[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/btg/ - BattleTech General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: FEuL4Rm.jpg (296 KB, 800x1235) Image search: [Google]
FEuL4Rm.jpg
296 KB, 800x1235
The /btg/ is dead, long live the /btg/!

Christmas is comming!

Old thread: >>44263341
=====================

>/btg/ does a TRO.
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam) spot.com/

>The Happening has Happened and it was glorious:
http://bg.battletech.com/news/news-and-announcements/drop-pod-sequence-initiatedthree-two-one/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5 (embed)

>Can I get an overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what mechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Battletech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx (embed)

>Sarna.net - Battletech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of Battletech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

>Battletech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
>>44327698
Butte Hold?!
>>
>>44327698
SantaUrbie with a Lift Hoist and Jump Jets when?
>>
>>44327754
Ho Ho Ho, butte hold!
>>
>>44327783
Urbies already have jumpjets.

I think you mean an Omni-Urbie so it can carry the reindeer class Battlearmour with it.

>Design challenge: Make these units. Hard Mode: The Reindeer really do know how to fly!
>>
Battletech has decided to take a trip back to it's JAPANESE ROOTS by producing a WAIFU VN featuring HUMAN-IFIED MECH GIRLS.
You must take YOUR FAVORITE MECH and make it into a WORTHY WAIFU
GO!
>>
>>44327886
Is their a BA size TAG?
>>
>>44327916
Yes. Quite a few suits mount them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (516 KB, 1208x752) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
516 KB, 1208x752
>>44327895
I rather talk about Smoke Jaguar

>Clan Smoke Jaguar was one of the original twenty Clans founded by Nicholas Kerensky. Members of Clan Smoke Jaguar took fierce pride in their namesake, a predator descended from the Terran jaguar whose genes were altered in the laboratory to enable it to survive in a harsher environment and then imported to Strana Mechty. They were also every bit as feral as the smoke jaguar was, believing that the Clans' revered founder modeled all of Clan society on their totem animal and basing their argument on an oft-quoted journal entry of Kerensky's which they revered second only to The Remembrance. The Smoke Jaguar Clan began the Crusader philosophy and was one of the four original Clans to take part in Operation Revival, the Clans' attempted conquest of the Inner Sphere. However they were defeated at the pivotal Battle of Tukayyid and later Annihilated by the reborn Star League during Operation Bulldog and Operation Serpent. The Clan was also responsible for the creation of ProtoMechs, which quickly spread amongst the other Clans during the Wars of Possession.
>>
File: typical drac schoolgirl.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
typical drac schoolgirl.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>>44327895
Grand Dragon-tan is best girl
>>
While I heavily enjoyed the intro box, it had a humongous amount of typos, a few math errors, and a weird part where a whole half of a paragraph was cut off.

Would Catalyst like or dislike me reporting all these things to them?
Should I even try?
>>
>>44327886

No, you need a bunch of quad mechs with IJJs and lift hoists to pull santa-urbie on his way.
>>
>>44327957
Would butt implants be an acceptable use of resources in Clan space? Discuss.
>>
>>44328109
No, it would imply a failure of the eugenics program to produce 'dat ass'
>>
>>44328109

I BID TWO CHEEKS FOR THIS TRIAL OF POSSESSION.
>>
>>44327933
Oh good, that means the Rudolph Quad iJJ BA can be a thing.
>>
>>44328096
>>44328154

Santa's sleigh needs to be a support vee with hover propulsion, mounting lots of Arrow IV launchers to make sure that all the good little girls and boys get their presents.
>>
>>44327895
>mackie as the slightly chubby childhood best friend

I'd play it
>>
>>44328240
What if...the Reindeer where the designations of ASF Squadrons and they had Elf BA?

The Workshop would be their Jumship-cum-Space Station.
>>
>>44328502
>Jumship
*Jumpship
>>
>>44328050
Go for it, should be good for a few laughs (and get you banned from the OF, but that's not a bad thing).
>>
>>44328689
OF?
Banned why?
>>
When is the XXL-and-HFF-style 21-crit endo-steel variant gonna come out?
>>
>>44328755
Orignal forums. >>44328689 seems to be under the impression that posting errata gets you banned. Having posting errata myself more than a few times, I can pretty much confirm that it's not true.
>>
>>44328755
If you find something, post it here and address Xotl, and he can maybe address it quietly without any of the powers what is getting their precious feathers ruffled. Seriously, we aren't even kidding.
>>
>>44328858
...are you guys delusional or something? Posting in the errata forum doesn't get you banned unless you're a complete sperge about it.
>>
File: PH.png (38 KB, 656x874) Image search: [Google]
PH.png
38 KB, 656x874
I was messing around with reinforced internals and made this.

I don't even think that reinforced internals are necessarily good or that this thing is particularly exceptional for its BV or C-bill cost.

I just love the way reinforced mechs die, with half their guts hanging out and no armor on any torso location.
>>
>>44328946
I feel like I'd drop a heat sink and one of the ER Mediums for something else...how much would a targeting computer weigh?
>>
>>44328946
>I was messing around with reinforced internals and made this.

Would 'Reinforced Endo' be a broken technology?

Has the same durability doubling characteristic of normal reinforced, eats all the slots of endo, weighs the same as standard because 2* (1/2) = 1
>>
>>44329133
I feel like it'd be really useful on lights.
So yeah, canonize this shit.
>>
>>44329133
It'd be entirely too good for light mechs
>>
File: you're next.jpg (38 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
you're next.jpg
38 KB, 512x384
What was the last time you used melee in a game, /btg/? What were the results?

Also requesting this image redone with an Awesome
>>
>>44327895
>>44327957
shitty clanner romance VNs to go with shitty clanner romance novels when?
>>
>>44329538
>melee
All the time. LCAF stronk, baby.
>>
>>44329538
Like literally every fucking game. Isn't the whole point of BT to strategically advance to within shin-kicking distance and then pile on the first mech that fails a PSR?

