[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
that guy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 15
Share tales of outstanding public displays of autism for us to chuckle about.

>weekend cube draft at LGS
>we're setting up and some dude is hanging about and no one is around
>small talk as we shuffle the cube
>"do you guys need more people to draft?"
>"no dude, we're good, just want to keep this to friends"
>everyone rolls eyes knowing where this is going
>thus asshole hovers over the table and keeps asking to join in
>weird comments about how he's the best player at the shop but no one will admit it
>later learn he struggles to 2-2 at standard events
>timid friend finally snaps
>"holy shit, we told you no, please leave us alone for the love of all that is good in this world just fuck off dude"
>he pulls out an ecig shaped like a pipe and walks outside muttering something

So yeah, more like this cause I find this shit hilarious.
>>
File: deal with it, spider.gif (2 MB, 400x212) Image search: [Google]
deal with it, spider.gif
2 MB, 400x212
>>44319480
My current DM.
>Railroadiest of the railroadiest GMs.
>"I try to bar the door!"
>"The door disintegrates"
>Every fight is fucking Dark Souls
>At the same time, he's monty haul as fuck and drops laser rifles and shit into D&D
>Gave me something that could kill one monster per session.
>I employ it on the SURPRISE TARRASQUE after it swallowed me.
>I must now answer to all of the gods of all of the settings in his setting that contains all settings.
>mfw
>>
>>44320214
>setting that contains all settings
why the fuck do people do this?
>>
>>44320214
You deserve everything you complain about for spending more than 1 session in that game. You are as much at fault as he is.
>>
>>44320214
>setting that contains all settings.

It always seems like such a good idea. It never is. Ever.
>>
>>44320320
I follow him only out of curiosity.
>>
>invited to a 3.5 game being run by this dude from my larp, along with 2 other of my friends
>OK cool, been forever gm
>make warforged juggernaut to try something different out
>get to this dudes house and have to wait an hour for session to start while he tries to Skype his gf in
>fucking
>session finally starts, find out this chick has some kind of warforged/mecha fetish.
>to everyone's discomfort, hits on my character nonstop
>also gets pissed when she's not the star of combat or social situations
>loaded with more magic items then anyone else
>general Mary sue antics
>gm is beta as fuck and can't control her.
>session spirals down the toilet as Mary sue leaves mid game and gm spends an hour trying to get her to come back

Called the guy up and told him my work schedule changed to whenever the game was and I couldn't play anymore. Fuck that shit. Dude also read right out of a module book and didn't do anything to make it interesting.
>>
>>44319480
Maybe I'm a retard but why didn't you just let him join in. He may have been an alright guy before you shunned him.
>>
>>44320928
>Want to do a thing with friends
>"Why didn't you just let him join?"

Playing is not an entitlement. If OP and his friends wanted to just play with their own group, they have the right.
>>
>>44320875
>gm is beta as fuck and can't control her.
>Called the guy up and told him my work schedule changed to whenever the game was

Pot. Kettle. African-american.
>>
Pretty sure the group I just left was nothing but "That Guy"s

>That GM read right of the the adventure book word for word. Froze up when anything went off the rails. Didn't understand the system's rules either
>That Girl playing backseat GM and "correcting" the GM whenever it benefit her
>That Guy #1 who read the book the GM was using and instantly knew about/found everything
>That Guy #2 who would wait until the party decided on an action, and then try to do the opposite of that action
>It took the group three 3-4 hour sessions to clear out what was basically a five room dungeon (there were actually about 20 rooms but only 5 of them were not completely empty)

Told them their style of game just wasn't for me and that I wouldn't be coming back.
>>
>>44320957
>Want to play game with friends
>goes to LGS instead of home to only play game with friends
>OP's autistic friend meltdown's over a troll and a game
>>
>>44320991
K, cool
>>
>>44320875
see
>>44321008
>Told them their style of game just wasn't for me and that I wouldn't be coming back.
This is how you do it, you milk-drinker.
>>
>>44321057
Consider this
I don't give a shit
>>
>>44321080
Don't pretend to be a hardass now that you're on the interweb, you puss.
>>
>>44321093
Pot. Kettle. African-American
>>
>>44321009
>LGS has tables sized to accommodate a cube draft
>Friend got pissed after being harrassed

Are you autistic?
>>
>>44321009
>Thinking LGS should force games between strangers.
>I think we found that guy.
>>
>>44320875
>GM gf
I would have walked immediately. Female GM are cool. Female players are cool. GM girlfriends never are.
>>
>>44321177
I've seen it work a few times. My current group has includes a former-GM (I replaced him due to time concerns) and his girlfriend, and they're both great players. They just have to not be assholes.
>>
>>44321177
I started gming with my girlfriend as a player recently. It's going well enough from my perspective. My players know full well to tel me to cut the shit tho if it gets bad, and my gf would never want any favoritism from me
>>
>>44321195
It's generally good if they're past the "fawning" part of the relationship.
>>
>>44321104
Full-circle kek
>>
>>44321227
True. Any relationship's that gone on for more than half a year tends to be okay-ish.
>>44321223
It's less favouritism and more that they tend to either 1) Flirt all the time or 2) The girl's not really that interested. Not sure why.
>>44321195
>players
That's fine. Worst case one can ask them to tone it down or whatnot. My current partner isn't too interested and never played, and honestly given the one before that I'm glad.
>>
just one That Guy and he's not really that bad.
>Have to force him to read the rules even though he reads shit on his phone all day anyways
>Never names his characters unless I tell him to.
>All his characters are kind of brooding. Even the CG cleric and LG paladin he plays are Broody.
>Never on his phone at games though, guess that's nice
>>
>Friend wants to DM a VtM campaign
>His first time DMing but he's an overall cool (if a bit weird) guy.
>All his characters have the exact same personality.
>They're all overpowered thugs who keep using force and threats to intimidate us, all the time.
>They also are always super special snowflakes, like that one time we found a ghost who used to be a Baali that also learned magic and had "the three Destiny Gems" in his forehead.
>"Hey anon, come here, I'll show you how I make the sheets for my NPC's"
>Literally puts every stat to the max and adds 3 to 5 points Celerity, Fortitude and Potence to each and everyone of them.
>At the end of each session he spends 5 minutes telling us how we have no idea on how to roleplay vampires.
>>
>>44321411
>>At the end of each session he spends 5 minutes telling us how we have no idea on how to roleplay vampires.
Let me guess. He thinks all vampires should be broody 24/7 and never think about others at all?
>>
Not so much that guy but quite autismal

>First ever time doing TTRPG
>Playing Void, survival horror sci fi RPG
>Host is really nice, know him to this day, pretty big in the gaming industry, name is Bill
>Several others arrive, all fairly normal
>at a guys house when he didn't expect it, cobbled together chairs around a table
>We all take shitty chairs to be polite
>All except C
>C is a manwhale of a manchild, sits on the best chair there is without guilt

>first session creating characters
>Bill is reading off traits we could have
>names autism as a negative trait
>'Bill, could I have autism as a positive trait?'
>Bill says OK
>Other guy, call him R says
>'What would that do? Give +10 to fanfic writing?'
>C looks him straight in the eye
>"Actually, I HAVE autism!"
>Entire table goes quite and we look at eachother while C is busy

>Next session
>9/10 french foreign exchange student has joined the party
>fairly modest, no one makes a deal about it
>all except C
>We take 20 minutes out the first session to help her make her character
>"What traits can I take that improve my charisma?"
>C leans in
>"Well, you could always take sexual magnetism, but I see you already have that!".
>She refuses to even look at him for the rest of the game.

Continue?
>>
>>44321468
You got it.

>>44321533
Didn't you already post this two or three days ago? I'm fairly sure I've already read this not long ago.
>>
>>44321533
Please don't, we can already see where it's heading
>>
>>44321615
Yeah, I did.

>>44321631
TL;DR he posted disgusting stuff about him not washing on the forums we use, fell asleep awkwardly midgame and was subsequently chucked out by the DM.
>>
>>44319480
So, what was the harm in letting him play?
You kinda sound like That Guy
>>
>>44321645

It's like a trainwreck. I know it's going to end horribly, but I can't turn away. Link to the original material?
>>
>>44321660
Original Material?

I'll actually find the original forum posts he made. They're downright disgusting but probably the best part.

Here it is.
>>
>>44321660
Second post by him.

Note the scary accuracy of his bus times.

