[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degenesis: Rebirth - General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 23
File: 1447698920456.png (5 MB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
1447698920456.png
5 MB, 1600x1131
Continuation of >>44280474

Books:
https://mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk

Simple Setting Breakdown:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Degenesis

www.degenesis.com

Chargen:
http://www.degenesis.com/character-en/
>>
File: 1449247158679.png (1 MB, 1488x2105) Image search: [Google]
1449247158679.png
1 MB, 1488x2105
>>44316494
starting question of the thread, have you guys created your own clans yet? What are they like
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
23 KB, 337x372
Pls no NA fags.
>>
>>44316524
I rolled up a tech level 5 tribe. How would you have them not steamroll any oposing cults?
>>
>>44316910
Smaller in number? Hash Locations?
>>
File: 1447707716165.png (3 MB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447707716165.png
3 MB, 848x1200
>>44316910
there are 8 of them and they sit in their computer cave all day jacking off.

Same reason palers and sleepers don't just butt blast everything.
>>
>>44316569
don't be so confrontational anon, they keep the threads interesting, otherwise it's mostly just rules questions
>>
>>44316569
For people interested in North America setting building.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uyxJrsz9Wv6u0BIfRHkQyKzxcycmy4LosUJA3TXiaFo/edit#

Feel free to comment and discuss. Try not to crowd out the normal game discussion though, to limit exposure of setting building to those apparently allergic to it.
>>
Another question, who do the judges consider under the law? For example would a spitalian be charged with attempted murder if they tried to kill a precognotic or pheromancer?
>>
>>44316569
funny how the thread dies without anybody doing world building now that we've pretty much thrashed out everything to question about the setting and rules...
>>
>>44318534
Patience young Famulant. If there's a lull then people can bump with art. And if you want to go all NA crazy again, make a NA thread.
>>
>>44318625
Given how little content there is in the general there's really no point in producing a second thread except to call down the wrath of the janitor...
>>
>>44318014
I doubt that Homo Degenesis are offered the same legal status as humans are in the Protectorate.

>>44317334
Still need to work on the Ahabs more. Maybe tomorrow. To recap some ideas from the last thread:

>Main base is in a half-ruined aircraft carrier.
>At least some of Florida is under Ahabian influence.

They probably also practice scrimshaw, I'm thinking. Because whalers.
>>
>>44318638
This is /tg/. Threads can have very specific OPs. Just make sure no one gets confused. We used to be half DnD threads, half 40k threads.
>>
>>44318625
I just don't get why it triggers you. The worldbuilding died off last thread and was only replaced with "BEST CULT?", random questions about the setting that could easily be answered by reading the core book, and some autist sperging about armor rules.
>>
I have a question, what to do if your character wears multiple pieces of armor, say kevlar plus chainmail or wearing plates tied to a Spitalian jumpsuit.

Do you add the armor values together, or do you tier them? Like say armor bleeds through the chainmail first, but then it goes up against the jumpsuit's armor value?
>>
>>44320424
This was answered in the errata, which probably needs to be added to any OP links

http://paste2.org/fV8Amp2Y

-Armours
>Armours can not be layered. You can however put a coat or cape on top of armour. In that case, their encumbrance values are added together. If the underlying armour has a armour rating of 1-3, it gains a flat +1 armour rating from this, irrespective of the coat's values. Armours with a default armour rating of 4 do not gain any benefits from having a coat on top.
>>
>>44320468
>Armor's cannot be layered

Well that shit is getting ignored and homebrewed.

Truly among the greatest things lost in the apocalypse, was the ability to wear two layers of clothing.
>>
>>44320509
I think they did it that way for balance reasons more than anything else.

I'm not a fan of it either.
You can wear things like chain, plates and Kevlar over a neoprene suit or tribal leathers fairly easily.
The encumbrance will go through the roof since they would stack, but you are sacrificing mobility for better protection.
>>
>>44320548
Hell I'm pretty sure a neoprene suit would count as an arming doublet. Not to mention that so long as you don't stack retardedly heavy armor (Hey let's put medieval plate on top of that space marine shit!), it shouldn't stack up too fast. Just keep something in the 1-3 range and put plate armor on top of it.

Not to mention I'd think it'd balance itself out fast so long as you didn't add the armor values together. Some idiot putting the 7-10 stuff on top of each other would be waddling around like a Penguin.
>>
I think it is mostly made like this to reflect that a leather coat will offer a little protection in a world on the brink, and ceramic plated kevlar would offer a lot more. But you can't run around with 3 stacked salvaged layers, that would be silly. It doesn't claim that technically it wouldn't work, it says that within the scope of the game that is not what it's about. If you want something that matters to the rules then modify your armor, it's a different thing than putting on 2.
>>
>>44320599
Yeah, the armour value in this is highly abstracted and that limitation is just for the purposes of balance, especially since most armours are considered to offer effectively full-body coverage without a simple way to strike at weak spots. Somebody doubling up on metal plate with kevlar underneath would be borderline invincible like this. You could allow more comprehensive layering rules if you were willing to go maximum crunch w/r/t armour layout (look into the Song of Swords threads for an example), but the system wants to stay deliberately lightweight and unobstrusive.
>>
>>44320468
really this seems fine, I really dont get why people are so stuck on the fucking armor system in this game. Its perfectly fine for the tone they went with.
>>
>>44320468
Oh, by the way, that's supposed to read
>Armours with a default armour rating of 4 *or more* do not gain any benefits from having a coat on top.

