[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harem Bro Quest: The Closure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 50
File: OP.png (32 KB, 664x622) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
32 KB, 664x622
Your name was Kazuya Narukami, and you were the best friend of a standard harem MC. A month ago, your party of thirteen defeated the Dark Lord Azazel and restored peace to the world.

Your ordinary lives resumed, so your objective had been twofold. That is, to resolve your bro's harem and support him to the very end!

CHARACTER SHEET: http://pastebin.com/pJNs2PJ4
GLOSSARY: http://pastebin.com/asChj7G3
MECHANICS: http://pastebin.com/xFHtJrem
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/TwilightThorn
PREVIOUS THREADS: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Harem%20Bro%20Quest

[COOPERATION/SOCIAL LINK STATUS]
>Tatsuya (Fool): 10/10
>Hatoko (Sun): 10/10
>Kurumi (Empress): 2/10
>Laura (Strength): 1/10
>Sachiko (Fortune): 3/10
>Ayase (Devil): 1/10
>Syoko (Hermit): 3/10
>Ophis (Death): 1/10

Last time we...
>Went on hiatus for six months
>QM wrote Persona 2129 Quest instead
>It was too fun
>Lost his passion for this quest
>Tried to regain it but failed
>Now it's the end
>>
Welcome, everyone, to the very last thread of Harem Bro Quest. You players will get the closure you deserve. The ending will be revealed. You will finally know what happens to all the characters, including ones you haven’t met. I hope it will be a satisfying send-off to the quest. I am full of tender feelings right now. It was a fun ride, even if parts of it did kinda suck. To all who were awaiting its continuation, I deeply apologize.

Before I begin posting these very long chunks of text, I’d like to take a moment and say exactly why I’m abandoning this quest. I mentioned that I had lost my passion for the quest on Twitter, but that’s only really scratching the surface. I thought you deserve to know more.

So why have I lost my drive for writing Harem Bro Quest? There are number of reasons:

1. I STARTED WRITING PERSONA 2129 QUEST. It’s a more mechanically heavy quest than Harem Bro Quest, which meant that more focus was needed. I also was forced to plan and pre-write a lot for it and that soaked up huge chunks of my time. Eventually, I began to have more fun writing Persona 2129 than Harem Bro. Part of it was because it was satisfying seeing the main character change over the course of 30 threads, but another reason was that it was mostly my own world to develop and manipulate. Which brings me to…
>>
2. USING CHARACTERS FROM OTHER WORKS LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH. I have to explain my mindset before I made the first thread. At the time, I was reading stuff like Cyberpunk Idol Management Quest and Anaru Quest. If I remember correctly, the former had a bunch of characters from Merc Command’s other quests (as well as one XCOM lady) and the latter was a Kill la Kill fixfic quest. I was inspired by those quests and thought ‘Wow, I should use characters from other works as well!’ Never mind that the questing basics guide I read prior clearly stated that using my own characters was infinitely rewarding. I took characters from animes and games such as Inou Battle, Fallout New Vegas, Kingdom Hearts, Oreimo and Idolmaster. While this made planning easier at the beginning, it also had the side effect of turning the quest universe into a kitchen sink of unrelated concepts. It slowly became a clusterfuck that I was embarrassed to write about, as I had to come up with all sorts of contrived reasons why these universes could overlap. It’s the type of disgusted feeling people get when they go to the X-Over section on fanfiction.net. People criticized me for this in the very first thread. I was a fool and did not listen to them.

But it wasn’t the end of the world. I had changed bits of each character to fit into the overall plot. Sachiko, for example, was the daughter of a rich businessman as opposed to an idol. I genuinely think I could have salvaged all of this, if it weren’t for…
>>
3. THE PLOT GOING FULL RETARD: The initial goal of Harem Bro Quest was to write about a harem anime MC’s best friend helping to resolve his harem. It should have stayed that way. Instead, in devolved into a quest about the Underworld, conspiracies, pseudo Social Links and a bunch of stuff unrelated to the original concept. This isn’t a bad thing; quests do have a tendency to go beyond the scope of the original idea. However, I handled it poorly. The overall plot went completely off the rails as it became less and less about resolving Tatsuya’s harem. That should never have happened.

It was my first quest, I was inexperienced and in hindsight I should have kept things simple. Have Kazuya resolve the harem problem, perhaps explore what heroes do when their big adventure is over on the side. Boom, done. Around forty to fifty threads, a nice length. I didn’t mind Syoko gaining greater focus, because I thought it would be fun to explore a female friend of the MC who isn’t part of his harem. Also, /tg/ is persistent in their waifus. Could have done without involving all of that Underworld bullshit, though.

In short, Harem Bro Quest had good ideas at the beginning but managed to fuck up the execution later on. This happened because…

4. I HADN’T WRITTEN OR READ ANYTHING FOR A YEAR: I used to write shitty fanfiction. Then I stopped because they were awful. So my writing abilities had degraded over that year. Then I read other quests and became inspired to pick up the pen again. That’s why I was amazed when people liked the first thread so much. I thought they would hate it.

However, this also meant that I didn’t know how to write good characters, devise a decent plot, create a good world and so on. Which is why the plot went places it shouldn’t have. However, Harem Bro Quest was good experience and writing it and Persona 2129 it made me start reading books again. Just finished Fahrenheit 451, in fact.
>>
TLDR: Became busy, used characters from other works before hand, fucked up the plot, had little experience beforehand.

But overall, I do not regret writing Harem Bro Quest. It was fun and made me extremely happy that my writing could bring joy to others. In the end, that’s what my questing is about.

I will now post the set of notes I wrote in preparation for this thread. They are summaries of what would have happened had I decided to resume the quest. They are as follows: Kurumi, Sachiko, Laura, Ayase, Ophis, Silver Queen, Syoko and Kazuya, final arc, final scene and epilogue. If any of these seem poorly-written, railroady, cringeworthy, embarrassing, overly long or just plain shit, it’s because I pretty much stopped thinking about Harem Bro Quest when I wrote Persona 2129 Quest. I literally made these out of one-liner notes and bits of my own memory. Some things won’t seem particularly fleshed out. Others, I was embarrassed to write about.

Hopefully you’ll get some of enjoyment out of them anyway.

Which section would you like first?

>The four remaining girls: Kurumi, Sachiko, Laura, Ayase (in that order)
>Syoko and the Silver Queen
>Ophis
>>
>>44328615
>>The four remaining girls: Kurumi, Sachiko, Laura, Ayase (in that order)
>>
>>44328615
>The four remaining girls: Kurumi, Sachiko, Laura, Ayase (in that order)
>>
>>44328615
>>
>>44328615
>>
>>44328615
If it serves as consolation I think you are doing a very very good job with Persona quest though I think we should have lost that duel with Celeste.
>>
woah hey
its you
>>
>>44328661
Dice do what they want, and we have to live with the results anon.
>>
>>44328661
we got lucky as fuck. If we hadn't have critted and she 2x critfailed? She probably would ahve
>>
>>44328615
>>Syoko and the Silver Queen
>>
File: kurumiarc.png (482 KB, 994x586) Image search: [Google]
kurumiarc.png
482 KB, 994x586
[KURUMI’S ARC (ANGEL STAR)]

Possibly the easiest out of the remaining four girls. The gimmick here is that Kurumi doesn’t actually mind sharing Tatsuya; she only engages in the standard ‘hilarious’ harem antics to tease Tatsuya and the others. She’s the kind of girl who would prioritize a threesome over regular man-woman sex, if given the choice.

The players would have been given the choice to punch in the face when the arc was done. Maybe. I was thinking about.

Anyway, after dealing with Hatoko (or whatever girl was the last one), Tatsuya and Kazuya call Kurumi over to a nearby park. They decide to not play around and tell Kurumi directly about the harem sharing plan. Kurumi would listen intently, then ask if the three of them could play a little game. If Tatsuya and Kazuya win, she’ll give her response. If not, then they’ll have to try again in three months. The players would’ve been given a choice to accept and reject this proposal, perhaps even negotiate. If they accept, Kurumi summons 500 clones and each one drops a smoke bomb.

When the ludicrous amount of smoke clears, Kazuya and Tatsuya see a note left behind.
>Find the real me before the sun sets. Good luck, Tatsuya-kun, Kazuya-kun!

The chase is on. Kazuya and Tatsuya must track down the real Kurumi before the time runs out. The other three remaining girls would inevitably notice the chaos and the two boys must come up with ways to not let them find out about their plans. To make it fair, each clone would only patrol a specific area of the city. Clues relating to specific numbers (doubles, triples) would've been given out.

Also, while waiting, the clones would perform tasks such as helping old ladies cross the road, sweeping the streets, doing a bit of shopping, watering public gardens and getting cats down trees. Kurumi is a hero, after all. This is expected of her.
>>
>>44328692
>>44328702
I only remember her critfailing once. We still went full phys when she buffed herself twice to increase her def.
>>
>>44328740
the getting up before her bit she rolled 2 1s
>>
After a certain point (close to finding the real clone), Kurumi’s backstory would be revealed in the form of an old storybook tale. I didn’t get the chance to fully write it all up, so have the greentext version instead.

