[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improvised Weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: imp.jpg (85 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
imp.jpg
85 KB, 500x372
I'm curious about something.

Imagine that there has been some sort of societal collapse. Zombies, riots, government collapse, something like that. Something where the treat will come from other people.

Look around you. In your house, in your garage, backyard, front yard, etc. Find 5 items. These 5 items are the only things you have to protect yourself. You can combine them, you can use them their own, or use them however you want.

What are your items and how do you use them?

Hardmode: No items designed to be used as a weapon

Nightmare mode: No knives, chainsaws,axes or other inherently dangerous tools.
>>
I got a stick I could put some nails in I guess.
>>
Traps mostly. Setting traps like trip wires and pit falls would be the most profitable way of dealing with others.

One thing they always teach in self defense: If someone is really aiming to hurt you, expect to be hurt. You might win, but your going to get hurt. In a world where medical attention may not exist outside of field triage, takeing out the aspect of getting hurt increases your chances out there. Someone chasing me? lure them to the pitfall, or trip wire on stairs, or spiked steps on stairs, maybe the ol' swinging log trick. who knows. Id get creative but thats the gist: Traps.
>>
File: boards-on-nails.png (991 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
boards-on-nails.png
991 KB, 1600x900
>>44328194
A classic
>>
>>44328106
Sorry anon. I have too many weapons not to use them. My normal board is /k/.
>>
Well I guess I'll take that iron bar in the garage and form fit a handle onto it and put a heavy weight on one side. That thing will break bone in a simple strike if I do.
>>
>looks at the guns in their cases
>looks at the swords on the wall
>looks at the bows on the rack

What has my fear of zombies done to me?
>>
I've got a few of those big sea shells you can fit your hand inside and sort of use as a knuckle duster. One even curves down at the bottom to a near point so it's kind of like a spike. They're quite tough as well, the biggest one got run over by a car and didn't suffer a scratch.

Aside of that, socks and coins.
>>
>>44328391
Caused you to spend a lot of money out of fear of something that can literally, physically never happen.
>>
>>44328391
Made you prepared for anything up to and including a dragon attack anon. Feels good doesnt it?

I would recommend a couple spears if I where you though.
>>
>>44328393
>socks and coins.
I don't think people realise how dangerous this shit is. A local newspaper made fun of someone "almost killed with a sock", and then in the article explains that it was filled with a fist-sized amount of coins. I don't think people realise how fucking dangerous that can be. Strap it to a long piece of wood or metal, and you have what is basically a homemade flail. That can easily kill someone by ACCIDENT.

Besides, zombies are more vulnerable to that kind of bashing damage, compared to weak ass shit like smaller than coins metal pieces, no matter how fast they are propelled.
>>
>>44328465
Zombies? Yeah never happening. General riot and societal collapse? Eh its possible. Not probable but possible.
>>
>>44328500
Halfbrick in a sock is an irish traditional weapon anon.
>>
There are some woods nearby around the back of my house, and I regularly find just fallen branches or collapsed bits of tree that look like perfect blunt weapons. With a few minutes carving, I could get some spears if I wanted, but much more to my preference would be a very nice, solid, ergonomic club or three.
>>
Things on sticks. Knives, chunks of metal, bricks. Hell, pointy sticks on their own are good enough.

Maybe throw some things? We evolved to throw things, after all. And any time less evolved people get angry, they pry the stones from the streets and start throwing them. Molotov cocktails, of course. Got to have those. And if you have even a few tools and appropriate material, it isn't too hard to make a rudimentary crossbow.
>>
>>44328106
Broom handles, ductape and a piece of sharp metal and you have a primitive spear. I also have a golf club and a mean swing. Last but not least... Nails.

With the amount of ductape I have and all the nails, I can make some traps and goad whatever comes into rooms filled with spiky shit that will mess up their footing like never before.
>>
>>44328622
>>
>>44328493

Actually looking into it. Just have training spears at the moment, but they could do in a pinch.