I mean, unless you're a silly clammer, I guess.
>>
>>44329538
>Last time I used melee
I think when a seriously battered Grasshopper tried to kick in the head of an Awesome sitting in a depth 1 river.

Alas, he missed and was incinerated by PPC fire shortly afterwards.

That was a pretty nice game, even though I made some bad decisions.
At least I was smart enough to fight most of the battle away from the Awesome's field of fire since I only had heavies and mediums.
But then my battered remnants had to take on that thing with a 3/5 pilot after destoying the other enemy 'mechs.

>Megas
That makes me wonder; has anyone ever made BT stats for Megas? Button effect of the week optional.

As a sidenote for anyone who has not seen Megas XLR: rectify that ASAP.
It's a pretty cool show with tons of classic mecha shoutouts.
>>
>>44329611
>I mean, unless you're a silly clammer, I guess.

Greetings, Trothkin!

I'm a 27 year old Inner Sphere Freebirth (Clan culture for you surats that don't speak Clan). I issue batchalls every day on my homeworld, and spend my days perfecting my knowledge of zellbrigen and enjoying superior Clanner passtimes (mocking Clan Nova Cat, ordering around my Bondsmen, praising The Founder). I train with my omnimech every day; this superior mech can permanently destroy dezgra spheroids because its double heat sinks mean it can run white hot, and is vastly superior to any other method of killing.

I earned my Bloodname two years ago, and I have been getting better every day. I speak Clanspeak fluently, both Warden and Crusader dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about The Remembrance and the Martial Code, which I follow 100%. When I get Abtakha from a clan, I am moving to the Pentagon Worlds to fight in a Clan Touman to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a ristar within Clan Star Adder or Clan Stone Lion! I own several omnimechs, which I ride around the periphery. I want to get used to piloting them before I move to the Homeworlds, so I can fit in easier. I rebel against my stravag elders and seniors and speak Clan terms as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond to my batchall. Seyla, and wish me luck in the Homeworlds!
>>
>>44329611
Oh hey, anon-who-can't-maintain-range-even-on-50-by-50-maps

>>44329538
Isn't there art of an Atlas standing on top of a pile of 'Mechs, holding one of their arms?
>>
>>44329678
>I think when a seriously battered Grasshopper tried to kick in the head of an Awesome sitting in a depth 1 river.
>Alas, he missed and was incinerated by PPC fire shortly afterwards.
This made me laugh.
>>
>>44329678
>Alas, he missed and was incinerated by PPC fire shortly afterwards.
I'm just picturing the pilot going "HOFU-" before being obliterated.
>>
File: Planetfall.jpg (383 KB, 900x420) Image search: [Google]
Planetfall.jpg
383 KB, 900x420
>>44329708
good memory, anon
>>
>>44329728
>>44329780
Still a better fate than that of the first pilot who tried facing off with that Awesome at close range, a couple of games earlier.
In fact, that was my first ever game of BT.

There, it was a Catapult taking on that Awesome and a battered Whitworth solo after his partner Hunchback got ammo-critted.
He was doing pretty well jumping around and shooting the Awesome in the back, until one fateful turn.
On that turn, his head armour first got a small ding from a LRM volley from the Whitworth. Not too much to worry about, right?
Almost immediately afterwards, the pilot could look straight down the barrel of a PPC before everything became very bright.
>>
File: 6pack.jpg (67 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
6pack.jpg
67 KB, 360x480
>>44329793
Thanks, anon. I was actually looking for it to make one of those "what i expected, what i got" things.

This would have been the "what I got".
>>
>>44329793
I like the Atlas just dragging that... Wight? around like an unruly child
>>
>>44329099
I thought about dropping a sink and two mediums for a TC, but that just leaves it with no punch. Being slightly over sunk never hurt a zombiemech anyways.
>>44329133
Forget lights, that would be insane on any mech. One of the reason reinforced internals kinda suck is that they take away twice as much tonnage than ES gives, so it costs a mech a lot of tonnage that you can't recoup with swapping around internals. But that would let you do exactly that, and give you back twice as much tonnage as normal ES.
>>
>>44329133
would be less OP if it takes 16 slots and weights 1.5 times the standard structure
>>
>>44330250
>>44329195
>>44329179
Fair 'Nuff. Sounds like we could fix it by changing the weight math to T *2 -T/2 = 1.5T

dang, ninja'd>>44330297
>>
>>44328781
I wish
something to make superheavies better is always something I will always get behind
>>
>>44329538
TT or megamek? TT? An NPC TSM Berzerker that I was playing for one of my campaign games carved open the already damaged nose section of a Buccaneer DS and rampaged its way into the cargo section to steal the cargo of Timbiqui Dark therein. Sadly fire and indiscriminate ERML fire destroyed the cargo. Megamek? I used four heavy mechs to kick a Great Turtle to death.
>>
File: The Tears of a Zeus.jpg (1 MB, 2154x2899) Image search: [Google]
The Tears of a Zeus.jpg
1 MB, 2154x2899
>>44325412
>Which Zeus is best Zeus?
This Zeus is best Zeus.
>>
>>44328898
Posting anything that annoys anyone who knows a mod gets you banned from the OF. Claiming otherwise makes it likely you're one of the ones who knows a mod.
>>
>>44331434
Or maybe, just maybe, I don't shitpost in the errata forum.
I know literally no mods or anyone with the slightest influence on the MF.
>>
>>44329708
>Oh hey, anon-who-can't-maintain-range-even-on-50-by-50-maps

Not me, fukkboi
>>
Do mechs have enough mobility to attempt a roundhouse kick?

