>
>>44353319
Round bases is entirely optional. Some like the look of it and I do find round bases to be easier to work with when it comes to close combat and piling in. Corners can sometimes fuck with that.

Other than that you can go square and it wouldn't affect your game at all.
>>
>>44353356
Sotek is dead, according to Josh Reynolds.

You can thank the Skaven for that.
>>
>>44355754
ugh, fuck chaos and their unstoppable winning streak. i like it when villains get beaten and humbled every once in a while. it keeps things interesting.
>>
>>44351733
You have pretty shit taste to consider that one of the best with the photoshopped models inserted in the image, the copy pasted saurus and skinks and the deformed carnosaur.
>>
>>44355754
>Sotek is dead
Sure, lets forget the groupshot with kroak, dracothion and sotek
>>
>They had a name, a mortal appellation that did nothing to convey the wholly interdimensional horror of their antithetical nature. The Slann. Starmasters. Heavenly lords dedicated to the purging of all that was and could be. A cleansing blandness that would stop the worlds in their orbits and split the realms from each other for eternity, trapping all in the cosmic amber of stasis.

-"Lord of the Cosmic"

The Slann are Lawful evil!
>>
Is there any real reason to use Dwarf Warriors in AOS? If it's not point based, it makes more sense to just use better units like Ironbreakers and Longbeards, does it not?
>>
>>44357636

I use them because they are part of the Dispossessed Clan Throng which is great. It's worth it to take 2x10 just to get the formation bonus on other units. Plus its fluffy to take them and they're not bad troops really. They reroll wounds in your opponent's turn, have shield wall, can take GWs for rend if you need it and can take the Clan Banner AND Runic icon at the same time.
>>
>>44358152
Solid units then. Had to ask, because their models are fairly dated. You know, rule of cool and all.
>>
>>44343958
Check the new Seraphon© Battletome™ to find out! :-)
>>
>>44353282
>>44353238
>>44351733
This shit is so low quality compared to the old masterpieces of artwork it makes me cry.
>>
>>44356761
>ugh, fuck chaos and their unstoppable winning streak.

Chaos has no such thing.

>i like it when villains get beaten and humbled every once in a while. it keeps things interesting.

Most pieces of fiction have the villains lose.
It's pretty much the opposite of interesting, it's the expected.
>>
>>44357622
>blandness

Certainly describes the Seraphon.
>>
>>44352551
>Implying he isn't getting his crotch bitten off as soon as he lands on that conveniently open lizard maw.
>>
>>44357622
>implying anyone would know what the end goal of the slann is.

Yeah, no, that's stupid, it's like saying a surgeon is a butcher because you're judging his goals only by the first minutes of the intervention that consisted in cutting open and removing parts.

And who exactly would be talking there?
>>
>>44358399
>Implying slow lizardshits are going to be able to stop his hot-blooded action.
>>
>>44358456
No one in-verse. It's the narrator/author.

>So to age-long slumber Xalanxymanzik returned, its drifting thoughts moving towards ever-more esoteric domains as physical concerns faded. A dream-shard split from its near-dormant musing and fell like an insubstantial feather, borne far upon cosmic winds until it descended into one of the Mortal Realms and touched upon the mind of a human. There it nestled, awakening thoughts never before conceived.

>Perhaps this time the mystic formula would unravel itself and the Cosmic Gate would open, revealing the innermost power of Tzeentch, and laying the heart of the Great Architect exposed to attack. Nurtured by its human host, the Eternal Equation started to grow again, fuelled by a hurried, desperate, mortal ambition that the slann could never possess. The essential component, the missing variable.

>The Chaos factor.

The Slann are plotting to open a way into Tzeentch's domain straight into his heart. However, they can't do it their own. They need human ambition and drive, which they lack, to open the way.

So the Slann dude implanted the mind of a human with the eternal equations that will open the way. The problem is....the human is not tainted by Chaos. For the equation to work the human must have the "Chaos factor". I think it's implication that the Slann will guide this human in falling to Chaos.

Further proof that the Slann are lawful evil.
>>
>>44358549
>I think it's implication that the Slann will guide this human in falling to Chaos.
>Further proof that the Slann are lawful evil.
Your think. That's the problem, Carnac. Next time, don't taint facts with your opinion.
>>44358498
Mate, that guy is in for a world of disappointment. Lizards have no blood or skulls anymore. A Nurgle guy got his skin burned when the light inside of a lizard got on him. A vampire tried drinking a Lizard's blood, but she got burned and got her skull ripped off.
>>
>>44358652
I am entitled to my opinion. You are free to read the text or the story and form yours.