I would show the PM we all got explaining why he was chucked out but apparently they are deleted after a while.
>>
>>44319480
>fat, bearded, 17 year old asshole with a stutter, known solely by his surname at my Lgs
>comes in every day with his asshole commander decks, that dont win, instead just ruin your game
>somehow thinks this is funny. I do this, but I play grouphug in the same coloured container in the same sleeves for dramatic effect.
>plays Grixis Delver for modern
>play against him with Tokens, sideboards 4 surgical extractions and manages to "top deck" all of them (I saw him cheat)
>abuses everyone for making what he considers to be misplays even when they arent, not giving advice, abuses, sets off even the most tolerant of people.
>plays Miracles for legacy, badly, but extremely quickly, loses his shit and does this annoying nervous tick whenever you actually think about what you are doing.
>"WHY ARENT YOU PLAYING YOUR GOYF?! PLAY THE FUCKING GOYF INTO MY COUNTER TOP ALREADY!"
Im pretty sure there would be people who know him on here
>>
>>44321709
My bad.
>>
>>44321656

See

>>44320928

and

>>44320957
>>
>>44321533
this guy doesn't seem that bad.

He took the comfy chair, wanted autism as a positive stat and complimented the ugly exchange student.

This is all it takes to ruffle your feathers? :D
>>
>>44320347
Does a setting of all settings contain itself?
>>
>>44321722
>this guy doesn't seem that bad.

It's you, isn't it?

You can say it's you. That's fine. We're all fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls here, you can just say it.

FUCKING SAY IT, YOU FILTH MAGGOT.
>>
>>44319480
>struggles to 2-2
Holy shit literally just make a half decent deck, people bring absolute trash to standard events
>>
>>44321723
A setting containing all settings would have to contain all settings twice.

Maybe that's what Wizards is up to lately with MtG.
>>
>>44321688
>>44321717

Does he have hydrophobia or something?
>>
>>44321800
No idea, he hasn't signed up for a single game since he was chucked out of that one.

Probably more the case he just doesn't like to wash.
>>
>>44321812
That's just disgusting
>>
>>44321656
This is exactly what I said.
>>
>>44321812
dude don't erase the username and url.

let us see
>>
My entire group is "That Guy". They also happen to be the only people i know in the area who play and are my best friends. So fuck.

>One player literally will not read books or learn rules unless they're passively by us telling him what to do over the course of sessions. Whenever we start new characters or a new system he always just says to make a sheet for him because we "know what he likes"

>Another only plays the strong, brooding badass, and throws a fit whenever games stop the dungeon crawling and they deal with npcs he can't just slap around

>the last changes how his character acts and how they fight based on whatever is his favorite anime at the moment. He's also the only other one who will ever DM other than me and literally every one of his games is anime plot line + shoe horned waifus for our characters
>>
>>44321842
I'm scared enough that one of the people in that game would find this thread, I know for a fact several of them browse.
>>
>>44321850
they'd recognize it anyway wouldn't they? haha
>>
>>44321008
I know a guy who's number 1 and 2 combined. Well, he tries his hardest to be number 1, but it's not always possible. As a GM (dear god) he's the same, except more that he absolutely won't let anything go differently than he intended it to. The players will just make a game of fighting with him for hours over some hilarious railroad shit, then never play again.

One time he started a Kingmaker campaign and there was a Tarrasque roughly 'over there'
like, there was somehow only one way we could possibly go to escape the wilderness that a random wizard teleported us into for the campaign, and it was blocked in its entirety by a Tarrasque
>>
>>44321723
Does it contain setting where it and other settings including settings that include all settings aren't included?
>>
>>44321844

Sorry to tell you this, but "that guy" is always the outlier of the group. Always. There are no universally-accepted traits for "that guy". If you think everybody in your group is "that guy", that can only mean one thing.

You are That Guy, and you need to get the fuck out.
>>
>>44321177

My current DM's gf plays as well. She's pretty good at RPing and not a source of drama. The only real problem is that he is soft on her if she should technically be dead. However, he does this in certain circumstances for other players as well, so whatever.
>>
>>44321844
Holy shit. People try to force children NPCs onto payers in real life? I thought that was just a lie.
>>
File: xiFfUnQ[1].gif (5 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
xiFfUnQ[1].gif
5 MB, 400x225
>have thread on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
>suddenly, That Guy
>fire doesn't set fire to things unless it specifically says so in the rules
>chaos gods are individual personas with their own will, and can stop being the way they are at whim
>magic sucks because it's not as powerful as in DND and doesn't outdamage everyone else while maintaining utility
>a 10% chance to get insanity points is devastating!
>End Times and Age of Sigmar is canon, even though the thread is expressly intended for Warhammer Fantasy, not spin-offs!
>attempt to report him for off-topic, trolling and shit-posting
>report function captcha is not working
>we're stuck with him forever, in every thread, same arguments, again and again.
>we have no mouth yet we must scream
>autist's face when
>>
>>44321759
haha I'm not, but he doesn't seem nearly as bad as our GM, who we all love.
>>
File: Kingdom-hearts-2.jpg (700 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom-hearts-2.jpg
700 KB, 1280x1024
>>44320284
Because our minds have been poisoned by popular media, and some of us lack the ability to properly distinguish what made it work and what didn't.
>>
>>44321964

It's okay, I reported him.
>>
>>44322007
kingdom hearts is fucking disgusting
>>
>>44321800
One of the many disadvantages of autisim is a strong negative reaction to certain physical sensations. "Water on the skin" is one of them.
I know this because I have it.
Before you get any ideas: I shower twice a day, before and after work, because I am a grown-ass man, as I keep telling myself, and understand the importance of not stinking to high heaven. I hate every second of it, but I do it for the same reason I eat terrible tasting food like broccoli or pay my electric bill, because my quality of life is higher for doing it.
Maturity is doing things you hate so you can have things you love as well.
>>
>>44322016
Yeah, no shit.
>>
>>44321909
But that's fucking retarded. "That Guy" does have a universal trait, being disruptive. Find me a "That Guy" story that does not involve "That Guy" disrupting the game. Anon running games for his friends despite some habits he may not care for is not being "That Guy".
>>
>>44321104
Underrated post.
>>
>>44322027
Can you take a bath or generally submerse yourself under water?
>>
I accidentally created a that guy, and I had to tell him to fix his shit or leave before he got his feelings hurt by everyone else in my group.

>be in a group since highschool
>one of the underclassmen finds out we play table top rpgs and decides he likes them
>we have never really hung out with him before, but figure it can't be that bad
>make the mistake of using the "you can do anything" line explaining the game
>let new DM start running game that session
>we all figure it'll be an interesting experience for new DM and new player
>let's call the new guy Mick
>Mick makes what I will call a homebrew class
>realistically, it was just a broken warlock/wizard that was multiclassed incorrectly
>new guy asks if he can play two characters
wut
>"you mean like having a familiar? Here's a chart of all the animals you ca-"
>Mick means two characters
>wants to play as a monk also
>a shardmind monk who owned a local business
>in our established setting
>DM takes the bait and puts the monk in as a friendly NPC in town

>Whole group realises faster and faster that this boy lacks social skills
>rarely gets jokes and asks for explanations
>when he gets jokes, he makes sure we know it with a bout of the loudest forced laughter ever

>game begins and Mick picks up the resident female's (we'll call her Katie) d20 because he didn't have one
>throws it up and catches it to get attention like some kind of showy anime character
>rolls it and lands a natural 20 without declaring an action
>everyone waiting to see why he interrupted GM's description of the city
>"I summon the monk!"
>table is quiet, but new DM (we'll call him Neck) recovers his pace
>assumes he misspoke and tells Mick where the monk lives
>corrects GM to say that no, the monk lives in a cave on another plane and he has to be summoned

cont'd
>>
>>44322248

>"I already rolled a 20 so now he's here, right?"
>GM knew something like this would probably happen eventually (assuming 20 means success)
>GM explains that it means a crit only and defuses situation
>GM goes further and explains that the monk does indeed live in the city
>autistic sounds are heard from Mick's direction, but do not disrupt the game again
>after some exposition, find out the Mick, in an attempt to draw him into the game, is involved in the plot
>his parents were traders and left a caravan to him or some shit, but it had been robbed
>Mick corrects DM to say that his parents are immortal and live on a plane where nothing bad can hurt them
>table quickly realizes that he intends this to be a competitive storytelling game and not an RPG.

The session ended when his mother showed up banging on the front door picking him up. We retconned his character, asked him to not come back, and I appologized for getting his hopes up.
>>
>>44319480
its like a face mullet
>>
>>44321008
My DM was almost like yours but then he just started rolling with it. Said fuck it. Made shit up as he went.
We have that guy that doesn't roleplay in any sense. asked for a mulligan when he bought a sword with the same stats as his current one because he didn't know they were the same.
>>
>>44320214
Why do you allow him to DM for you?
>>
>>44322235
Oddly, yes. Though American bathtubs generally suck, especially if you are as tall as I am. If I want to get my shoulders wet reclining in a bath, I have to put both my feet halfway up the wall
>>
>>44322437
Well, now I feel that I kinda understand why autistic kids have those activities where they play with jelly, foam and other "weird" textures.
>>
>>44322487
My texture is "T-Shirt cotton". I'm fucking lucky. They make bedsheets in my texture, and it doesn't look wierd to wear it every day. Hell, in winter I can wear a cotton undershirt, a cotton long sleeved shirt, and a cotton overshirt and look fucking normal.
>>
>>44322248
>>44322321
This isnt any old autism. This is advanced autism
>>
My group has slowly turned into a mass of That Guys over the years. Waiting to find a new group before moving on.

