[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the edgiest? Archaon or Abaddon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: BBEGS.png (4 MB, 2752x1020) Image search: [Google]
BBEGS.png
4 MB, 2752x1020
Who is the edgiest? Archaon or Abaddon?
>>
well i would not call Abaddon edgie
>>
>>44338186
>The denizens of the Eye have learned over the millennia that those who swear an oath of fealty to the Despoiler would do well not to break it. When the World Eaters that had promised their aid to Abaddon left his armies to join the fighting upon Skalathrax, the Warmaster abandoned his plans, tracked the Berzerkers down and severed their limbs before cauterising their wounds with a flamer, leaving them as little more than screaming stumps unworthy of a place at the Blood God’s table. When the Emperor’s Children that had joined the Black Legion turned upon their masters at Faeruthia he blinded and deafened them to a man, tearing out their tongues and sealing them in inert gel-skin so their sensory deprivation was complete. Upon the crystal planet of Liolonac the Sorcerers of the Thousand Sons denied Abaddon the audience they had promised him, having found a relic of unsurpassed value. The Warmaster visited a mutagenic plague upon them that twisted them into bulging repulsive mounds of flesh before lobotomising them and hunting them until death with a pack of warped hounds.

>Abaddon’s vengeance is not limited to his brother Traitors. When a wilderness shrine upon Plutol refused to bow to his authority, Abaddon killed every other human upon the planet before personally visiting the shrine and forcing the priests to eat the bodies of those they had once prayed for. Such is the magnitude and thoroughness of each act of revenge that even Daemons fear to cross Abaddon. In his singleminded quest to bring the galaxy to heel he earned a new name; the Despoiler, he who would stop at nothing to secure revenge.

He does have sharp surfaces.
>>
>>44338212
In a realm as violent as Chaos, you do kinda need to get your hands dirty with people that renege on their promises to help.
>>
>>44338212
look he did all this because he fucking wanted to.
not for his daddy or some shit.
no half daemon half sister love chiled shit.
cuz he be a balla
>>
>c.811.M37 - The Ghost War

>During the long years of the Seventh Black Crusade, the full might of the Blood Angels Chapter falls upon a vast Black Legion warband on the world of Mackan. Although the conflict ultimately ends in the near-extinction of the Blood Angels at the hands of Abaddon the Despoiler and his primary lieutenants – the sorcerer-lord Iskandar Khayon and the swordmaster Telemachon Lyras – the Blood Angels Reclusiarch Thalastian Jorus becomes one of the few Imperial heroes to ever land a blow against the Warmaster of Chaos.

>With his Chapter devastated, the Chaplain endures weeks of hardship in the wilderness and the constant trials of keeping his crazed warriors undetected on Mackan. When the time is right, Jorus leads his Death Company in a lightning raid behind enemy lines, butchering the unprepared sworn warriors of the Despoiler’s honour guard, and allowing the Reclusiarch to lock blades with Abaddon himself. It is said the Warmaster still bears the scars of that battle, even three millennia later.

>Whatever the truth of the matter, it is known that the Despoiler honoured Jorus once the war was over – perhaps in mockery, or perhaps with nothing but sincerity. After Mackan, hundreds of Blood Angels corpses were desecrated, their gene-seed ruined beyond recovery. Of all the Chapter, only a handful of bodies were left undefiled: Reclusiarch Jorus and his Death Company, clad in their battered and broken black ceramite, seated in makeshift thrones made from the armour of those Black Legion warriors they had killed on that fateful night.

Was it respect for the fallen hero or was it just mockery, /tg/?
>>
>>44338401

I don't know, I'll get back to you when I understand fucking Spuce Muhreens and Necrons bro'ing it up.
>>
>>44338118
Archaon can back his edge up so it's Abbadon who is the edgiest
>>
File: nathan and dylan.jpg (102 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
nathan and dylan.jpg
102 KB, 1280x960
>>44338401
it was metal as fuck
>>
>>44338401

Don't see how that could even be mockery. It would be like some kind of ironic hipster shit.
>>
>>44338692
>ironic hipster shit.
>Abaddon

I could see it.
>>
>>44338401
I mean I'm guessing the Chaos Legions need to replenish their armor from their dead like the loyal chapters do.

That seems respectful to me. That'd be some weird fucking mockery if it was.
>>
There's that word, again.
>>
Abaddon easily. Never doubt the edge of 40k characters from 3rd edition onwards.
>>
Abaddon is, or was quite unhinged, and focused on more traditional conquest. Yeah, planet killer was kind of crazy, but science fiction space fleet games need one planet-buster. Pretty standard stuff.

I'm not sure what all the retcons have done for Archaon, but he's apparently a half-daemon atheist who blows up galaxies now?
>>
>>44338770
He won warhammer
>>
>>44338830
so he is a half-daemon atheist who blows up galaxies?
>>
>>44338770
Archoen is now a demigod of Chaos who invades and conquers worlds and universes not for the glory of Chaos but for himself.