Try not to make it personal, next time. Sheesh, touchy.
>>
>>44358673
You're not entitled to claim opinions as proofs, though.

Slann are not evil, they are lawful neutral, always have been.
>>
>>44358549
>For the equation to work the human must have the "Chaos factor". I think it's implication that the Slann will guide this human in falling to Chaos.

Or that the slann already predicted he would fall to chaos.
>>
>>44358705
I did not claim my opinions as proofs. You are lost.

>Slann are not evil,

That's your opinion. From the behaviour I just saw, I see that they are lawful evil.

Next time have a civil discussion instead of shitting up.
>>
>>44358718
Possible.

But one would ponder the carelessness of allowing a mathmagical equation of reality shattering proportions to be implanted into the mind of a corruptible human. The Slann foresight is not infallible. It might end with it all biting them on their scaly asses.
>>
>>44358751
>>44358549
>Further proof that the Slann are lawful evil

You based this on the assumption the slann would do something, not on the fact he did something.
The slann still hasn't done anything that would directly lead to the corruption of chaos, just put an idea in the mind of a human, the idea of opening a gate to tzeentch and march in the crystal labyrinth.
We don't know whether it is the slann or the intrinsic nature of the man that will make him fall.

It cannot be considered an evil act judging from this, as it isn't evil to put order in the cosmo.
You're the one throwing tantrums for having your opinion discarded, I'm not even the guy you started the discussion with.
If you want civil discussions, start by being civil.
>>
>>44358779
That doesn't touch the point of the vileness of the action though.
Slann don't act carelessly, this is a fact, if he did so, he planned it long enough.
>>
>>44358834
>It cannot be considered an evil act judging from this, as it isn't evil to put order in the cosmo.

Going by the mentality of "For the Greater Good" is by itself evil. Good intentions does not lessen evilness of the potential act.

Putting a dangerous Chaos equation into the mind of mortal? What the worst thing that can happen.

>If you want civil discussions, start by being civil.

I presented an opinion. You had to do is disagree and point out why. Instead of throwing tantrum and saying you are wrong because you are wrong!
>>
>>44358861
What if he fails? What if the equation leads to disaster? You can plan as long as you like but you cannot cover all the bases. When Tzeentch's realm covers all the realms because of this gamble, would you see it as vile?
>>
What has Lord Kroak done recently?
>>
>>44359023
Nope.

Just OC Slaan doing stuff.
>>
>>44359023
nothing apart floating in the skyes taking selfies with dracothion and another serpentine creatyre made of starts, unless he was the mummified slann that hacked a soon to be portal to nurgle gardens obliterating and driving away the rotbringers at one end of the portal, in that case he did that too.

>>44358979
if the plan cause vileness due to an unplanned repercussion, the plan in itself is not evil.
if you give money to a homeless, it is a good action by itself, regardless of the unthinkable possibility of said money passing him an illness that will kill him.

the slann plan things a lot, thinking of all possible variants, if the plan is undertaken it means that the bad end didn't fall under the possible outcomes and is instead an umpredictable unavoidable variant; it going wrong is not caused by the slann nor it means the action or the plan is evil.

>>44358959
doing things for a greater good is not evil by itself. doing lesser evils for a greater good too isn't an evil act as a whole, as long as the result is really an objectively greater good than all the lessere evils, and not just a relative good, it's a subtle difference, but there's a difference.

still we haven't seen any evil, be it lesser or great caused directly by the will of a slann.

plus you're implying the equation is chaotic or dangerous for no real reason apart your bias.
it is not stated as such, its consequences are not necessarily all relative to its nature, many variants are in motion, at that point it is the variant not included in the equation that causes the evil, not the equation, the same way guns don't kill people and video games don't nurture killers.

the only one throwing tantrum here is you, assuming the first anon was taking it personal and accusing people of not discussing in a civil way.
people did disagree and point out why, where is the tantrum?
>>
>>44359540
>the only one throwing tantrum here is you, assuming the first anon was taking it personal and accusing people of not discussing in a civil way.

I was referring to the first response

If you guys started the conversation civilly instead of going to "Carnac Carnac" bullshit, then everything would be a-okay.

>the slann plan things a lot, thinking of all possible variants, if the plan is undertaken it means that the bad end didn't fall under the possible outcomes and is instead an umpredictable unavoidable variant; it going wrong is not caused by the slann nor it means the action or the plan is evil.