But that was probably pretty obvious.
>>
Perhaps the most important question:

Is it pronounced Bor-Kah or Bor-Sah?
>>
File: The_Swedish_Chef.jpg (48 KB, 290x363) Image search: [Google]
The_Swedish_Chef.jpg
48 KB, 290x363
>>44322186
>>
>>44322186
Bor-Kah, clearly.

I am more confused about Jehammedans. Is it:

Je-ha-me-dans or Je-hamm-edans?
>>
So am I the only one who just realized China is turning in the chroniclers with their new score based social manipulation mechanic?
>>
>>44322225
I pronounce it the same way as Mohammed.
>>
>>44322225
>>44323555

yeah, i'm mohammedding it too
>>
File: Ronia Borka.png (118 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
Ronia Borka.png
118 KB, 300x216
>>44322186
ARE YOU TOUCHED, BOY?
>>
>>44323555
Right, I figured as much, thanks.
>>
>>44322225
Since it's former Germany, it's borderline guaranteed to be Bor-Kah. German doesn't really do the soft c.
>>
>>44318681
wait Pheromancers get the same right like Humans in the Protectorat?
That sounds like all sorts of invitations for bad situations
>>
>>44324098
What, no, no, that post was just a hypothetical. Outside of the Precogs in Hybrispania, all Degenesis are basically kill/flee on sight for pretty much everyone. Spitalians and Anabaptists in particular will always try to take them down almost no matter what. The only cult that ever tends to cooperate with them are the Apocalyptics because that's how they get their sweet sweet Burn.
>>
>>44324301
oh fuck, I totally misread that. My fault.
But thanks for reclarifying
>>
>>44324301
so why are the precogs more benign than the rest?
>>
>>44325761
Nobody really knows. The thing is that they're capable of seeing into the future to an unknown degree, so chances are very good that whatever they're doing now is entirely in their own interest in the long run. Best case is that they're just looking out for their personal safety, figuring that this is best achieved by making themselves indispensable to one of the local factions. After all, if the Scourgers managed to take over Hybrispania (or some kind of cease-fire accord was reached after the Guerreros are wiped out), the humans would doubtlessly start going after the Precogs in earnest. Unlike the other Raptires, the Precogs have neither the raw power to easily fight them off on their own, nor the mind-fuckery to turn them away without a fight.
Worst case could be... well, really fucking bad. Perhaps a mere stalling tactic to distract everyone while something big and bad is brewing in the crater, for example.
>>
>>44316910
Who's to say that that Tech 5 needs be particularly good in a fight? They might be sitting on an abandoned university with an incredible wealth of information related to advanced aerodynamics and orbital mechanics, but the one experimental space probe they've lying around is not really going to help them much when the Cockroaches come knocking looking for a snack.
>>
I'm simply curious, but has anyone come up with any interesting campaign ideas? Or have any npc's that they've made?
>>
>>44328775
There was one about the actually nice AI that is guarded by a rogue Chronicler faction that looked pretty promising.
>>
>>44328775
>any interesting campaign
The setting is so layered, as soon as you have 3 cults involved in a simple mission it gets Paranoia-easy because the whole world is full of hooks.
>>
Can I go cheeki breeki in this game?
>>
>>44329242
You can go Balkhan Scrapper, that's probably the closest you'd get to being Cheeki Breeki
Just don't disturb the stones in the ruins little Fox, and keep your ears open. No need to disturb the harmonics if you can help it
>>
>>44329196
In terms of hooks, here's a couple I came up with off the top of my head.

>An Apocalyptic flock with an extremely effective variant of Burn is tracked by the Pc's, with a trail that leads all the way back into the Swarm-tainted heart of Franka

>The Osman Prophet gathers his armies for war, and Justinian is on his sights. All around however, the hordes of the Corroded gather in power, and prepare to strike. A Chronicler is tasked and aided by a Shutter/Skalar in either diverting the forces of Osman towards these hordes, or to drive them towards Justininian, if only to leave Osman open to attack. By any means neccesary.

>In the ruins of Borca, one of Bosch's officers goes rogue with a find that may potentially be worth ludicrious amounts of money. The macguffin in question? The possible location of a pristinely preserved military Helicopter. If there's a scrapper in the Pc group, they can hear this through hearsay, or some other source.
>>
File: tectonic.gif (33 KB, 609x318) Image search: [Google]
tectonic.gif
33 KB, 609x318
Idea for NA setting.

