[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k roots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1445897574235.jpg (45 KB, 376x395) Image search: [Google]
1445897574235.jpg
45 KB, 376x395
Why is there no tongue-in-cheek Game/book/movie about 40k
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=AIopmJhVQzs&video_start=21&audio=qF4RCOcz9ow&audio_start=17
I say 3 termies go on a hunt for a missing CaT and meet a whole bunch of funny characters or rick and morty but with an guardsmen and psyker
>>
Because that's not really grim or dark.

40k may have once been like a ridiculous joke setting but I think it's reached the point where like a canon breech of the whole mood would cause the entire thing to come crashing down.
>>
>>44336494
>reached the point where like a canon breech of the whole mood would cause the entire thing to come crashing down.
So your saying it has to stay grim-derp or it'll simply stop being fun?
>>
>>44336462
>he doesn't know about Ciaphas Cain
I mean it's not in your face about being a comedy, but the style of humor the books use is perfect for poking fun at how derpy the setting is without making fanboys reeeeee over their precious grimdark being made fun of.
>>
>>44336462
Because fuck you and your shitty humor.
Some of us want 40k to be grim, dark and serious.
>>
>>44336462
Because GW has their heads so far up their asses that they forgot 40K used to have a sense of humor
>>
>>44336705

This.

Maybe OP should have bothered to look before jumping to conclusions. I mean, its only one of the big BL series outside of Abnett and/or HH.
>>
>>44339858
And how does a comedic book/movie change that? It'd be a single product surrounded by many grimdark versions, you can just ignore it if you dislike it

Not OP
>>
>>44343668
>Ignore if you don't like it
>/tg/

Pick one
>>
>>44343777
Fair enough
>>
Aren't the Caiphas Caine books very much tongue in cheek (the commissars internal monologue certainly is), no matter how much his Inquisition ladyfriend disagrees with it.
>>
>>44336462
>tongue-in-cheek Game
It's also pretty seriously starship troopers, but if you want a game where you ride a drop pod down to a planet's surface from your skull-adorned ship, strap on a flamer and jetpack, and fight endless waves of aliens for a cause that very clearly doesn't hold up to scrutiny, you can play this. It's also a very fun game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRl70-F9o6I

Also, look at those walkers. And those ships.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.