Except the plan started with an evil act. The implanting of a Chaos equation into the mind of a human. Basically, giving a potential terrorist the launch codes for nukes and hoping you will manage to stop him in time and use whatever going to happen to your advantage.

The human would have never had even imagine or thought of equation and the destint that would come along with it if the Slann did not plant the shard in his mind.

>plus you're implying the equation is chaotic or dangerous for no real reason apart your bias.

Read the short story before talking. The equation is a Tzeentchian one meant to open a pathway to Tzeentch's own nexus of realities aka the Labyrinth. How can it not be dangerous? The bias I see here is yours enforced by ignorance.
>>
>>44359651
>And Rikjard would stand in that place and look upon the wonder of all the realms and know the last piece of the Eternal Equation set forth by Tzeentch to bind the universe together. With such power, Rikjard believed even Archaon and his possession of the Allpoints would be rendered inconsequential.

The equation is not just Tzeentchian. It's belongs to Tzeentch himself!
>>
>>44358152
Another thing I like about them, you know that dreaded double turn your opponent can get because of turn initiative rolls? Dwarf warriors excel in that. It's one of the ways they deal with the double turn. If you go first in a game round, get those warriors up to where they become an enticing charge target (you don't want to charge with them so you can get your shieldwall) and have your runelord put ancestors shield on them instead of forgefire. Suddenly you have a unit that's ready, and willing, for your opponents double turn.
>>
>>44359651
I know you were, is it uncivil to call you by the name you're known as when recognized now? is it uncivil to tell you not to use your opinion to support and influence facts? no, it isn't.
it's not civil to accuse the other of being uncivil though.

>evil act
you're still implying the slann are doing an evil action
the equation is not chaotic, nor belongs to tzeentch, that's what the tzeentchian believes because he would know little about the role of the slann in this, but as you posted yourself, the thing started when the slann detached a part of its being to nest in the mind of the human, the slann cannot be chaotic.
you're implying the formula is dangerous only because the guy believes that he would be able to use it in a dangerous way, we do not know if the plan of the slann actually allows it to be used in such a way.

by your argument, growing a pathogen in a controlled situation is an evil act because the pathogen would strive to cause damage with the nourishment provided.
it would be evil to purposefully unleash a pandemy with it, while carelessness to let it out by mistake.
the slann don't want to cause a pandemy nor plan things carelessly, the action is not evil, nor has evil ends.
to instrumentalize the mind of a future enemy is arguably evil.
>inb4 the slann corrupted the man
we have no indication that the man was directed by the slann to chaos or that he wouln't have gone chaotic anyway.

but you're right, I'm ignorant, I don't have the short story, nor I'm planning to buy it, I'm basing this on what you're posting and still haven't seen something that would undeniably support what you're saying.
>>
>>44360162
>the equation is not chaotic, nor belongs to tzeentch, that's what the tzeentchian

No, it belongs to Tzeentch the whole equation was meant to open a TZEENTCHIAN Gateway to Tzeentzh's own realm. The Slaan plan is to have a mortal open it for them. The Slann cannot pursue the equation themselves because they lack the "Chaos factor", the ambition and desperation of men.

>the slann cannot be chaotic

Clearly they can harbour Tzeentchian thoughts because the equation contained Chaotic Mathmagical equations.

>we have no indication that the man was directed by the slann to chaos or that he wouln't have gone chaotic anyway.

Lets drop a Tzeentchian minhdblowing mathmagical equation into the mind of a random human. Lets see what happens. Having thoughts forced into your mind about openning a gateway to Tzeentch is totally a natural thought process for humans.

They seeded a future enemy in an act of hubris.

>but you're right, I'm ignorant, I don't have the short story, nor I'm planning to buy it,

Then your opinions on the matter have little value unless you do. It's like 2-3 bucks.
>>
>>44360434
>in an act of hubris.
hubris the slann can't even feel because they lack the chaos factor to harbor emotions, you're saying nonsense.
the equation contained mathmagical equations. period. you're implying they are of tzeentchian nature only because a tzeentchian could use them to a tzeentchian end.
the tzeentchian part was in the human, not in the component of the mathmagical equations.

>random human.
still implying.
why would a slann choose a random human when they could choose a human that would have fallen and be more in line with the plan at hand anyway?

believe what you want, but post proofs when claiming facts, carnac.
>>
>>44358191

Yup. I have a ton of them cause of 8th list comp but you could definitely get away with just having 20 or so to use with the formation.