>Cocos Plate and Caribbean Plate go nuts. Form massive sulfurous gash along the bottom, fucking up that entire region and preventing travel to south american. Forget Yucatan, most of central america is just gone, poluted, choking gas islands. I'd be surprised if southern mexico wasn't a bit of an island chain now.

>Pacific's currents are so fucked to hell as to make traveling through that area almost impossible, ships go in, never come out from the constant hurricanes and storms.

>New island formation along the carribean-north american plate lines make a natural barrier from the south atlantic, helping seal in the gulf more, the Gulf is almost a sea onto itself by this point, connected to the atlantic through a set of barrier islands and stuff linking florida to Cuba, these are mostly man made in the period of time between now and the meteor impact to make a land bridge to cuba. These have by and large fallen into vast states of disrepair, or been deliberately torn down by monsters or to allow ship travel when the mechanisms allowing the bridges to lift and allow passage finally gave out.

>Gulf is mostly UNINFECTED, but atlantic sepsis keeps creeping in more and more. The Carib's western most islands are steadily falling despite all the efforts of the Ahabs, and the Ahabs prevent the Couriers from studying the "Water Primer" of the Atlantic enough to work out a proper cure and treatment for it.
>>
Has anyone Re-done the Clanner's Advancement tree at all?

Like making it more Lore centered for the Franka Resistance or with better equipment rewards for the Enemoi.
>>
>>44329984
I imagine for specific or custom clans, it's likely a case by case basis.
>>
I've got a question for the smartheads of /tg/. The KatharSys book lists a number of enemies for the characters to face, but it's mostly fluff. How do you go about statting antagonists?

Hell, as a DM, how do you even create a scenario? I'll probably imitate In Thy Blood, but that seems like an awful lot of work.
>>
>>44331311
The book is full of themes. Just see what fits and combine them. There is so much colorful antagonism, just by selecting a cult you are already selecting 3 enemy cults.
>>
>>44316494
Are the books regular Degenesis or are they Rebirth? Is there a difference?
>>
>>44331403
Regular degenesis is from the original studio, who I wouldn't have the foggiest of ideas where to find. Rebirth is the redesigned version, which isn't nearly as bad in terms of system design, and cooperation between the cults.
>>
>>44331403
A huge difference, visual as well as in the rules - the fluff just advances a few years.

1e is just for people who want to get into it, for practical purposes get the Rebirth: Katharsys and Primal Punk.
>>
All my friends are talking about this and it has cool art but holy shit I have no idea where to start with learning this crap. When everyone I know is already rolling up characters and I haven't even got the book I feel like starting an MMO where everyone I'd want to play with is level 99 and knows everything.

This looks like a kind of thing I've been wanting. I was thinking about running a similar game in a homebrewed WoD setting. I like post-apocalypse where people are actually rebuilding and have civilization instead of just bullshit where all the buildings look like the bombs fell yesterday.

Also why does everyone seem to hate discussion of North America? I get that the setting is primarily Euro because the game is made by Euros, but why is it so wrong that people who live in North America would want to play in North America?
>>
>>44331459
It's still the same 2 guys, they just had the money to get help.
>>
>>44331470
>Also why does everyone seem to hate discussion of North America?
It tends to dominate the thread and it becomes irksome when you're trying to find posts that are actually about the game itself. Not everyone's interested in the NA homebrew, especially when we're still learning the ins and outs of Europe and Africa.
>>
>>44331373
I know, but having basic combat stats for humans would be helpful. As a DM, when I see Cockroaches and think "hey, this is cool, I want my players to face this" it feels counterintuitive to just go back to basic character creation, see what fits best and try to recreate the stats from scratch when they could have easily put a little sidebar (as they did for non-human enemies).
>>
>>44331470
NA is fine, it just became impractical in the main thread.

Degenesis is a very artsy setting. It's really an epic novel without a plot. You will have to do some reading to get into it. But the beauty of the setting is that nobody knows shit. So when making a character you discuss what culture and cult to make, then read those few pages. They will tell you different things if you're in a different cult.

The mechanics are quite easy and just look like a lot of pages because of all the fantastic art. It's point buy chargen with only a few options for each cult. The basic mechanism is a stat+skill d6 pool with basic success threshold.
>>
>>44331464
>>44331459
So yes, the books in OP post are Rebirth.
>>
>>44331553
Both are in the link.
>>
>>44331549
>basic combat stats
I have never felt the urge to have a monster compendium in Degenesis. Most challenges are with other cults, and appropriate to the powerlevel of the party, open combat is never the only option.

For goons you don't go through full chargen. You just set some limiting factors, like weapon skill, and then put the NPCs within those ranges. You will have a feeling for what is right after a few sessions. This is not a game for rules lawyers.
>>
>>44331658
The need for basic combat stats is for GM's reference. It saves time, it makes encounter design easier for newcomers to the game, and has literally zero to do with rules lawyering.