D
>wants to play children in every game, preferably female children
>drinks half gallon of cheap wine at each game
>had to be barred from computer access at table because he was looking up porn
>games he runs fall apart because he doesnt plan past second session

S
>lies about dice rolls
>tries to sneak in homebrew classes and feats with no permission
>always 2 hours later than what he promises to be there
>games he runs are more about his dmpcs than actual playing
>relies on taking all the pc's ear to build a challenge
>will kill your character if you are useful

T
>former neet and only allowed at sessions because D's friend
>moves to Australia, D demands we skype him in
>does nothing on skype but does nothing outside combat
>heard him masturbating once on the call
>all campaigns he runs are over complicated plot messes that never end but trail away
>>
>>44323187
R
>doesnt build his own character
>doesnt update his character
>yells over people until he is the leader of the group
>texts his wife and kids the entire time we play
>never runs but threatens we wouldnt survive his games

M
>lives in filth
>got roaches in my house twice
>been caught with loaded dice at old play spot
>will tell you a fact is a lie, turn around and tells someone else the fact as law
>makes up stories about navy he was never in
>builds characters and picks them as we play, no matter if they dont fit into setting or campaign at all

Other T
>No social skills
>never runs in a system twice
>all social situations in his game are exposition or rolls
>shows up 3 hours early to session
>no direction in his campaign, no over all plot until like 5 sessions in
>only thing he plans out is item availability and his dungeons
>>
>>44323187
Your group has AIDS. Sorry to tell you that.
>>
>>44323276
unless you're actually friends with these people, there is no reason to play with them.

Just search for a game in the gamefinder thread and you'll find saner and more rational people than your group.
>>
>>44323337
R's my dad so I got into the hobby by going with him on game weekends.

Thought about taking him and Other T if I left to make a new group but R would probably not leave if S was still with the other group.
>>
>>44323388
Other T doesn't seem too bad. Apart from being socially incompetent most of your complaining is about his GMing skill which can be bypassed by just not letting him run games.

I would say S isn't too bad either but lying about rolls tells a lot about a person, and I personally wouldn't have them in a group.
>>
>X race doesn't work like that!
>TG, this is not the setting you're talking about
>yes but they're the same race!! they should conform to my view!!
>but in here, X work like this because of Y, Z, P, Q and R reasons
>so it's just bootleg X? woooow

i can't even pinpoint who exactly said this because i've heard it so many times and with so many races and creatures
why don't people let fantasy be fantasy?
>>
>>44323583
Because of the exact reasons in your greentext.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>Be on online game
>Find homebrew game based around Persona which I really like
>Sweet, ok, This might be fun
>Get in and find GM in the chatroom before we start
>Turns out GM hasnt played any of the games in the franchise (His only experience is by watching a lets play)
>Okay, that's stupid but ok
>Turns out he's also literally mentally impaired (Has a learning dissability that fucks up his writing like you wouldnt believe)
>It's a text based game
>Okay I'm a patient man, fine, I can handle that
>start talking about my character, whisper him so it wouldnt appear in the chat archive or anything
>GM dosent whisper and basically starts spilling the beans for every bit of info I give him
>Give up, say goodbye and wait for the session
>Session comes, I'm a little bit late and it has already started (had to drive my little sister)
>there were 10 players in the main forum
>There's like 4 in the session max (Still hasnt gone farther than that)
>I've told the GM that if I could be introduced first then be kidnapped or something so that I could enter the team (Kidnappings were the main thing in the game)
>Okay I'll wait so they can finish and we can start properly
>"Youu pen te door and see (my character)"(sic)
>wat.jpg
>Have to wing it, characters start talking about dragons and shit, all the while I had to act like if I was in the know to begin with
>It dosent end there
>My character is an adult and according to the GM, only teenagers may have personas, while adults have a 1 in a million chance to have personas
>Ok I can work with that
>Was planning to get my persona and all those magic powers during a boss or something (Because in this game there's no facing your true self or anything like that, some new guy popped a persona by thinking really hard, I swear to god)
>Inform GM about wanting to get my persona later in the game instead of right now
>"Ok"
>Later game
>(cont)
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 120x90
>>44324037
>HALF of the players that were before (which wasnt more than 6) where here
>GM decides to fucking AI roleplay as them
>Now I'm watching the resident genki girl slurr half of her words like she had brain hemorrhage
>OK, I CAN HANDLE IT IT'S NOT SO BAD
>Start playing with my character
>Tell them I have to leave soon (I just wanted to get out)
>Leave
>Next day I check the chat archive to catch up
>"(My character) uses healing MAGIC on player"
>MAGIC
>FUCKING MAGIC
>THE ONE THING I TOLD HIM THAT I WISHED I GOT LATE IN THE GAME
>IT'S OKAY, IT'S OKAY, HIS MOMMA PROBABLY STILL FEEDS HIM AND DRESSES HIM UP SO IT'S OKAY
>Play it cool, I'll just retcon it myself and act like I was applying bandages
>Next session, boss fight
>Okay maybe I'll have some instance where I'll get my persona
>Whisper GM exactly about that
>Dosent answer
>ok
>Keep fighting the monster
>One enemy shoots and critically misses a player
>"His shot misses and hits"
>"(My character)"
>He critically missed, but insetead of it being detrimental to him, it hits me
>This isnt the only time it happened
>GM bends the rule of fucking physics to suit his weird homebrew ruleset
>One time a player shot someone, critically missed, and the bullet pulled a fucking Holhorse and went straight back at him, injuring himself
>by this time I was just fucking jaded
>Didnt got an instance either, thinking of just saying fuck it and start using magic like it's nothing, and like I was always a persona user or some shit
>Only reason I stay is because the character interaction is really nice and the players are quite friendly and helpful
>Now the people I roleplayed with havent been online for like 3 or 4 sessions
>Sessions are now 2 or 3 people's worth
>New guys come in like pigs to the fucking slaugther
>Even if I leave it would still take me some time to find a new game since I can only play text only due to my toaster computer
>Those players deserve a better GM
>That GM should try not being a GM
>>
>>44322027
That is the opposite of autism
>>
>>44323187
>>44323276
your group is awful and you should stop playing with them
>>
>>44324305
Anon confirmed for not knowing what autism actually is
>>
File: 1342557471523.jpg (20 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
1342557471523.jpg
20 KB, 192x192
>>44320875
>Called the guy up and told him my work schedule changed to whenever the game was and I couldn't play anymore.

you're more beta than he is
>>
>>44321008
I'm a that guy #1, I'm magic item obsessed, not my fault.
>>
>>44324262
>>44324037
Obviously not your fault the game went to shit but the warning signs were pretty obvious dude.
>Homebrew
>obscure setting
>Minimal contact with source material
>Writing problems in a writing only medium

I don't know how much you like persona but you have to imagine it was way past the time to jump ship and get an actual game, don't you think?
>>
>>44324509
Yeah, I keep telling myself that maybe I could pull trough, the moment I get invited for another game I'll just leave straight away
>>
>>44322248
>Making jokes during game time

The only that guy I see is you.
>>
>>44324637
HATS ON!
>>
>>44322027
>Maturity is doing things you hate so you can have things you love as well.

I'd say that cuts to the core of matters quite well. I have assburgers, and this is one of the things that makes my life difficult. And every case of these manchildren being That Guys comes down to problems with personal responsibility and the like.
>>
File: ykT87Vc.jpg (54 KB, 699x256) Image search: [Google]
ykT87Vc.jpg
54 KB, 699x256
>>44324305
>This is the opposite of autism

Tfw you realize that "autism" on 4chan has become a word completely divorced from its original meaning, much like "fag"
>>
>>44324722
I blame bad parenting myself. Most of the irritating assburger types I've met always had parents that supplied everything for them so they never had to work. You don't learn to tolerate unpleasant things that need doing when you've never been forced to before.
>>
>>44324748
This is my problem with basically every other assburger on the planet. Their partents were never straight with them and they grew up being coddled. Fun fact, the blind kids who do the best are those who AREN'T swaddled in fucking cotton clothes and have to learn to live in a world that doesen't care. It's the same principle.
>>
>>44324722
>>44324748
>>44324768
Can confirm. I'm not quite one of the modern bubble children, but my parents were strict about resources - time, money, responsibility, attention, etc. Days weren't planned to the minute, but when plans were made I was trained to adhere and not argue, because "it's what was best and so you can learn."