>>44359817

Also this. I use them to tie down my opponent's stronger units when I might get double turned so I don't get my Hammerers or characters wrecked two turns in a row. Usually my two units of Thunderers can do some real work before the Warriors meet their end, then I charge in the Hammerers, GW Longbeards and Lord. Formation doesn't call for a Runelord but it's definitely a great addition. 4 up re-rollable save is boss on the Warriors and even Forgefire is great on them combined with other buffs if you're getting your second turn in a row and they're already in combat.
>>
>>44349112
I have a helpful rule of thumb for this.

When going first in a round, prepare for your opponents double turn.

When going second in a round, play aggressive.
>>
>>44360876
>hubris the slann can't even feel because they lack the chaos factor to harbor emotions

Except they can harbour emotions. It's mentioned in the Seras aand Slaan can feel rage and grief in the battletome.

What they cannot feel or understand is the mortal ambition and selfish drive.

>the equation contained mathmagical equations. period. you're implying they are of tzeentchian nature only because a tzeentchian could use them to a tzeentchian end.

Nope, they contain Tzeentchian mathmagical equations.You cannot claim that they are not Tzeentchian when you didn't even read the short story. The equation contain Chaos numerals and they open a gateway to Chaos.

>why would a slann choose a random human when they could choose a human that would have fallen and be more in line with the plan at hand anyway?

From the text it appears that the Eternal equation just fell from the mind of Slann and wandered on the cosmic winds until it was planted into the minds of a random human. Does the text say that the Slann planned it to be this human?

>believe what you want, but post proofs when claiming facts, carnac.

Samething goes to you.
>>
So is Barruscuna not!Italy or not!Iberia?
>>
>>44363148
>nu-uh, it's as I say and I don't need to post proofs
>your opinion doesn't matter anyway

I'm not the one claiming facts though, just diregarding your baseless assumptions; burden of proof falls on you.
>>
>>44363701
The fact is Slaan are scattering Tzeentchian formulas into the cosmic winds. The short short story says its Tzeentchian, it has Chaotic numerals, and the Slaan plan is to have a human do what they cannot. To fully unlock it so that they can open the captured Tzeentchian gateway.

If you don't bother reading the story, then you are the ones throwing assumptions.
>>
>>44350090

Outside of possibly Slayers, I could see Fyreslayers not touching the Dwarf line at all since they're basically a new army.
>>
>>44366562
Current slayers are going because they are metal, including ungrim. I can see the plastic dragon slayer staying, but getting a rename and put with the fyreslayers line

So the duardin range I imagine won't have any orange mohawk crazy stunties
>>
Help me build a comfy dwarf fortress themed army /aos/
60 wounds would be cool.
>>
>>44367757
Build the dispossessed clan throng and you're good to go
>>
>>44367757
>>44368016

This. 60 wounds total at minimum models per scroll.
>>
Lets just say, hypothetically, that if AoS doesn't sell and fails, would GW just axe it or will they pull some End Times shenanigans before they do it? I am really curious.
>>
>>44371511
They would axe it completely. They would probably continue to sell fantasy kits for collectors in limited runs, but no rules system or anything like that. Fantasy would continue on with specialist games only, getting limited releases. And even then we don't know what specialist games they would do. Mordheim wasnt mentioned in that big news document for specialist games, only blood bowl.

AoS was a last ditch effort to revive fantasy before they tried to can it completely. If AoS fails, fantasy fails completely.

>inb4 hurr durr thats wut they shoulda done instead of this abomination derp derp
>>
>>44363820
>Tzeentchian formulas into the cosmic winds. The short short story says its Tzeentchian, it has Chaotic numerals
Proofs?
>>
How to build a good army around nighthaunts/ghostly things, /tg/?
>>
>>44372845

Personally I'd go summoning heavy and spam spirit hosts to tie up units while Banshees scream their heads off. Arkhan the Black for general, couple Mortis Engines, few Banshees.
>>
>>44346536
>Passive bonuses are now tactical complexity.

Monsters and cavalry in AoS are in a much more logical and tactical step as they are now than they ever were in Warhammer.

Monsters have fuckhuge healthpools and can weather a ton of shots but reduce in effectiveness.

Cavalry in a game all about speed are so fast you're always getting charges off and hitting flanks.
>>
>>44346877
>Carnac thinks he knows shit.

No, the chaos gods defeated him, and his pantheon splintered.

Are you saying the Emperor of Mankind is an Odin analogue?

Because he's really really not.
>>
File: 1446939930955.jpg (183 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1446939930955.jpg
183 KB, 1024x887
>>44373267
Holy fuck pic related
>>
>>44355754
Josh Reynolds knows literally nothing about the Warhammer universe.
>>
>>44373267
Show me an example where SJW and other tumblrtards don't actively hate good fantasy?

