[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lawful Good >Driven to kill or destroy all that is ugly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14
File: 1396543681220.jpg (332 KB, 1508x1808) Image search: [Google]
1396543681220.jpg
332 KB, 1508x1808
>Lawful Good
>Driven to kill or destroy all that is ugly

>Chaotic Evil
>Driven to kill or destroy all that is beautiful
>>
...and?
>>
>>44334304
Flat bellies are best bellies.
>>
>>44334304
Visual attractiveness doesn't seem like the best point of judgement for the moral value of things, in general. There's plenty of examples of evil-but-pretty or ugly-but-good things out there.
>>
>>44334304

How long have the Paladins been hunting you OP?
>>
>>44334304
That bitch is ruining the temper of that blade.
>>
>>44334380
Point. What about Pretty-Normal-Ugly as a separate axis of classification?
>>
>Neutral
>???
>>
>>44334304
>Chaotic Good
>Driven to kill all that is ugly
I think that suits it more.
>>
>>44334304
"I think a servant of the Enemy would look fairer and feel fouler."
-Frodo, on Strider
>>
>>44334304
She has the build of a gymnast.
>>
>be kind of ugly but always try to be a good person
>work at a soup kitchen, donate to charity, babysit young relatives for free, and stand up for people who are being bullied
>see this beautiful woman in shining armor wielding a sword
>kind of confused why she has a sword in 2015, but whatever
>walk up to talk to her
>she calls me fugly and stabs me in the gut, then yells LAWFUL GOOD, MOTHAFUCKA and walks away as I bleed out
>tfw
>>
File: 1450550240934.png (253 KB, 679x632) Image search: [Google]
1450550240934.png
253 KB, 679x632
>>44337093
>Stabbed with a fire sword
>Bleed out
>>
>>44334304

>False equivalence
>Guaranteed replies
>>
>>44338877
I mean is the sword completely fire or is just fiery metal that still stabs a guy more than it burns.
>>
>>44334630
And the face of a nerdy teenage boy
>>
>>44334317
Mah niggah
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 1040x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 1040x629
>>44334380
I beg to differ
>>
File: straw man.jpg (63 KB, 614x299) Image search: [Google]
straw man.jpg
63 KB, 614x299
>>44334304
Remember children, just because you don't see a frog doesn't mean it's not shitting frogposting
>>
>>44338902
It would cauterize either way I think
>>
>>44334304
>lawful good
Oh hey, it's that guy!
>>
>>44338951
>person receives horrible facial scarring in a hit-and-run accident
>now permanently a shit person
>>
File: jellydonut.jpg (138 KB, 578x643) Image search: [Google]
jellydonut.jpg
138 KB, 578x643
>>44338951
There was a chick in my platoon who really nice, she also looked like Shrek. You can't really work around looking like Shrek.

And I mean seriously, she really looked like Shrek, whenever we had to put on camo paint and she applied the green base colour I swear I could hear All Star playing.
>>
>>44338960
Cauterizing only happens when you get something to a decent enough heat it can bur the entire wound.

If you used a thicker blade or had a jagged cut, you would still bleed around the burnt areas. Even if you do manage to close the wound with fire, doing so in a blunt manner like combat will make you bleed internally which is a form of bleeding out.

We used to have red necks in a district I was a emt in that would get cut in the woods, heat up a machete and hold it to the cut then wonder why they were dying of blood poisoning.
>>
>>44338951
You can beg all you want but you're still wrong.
>>
>>44339068
>face makes up the entirety of someone's attractiveness
>>44339074
You can look like Shrek and still be attractive.
> whenever we had to put on camo paint and she applied the green base colour I swear I could hear All Star playing.
Kek. That's awesome
>>
>>44338951
There's still the fact that you can be attractive and still be evil, and even (often) use that attractiveness as a tool for committing evil deeds.
>>
>>44339261
Well hello to you too Machiavelli.
>>
>>44339307
I'm not really familiar with Machiavelli. I was just thinking of, y'know, succubi and typical vampires and the like.
>>
>>44339337
Vampires and succubi take on the appearance of pretty being to hide the fact they are disgusting abominations.
>>
File: It_Sure_Is.png (13 KB, 448x368) Image search: [Google]
It_Sure_Is.png
13 KB, 448x368
>>44334304
Is this post supposed to have a real point? The drives you attach to alignments appear to have nothing to do with said alignments...
>>
>>44339367
Wasn't the classic depiction of Dracula just a stellar looking man? I mean from the novel. Also, I think the evil Queen from Snow White was supposed to actually be quiet attractive, while all seven of the dwarves were nice but would have been pretty unattractive.
>>
>>44339367
From what I understand, plenty of the time a vampire is just a really good-looking corpse that's still moving and magically failed to deteriorate in any way, rather than relying entirely on glamours or mesmerism or whatever.
>>
>>44339414
>dwarves
>unattractive
It's official, your opinion is worth naught.
>>
>>44334304
Kalos kai agatos has always been a shitty trope
>>
>>44339389
>/thread
>>
File: what is beauty.jpg (16 KB, 305x251) Image search: [Google]
what is beauty.jpg
16 KB, 305x251
>>44334304
but
>>
File: 78134-004-8587374E.jpg (23 KB, 349x450) Image search: [Google]
78134-004-8587374E.jpg
23 KB, 349x450
>>44338951
Excuse me?
>>
File: albert-3.jpg (54 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
albert-3.jpg
54 KB, 640x425
>>44338951
I think there's quite a hole in your reasoning.
>>
>>44338951
Your words strike deep, anon.
>>
>>44338951
That's a very limited view on the argument backed up by made up statistics....source?
>>
File: Gaston7.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gaston7.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
>>44338951
>I always knew that I was a damn good guy.
>>
>>44339068
>>44339074
>>44339201
>>44339261
Not that guy but I actualy agree. In that pc there was a little 90% that all you frogot.