He has fought against and for the Chaos Gods. He is as much their enemy as he is their ally.

Archoen doesn't worship the Chaos Gods. He makes a point of having his mortal and daemon servants renounce their allegiances to the gods and then make them bind themselves only to his will. The servants of Slaanesh have begun worshipping instead of missing Slaanesh because of his monsterous ego.
>>
>>44338874
So, Archaon is the true child of chaos? By that description I would dare say that Archaon would totally kick Abaddon's ass.
>>
>>44338874
Right, so to answer OP's question, Archaon is the edgier of the two.

Because becoming a demigod that conquers universes is top of the list on every deviantart OC's profile.
>>
>>44339069
Successful people are not edge.
>>
>>44338990
Basically, he won the game of Chaos and made himself the hub of its wheel.

Instead of being its slave, Archoen has become the Master of Chaos.
>>
>>44338990
Archaon is what Abbadon wants to become.
>>
File: ArchaonEverchosen01.jpg (42 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
ArchaonEverchosen01.jpg
42 KB, 600x620
>>44338118
I'll vote for Archaon, but only until Abaddon gets his own monster mount of the gods.
>>
>>44338118
Would think Abby. He's a theorized clone of his daddy primarch and he had to kill the clones Fabius made.
Not to mention he hates his family.
>>
>>44342132
Wouldn't you hate your family if their last name was some kind of biblical Daemon and they decided to name you Ezekyle?
Well Archaon isn't that much better off with his original mangled faux German name.
>>
Who cares, they're both shit.
>>
>>44338563
Both the BA and the Necrons knew they couldn't defeat each other AND the Tyranids, so they thought better to ally temporarily with the side that actually could parlay.
>>
>>44342131
what an ugly model
>>
>>44342203
In the Bible, Abbadon is the Angel of the Bottomless Pit, the guy who unleashes a plague of locust beasts that inflict unimaginable torture on the servants of the Beast, and the guy who seals Satan up with chains and casts him into the fiery pit.

Abbadon is Michael's more metal cousin. Michael may kick Satan out of Hell, but Abbadon imprisoned it and fucked up his followers.
>>
>>44339081

Hello Coldsteel.
>>
archaon was some pseudo nihilist faggot who wanted everything to end because his faith got shattered
abadabadoodle is just doing what he was made to do, which is fucking conquer shit
>>
File: archaon_lord_mounted_character1.jpg (100 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
archaon_lord_mounted_character1.jpg
100 KB, 800x509
>>44338118
>>44342131
Oh Archaon, what happened to you, man? Where's the dark avenger of Chaos people voted as the best GW model?
>>
>>44342446
Agreed, this model looks a lot more... badass? The Chimera model looks too WoW and OTT
>>
Archaon is by the most edgy, hands down.
>>
>>About them, dread serenity swept through the carnage, bringing the Battle Eternal to a halt never witnessed before. Foes lowered their weapons. Banners drifted to the bloody ground. The din of battle died.

>‘I was one of you,’ Archaon called across the frozen silence, his voice carried on the shearing wind. ‘A puppet in a sick show– like this. Dancing for my dark masters. I dance no more. And neither should you. The gifts of the gods are no such thing. Let us not seek reward. Let us not ask for power. Let us not wait on that which is given. Let us take what is ours. Darkness is ours. Ruin is ours. The world turns beneath our feet for the taking. Real power resides not with gods or any following but with those who take it from them. I am Archaon, doom to my enemies, doom to all the world, doom to the gods invested in that world. Come with me. Why earn the treasures of Chaos when you can steal them? Why kill for Ruinous patrons when you can kill for yourself? Why sell your souls so cheaply, when you can make the worlds of gods and men pay for your miseries?

>‘I might be Chosen of the Dark Gods– but I did not choose them. I will be Everchosen of Chaos, whether the dread Powers and their daemons wish it for me or not. The legions of hell will be ours to command and we shall use them to demonstrate true power. The power to choose. To be or not to. To drag the sick perversity of this daemon-haunted existence kicking and screaming into a time of Ending. To end the world, the gods that torment it and ourselves. That is real power and I ask you to seize it with me. With he who is one of you: lost, damned even, but a slave to darkness no more. With Archaon…’

>The infernal fires of the collapsed gate blazed, like flames upon which gunpowder had been dashed. The balelight of the beyond burned ferociously at Archaon’s god-thwarting words. Archaon couldn’t tell whether the brilliance raged in warning or celebration of his wondrous achievement.
>>
>>44345423
>‘Archaon!’ a voice boomed across the killing fields. A skull-axe thrust up at the sky, above the heads of countless warriors. It was Ograx the Great, the half-breed prince who was beast no more. The former bestial champion of the Blood God, whose army of manfiends had smashed through the havoc of the Battle Eternal, collecting before its example an ever growing vanguard of Chaos warriors. He knew precious few words in his master’s tongue but he knew the glory of his name. With his chest heaving, Ograx roared the warlord’s name to the storm-crashing heavens.

