[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Share your worlds! Be it DnD or not, I'd love to see some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 19
File: DnDOG.jpg (98 KB, 600x710) Image search: [Google]
DnDOG.jpg
98 KB, 600x710
Share your worlds! Be it DnD or not, I'd love to see some of your personally created worlds. I'll also go ahead and dump my own, even if it isn't quite amazing, to get things started. Please only use constructive criticism on one another's ideas and let's help each other perfect our different worlds.

Ok here is my own, I use this for DnD and a game of my own creation I call Steel and Silver (but it is more of a narrative game):

there are a few worlds all connected through the plane known as Rivlun, or the City of Doors. A powerful being known as Freana and a race known as Lachs protect this place. It has countless doors leading to all different worlds and realities, but not even the gods can open more than a few of them.

Asteris:

Asteris is where the majority of my games take place, it is the main world and the central hub. The world is larger than earth and houses 8 continents. Weather does not correspond directly with our own world. Instead, all 8 continents are held in a biome that keeps their weather isolated. Nymphs keep these biomes in order. Asteris is the focus of the Celestial Planes, the Abyss, the Fey, and the Shadowfell as well.

Zastius: When Asteris was complete the war between the Primordials and Gods began to wage, but Zastius sat as the unfinished side project. Only until recently, disheartened by the events of Asteris, did some Gods decide to finish Zastius, some even totally abandoning Asteris to do so. Zastius is my prehistoric setting. Players are essentially cavemen and they come across prehistoric enemies. Dinosaurs are much stronger here, and prehistoric orcs and lizardmen are among the dangers. This world is much harder than Asteris considering anything metal doesn't exist and players do not have anything more than the simplest weapons or armor, while some creatures naturally have both.
>>
>>44338088
cont

Larkantum - Larkantum is my steampunk setting. Less monsters, more tech. Sprawling nations and cities cover the land, always at war. It's sort of a 1984 feel to it, very fun. However, it is no more difficult than Asteris for players.

Sauru: A living world. the planet itself acts as its own god, creating and destroying at will. He does like to give free will to his creatures and so will sometimes, though VERY rare, grab adventurers from other realms through rifts and employ them to save his favored species.

Fasalvania: My horror setting. WAY more monsters here and they are MUCH stronger while PCs are much weaker. This is definitely the hardest of my worlds, One monster can fuel an entire quest.
>>
Asteris detailed:

Continent overview:

Asteris is divided into 8 continents, a massive interconnecting Underdark, and a deep ocean. Many rifts open up to many other planes, though almost never to Larkantum, Zastius, or Fasalvania. the continents are:

Dalvus: the classic fantasy setting, Dalvus is massive and divided into four sections by a T shaped mountain range and a dense and very dangerous forest. To the northwest is Arowan, based on England, The northwest is Havrick, based on England/Scotland. The southwest is Edalga, based on Spain. The southeast is Torevelli, based on Italy.

Mestarshan Plains: The Mestarshan Plains replace sprawling forests with rolling grasslands. The north is Charlegnon, based on France, and the south is Brecht, based on Germany.

The Crowning Peaks: The topside is mostly uninhabitable mountains, but the Dragonborn come from here. They make their home on the surface, based on Russia. Underground the Dwarves make their home, based on Scandanavia.

Droughtlands: My middle east, almost the entire continent is ruled by a single Sultan.

Arctic Dales: My Greenland/Antarctica. Not many humans live here.

Nezzurah: My amazon. Mostly wild jungle, very little civilization.

Far East Marches: My asia. the northwest is Zhangju, based on Mongolia and China. The northeast is Pyokkye, based on Korea. The eastern islands are Honshu, based on Japan. the southwest is Shilao, based on Siam (mostly Thailand). The southwest is Jiangxi, based on China.

Trius: My India, smallest continent but the entire thing is India.
>>
Dalvus detailed: Major locations, but certainly not all of them:

Detavion - One of the most powerful of the Eight Cities that rule over what they can of Dalvus and make up the Dalvan Free Trade Committee. Detavion is a very fair and just city-state that defends most of the northwestern portion of the continent. Symbol: A lion on a solid green flag

Kal' Bezoah - The last standing Dwarven city in Dalvus. Kal' Bezoah has only loose ties with those on the topside world, opening their doors to trade but remaining stiff on their traditions and values of the underdark. They stand vigilant of the terrors of the Dead Trenches. Symbol: Dwarven character for honor on a gold flag

Silonius - Matches Detavion's power but lacks its justice. Silonius is a wicked city that rules over the farthest portion of the southwest. Silonius is constantly scheming for power, and it's rulers are constantly plotting to overthrow one another. When they do unite, however, they are a force to be reckoned with. Symbol: A silver serpent set over a black flag

Avalon - A city which grew from the destruction the Spread of Silver made in its wake. They stand vigilant against the ever-present threat from Silonius and despise the city which caused their descendants so much pain. Symbol: A ram's head on a dark blue flag

Qalloph - Qalloph tends to keep to itself but in times of great injustice you can expect to see Qalloph appear on the side of good. The city has a very healthy relationship with Detavion and Avalon, and serves alongside Zola in defending against and exploring the Darkenedwood Forest beyond the Divide. Symbol: A raven on an orange (top) and brown (bottom) flag
>>
>>44338279
cont
Coesca - Though less powerful than Detavion and Silonius, Coesca continues to grow and has been called the Jewel of the East. Coesca has become a center for science and technology, but despite its focus on pursuing knowledge they remember to remain ever vigilant against the creatures of the Ironbark Forest, as well as their neighbors in Pavella. Symbol: A griffon across a purple (left) and black (right) flag

Pavella - Pavella formerly ruled Coesca, and still harbor a deep grudge stemming from the loss of the city during the Bear's March. Pavella seeks to restore itself to its former glory. However, the Ironbark Forest and Coesca keep them at bay. Still, if Pavella could unite or find a way to overcome aggressions on one side, they could easily have their former glory fall within reach. Symbol: A brown bear on a red flag

Zola - A peaceful city that's music and art is the envy of the world. Zola's main martial concern is defending the rest of Dalvus, and itself, from the creatures that dwell past the Divide. Despite it's very bright and colorful surface, this fact is not forgotten and it remains watchful of its southern neighbor.Symbol: An eagle on a green and red flag
Other Settlements

Lorezal - An elven village built after the destruction of Parozol to keep the elven tribe on Capolus Island.