Also, you keep talking about cults, but the human antagonists presented in that section of the book are there *because* they somehow differ from the cults. The choice not to include a base rules reference for those is pretty fuzzy.
>>
Which cult has the best melee weapons
>>
>>44333245
probably the melee cults like clanners or scourgers, jehemedians , don't quote me just yet
>>
>>44329760
it all sounds pretty intense, if i had a visual aid i could chip in more on this idea
>>
>>44333245
Jehammedans. Horn. 9+F/3 damage. +1d to attack. Super rare. Super expensive (you can buy fucking gun with ammo for that price).
>>
Can you be rank 2 at chargen?
>>
>>44333979
Depends on what your GM has planned.
Generally, sure.
>>
>>44333979
If you met the requirements. There is no restrictions how high you may get, but you should met all requirements from previous ranks.
>>
>>44334028
Rank 2 isn't something rare. It just means you are professional enough in your specialty.
>>
>>44333979
Ranks work more like classes, or roles within the cult. They sometimes come with special equipment or feats. It isn't character progression, more like a political career. Your character might well gain experience and get demoted at the same time.
>>
>>44333979
You can be rank 3 if you min-max hard enough, but you have to meet the requirements for all 3 ranks.
>>
NA Homebrew question, Why is it called yucatan and not something more significant to all mexico
>>
>>44334583
Because it's a poorly constructed fanwank?
>>
>>44334614
>being this bootyblasted
>>
>>44334853
>being this blind to the fanwank
I mean, I enjoy the discussion about the North American setting, but you've got to admit its pretty poor fanwank when once again the Mexicans are drug lords or Aztecs
And the fact the whaling faction are called the Ahab's
I'd rather discuss what happened in China myself. Chinese explorers landed in Franka about 300 years ago in the main storyline, but why is an area relatively protected by the asteroid strike reduced to sails powered junks?
>>
>>44334976
the basic ideas were in fact cringeworthy but as they get fleshed out those broad strokes will start to actually take shape into something viable.
You're implying this will just stop at North America
>>
So I expanded on the Planeswalkers with an intro story and a little bit of their history. I'll finish it up later tonight but let me know what you think.
>>
File: Degenesis map.png (3 MB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
Degenesis map.png
3 MB, 1138x1600
So, main setting question that's been going around in my head for a while now
What the hell happened to Cyprus? Turkey is barely mentioned and basically lost to the Psychovore, but Cyprus just seems completely overlooked, unless I've missed some paragraph somewhere
>>
>>44333630
Like a drawing of the region?
>>
>>44334976
okay, 1) We got rid of the aztec thing entirely and wanted to keep it from that.

2) The drug lord thing was actually a tough decision early on, and we only went with it because "seriously, WHO was gonna have the best resources to survive off the grid and actually make a firm powerbase that would grow to take back over". The Cartels fit that to the T, as they already do. The other faction is based on the spanish bloodline nobility that to this day still have a really firm hold on politics (sister went to a place with a boarding school for latin americans, and even IMPLYING one of them had any native blood was a massive insult to them), and they would have merged with the jesuits and some of the meso-american cultural religious stuff that still has a hold on a good part of the region (Day of the Dead sure as hell isn't part of Catholic doctrine), and come out with something new.

The spiritual faction is basically a fusion of christian doctrine, mesoamerican myth, and feudalism, and control mines and such, while the warlord faction (yes, descended from the cartels) makes up most of the farmers and military, together they control the region. Yucatan was the initial choice for the wellspring of new civilization but we do realize we need a new name for the whole place.

Also, just saying... the anubians are literally 'we worship old style egyptian gods' at it's root and thus similarly cringe worthy, and then it got expanded into something waaaaay the fuck more interesting. And the same thing has to happen here.

Sorry for the rant, I just get -really- frustrated with people pointing out it's fan wank and offering nothing in the way of constructive criticism to improve it.

>>44335054
Thank you, this.
>>
>>44334976
My understanding is that the sea-based Chakra attacks and destroys motorized ships, so sails are needed to get a long ways. That implies that all the oceans have been overtaken by the Primer.

>>44335808
Looks like the psychovores landed, but I'm not sure how.

>>44334976
I agree. I've mostly been ignoring the NA stuff from here and making up a bit of my own.
>>
>>44335734
looks interesting so far. Do they have some kind of link that lets them use orbitals even now?
>>
>>44336039
that would work, more like how do you picture this affecting the regions as they've been developed now.
>>
File: Mississippi_watershed_map_1.jpg (159 KB, 717x563) Image search: [Google]
Mississippi_watershed_map_1.jpg
159 KB, 717x563
>>44336920
Is the northern area, and the ideas on the history of the region can be found here: >>44317334
>>
>>44331470
hi rory
>>
File: Capture.png (61 KB, 636x908) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
61 KB, 636x908
Rate my Spitalian, /dg/
>>
>>44337766
>not max Medicine
ISHYGDDT/10
>>
>>44338252
>choosing your culture and concept for minmaxing
You are disgusting.
>>
>>44337766
don't forget your two starting cannisters of fungicide for your rifle, and that you get 2 a month. also don't forget that each canister for your fungicide rifle is good for ten shots.
>>
I'm having some trouble thinking up adventure hooks in Borca. Does anyone have any? The PCs are starting there.
>>
>>44338966
Borca has a lot of cult vs cult stuff going on, not as much in the way of Psychonauts.