The LotR craze is over, look at how they ruined the Hobbit.
>>
>>44373320
That pic is 100% certified cancer.
>>
>>44373314
Archaon defeated him. Lets assign credit where its due.

No, I am just saying that they serve the same function. Both are deities that no longer can act on their own (one due to injuries and the other due to unwillingness). Their purpose now is to guide and direct their warriors and people and scatter their blessing from waaaay afar.

Sigmar is analogue for the Emperor except he is not a cripple. He just chooses to remain on his throne and having others fight his battles.

Heck, I guess there is another similarly. The Grey Knights aka the Last Gift of the Emperor. Before he finally was entombed on his throne, he used his own flesh and blood to create the ultimate anti-Chaos force as a gift to a galaxy and a people he failed.
>>
>>44373386
Considering I've seen it in real life I'd say it isn't to me.
>>
>>44373385
I don't see how the Hobbit is even remotely SJW.
>>
>>44373420
The pic?
>>
>>44373320
>>44373385
>>44373386
>>44373420
>>44373426
>>44373439
You idiots. It's a spam post. Report and ignore. Some douche makes a thread of it then spams this post in every thread he can.
>>
>>44374069
He's right though.
>>
>>44373331
>>44355754
Actually, is sotek really important? I'm not familiar with lizardmen lore, AFAIK sotek is nothing but a omen, myth, deity did nothing (?).

Sotek Green is fucking important, although I use vgc turquoise as alternative.
>>
>>44375237
At least his name survived since there are constellations with Sotek's name. Maybe he became a zodiacal monster?
>>
To anybody that read the Lord of the Cosmic Gate, was the Thautomaton explained?
>>
>>44375266
Still there, but not important.

>>44375284
Got it, but haven't read yet. Will upload soon.
>>
>>44375237
Sotek is one of the Lizardmen's gods worshiped primary by Skinks. To the skinks all serpents are sacred, but the bigger the serpent the more holy it is. Might have been a manifestation of an Old One at one point.
>>
>>44375284
https://mega.nz/#F!T9pnWZjZ!p4szZGcxcPEQsaAWsRN0cg

All 2015 advert in tablet epub format. Tell me if I miss anything.
>>
80 wound list
1 Night Goblin Big Boss
1 Night Goblin Shaman
58 Night goblins with spears and shields, full command
10 Night Goblin Archers
3 Fanatics
>Big mob of fearless gobbos (inspiring presence) go and stab shit to death while grumbling about the sunlight
thoughts?
>>
>>44376310
goblins are terrible
bring more fanatics
>>
>>44375938
Awesome, Thankyou!
>>
File: 1397973219684.gif (1 MB, 452x162) Image search: [Google]
1397973219684.gif
1 MB, 452x162
Just received the whole Archaon model for Christmas and his entire paint range. Aside from being blown away, its time to get this bad boy started.
>>
>>44378630
I got a devilfish from my brother (for my tau obviously)
Skaven stormfiends from my wife (for my dark eldar project)
And I think I'm getting blightkings from my secret Santa at my game store (for my rotbringers/pestilens army perfect coming up)

Then a bunch of Christmas cash which will get me some ironbreakers/irondrakes and I'll save for the duardin and fyreslayers army books

A good Christmas
>>
no0b here

can someone please tell me about archaon's fluff? what is he trying to do? from what i heard here he is trying to beat chaos with chaos, but im not sure. any fluff info would be appreciated.

also, how does one do malal in aos?
>>
>>44380026
>also, how does one do malal in aos?

Kill yourself.
>>
anyone have a link to the fireslayer sprue?
>>
>>44380270
http://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2015/12/02/news-duardin-fyreslayer-sprue-leaked/
>>
>>44380854
>http://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2015/12/02/news-duardin-fyreslayer-sprue-leaked/

Thanks. This guy looks way too ornate to be a standard unit...why is everyone so sure he's a fire slayer and not a hero unit or lord choice?
>>
>>44381086
Slayers can be lords and heros
>>
>>44381086
It's most likely a fyreslayer hero of some type
>>
>>44381124
>>44381239
good point. I wonder if these have unique rules or can be fielded in other armies like ogre mercenaries
>>
>>44381612
It's AoS, there are no allies rules. You can field anything with anything. But it does favor synergy with keywords. So it would depend on their keywords and abilities
>>
>>44382433
blehhhh
>>
>>44381239
>>44381124
>>44381086
That spure is standard bearer