>Kurumi is a human born living in the Underworld, her life is shit.
>Mother is dead, father is drunkard.
>Constantly leaves the house and wanders the streets of her small town.
>There is no purpose towards life, she thinks.
>One rainy day, comes across an energetic, cheerful girl.
>Said girl drags Kurumi along to her two other friends.
>Kurumi becomes friends with the trio.
>Finds happiness in playing with them, life doesn’t suck as much anymore.
>Leader girl shows signs of magic, says she has a dream to become part of Azazel’s court and change life for humans for the better.
>Everyone is encouraged and promise that they’ll reach this dream together.
>Months later, an angel falls into a forest in the Underworld.
>Kurumi goes to investigate
>His name is Zafkiel
>Asks to keep his existence a secret, will promise to teach her magic in return.
>She agrees
>Kurumi is a quick student and learns well, shows off new powers to her friends
>Fast-forward to a few weeks, demons come to the village searching for Zafkiel
>No-one knows, so in anger the demons torch the village
>Fire everywhere
>Kurumi and her friends are scared, make an agreement to meet up in a special spot
>Kurumi gets separated and escapes the inferno by hiding in a hole she dug
>Fire rages for days, in the end only ashes remain
>First thing Kurumi does is search for her friends
>Goes to the meeting spot
>Finds three charred corpses lying together on the ground
>Heart shattered, Kurumi falls into despair
>Cries for days
>Realizes that the reason her friends died is, despite their dream, they were weak
>Ambition cannot be realized without power
>If Kurumi wants to survive, she needs power to conquer any foe in her way
>Her eyes, once shining bright with hope, are now cold with determination
>>
File: kurumi_shadow.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
kurumi_shadow.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>Zafkiel is relieved to see Kurumi alive, offers to tend to her wounds and serve her food
>Kurumi accepts, then when his guard is down, stabs him
>Devours his soul and gains his strength
>She now has control over time
>Laughs bitterly and buries her friends’ corpses on a hill
>Realizes that one of her new powers is to rewind to the past
>If she can do that, she rewrite history so that humans are treated better in the Underworld
>Failing that, she can save her friends from death
>This relies an extremely large amount of mana to do, so she’ll have to consume a lot more souls
>If she could consume the soul of Azazel, his children or one of his generals, then that would be great
>She’ll aim for that
>Years go by, Kurumi becomes stronger and stronger, eventually joining Azazel’s military
>Picks up simple firearms training, learns how to manipulate others
>Gets very close to the Silver Queen, to the point where she is invited to join the Silver Queen’s inner circle
>Invades the human world with the demons, fights Tatsuya for his soul but none of their fights end in a decisive victory for any side
>Tatsuya understands Kurumi is suffering inside, vows to save her
>She laughs at him and calls him a fool
>Later on, her plans are found out, Kurumi is branded a traitor
>She barely manages to escape to the human world
>Decides to make one last ditch attempt to consume Tatsuya
>With the power of Ouroboros, she may have enough mana to rewind time
>Unfortunately for her, Tatsuya has learned to summon his Reality Marble, if only for a minute
>Activates Ouroboros Soul and sucks Kurumi in
>Time and space manipulation is banned so Kurumi’s powers have no effect
>muscle_wizard.png
>utter_annihilation.wmv
>Kurumi is KO’d
>Ejected back into reality
>Rest of the party debating on whether or not they should kill her, Tatsuya instead offers her to join
>Laura and Myde question this, Kazuya tells them that once Tatsuya’s mind is made up it’s hard to change it
>>
File: 1423366895598.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1273) Image search: [Google]
1423366895598.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1273
>Kurumi understands she has nothing to lose
>She and Tatsuya also bonded over their repeated fights
>Decides it might be worth destroying Azazel instead
>Avenging her dead friends and all that
>Finally, remembers her old friend’s words
“Kurumi, friendship is great. Be sure to make lots of friends in the future, okay?”
>Fully convinced, takes Tatsuya’s hands
>Smile at each other
>The rest of the party members shrug, laugh or shake their heads in exasperation
>Feast that night

>The next day, she crawls into his sleeping bag and tries to cuddle him
>Hatoko, Sachiko and Laura find out
>“Ta-kun! Wh-wh-what are you doing with Kurumi-chan?”
>“Hohoho, you seem very popular with the ladies, Tatsuya…”
>“I can’t believe you! Infidelity from my wife and my leader? You must be punished!”
>“W-wait, girls! This isn’t what it looks like, I swear. I didn’t do anything!”
>“Ara, would the three of you like to join us?”
>Fire, machine gun rounds and corrupted light fly everywhere
>Tatsuya is caught in the crossfire, Sachiko refuses to heal him afterwards, Kazuya calls Kurumi a moron
>Kurumi goes, “Ara, ara” and giggles softly
>The eighth member has officially joined the party
>>
Oh boy it's finally happening.
>>
File: kurumi_seduction_2.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
kurumi_seduction_2.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
When Kazuya and Tatsuya catch up with Kurumi, she would reveal that today is the anniversary of the day she met her Underworld friends. She played hide-and-seek, their favourite game, with her current friends out of honor for that day. Tatsuya would then step forward to launch into a speech about sharing in the harem. Kurumi would stop him, for his words are unnecessary. The moment he brought up the topic, she had already accepted. The two would then seal the deal with a kiss. Arc over, it’s pretty good.

Then Kurumi then starts making out with Tatsuya, because that’s the type of girl she is.

>“Wait. Kurumi, what are you doing? You’re been kissing him for way too long! Why are you undoing the buttons on bro’s shirt? Hey, quit it! No, bro, don’t start groping her ass! Damn it, both of you, THIS IS A PUBLIC AREA!”
>>
File: sachikoarc.png (450 KB, 1024x636) Image search: [Google]
sachikoarc.png
450 KB, 1024x636
[SACHIKO’S ARC (ROT AWAY)]

I’ll be honest, I’m not completely satisfied with how I planned this. Why? Because it involves Sachiko inexplicably suffering a disease that slowly disintegrates her soul. Reasons I came up varied: delayed grudge curse from the battle against the Azazel, curse from Abrahamic God that plagues a small amount of Nephilim, soul cancer, plain unluckiness. The first one is most likely, but I’m still not satisfied with it. Seems like an asspull.

I probably would have come up with a better idea or rewrote Sachiko’s arc entirely, but then I started Persona 2129 Quest.

Anyway, going by the original draft, Sachiko falls incredibly ill. The disease robs her of her strength and then destroys her five main senses—taste, smell, sight, hearing and lastly touch. This would be foreshadowed by her stats slowly decreasing over the course of a few threads. When she did collapse, in front of Tatsuya, Kazuya and the rest of the girls no less, all of her abilities would be removed and replaced with this one.

>SOUL COLLAPSE: Sachiko’s soul is slowly crumbling. She will die soon.

All of her stats would also fall to E and below.
>>
>>44328843
Poor Kazuya
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjB-DKDrbs

Law would rush her to hospital. The entire party would gather around her. She would try to put on a façade of healthiness, but it would soon crumble into coughs and sneezing. Law then admits that he doesn’t know how to cure her, since her disease is extremely uncommon within the quest universe. As expected, the party would be very frustrated, Tatsuya in particular.

>“Um, I have a suggestion…”

Syoko would then point out that, from the stories she read as a child, there exists a mystical relic that might help. The party organizes a group to head to the Underworld, Syoko obviously included.

>“I’m going with you. This is not a matter up for debate.”

Laura would force her way into the group. She would be unable to be removed. The players would then have to choose 3-5 other party members to take to the Underworld. Kazuya is chosen as the leader. Also, a single stealthy type must be taken (Kurumi or Ayase). If that sounds kinda railroady, you’re right. I was considering changing that in the future.

I must confess, I hadn’t planned what exactly happens when the group reaches the Underworld. Here a few ideas I threw around.
>Group comes across small of village of demons under attack from bandits/dragon/other village/unspecified threat. They recognize Syoko as a princess and beg her for help. Players must choose between assisting them or ignoring them to try and find the cure.
>Attack from loyal followers of Azazel.
>Exploration of ancient temple
>Group is accompanied by member of Silver Queen’s inner circle.
>Mystic relic is found on Lillian’s (Syoko’s mother) grave.
>Inches away from the relic, Kazuya gets attacked by a spell that drags him into a nightmare. Involves an alternate world where Sachiko dies, Kazuya goes down the path of evil and destroys Earth as the new Demon World.
>>
>>44328889
I'm hoping that Thorn will tell us he had some role reversal planned for Kazuya and Tatsuya's relationship at some point. At least one moment where Kazuya's the one in the middle of shenanigans and Tatsuya is the straight man left gawping at how inappropriate his friend's love life is. I mean, Syoko and Kazuya both have the Berserker thing going on, it could happen.
>>
>>44328887
Oh boy KEYAIDS arc
>>
If that last option happened, Syoko would be the one to drag him back to reality. Partly because of her mind manipulation powers, partly because she understands him well.

While this was happening, I would’ve posted intermissions about Sachiko dealing with life in hospital and dealing with her imminent death. If Tatsuya didn’t go the Underworld, he’s stay by her side the entire time. Her five senses would fade away until only an empty shell would remain.

>“I can’t taste this. I’m sorry, Tatsuya. It must’ve been delicious.”
>“My sight is gone. Even though my eyes are open, I can’t see anything. But at least I can still hear your wonderful voice, Tatsuya.”
>“It’s dark. Four of my senses have been shot. Everyone is gone. I’m alone again. I’m…scared. I don’t want to die.”
>“Who is this, holding my hand? Is it you, Tatsuya? I can feel your rough, battle-hardened palms. I can sense your warm, gently spirit. I’m no longer a cute angel idol, only a broken, lifeless doll and yet you’re here with me in the end. It’s very comforting. Remember the day we met? I demanded you accompany me across Japan. I acted so arrogantly, it seems so silly in retrospect.”
>“I am very happy to have met you, Tatsuya. You and the others made my life worth living. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If there’s another life out there, I hope we all meet again…”

>“Law, may I make a request? If I don’t make it, please tell Laura I’m sorry. For all the petty squabbles we’ve had over nothing, every time we’ve butted heads during our adventure, every caustic remark I insulted her with, I wish to apologize. She was a truly precious friend. I never agreed with her on some things, but I cared for her like my own sister.”
>“…tell her what yourself when she gets back, Sachiko.”
>“Hahaha…what are you saying…”
>>
It was possible for Sachiko to die. This would only happen if the players fucked up hugely or the dice gods decided that they really hated this quest. Considering how much the players liked Sachiko, I don’t think this would’ve happened.

So once the cure was found, the group would rush back to the human world. Depending on how long they took down there, they would either make it with days to spare or arrive just in the nick of time. If the last occurred, then the stealthy member who remained behind would try and keep Sachiko alive for just a little longer.

Kurumi would shoot Sachiko full of time freezing bullets. Ayase would modify her Reality Marble to halt the state of objects and absorb Sachiko into it. They would do this for days on end until the very last drop of mana fled from their bodies. When the group got back bearing the artifact, the girl in question would collapse to the hospital floor, fully unconscious.

Artifact to Sachiko’s soul, Sachiko is now stable and on the way to recovery. Crisis averted. Sighs of relief all around.

Once Sachiko recovered, she would invite Tatsuya and Kazuya to the rooftop. There, she would confess her feelings towards him.
>>
>“While I stuck in hospital, I realized a number of things. Even though I carry the blood of a fallen angel within me, life is too short. Death could come at any time. I shouldn’t be wasting it over useless arguments. I need to treasure what I already have. You two have come up with a plan for us girls to share, correct? I suspected it the moment Hatoko and Kurumi suddenly appeared to get along more than usual. Please, let me in on it. I love you Tatsuya, and I also love the others like my own sisters. I do not want to break their hearts. I cannot imagine a life without them.”
>“Don’t worry, I’ll the best wife out of us five. I’m the cutest girl in the party, after all. Hatoko, Kurumi, Laura and Ayase will all prostrate before my magnificence. Ha ha ha!”