With the destruction of Praha by Chernobog and his clans, the Cockroach clans are realising the Judges might not be as invincible as they appear and are starting to mass for an invasion.
The ruins of Exalt and Nullpellia are rife with warring groups, sleepers and palers searching for hidden secrets.
In the north west, parasites are drifting out of the Janus crater, infecting people and creating the corpse eaters. That could spread.
The Anabaptists and the Judges really only tolerate each other. Eventually there will be a confrontation when the ideologies of both sides collide.
Then there is always the little things. Dangerous tech resurfaces and everyone wants it. A powerful man has a vendetta. A group of burn dealers have accidentally caused a sporefield to grow right under a large settlement.

I once stole the plot to The Gods Must Be Crazy for a post-apocalypse game once. A still functioning iPod played music, and everyone fought over it until the group elders decided it needed to be thrown off the end of the world.
Perhaps to spare a clan from destroying itself, the group has to take the item and throw it into the Reaper's Blow. They journey there through hostile lands is the adventure.

Currently I'm working on a small region to use as a campaign setting, situated a few miles south of the Anabaptist zone, close to the Frankan border. There are a few major threats to the region.
One is a somewhat crazy clan warlord turned prophet of the new god, who is gathering a huge army to his side. They raid villages for supplies and sacrifices for their war god.
Somehow he found his way into a former NATO command bunker and discovered its still functioning AI. He decided it was a god of war, and wants to bring its light of destruction to the world.
>>
>>44339281

Some of this stuff could work. As of now, I have 2 apocalyptics. There is another player, but I have no idea was to what he is deciding to play as, so he is kind of a wild card right now. As of now I thought of something involving helping a group of stranded judges in the midst of being cut off from Justitian. Not so bad in all, but when the ruins around them are swarming with cockroaches, it gets worse.
>>
>>44339463
Apocalyptics are all about vices and extremes. Judges are their worst enemies. If they play their characters straight, I don't see them wanting to help them if the Judges are in trouble.
What could be more interesting would be creating a situation where they would benefit from working with the Judges, while trying to hide the worst of their illegal activities from them.
Surviving would be easier with the Judges' help, but at the cost of their stash of burn, or whatever they happen to have that would upset the Judges.
I think the question there would be: what are they prepared to sacrifice, themselves or their vices?
>>
>>44339582

That's the problem I've seen. One of them is a battle crow and the other is aspiring to be an owl (he's a finch). They both think it's a bad idea to use burn, so I don't see any way of getting them conflict out of that. I'm trying to think of something else right now. Maybe replace judges with a group of scrappers or something akin to that?
>>
>>44339633
I tend to overthink the motivations of everyone involved, so bear with me.
So a thug and an aspiring thief/assassin, plus one other.
Where are they? What has brought them there? If they are out in some ruins, even if its just circumstance, something brought them there. A rumor, a delivery, a theft; something that appears to be the primary objective of the scenario, but its really the secondary one.
And why are the other group there, be it Judges or Scrappers? Not to mention the savages that are about to come down on their heads.
Scrappers are digging. Judges might be scouting. The savages are probably just raiding.
How does the initial objective of the PCs conflict with that the other groups are doing?
>>
>>44339845

Well, this will probably be after running the adventure in the back of Katharsys, so I was thinking after they finish it, they will wanna find out how deep the rabbit hole goes, so they are going to head out to Justitian (They never state how far Tumbler is from Justitian). This scrap field would be in between the two. The Judges would be there to scout and get some experience under the belts of the new city judges. These city judges are green as grass, with a few protectors sprinkled in for command. It was pure circumstance the roaches and judges were there. This is an especially bold group of roaches whose roach motel is right under this field of scrap. The judges may have to begrudgingly have to accept the help of the PCs to get out in one piece. The only reason the judges haven't been overrun is that they have a LOT of ammo, and they're pissed that they lost some of their own to these filthy savages. Does this sound okay?
>>
>>44339930
So, what are the options? Abandon the Judges to eventually be overrun by the roaches, in which case the adventure ends fairly quickly.
Or go in and help them kill every roach they find, which would be just a series of combats until the enemy stop coming.

I assume the Judges are holed up in a building somewhere, fighting from it.
They are running out of ammo and manpower, and likely wont survive much longer without help. If they try to leave, they would be ambushed. They need to take their wounded with them, so evacuating would be harder.
Said ambush might also threaten the PCs if they try to avoid the fight, but that seems a little railroad-y. But there should always be the option to fight through it or avoid it some how to get past.