But I didn't learn jack shit, because I was insulated from any sort of result (negative OR positive) so now I struggle with managing my own time, because without constant supervision my mind slips into "do what you can now, because you don't know when you'll have freedom again".

tl;dr People are immature, ignorant assholes because they were insulated, never allowed to mature or encounter opposition, and thus have no experience with success and failure.

Let your kids eat the damn dirt and cut their knees. They'll thank you for it later.
>>
>>44324748
Eh, I had parents like that, but I don't feel coddled. They coddled me materialistically, yes. But that is because they are wealthy, and it's also as far as it went. At the same time my non-assburgers sister has no problem leading a normal, adult life, and she's just as (if not more) coddled as I am.

And having had to listen to my parents claim how everyone ELSE is coddling their kids by being soft on them, I haven't much faith in the raising-them-wrong theory. If we are going to point the finger to parenting, I wouldn't say it's coddling, I'd say it's refusing to foster independent thought and action, which is definitely what my parents did. One of my earliest memories is my dad getting pissed, and I do mean absolutely livid and threatening to slap me around, because I ate a snack in town without his consent because "I won't be hungry for dinner".

My parents wanted to have a lot of control over my life. And because I'm an autist retard, I gave it to them. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what people call coddling has a little bit of control mixed in, as well.
>>
>>44321722
It may not come across well in text, but there's a line between complimenting and being creepy. That Guy is almost invariably creepy.
>>
>>44319480

Pointing and laughing at "autistic" behavior just encourages it.
>>
>>44321909
pls
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/That_Guy_Destroys_Psionics
>>
>>44322007
That idea's a hell of a lot older than Kingdom Hearts. I mean, Moorcock's Eternal Champion ur-character is technically in all settings as well, whether anyone says he is or not.
The Doctor, from Dr. Who, is even technically considered one iteration of the champion.
>>
>>44319480
That's hardly autism. Sure, there's a lack of understanding social cues, but he just seemed to me like a dude trying to make some friends with his same hobbies.
>>
This thread might die, but does anyone want to hear a story?
Said story is a long one, but I have a while.
>>
>>44328663
Sure, go ahead dude.
>>
Alright, here goes.
First, let me present you all the cast for this little epic of shittery.
>Me
Along with Link, the first one in contact with Jav. I can be a bit of an asshole sometimes, but I do try to curb it. The key word here being try, of course. I like to main rogues archetypes.
>Colin
Canadian bro, likes to main tech monkeys. Me and him became friends fairly quickly, for some reason. Likes playing WoT.
>Link
Yandere fetishist and full time stoner, impossible to piss off. Current DM for a SWN game, and a decent one, at that. A bit generous in rewards, but it's evened out over time. Doesn't really have a main but likes playing crazy chicks. His current character in Shadowrun, for example, is a bipolar pixie mage who thinks that trolls are taking over the world, despite rooming with one.
>Volk
Nondescript, really. All around bro, had a bad concussion halfway through the game and was out of commission for a few weeks. Upon returning, he has been slightly off. Progenitor of space Heisenberg.
>Jav
That Guy. At first, wasn't all that bad, but over time developed some sort of hatred for me. DM'd a total of three games, and apparently has a magical realm for cats. Yeah.
>>
>Toaster
DM of Shadowrun, not much to say about this one. He's alright, I just haven't spoken to him much outside of the game.
>Scott
Other Canadian bro, also not that noteworthy. Kind of a less assholish me. Loves to post that fucking throat singing video in the chat. Seriously, I think he gets off to it or something.
>Austin
Joined halfway through, he's fine, but kind of rubs me the wrong way. Has a tendency to rope people into things like vidya. As in, begs the dude to buy vidya on steam so they can play. Got me to play broforce (pretty good), and Vertiginous Golf (not so much).
Anyone else interested in more?
>>
>>44328783
Only if it's funny or really painfully cringy.
>>
>>44328813
Oh, ye of little faith.
Keep in mind this story takes place over a little less than a year, from January to around the end of October. There are around five games, and a few isolated incidents that happened during this period, so for tonight, I'm gonna recall the first one.
So, I was bored one night, and decided that I was going to try and find an RPG online. I was new to the online part of it, and spent some time trying to join a Serenity game that never got off the ground. Eventually, I managed to stumble upon a game kind of like Madoka Magica. For those of you who don't know, Madoka Magica is pretty much if Sailor Moon was directed by Stanley Kubrick. Needless to say, I was pretty hyped. Jav, the DM, said that he was new to this, and I figured that was fine. Oh, how little I knew...
>>
All in all, 4 people joined the game, including me. First was Mono, a guy who was edgy as balls. Dude's first character was just described as "a girl who stabbed people in the dead of night while singing Hatsune Miku" before the DM shut it down. Instead, he decided to just play some sort of brooding, serial killer motherfucker. The next one to join was Jess. Jess made Himeko, who I could best describe as the most happy go lucky girl in the world. She had a great empathy stat, but was middling to poor in everything else. Next was Link, who rolled up a fairly nondescript character, and kind of just faded away for most of the game. Myself, I decided to roll up a classic delinquent with a motivation stat of 1, which meant that he was essentially a zombie.
Before I continue, I should probably mention that this was all homebrewed, if you hadn't already guessed that. From what I can remember, there were four main stats. Motivation, Empathy, Strength, and Sanity. Aside from that, there was actually something I kind of enjoyed. One of the points to the game was that each of us had a secret that shaped who we were. Personally, I chose mine to be that as a child, my mother had gotten in a car crash, killing my little brother. A little edgy, maybe, but fuck you, I liked it.
>>
Back to the story, the first session opens with the party sitting through class. We all get texts from a mysterious number telling us to come to an abandoned room after school. Being bored high school students, we do that. When we get to the room we gradually pieced together that we all got the same text. At that moment, some cat walks through the door, which was shut the last time we remember, flanked by two of our classmates that we remember went missing months ago. The cat promptly announces (don't ask how) that it knows everything about us, and that we should consider ourselves in its employ. My character, while directionless and thuggish, wasn't stupid, and promptly decided to get out while the getting was good. One beatdown later, the cat decided to tell us a little bit of what the fuck was going on. As it turns out, we had magic flowing through our veins, and we needed to "release people's hearts," in order to grow stronger, and banish hatred from the world. Not having much choice, we agreed, and signed the contract.
>>
Next session, we all meet up back after school, and in the midst of discussing our predicament, we saw a thug chasing a woman through the park. Only I was statted for combat, but four on one is still a pretty one sided fight, and we quickly made short work of the thug. When we tried to help the woman, however, we discovered a massive hole in her stomach. Seems before she got away, the unnamed thug managed to chib her with a knife which for some reason he never pulled on us.
She had a baby in her arms, and with her dying breath told us to take care of it. My character doesn't give a shit either way, and Jess' tells us that we need to go to CPS. Jav shuts that idea down, hard. Obviously, we were a little confused as to why we couldn't do that, which was pretty reasonable seeing that we were not really fit to take care of a kid. Jav just tells us that it's important to the plot and says to keep it. Lovely. After that, the cat appears in my room and tells me some cryptic shit about my brother. Shortly after that, she tells me to sneak out and meet with the others. I say fuck that, and try to go back to sleep, whereupon she teleports me to a low key diner. Fucking mages.
>>
Freshly teleported, I make my way inside the Diner, where Link and Jess are deep in an argument about something. Seems that our teacher has been acting weird lately, and Jess thought we should pursue it further, while Link thought we should focus on finding any relatives the kid has. Eventually, we decided that we would tail our teacher tomorrow, and once that was solved, we would find a home for the kid.
Next day, I'll skip forward to the teacher in his house having a heart attack. Jess starts CPR, I'm looking for a way to shut the fucking kid up (I still have no idea why we brought him,) and Link is standing there in shock when the cat appears, and, in the space of two sentences, reveals that she's a witch, and is going to kill our teacher and steal his soul or something. I mean, I know not everyone isn't a master of creating tension, but Christ, at least space shit out a bit.
>>
Any lurker interested in more? Cause here is where it gets really fucked.
>>
>>44322016
can't fault shimomura's soundtrack though.
>>
>>44329018
Firstly, WALL OF TEXT. We use greentext for a reason. Summarise

Secondly, I'm not seeing a 'that guy' yet. This just seems like a fairly boring and badly made homebrew game at this point.
>>
>>44329043
>wall of text
>4 fucking lines

read a fucking book, nigger
>>
>soul sucking paladin in a party of vagabonds
>won't let the rogue do any sneaking or spying
>won't let the ranger do anything for money (which is his character's ONLY REASON for being in the party)
>role play pretty much boils down to his Paladin of Pelor schtik with little to no input from the rest of us
>go an entire hour where the paladin was the only one rping
>overran other's attempts to participate, ignored others OOC when we talked about letting everyone have a fair share of the spotlight
>druid getting tired of this shit
>not in character to just kill him, but paladin won't change habits
>druid starts down path to gain cryohydra form
>could just become a bear and kill him, but wants to destroy him now
>slowly starts to change own character to go from chaotic neutral to eventually become neutral evil (think of going from innocent child of the forest to eco-terrorist as a response to the evil man inflicts on the world etc.)
>plans to force a confrontation since paladin cannot abide evil things to live
>paladin has threatened to kill anyone with evil alignment
>druid plays along the edge between alignments until the time is right
>the final fight will force everyone in the party to choose sides
>druid becoming BBEG on the sly to kill the paladin now the most interesting part of the game

Only I know about druid's final plan. I'm excited to see where it leads.
>>
>>44329091
A book's more well spaced than that. The only reason it's in 4 sections is because of the word limit.