Tatsuya and Sachiko kiss and it is great. Or would be, if I had actually written it.

Then Sachiko would bring up the topic of a new house.

>“Tatsuya, your house is too small for the five of us. I’ll ask Papa’s construction company to build a mansion for you. We can all live in it together. Kazuya and Syoko can come, too. How does that sound?”

Her arc is over.
>>
>>44328933
> Involves an alternate world where Sachiko dies, Kazuya goes down the path of evil and destroys Earth as the new Demon World.
Kazuya goes down the path of evil when Sachiko dies? Huh. I would have expected the evil vision would be of Tatsuya, given his issues with fear of losing the people he loves again. Although, Sachiko does seem to be the member of the harem Kazuya gets along best with aside from Hatoko. And he is the party Berserker. I guess he could wind up going off the deep end upon losing a friend like that.
>>
File: lauraarc.png (499 KB, 1026x577) Image search: [Google]
lauraarc.png
499 KB, 1026x577
This relies knowledge about the Infinite Stratos anime, another reason why using characters other than my own is a bad idea. I would not recommend watching that show in a thousand years, unless you are suffering from diabetes and think (the) generic harem stupidity can cure it. Anyway, the gist of it is that there’s the guy called Ichika Orimura. He’s the main character and incredibly dense, often compared by fans to a neutral star. This might be because he’s the only guy in an academy full of violent, jealous women capable of wearing mecha flight suits (the titular Infinite Stratos). Having said that, some of the antics he gets up to are truly ludicrous. For example, mistaking a date for a shopping trip, choosing his attractive older sister over his harem (understandable in a way, but still), unintentionally being a hypocrite when he talks about romance etc. There are probably more. I am not going back to rewatch to find out.

Laura is part of his harem in the show, but she’s merely a friend to Ichika in the quest. Her arc would revolve around helping Ichika resolve his harem troubles, which would in turn convince her to agree to Tatsuya’s harem resolution.

Infinite Stratos is one of those animes I’ve spent too much time thinking about. You can tell, because I actually bothered typing a greentext story for this.

It's very long, by the way.
>>
>Be me, Laura Bodewig, best IS pilot in the world and sixth member of the Party of Thirteen.
>In love with my leader Tatsuya Aragaki
>Constantly call him wife, climb into his bed when I can.
>That’s what lovers do, right?
>My fellow lady party members except Syoko and Souji also love him.
>Get into fights over him. It’s extremely infuriating, but I won’t lose.
>Especially to Koshimizu. Never to her.
>Be very persistent. It’s all in the name of love so it’s okay.
>Go to his school. Perform talks at IS Academy in my spare time.
>Have this friend Ichika. He’s the only IS Pilot in the world.
>Worried about him being the only male in an academy full of women, often ask him if he’s doing okay.
>He says yes all the time so I’m reassured.
>Ichika has this core group of four friends: Houki, Rin, Cecilia and Charlotte.
>Had an embarrassing phase where I acted arrogantly towards them and slapped Ichika on the cheek
>Also called Rin and Cecilia sluts (in more refined words)
>Thankfully we’ve buried the hatchet together
>Very good friends with Charlotte, she gave me these cute cat pajamas.
>Hated them at first but got used to them over time. Never heard the end of it from Koshimizu, though.
>The four are like what the rest of the party is to Tatsuya.
>No way would they ever hurt Ichika.
>Be very reassured.
>Have fun with IS friends and leave as usual.
>Life goes on as normal.
>One day, be roped into performing a play for charity.
>It’s Romeo and Juliet, of all plays.
>Tatsuya says backing out isn’t an option.
>Massive fight breaks out over to be Juliet.
>Myde, our chosen director, showers all us girls with water and tells us Kazuya is going to be Romeo.
>nope.jpg
>Eventually Syoko is chosen as Juliet.
>Not bad, they make a cute couple.
>Betting pool is still going strong.
>Practice with party, I’m Lady Capulet.
>Actually quite fun.
>Realize halfway we don’t have enough actors.
>>
>Realize halfway we don’t have enough actors.
>Get the idea to invite some of my IS friends. They did Cinderella last year and it was a hit on the Internet.
>Everyone asks me for proof, show them video.
>They all look concerned for some reason.
“Why is that guy being attacked with a sword? That’s got to be fake.”
>Of course it is Souji.
“Is that a sniper rifle? That was a real round, wasn’t it?”
>What? No. It’s all props and special effects.
“Hey, that orange-haired girl is protecting the prince with a shield. She’s nice. Wait, why is he being electrocuted?”
>Charlotte is great, I agree. Ichika is also excellent at faking death, as you can see.
>Everyone raises complaints, debate about whether real weapons were used.
>Feel a little suspicious, but shrug it off.
>End up having Ichika and Charlotte over.
>Ask him how IS academy is going, he answers the same as usual.
>His reply seems hollow for some reason, ignore it.
>We practice together and put on a good show.
>Show takes place in the Tokyo Dome, Syoko nearly dies of stage fright.
>Kazuya and Sachiko manage to pull her together.
>Everyone except Kazuya and Syoko: all_according_to_keikaku.png
>Performance begins, resounding success.
>High-fives and parties all around.

>Many months pass, move into the mansion Koshimizu built for Tatsuya
>Finding her cure in the Underworld was a nightmare.
>Can’t help but think about what my friends said about Ichika.
>Try to ignore it again, because there’s no way Houki and the others would ever hurt him
>I trust them
>Right?
>Can’t stop it, curiosity grows and grows.
>End up having to ask STREUM to hack into IS Academy databases and steal their video recordings.
>Watch all the parts about Ichika.
>See his female friends hitting him, verbally abusing him and making his life a living hell.
>What no
>>
>>44329067
>Myde, our chosen director, showers all us girls with water and tells us Kazuya is going to be Romeo.
>nope.jpg
>Eventually Syoko is chosen as Juliet.
>Not bad, they make a cute couple.
You're a good friend, Myde.
>>
>Houki, don’t attack him with your katana.
>Cecilia, why are you shooting him with Blue Tears?
>Rin, don’t break down his dorm wall with your IS!
>Charlotte, what’s with whose Ayase like eyes?
>STOP
>It never ends
>See Ichika’s resolve weaken with each playback
>Realize they all had been hiding it from me this whole time
>Ichika was too emotionally damaged or scared to tell me
>I can’t tell if the other girls are actively being malicious or oblivious of their own evil
>Words cannot express my disgust
>Massive rage, head down to the virtual training room and destroy everything in sight
>Once the dust clears, realize that the girls’ behavior is no different to mine
>I’ve been acting the same to Tatsuya as well
>Hurting him, physically and spiritually
>Being a complete idiot and getting in the way of his life
>Wonder how he feels about it
>He couldn’t choose between us, so he had to play the fool to keep the status quo
>He must have been so conflicted I can’t possibly imagine
>Fall into depression
>End up confronting STREUM and Six at dinner over at their place
>Ask about the harem situation and whether or not Tatsuya was really in pain
>They say yes
>Fears confirmed
>So that’s it, then.
>I never realized my leader and the man I love was hurting all this time, for a whole year no less
>I ignored my friend’s silent pleas for help, who was always in danger at his own home base
>I am an awful person and an even worse friend.
>>
File: laura_focused.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laura_focused.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>Depression continues for a weeks
>Lose all energy
>Sit in my room all day, don’t go to school
>Tatsuya, Kazuya and the rest of the girls ask me if I’m alright
>I can’t face them
>Tell them to go away
>One day Kazuya kicks down the door
>Grabs me by the neck and yells at me to tell him what the hell is wrong with me
>Push him away, he pushes back
>Toss him out the window, he grabs on the way down
>We get into a fight, Gray Soul against Schwarzer Regen II
>I lose as expected
>We start chatting afterwards
>It’s nice, wonder why we don’t this more often
>End up telling him about Ichika and my guilt
>He looks surprised then spills the beans about a plan to resolve Tatsuya's harem
>Feel like I should be a lot more angry that he's been hiding this from me, but I just feel sad
>He grabs me by the shoulders and yells at me
>“You’re going to mope around all day? What happened to the Laura who never gave up? The Laura who fought to protect her comrades at the IS Academy, even when down one arm and only with a single sword for a weapon?”
>Realize I’m being a fool, become determined again
>Resolve to atone for my sins
>But how?
>Kazuya brings up Ichika in conversation
>Good idea, I’ll make him become stronger so that he can deal with all the awful shenanigans back at the academy
>Invite him over to our house
>Don’t go to IS Academy in person, I might say something I later regret
>Tatsuya later scolds us for ruining the garden
>>
>He arrives, everyone welcomes him with open arms
>See him visibly flinch when he notices six out of the eight occupants are girls, tries to hide it
>It almost makes my heart shatter
>Look at Tatsuya and nod
>We drag him to my room with Kazuya
>Sit down on the floor
>Tatsuya tells Ichika he doesn’t have to hide it anymore
>“What are you saying, Aragaki-san? I’m fine.”
>Feel angry at myself again, Tatsuya tells him firmly that it’s okay
>“You shouldn’t hide your true feelings. We won’t laugh at you or think you’re weak.”
>Ichika’s façade crumbles little by little
>Eventually bursts into tears and starts sobbing about how hard it is living in an academy full of violent women and how nobody understands
>Tatsuya grabs his shoulders and tells him that, yes, he does understand
>The two of them start crying together
>Kazuya looks a bit embarrassed, but pats both of them on the back
>Orders me to get out so they can have some ‘manly bonding time’
>I obey

>Have Ichika visit Law for a checkup
>Takes a few days, results aren’t good
>He has minor brain damage and is emotionally scarred as well
>Have STREUM take a look into his history
>Ichika’s entire past is one of getting beaten up by women, starting from being kidnapped by female-only IS terrorists as a child
>“Man Laura, I’m surprised this friend of yours hasn’t become a misogynist. I wouldn’t blame him if he was, either.”
>Law suggests he created his mask of denseness to hide the fact that he was suffering inside
>It’s going to take a while for him to recover
>Don’t go to sleep that night
>Too busy whacking training dummies with a wooden sword
>Regret life decisions once again
>>
>>44329171
Being Laura is suffering.
>>
>>44329171
>>Tatsuya grabs his shoulders and tells him that, yes, he does understand
>>The two of them start crying together