Dragondale - A large town named in reference of the mighty dragon that was slain where the town now stands. It has a close relationship with Detavion and their troops can often be found intertwined.

Pelican's Watch - A small fishing village built after the Bloodscale Invasion.

Gallacha - An old farming village that survives despite the dangers of the two forests that surround it.

Apha - A bustling town on the shores of Lake Pescachel which has grown significantly since the Bloodscale Invasion.

Ravendale - A survivor of the Bloodscale Invasion and the location of its final major battle.
>>
>>44338292
cont

Moonshire - An Elven village housing extremely skilled elven warriors that was born after the destruction of Navah and has stood since.

Bhellok's Retreat - During the fall of Kal' Mettok most thought the countless innocent dwarves stuck in the Silver District would be slaughtered. However, a mighty ruler led the innocents, alongside a skilled guard captain and a handful of soldiers, topside and a town was born where the dwarves settled. Though the king, King Bhellok the Great, returned to Kal' Mettok for the final battle, where he was killed, he left the captain in charge of the city and it has since become stable and fruitful. Little ties have been kept with the topside dwarves that refused to relocate to Kal' Bezoah and the citizens of the underdark city itslf.

Riversole - A town comprised of mainly refugees from the Bear's March and Bloodscale Invasion and their descendants. It has grown rather large in size since it's conception.

Mourning Peak - A settlement built after the destruction of Clearwater during the Bear's March by a handful of refugees that managed to escape the slaughter.

Vigil - A small village that is frequently populated with a large detachment of troops to defend against and watch for the threats of the Ironbark Forest.

Oakenwald - A town whose population still hasn't totally recovered from the Bear's March. They have never forgiven Pavella and often their leaders travel to Coesca to ask the city to invade the Bear and crush it once and for all, though to no avail.

Carverton -A rest stop turned village

Landhaven - Formerly ruled by Silonius it is now a small but thriving merchant village.

Greenmeadow - A large village of mostly elves built with the aide of Qalloph.

Silver's Reach - A town renamed during the Spread of Silver and, though now free, is still under significant Silonian influence.

Fogvale - A growing village still barely under the heel of Silonius
>>
>>44338317
cont

Sontavilla - A healthy growing settlement and heart of trade between the northeast and southeast.

Gorenca - A village used as a rest stop for those passing the Agaracacia Mountains.

Nosurro - the closest village to the divide and occasionally the site of attacks from monsters that manage to cross it.
Castles and Keeps

Defender's Keep - Built after the destruction of Stomont's Keep, it serves as a reminder of the Bloodscale Invasion

Ironbark Keep ¬- Built after the Bloodscale Invasion, this keep has held strong against many orcish and troll attacks since. It defends the northwest from another major invasion from the Ironbark.

Lakeland Keep - Built by Pravella to hold against the threats from the Ironbark it has since seen fierce battles, but has always managed to hold.

Freeman's Keep - Built by Coesca after they freed themselves from Pavella. It stands watching over their neighbors, making sure their troops never march too close.

Hallower Castle - Built after the incident at Mason's Keep as a replacement for the strategic positioning lost after the event.

Starkhaven Castle - Built by Silonius long ago, it is dedicated to the family that has led the city for generations.

Castle Nightcliffe - Built by Zola to watch over the city from threats approaching from the Agarcacia Mountains

Fool's Crossing - Built over the only passable land across the Divide, it holds strong against the fury of the Darkenedwood. It allows adventurers to cross, but not without warning.
>>
>>44338328
For the rest of the locations you can always look here: http://pastebin.com/KiXhV4iN
>>
>>44338341
still continuing

for my real world comparisons of creatures: http://pastebin.com/8pvuRGvZ

for my multiple pantheons and gods: http://pastebin.com/888yf3je

for my KNOWN and DOCUMENTED history of the world (A lot went on behind the scenes or was forgotten about): http://pastebin.com/iqi2iP2S

For various major organizations: http://pastebin.com/5TPxbnN8

For details about other realms: http://pastebin.com/nggT7Q1x

Sorry I decided to go lazy, but i realized how long a post dump would take me.
>>
>>44338362
Now I haven't really created a well documented account of Larkantum, though I want to. It's my fledgling world and is brand new to me. Zastius is undocumentable. As for Sauru and Fasalvania... I need to find them heh
>>
anyone else want to share any worlds?
>>
I'll keep playing in my own thread until someone decides to join me.

My world is mostly mid-magic with rare magic items. But magic is extremely frowned upon by the populace of Asteris. In Larkantum magic is openly expressed and even a source of power for the tech.
>>
Yay you added shifters.gg 10/10 world
>>
>>44338462
lol I like shifters. Mine are pretty outcastish however, and they don't really have a big impact on history. But I really wanted a gypsie race and I really liked these guys
>>
>>44338524
Its a good idea. It fits perfectly the gypsie style
>>
>>44338545
I once did a fun little one-of with them. The PCs had to find them to break a curse, but the shifters are kind of like a gang in the way they operate and they expect repayment. If things started to go south the shifters would just up and leave, being gypsies.
>>
File: wanderers.png (568 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
wanderers.png
568 KB, 900x800
A early WIP setting for a tabletop rpg and video game titled Milk & Honey.