>‘Archaon, Archaon… Archaon!’ the daemonbreed chanted.

>‘Archaon!’
>‘Archaon!’
>‘Archaon!’

>Once more the battlefield rang with the thunder of his name, uttered like a dark oath from thousands of doom-lifted hearts. Warriors of Chaos, fighting for every Ruinous Power and daemonic master, united as one dark, apocalyptic force behind the dread syllables of his name.

>‘ARCHAON!’
>‘ARCHAON!’

>The warlord turned his daemon steed about to soak up the power and possibility of his intoxicating achievement. The ground trembled. The fires of hell roared forth from the gate of oblivion. Thunder tore through the sky and lightning shattered the gloom.

>‘ARCHAON!’

>He held up his battle axe, the steel blade of the Ruinous Star rising. He lifted it above the chanting thousands. The dark star of a Chaos undivided. United. As one. The chanting echoed to nothing on the chill air.

>‘Let us be the storm that rolls south!’ Archaon bellowed back at them, levelling his battle axe towards a world awaiting its end. It was all the monstrous horde needed to hear.

After this glorious speech any mortal Chaosfag/WoC should fall in love with Archaon. He is making Chaos what it's suppose to be. Rather than servitude to the Chaos Gods, he making it a path of self improvement and self discovery. A path towards true freedom and power earned through blood and steel.
>>
>>44338118
About the same edginess levels, but Archaon is at least competant.
>>
File: Archaon (closeup).png (1 MB, 640x732) Image search: [Google]
Archaon (closeup).png
1 MB, 640x732
>>44345734
>The battle was turning. The Stormcasts were fearless and powerful but while they were undoubtedly the living weapons of a god, their god was not with them. Archaon, the Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse and demigod of Chaos, fought side by side with his dread armies. Every damned wretch on that beach simultaneously adored and loathed the Everchosen. He led by example, inspiring his slaves to darkness with monstrous acts of destruction, and through the heart-stopping incentive of fear. Battle-hardened champions, lords of Chaos and abominable daemons dared not fail him and, if asked to, would walk into certain death for Archaon.

-----------------------

>There was polished plate everywhere. Weapons clashing. Blades thrusting for the kill. Hammers decapitating Chaos invaders. Tzeentchian knights fought side by side with bloated blightkings. Bloodreaver savages died in their droves amongst Slaaneshi spawn thrashing their lives away to defend them. Love and fear of the Everchosen in equal measure pushed the warhorde on to feats of suicidal valour. No-one wanted to be left alive, should the invasion of Cape Desolation be a failure. Not at the mercy of the Everchosen’s boundless wrath.

Archaon is love.
>>
>>44338118
I see Nurgle and Khorne in Archaon's picture. Where is Slaanesh and Tzeentch?

Anyone notice that he has a galaxy for a belly?
>>
>>44338118
Can we stop using edgy as an insult toward anything and everything? I get it, edgy is the popular derogatory adjective on /tg/ right now. But its lost all potency due to it being constantly spammed. Now it just identifies the user/poster as a retard. So, its ok to stop now.
>>
File: The Dark Master.png (1 MB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Master.png
1 MB, 600x800
My boys!

I am so proud (BURNING WITH UNSPEAKABLE JEALOUSLY) of what you have become.

As your father I hope you understand that (YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT ME. I MADE YOU!) I love.
>>
File: gw_warhammer40k_072.jpg (296 KB, 1037x1440) Image search: [Google]
gw_warhammer40k_072.jpg
296 KB, 1037x1440
>>44346155
I imagine OP would have a similar reaction if someone else called either of those two edgy in another thread. Probably has before. It wouldn't be the first time he's scolded others for memeing then done it himself.
>>
>>44346155
"Edgy" is actually a plenty relevant term in this context. Its a good dividing line between chaos dudes that are simply out to conquer and destroy and nonsense like the Daemonculaba.
>>
>>44346405
This guy is the skubbiest Chaos character of all time.
>>
File: Archaon vs Swigmar.png (3 MB, 1333x1262) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Swigmar.png
3 MB, 1333x1262
>>44346487
Honestly? I wouldn't because edgy no longer has a meaning and I wouldn't personally care. In fact, my personal definition for the word edgy is EXTREME or over-the-top, two things the Ascendant/Evechosen of Chaos should be. I actually wanted to ask the question of who was the the most ANIMMMEEE of the two but I realized that it would be unfair to Abaddon since Archaon is 100% pure unfiltered ANIIIMMEEE!

The only thing that might grind my gear is questioning the awesomeness of these both characters. I guess you don't know me ever well or/and your imagination is lacking.
>>
File: 1450220183225.jpg (238 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450220183225.jpg
238 KB, 600x450
They're both shit, but at least Abby isn't AoS levels of shit, so he got that going for him, which is nice
>>
>>44338401
For me is that Abaddon actually does have some honor and respect if you manage to show him your guts and manage to graze him.
>>
>>44338401
he did show respect for many SM
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.