I am laughing and crying
>>
>>44329171
Being a harem protagonist is hell
>>
>Begin Ichika’s training, teach him kendo, IS handling, weapons training and general fitness
>His lessons at the academy were stunted, he has to relearn a lot of things
>Masters the techniques I teach him very quickly
>My hypothesis, he is the same type of guy as Tatsuya
>He wasn’t able to reach his full potential due to his environment
>Actually have to put in effort when I fight him after a while

>Girls back at IS Academy send me messages asking where Ichika is
>Have STREUM set up a firewall around the mansion blocking them out
>No interferences
>Kazuya and Tatsuya join in the training as well, offer to teach him a bit of CQC as well
>Also take Ichika to Myde and Souji to boost his confidence and stop him from being such a doormat all the time
>The damage is clear though
>Every time he messes up in front of one of us girls he reflexively cowers like we’re going to hit him
>We have to come together and convince him that we’re not going to hurt him
>In downtime tell Ichika to have fun
>Watching movies, playing games, eating out together, listening to the party’s stories, touring Megiddo City that sort of thing
>I accompany him most of the time
>It’s a slow process, but he starts to recover
>Jokes more, acts more assertive, grows to be quite handsome
>If I didn’t already love Tatsuya I’d probably have fallen for him
>Kazuya asks what my end goal is
>I reply the strongest person in the IS Academy is the student council president
>So Ichika has to grow strong enough to beat her, then he’ll truly stand at the top
>Even if he loses he’ll gain the respect of the others and won’t be a piece of man meat for them to lust over
>He asks me how I’m going to deal with the academy when I’m done
>“Do you hate the other girls for what they’ve done to Ichika?”
>Tempted to say yes, I hate them completely
>But rationality takes hold and I have to admit they’re probably really, really misguided
>>
>Well they sort of were but they weren’t entirely aware of how much they were hurting him
>It’s mostly their fault but not entirely
>I used to act like an idiot too
>As heroes it’s our duty to set them on the right path
>Kazuya asks if I’m going to forgive them
>I don’t know
>Three months pass
>It’s finally done
>Ichika is able to put a good fight against me
>His heart has grown stronger too
>He’s going to trounce the rest of the girls
>I can’t wait

>Travel back to IS Academy with Ichika
>He looks nervous, can’t blame him
>Knows I’m brimming with rage, pleads me not to get too angry at everyone
>Even after all they’ve done to him, after all this time, he still considers them his friends
>He’s truly a good person
>They don’t deserve him
>Still very pissed off though
>Enter the building, go up on stage
>Everyone swarms Ichika when he comes with me, bile rising in throat
>Ichika tells everyone we have a speech to make
>Go up on stage
>See hundreds of smiling faces, Chifuyu gives me the word and tells me to speak
>Take a deep breath
>Immediately launch into a huge speech about how I am disappointed in the academy
>Point fingers at literally everyone
>Tell them all about Ichika’s suffering, give lots of examples
>Is it okay to abuse a man just because you’re a woman? No.
>If the positions were reversed the world would be calling for blood
>Their behavior is shameful, disgraceful, reprehensible and a lot of other mean words I read in the dictionary
>Guilt levels off the chart
>Do this for hours, very cathartic
>Someone in the crowd begs for me to stop, I yell at them to shut up and continue listening
>The staff go white
>The students are crying enough tears to fill a salt mine
>Good, it’s what they deserve
>>
File: 5.png (177 KB, 268x247) Image search: [Google]
5.png
177 KB, 268x247
>>44329254
>>Someone in the crowd begs for me to stop, I yell at them to shut up and continue listening
>>
>Chifuyu can’t take any more of my ranting and tries to grab the microphone from here
>Excellent, I need to give her some choice words as well
>“You’re a failure as an older sister, Chifuyu Orimura!”
>Incredible shock, clearly she’s not used to being talked back like this
>Get into a huge argument with her in front of everybody
>Show her a Powerpoint Tatsuya, STREUM and I made, it’s full of evidence to back up my claims
>Reveal that if it weren’t for our previous friendship I would have called child services on her
>Argue some more, I win in the end
>The only words she can utter are surrender
>Storm off stage
>Houki and the other girls follow me
>They try to apologize
>“It’s not me you should be apologizing to, it’s Ichika!”
>Tell them I am in a very bad mood right now
>Leave them in the dust
>At least they’re clearly horrified at what they’ve done
>Ichika will probably forgive them, he’s a good guy like that
>As for me, I’m going to keep a close eye on them and see if they repent for their sins
>Maybe if they put on good behavior and stop treating Ichika like a chew toy, we can be friends again
>Not now though, I’m still mad at them
>In any case mission accomplished

>Return home, flush with success
>Feel glad knowing that Ichika will be okay now
>He’s strong enough to deal with all the girls at the academy now
>They won’t dare to underestimate him
>He’s fighting the student council president in a few days, eagerly anticipate the match
>Suddenly realize I need to deal with Tatsuya next
>Feel sad again
>I helped Ichika but it’s not going to undo all the things I did in the past
>Remember them all, feel even worse now
>Suddenly Kazuya
>Asks me to come with him
>Brings me up to the mansion rooftop
>Tatsuya is waiting for me with a big smile
>Hatoko, Kurumi and Koshimizu are there as well
>Wait what
>>
File: Laura_kiss.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Laura_kiss.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>No no no no
>I’m not ready for this yet
>Blush like a fool, can’t get my words out properly
>He steps forward and caresses my cheeks
>Tells me that he loves me
>He loves the other girls as well, but his love for us is all equal
>Asks me to stay by his side forever
>I…
>I would’ve given anything to hear those words months ago
>All I feel now is remorse
>It’s too much, I break down on the spot
“I’ve done so many terriblethings to you, Tatsuya. I saw every bit of my past self in Houki and the others. Knowing that…do I really deserve to love you?”
>He hugs me
“I forgive you, Laura. You don’t have to be afraid anymore.”
>Cry like never before
>Prostrate before him.
“I…I’ll never be able to repay this debt to you, Tatsuya! Thank you so much!”
>He picks me up and kisses me on the lips
>It’s beyond anything like I expected
>Complete bliss
>Can hear Kazuya chuckling in the background, don’t care
>Wish this moment would last forever.
“Silly Laura. Lovers don’t have to repay each other. Like I said, all you have to do is stay with me.”
>This time, I kiss him.
>It’s a cheesy line, but I don’t care
>Good grief, he’s so charming I can’t help myself
>It’s why I fell in love with him, after all.

Yup, definitely spent too much time. Still, out of all the arcs for the give girls, Laura's was the one I looked forward to writing the most.
>>
>>44329326
And now we come to the one the readers looked forward to the least. Ayase.
>>
[AYASE’S ARC (ELIMINATION)]

So, the final main girl arc. Dealing with a yandere and trying to get to her to share her man. You can see how this might be difficult. Ideally, this would’ve be done after all the other four girls have been convinced, but I would’ve let the players attempt this at any time.

While we’re talking about Ayase, had I still been writing Harem Bro Quest, I would’ve tried to make her more likeable as a character. Throw in a couple of scenes interacting with the girls in non-violent ways, her friends outside the party, showing off her interests, dislikes and generally what makes her human. I even half-wrote up a piece where Ayase reconciles with Ophis, but since the quest is over I can’t really post it. Looks like she’ll remain as a complete bitch in the eyes of the players. It’s very unfortunate.

Getting back on topic, the best way to resolve Ayase’s arc would be to have all the available girls, Kazuya and Tatsuya gang up on Ayase at once. The players would then have to pass a series of persuasion checks. Sort of like the ending to Old World Blues. The more girls there are, the easier the task becomes. If all went well, it would lead up to one last check with Tatsuya and Kazuya. Succeeding in that and Ayase would’ve been fully convinced. Cue romance scene and kissing. Throughout it all, bits and pieces of Ayase’s past would be revealed, most notably why exactly she became so yandere in the first place. Note: I haven’t actually written her backstory. The main idea is that she endured training hellish enough to make her violent and bloodthirsty. In between said training, she visited Tatsuya’s family and came to rely on him for support. A little too much, in fact, to the point where she developed an obsession with him.
>>
File: 1429743394614.jpg (30 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
1429743394614.jpg
30 KB, 680x382
If Kazuya really pushed Ayase’s buttons (like seriously pissed her off), then she would react very violently. She would trap him inside her Reality Marble and then try to kill him. Standard boss fight with a fellow party member would ensue. Since /tg/ hates Ayase and losing, Kazuya would inevitably win. There would be one last check to forgive her. If that failed, intentionally or not, then Ayase would be officially kicked out of the harem. She’d probably have a breakdown (realizing that what she felt wasn’t true love after all) and disappear from Megiddo City for the rest of the quest, only reappearing at critical moments in the plot.

If Ayase is forgiven, then she agrees to the harem plan after some gentle persuasion from Tatsuya. Kazuya and the rest of the girls would act cold towards her, but time would break the ice.

And that’s it for the five girls. Next up we’ll examine the two auxiliary arcs: Ophis and the Silver Queen.
>>
File: 1401425957921.jpg (425 KB, 1125x1600) Image search: [Google]
1401425957921.jpg
425 KB, 1125x1600
[OPHIS]

This wasn’t meant to be a full arc like the five girls or Syoko. It was more of me wanting to write a cute immortal dragon girl doing cute immortal dragon girl things in the modern human world. So it would involve things like…

>Ayase taking Ophis to go shopping for new clothes, the latter questioning why humans don’t stock gothic lolita outfits in regular stores.
>Ophis proclaiming that she is greater than all the five girls combined…on worldwide TV.
>Chatting with Syoko over the Underworld and reminiscing about a young Azazel.
>Challenging humanity to cook a meal that can satisfy an immortal dragon goddess.
>Putting out the idea that she is basically a second mother to Tatsuya and waiting to see how everyone reacts.
>Being intrigued by all the fascinating human technology
>Judging all the girls as their worth as Tatsuya's future wives, Syoko included

Less plot-relevant and more of an intermission. Maybe I shouldn’t have included.

Ophis and Kazuya would ideally bond, should the players decide to do so. I said that finishing both special Co-operation Links would be necessary to get the best ending, but in hindsight I might have taken that back. Mostly because the ending to this quest doesn’t have a ‘true best’ ending, but rather two equally viable endings. Which of the two is ‘better’ is up to personal choice. Sorry, everyone!

Guess this quest had unneeded and flawed mechanics as well.
>>
So, the enigmatic Silver Queen whom I had been building up over the last few threads, only to drop the quest and write Persona 2129 instead. A princess of the Underworld, daughter of Azazel Lucifuge, master of almighty magic. Name: Irinora Dantalian Lucifuge. Human alias: Takane Shijou, idol of 765 Productions. She was designed as the demon counterpart to Tatsuya, possessing her own party and similar powers. The two are actually almost equal in strength, both individually and the strength of their parties. If Tatsuya and Irinora fought, Tatsuya eventually would win, but not before sustaining severe wounds and destroying half of Megiddo City.