I'm just giving friendly advice here. If it ain't nice to read and to the point people won't bother reading it, despite the amazing story you may be telling.
>>
>>44329043
Maybe I ought to skip ahead to the fun, then.
>Anyways, the A-Team shows up.
>Literally, like the fucking A-Team, complete with a painful Mr. T. impression.
>We get rescued, taken to their hideaway in an abandoned warehouse.
>After that, while we were discussing looting the armory, the which suddenly appears and just sets a bomb in the middle of the party.
>Not a magical bomb, mind you. Just a fucking brick of plastic explosive.
>>
>>44329146
>So the bomb detonates, killing the A-Team, yet somehow leaving us unharmed, despite being like 5 feet away.
>The witch warps in next to the kid, and starts to nom on it's delicious baby soul.
>Link tackles her, I take the kid, we bolt.
So now we're dodging police while bitching Jav out OOC over why the shit he thought a bomb would be a good idea.
Eventually, we get caught by a very confused cop, and that's where the session ends.
>>
>>44329134
>>44329043
If you don't want to read then you don't deserve a good story
>>
Apparently, he thought that the A-Team was a bad idea (which it was), and decided to scrub the idea. The fact that he did so with a bomb, completely dicking us over in the process is apparently because he panicked and acted on the spur of the moment.
So not much else happens, except that Jess got fed up and decided to just send the kid to CPS and leave, which caused the game to grind to a halt.
>>
>>44321723
Yes.

To avoid this annoying recursion, I'd recommend instead a multiverse setting containing all settings that don't contain themselves. This should solve all problems.
>>
So after the session Jav claimed that he saw the light. We asked him a lot of questions, often involving why the shit the baby showed up, and how he thought that was a good idea.
Anyways, there are like four other stories, The Mercs game, the SWN game, The Shadowrun game, and the "Unnatural" incident.
Which one do you guys want to hear first?
>>
>>44321722
>:D
>>
I'm lucky I haven't had any terribad groups yet, but my main group of internet buds get kinda annoying to DM for. They really want to play, and are willing to try out any setting or system, which is super cool, but every session devolves into extreme amounts of sarcasm and silliness, and any attempts to reign them in usually fall flat. One of them has a penchant for trying to kill important characters, but I've called him out on it.
>>
>>44329346
unnatural sounds amusingly horribad
>>
>>44322027
>>44324722

The personal responsibility part is always what annoys me. I have moderate assburgahs and I make a constant, very difficult effort to interact normally and do things normal people do, and it pays off decently. So when I hear someone use autism as an excuse to be an obnoxious manchild it ruffles the fuck out of me.
>>
>>44329574
Alrighty then, Unnatural it is.
Just as a bit of background info for this, I'm gay. I usually joke around about it, and I don't really mind if a friend calls me a faggot, you know?
The minute I came out of the closet to Jav, I could tell he was uncomfortable with it. You know, he was just trying to dodge the subject subtly, and with Jav, subtle meant just saying something along the lines of
>This is making me uncomfortable, let's talk about something else."
I said fuck you, I'm joking around and having fun, and he dropped it.
Fast forward a few months, Jav is now on all of our nerves, this time bitching about something like not having money. We say get a job, he says no, we say then shut the fuck up. Typical shit.
Then, as I'm playing vidya, I get a call.
I decide to answer it because why not?
Austin called, said he was bored and wanted to talk.
So we have a fairly enjoyable conversation about I don't remember what, and I think Colin made a gay joke, and that got us on the subject of faggotry.
This is when Jav interjects, saying something about how I shouldn't flaunt my gayness like I do. I'm wondering who gives a shit, and all that, cause you know, among friends, when Jav says, and I quote,
>"You know, I just find gay people unnatural."
>>
>>44320320
So... his being in that game puts him at fault? I bet you blame women for getting raped because of what they wear.
>>
>>44329993
If a girl gets raped, then the night after unlocks her door and lets the guy who raped her stranger who raped them into her bed because she can't find anyone else to sleep with and she's looking for someone to cuddle with, then that's pretty much her fault, yes.

Still not right, but she could simply have stopped letting the guy into her bed to rape her.
>>
>>44324504
Yes it is, restrain yourself and don't ruin other peoples games.
>>
>>44329896
Well, I flipped my shit. Looking back, I may have gone overboard, but at the time it felt good.
I yell at Jav for about an hour, and then I just left the call, still pissed.
The problem with confronting Jav, you see, is that whenever you start doing it, he shuts down.
He will say anything to get you off his back and as soon as the conversation is over, he just forgets all of it.
I must've had like three chats with him, at least, about what not to do in polite company. This shit aint rocket science, it was shit like
>Whenever someone comes up with a plan, if you don't think it's a good idea, you say so and explain it. It is considered rude to just tell them to "shut up, the adults are talking."
>Meowing is considered creepy when you do it all the fucking time.
>Nobody cares that you're a NEET who never finished high school, if you want advice on how to get a job, asking is fine, but no one wants to hear you complaining about it.
And the metagaming. Oh christ the metagaming.
>>
>>44330211
I suppose I'll get to the next story, this takes place after the first game.
Link decided to play SWN, and only me and Jav were still aboard.
We got to rolling up characters. I rolled up a more assholish Han Solo gunrunner kind of guy, and Jav rolled up, well...
>>
>>44330388
Jav rolled up Orihime, a bounty hunter whom he described as being vaguely asian while having large tits. God, I wish I was kidding.
So, first game, I get tackled by Oreo while making a delivery, and get inducted into her crew. Up until this point, I was the proud owner of the NotSerenity, which had to be sold to make room for Jav's ship, The Perfect Cherry Blossom.
>>
anyone still interested in this, or should I just continue another time?
>>
>>44323276
>>no direction in his campaign, no over all plot until like 5 sessions in

Nothing really wrong with this, depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>44321533
Actually, I am really curious of what being autistic does to your character.
>>
>>44330550
It forces you to roll against self control, if you fail you have to shitpost in /tg/
>>
>>44330071
>If a girl gets raped, then the night after unlocks her door and lets the guy who raped her stranger who raped them into her bed because she can't find anyone else to sleep with and she's looking for someone to cuddle with, then that's pretty much her fault, yes.

Wait, look at a grammar primer and come back. I can't even understand what you're saying.

>>44330550
This I'd like to see.
>>
>>44322008
I did too
Fuck that guy
>>
>>44321717
>>44321688
>tfw I recognize which forum that comes from
>>
>>44331063
Which city are you in?
>>
>>44330508
Go for it
>>
>>44331293
Internet forum nigga. Its the one from that text based game Academagia. I recognize that avatar.
>>
>>44331380
Nope. It's an open roleplaying community for a city that I live in.
>>
>>44331408
Shit really? It looks a lot like the forum I am thinking off. The faggotry levels are about the same and my gaydar is more often correct than not.
>>
>>44331458
Probably the same open source forum code with the same layout. The GM of that game created the site and runs it so it's not exactly shiny.
>>
>>44329116
Keep us posted. I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>44329116
>It is ironic, Sun Boy, that the druid is not the one here with a stick up his ass! Have at you!
>>
>>44322027
Huh. I'm a sperg and I've never had an issue with water on me. ... In fact the problem is that I like it too much and run up water bills by just sitting in the shower for an hour every day.
>>
>>44331699
Sensory overload is different for every person with autism. Some can't stand the hitting water while with others it calms them down.