I'm whipping up some silly melee rules based off the current ones for a Solaris campaign I'm running for my friends.
>>
>>44331785
Technically no, but it's your campaign and all. I suggest +2 TH, roll on the Punch instead of the Kick table and limit it to mechs above a certain move profile (say, 6/9).
>>
>>44331869
Make it 5/8, that way the Charger can do it and actually be useful.
>>
>>44331869
>>44332106
nah, limit it to mechs with AES in its legs
>>
>>44329695
>mocking Clan Nova Cat
I thought it was the Hell's Horses and Ice Hellions that were chiefly mocked.
Nova Cucks are OOC mocked by fans just for being losers.
>>
>>44331869
>>44331785
This could be fun.

SWEEP THE LEG: +4 TH roll. Instead of dealing damage, force an additional PSR for every five points of damage your attack would have caused. Cannot be used against prone opponents.
>>
>>44332223
There's already a trip attack in TacOps.
>>
>>44331785

Generally no, but the Natural Grace SPA is explicitly made to pull off shit like that. I'd homebrew a bunch of melee SPAs that rely on having Natural Grace as a pre-req (>>44332223 is a good start) and go from there. Oh, and remove the "no more than 3 Piloting SPAs" limit, obviously.

One of the very few things I like about Warmachine is their additional melee options. Putting Mechs into arm bars and throwing them bodily about the battlefield is badass. And while it only rarely happens in Warmachine (largely because Warjacks aren't very good), that doesn't mean a more robust melee system can't be ported over into BattleTech.
>>
>>44332433
What if instead of individual SPAs for various advanced melee moves, they were instead wrapped up into various disciplines which would be a single SPA and allow specific maneuvers?
>>
Guys, I'm trying to design custom Clan 'Mechs in MegaMekLab, how do I equip them with CASE?
>>
>>44333445
Clan 'Mechs automatically have CASE in all locations.
>>
>>44333363

That would be reasonable. Although perhaps a bit limiting. I'd probably make it something like:

"List A of Individual Moves"
"List B of Individual Moves"
"List C of Individual Moves"
"Discipline 1 - Select 2 things from List A and 1 thing from List B"
"Discipline 2 - Select 1 thing from A, 1 from B, and 1 from C"
>etc
>>
File: The Davion.png (171 KB, 802x307) Image search: [Google]
The Davion.png
171 KB, 802x307
>>44332433
>the Natural Grace SPA is explicitly made to pull off shit like that.
Yesssssss.
I had a player in one campaign that had stupid high levels of Martial Arts and used Natural Grace in a Banshee BNC-6S (chosen for the human proportions and holy fuck it's got a good weapons load). I'm pretty sure he kicked the heads off at least ten mechs by the end of the campaign. He got more kick-kills than HGR kills.

>>44329913
You must be thinking of the Atlas III
I already made one.
>>
>>44333998
Lies. The Grand Galactic Inquisitor actually got people's attention while screaming "Ignore me!" Unlike the Atlas III.
>>
File: Thanatos.jpg (245 KB, 991x1000) Image search: [Google]
Thanatos.jpg
245 KB, 991x1000
Quick, /btg/! You must develop a pitch for a Battletech movie to capitalize on Pacific Rim and other science fantasy blockbusters! the things you must do:

>The plot must be simple, preferably set in the time of the invasion of the Clans

>It must be a trilogy that follows the three act structure(ie, movie one is act I, movie two is Act II, ect)

>The main character must have a love interest(genders of the two characters are up to you)

>The mech designs can't "be too out there."

>It MUST leave room for the potential of a cinematic universe(to cash in on that dank money-making idea that marvel had)

It has a budget of 190 million dollars and it must make back at least 200 million dollars domestically and at least 400 million world wide.

It must be made to be PG-13 at the most.
>>
File: Xiphos.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Xiphos.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44327698
What do you think?
>>
>>44334070
I rehash the animated series.
>>
File: Somerset.png (2 MB, 966x1254) Image search: [Google]
Somerset.png
2 MB, 966x1254
>>44334070
>The plot must be simple, preferably set in the time of the invasion of the Clans
Pic related.

>It must be a trilogy that follows the three act structure(ie, movie one is act I, movie two is Act II, etc)
Pic related again.

>The main character must have a love interest(genders of the two characters are up to you)
Adam Steiner was rolling in pussy.

>The mech designs can't "be too out there."
Still pic related.

>It MUST leave room for the potential of a cinematic universe(to cash in on that dank money-making idea that marvel had)
Not even trying at this point, eh?

>It has a budget of 190 million dollars and it must make back at least 200 million dollars domestically and at least 400 million world wide.
I'd go see it.
>>
>>44333998
I had a Quickdraw that did the same fucking thing once. Minimal weight to sheer a head right off with a kick combined with a 5 jump move to get it as easily as possible into a "1 elevation level above" position for the optimal 1-in-6 head hit chance. As a pure curiosity I wouldn't mind seeing an optimized max-jump-movement 60 tonner whose whole point is just to punt heads.
>>
>>44333998
That's not entirely correct.
An SLRM-20, no matter how clownishly oversized the mech it is mounted on, I'd always capable of attracting my attention. Weapons that force PSRs all by themselves do that.
The AIII is still a clownmech though
>>
File: Somerset Strikers Splash.png (2 MB, 881x1046) Image search: [Google]
Somerset Strikers Splash.png
2 MB, 881x1046
>>44334153
Oh and we already have the posters (circa 1995) made!
>>
>>44334146
>>44334153
Is the animated series even that good? The opening makes it look goofy. And that's saying something considering it's a 80's cartoon.
>>
>>44334080
>pdf
I think go fuck yourself.
>>
>>44334201
90s.
And it's goofy as fuck.
The last two episodes are... pretty passable though.
>>
>>44334201
>80s.
Try again. It was a product of Saban in 94. So hip deep in the TOTALLY RADICAL era of cartoons, right up there with Street Sharks and Swat Kats. Was pretty fun in places, despite the limited budget for CG meaning you saw a looooot of the same mech.
>>
Plasma rifles in MWO when?
>>
>>44334236
>>44334251
Welp, another series on my to-watch list, I guess.
>>
>>44334268
When MWO reaches 3068.
So...never.
>>
>>44334251
>Clanners only EVER fielded Mad Cats, Vultures, Hunchback IICs, and a Thor
Oh, and Elementals.
>>
>>44334356
Well, with a big budget rehash we could amend that.
>>
>>44334356
And the AFFC only fielded Centurions and Wolfhounds, so its all relative.