This will be a long segment as I sort of need to explain Irinora’s backstory. It may not the best written backstory, but whatever here we go.

There is a barrier dividing the demon world and the human world. Constructed over five hundred years ago, it completely seals off the two worlds, to the point where no information can be exchanged between them. The human world quickly forgot about it, but the demons never did.

Years before the invasion, the demons found a way to weaken the barrier, to allow a single soldier to pass through. Since the humans would be their enemies, they decided to send someone there to investigate. That agent’s role would be to scouting out the human world and find its weaknesses. After much debate, Irinora was given the task. She was a loyal daughter of Azazel and accepted without hesitation. She devised the alias Takane Shijou and used it to infiltrate human society, posing as a young, rich but somewhat scatterbrained noblewoman.
>>
>>44329509
Eh, Ophis was cute, I don't think anyone would have minded spending more time with her. I always liked the idea of her and Kazuya getting along well. He's Tatsuya's best friend, Ophis lives in Tatsuya's soul, it makes sense that she'd have a soft spot for the human that cares so much for her host.
>>
Humans are not very well treated in the Underworld. They are considered to be the lowest of the low, only fit to become slaves or servants. Occasionally a human with potential such as Kurumi may appear, but they are only occur every one hundred years and are heavily discriminated against by the higher-ups. Irinora entered the human world with this mindset. Though she did not despise humanity like some of her peers, she considered them weak and creatures to be feel pity towards.

To say that she was surprised would be a massive understatement. Her culture shock could have destroyed her father in an instant. No, she realized, humans are not feeble at all. After watching the little electrical box called a television and seeing wars, murder, politics, riots and death she would not call humanity weak. Stupid, maybe. They seemed very efficient at killing themselves. So what would happen if they had a common enemy to unite against? That’s not even getting into their superior technology, a sharp contrast to the medieval-like conditions of the underworld. Clean water, electricity, medicine, genetic engineering and their entire history of modern weaponry—firearms, enchanted weapons, gun-girls and nuclear bombs. It made her sick to her very core.

Demons had their own brand of powerful magic, some of which the humans had never encountered before. But what would happen if the two races were to go against each other? Irinora concluded that the demons would gain the advantage of surprise, but the tides would turn against them as all of humanity would stand together to destroy a common foe. She was especially concerned about certain individuals she had met, ones with ‘potential’. They all had large amounts of willpower and the winds of fate seemed to be blowing in their direction (basically main characters). Takane Shijou’s Producer was one of these characters. He was a non-combatant, but what about the ones who could put up a good fight? How far would they grow if pushed?
>>
What really killed her motivation to carry out her initial duty, however, was the love she began to feel for her fellow idols. To put it briefly, she went from ‘I’ll mingle with these inferior creatures and use them to gain connections in humanity’ to ‘Maybe these humans aren’t so bad after all’ then ‘These girls are all my friends and finally ‘Oh gods if our invasion succeeds they will die horrible deaths. I want to protect them from that. The mask has become too real and I actually meant my promise to become top idols with them all. We’ve bonded so well together I consider them part of my family. No no no, what do I do?’ . Out of all of Azazel’s children, Irinora had been one of the kindest and most accepting. This trait of hers had come to bite her in the behind.

The human world was also full of information about dictatorships, totalitarian states and their flaws. Irinora quickly devoured the knowledge and hungered for more. It wasn’t before long that she began to have strange and deviant thoughts. Thoughts like…
>I can bring back the technology here to improve the life of the commoners in the Underworld
>My father’s regime has a lot of flaws
>The nobles have too much power and the peasants have too little
>There is too much unnecessary suffering back at home
>Is my father really great a demon as I was led to believe?
>He is actually a real tyrant, now that I think about it.
>With this knowledge, I could do a better job than any of my father’s generals
>I could do a better job that the Demon Lord himself

>My father needs to be removed from his post
>I should be the ruler instead

This all occurred over a five year period. Another thing that made Irinora curious: human mortality. They had criminally short lifespans compared to demons, yet how could they live with so much energy? The time she spent in the human world was a mere drop in the pond in her lifespan, but it was a whole 1/20th of a human’s one.
>>
File: 1425332021337.jpg (132 KB, 808x928) Image search: [Google]
1425332021337.jpg
132 KB, 808x928
Another thing that made Irinora curious: human mortality. They had criminally short lifespans compared to demons, yet how could they live with so much energy? The time she spent in the human world was a mere drop in the pond in her lifespan, but it was a whole 1/20th of a human’s one.

In the end, her heart was swayed. She no longer desired to destroy humanity. Instead, she resolved to become the next ruler of the Underworld. Trouble is, she couldn’t exactly try and assassinate Azazel; examples led by others had proven it to be impossible. She instead decided to let the demon invasion take place as usual and hope humanity would kill him off. To assist this, she would search for a human with the highest amount of ‘potential’ and help him behind the scenes, while also putting up a façade of a devoted demon princess. These plans were only disclosed to her inner circle and nobody else. She also endeavored to limit the amount of demon casualties as possible. It wasn’t an ideal situation. She’s rather prefer not to go to war at all, but it was inevitable and simple-mindedly obeying Azazel’s commands would yield no reward at all.

She eventually found one in Tatsuya. She attacked his party numerous times, testing his potential and whether or not he could truly be the one to slay Azazel. Once she was satisfied, she set up events so that Kurumi and Syoko would find their way towards Tatsuya and join his party. She also trained Hatoko in almighty magic during the standard training montage before the final battle. That’s what the $chan users had been discussing in Thread 8. When Irinora and Hatoko met in the standard final boss dungeon, they dueled for a while and then talked for a bit. Irinora congratulated Hatoko’s progress and told her a few weaknesses in the dungeon’s design. Then she left. Since Irinora had cast a silence spell around the area before the confrontation, there was no audio recording available and the world assumed Hatoko had simply talked Irinora down.
>>
>>44329657
The $chan users were a real fun addition.
>>
File: 1424206749798.jpg (111 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1424206749798.jpg
111 KB, 800x800
Once Azazel was killed, the Underworld fell into civil war as many factions struggled to fill in the power vacuum. Irinora’s was the largest and she was determined to see her campaign through to the end.

That’s basically what Irinora’s arc would revolve around. She would solicit the help of the party in exchange for the Underworld’s resources and promise of a future alliance. This was another thing I didn’t really flesh out due to me not working on the quest any longer. I might as well list some of the ideas that were bouncing around at the time…

>Offering to the trade for human technology. Not just weaponry, but things like water filtration systems, crop growing techniques, electricity generators, very simple computers and methods of transport like bicycles. Remember that the Underworld was in medieval stages and even technology fifty years out of date for the humans would be seen as amazing down there. In return, Irinora’s party would give Tatsuya’s party stuff like Underworld-exclusive healing magic, potions, ingredients and scrolls.
>Asking Syoko to return to the Underworld. Syoko became famous as a princess who stood up to the Tyrant Azazel and her presence would inspire hope for the common masses.
>Helping the party find Sachiko’s cure in exchange for a future favor.
>Gathering the demon refugees in the human world and bringing them back to the Underworld.
>Using Kurumi and Syoko to sway the party into assisting her.
>Lots of politics
>>
File: 1427253127980.jpg (174 KB, 799x903) Image search: [Google]
1427253127980.jpg
174 KB, 799x903
There would also be bits about her interactions with Kazuya and Syoko. For the former, she would be curious of Tatsuya’s second-in-command. For the latter, let’s just say that Irinora is protective of the members of her family who aren’t murderous psychopaths (all the time). She is Syoko’s half-sister, after all. They didn’t visit each other a lot, but Irinora does care for Syoko. Those parts would essentially be Kazuya dealing with his future in-laws. Irinora might even become attracted to Kazuya, hence the bit about Silver Queen NTR I wrote in Persona 2129 Quest. She would back off once she saw how well Kazuya and Syoko’s relationship was progressing (if at all).

And that’s it for Irinora. Since she wasn’t really featured in the quest, I might use her name again for a different character in a future quest. We’ll see.

Syoko stuff soon.
>>
>>44329684
Sounds fun. Though like you said, it kinds of eclipses the original intent for the quest, I can see why you wouldn't want to go through with it.
>>
>>44329721
>Takane liking anyone except Producer
That's crazy talk.
>>
Syoko and Kazuya
This is the part you’ve all been waiting for. Our favourite berserker mushroom princess waifu, Syoko Hoshi. Or rather, Shouko Mithras Lucifuge, daughter of Lillian Mithras Lucifuge and Demon Lord Azazel. The last time we left off, we had discovered nasty letters in her shoe box which led to the revelation of her status as a demon princess of the Underworld. The party then began to investigate the perpetrators behind said letters, only to discover that they were written by fellow students at their school.

You may have noticed that I wrote ‘End of Syoko Act 1’ in the thread before the intermission. This is because Syoko was meant to develop as a character over the course of the quest. I wanted to explore how she would deal with a world that more or less hated her guts. Because humanity had just recently gotten back from fighting a war against demons, after all. She may have turned against her family, but it doesn’t change the fact that Syoko is a demon herself. It’s understandable why some of the more paranoid parts of humanity would despise her on principle. Not that their behavior is to be excused, as Tatsuya and the rest of the party would say.

Her arcs, which were supposed to occur between the main girls' arcs, were more things I didn’t fully plan out, but the gist was that Syoko was meant to…
>Stop relying on her friends all the time
>Become more confident and learn to have faith in herself, to the point where she could personally chew out those who lambasted her public
>Learn how to act in the public eye
>Interact with human society and show her kind, caring side. Her public opinion would gradually change.
>Help out the demons refugees left behind when the invasion ended
>Take or reject her responsibility as a princess of the Underworld. This would tie in with Irinora’s arc. Whatever Syoko’s choice was, Irinora would respect it.
>>
File: 40041114.jpg (434 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
40041114.jpg
434 KB, 700x800
And of course, Kazuya and Syoko’s relationship would deepen from normal friends to lovers. I only chose to do this after I saw how much the players liked her. It made sense in a sort of meta way. Harem shows sometimes have this girl who isn’t attracted to the MC. So who does she fall in love in the end? The MC’s best bro seems like a good choice. An example of this is the side couple in Nisekoi (don’t read it, it’s shit)

Mind you, their relationship would have progressed quite slowly. This is partly because Kazuya would’ve been busy with resolving Tatsuya’s harem and partly because neither of the two have much experience with romance. Syoko was a shut-in for most of her childhood and Kazuya simply didn’t care about girls before he went on his big adventure. It was also supposed to be the opposite of the ‘quick’ attraction girls in harem shows have towards the MC. I might be wrong about this, however.