>this is what HEMA does to a man
>>
>>44328106
I have eighty pound fishing wire, a bunch of "definitely for training" wooden swords, and what are most certainly not metal batons with prongs.

That said, there's lots of scrap metal around my house I can sharpen into blades, gasoline in the cars plus sugar and glass bottles to fashion cocktails.

Nothing protective though, so I'm fucked there.
>>
>>44328708
I'd loot a biker store. Those leathers protect you from sliding across asphalt at insane speeds, so it should stop a few zombie teeth. A face-covering helmet doesn't sound bad, either.
>>
>>44328768
Good idea, there's actually a Harley store not far from where I live, but it's in the opposite direction of the gunstores.

Then again, this is a 'no explicitly weapons apocalypse' so I guess I'll just harvest an engine block and a carjack and scrap up my own Powerjack sledgehammer.

Think the biker armor will make up for the 20% vulnerability?
>>
>>44328704
Yes! Marozzos opera nova is my favorite text.
>>
>>44328465
Senpai you need a pillowcase full of doorknobs. Then you a real g.
>>
A tall lamp, a record, Elmers glue, and duct tape. Imma be a wizard one way or another
>>
>>44328106
Realistically:
Ice chopper or shovel
Knives, multitools or a nice big meat cleaver
Rock hammer
Weed whacker. Probably a bad idea
Dad has an actual spear in the closet

Hard:
Ice chopper or shovel
Knife
Like >>44328530 said, or I might be able to rig something up with a strap and this rail spike I have.
Rock hammer or mattock
Bike to be cavalry, if not, then one of those poles that you screw the paint roller on to.

Nightmare:
Broom handles/poles
A shovel, if I can't, then a trowel or something
Hammer, if not, a wrench
Half brick inna sock
I can't really think of anything else.
>>
>>44328873

Interesting! I tried Italian styles when I first started, but could never get the hang of it. Went to the German school with Leichtenauer's style and it just managed to click. I think that now I'm a bit better, I could try Italian now, though I'm working on Polish saber for the time being. That shit is so fun and beautiful.
>>
>>44329396
Marozzo has so much polearm stuff it is silly. He doesnt have many pictures but he is very detailed in his descriptions of what you should do.
>>
>>44328318
The fools. Soon they'll build a board with a nail in it so large they'll destroy themselves!
>>
>>44329430

That's good. These mysterious couplets designed to train people who are in the know are getting tiresome. I'll definitely give it a look. Thank you!
>>
>>44328106

Just in the room I'm in now:

1. Beer cans into an empty bedsheet for a flail
2. An empty glass bottle as a shiv
3. A metal dvd holder off the wall. Makes for a good blunt instrument
4. Cords tied up with something sharp or heavy, like encyclopedias or wooden shelves
5. A metal shelf support, filed sharp into a shiv
>>
File: us-military-shovel1.jpg (33 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
us-military-shovel1.jpg
33 KB, 800x800
>>44328106
>Hardmode: No items designed to be used as a weapon
>Nightmare mode: No knives, chainsaws,axes or other inherently dangerous tools.

does this include a ww2 spade? it's identical to pic related.
>>
Well I've got plenty of gardening implements, trowels, shovels, those claw things you use to break up patches of dirt and weeds, could just duct tape some kitchen knives onto to wooden pole of one of those in a real emergency. Alternatively, just use the knives.

Nightmare mode: Probably some traps of some description, or some chemical fuckery, i know I've got bleach and ammonia lying around the house, but I'd have to go check to see if I have much of anything else. Against zombies? Well I guess I'm fucked on nightmare mode.
>>
>>44329645
Spetsnaz use them.
>>
>>44328918
But you're gotta supply your own knobs.
>>
>>44329645
WW2 soldiers stopped using their bayonets and knives because if you sharpen the edges of the trench-digging shovel, it makes for a more effective weapon.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.