A few things I've nailed down so far in the history of the setting I'm willing to share at the moment are as follows:

please excuse the scattered quality of my ramblings

The setting takes place in a plane of sentient candy and sweets known as (WORKING TITLE HERE THAT NEEDS TO BE PERFECT BEFORE I CAN FINALIZE IT) among various other food-based planes in a pocket of space known as the great Cosmic Banquet (or something) created eons ago by a gluttonous god, whose name is not of much importance, as a way to sample many hedonistic human pleasures mostly consisting of food various human vices. Eventually, the founding god fucks off and another stumbles upon it, granting life to the banquet in its image. That god fucks off too. Civilization grows and flourishes in the candy realm, but every so often they may awake to realize that their reality has quite literally changed overnight, suiting the palate of whatever other god has stumbled upon the realm and shifted things to their own tastes. For example, candy corn and black licorice races may vanish only to return several "eras" later with little to no memory of what had become of their civilization when culled and facing the harsh realities of being absent for an indefinite amount of time while history still passes without them.
A good percentage of the known world is a utopian society kept in check and running by several key figures exempt from being fed upon by the current feeding god, their legacy far too important to keeping the majority of the population placid and healthy/desirable enough for consumption.

(cont.)
>>
>>44338598
oooo I really like this idea so far.
>>
>>44338598
also is that your own art?
>>
File: fr2.png (135 KB, 540x742) Image search: [Google]
fr2.png
135 KB, 540x742
>>44338598
(cont.)

Cannibalism is commonplace and not necessarily frowned upon due to the fact that all living things are made up of the same resources you'd find in nature and the "divine spark" in each living candy finding its way back to a sugary pool of consciousness for its next reincarnation, ableit with the possibility of not having its prior memories or consciousness without extensive training in its previous life. For example, say there's an old lollipop sage getting on in age and becoming quite stale. He goes out into the wilderness, plucks a fine lollipop bush from the ground and takes it to his home. He then begins to chisel and carve facial features into it as well as any other traits it believes it may find desirable. He then transfers his consciousness over to the new vessel to the best of his ability, others being more skilled and the process than others and less likely to lose any memories during. Basically it's a lot like reincarnating into a jack-lantern; you'd want to make sure you create every part you need. Or else.

As the actual denizens of the candy plane rarely eat for nourishment, most of the world remains an agrarian society, but for the point of say high fashion rather than consumption. An average farmer is usually rather skilled in the arts as well and creates "designer" vessels for beings less skilled in the craftmanship themselves, most of the time including a steady process of transferring the consciousness as well.
There's much much more to explain, but it's all very scattered and I could hardly piece any of this together to share it here in the first place. I really need to better organize my thoughts.

please be extremely critical and/or ask questions. it helps so much. again, very early stages.

>>44338690
i am not the artist, but it is art for the setting itself yes
>>
>>44338088
Please expand more on the cavemen, please. I'm a sucker for that kind of savagery and discovery.
>>
>>44338598
>>44338742
future artistic influence and architectural design will be inspired by such things as "The Garden of Earthly Delights" and the works of Alejandro Jodorowsky
>>
>>44338766
sure. Basically, players will roll as cavepeople, but note that only a few playable races are cavepeople in this world (Humans, elves, Halflings. No dwarves or anything else). Magic is entirely scarce, almost non-existent. If it ever comes up, it is toward end game.

Players can only use simple weapons like clubs, bones, stones, stone tipped spears, etc. Armor can only be made from whatever you kill/find. If you tear the hide of a thick skinned giant lizard off, its yours.

Players must spend much time hunting and gathering and no encounter is particularly easy. Large-scale encounters don't really exist here, as they'd kill the players too fast. Instead one to three monster encounters are the largest. A single giant spider can make a significant encounter.

Most quests are simply revolving around surviving, as there isn't really much to gain in form of money or payment.

Players must also make Advancements as they play. This means that players must do things like discover fire, invent the wheel, etc. As information travels EXTREMELY slow, rarely do these advancements show themselves to the world. So if players finish one game and roll in a land far from the first, they must make these Advancements again.

There's a system in use that is sort of like the Madness/Fatigue system that will take things like hunger, health, warmth, etc into account. Players biggest enemies are often things they cannot directly fight.

Since it is prehistoric, players have no knowledge about what plants are healthy or not, where locations are, and no concept of direction. Language is at a minimum, it is difficult for NPCs to convey messages to the players.

anything else youre interested in about that?
>>
>>44338742
hmm, can I ask where the players would come into this? Do the candy people have societies like kingdoms? Is there war?
>>
>>44338598
>>44338742
This is such a unique setting I really like it. How diverse is the society? Are there cities?
>>
File: ucm277153.jpg (77 KB, 350x430) Image search: [Google]
ucm277153.jpg
77 KB, 350x430
>>44338883
>>44338884
Politics, kingdoms, wars, vying for the alliance of candy races that spring up overnight with a new era. You can imagine the possibilities of suddenly waking up to a legion of gumballs confused, yet ready to serve whoever is most willing to help introduce them to how civilization has progressed without them in their absence. The most populous Houses being those of the five basic tastes of: sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami, with castes within a certain race's hierarchy branching that further. Chocolates being milk, dark and white for example. Marshmallows by size. Licorice by red and black. Lollipops by their flavoring, shape and core. There's a lot I could ramble on about, but none are as fleshed out as the jelly beans are really. Jelly beans come in every flavor known to candy-kind and then some, drawing upon unknown tastes and flavors from universes and worlds unknown. The least discriminatory race due to hardly being able to tell their own jelly bean brethren apart in appearance and taste. They are the most open about their cannibalistic practices, choosing to do so in the hopes that by consuming every flavor in existence; one of them may one day achieve a higher state of enlightenment and succeed as the next feeding god for an era. Many are conditioned at a young age by various powers, even those of other races who are usually skeptical of such beliefs, in the hopes that the world will be modeled to better suit themselves in the future.
For this edition and place in history, I'd like to keep things simple and have the pecking-order reflect modern-day tastes of our own world for now. Chocolates being on top and black licorice being on bottom obviously.
>>
>>44339075
I really like that. hmm. are you looking for any help creating this world? If so I'd be more than happy to help. You can always reach me on Steam, as it's on my phone too so I get the messages. Here is my alternate account toget in contact with me if you'd like: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WhereinthefuckisWaldo

This is OP btw. I've spent a VERY long time crafting my world, so I totally understand if you'd prefer to solo and if you do work together you have complete authority over it since it's likely your baby haha
>>
File: Fantasy moon.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy moon.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
I wish I had a really short pdf document or even just an image that could sum it up but I'll keep it short.