Did you know I have little experience in writing romance? Some parts are going to seem especially cheesy and cringeworthy. I won’t blame you if you think my writing is shit afterwards.
>>
File: 43960087_p5.png (280 KB, 489x612) Image search: [Google]
43960087_p5.png
280 KB, 489x612
Kazuya and Syoko were going to have a number of little shipping moments over the course of the quest. For example…
>Eating crepes and going shopping together
>Playing the crane game and winning a doll (because this always happens in anime)
>Doing that charity stage play. Tatsuya would’ve been really insistent on performing, but the players would’ve been given the chance to change his mind. If the chosen play was Romeo and Juliet, Kazuya would’ve been Romeo and Syoko would’ve been Juliet. Kazuya and Sachiko would then have to deal with Syoko’s stage fright. (They wouldn’t kiss though, only pretend to much to everyone’s disappointment)
>Talking about Syoko’s life in the Underworld and reminiscing about their respective pasts
>Finding themselves in situations when the two of them are alone, due to the machinations of the rest of the party. This is one of the only times Laura and Sachiko would willingly work with each other.
>Reconciling with Irinora. Would lead to a bunch of cute, sisterly scenes between the two demon princesses. May also result in Irinora asking if Syoko would like to help her rule the Underworld.
>Kazuya accidentally walking in on Syoko in the shower.

The last one actually has a bit of plot relevance. To go into more detail about the above, Kazuya would get tricked by Kurumi and enter the bathroom in the new mansion. He would see Syoko, fully naked. Now, there’s a reason why Kazuya was never attracted to the five main girls. It’s because his strike zone mainly consists of petite, flat-chested girls. So Syoko is literally the perfect girl for him (physically). The rest of the party is well aware of this, mainly because Tatsuya told them.
>>
File: 36214551.jpg (238 KB, 820x900) Image search: [Google]
36214551.jpg
238 KB, 820x900
Depending on how the players rolled, Kazuya would react in certain ways. If a nat 20, he could compose himself and coolly exit the bathroom as if nothing had happened. Then he would probably go and try to calm his raging stiffy. If a normal roll, he’d get a nosebleed, try to cover it up and awkwardly leave. If a nat 1 was rolled, he’d collapse on the spot and then…

>“K-Kazuya? Are you alright?”
>“Wait, Syoko! Don’t come close to me. If you do, I’ll—”
>“Eeeek! You’re bleeding, Kazuya! Are you unconscious too? Oh no, somebody help!”

Then the other girls would give him funny looks for the rest of the day.
>“...”
>“ Be careful, Syoko. Kazuya is quite dangerous”
>“I didn’t think Kazuya-kun was the type to do that…”
>“Our theories were correct, but did it really happen in that way? As if Tatsuya wasn’t enough…”

In any case, after this incident Kazuya would start to see Syoko as a woman and not just a friend.

Fast forward a few more threads until after the fourth girl (likely Laura) and before the last girl (likely Ayase). Kazuya would begin to have strange thoughts like…
>Why can’t I look Syoko in the eye these days? We were fine before, right?
>Why did I get angry when those guys at school started fawning over her? Was I actually jealous back then?
>It gets seriously awkward when we’re together alone.
>Am I denying part of myself? Am I acting like bro?
>Shit, do I actually like Syoko? Not ‘like’ as friend, but more than that?

Tatsuya, who has made out with four girls thus far, would have to beat Kazuya around the head and explain that, yes, he does like Syoko as a lover. Now go and confess to her before their collective spaghetti starts clogging up the kitchen sink drain.
>>
>>44329857
>Kazuya was never attracted to the five main girls. It’s because his strike zone mainly consists of petite, flat-chested girls. So Syoko is literally the perfect girl for him (physically).
A man of refined taste.
>>
>>44329888
>before their collective spaghetti starts clogging up the kitchen sink drain.

I don't wanna hear this shit from Tatfuckingsuya
>>
File: MAQJd.png (106 KB, 395x324) Image search: [Google]
MAQJd.png
106 KB, 395x324
>>44329898
Gonna have to agree with you there.
>>
>>44329923
When Tatsuya is the one telling Kazuya to man up and acknowledge his feelings, you know something has gone horribly wrong.
>>
File: 49651630_p3_master1200.jpg (563 KB, 752x938) Image search: [Google]
49651630_p3_master1200.jpg
563 KB, 752x938
Meanwhile, Sachiko has said to exact same thing to Syoko. Both would rush to find the other and end up smashing their foreheads together in their haste. And knowing how awkward the two when it comes to romance, they’d likely confess to each other at the same time.

Note: I have never written a love confession before.

>“Oww…oh, Syoko. Good timing. I need to, uh, talk to you about something.”
>“R-really? Wow, what a co-incidence. I have something I need to talk about you too.”
>“Oh, that’s cool. Really. Um, let’s hear it.”
>“Kazuya…you go first.”
>“Nah, you can do it.”
>“Why?”
>“Because what I’m about to say is a bit embarrassing for me. Sorry.”
>“Well, it’s embarrassing for me too!”
>“Can you go first anyway?”
>“No!”
>“So what are we supposed to do, then? Scissors paper rock?”
>“W-we’ll just have to say what we want at the same time!”
>“Won’t our words mix together and we won’t be able to hear a thing?”
>“I…I don’t care. We’re doing it right now!”
>“Okay okay, on a count of three.”
>“1…”
>“…2…”
>“…3…”
>“Syoko, for a long time I’ve liked you more than just a normal friend! I didn’t know what to call that feeling, so I allowed myself to remain oblivious to it. But I’ve only realized how much to mean to me. I can’t imagine a life without you. There’s no question about what this is. I love you, Syoko! Please let me be your boyfriend!”
>“Kazuya, you’ve always been there for me, ever since the day I joined the party. When I was sad, you comforted me. When I was happy, you shared my joy. I wouldn’t have come this far if it weren’t for your support. Seeing Tatsuya and the girls has made me understand. I want to be more than just your friend. I want to stay by your side forever. I love you Kazuya and I want to be your girlfriend, so let’s go on a date together!”
>“…”
>“…”
>“Ah…”
>“Uh…”
>“What did you just say?”
>“I could ask you the same question! K-Kazuya…I…ah…ooh…”
>THUMP.
>“Hey, Syoko? Are you alright? Get up, Syoko!”
>>
>>44329979
Adorable.
>>
I can't help but wonder if Kazuya would have had arcs of his own issues being resolved/character development of his own (BESIDES "man the fuck up and kiss the Syoko" from the Tatsuya).
>>
File: 43913510.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
43913510.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
Once Syoko had recovered from fainting, the two would reaffirm each other’s love and then kiss. Just like Tatsuya and the other girls.

Still awkward though.

>“I…I missed!”
>“What? You kissed me on the cheek. That’s what couples do, right?”
>“No! If I told Sachiko that, she’d be disappointed in me. We have to do it with our mouths.”
>“Wait, hold on, I don’t think I’m ready for this yet.”
>“This is what Tatsuya and the other girls do all the time! Boyfriends and girlfriends”
>“Oh yeah. But aren’t kisses on the cheek supposed to go first? That’s what Hatoko and the others did first.”
>“I’m doing it now! Here I go!”
>“Syoko, what are you—mmmph…”

End of Syoko’s final arc. Kazuya and Syoko walk down to the living room where everyone is waiting. Tatuysa is the first to speak.

>“So, how did go?”
>“It’s obvious, ain’t it.”
>“Actually, no it isn’t. please tell us.”
>“Fine. Bro, we’re boyfriend and girlfriend now.”
>“It’s wonderful. Thank you, all of you!”

Massive cheers all around.
>“Congrulations, Kazuya-kun, Syoko-chan! I’m so happy for both of you!”
>“You two make a cute couple.”
“All according to plan, ufufufu. Enjoy your happiness.”
“About time. We were wondering when the two of you would hook up.”
“I have nothing to say except for this: well done! We have to tell everyone about this!”

Party time, everyone shows up. The adults get drunk, Tatsuya and Kazuya do some manly bonding, the girls offer Syoko advice about dates and girl stuff. Lastly, Courier Six rakes in the mad dosh from the betting pool.

Thus begins Kazuya and Syoko’s (disgustingly) adorable relationship as lovers. It gets to the point where the girls on board with the harem plan get jealous that the two of them can openly display their affection in the house.

>“Get a room, you two!”
>>
>>44329999
Well, if we did see the future we turned evil in, we would have had to deal with it. So that probably would be an arc too.
>>
>>44329999
Probably, yes. He could have dealt with his berserker anger management issues, his desire for battle, what heroes are supposed to do once the war is over etc. This is another thing I regret: not giving Kazuya enough character development. At the time I thought a quest's main character was an extension of the players and therefore didn't need much development. It was very wrong of me to think that. At least Takashi doesn't seem to be heading down the same path.

Depending on the player’s choices, Kazuya and Syoko decide to make their relationship public or keep it a secret for a bit longer. Either way, Irinora finds out and pays them a visit.

>“I heard Shouko had found herself a lover. To think it was you, of all people. Are you aware of our traditions, Kazuya Narukami?”

Note: I haven’t actually written the traditions of Underworld nobility. Also, cue the heavy scrutinizing from Kazuya’s future sister-in-law.

Then the final arc begins.
>>
File: ouroboros_sama1.jpg (58 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros_sama1.jpg
58 KB, 800x450
One night, Kazuya goes to the local park to take a walk. He reminisces about how much his life has changed ever since the start of his adventure. He then grins and contemplates about his relationship with Syoko and how they might carry it further in the future.

Then the world goes dark. Everything turns black. He’s standing on Ouroboros Crossroads now. Ophis is sitting on the marble platform, staring at him with those dull, black eyes.

>“It’s time we had a talk, Kazuya Narukami.”
>“What the hell is this, Ophis?”
>“Take a seat, why don’t you? I wish to make this brief.”

Ophis asks him about Kazuya’s relationship. A number of responses would be made available. They have a little discussion. Then Ophis tells him the following.