You mentioned a really particular cases: scaring incidents (How people you really know that had a scaring incident that left them ugly) born incredibly ugly (there are some but much less then 10%). In current world going to fitness, beauty saloon, eating healthy and taking care of you body greatly imporve your looks, easily overcoming the natural baeuty distribuition curve. People who want to be attractive can get moderately attractive.

It is a choice.
>>
>>44339068
You're missing the point. It's about putting an effort. If a scarred person doesn't give a shit and does nothing to appeal in any way ("'cos I'm ugly either way"), doesn't clean, doesn't care about hair and nails and wears the first rag to come into field of vision, and than moans "nobody likes me 'cos the scars", they're pretty much a lazy, annoying downer. They could also show some civilized upbringing, add a bit of style (a second of thinking about matching clothing colours, at least) and show that there's something beyond the scar.
>>
>>44339862
This guy gets it. There's hindrances but the only person stopping you from being attractive is you.
>>
>>44339895
>inb4 someone posts a leper and all your points go to shit.
>>
>>44338951
>self-centered
is this just nips trying to sound philosophical in their comics or some translating weeaboo faggot trying to do the same?

delusional would probably have been a better term
>>
>>44339862
That doesn't really hit the point though:
We can agree that a person who wants to be liked while not trying to be likeable himself is self centered.
But her other claim: That a shit-looking person is a shit in the inside too is not actually true since we can have cases of ugly people who act nice and cases of beautiful or handsome people not acting so.
Really, it boils down to what she consider a shit person and in what situation, assuming the situation is a relationship knowing my beta selling Korean masturbatory papers, that's pretty much one of the few cases when look can determine role and intentions to some extent, but even then there are easily multiple cases that would confute her claim.

It's superficial.
>>
>>44334304

Yeah. Could work. As long as it's clear what beauty and ugliness are. Beauty is kindness, compassion, valor and justice and things like that, while ugliness is cruelty, selfishness and injustice.
>>
>>44338951
And your source is muh manga.
Ain't that solid.

Even if it were true, you are mixing up the causation: ugly people wouldn't be ugly for being shitty, they become shitty because they get treated as shit for being ugly
>>
>>44339946
You forgot the "usually" in the "shit on the inside" part.
>>
>>44334304
>Chaotic Neutral
>Drive to swap your tooth paste for Superglue.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151223_0001.png (390 KB, 729x523) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151223_0001.png
390 KB, 729x523
>>44340056
Yeah, lets imply the cases of the contrary are a minority for no reason
>>
>>44338951
Agreed in part. I guess it has actually more to do with resourcefulness than being good or bad.

The girl does say 90% of the time, so can you guys knock it off the examples? You're just proving her point.

Besides, she is talking about trying to look better, not what the result is. I agree that a very ugly girl that put on some make up is still ugly, but she tried.

Vanity is important to self-steem, which is important to make things work, for better or for worse.
>>
>>44339414

Dracula was not attractive at the start of the novel. He become more pleasant to the eyes once he starts draining people in London
>>
>>44340214

She didn't say "90% of the time, a person who doesn't try is a shit person."

She's saying "a person is 90% how they look".