>The planets, constellations, comets, and other deep space phenomenon are Gods
>The sun is hell; its where all the demons normally are
>Great Titans seeded intelligent life on the various planets. Humans believe them to be their creator Gods (not true; the titans actually made trolls. Trolls are the chosen people.)
>The only races are humans, kobolds (created by human wizards), monkey men, and trolls.
>Humans were monkey men changed by the volcano god; which is the god of the planet they are on
>Humans can mix with damn near anything and many have mythical bloodline. Some men have slept with moonlight and some women have straddled mountains; from these events came children that looked mostly human but sometimes have strange powers or the ability to cast spells
>Spellcasters are relatively rare and powerful
>Great Giants, degenerate spawn or larval stage of the titans (depends on who you ask) originally taught humans arcane magic through their dreams, which broadcast to sleeping people like radio waves
>Religion and culture is crazy as fuck, each nation is really different and fragmented
>The 5 moons of the planet are actually all once captured or defeated gods, they plot the volcano gods downfall in their secret moon cults with their mortal followers

And possibly some more, but I focused on the simplest and most 'global' things.
>>
>>44339125
it doesn't help i only share these things with one or two people along with /tg/ occasionally so i'd definitely love a bit of feedback from time to time if you don't mind me bugging you out of the blue. while it may be my baby, i can at least understand the importance of necessary criticism and the fact i shouldn't go at this alone

i actually like your ideas too, primordial stuff usually presents an aesthetic i could gawk at for ages
>>
File: Spellfire_4S.jpg (760 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Spellfire_4S.jpg
760 KB, 640x960
Well, I've taken my first crack at writing up a map and world for a 1st edition AD&D campaign and so far... I'm not unhappy with it. It feels like it works and that's good enough for me. So far we have...

The Three Kingdoms: An alliance between the three kingdoms of Rhius. This includes...

Yulon" Built on the vast plains to the south of the lost dwarven capital of Grom Merrev. It is the center of trade and while almost picturesque when comparing it to other cities of it's ilk, it does have a strong religious following, backed the Dwarven Grand Thegony, mostly centering Bahamut, Fharlanghn, Tor and the controversial "new god" Gurund, Dwarven god of mercy and comfort. This city is ruled by the middle brother of the Starlock family, Half Elf Jarresh Starlock.

Telbrion: The Forest kingdom to the east of Yulon. The elves as everyone knows, age quite slowly compared to most races and tend to think of time differently. This blessing has been mostly a curse recently for the elves, as they have ignored the modernized outside world and have fallen into an almost barbaric primitive state. This has changed in the last five centuries as the oldest of the Starlock, the outsider raised Elf Orius Starlock, has begun to bring the elves into a new age of enlightenment and culture. Beginning with trade and embassy with his new found brothers in Yulon and Olyesh.

And finally, Olyesh, ruled by the youngest brother of the Starlocks, Human Roland Starlock. Much like his older brother Jarresh, Roland is quite religious but errs more to the teachings of Tor. Wanting to prove himself to Jarresh (and to an extent, Orius.) he set off taking all who would fight with him to the southern lands, to crusade against the creatures of the Plane of Fire who destroyed much of what their people once had.

Cont.
>>
File: e908f-frank_frazetta_themoonmen.jpg (266 KB, 908x1200) Image search: [Google]
e908f-frank_frazetta_themoonmen.jpg
266 KB, 908x1200
>>44339623
It was shortly after the first skirmishes with the Ifrits, that Roland discovered that there were survivors still living in the lands, either eking out a living and avoiding the native Orcish raiders or working as slaves to the Ifrit. What was once a simple crusade of vengeance and glory soon became much more. Now, with the backing of the Stoneblood Crusaders, each survivor and slave rescued becomes part of the burgeoning kingdom of Olyesh.

Dwarven Cities:

Other than the dangerous nad mostly unexplored ruins of Grom M'errev,the dwarf nation has been lost, punished by the gods themselves for a crime lost to the ages. Their abandoned holds still dot the northern mountains, but the broken dwarves no longer venture there, for fear of drawing the gods attention. This has lead the dwarves to be a fractured and split people, one side wanting to forge their own destiny and reclaim what was lost, the other grasping to religion... Hoping that their new found devotion and spirituality will bring them penance, enlightenment and comfort to their beleaguered race. The factions are known as the Old Order (Dal'Undi) and the Revisionists (Deb'Zon) The Old Order is more of an idea rather than a coherent organization, but several prominent expedition groups have popped around Rhius, like the Vengeful Guild of Masons, an Old Order group gaining popularity amongst the rebellious youth of Dwarfdom (Vengryn Throng'a Azkhar.) The Revisionists however, are a widespread dwarven church, adopting the most dwarf like human gods and customs and preaching them far and wide. They have also adopted a new (or as some would say, made up) rising god by the name of Gurund, the Dwarven God of Mercy and comfort They have many more organizations far across the land of Rhius, from the Grand Theogny of Yulon, to the Stoneblood Crusaders of the Southern kingdoms and the shady rumors of the Inquisition. Dwarves also have a strange connection to the Cyclops of old...
>>
File: 38728_1178856000.jpg (233 KB, 1000x716) Image search: [Google]
38728_1178856000.jpg
233 KB, 1000x716
>>44339691
Other areas include

The Caldera of Suffering and Golnar:

The area in which the Plane of Fire tore open a hole in reality of Rhius and decimated the lands surrounding it. What was left is a vast desert wasteland, with the Caldera in the center. Within it's ring of massive glass mountains, sits a boiling lack of most of the remaining water in the Caldera. Deeper within, a lake for fire and lava, sits the capital of Golnar in which the Ifrit sultan has made his palace. This is where the Ifrit make their deals and keep their precious stock of slaves. The area surrounding it are occupied by Clans and tribes of Orcs, being erstwhile allies to the fiery fiends. And of course, Olyesh to the North.