>“Did you know? Five hundred years ago, I was invited to attend the birth ceremony of Irinora Dantalian Lucifuge. She was a quiet child. Even when surrounded by these beings of immense power, myself included, she did not cry. She has grown into regal, beautiful woman in my absence. She has gathered her own party, loving them like her own brothers and sisters. I predict she’ll be able to do a much better job of ruling the Underworld than her spoilt, despotic father.”
>“Why are you telling me this?”
>“Now tell me, Kazuya Narukami. Who do you think Syoko Hoshi will become in five centuries time? Who will be by her side? You? Yes, you’ve both promised to be with each other forever. No doubt the strong-willed you will strive to uphold your end of the bargain. And yet, it seems foolish to vow eternity when the difference between both your species is so great.”
>“…”
>“You are an ordinary hero, Kazuya. You had an ordinary birth. You engaged in ordinary training. You had little innate talent and grew powerful through ordinary hard work. Even after mastering Gray Soul, your combat style is ordinary compared to that of your peers. That is nothing to be ashamed of. But an ordinary hero will only have an ordinary lifespan, correct?”
>>
File: 1401905667943.jpg (443 KB, 779x1148) Image search: [Google]
1401905667943.jpg
443 KB, 779x1148
Kazuya finally understands where Ophis is going with this.

>“Even the weakest demon will live for hundreds of years. With her father’s royal blood, Syoko and Irinora will have no trouble living for two thousand years…at the very least. You, a regular human, won’t live past one hundred and fifty. To us long-lived creatures, it’s nothing more than a fleck of sand in an hourglass. So tiny and fragile, so easily forgotten.”

She smirks.

>“Ophis, you…”
>“I wonder, Kazuya Narukami. Once Syoko has lived for thousands of years, when you have long since crumbled to dust, will she remember who you are? She will no doubt capture your image with your human technology. Yet, the Dementation magic brittles the mind. It soils the heart. It’s entirely possible that you will have slipped from her mind then. Don’t use an excuse such as love. It is not absolute, it does not always win.”

The players would be given the choice to attack her, rebut her claims or stay silent.

>“Well, this is all speculation anyway. Perhaps Syoko will become a being like me. I still remember what it was during the three thousand billion years before the universe was formed. So, what will you do then? It’s possible for a human to become a demon. Rituals, like the Evil Piece system, have been created long ago for that simple purpose. With one, you destroy your humanity. You will become an extraordinary creature. You will be able to fulfil your promise. But you know what this entails, don’t you?”

>“I’ll be abandoning everyone else. They won’t live as long as me.”
>>
File: 1361662338424.jpg (339 KB, 776x1140) Image search: [Google]
1361662338424.jpg
339 KB, 776x1140
>“Abandoning is a foul word, but accurate nonetheless. The rest of your friends are mature enough to accept your decision. We all die in the end, some quicker than others. They would no doubt want to see you happy. But what about yourself? Can you bear watching your friends growing older and older while you remain young? Will you accept their deaths as you attend their funerals? Do possess the will to endure the classic tragedy of long life? I suppose you could always turn to Irinora for comfort. She once had a human childhood friend, you know.”

>“…”

(The irony here is that Ophis is in the same position. She's lived since for the beginning of time and Tatsuya will only live to around two hundred and fifty. In her own strange way, she wants to help Kazuya accept this pain before it's too late.)

“Ultimately, it’s your decision, Kazuya Narukami. Will you remain as a human, allowing yourself to experience a short but happy life with Syoko before she outlives you? Or will you sacrifice your humanity and become a demon, thus keeping your promise with her at the cost of outliving your friends and family? The ritual to becoming a demon should ideally be done when the target is young. I recommend you make your decision quick…”

Then the final real decision of the quest would appear. There are no wrong choices here. Everyone will respect your decision. What you want is entirely up to you.

“I…”

>Remain as a human.
>Become a demon.

(Please choose. I’m interested to see what you think.)
>>
>>44330119
Is "get everyone we care about to also transform into a more long-lived species" not a viable solution? Some logistical problem of transforming so many people?
>>
>>44330158
>Become a demon
>>
>>44330158
>>Become a demon.
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
>>
>>44330158
Shit, that's pretty real. But, inevitably...
>Remain human
Because that's what Kazuya IS, and he doesn't need to demon up to be worthwhile.
>>
>>44330158
>Become a demon
>>
>>44330158
>>Become a demon.
Because we've bro'd until we earned our right to live our own life.
>>
>>44330158
>>Become a demon.

Tatsuya would call us a Pussy if we couldn't keep a promise to our girlfriend
>>
>>44330158
>Become a demon.
>>
>>44330158
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
>>
>>44330158
I'm already a demon, Tats.
>>
>>44330158
>>>Remain as a human.
>>
[HUMAN END]

Kazuya remains as a human. However, he can’t get Ophis’s words out of his head. He goes to discuss it with Syoko.

>“I know, Kazuya. I always knew this day would come. It’s okay. Just being happy with you is enough.”

>“Really, Ophis can be so silly. Of course I won’t ever forget you. Even after ten thousand years have passed, even if the Underworld rises and falls, even once all existence has been erased, I will not forget the man who stood by me and loved me. I swear upon this as a princess of the Underworld…”

Sachiko would probably protest, saying that Kazuya’s decision would eventually lead to Syoko’s unhappiness, but the rest of the party would talk her down. Others, like Kurumi or Courier Six, question Kazuya’s decisions and ask him if this is what he really wants. After a bit more talking, with a bit more convincing from Tatsuya, they’d fully accept his decision. Tatsuya might even get angry at Ophis for treating Kazuya harshly and Irinora could’ve made an appearance.

After this, the quest would immediately jump to the final scene.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>44330158
>Become a demon.
For love you can endure any pain.
For gains too, SEVEN SCOOPS C'MON
>>
>>44330158
>Become a demon.
Most of our friends have a longer lifespan than we do right now. Someone is going to have to live with seeing the people they care about fade away and die. Them, us, either way we're going to be separated. At least this way we get to spend time with more of them for longer.
>>
[DEMON END]

Kazuya takes Ophis’s advice and resolves to become a demon. The first thing he does is talk it over with his friends. It’s hard for some of them to accept, like Hatoko and Laura, but Tatsuya persuades them with his charisma and reasoning.

>“Come on, everyone. Why are we all looking so down? We’ve still got dozens of years before we kick the bucket. Let’s enjoy our lives to the fullest. It’s what we saved the world for, right?”

A member of Irinora’s party would later swing by to bring Kazuya and Syoko to the Underworld. The entire party would insist on coming along. When they arrive, they find out that the ritual is to take place within the Royal Palace in the Underworld capital. Bad news: it’s occupied by enemy demon forces. Good news: in the time span the quest took place, Irinora’s forces have conquered most of the Underworld. They have the capital completely surrounded as well.

It’s a simple matter of the two parties uniting together and crushing any opposition in the way.

Once the dust has settled, Irinora takes Kazuya and Syoko to the ritual site.

>“Are you absolutely sure about this? There is no known way of reversing the process. You will say goodbye to your humanity forever.”
>“I’ve made up my mind.”
>“I see. Then, it seems there will be a new addition to the royal family.”
>“Excuse me?”
>“You and Shouko are getting married, right?”
>“Uh, we haven’t really thought that far.”
>“I see. Shouko, please explain our dowry system to him. It may sway his mind. Men are like that.”
>“Are you trying to piss me off, Miss Silver Queen? See, this is why you haven’t got a boyfriend.”
>>
Following a bunch of chanting and lights, Kazuya is a demon. His body becomes a bit more muscular and his metabolism increases, but otherwise he looks the same. Irinora then congratulates him on the success, then drags him aside to explain about the Underworld royal family, demon customs, history, language, culture and a whole lot of acclimatizing bullshit. Syoko goes with him.

>“I will teach and you will learn, Kazuya Narukami. Prepare yourself.”

Irinora Dantalian Lucifuge is crowned Queen of the Underworld. She promises to rule firmly but mercifully. The demons rejoice. There is a huge celebration and all members of the party are invited. Syoko and Kazuya are appointed ambassadors to the human world. As Syoko is a member of their royal family, they both receive their own territory and servants. Kazuya goes through a lot of culture shock, but it’s a happy ending all around.

After this, the final scene would take place.
>>
File: tatsuya_heroic.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tatsuya_heroic.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
[FINAL SCENE]

It’s basically the wedding with Tatsuya and all the convinced girls. All the allies from the world-saving adventure and the quest show up, Irinora and her inner circle included. Kazuya is obviously best man. The party uses their vast amount of funds to pay for everything. An argument breaks out between the girls over who gets to step forward first. It is quickly resolved by Syoko. Souji and his wife help prepare the ceremony. Myde gets the chance to play the piano. Law supervises the entire area with his ‘room’. Courier Six and STREUM use their engineering knowledge to create a bed that can withstand the might of six superhumans. That is assuming Kurumi doesn’t do anything stupid like summon her clones.

When the ceremony is over and it’s time for the feast, Tatuysa makes a speech about how he can’t thank Kazuya enough for helping him with the harem resolution plan. Kazuya would then make his own speech about how he has Tatsuya and the rest of the girls to thank as well. It was a crazy ride, but it made him grow as a person and find the love of his life. Plus, there’s nothing greater than seeing your friends happy and well, right?

The two men would exchange a brotherly hug, doing nothing to quell the rumors that the two are secretly gay for each other.

This scene would have been seriously heartwarming as the accumulation of the all the players’ efforts up to this point. I would’ve put a lot of effort into writing it. I also would’ve busted my balls trying to find pictures of Hatoko and Ayase in wedding dresses (alone). Maybe drawfags could’ve helped?
>>
>>44330392
>The two men would exchange a brotherly hug, doing nothing to quell the rumors that the two are secretly gay for each other.
And it ends as it begins. I love it.
>>
[EPILOGUE]

Scene of Kazuya and Syoko living together as adults. Short, sweet and adorable. Where exactly they are is dependent on which ending was chosen. They’d hold hands and talk about what the others are doing. A sort of ‘where-they-are-now’ scenario.