>>44380118
>>44380026
Malal have been canonned for years, and Archaon become BBEG of AoS, unlike the loser in storm of chaos.
>>
>>44382524
Well it is a case of 'you can, but why would you?' when most things are better served within their own faction when it comes to unit synergy, which is the closest things to list meta this game has, how well some units work with each other and their heroes.

that and the game encourages storytelling over powergaming.
>>
>>44384707
Heros have held standards before.
>>
>>44384707
>That spure is standard bearer
battle standard bearers, man

I guess they're called arcane bloodsecrator bannerskull carrymen now
>>
>>44384817
only the khorne ones, bro
>>
>>44384780
most dwarf heroes hold banners in fact...
>>
So I am currently planning my New empire army and would like some opinions for a list that fits my FLGS's comp.

It consists of
Empire General in Griffon
20 Empire Knights (maybe split them up to get that formation bonus?)
One Hellblaster Volley Gun
One Engineer

Will they put out a decent amount of damage?
>>
>>44358225
If you look at the rules, fluff, and sometimes the models, you'll find that's a recurring theme.
>>
>>44343209
>basically that ridiculously swole Bloodthirster with a dorf head
no thanx geedubya
>>
>>44353238
>>44353282
>lizardmen
>fighting in snow

yeah nah
>>
>>44388716
>implying lizardmen care about what people believe they can or can't do.

these are seraphon anyway, totally different shit.
>>
>>44388716
Their hateboner for Chaos keeps them warm.
>>
Anyone have any of the lizard men scrolls? Would love to read on them.
>>
>>44389687
They're free on the gw website. And the battletome is available for download in op's pastebin
>>
>>44389687
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warscroll#Seraphon

Knock yourself out.
>>
>>44346349
Could someone post the list of Start Collecting bundles they are doing for me?
>>
File: 1450738599561.png (118 KB, 788x348) Image search: [Google]
1450738599561.png
118 KB, 788x348
>>44390710
$85 each, iirc.
>>
>>44391206
These are too good. I'm having a hard time believing it
>>
Is the book with the cool as fuck art in the mega archive?
>>
>>44357622
Haha are you so Carnac you can't tell fact from internal opinion and dialogue?
>>
>>44391555
believe it motherfucker
>>
File: 250281833_15ff6d1cf7_b.jpg (315 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
250281833_15ff6d1cf7_b.jpg
315 KB, 1024x681
>>44351733
>Everything out of proportion
>Every lizardman has roaring sameface
>Bastilodon's neck is attached to its breastbone
>Carnosaur's face is melting
>Chaos guy's back is somehow stretching to escape the awful picture
>Guy at bottom looks done with all this shit
>Colours all over the place, looks a fucking mess
>Random lava to fill gaps in composition

Absolute shit-tier art. Just when I thought this fucking game couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>44391644
there's no book with cool as fuck art in the mega archive.
but all AoS books should be there.
>>
File: rbsk4.jpg (49 KB, 630x481) Image search: [Google]
rbsk4.jpg
49 KB, 630x481
>>44355754
As a skavenfag and a lizardfag, this is a load of shit. The skaven never managed to kill Sotek, their only actual encounter with him was when he chased Clan Pestilens back to the Old World. And Clan Pestilens are shit, it's not like they could kill him.
>>
>>44392122
>Every lizardman has roaring sameface
anon, they have almost litterally sameface.

the terradons and the bastiladon on the back are even recoloured pics of the actual models.
>>
>>44392122
Are you the guy who keeps posting lizard picture? If so, then I remember you praising the same art piece a while ago.
>>
>>44392194
Sorry anon, nope. Just googled 'angry lizard' for a reaction pic and that was the first decent one.
>>
>>44391644
OP anon here, which book of cool art?
>>
Holy shit why are dark shards a pain in the ass to put together
>>
>>44353319
Bruh. Stormvermin.

Also take a quick look at Tretch Craventail's command ability
>>
What's the reference/what was based off of the book of grudges
>>
>>44387491
this
>>
On an arachnarok spider, should I take a flinga (4 to hit 3 to wound d3 damage catapult) or a shaman (on a four for a spell when I roll a 6 to hit it causes 2 mortal wounds instead of 1 with one of my spiders attacks )
This is the only forest goblin unit in my army.
I might at 10 forest spider riders in the far future though.
>>
>>44394975
What do you mean?