>>44334395
No one sadly would touch BT. Either we'd get a Dune movie scenario, or it would go the way of the MCU, and we'd all hate it. Plus Shatner is too old to be Hanse now.
>>
>>44334416
They also fielded a single Hatchetman, an Awesome, a Bushwacker in 3050, and a salvaged Mauler
>>
File: Asp-chan.png (183 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
Asp-chan.png
183 KB, 280x400
>>44327895
>Blood Asp A
She's the quiet athletic girl that does well in almost everything, but is extremely shy so everyone thinks she's really rude and arrogant. Her route takes a turn when she accidentally cripples a girl during an athletic meet of some sort and she realizes she doesn't feel remorse like a normal person should.
>>
>>44334416
>Shatner is too old to be Hanse now.
I'm seriously devastated to hear you point this out.

Ah, what could have been...
>>
>>44334464
Don't forget the Sloth in a couple episodes, as well as the Banshee. And the Hatamoto.
>>
>>44334479
Wait, that's not the A.
Although that Config looks ten times better.
>>
Goddammit, why is caseless ammo so useless
>>
>>44334181
>As a pure curiosity I wouldn't mind seeing an optimized max-jump-movement 60 tonner whose whole point is just to punt heads.
Have we finally unearthed the mysterious purpose behind the Kuma 3?

... Nope, it's still a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>44335294
The Kuma has always been a mech that mounts IJJs on a 60-ton mech.
It was born retarded.
>>
>>44335294
>>44335764
If I was forced to bring a Kuma to a fight, it would probably be a 3 with an 8/4 or 8/3 pilot, something to keep the BV fraction of Kuma mediocre-ness down
>>
So I was reading around however i'm rather new to this game still and one thing was bothering me. When firing a weapon that requires ammunition, but you carry various pockets of ammunition on different parts of the mech, how do you determine what ammo is being used? Do you simply declare what ammo is being used and from where?
>>
>>44336771
You got it.
Unless you are mixing hotloaded and non-hotloaded ammo
>>
>>44336913
Awesome, I figured that was the idea just wanted confirmation.
>>
>>44337254
I want more choices for long-range harassment weapons.
And lighter ones, too

That is to say
>ERLPPCs when
>>
>>44337399
Whoops
Did not mean to quote
>>
>>44337399
here's an idea I had once
XLGR
>8 tons
>3 crits
>4 damage
>Ranges 9/19/27
>32 shots per ton

it's the ultimate plinking weapon
>>
>>44337645

So an attempt at an AC/2 that might actually be useful?
>>
>>44337966
But NEAutocannon have already fixed that
>>
>>44337645
>19
>19-hex medium range
what the fuck dude
>>
>>44339364

Quick, someone show him the E-LRM range bands.
>>
>>44339100

I'd still say 3x shots for AC/2 and AC/5s, and 2x shots for AC/10 and AC/20s would work best.
>>
>>44337645
Worse than the actual LGR
>>
Medium Gauss Rifle when?

Also Captcha just gave me the basilisk from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, not sure why.
>>
>>44340267
They already exist.
I believe the technical term for them is "Hollander II".
>>
As expected, Morgan Kell is selected as hero for MWO Archer released, and the write-up include the famous "phantom ’Mech ability" and credited to Randall Neil Bills (LOL! No "magic" in BT!). The mech itself is slightly improved version of -2R with Endo-Steel and Guardian ECM (in place of PMA?).
>>
File: 1450878130864.jpg (101 KB, 500x675) Image search: [Google]
1450878130864.jpg
101 KB, 500x675
>>44341239
>phantom ’Mech ability
>>
>>44341264
Reaction image is nice and all, but you could have just googled, anon.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Phantom_%27Mech
>>
>>44340916

Neg, freebirth.

Khan Bjorn Jorgensen's offices, circa 3062.

"My Khan, we have analysed the data on the Lyran Heavy Gauss Rifle and the Marik Light Gauss Rifle. Synthesising the two, we created a lighter version of the standard Gauss rifle that fired shells half the size. We then applied larger, heavier capacitors to the weapon and doubled the size of the shell again. We created what is, in effect, the very first Heavy Light Gauss Rifle. A Medium Gauss Rifle, if you will."

"So you created a normal Gauss Rifle?"

"Neg, my Khan. As I dais, it was far more complicated than that. Our new weapon has slightly less range than the Marik Light Gauss Rifle, but the Clan technology used to improve its damage allows it to deal almost twice the damage at all ranges."

"Ah. Truly a devastating weapon, then. Tell me, scientist, when will this device be ready for deployment?"

"My Khan, versions of the Mad Dog, Grizzly, and Executioner are already in the field with this new technology. We anticipate being able to add it to the Kit Fox, Nova, Hellbringer, Summoner, Timber Wolf, Gargoyle, Warhawk, and Dire Wolf within days."

"Excellent work, scientist. Now go, and do more... science... things, which will undoubtedly serve the Clan as well as your new and fearsome creation."