Aka: "How you look is what matter the most for who you are."
>>
>>44340277
But she does say that "If they look shit on the outside, they're usually shit on the inside"
Operative word there being "usually"
>>
>>44340277
>>44340631

Both of you are right. I misread the 90% part, but as the second anon said, my point remains
>>
>>44340096
just gargle acetone until all the glue falls off.
>>
>>44334304
Man, that poor woman. She's gonna get killed by a bunch of lawful good paladins in your world.
>>
>>44334304
That's not how it works.
>>
>Paladin of a God of beauty
>goes around giving magically supercharged plastic surgery to random warty peasants
>>
>>44338951
Lucifer takes the form of an Angel of Light.
>>
>>44338951
People need to stop replying to this. It's basically just justification for NTR and so it is supposed to be shallow and cruel.
>>
That's lawful evil and chaotic evil.
>>
>>44342638
>implying cuckolding is not good
>>
>>44334304
Manipulate things so the standard of beauty is tall, muscular, dominant amazons, and cute, feminine traps
>>
>>44338951
>All credibale arguments come from anime
>>
>>44334304
>not sure if ftm or mtf
>>
>>44339802
>Abraham Lincoln
>Not the perfect example of Lawful Evil done well

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union."

The man was a dick through and through, and was also more than happy to screw over his own people's freedom and the Constitution, but even this butthurt Southerner can't deny that the man did it all out of a misguided desire to save the Union.
>>
>>44334304
wouldve been a better last witch hunter movie
>>
File: youre_just_opinion.png (306 KB, 428x705) Image search: [Google]
youre_just_opinion.png
306 KB, 428x705
>>44338951
>spouting bullshit nonsense that thousand-years dead philosophers fought against

Yea, we get it, you're literally uneducated and ignorant of all forms of actual intellectuality--just like the self-centered people refusing to change their outside. All of you are fucking wrong and barely human.

>tfw all the advancements in intellectualism are still locked up in academia
>>
>>44342588
Yeah and Biblical Angels are Lawful Evil, just like their patron deity.
>>
>>44339893
As an outside observer, you could also understand that there is a damaged human being underneath the filth who has suffered through something you can't fully understand. Instead of pretending you know exactly how to cope with their situation, you could look past that. But you're just as self-centered, so it likely won't happen.

Both of you are wrong--the person getting consumed by adversity and the person pretending like difficulty doesn't exist. Neither of you have bothered to take in the thousands of years of philosophy to help you better understand your own position in the world around you, because you're too busy staring in at yourself.
>>
>>44344715
>Lawful Evil

Confirmed for having literally never read the Bible. It's a very harsh Lawful Good; accusations of evil assume that the accuser has more knowledge than God does, which is stupid. God does what needs to be done to fulfill His plan, which is for the greatest good possible.
>>
What about chaotic good? A person who wanders around killing rapists and murderers in horrible ways? Is that chaotic good?
>>
>>44344741
There's no way "let's kill everyone except this one guy and his immediate relatives" would pass for Good.
But there's major shift in attitude between Old and New Testament. New Testament God could be seen as LG, yeah.
>>
>>44344807
It totally can. The problem is that you're applying standards for a finite being with limited knowledge (humans or lesser gods) to a being with perfect knowledge.

Also, pre-Flood humanity was supposedly horrible enough to make the Middle East look tame. If God says they had it coming - and this is the God who agreed to show mercy if there were even five good people in Sodom and Gomorrah - I'm inclined to think they probably did.
>>
>>44339862
>person doesn't have a lot of money
>doesn't have the money for fitness and beauty saloons
>clearly a shit person
Alternatively,
>doesn't care about their looks but cares about being kind to people
>clearly a shit person
Physical attractiveness can be a measure of how much somebody wants to be liked, but how much a person wants to be liked doesn't particularly correlate with how good a person they are anyway. Conversely, who actually cares that much about how someone looks when deciding whether to spend time with them? I mean, yeah, if they're not taking basic care of themselves, like living in filth, sure, but there's a difference between "hideously unattractive, wallows in own filth" and "doesn't particularly bother to be the peak of beauty", and usually the latter is less important to whether I want to spend time with them than is the question of whether they're nice to me.
>>
>>44334304
Would explain all the cheesecakey female adventurers
>>
>>44339862
Complete bullshit that self centered assholes tell themselves so they can pretend that they have the moral high ground in all things.
>>
>>44334304

Not sure if chaotic or lawful, but she damn sure is ugly.
>>
>>44339943
Nah it's just how humans work.

Everyone has a reasoning why their slaughter doesn't make them the bad guy, nobody thinks themselves as the bad guys and the ones that do have made themselves retarded enough to think being bad makes them the real good guy/s.
>>
>>44334304
But what if the way to cleansing evil is an ugly road?
>>
Whelp...that escalated quickly.
>>
>>44346306
>person doesn't have a lot of money
>doesn't have the money for fitness and beauty saloons
>clearly a shit person
Wanna know how I know you're fat? You fatty fat fat uggo
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.