Some can't stand loud noise while others get uneasy without it. It's hard to pinpoint.
>>
>>44331350
Alrighty.
So first actual job we had was to take down a drug dealer in some shithole. Guy had a couple guards with him, but we still manage to make it most of the way there before Jav gets shot.
Now, getting shot in SWN is a lot like getting shot in real life, in that if it doesn't kill you outright, getting shot again probably will.
So I manage to pick up Jav and hightail it out of there.
After that, whenever we made landfall, Jav flat out refused to take any jobs that required combat, for fear of getting shot.
So, we make it to Tide, a water world, where we manage to befriend the Empress of Storms, and have a party thrown in our honor, at which we get horribly drunk off of some food. We wake up with a slave we apparently bought while out on a bender, who, due to Jav's outrage whenever I pointed out that she is technically a slaveowner now, was promptly dubbed NotSlave.
>>
>>44330583
You rolled poorly.
>>
>>44332412
This is around the time the other joined the game. First Austin, who rolled up an assassin who later was retired due to a tragic case of having his leg blown off, then Volk, who made Heisenberg in space, complete with mind control drugs and murdering other drug lords, and Colin, who came up with a mechanic who fought in a giant mech straight out of Gundam.
Newly armed and with companions at our side, we made our way to the same drug lords hideout that had stymied us before. We made short work of the guards, during which we discovered another tendency of Jav that we hated.
Namely, his fondness for micromanaging the crew in battle.
Not "I need you covering the flank,"
or "sneak up on them from behind," but
"Go to these coordinates and fire on that guy as soon as I do such and such." While this wouldn't be so bad on it's own, he seemed to think that his plan was the only one that was valid, and tried his hardest to shut down others.
Regardless of his micromanagement, we make it out of there with a pile of cash, drugs, and the a freshly drugged, gangbanger, courtesy of Volk.
IC we had no idea what he was doing, and if we did our characters would've likely kicked him off the crew, (at least mine and Jav's would. Colin's character was the ultimate doormat and Austin's just didn't give a shit.)
>>
>>44332571
This is getting interesting.
Continue.
>>
>>44332571
Colin here, I've been quietly watching the thread because my phone's a bastard to post from. My character was not the ultimate doormat, I'm just very easygoing, and I was on the side of kick off Volk's toon if he was caught mind controlling the crew. Also the mech wasn't that big, it was the medium one in the system (mechanically, but was smaller to work inside of ships)
>>
>>44332571
>>44333023
Oh right, I was thinking your shadowrun char.

Jav hated this, and made it known. To hear him tell it, Space Heisenberg was literally Hitler, and couldn't be trusted for one minute, lest he decide to flat out murder and/or mind control all of us. He was constantly paranoid of Volk, and we had to have more than a few chats about not metagaming.
>>
>>44333074
Eventually, it got so bad that Austin told us that if things didn't get better, he would mutiny, and if they got worse after that, he was leaving the game.
We didn't end up going through with the mutiny, but we talked to Jav (a lot) and eventually convinced him to lay off of Volk. Unfortunately, that drew all of his hate on me.
>>
>>44333074
Yes the decker was the doormat you wipe your feet on so you don't get dirt on the good doormat
>>
>>44333159
To this day, I still have no clue what the fuck his problem with me was. It started off small, you know, little things. Being a little more condescending, Saying I wasn't doing much for the crew, the usual passive aggressive shit.
Eventually, it just got intolerable.
We had to retrieve some governor's daughter from the shitheads holding her for ransom.
We travel all the way out, I start take a place by the window to the small cabin she was in, and get ready to throw a smoke grenade. Jav is trying to give orders, that Volk was to take the window and all that shit, I said fuck that and threw the grenade.
It all went off without a hitch, except that I fell in the smoke and got a bit drowsy.
Still, all the hostage takers were dead, the girl was unharmed, and we were on our way back to the governor in the car.
Jav would not shut the fuck up about listening to orders.
Eventually we had to tell him that just because he's captain, does not give him free reign over what we do in a fight. He can give suggestions, sure, but we can choose not to listen. We had to tell him this for like 30 minutes before he got the picture.
>>
>>44333309
Eventually, we manage to find a way to the Psyker Academy, and this is where Jav just started being a real shitter. Everything I said was met with hostility, he was argumentative to the point of being an honest to god headache. At one point, he was so loud and was interrupting me so much that he managed to piss off Link, who was half stoned at the time.
>>
>>44333590
Link told him to shut the fuck up, he did so, more than a little intimidated by Link's angryface, and things went fairly well for the rest of the session.
Unfortunately, this is where the game fell apart, and we decided to start a new one.
Shadowrun.
>>
>>44333628
Honestly, both you, Jav and this Volk sound like horrible people and I get the feeling I wouldn't like the others one bit either. The only guy that seems cool to hang out with is that Link dude. He, he sounds chill as fuck.
>>
>My first time playing Standard
>Started playing magic just a few weeks before
>Bring some shitty white/black deck I frankensteined from a premade
>Manage to hold my own
>Barely lose because I didn't know how planeswalkers worked yet since I'd never actually seen one
>The guy turns around and loudly brags to the rest of the players about how he won because of my dumb mistake

And same standard night

>Play against a guy who can't even make eye contact
>Get wrekt, no surprise
>Won't shake my hand
>Mention one of my first mythics I pulled that has me thinking about a deck like his
>He just silently pulls out 4 copies of said mythic from his side board
>Awkward silence
>He swipes them up and walks away, still no eye contact

Only two of many fucking weird stories of that entire night. I'm just glad they didn't ruin MtG for me.
>>
>>44333771
I'm not gonna claim to be a great person.
I can be annoying at times, and get a bit carried away.
Volk, he's alright. The concussion may have fucked with him, and he has a bit of a temper now, but I can't really do much about that.
>>
>>44333908
We all are approached by Jacob (Toaster) for a game of Shadowrun.
We all roll up characters, except for Volk and Austin.
Scott joined the group around this time, and rolled up a world famous face.
Colin rolled up a NEET rigger/decker.
I rolled up a Troll Street Sam.
Link created a pixie mage,
and Jav decided to make an infiltrator that I call Orihime Mark II.
>>
>>44334108
For some reason, he also decided to have a kid involved, taking dependency rating 2, which means the kid had to be watched.
Also, Orihime Mark II was for all intents and purposes a clone of the original, and wasn't all that great at her job either.
>>
>Still new to gming
>have like 8 players in the party and in that depressingly disappointing stage of DnD where you want to play EVERY game of DnD regardless of quality.

E
>He wanted to be a wizard but also be melee.
>Says he wants to play as League of Legends Aatrox
>iffy, but i was an idiot and gave him a overpowered class that allowed him plenty of CON and gave him a "auto-revive" per day.
>he proceeds to keep trying to melee things.
>he get outdone and says I screwed him somehow
>decide to set up a cool fight where he try to fight off 10 werewolf minions.
>he shoots himself instead

Z
>demands that he play a my little pony
>i let him (god clean my soul with fire)
>after that, he never pays attention
>didn't do anything beside follow the party and attack things
>kind of killed the mood

J and I
>both got jaded atfer seeing Z and E in action
>proceed to encounter a small girl holding an amulet of immortality
>they attack her and panic once they realize the mistake
>try to finish her
>the amulet is tied to the poor girls hand.
>they notice that she cannot die
>using their massive weapons, they juggle the still-screaming girl between themselves like a twisted game of catch
>they dubbed it "loli-ball"
>funny as shit, I gave up on the campaign soon after.
>>
>>44334141
First job came from a shopkeeper, asking us to save his daughter from the Fratellis, a minor gang in Seattle.
They've taken over a Mchugh's, and after an astral attempt by the pixie (which nearly killed her) we geared up and went in.
First off, apparently Jav refused to go in without support, i.e. me, which kind of defeats the purpose of an infiltrator to begin with.
So we go on, immediately get seen, and start shooting.
I'm running up to people and krumping them good with a sledgehammer, Jav is shooting at them with an Ares smg, Link is dodging shots left and right because pixie and frying brains, and scott is hiding under a table.
Eventually, things go bad, and I get taken down, unconscious. At this point, Colin smashes through the window of the place and everyone piles in, sans me.
>>
>>44334287
You forgot that we had to bring the kid, so he was in the passenger seat and broke his arm when I rammed through the wall.
>>
I roll up another troll, and Jav is becoming more obnoxious at this point, until Link eventually says that one of us needs to leave the game because the arguing is stalling it.
I agree, and Jav ducks out. Shortly after that the unnatural thing happened, and he just sort of drifted out of my life.
>>
>>44319480
Walls of text warning.
Ive so many stories I wouldnt know where to start. My GM however is a very nice guy who allowed all kinds of things to happen in his campaign, me being a first time player was allowed to have waaaaaaaaaaay more power then I ever should have been allowed because I took a immediate interest reading all the books for nWoD. I won't lie its embarrassing looking back. Had one guy though who had a character from a book he was writing who seemed to be from eight different anime's at once.Had striking looks merit on one half of his face. The other half was covered by the emo swoop of his hair which was a permanent state of the first level of the nightmare discipline.
>>
>>44334381
If you're going to have walls of text then please, please greentext it and summarize.