"Aff, my Khan. Plans are already affot to create a half-weight Improved Jump Jet that will propel units using them roughly a third as far as what the Improved models would allow."

So, normal Jump Jets then?"

"Neg, my Khan. Infinitely more complicated than that..."

LATER:

"... and that's how I convinced him to fund my research into new old Jump Jets. Quickly, where can one acquire industrial quantities of hookers and blow? I have a great deal of raw resources to spend and no oversight as to how I spend it."
>>
What other weapons should we re-engineer?
>>
>>44342459
MRMs.

Make them not crap.
>>
>>44342472
>Make them not crap.
I'm not sure you know what "re-engineer" means.
>>
>>44342650
You're right, I don't.
Lets us make a missile that has a minimum range equal to the maximum range of an SRM and a maximum range equal to the minimum range of an LRM.
>>
>>44342472

Apollo guidance.

Indirect fire.

Inferno rounds.
>>
>>44343363
>IDF MRMs
That sounds fun as hell.
>>
>>44342155
>>44340267
>Improved Gauss Rifle, or iGR
>Incorporates literally every GR tech into the design
>17 tons, 8 shots/ton, 15 damage
>Has the HAG 2/8/16/24 range profile
>can fire SBGR and normal GR ammunition
>explodes for 22 damage rather than 20
>Can also use APGR ammo
>>
Does anyone remember which book had the "These advanced things are now standard as of 30XX" rules?

I thought it was a latter TRO but I can't find it anywhere. And not the tech listing in IntOps. This came out before that.

>>44343615
I wish the Gauss Rifle could fire regular and silver bullet rounds. This would be pretty cool.
>>
>>44343795
Brush Wars included rules for introduction of experimental advanced technology pre-3050, but I don't know if there's such a thing that covers the whole history.
>>
>>44343795
One of the Dark Age books outlines the changes for that period. The one with the quadvee construction rules and all.
>>
File: 1424724530144.jpg (63 KB, 539x530) Image search: [Google]
1424724530144.jpg
63 KB, 539x530
>>44343615
>>
Biped-vees when?
>>
>>44344808
I prefer the idea of an artillery platform mech that deploys a third leg for stability.
>>
>>44343795
>I wish the Gauss Rifle could fire regular and silver bullet rounds. This would be pretty cool.
It would be.
It would also be way too good. Try replacing like 1/4th of a WALLOWSTEEL force's GRs with SBGRs. They overperform like mad.
>>
>>44343795
So an LBX-GR
Why don't you make it have a short range of 1-30 while you're at it?
>>
Okay okay

Guys

What if we had mechs

That could go from biped to quad and back again
>>
>>44329538
Last game I played. I ran 2 spiders against a commando and a lynx. One spider got its head blown off by a PPC second round. Remaining spider had a 2 machine guns and a med laser. Danced around for a few rounds. Bit the bullet and charged the commando. Ripped it within an inch of its life... Lost the spiders leg in the process. I surrendered at that point.
>>
>>44345138
Pilot rolls become easier, arm-mounted weapons and hands don't work.

Also the Clans do have a light mech that can allegedly do that in fluff.
>>
>>44345336
I wouldn't even touch something like that.
Anything that gives quad-like advantages to a biped (or worse, lets them pick between the two modes) is going to pretty much obsolete the already niche quadmech.
>>
>>44346421
And?
>>
>>44346556
Quads got it hard, and I wouldn't want to do anything to make them even more questionable.
>>
>>44346630
>>44346421
Why not take the opportunity to improve the quadmech rules then?
>>
>>44346793
Because they don't need it. Quads are, despite their disadvantages, still good units.
They also don't need idiots making "quads but better".
>>
Couldn't find this in the Mediafire links but does anyone have a link to RS:3165 Unabridged? Not NTNU, just the regular one. Thanks!
>>
>>44347787
Sorry I mean 3145, not 3165
>>
>>44345138

Bonus to punch damage

Fewer arm spaces

Bonus to run speed

Weight penalty - +10% to Internal Structure

AOE Chest Thumping attack

Pilot must consume "Feralize" to operate.
>>
>>44348117
This is honestly too dumb to be actually funny
>>
>>44346793
The main thing hurting Quad mechs is the lack of torso twist. Give that back to them and apply the "no torso twist" quirk where it ought to apply to canon units.

Alternately, they can take out the lateral movement and make that a positive quirk (with the same cost as 'no torso twist') as well.
>>
>>44348355

>thinks its serious
>>
>>44348409
What? The torso twist thing is honestly pretty minor. Or at least manageable with smart play and turreted designs ignore it outright.
No, the main thing hampering quads is the literally 16 crits they don't have that bipeds do.

forcing people to play with quirks to get access to quad benefits and maluses is retarded
>>
alright boys, tell me about those AUs of yours
>>
>>44343971
>>44344112

Before all of /tg/ vanished last night, I managed to find it.

TRO: Prototypes has the rules for advancing technology into 'standard' play.
>>
>>44345023
Yeah. You're right. I like the idea of the Advanced/Improved Gauss Rifle that can do both, but compromises on some other things though.

>>44345071
Yep. 'Cause /that's/ what I suggested...
>>
>>44344245
What does this even mean
>>
Anyone here play Aerospace from StratOps?
>>
>>44352186
As does RS:3145 NTNU.
>>
>>44353475
It does to. I thought it just had notes for updating units, not general technology.

