[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's an idea /tg/. Make an actual fucking dungeon. Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_noek1fUvnJ1qh66wqo8_1280.jpg (657 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noek1fUvnJ1qh66wqo8_1280.jpg
657 KB, 1280x1707
Here's an idea /tg/. Make an actual fucking dungeon. Like start with an old cellar and just start digging it out, move into it for a year to make it look natural. Rent the place out to larpers, laser tag, weddings, frats, whatever.

Who wouldn't want to put on a foam viking helmet and carry and axe and get allowed to kick in doors, preferably after buying your alcohol?
>>
>>44337717
I live 15 yards from a river in Florida.
>>
On the news some local guy here had a dungeon.

Turns out he was trying to get into the human trafficking industry but the first person he talked to was an undercover FBI agent.
>>
>>44337717
Getting a liquor license may be tricky.

>mfw drunk neckbeards swinging foam swords
>>
>>44337732
I like to thing of Florida as being a dungeon in its own right, so you don't really need to do anything.
>>
>>44337732
Make it pirate themed then! You could even have a boat.
>>
>>44337740
That may be a different type dungeon anon....
>>
>>44337753
I would argue with you but I saw about 8 sets of eyes staring at me from the woods when I went to take the trash out just now.
>>
>>44337775
To be entirely fair, that's basically all of the coastal Southeast, the problem is that Florida is basically all coastal. In the NC Tidewater, it's either Wilmington, nice plantations, or God-forsaken swamps filled with horrors beyond imagination.

We literally have one called the Great Dismal Swamp.
>>
>>44337775
I'm sure they belonged to something friendly. You can always trust a smile.
>>
>>44337717
>Like start with an old cellar and just start digging it out,

What are building codes?
Also, accidentally digging into buried power lines, storm sewers, your neighbors' basements, etc.
>>
Better to have something like an underground parking lot, then set it up so you can change configurations of the dungeon like every month or so. That way you can even have different levels with different difficulties.
>>
>>44338039
This. Trust me kids, accidentally digging into a pipes and getting a face full of questionable water or digging through power lines is not fun.
>>
OP, I had the same idea when I was fifteen. And I'm pretty fucking unoriginal. This is not a new idea - far from it - and people are already working on something similar.

https://thevoid.com/
>>
>>44338080
An underground lot can be decorated with numerous set pieces, but street they usually just one curving path down? Without some serious renovation, whatever you put on would be sorely linear.
>>
Firstly, planning, building codes etc. Unless you live in buttfuck nowhere and have no chance of digging into anything, which is unlikely as you're using the internet, this is nigh impossible without both getting trouble from the local gov't and the danger of digging into water pipes, electricity lines etc.

Secondly, unless you want just a big basement with a couple of rooms and not a real, full, catacomb like crypt dungeon, this is a full time endevour that will require thousands of man hours to complete.

Nice idea, but I doubt anything like that will ever happen. Even if it sounds profitable to a company, regulations exist, and it won't be profitable if it's in the middle of nowhere.
>>
You know, a RPG-themed laser tag could have a fair success.

I mean, even non-gamers like to pretend-shoot each others, and I'm sure dressing up for the part would interest a lot of people
>>
>>44337717

Magic Caves will fuck your property prices though - to quote Alan Moore "nobody wants to buy a magic cave":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0r3VNdV_k
>>
>>44341249
Then just do it like those nips do when they turn their classroom into a haunted house for the cultural festival in my animus. Put up fake walls and shit.
>>
>>44337767
Or you can trade it all for what's in the box!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.