>Tatsuya living with his wives in a big mansion, working as a top-class chef and food gourmet. He had to petition the Japanese government to allow polygamy. It took a lot of effort, but it was worth it.
>Hatoko teaching magic in Tokyo University.
>Kurumi writing romance novels and staying home to take care of the kids.
>Sachiko returning to idol business for a short while before taking over the Koshimizu Corporation. She releases acapella songs over the Internet on the side.
>Laura assuming command of her army unit and occasionally delivering guest speeches at IS Academy. She calls Tatsuya every night.
>Ayase hunting down criminals across the world and bringing them to justice. She’s ruthless in her job, but no longer as bloodthirsty as she used to be.
>Souji still being a superhero and finishing university. His wife takes over their family business.
>Myde becoming an indie rock sensation, finally achieving his childhood dream.
>STREUM revolutionizing the world of technology with his inventions. It’s actually obsolete stuff from his old world, but don’t tell anyone that.
>Law working as a top-class doctor, contributing heavily to the research and development of medicine. He’s still creepy as ever.
>Courier Six returning to his job as a courier, wandering the across the world and scavenging treasures whenever he feels like it. Sometimes he teams up with Ayase if a job of hers happens to be in the area.
>Irinora reigning over the Underworld as a beloved and respected queen. She is still single. Syoko teases her about that.
>Ichika marrying Charlotte and teaching at the IS Academy.
>>
>>44330392
>Courier Six and STREUM use their engineering knowledge to create a bed that can withstand the might of six superhumans. That is assuming Kurumi doesn’t do anything stupid like summon her clones.
That bed is fucked
>>
>>44330432
On one hand, it's great to know what could've been.
On the other, this stuff always makes me sad, reminds me of when Deniable Assets died.
>>
File: the_child.jpg (100 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
the_child.jpg
100 KB, 640x800
(HUMAN END)
>Kazuya opening a kendo dojo and running a small secret business on the side. He applies the knowledge he gained while resolving Tatsuya’s harem to help others with the same problem. Yes, an agency for other harem MC's.The world seriously needs one.
>Syoko becoming a florist specializing in fungi. She also joined Sachiko in the idol business for a brief moment.

(DEMON END)
>Kazuya and Syoko living in their castle as nobles and dealing with the politics of the Underworld. It’s exhausting, but very rewarding as life down there continues to improve.

Also, their eldest child would make an appearance. This is what she looks like.
>>
>>44330432
Please never get tired of running of Purseowner
>>
>>44330498
I find I like Persona 2129 better than HBQ anyway. I gladly archivelurked HBQ, but so far the only quest I've bothered to actually participate in is P2129.
>>
>>44330505
>He applies the knowledge he gained while resolving Tatsuya’s harem to help others with the same problem. Yes, an agency for other harem MC's.The world seriously needs one.
Fuck I voted demon end but I like Human end more now.
>>
>>44330432
You forgot
>$chan continued to argue over who is best girl. This lasts even generations after everything happened.
>>
File: 43931401.jpg (284 KB, 706x1000) Image search: [Google]
43931401.jpg
284 KB, 706x1000
Final final scene: Kazuya and Syoko watching the sun rise.

>“Hey, Kazuya.”
>“Yes, Syoko?”
>“Are you happy right now?”
>“I’m very happy, Syoko. What about you?”
>“I’m happy that you’re happy, Kazuya. Let’s stay that way forever and ever.”
>“Heh, you don’t have to tell me that twice. I’ll be right by your side.”
>“And I’ll be with yours. To the future, my dear husband.”
>“Whatever it may bring, my beautiful wife.”

Cue descriptions of photographs of Kazuya and Syoko’s own wedding, their birth of their first child, moving into a new house, visiting Tatsuya’s own kids and more.

And that would truly be the end of Harem Bro Quest.
>>
>>44330579
Cheesy as fuck.

I love it.
>>
>>44330579
10/10
>>
>>44330579
And, as ever, it is adorable. I love your current quest, but HBQ was still really fun and cute and it's nice to have some closure to the story. Thanks for sharing your notes with us, Thorn. So, see you after the holidays, then?
>>
>>44330579
10/10 would read again
>>
>>44330579
Thanks Thorn. Reminder that the Twins are evil and that you shouldn't believe his lies.
>>
>>44330579
Purseonwer on sunday?
>>
>>44330579
A shame it ended up as a summary, but I'm glad to have it. Cheesy is fine - gave me the warm fuzzies.
>>
>>44330579
Though I archivelurked the quest, I enjoyed it. I'm saddened that it won't get a proper ending, but we at least get closure in the end. A fun read, a fun quest amd here's to Persona and many others you have in mind. Godspeed Thorn, and may the power of the wild card take you far.
>>
And that’s pretty much all I have to write. Gentlemen, it’s been an honor writing and sharing this with you. I’m going to miss everyone, you know. Tatsuya, Kazuya, the five girls (even Ayase), Syoko, the other members of the party, Irinora and Ichika (whom I never got to write) and last by not least $chan. They weren’t exactly my characters, but they were fun as hell to write.

Massive thanks to everyone who read and played the quest. Without you, the quest and this closure thread would never have been possible. I’m very happy that you all had fun, even if it was basically a fanfiction crossover quest. In the end it was a bit of a mess, but it was a fun mess that taught me many things and helped me regain my passion to write stories.

Special thanks to one kind voice-anon who did vocaroos of Tatsuya and Kazuya. He perfectly encapsulated the voices I had in mind, if Harem Bro Quest was an anime and received an official dub. Grab all his lines here: https://mega.nz/#!hotEwRIb!3G9PNkkzo6x7BFJ4dfwJ_K4aaucDjKTuDtrSY8apXqs

Now I’ll be answering questions. Don’t hold back; you can ask anything you want.
>>
>>44330790
What's with you and silver hair? I know, kind of a silly question. But a lot of the characters in your quests have that hair color. You just like the look?
>>
>>44330790
What are your feelings towards Persona quest? What do you think you could improve in it? Have we surprised you with any of our decisions?
>>
>>44330790
Could you bring back $chan, just have the anons try to figure out who the wild card is? Just have the team be in situations that leave them exposed but easily explainable with the anons shadowrunning in the posts.
>>
>>44330879
>$chan
It will have to be @chan since Takashi is bad at english
>>
>>44330790
Why was New Vegas a documentary in this world? Not the writing decision that led to you doing that, I'm just wondering what chain of events caused Nevada to be a nuclear wasteland in this timeline. What other parts of Fallout happened in this world?
>>
>>44330790
Any idea on what would've happened to the next generation?
(the bros' kids)
>>
>>44330790
If we pulled off the Courier's mask would he die?
>>
>>44330927
>Tats has 5 sons
>They and Kaz's daughter are friends
>Years go by and the sons start to crush on the daughter
>Word gets out
>Everyone's fw.
>>
>>44330834
It was coincidence that Laura, Syoko and Irinora all had the same hair color. It does look good, though.

>>44330850
P2129 is fun. Screwed up in some places, like that encounter with ??? and me not really defining the characters well enough at the start. Think that's improved, though. And yes, you players have surprised me with your decisions, like that maid cafe business with Celeste.

>>44330879
I think $chan and @chan in the Year 2129 are dead.

>>44330919
It was me trying to justify why Courier Six could exist. It was supposed to remain ambiguous. I don't know, maybe Germany developed its own nukes and launched them with magic at the Nevada desert, causing the stuff there to mutate in a bad way. The rest of the America tries to ignore it. It's not really a nuclear wasteland anymore, just really really dry.

>>44330927
They get sent to the standard battle harem academy and more harem bullshit begins. Tamami is a tsundere and gets involved in shenanigans with the son of Tatsuya and Hatoko.

>>44330939
Actually, yes.
>>
File: 1449768511420.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449768511420.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>44331010
>reverse harem quest
Wew lad
Wew
>>
>>44330790
What advice would you give to a novice QM setting out on their first Quest?
>>
I still can't believe Celeste's exam rolls are real.
>>
>>44330790
So how much better do you think you are as a writer?
>>
>>44331012
>I think $chan and @chan in the Year 2129 are dead.
S-surely they have something similar r-right?!
>>
>>44331046
Off the top of my head...

>Follow the advice in the Weekend Quest Thread pastebin. It's there for a reason.
>Make sure you develop your characters and setting well. Characters are what drive quests.
>Read other quests and learn from them.
>Learn how to write quickly and with quality. Quests are done in real time. I may not be the best example of this.
>Don't be afraid to experiment but at the same time don't jump the shark too much.
>Be good to your players. Accept constructive criticism.
>Some formats don't work as a quest. Read around and find out.
>The simple system in the Starter's Questing Guide looks good (although I haven't used it)
>Most of all, have fun. That's what questing is all about.

>>44331164
Quite a bit. People seem to like Persona 2129, so I must be doing something right. I still have a long way to go, though.

>>44331206
Probably, yes. Nocturne City BBS is one example, but that's for mercenaries.
>>
>>44331245
When will you be back? You got ideas for persona?
>>
>>44330790
Would we have ever gotten a chance to see what's under Six's mask?
>>
>>44331402
Today is the day before I go on holiday, so no quests for a while. Will let everyone know on Twitter.

>>44331450
Nope.
>>
Ophis a best
>>
>>44331488
Of all the IPs you used for this quest and P2129 which one is your favorite?

Also, who is best girl. This quest and in general.
>>
>>44331581
>who is best girl
This is the most important question so far.
>>
>>44331581
Actually, I forgot about that. I can't answer who best girl is, because I'm the author.

So players, who is best girl in my quests?
>>
>>44331668
Syoko
>>
>>44331668
Velvet sister.
>>
>>44331668
Nee-san
>>
>>44331668
Veleis-sensei's husband
>>
>>44331668
Shizuka
>>
>>44331668
Touma
>>
>>44331668
Syoko in Harem
Celeste in Persona
>>
>>44331726
Syoko
>>
>>44331668
Mom house prez
>>
>>44331668
Moh Shuvuu
>>
>>44331718
>Syoko

I don't know why I bothered to ask.

Last question before I have to go. Out of the four main girl arcs presented, which one would you have liked to see me write the most?
>>
>>44331922
Laura's or Kurumi's
>>
>>44331922
Laura. The two harems thing sounds fun as fuck.
>>
>>44331922
Laura if only because I would have enjoyed seeing her call every single person at the academy a shit.
>>
>>44331922

Laura, just to have a funny comparison between the IS quest on /tg/ and how more canon Ichidia may be written here.
>>
The funny thing about Laura is that near the end of the final battle, she shouted out. "Friendship is one of the greatest forces in the universe!" for the world to see. No irony, she meant it from the bottom of her heart.

Anyway, I need to go and pack. That will be it for this thread. So long, everyone! Maybe one day I'll reuse some of the concepts and themes from Harem Bro in a new quest. It might involve an ordinary guy living in an extraordinary modern Gensokyo-like world, dealing with stuff like finding a job and a curse that forces him to pay rent to a mysterious woman lest he suffer a horrible fate.

Who know what the future might bring?

Until next time, everyone!
>>
>>44332286
See ya bro, thanks for everything
>>
>>44332286
where can I find your shitty fanfiction?
>>
>>44331668
>So players, who is best girl in my quests?
>>
That's some cute shit.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.