The Land Lost to Time:
Though not all life was lost when the plane of fire rent the delicate fabric of reality. With the intense geological and climate changes. The uninhabited lands further south of the Caldera changed into a vibrant and lush jungle just beyond the mountains raised by the cataclysm. Though not much is known by the rest of the people of Rhius, the Merrofolk of Nimue have passed on rumors and hearsay that lands are inhabited by creatures that once ruled this land. And also that a powerful and mad wizard lives among them...

cont.
>>
File: bw22.png (3 MB, 1560x948) Image search: [Google]
bw22.png
3 MB, 1560x948
>>44339847
The Moot of Telbrion:

A alliance of four cities/villages tasked by Jarreshs' father with the purpose of cultural, monetary and knowledgeable trade and embassy with the kingdom of Telbrion.

The first being Sommerhome, a jumping off point for the rest of the villages and used as a stopping point for travelers and merchants going through and back. Though first in seniority, it is considered the weakest and somewhat redundant settlements of the Moot by the rest of the settlements. this long held view has caused a long standing need in the Sommerhome family to try and claw their way to top through any means necessary or at the very least, prove themselves. This has been exacerbated by the current leader, Ralus Sommerhome an Half Elf man of titan like proportions.

Next we have Silverush, a primarily human community with a sprinkling of elvish settlers. The second settlement of the Telbrion and Yulon initiative. Has somewhat morally rotted in the years spent away from the others. The settlement serves as a haven for rogues and others of ill repute. A common practice for new settlers is after being fleeced by the veteran locals, is to pan the river for dropped or discarded coins and trinkets from Yulon. The current leader is Tira Silverrush, an elf who has since taken to the towns way of life like a fish to water. Running rackets and gambling halls with the same skill and grace as she would fill out reports and shipments to Yulon.

cont.
>>
How cliche would it be to have a world where all the buildings and cities are up on huge, sky-high stilts like the jetsons and falling would mean a sure death?

What if the world had a victorian England style theme and time frame? How boring would that be?
>>
File: Sinister_Secret_Back_grande.jpg (115 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
Sinister_Secret_Back_grande.jpg
115 KB, 600x309
>>44339974

Then, Brightspark. A Human and gnome mixed settlement, it's primary purpose being to discover and deliver new technology, minerals and ores to the slowly learning elven kingdoms and Yulon without disturbing the precious habitats of the elves. Located on the very border of the Storm steppes of the Skyfall Mountains, this town is considered extremely influential in the city of Yulon... and extremely dangerous. Also has a good standing with the Dwarves of the Old Guard and regularly fund and supplies expeditions. The current leader is Dayfydd Brightspark, ayoung but brilliant Gnome tinkerer, with dreams much larger than himself. Time will only tell if he can help shape the future of the Three Kingdoms with his grandiose ideas..

And finally Hammerhead Vale, the largest of the settlements and by far the richest. Located by the coast, Hammerhead Vale serves as the first and foremost stop in oversea trade, especially with the Merofolk of Nimue. The city itself is like a coin, on one side, bustling civilized port city with all the comforts of Yulon on a somewhat smaller scale. The other, gleans it's identity from rarely forgotten lessons of Silverrush, with powerful people making shady deals under the light of the full moon, with only the sea to witness them. The current leader is Gali Hammerhead, a dwarf from a long line of nobles connected to the Starfolk Family. Though some say this is just as front, as some merchants swear on their sunken ships that they have seen Gali working amongst the Corsair ships near the Misty Isle. Though, this obviously greatly exaggerated.
>>
File: Snap1-4.jpg (72 KB, 471x442) Image search: [Google]
Snap1-4.jpg
72 KB, 471x442
>>44340044
Finally we get to the minor lands and provinces.

To the north we have the halfing settlement of Poffinstead, living amongst the mountainous glaciers, fishing and hunting atop of specially bred Huskies. If asked why they would stay in such an inhospitable place they would shrug and reply "We Halflings have lived here for as long as we've been around, not going to let some cold weather drive us off.."

This in it's self would not be so bad, if they hadn't had to share their territory with the likes of White Dragons, Ice Giants, Feral Selkies, Remorhaz and Troglodytes.

To the South two islands battle it out for he dominance of the sea. The first being The Isle O' Hobs, where the distant (but equally inclined to raiding) cousins of the Orcs, the Hobgblins reside. Striking out on their crude longboats, the Hobgoblins set out to raid and pillage by the order of Jarl Hackrot Lutefisk. They often come to blows with the merchants and corsairs of Hammerhead Vale but their primary targets/ enemies will be the Merrofolk.

The Oriental Merrofolk of Nimue, while not warlike in nature still defend their waters from the foul Hobgoblins, in the everlasting pursuit of knowledge and Monetary gain. The Merrofolk of Neimue, prize these two things above all else, as there is no such thing as a poor Merrofolk, the amount that a family or Individual hoards and gains determines their social and political standing. Falling below an unspoken threshold resulting in execution or worse, banishment, forever remembered and mocked within the gleaming halls of Neimue.