Don't be like >>44334287 and leave blocks of dull, boring-to-read posts in the thread.
>>
>>44323388
Jesus Christ! Your group is like a algebra problem, or a really shitty riddle!
>>
>>44334644
Is reading a problem for you?
>>
>>44334756
I think he means that greentexting makes it easier to read. He's only asking, not demanding.
>>
>>44334756
No, but reading a story post in the format of greentext is much more appealing to read than in unparagraphed blocks of plain text.
>>
>>44334644
I don't post often. I wish I knew how to be cool enough for you anons. That being said I have a tendency to fuck it somehow. I'll give it a go.
> We have another new player. His name is R and he wants to be a nordicy guy.
>Mentally saying ffs as I know the guy as a prominent meth addict in the town.
> R proceed to fuck a lot of things up and sort of role plays with everyone. Misses out on more then a few sessions.
>Take GM to the side beg him as we've been friends for years now to please talk to me about players as I know most people around here.
>A few months later lets high school kids join.
>>
>>44334287
Colin here, I'm hijacking the thread to tell the story of the Mercenaries game.

Me, Link, Conor, and, Scott were playing this one with Jav GMing. This one takes place during the middle-end of the SWN game and the start of the shadow run game.

The game takes place in Indonesia during a Chinese invasion for their oil resources. The factions involved are the Chinese army (no shit), the local mafia, the yakuza, and a NATO force to ensure the invasion is "legal"

I roll up a sniper, a he's career soldier who had an extreme dislike for his new desk job, with a some contacts in NATO, and a thing for languages and small to midsize unit command.

Scott rolls a Cali girl wheelman who's a bit of a face and the only one who can speek Indonesian.

Link rolls up more or less Revy from black lagoon, but is a former IRA and attempted to join the French Foreign Legion, also has a thing for big guns and explosives.

Conor wanted a melee character and rolled up an out of time (literally accidental time travel) samurai, he brought it to the group and made sure we wouldn't have issues with such a radical toon. To ensure no issues in communication I made sure my character speaks Japanese.

The three modern characters are brought in on a NATO destroyer, that gets sunk in a storm, our employer paid our way on there, and the samurai sinks on a wooden boat way back when.

In the morning four of us wash up on a beach with some distance between us, lucky I had some coloured smoke grenades and that seem to attract everyone.
>>
>>44334868
Don't worry. We're all faggots here.
>>44335008
As a bit of a sidenote, I just like smashing shit.
I was originally gonna come up with a fencer,you know, someone who stealths, but Jav suggested I go samurai, and I just figured why not?
I came to regret the decision.
>>
>>44335089
Oh good. I'm glad I fit in. Cause I fucking despise the place I live.
> Fast Forward to here and now. The whole group is gone having moved away.
>Last decent friend leaving a few days after Christmas for fucking Arkansas.
>I am now trapped in hickville alone.
But those are personal problems.
>>
>>44335008
Oops did I say four of us in the last post, because I meant five because somewhere along the way Conor's samurai saved a geisha, who suspiciously had cat ears and a tail, from drowning.

After a standoff due to communication AKA Conor charged us thinking we may be a threat and stopped due to me shouting in different languages until I hit Japaneseand was able to talk him down, we still had this helpless cat themed NPC to deal with now.

Also posts will be short and frequent or long and spaced out, I'm away for the holidays and have to use my phone.
>>
>>44335180
I'm stuck in a Liberal art college.
I feel your pain.
>>
This is an old, but good story. Relatively long, even with greentext.

>Set up a game of Flames of War with a friend of mine at LGS. We'll call friend: S
>Get there, and aside from the staff member behind the counter, there's a couple of other people I know playing Warmachine, and someone I don't know is watching.
>Get to table, wait for friend, set up, etc.
>Game is about to start when dude neither of us know walks on over, and asks if he can sit in and watch. We'll call him: B
>Of course we don't mind, and say yes.
>S and I get the game going, and are into the second turn when it becomes apparent that B isn't very well-adjusted socially.
>No biggie, these hobbies attract all kinds of people, especially folks like him.
>B begins to lean on the table. This is a problem because B weighs about three hundred pounds.
>S is a very calm guy, but I can see that B's presence is wearing thin.
>B reaches out, and picks up tanks in the middle of the game, sits in S's chair (thus, essentially becoming a 300lb roadblock).
>S tells him rather sternly to "Please move."
>B moves.
>B, once his courage has returned, tells us about 1d4chan, and /tg/.
>Instantly, I wish that I was dead so that I could know peace from this evil.
>B tells us about his deviantArt (but strongly insisting not to visit the 18+ area for 'reasons')
>Get through the rest of the game with only mild discomfort.
>Go home, and later, decide to check out this deviantArt he had mentioned.
>Horribly drawn porn featuring 'The Land Before Time' dinosaurs in bondage gear.
>Figure I need some eyebleach, but really, it's my own fault.
>A day or two later, after a "That Guy" thread on /tg/ goes into autosage, get the idea to make a thread of my own.
>Post one of the SFW examples of B's art, and explain this tale.
>B sees the thread, and a shitstorm ensues.
>B challenges me to a fight IRL, which obviously I decline because I am not a lunatic.
>Think about it now and then, and laugh.
>>
>>44335215
Yeah its a town of less then 4,000 people. All hunters,cowboys and ranchers. There is barely other people who listen to metal.
>>
>>44335227
I NEED TO SEE THAT THREAD!
>>
>>44335293
Oh christ, there's this one twat in the lounge who blasts metal. Shit metal, too. Motherfucker brings an amp and plays guitar while people are studying.
>>
None of the stories I have about this guy are worth mentioning, but I'll describe the worst guy I've ever met in tabletop gaming.
>His name was Garrett
>a NEET that lives with his grandma. He often pretended to be asleep to avoid human contact.
>Only left his house to come to D&D.
>He always played angst-ridden characters that were essentially clones of anime villains. He would harass our DM with requests for special powers or home brew races/classes.
>My DM and the other players thought he was hilarious, so they always insisted that he play, which would always derail the game.
>If he didn't get his way he would whine and devolve into this giant fatass baby. He would cross his arms and make this face like he was being tortured.
>He CONSTANTLY cheated and would pick up his dice as soon as they dropped and "examine" them. "Aww, it's only an 17", I once heard him say.
>He listened to ICP and tried to shoehorn that into every fucking thing he did. He had an obnoxious sense of entitlement when it came to his "lifestyle", and said that everyone else was just judging him because he "dressed weird and listened to twisted music". Yeah, it wasn't because he weighed 300+ pounds and smelled like a landfill.
>>
>>44335342
That's just dickish. There is no reason to do that or play guitar like that. Kick him in the balls.Seriously.
>>
>>44335388
Liberal arts school, man. Place is a fucking madhouse.
Fucker monopolizes the TV in there by playing GTA.
He dorms there, by the way, yet feels the need to play GTA on the TV that people are trying to watch dr. phil on.
>>
>>44335312
Sadly, the thread was archived but then later allowed to be deleted.

I do have the sup/tg/ graveyard link though: http://xen.thisisnotatrueending.com/suptg/graveyard/12104738/
>>
File: 300%.jpg (15 KB, 320x425) Image search: [Google]
300%.jpg
15 KB, 320x425
>>44335388
>>44335342
Forgot picture that's my reaction.
>>
>>44335207
One quick carjacking later and we are on our way to meet our employer, during this time we question him on why he thought it was a good idea to bring the geisha in. The answer was he came up with was that it was spur of the moment and thought it would be cool. He eventually changes his mind and retcons her.
Eventually we make it to our employer, Orihime 2.5 limited GMPC edition, an attractive Asian women with big tits and a cat. We arrive just as night falls and find out that there's some kind of T-virus zombie/vampire running around, they only come out at night because they are highly susceptible to UV-C light.
>>
>>44335455
Basically, I am legend.
>>
>>44335441
Sadly not working for me, darn.
>>
>>44335478
Or Dying light
>>
>>44335478
I never thought that at the time, but yes the monsters from I am Legend but much less intelligent.
>>
>>44335488

https://warosu.org/tg/thread/12104738
>>
>>44335510
Thank god for that, too.
If they were smart at all, we'd have been fucked.
Well, more fucked than usual.
Either way, We make our way to the job, and I roll up a new character, because a samurai with a catgirl geisha is, as it turns out, incredibly impractical.
>>
>>44335522
>https://warosu.org/tg/thread/12104738
Bless you, anon.
>>
>>44335568
Colin is tired because his phone is small and his hands are freakishly big, so I'm gonna take over for a bit.
My new character was a former pirate, who immediately gets robbed and left for dead by the group.
Rolling up again, I come up with the fencer.
Jav doesn't want a melee character, but I figure it's gonna be a fun idea, just sneaking around and slashing throats and shit.
Either way, Jav decides to parachute me directly in the path of their speeding car.
>>
>>44335610
We only robbed you because your toon was literally a hitchhiker in a war zone l and then started being an ass
>>
>>44335610
>>44335568
Colin is tired because his phone is small and his hands are freakishly big, so I'm gonna take over for a bit.
My new character was a former pirate, who immediately gets robbed and left for dead by the group.
Rolling up again, I come up with the fencer.
Jav doesn't want a melee character, but I figure it's gonna be a fun idea, just sneaking around and slashing throats and shit.
Either way, Jav decides to parachute me directly in the path of their speeding car.
>>
>>44335569
Did you see that his deviant art still works? Holy shit it's like every bad thing from the internet in one place.
>>
>>44335610
I land on the windshield, and my head is immediately reduced to a fine paste by Scott and Colin. I'm kind of annoyed, and ask Jav why he thought parachuting me onto their windshield was a good idea. He figured that they would just not murder a dude in a warzone who landed on their windshield.
>>
>>44335748