Thanks! :-D
>>
Does anyone have pics that they are willing to share for a mechhq thing i'm putting together?
>>
>>44348409
>Alternately, they can take out the lateral movement and make that a positive quirk

That basically already exists outside construction as an SPA, Maneuvering Ace lets you do lateral shifts in bipeds, or do them for 1MP in a quad.
>>
File: example.png (56 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
example.png
56 KB, 300x150
>>44353977
What kind of pics? Like character portraits?
>>
>>4435414
exactly
>>
>>44353977
I wonder if you could pull an old /k/lass photo apart for individual images, or if ithey'd be too small?
>>
>>44354622
Just because we have a fine appreciation of butts and butt related comedy doesn't mean we're faggots.
>>
>>44354715
Please don't fall for the bait.
>>
>>44352148
I ignore everything I dislike and give more spotlight to the things I like
>>
>>44354622
Hey bitch, you're in the wrong forum. /v/ is thataway.

>when you the public hates you for the scum you are

Da fuq?
>>
>>44347787
>>44347805
There's none. Download the eight 3145 faction TROs and you'll have the complete record sheet set
>>
>>44352148
Friend of mine was discussing what could be 'next' for BTech, the idea being perhaps not to just repeat something we're already done (Clans resurgent, a new 'Something' Civil War, more Blakeists, etc.) and we wanted to avoid aliens in every respect.

We were talking about the end of the Jihad and the Drones and thought about an AI faction with drone 'Mechs (and eventually AI 'Mechs), and then stumbled upon that (surprisingly canon) Broken One adventure.

Then there was also mention of AI's going haywire after going through Hyperspace.

Kinda got us thinking that that could work. Not quite as an Ultron/Terminator-esque "Everything must die to ensure peace", but more in a pre-Matrix Machine Nation "just want to be left alone but at the same time has ambission to conquer more territory" side of things.

I'm sure people have come up with similar things in the past, but faced with more cyclical plot lines and specifically avoiding aliens, I think that could be a good idea.

And Captcha, I am not a robot. I'm a 'Mech AI who wants to take over the IS!
>>
>>44355070
Ah ok, thanks
>>
>>44355126
BattleTech's universe doesn't really work that we'll with strong AI.
Especially seeing as you could just jump into deep space and be left alone for literally thousands of years if you wanted to and didn't need supplies like humans do
>>
>>44355304
>>Especially seeing as you could just jump into deep space and be left alone for literally thousands of years if you wanted to and didn't need supplies like humans do

Yeah but where's the fun in that, and why start being 'realistic' now?
>>
Just started look at some of the LAM models IWM puts out. Are these any fun or are they just complete shit?
>>
>>44355371

We b(t)sg now?
>>
File: WhatHaveYouDone.jpg (16 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
WhatHaveYouDone.jpg
16 KB, 300x192
>>44355500
>Are [LAMS] any fun or are they just complete shit?

Please... please don't kick that nest of hornets! We beg of you!
>>
>>44355500

>IWM
>Shit or not shit

Take a wild-ass guess, anon.
>>
>>44355521
>We b(t)sg now?

*woosh*

That noise was the sound of your reference flying right over my head.

Sorry.
>>
>>44355533
>>44355540
Are you guys talking about just the miniatures? I'm curious about how they play in the game.
>>
>>44355559
I am not talking about the minis.

This is a dark path you are starting down. The topic is banned at the official forums and the last time I asked "What's the big deal with LAMs" here, I derailed the entire thread.

For some reason it's an incredibly touchy subject. I don't know why, but it just is.
>>
>>44355556

Battlestar Galactica.

>>44355559

They are great for campaign play. They are not great for tanking your opponent's entire force solo and wiping the floor with them any more.

This is completely fine.
>>
>>44355643
>>44355630
Ok well I guess I'll just stop looking into them then. Weird.
>>
>>44355944
LAMs are probably the #1 thing that throws the battletech fanbase into utter shittantrums, even more than the word "fiat".
>>
>>44356118
>even more than the word "fiat".
YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!
>>
>>44356118
>the single most provocative post in this thread due to a single word and an acronym
We could refine this into weapons-grade trollium if we so chose.
>>
>>44356118

At least it's not clan ER PPCs.
>>
>>44356288
>>44356318
WORDS THAT KILL threads
WOULD YOU SPEAK THEM TO ME?
>>
>>44356328
Aerospace.

As in, actual WarShip combat. Like three people in the history of mankind have ever played that particular part of Battletech.
>>
>>44356341
nah, talking about aerospace will probably summon NEA and/or one of the armchair aerospace guys. not really a thread killer
>>
>>44356341
Sucks for the third person. Who'd he play? Himself?
>>
>>44356344
And how many people actually respond to NEA's wallowtext?
Besides coattail-riders, that is?
>>
>>44356373
the armchair aerospace guys and maybe CA
>>
>>44356387
>Besides coattail-riders
>>
>>44356328
Relax, nobody's mentioned FASAnomics yet.
>>
File: Vulpes-chan.png (105 KB, 339x269) Image search: [Google]
Vulpes-chan.png
105 KB, 339x269
>>44356328
>>
>>44356328
official forum grudges
I don't even dare speak them aloud
>>
>>44356616
>>44356325
WHAT ARE YOU DOING!
>>
File: CHH01.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
CHH01.png
1 MB, 800x800
A motorcycle girl seemed apt considering the Horses' love of vehicles.

Imgur by demand if anyone wants to see all of the pinups so far: http://imgur.com/a/tvL8a

Happy Holidays, /btg/. Maybe I'll manage another one before New Year's.
>>
File: Periphags.png (70 KB, 1192x624) Image search: [Google]
Periphags.png
70 KB, 1192x624
>>44356687

Hey, let's talk about the Taurian Concordat and how it's totally authorial bullshit fiat that they aren't the most powerful nation in the setting again instead.