Annnnd that's all I got so far, not including really small stuff, encounters and adventure seeds sprinkled about the place like some carelessly dropped pieces of litter. I feel pretty good about this, and the guys I'm playing with really like the set up adventure I had in Sommerhome.
>>
File: map.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2820) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2820
Eternally a work in progress, as it is every time one of these threads comes up
>>
File: HexMap.jpg (845 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
HexMap.jpg
845 KB, 1024x768
I'm constantly reworking my map and the setting, but here's my current iteration. The world itself follows a generic D&D theme fairly closely, as I'm running a game for a group that have never played traditional fantasy before.

The world is watched over by the Eight and Eight, two opposed alliances of good and evil deities. On one side:
King of the Gods Somnach (Death, Souls, Judgement), Queen Dea (Redemption, Diplomacy, Compassion), Adoch the Sage (Light, Fire, Wisdom), Galen the Knight (Storms, Bravery, Combat), Sirene the Muse (Night, the Sea, Art, Lovers), Eldin the Untamed (Nature, the Hunt, Contests), Omara the Stern (Civilisation, Endurance, Technology), Coris the Free (Crossroads, Agriculture, Travel)

And on the other, Areni (murder, ambition), Zehir (poison, secrets), Vesh (undeath), Balor (tyrants and pain), Sen (madness), Torog (imprisonment and anguish), Raziz (mayhem and destruction) and Tiamat (same old bitch).

There are numerous lesser deities, mostly racial- Corellon of the Elves, Io of the Dragonborn, Durin of the Dwarves, Gormok of the Orcs, etc. In most cases these are thought to be the First of their races, ascended to demigodhood at the world's beginning.

The campaign takes place in the heart of Human-dominated territory- the other races are far more reclusive, sticking to millenia-old borders, ancient forests and mountainous regions, but each of the human cities draws certain nonhuman races to make up a significant portion of its citizenry. This leads to some racial tensions crossing over to their host cities.
>>
>>44340223

MUH DICK.
>>
How do you guys worldbuild when your world is just one city/one single important location?
>>
File: Larvik Map.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1400) Image search: [Google]
Larvik Map.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1400
>>44340223
>>44340278
Just focus a lot on the flavor of the city, Turn it into something that makes you want to visit different places rather than just a big square

(Also a WIP, have a finished version somewhere but ehhh)
>>
>>44340266
>>44340266
The land itself is fairly dangerous- monsters, cults and stranger things prowl every moor and glen, and even reasonably sized towns can be ripe for the picking if a sizable horde or an ambitious dragon sets eyes on it. The labeled settlements here are independent city-states, with numerous smaller towns in the surrounding regions that pay homage to this or that ruler.

Cormoran: A heavily forested region with strong druidic traditions. Close ties to wood elves. Most settlements are built on ancient ruins of the First Empire.

Berisam: A swampy region, the capital is a great college for alchemists and healers. Halflings and Lizardfolk are welcome in the region, and all ward against stray undead that shamble out of Ashmere.

Havengard: Gotta have vikings! A loose assembly of raiding clans from a long-lost continent to the south, they incorporate Goliaths and Half-Orcs into their clans.

Kohlstadt: a grim fortress-city in the heart of monster territory, the people of Kohlstadt eschew the arcane in favour of martial and divine arts. Expert monster hunters that have good ties with the Dwarven homeland.

Alterode: A city run by mages, home to many wondrous and occasionaly ridiculous magical innovations. High elves and gnomes have prominent positions in society here.

Licea: The golden city, a mercantile hub and home to the most prosperous trading companies in Ostara. Halflings, Dwarves, High Elves, anyone is welcome in Licea as long as they're buying or selling. The surface of the city is pristine, white stone and brassy rooftops, but the underworks are headquarters for the most influential criminal syndicates in the realms.

Skalvik: Fuck these guys. Slavers and demon-worshippers from a bleak, cold wasteland.
>>
File: aIdBawf.png (133 KB, 1075x351) Image search: [Google]
aIdBawf.png
133 KB, 1075x351
Personally, I've been trying to work a setting, sort of modernish (1930-1940) high-fantasy, low-magic in very fragmented and sea-dominated world.

There are quite bit of species, humans being one of the minor ones ( previously major, had a large empire, but one asshole thaumaturge ruined everything because he was butthurt about gods ). Other species include slugs, annoying birds that run entertainment industry, reptiles with castes based on 5 gendermorphs, a quadruped with massive jaw hanging under, eels that have basic civilization...

Geographically the world has lot of sea separating continents, with lot of islands. Some exceptional features is glacier creeping in but blocked by a mountain line in the northwest, in south there is a rapidly growing deathjungle spewing necrotic gas.

I kinda need to write it better down, and maybe run some proper adventures with it. I haven't found a good system for it, and haven't homebrewed one- I could probably make one, small one, simple one.

Or use it for vidya.
>>
"Maze" is what I call my setting. Most people inside this universe don't call it that, of course, because if you stay inside your hometown, living out the same routine every day, you have the luxury to call your world "the world" and forget its other name. The name "Maze" is pronounced only through clenched teeth, as a curse. But to answer why, I would have to explain the cosmology.

The defining feature that makes Maze what it is is the complex web of portals, spacial distortions, paradoxes and transitory planes. Some of these are permanent, others temporary, others shifting. Even something as simple as taking a walk in the forest could get you to the other side of the world. Shadows, heavy storms, fires, and any place you can't see the sky could be a path to Elsewhere. Compounding this problem are the monsters. There is no place that is completely free of something dangerous, and the world is steadily growing more confusing. To cope, everybody lives with a certain combat- and travel-readiness, carrying weapons and equipment with them just in case of emergency, and living inside a fortress. Some professional navigators make a dangerous fortune plotting out routes through the Maze to get to other settlements.

The culture of individual fortress-settlements vary, but the circumstances the world share make some things universal. For example, almost all business is conducted inside a tavern. There are four recognised social strata: nobility, fremen, commoners, and slaves. Most adventurers are fremen. Lineage is considered very important; even slaves keep family records, and it is against the law to destroy anyone's family record, even a slave's. The adventurer's party is a widely-recognised unit of society, even non-adventurers work in similar groups. The Laws of Hospitality are sacred. Coinage is standardised worldwide: while the face stamped on the coin varies, all coins are about a third of an ounce of pure metal.