>>44397843
If you're not into magnetizing, always the shaman. There are often advantages to having a wizard, even if it's just for the benefit if time of war rules or some of the battleplans
>>
>>44398555
If there is a real world inspiration for the book of grudges or its just made up.
>>
>>44398734
I think it was partially inspired by Tolkiens dwarfs holding grudges, but then turned up to 11 with the books of grudges each family has. So I think the book of grudges itself is a gw original
>>
>>44358231
Not that Anon, but having a simple "subversion of norms" ending over something that makes sense for
METAPHYSICAL
EMBODIMENTS
OF
ENTROPY ITSELF
is kiddie pool depth, and if that's what you have to offer as a collective body of authors then fuck son just stick to tropes.
>>
>>44403293
>Replying to a days old post

For what purpose?
>>
so is anybody who played 8th actually gonna switch over to playing this shit?
>>
>>44404002
When I first read the AoS rules I thought it was terrible, but decided I couldn't judge a game without playing it first. It might look bad on paper but be fun when played.

Went to GW, had a game using the starter kit. Thought the game was boring, but figured it was because I was using armies I didn't give a shit about.

Tried several games using my own armies, was bored rigid in each one. Unlike Fantasy, where I have to calculate odds, second-guess my opponent and outwit them with manoeuvres, it's just moving models forward and rolling dice until someone wins. I might as well be bashing two action figures together.

So no, I'm not switching over at all. Gave it a go like everybody should, but hated it. It's just a bad and boring game.
>>
>>44404168
Your opinion do not trump others, AoS isn't fit your taste do not mean "bad and boring". Sound like a certain hater from dakka, since tide have been turned, dakka become more AoS friendly atm(whineseer still dead).

Troll lose their playground, so come here and disguise his subjective criticism into vaild comment, starting with an open attitude but end with a "bad and boring".

No, you don't need reply, all I wanna say is, dakka become more AoS friendly. Just shut, and move to whineseer, tons of hater out there to play with you.

OK, if your not a troll/hater, you should try warmachine horde or kings of war with 3rd party model.
>>
>>44404168

>it's just moving models forward and rolling dice until someone wins. I might as well be bashing two action figures together.

So just like Fantasy
>>
>>44404286
>Your opinion do not trump others,

He just stated his opinion on the game. Why did you get all sensitive and defensive?
>>
File: Cattura.png (254 KB, 419x230) Image search: [Google]
Cattura.png
254 KB, 419x230
White Dwarf 102:
"The eternal quest for ur-gold begins"
>>
>>44404002
I may try a game at one point, but no, I want to stick to my regiments.
>>
>>44404371
Astropath?
>>
>>44392161
wheres this pic from? Never seen it before. GW publication?
>>
>>44346536

I wouldn't waste my time, I'd just play something that already has more tactical complexity.

Like Tiddlywinks or something.
>>
>>44404286
Pic related.

>>44404313
>So just like Fantasy

Shit man, have you never played a game of Fantasy in your life? In Fantasy where exactly your models are placed is massively important. You need to take into account flanks, rear arcs, charge ranges, support from other units and disrupting ranks. AoS has none of that. You literally just walk forward, there's no point in tactical movement when it has no effect.
>>
File: Clanrat%20warrior.jpg (17 KB, 325x267) Image search: [Google]
Clanrat%20warrior.jpg
17 KB, 325x267
>>44404456
Old artwork. I'm a massive skavefag, I have a lot of this.
>>
>>44404314
>>44404314
>Why did you get all sensitive and defensive?
>all I wanna say is, dakka become more AoS friendly

You missed my word intentionally.

>>44404642
>AoS has none of that.
Place unit close enough for possible "counter-charge"(extra unit to fight with in 3" or harass opponent pile in), chagre emeny deathstar with disposal cavalry, buy time for your own deathstar, retreat when the time is right. AoS don't have rank, flank, rear, but positioning, manoeuvre, "tactical movement" still out there, if you love regiment block, AoS have none.
>>
>>44404168
Let me guess, you played a pitched battle and you play HE.
>>
>>44404642

So essentially the only difference is from where you hit someone. You still calculate odds, you still have to take your opponent's plans into account, you're still rolling dice until someone wins.

This is what I meant by being similar to Fantasy, because AoS is in a lot of respects. I'm attempting to quash this idea that you really did so much more in Fantasy than move your toys around and roll dice.
>>
>>44404748
>AoS has no regiment block

I find it funny the game where Actual MODEL placement is so fucking important is being downplayed by autists because they can't think in blocks.

It's hilarious.
>>
>>44404780
Hell, as a Dwarf player, I literally need to think more now in AoS than I ever did in ANY edition of Fantasy.