Periphery fags, not even once.
>>
Merry Christmas, ladies and gentlemen and Capellans.
>>
File: santa.jpg (38 KB, 432x407) Image search: [Google]
santa.jpg
38 KB, 432x407
>>44358438
time zones are a crazy thing, aren't they?
Merry Christmas for you too, Muninn
And for everyone else including the 3025-only groggys. Have fun wearing your Santa costume and say hi to your grandsons!
>>
File: MagnaGarurumon_b.jpg (78 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
MagnaGarurumon_b.jpg
78 KB, 320x320
You know, I think the design of Magnagarurumon could lend itself to a Mech, don't you?
>Big Gun in one arm, prolly something like the arm from a Rifleman (Large Laser and AC-5)
>What looks to be a SRM-6 in the other Arm
>one ML in each side torso
>Partial wings

If we ignore all the digimon-y bits it ought to fit right in.
>>
so there was some interesting info in the latest update from the TBS Kickstarter, i'll repost a few pieces I found interesting, if you want to read the whole thing hit the kickstarter updates page.

"With the scope of the game now clearly established by the funding goals we reached on Kickstarter, Jordan and I along with the rest of the design team have been able to really hone in on the core of what we’re making, and to start planning out the experience as a whole. We’ve established a strong set of design criteria for the game - for example: “I feel like all types and tonnages of ‘Mechs can be useful in combat.” And: “I rarely feel like concentrated fire is the only strategic solution.” It may sound obvious, but writing these goals down and referring back to them each step of the way really helps focus our prototyping efforts and ensure that the end result accomplishes everything we’d like it to."
>>
>>44358866
"The Merc Campaign

On the Mercenary campaign front, Kevin Maginn, our Design Lead, has been busy consulting BattleTech sourcebooks and furiously generating document after document like a mad-document-scientist, laying out some of the initial design foundations to implement those pillars and design goals.

The purpose of these documents is not to write a definitive spec for the game; the campaign game is just too big and complex to definitively document every possible outcome. Instead, we’re using them as a starting point to build prototypes that we’ll iterate on over the course of the next year of development. I strongly believe in rapid prototyping, team-wide feedback, and frequent iteration leading to the best possible product, and look forward to working with Kevin and the rest of the team to bring these designs to life next year."
>>
>>44358886
"Story

We’ve also been making good progress on our story for the game, the core of which will be set in a small region of the Periphery on the Rimward side of the Inner Sphere. We’re not ready to talk about story specifics yet, but I’m excited about where we’re heading with various plot points and characters. I’ve been re-reading Dune and it’s been a great source of inspiration here - not for individual plot points necessarily, but for the overall tone of court intrigue, machinations and suspicions that we’re trying to achieve with the various factions involved in our narrative."
>>
>>44358896
"Art

At the other end of the BATTLETECH team’s corner of the HBS offices, our concept art team has switched gears from concept illustrations to actually spec’ing out how a variety of systems in the game will work. We’re prototyping the 3D portrait creation system and have found some great ways to get attitude and expression out of our MechWarriors so that we don’t end up with the “blank-stare-at-the-camera” style of 3d avatars that some games end up with. We’re also cooking up an Emblem Creator for your Mercenary outfit, and a flexible framework for the cosmetic customization of your ‘Mechs - so that you can select individual paint schemes and colors, as well as add details like additional emblems and nose art. We’re also starting in on terrain pipeline and development - essentially, how do we achieve this look (referencing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPQ4cEvkjHA ), but with a full map that satisfies both gameplay and performance constraints."
>>
>>44358777
Isn't that just the Wolfs redesigning that bear superheavy Protomech and slapping a Protomech AC and some SRMs on it?
>>
>>44343795
TRO:Prototypes? There might have been another one, too.
>>
>>44327895
I'm downloading Ren'Py at this very moment.
I need to make this real.
>>
>>44359764
nevermind, hadn't gotten to >>44352186 or >>44353475 yet.
>>
I'm looking for SSW files of XTRO Primitives IV and Republic III. Anyone can help me?

>>44358918
Nice, I'll use the shit of the avatar generator to create MegaMek pilots
>>
>>44357405

I approve this image.

Was hoping you'd get around to HH sooner rather than later.
>>
File: Hells Horses.webm (486 KB, 950x530) Image search: [Google]
Hells Horses.webm
486 KB, 950x530
>>44357405
Hell's Horses represent
>>
>>44358314
Technically speaking his argument holds weight, but really it underlines the problem with FASAnomics (100 million dead in the 4th Succession War) more than a bias against the Periphery per se.
>>
File: Abort!.gif (37 KB, 206x205) Image search: [Google]
Abort!.gif
37 KB, 206x205
>>44360537
>mfw the MonMu girls could be dead ringers for the Clans
>>
>>44360553
Agreed. It's why when I do battletech I have a 10x increase in spacecraft and a 90+% reduction in population; in my battletech worlds the 4sw killed roughly 100k, not 100 million.
Of course, it's only a stopgap fix, but it works well enough for me
>>
>>44356373

People who enjoy reading well-reasoned answers, maybe, instead of autists who start to REEEEE if a post goes longer than 3 lines?
>>
>>44356344
I like to summon NEA. Aerospace/warship talk with him is one of the more interesting parts of /btg/.
Beats purple bird waifu shit, circlejerking about how Coleman is awful, and baiting Taurian fans.
>>
>>44334211
cancer
>>
>>44360854
I would say "shit-talking" rather than baiting, but yeah, talking aerospace seems to have this magical soothing effect on butthurt
>>
>>44358866
>“I rarely feel like concentrated fire is the only strategic solution.”

THIS TRIGGERS ME. PURPLE BURD STRONK. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>44360651
Who is snektits?
>>
File: Xiphos2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Xiphos2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
PDF's
>>
quad LBX-20's
>>
>>44361012
Star Adders
>>
laser boats
>>
File: 92.jpg (63 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
63 KB, 650x433
custom mechsnanotechnology
drones/ai
organic chemistry
>>
Token Democracy
Closet Fascism
Benevolent Dictatorship
>>
>>44361327
>>44361266

[Spoiler]Spolier Words[/Spoiler]
[Spoiler]Edgy Catchphrases[/Spoiler]
[Spoiler]Set of Three[/Spoiler]
>>
>>44361359
way to stay on topic.