There should be something other than shoot and stab for the PCs to try. Scouting, negotiating, fortifying the site to resist the next attack.
They tried to blow up the tunnel the roaches are using to assault them, but ultimately failed. Somewhere out there in the field of bodies is a dead judge with a black powder charge on him. Find it, light it and throw it in the hole, and it would give the Judges a fighting change to get out of there.

Of course, if your players are feeling like assholes, they can always try talking to the Roach warchief and tell him where the hole in the back of the Judges' fortifications are and where their defences are weakest in exchange for being let through without being killed and eaten.
Who knows what repercussions that would have though.
>>
>>44333729
the +F/3 to damage isn't even that great, if you have high strength it'd be better to take a spitalian. And the horn has no mod slots
>>
>>44318534
But aren't the rules just like D10/Vampire/Storyteller shite? Maybe use setting and ditch the shitty system?
>>
>>44341467
The system is pretty lightweight and more or less ancillary to the setting. There's not much keeping you from translating the whole thing to another system, but then again there are also not really a whole lot of reasons why you would need to. It seems like the effort of porting the whole thing would generally outstrip the benefit you might get from it.
>>
>>44341698
Must be a gurpsfag.
>>
>>44341467
why would I go to the effort when I have a system already tailor made to deliver the setting in it's optimum experience?
>>
>>44341800
Autism
>>
>that feel when the book is getting here well over a week early even after a delay.
Oh gods this must be what burn feels like.
>>
>>44341800
Because most RPG systems are absolute trash. GURPS sucks, Storyteller system is terrible, Pathfinder is horrifying, FATE is super lame and just basically 'pretend time,' Savage Worlds is garbage and palladium-- jesus christ no. So what I'm saying is that someone coming up with a good setting as well as a good RPG system could never really happen.
>>
>>44343467
>just basically 'pretend time'
I have some bad news for you, anon.
>>
Oiii
This looks pretty sick dudes.

I remember seeing this ages ago, and I definitely saw the first trailer. Not the second one though, that hench guy with a sword taking on that prick, that was some intense good shit.

Should I get into this?
>>
Oh hey, board's back up again.

>>44344047
It's pretty legit, yeah. The books are ridiculously dense, so it takes a while to really get through it. But in return, you have such a variety in the setting that there's bound to be something in there that interests almost any group of players. Want some intense sneeki-breeki sabotage and espionage? Fight with the resistance against the Pheromancers. Rather have some outright warfare? Go fight with or against the Scourgers down in Hybrispania. Maybe some good old-fashioned intrigue? Set up a new Burn-smuggling operation in Justinian, trying to sniff out who can be bribed or bumped off while always staying one step ahead of the Judges. Or rather some mystery and and exploration? There are always the Paler's vaults or Abberant's hives to be dived into.
>>
>>44344047

depends...

do you like post apocalyptic settings?
do you like ideologically driven factions?
do you like a relatively simple playing system?
do you like settings with more than 300 pages of nothing but finely detailed fluff? (separated into it's own book apart from the rules)
do you not mind that this game may have typos associated with it's translation from German?
do you not mind that this game only has official setting information for Europe?

if you answered all of the above with a firm and solid YES then I would certainly recommend this game to you.
>>
is it me, or are the first levels in each cult basically useless?
>>
>>44346815
It's not that they're useless, it's more like they're appropriate to what you'd expect from initiates of any kind. Barely trained, little responsibility, and growing indoctrination in their beliefs.
>>
>>44341427
Except you would never have more than 12 force, which means horn would deal at max 9+4=13 damage and preservalis sword 7+6=13, holy jezuz, how does it works? There is no reason to take worse weapon just because it scales a tiny bit better. Mod slots might be a reason, though.
>>
>>44344894
a good chunk of that also describes 40k
>>
>>44349800
>translated from German
>Europe only setting
close but I did say ALL and these are not hallmarks of 40K
>>
>>44349800
>finely detailed fluff
>40K
I mean, I love 40ks fluff but its by no means finely detailed, certainly not in the way Degenesis is
Although, that being said, Degenesis could probably work as a system for surviving on post-Golden Age Earth, surviving the slow drain of the oceans, the rise of the Ethnarch and avoiding rampaging Techno-Barbarians
>>
Is there power armor?
>>
>>44352794
IIRC; it's only available to one group (helvetics) and not to low level players...
>>
>>44352794
Yes, but its pretty heavily restricted to one faction, and its less "tower of bulletproof metal and ceramics" and more of a combat engineers wet dream. You can't even use the power cutters in combat properly
>>
>>44353292
Also limited to The Fortress.
>>
>>44353786
Of course. You don't want that shit getting out into th-