The world is basically a great big dungeon.
>>
>>44340607
Now here's the world's cosmos.

In the beginning, there was only Law and Chaos, both of which simply are because it is not possible for them to not exist. Chaos exists because if anything exists, then it must ultimately exist for No Reason, and that is Chaos. Yet if Chaos exists there must also be Law: pure Chaos is a paradox. When Chaos realised that Law existed, it opened a mouth and screamed in defiance: the maw of Chaos became the Abyss, and the scream became Pandemonium, and from the maw of Chaos came the first Evils. In becoming self-aware and treating Law as a person to be slain, Chaos also made Law self-aware, and thus began the Prime Conflict.

To counter the Elder Evils, Law defined Divinity. The first two gods were the personifications of Law and Chaos. This was a great victory for Law, because even though there were (and always will be) an equal number of Lawful and Chaotic divinities, Divinity itself follows clearly-defined rules, and made it possible to fight Chaos. Axiom, the first god of Law, built a shell to trap Chaos inside it, and this shell became the world.

As more concepts became defined, the number of gods slowly increased. There are, at the present time, exactly twenty-seven genuine divinities. Killing a god simply means his portfolio transfers to another being who suits it. Gods created beings to fight in the Prime Conflict and in internicine divine wars, and some beings arose spontaneously out of the natural energies of their homes. All "mortal" creatures ultimately trace their lineage to some outsider or another.
>>
>>44340693

Cosmologically, the world is one continuous system. There are "other planes" but almost all of them can be theoretically reached without the assistance of magic. Heaven is directly above you, the Abyss is literally straight down. The name of this cosmology is the Column of the Sky: vertically-stacked layers ranging from the Astral Mechanism at the top to the Warp at the bottom. The world is round, but only when you are standing on it: the higher up you go, the flatter it looks, and the Abyss is much larger and deeper than the Core ever could be if the world kept to proper three dimentions.
>>
I'm almost about to start a Mutants and Masterminds game. My setting is modern day but with some changes. For one, superheroes had been showing up from the beginning of the 20th century, but were very rare and seen as freaks, or secretly recruited by the military for special ops. It wasn't until the 50's when a super duo, The Valkyrie and Dr. Clock, founded a unit bringing together the world heroes under a banner of justice. Modern day, the current top roster of heroes are: The Solar Sentinel, The Valkyrie, Crash, Neptune, and Cheveyo. My players are starting as new recruits in the modern day under the tutelage of The Valkyrie, she ages about 1/3 the rate of a normal person.

Some other things of note in my setting:
Multiple species of aliens exist, and the public know it. there was an small alien incursion in the 90's, and one of the current members of the Prime Hero Squad is a different species of alien, while also being the ambassador for his people.
Magic exists, but the public don't know the true depth of it. They understand that some heroes have magical equipment or cast spells, but the truth is that all magic energy comes from a alternate dimension called the Mythic Veil, that almost acts like a living creature and doesn't want to be known about, causing all memory of magic to fade from memory over time, unless you specifically train yourself to remember.

That's the main stuff. My characters are more interesting than the setting itself, feel free to ask about them.
>>
>>44339978
sounds pretty cool to me
>>
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WORLDS, ASSHOLES.
>>
>>44344203
I've been working on this setting on and off for about 6 months now, currently running a D&D5E campaign in it that has so far lasted about 4 months. My goal was to make a fairly standard fantasy world but to greatly expand its lore and inner workings and to make sure that everything makes sense within the logic of the world.

First of all I know that geography wise things might not work out but gods and other powerful being have reshaped it multiple times and everything was brought into existence by a creator god so I don't care to much.

Second of all, the names Quadim and Toril are from Forgotten Realms and Ebberon I believe, don't know how I got those names because I've never played a game in those setting or read much about them, but I named two cities in my setting Quadim and Toril. Perhaps the slipped into my mind when I once read something about them or it was sheer coincidence.

Some lore will be here soon, it's too long for one post.
>>
>>44344247
Once Eutran was barren, covered in nothing but sharp crags, withered shrubs and a thick layer of ash. The continent served as the battlefield of tyrannical giants, malicious fiends and powerful magic-wielding dragons, who had been at war with one another for many centuries. The virtuous people, the men, elves, dwarves and halflings, were nothing but slaves who toiled under the lashes of their seemingly invincible overlords.

Eventually the cries and prayers of the virtuous people were heard, for the gods came to this continent. They pitied the virtuous people, and they each bestowed a gift upon the enslaved. Areus gave them the will and power to fight, allowing them to rebel against their former masters like a mighty storm. Ymasil made the world around them bloom once more, allowing them to sustain themselves, and so they were no longer dependant on the scraps their former masters gave them. Rejad gifted them enlightenment, which sparked the fire in their minds and allowed them to think and build on their own accord. Finally, Lonoru gave the people the ability to be cunning and deceiving, allowing them to strike down their foes at their weakest moment.

Heroes were born, battles were fought and after a long rebellion the people were finally unshackled as most of the wicked overlords and their soldiers had been vanquished. A few managed to escaped their demise and went in hiding in the last few dark bastions of the world.

Freed, the virtuous people lived in harmony with the gods, who had made the world into a paradise that was devoid of evil. The lands were fertile and green once more, the water was unpolluted and calm again and the skies were open and brightly lit. Civilisations rose to unknown heights as the gods bestowed miracles and knowledge upon them.
>>
>>44344254
Yet roughly a thousand years ago, the old overlords of the world made their return. Now allied yet still weakened, they tainted the minds of a select few, to who they whispered ancient secrets that had been long forgotten. They promised grand positions in their new lands if they managed to empower them once more. Armed with a daring plan and new capabilities these dark champions managed to steal the divine knowledge of the gods, which the ancient tyrants it against the gods and the peaceful inhabitants of Eutran. Using their own warped version of the divine knowledge, they spread devastating plagues over the realms, twisted the minds of mortals and made armies of unholy creatures roam the lands.