Is this or is this not a safe space to talk about your triggers, you big sissy?

Oh right, thats EXACTLY what it is.
>>
REEEEEE

Somebody has different ideas than i do!
>>
>>44361113
So your game plan is to make the enemy conceded out of sheer aggravation at how long it takes you to roll all them dice? I like it
>>
>>44361411
>Is this or is this not a safe space to talk about your triggers ...?

4Chan isn't a safe space for anything, that's kinda the whole point. I was busy being 'triggered' by people flinging memey catchphrases about rather than complete sentences as though 'Organic Chemistry' is supposed to have some kinda deep meaning.
>>
File: rsKAkT1.png (597 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
rsKAkT1.png
597 KB, 720x540
Its a PDF!

Suffer not the witch to live!
Burn Him!
BURN HIM!!!
>>
>>44361456
Oh, but I disagree.

4chan actively censors people through group consensus. The community ignores posts it finds offensive and flings shit at anyone who challenges the hivemind.

It is truly the land of the lowest common denominator, yet somehow it draws some of the finest minds i've ever seen.

Its an anomoly, some people come here to understand the alien mindset of the common pleb and get sucked in the undertow.

Truly it is a haunting revelation to those not ready for it.
>>
>>44361520
>The community ignores posts it finds offensive and flings shit at anyone who challenges the hivemind.

I was given to understand that this is the very antithesis of censorship.

Censorship would be a lone authority memory holing posts it finds offensive and preventing users from reposting objectionable ideas.

Collective shit-flinging is the opposite.
>>
I wish there was a rule that said you could stackpole if you reach 50 or 60 heat.
>>
>>44361583
Its merely the community censoring the individual, rather than the individual censoring the community.

Personally, i think we could do with a bit more censorship in America.
>>
>>44361626
>Personally, i think we could do with a bit more censorship of things I don't like

fixed for you
>>
>>44361596
That's basically what the automatic ammo explosion thing is for, innit?
>>
>>44361644
Thank you, that is exactly what I meant and I am not the least bit ashamed of it.
>>
>>44361668
Right, because closed, censorship heavy, cultures have historically been beacons of cultural progress and advancement.

Oh, wait. No they haven't. I've no desire to return to a neo-dark-age. If that means letting lunatics like you mouth off so everyone can freely exchange ideas, that's just the price we need to pay.
>>
Design Challenge: 3058 dual gauss fuckmachines for people other than the fedcom
Bonus for including fluff
>>
>>44362407
>other than FedCom

Can't be done. You might as well ask for "balanced Clan Mechs" or "LAMs with functional rulesets"
>>
>>44362514
What.
The stealth Pillager is easily one of the best 2 gauss fuckmachines in the game.
>>
>>44361012
On that note, why were there 3 snake-based clans? There are a lot of other cool animals that could have been used. Did Kerensky like snakes?
>>
File: Durka Doo.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Durka Doo.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44362407
Challenge Accepted
>>
>>44363175
You should have seen what it was like before the great consolidation.

There were 15 clans named after turtles.

TURTLES for christ sake.

Kerensky was a closet taxonomist.
>>
Funny Clan Names GO

Fuzzy Beaver
Angry Tortoise
Raging Bull
Sitting Duck
Dancing Mongoose
>>
clan cheeky dingo
clan skank monkey
clan spicy weasel
clan farting panda
>>
>clan Wolf
>clan Wolverine
>clan Widowmaker

you can clearly see how Kerensky got lazy at the end of the alphabet
>>
>>44363295
>>44363334
Oh wait, I forgot, these are all hyphonated nouns, not verbs.

Clan Fuzz Beaver
Clan Spice Weasel
Clan Fart Panda
>>
>>44363385
Towards the end, when he started getting senile, he'd start naming clans off the taco bell menu.
>>
>>44363407
Clan Spicy Nacho
Clan Cheesy Enchalada
>>
>>44363423
Clan Loaded Griller
>>
File: Taco-Bell-Demo.png (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Taco-Bell-Demo.png
393 KB, 640x360
Only one restaurant survived the great franchise wars of the 1st succession war.
>>
>>44361596
>reread a stackpole BT novel
>take a drink every time he makes an unintentional racist remark about Asians or patronizes Asian
>die
>>
>>44363610
Check out the Warrior Trilogy, it's amazingly racist.

The two Asian nations are the stupidly incompetent enemies and they get overwhelmed by the dashing White nations with characters that are never really in trouble anyway.
>>
>>44363698

that's essentially how the real world works anyway, so I see no issue with that.
>>
>>44363295

I only wish I knew about this lore before I painted my 'Mechs up

>Mallard Green Everywhere.jpg

>>44363848
Alex, What is Vietnam?
>>
>>44364009
A war between a first world nation that tied its hands behind its back with rules of engagement against an enemy that was a proxy for the Soviet Union?
>>
>>44364273
The answers is white people that lost to Asians, anon
>>
>>44364876
White people lost to their own damn selves, anon.
>>
File: rambo.jpg (20 KB, 354x572) Image search: [Google]
rambo.jpg
20 KB, 354x572
>>44364876
>>44364910
WE DID WHAT WE HAD TO DO TO WIN, BUT SOMEONE WOULDN'T LET US WIN
>>
>>44358886
>LRMs curving around buildings

muh dick
>>
>>44360854
If you would stop wasting so much space talking about how shit /btg/ is, our average quality would go up a fair bit. 95% sure it's just you, since it's the exact same phrases and formulaic complaints every time.

Fuck off and merry christmas.
>>
>>44364009
>Alex, What is Vietnam?

a 15-1 KDR
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.