Holy fuck, I just had the best idea for a Hellvetic-centered campaign.
>>
>>44354433
Do tell.
>>
>>44354523
I imagine it has something to do with their power armor getting out into th-
>>
So the huge pro of going the shutter route in chroniclers is being able to get sanction tech, but how I see it is that I need 4 resources if I wanted a gun? And then I would lose some anyway. Meanwhile the bonuses of going the other route I get free modules and money printing and keep access to alcolves. And once I get enough money I can buy a gun anyway. Am I missing the point of this route?
>>
>>44355503
>Chronicler
>gun
Is your sound cone subroutine corrupted?
>>
>>44355571
Me and my group are new to this game so im not sure what your trying to say, but my team has tons of melee and tank so I thought I should build a projectile character who can also be utility when our one dps projectile guy other then me is doing just fine. So I assume being able to get sanctioned tech means ill be trying to get a a lethal weapon like a gun its just that the resource cost is so high compared to all the other stuff the you can get by going something like a paridigma.
>>
>>44355696
If you want a guy, you should play a cult that is gun eccentric.
>>
>>44355828
Youre ignoring my question of the point the Skalar paths. When youre only bonus is access to lethal weapons but its such a huge cost mean while the other routes give bonuses that far surpass just the ability to get lethal weapons with negatives, Not to mention the fact that you can literally just buy a weapon with your money from the printer anyway?
>>
>>44354523
A squad of Hellvetics get attacked by the Pheromancers in an area that's not so heavily secured by their Alps stations. Later investigation shows that their weapons and armor have gone missing, but the bodies are still there. The Hellvetics send out a team to investigate, but information leaks out.

The party all get the info on this from various sources and either through orders from their superiors or their own ambition they go out and try and find the thieves in order to take the armor for themselves. Hellvetic armor's touted as the best in the game and they keep that shit on lock. Just imagine the ramifications of someone studying it and able to produce more.

A good chunk of it would deal with having to navigate Franka and the pheromancer vents.
>>
>>44355503
Chroniclers are forbidden to use lethal weapons, so if you go Mediator you'd best avoid being caught with a gun unless you're planning on becoming a Zero. The reason Shutters get access to lethal weapons and are banned from alcoves is because they're "not officially" Chroniclers anymore. That's why they don't get any of the other sweet Chronicler gear. It's all about plausible deniability.
>>
>>44349902

>implying that WH40k isn't space Europe the size of a galaxy
>>
>>44355503
>>44355696

Note that Resources are an alternative way of procuring equipment, not necessarily a prerequisite. So you can either buy that gun simply by paying for it with cash (which you can print to a certain degree), *or* you use your Resources to get it at no additional cost.

Also, if you want a techie shooting man, consider taking a look at Scrappers. They get a serviceable musket for free and can upgrade it into a pretty fearsome actual gun. Plus you can convert it to whatever caliber you like, so that ammo procurement is rarely an issue.
>>
>>44356708

Hell, as a scrapper, your marvel is the only gun you need, maybe a grinder if you want a hand cannon. As of now, I'm aspiring to make my marvel into something akin to a bastard, but better.
>>
>>44316569
>>44317321
>>44317334
Eurofags are so self-centered that they won't play any game that's not about them. They made a ludicrously overpriced RPG about how wonderful and special they are and contrived an impossible situation to make themselves relevant on the world stage again. We NAfags have to prove that we're better than that.
>>
>>44344894
I dunno, despite how overdone they both are, ideologically driven factions and post-apocalypse don't really mix. The whole point of post-apoc is wiping out all abstract or philosophical concerns and being reduced to material needs and day-to-day survival. You don't fight those guys over there because you understand the finer points of how your worldviews differ; you fight them because they have shit you need and they're probably going to kill you for your shit if you give them the chance.
>>
>>44358289
>Most sold RPG systems in Germany as of a few years ago:

>Various D&D
>Call of Cthulu
>DSA
>Midgard
>Vampire: The Masquerade
>Cyberpunk 2020
>Paranoia
>Earthdawn
>RuneQuest
>Star Wars d6

Uh huh
>>
>>44358387
>>Cyberpunk 2020
a FEW years...

But do you really think the troll will learn anything? Just ignore it.
>>
>>44358427
He's just here to bump the thread, so he's got some use.
>>
>>44358346
One theme of the setting is that just looking out for mere survival results in stagnation at best, and steady deteoriation at worst. For a long stretch after the impacts just living day to day was exactly most people did, and it lead pretty much nowhere. It was only when people like the original judge or the mechanist banded people together in pursuit of something greater than mere survival that more stable and prosperous societies started to emerge. The general thrust is that having higher ideals to pursue is conducive to if not outright necessary for actual progress.
>>
File: 1447709928115.png (3 MB, 844x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447709928115.png
3 MB, 844x1200
>>44358346
post apocalyptic stories have always had the theme of modern morality being replaced by new world ideologies that we may see as primitive or backwards
>>
>>44316494
>Chargen:
>http://www.degenesis.com/character-en/
Is there a way to change Clanners' skill bonuses?
>>
>>44360033
I think you need to do it manually.
>>
>>44361233

For such a bleak and depressing game that's surprisingly...well, not bleak. Kinda cool now that I think about it.
>>
>>44361320

Holy shit I meant >>44358459, how did I even screw that up
>>
>>44361320
>>44361330
It honestly depends on which area you live in though. Franka is pretty sit thanks to the Pheromancers; Pollen is basically Turok, but with insanely obese psychokinetics literally fucking your shit up every other day of the week; and don't even get me started on Hysbrainia's borders...