>Do I have my runepriests in position to apply buffs, and if so, what buff is best?
>Did I make the shape of my Warriors/Ironbreakers good enough to cover the front while not growing thin from losses?
>Have I planned in case a double turn shows up?
>Do I use my cannon to hit units or a monster?
>Is it worth firing another round at a wounded monster?
>What target should my slayers go for

Composed to Warhammer fantasy

>Did I protect my flanks? Oh of course I did.
>Did I use my cannon to oneshot the monster? Yes
>Did I remember to never use slayers ever? Yes
>>
>>44404785

I can see how unit positioning and maneuver are important in Fantasy, but that doesn't take away that a lot of the same shit you did in Fantasy you also do in AoS. It's not a case of Fantasy being a game for military masterminds and AoS being a kid's game, it's a case of them being relatively the same shit with emphasis placed in different places.

The keyword mechanic on the surface seems to make an army function much better as a whole than it did in Fantasy where you were just looking for the right unit to perform a certain role.
>>
>>44404841
Oh, I think you misunderstand me.

AoS is heavily model placement required because unlike Fantasy where everything is binary, you can seriously either fuck up or score big by correct model placement.

Best example is Goblin or clanrat blocks or Giant rats. These are some of the most devastating units in the game if they can get their numbers into an advantage.
>>
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/black-library-review-sands-blood.html
>"This old monastery, which in itself provides more of a real world connection, is home to a group of monastic vampires who seek only solitude."
>"Not only are they monks, but they provide shelter and supplies willingly, and have an ancient pact with the mortals of the desert. Back during the Age of Chaos they fought to protect the mortals, and succeeded. Now that they are in hiding the mortals repay them with an annual tithe."

I really like this kinda of worldbuilding.
>>
>>44404801
>am I oversimplifying for the sake of my biased preference? Of course I am
>>
>>44405136

To be fair it's common knowledge that Dwarf armies were pretty much absent from the magic phase unless they took Thorek Ironbrow or an Anvil of Doom.
>>
>>44405027
From what we've seen so far, vampires are pretty badass
The Sacrifice short story was pretty cool in setting up a badass vampire too
>>
>>44405394
Yeah but now they aren't irredeemably evil.
>>
>>44404801
>>Did I remember to never use slayers ever? Yes
To be fair, as far as roadblock units go, they were one of the best against armies with shitty shooting since there was no safe and easy way to clear them out, since even the best units couldn't just mulch through them in a turn without regretting it.
>>
>>44405136
And how is that any different from >>44404168?
>>
>>44345230

I just started working on my bastiladon.

First seraphon model.

I think it will go nicely with my stormcast army.

Havent decided on a paint scheme, might go partially metallic.
also, I think I gonna build it with the ark of sotek, cause it looks awesome, but i'm want to see if I can magnetize and maybe have it set up to be able to physically switch between the ark and the solar engine.
>luckily the GW where I play is super chill and will let you declare what version of your model you are playing at the beginning of a game, so you can build it however you want.
>>
>>44404801
>>Did I remember to never use slayers ever? Yes

a certain dorf GT best general used two units of slayers actually. you were just bad at whfb and are enjoying that you can win 'games' in something that is not even a game despite being terrible at wargaming
>>
>>44404785

exactly, just think of the inverted T formation. all who can't comprehend things like that in wargames is a literal autist
>>
>>44404748
>>44404777
>>44404780
>>44404785

Goddamn, AoSfags are ridiculously easy to troll. The amount of butthurt you show when you defend your game is insane. It's like deep down you know it's a terrible game, but you're desperately trying to justify it to yourselves. At least the Fantasyfags admitted to their game's shortcomings.

I look forward to the day GW drops AoS like a specialist game and this bullshit stops on /tg/.
>>
File: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg (2 MB, 2700x2048) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
2 MB, 2700x2048
No WHFB or /wip/ thread for me to post this.
Thoughts? I'm leaning towards the left one but I'd like to hear opinions.
>>
>>44406235
Sounds cool, good luck man.

>>44406379
I like the right more, desu.
>>
>>44406379
right side.
>>
>>44406445
Was there a filter added recently, because I didn't type d e s u, I typed t b h.

Let's try this: desu senpai desu
>>
>>44406671
Yep. One of those weird filter thingies. On the last line I typed: t b h f a m d e s u
>>
>>44406671
>>44406684
Please stop avoiding the word filter. Moot 2.0 put there for a reason.
>>
>>44406801
To me, t b h is not as bad as d e s u, which it seems to want to replace it with
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.