It was only after a long and gruesome war between the hordes of monsters and heroic armies composed of the good peoples of the world, led by the four gods themselves, that the vile tyrants and their legions where stopped once more. Again they fled to the dark holes from which they came, presumably to wait until another opportunity presented itself. There was victory at last, but the war had taken its toll, large portions of Eutran were once again corrupted and polluted by dark powers and mighty magic. Besides that, sizeable amounts of the vile minions and monsters still roamed the world, who albeit leaderless and weakened, still posed a considerable threat. Most of the continent is now known as The Badlands, a corrupted realm where vile beings dwell amidst the ruins of the paradise that once was.
>>
File: Crestel Map No Names.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2500) Image search: [Google]
Crestel Map No Names.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2500
>>44344270
The four gods themselves were not in much better shape than the paradise they once so proudly created as the continued battle against evil had sapped the gods strength and they were drained of most of their energy. Slowly the fertility of the earth degraded, the seas were ruled by mighty storms, and there were seasons in which you wouldn't see a glimpse of the sun or get a drop of rain. The gods spoke less and less, their miracles and wise messages had gaps of decades between them, and when they made themselves known, they seemed weak and exhausted.

The faith of the people withered, in some places it became a forgotten practise while elsewhere the people began to follow false prophets or even the dark gods themselves. It would be decades, sometimes even centuries before a champion of the true faith would be born and set things right again.

Some tried to hold out in the Badlands while other made their way to Crestel, which is said to be the last uncorrupted land on the continent.
>>
>>44344275
>>44344270
>>44344254
>>44344247

>these people literally sat around for over an hour waiting to post their shitty rants.

Oh, /tg/.
>>
>>44344305
Nigga what are you talking about, I already had this typed out when I made a document for my setting a few months ago.
>>
>>44344357
So you just sat there refreshing the page, obsessed with posting your stale pasta?

C'mon. You really have nothing better to do on a wednesday morning?
>>
>>44344406
Refreshing? I just got back to my computer and had the thread open...

Anyway have fun posting your next rant or whatever.
>>
>>44338088
I keep a blog for my players: http://www.gamemasterspgh.com/GMBlogs/billv/

It's pretty much a baseline D&D world with a lot of politics. The major changes are that humans are not quite as widespread and not the majority anywhere except in one little island chain, a lot of gods physically walk the earth as kaiju, goblinoids are hyper-civilized and run the setting's not-Asia, and locathah are a major race.
>>
>>44338598
this is cute. are there any other cartoon-like settings that have been successful in worldbuilding?
>>
It's Lord of the Rings, but with sex.
>>
this thread must live
>>
>>44338859
>Since it is prehistoric, players have no knowledge about what plants are healthy or not, where locations are, and no concept of direction. Language is at a minimum, it is difficult for NPCs to convey messages to the players.

Wouldn't they have to naturally be better at all those things than normal if they're hunter-gatherers?
>>
>cast spell of raise dead on thread
my main world is basically like water world with kevin cosner except there are many villages in giant bubbles at the bottom of the ocean, light passes through the water because of a certain god, and if you didnt stray too far from your village you wouldnt even realize you were under water, its pretty normal dnd setting besides that.
>>
>>44344406
>someone wants to show all the hard work they've put in for their players

God forbid, am I right?
>>
>>44340266
What program did you use to make this map? Inkarnate?
>>
>The world is mostly sparse savannas with areas of teeming life every so often.
>The larger life-bearing areas are home to various tribes of elementally infused people, each based on a different ancient civilization.
>The common belief is that the sky is an abyss, the planet itself is at the very bottom of it, and the people are souls who have fallen into the abyss.
>The big conflict comes when unmanned alien ships start landing on the planet.
>Cue global race to see who gets the ships working first and escape the abyss.
>>
File: If you know what I mean.gif (849 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
If you know what I mean.gif
849 KB, 500x340
>>44338088

I really shouldn't be allowed to DM.
>>
tl;dr

continent mass roughly shaped like a ying-yang symbol. The left hand is a thriving medieval patchwork of societies undergoing intense socioeconomic change due to magically-induced industrialization. The development of "magic nukes" has created a sort of cold war environment between the northern and southern coalition.

the other half is a barren post-apocalyptic zone where Armageddon actually happened and the magical equivalent of neutron bombs killed off the monstrous civilization whilst leaving their cities largely intact

the players are part of a merchant guild tasked with developing the overseas world. The guild run the fantasy equivalent of economic sweatshops from the slave trade.

Anyways, eventually the party was going to stir up the Remanent of the totaltarian monsterous society that formerly colonized the world, which would attempt to annihilate the other continent to permit the karma thing to allow regrowth of their own. Maybe. The pinnacle was going to be a self-loathing beholder deified as supreme leader whilst plotting the destruction of all sentient life. And a racial hierarchy of social classes - for instance, vast goblin bureaucracy. Humans being kind of an extreme interbreeding of all races into one shapeless entropic muck

maybe generic and babbys first world, but i thought it was a neat concept
>>
I'm working on a setting to be run in the Fate system temporarily titled Tales of the Fey. It's a dark fantasy game inspired by Russian and Germanic fairy tales, classical mythology, and the works of Lovecraft. There is a prevalent theme of Corruption and Damnation throughout. It's human only in an 18th century-esque world aptly named the Crownlands, a series of petty kingdoms that was once an Empire. In the midst of conflicts and bids of power dark forces emerge to take advantage of human weakness and ambition. The players are people that are marked by these forces, the Fey for they are odd and other, and they are likely fated to die.
>>
>>44340266
Really interested to know which program was used to make this map
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.