I honestly haven't had the desire to go back there in the nearly six years since I first saw it.
>>
>>44335775
So, on my third character in two sessions, I roll up a doctor who really doesn't want to be in a warzone, and and hid every time he got shot at, which was a lot.
Jav seemed annoyed at my doctors constant cowardice, and told me that if I didn't want to play the game, why was I here.
>>
>>44335930
I had to explain to him that what my character is thinking does not reflect what I'm thinking like four times before he got it.
We make it back to the shelter, where we go through a description of the GMPC in her underwear petting her cat while bitching us out, and actually get a job.
>>
>>44336058
We had to do a job for the U.N. stationed on the island, to intercept a package headed for China.
GMPC comes with, and handles all the negotiation.
After we get babysat through the talking, we were deployed to the airfield.
>>
>>44336141
We managed to fight our way to the hanger, where we secured the crate, and hijacked the plane, flying it to the U.N base.
We opened the crate, and found a small child inside.
>>
File: Gnome.jpg (60 KB, 356x413) Image search: [Google]
Gnome.jpg
60 KB, 356x413
I am pretty much that guy in my character choices.

>shortstack fetish
>if it fits the world, always play gnome girls like pic related
>always some martial class like warrior or thief
>everyone thinks it is because I am doing it for the lulz
>GM is pretty cool with it, threw in a scene where we fight against some drow
>kill priestess and her guards
>some drow guy cowers infront of my gnome who points her blade at him
>decide to let him go

Long story short he now stalks my character and always leaves little presents during the night. Like the head of a townsguard who bullied my character.

Persobally I wish he'd show up and the two of them would habe heated sex, but that would be revealing my powerlevel too much. Still I am fairly certain I am that gnome guy in our games.
>>
>>44322437
Holy Odin. I'm a 6'5" skandi and my bath fits me and my 6' gf °_°
>>
>>44336291
You should arrange a 1 on 1 rp with your gm, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>44336203
Colin here again, for some reason Jav has this thing for children and other helpless NPCs.

We've had to talk to him about it several times. The span of 4 games, only 2 of which he GMed, he managed force 5 helpless NCPs on the party.

Oh yes, and he has this massive boner for Stephen Universe. We get it you like the show, now can you stop cramming it down our throats in immersion breaking ways in game and annoying ways out of game.
>>
The kid, as it turns out, was a beast in combat, but bugshit crazy outside of it, and still a kid, so he went down if anyone so much as looked at him funny.
So with that, we went back to base.
The rest is fairly boring. I tried therapy on the kid, link left the game, and the whole thing fell apart after that.
>>
>>44336487
After that, the game more or less ended.
He left the shadowrun group because "he wasn't feeling it," and after that, there was no real reason to talk.
>>
>>44336594
Colin here,
It's a rather anti climax to the story, the SWN game rebooted and the shadowrun party moved to a different city with me rolling a new infiltrator.
>>
>no that guy stories in my iRL RP circles
>eRP in MMOs
>literally everyone is That Guy (pretending to be a girl/futa)
>>
>>44336291

Hardly That Guy behavior. The way you describe it, you don't disrupt the game at all.

To be That Guy, you'd have to deliberately get yourself into sexual situations involving shortstacks, and derail the game with creepy ERP.
>>
>>44334644
Fuck you, the guy telling the Jav stories is cool.
>>
>>44335522
>>44335569
Those links aren't working.
>>
>>44339639
He should have lurked more so he'd know how to actually fucking post.

His story looked like boring shit because it was just a drudge to read though. That garbage posting killed this thread.

Every school holiday we have to put up with these shitposting newfags, they should do the bare minimum and learn how to hide their newness and post like someone who gives a shit.
>>
>>44336630
you're eRPing in an MMO you literally cannot complain
>>
>>44340935
No, the javposter is fine. You're just being a faggot.
>>
>>44340935
Likewise, every other day we have to deal with newfag teenagers who complain about stories having to be greentexted in order to fit the "image" of chan storytiem. Otherwise to them it's literally unreadable because it does not fit their fantasy of imageboard culture.

Sorry, anon. There's being a faggot who contributes to a topic and being a shitposter bitching over a detail.

Sage is standard.
>>
bamp
>>
>>44320214
Had a DM just like that. Fucking dropped that shit like a load on ur mum's fase.
>>
I got one more kind of story for you guys, about Jav getting a job. Anyone want to hear?
>>
>>44334644
>>44340935

>greentext to summarize
And you're calling javposter a newfag? You have no fucking clue how to use greentext, do you?
>>
>>44342922
Volo.
>>
>>44343065
I guess I'll take that as a yes.
Jav is basically a NEET. No job, didn't graduate high school, etc.
He's 21, by the way.
Fucker said he is still working on the GED, but Colin and I suspect that it's bullshit. At one point he said he had to fill out some applications, but confided to Colin that it was bullshit to get out of another argument.
>>
>>44343142
Anyways, he always kept complaining that he never had any money to spare. We told him that if wanted money, he needed a job, but every time we said that, he always just shut up.
Eventually, we had to explain to him how the fuck to get a job.
Have you ever had to explain to someone older than you how to hold down a minimum paying job? It's not very pleasant.
>>
>>44343142
Continue...
>>
>>44343170
Anyways, eventually, he said he got offered a job.
By his dad. By job, I mean he sat in his dad's store for four hours a day and was paid like 20 dollars a day.
>>
>>44343237
Colin here, it was only three hours.
>>
>>44343261
Oh yeah.
We tried to explain to him that it wasn't a job, it was allowance, more or less, but he wasn't having any of it. He saw it as progress.
>>
>>44330589

Imagine a man that orders General Tso's chicken every day from the same restaurant. The man enjoys talking about how the food is terrible, but when asked if he'll change restaurants he gets defensive and proclaims he "enjoys how bad it tastes" before going back to saying how rubbery the meat is or how it's undercooked.
>>
We once asked him why he never finished High school. He told us he was bullied so much he had a heart attack.
He also said, at one point, that he was called a cat fucker by his classmates.
Colin thinks that this was because someone saw catgirls or some shit on his phone, and I don't really WANT to think about it.
>>
File: gate.jpg (80 KB, 934x534) Image search: [Google]
gate.jpg
80 KB, 934x534
friend to several of the other players.
Gets rubber-tipped weapons, job is helping young warriors/adventurers in training for dungeons and adventures. Tell stories, etc. Gets shot during demonstration with a tar-ball tipped arrow. States he concealed a dagger in his pack, stabs nine-year old girl through the eye. Entire party flees - entire planned scenario derailed, allies now enemies, etc.
Yeah, that was NOT how i saw this playing out.
>>
>>44321864
Haha
>>44321722
:D
>>44321989
Haha
>>
Keep thinking the OP pic is some guy I know who got banned from every game store in the county I'm aware of. When I look closer, I can see differences, but as a thumbnail they look identical.

>YGO player
>Played a lot of mediocre decks
>Would declare he as going to quit the game almost every time I saw him over the course of two years
>Had a lot of weird moodswings and would get angry at people he was talking fine with in a snap for no apparent reason
>Banned from the main store I attended for openly advising people not to buy cards from the store as they were cheaper online (loudly and in front of the owner)

I never played any other game with him aside from chess, which he was keen on but not very good at. Not a terrible guy compared to some of the shit you get on these threads, but kind of cringy to be around and didn't make himself popular.
>>
>>44343404
I'm confused as to this being a LARP or a TTRPG...
>>
>>44321722
>Assuming it takes much to rile up this hub of gossiping faggots
If a tree fell in the woods miles from them, I'm sure they would create some story about it.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.