Either way... the other places are fairly swell.
>>
>>44361546
Even Borca isn't that bad, if you're safely within the borders of the Protectorate. Of course the clans and Chernobog are coming to fuck that up...
>>
How does overloading work for Psychonauts?
>>
>>44361546
I wonder if it's occurred to anyone in Hybrispania that the pregnoktics are perpetuating the African/Hybrispanian conflict by manufacturing false destinies?
>>
>>44362124
I bet many of them have fought for so long that they forgot what they're fighting for.
>>
>>44362136
From what I understand from the books, the Precogs work by living out their whole lives, then going back to their younger selves to correct their mistakes, and grind their way to the ideal solution
So by this point they're feeling the same kind of burnout you get when you constantly save scum to get a better result
>>
Has sixmorevodka released a character sheet generator in English?
>>
>>44362526
Yes, check the OP
On topic, in the hopes of promoting discussion, what did people think of the gear section?
I'm trying to figure out why they don't give rules for 7.62 NATO rounds, it would make much more sense for the sniper and heavy MG to use those rather than 5.56
>>
>>44362634
>>44362634
Gear and such has always been an ancillary concern for the devs. They enjoy fluff over crunch and it becomes readily apparent in the gear section. It doesn't make sense from a real world perspective but still serves its purpose by showing they did at least SOME research. I've justified it in my mind due to being part of the huge resource shortage. It's easier to mass produce 5.56 since it's a smaller caliber and lighter grain than 7.62. If you'd rather it reflect real world conditions, homebrew some gear rules for it.
>>
>>44362634
Because the devs are Europs and cannot into guns.

If I ever played this, I'd have to make my own firearm and ammo tables.
>>
Which nations are in the Protectorate? It's just Pollen and Borca, right?
>>
so for clan items that have no resource value, do you automatically get them after reaching that level or do you have to pay the value?
>>
>>44363926
Just parts of Borca and extending a little into Pollen
The Judges don't cover that much territory geographically, but it's probably the most densely populated part of Europe as of 2593
>>
File: 1448488881619.jpg (89 KB, 736x507) Image search: [Google]
1448488881619.jpg
89 KB, 736x507
I feel like talking about vehicles, so let's have a brainstorming about how they could be used, or at least modified in areas without easy access to petrol. My first two contributions would be the obvious use of E-cubed batteries in powering them, or figuring out how to make steam powered vehicles that'll move fast enough. Anyone else?
>>
>>44364156
Primer-powered internal combustion engines. Burn the fungus, use as fuel, Spital is happy. :^)
>>
File: 1450150321057.jpg (504 KB, 621x913) Image search: [Google]
1450150321057.jpg
504 KB, 621x913
>>44364156
Solar power might work, if your willing to cut deals with the Chroniclers/raid Palers for the panels
As for making them useful, your best would be tough and ugly beasts that are designed to roll over potholes, not try and avoid them.
Steam could work, there's already a pretty large Clan that make their living rebuilding steam engines and the railway network in Pollen, I could see one of their engineers trying to rig some kind of steam tank to go cross country or lay down new tracks
>>
>>44364213
It'd be a problem in Pollen and Purgare.

But then again they have bigger problems than fuel allocation.
>>
>>44364213
>>44364194
There are definitely enough solar panels from Bygone bases to supercede the need to even deal with Chroniclers and Palers. I dunno how well the primer burns though, at least compared to better alternatives like peat or wood. I guess you could just use Burn cusps to do so?

A steam-powered arms race with the Storski's would make for an interesting plot, besides rigging together vehicles that could handle the wasteland.
>>
File: Ivan_the_Terrible_and_Harsey.jpg (766 KB, 2044x1300) Image search: [Google]
Ivan_the_Terrible_and_Harsey.jpg
766 KB, 2044x1300
what do you think sets this setting apart from other post apocalyptic settings, both cliché and clique-y
>>
>>44364274
It'd be an interesting campaign to see an area of Balkhan or Pollen overrun by a vehicular-based clan fucking shit up and gaining traction, enough so that the Jehads, Judges, and Spitals have to do something about it.

To be honest I just wanna run a Fury Road-inspired campaign.
>>
>>44364351
That it's more than just post-apocalyptic. We're already on the rebuilding stage in most areas of Europe while Africa's pretty developed and heading into advanced stages. You can run anything from tribal shit to Inquisitions to political intrigue and more. It's a far more versatile setting than most other post-apoc systems I've seen/played.
>>
>>44364351
Sheer detail for one, there's lots of factions in play that all interact in different ways, have their own prejudices against one another and towards themselves, they all look unique and there's very little of the standard "we watched Mad Max so everyone wears leather now" asthetic you see in most post-apocalyptic settings
>>44364353
If you wanted to do Fury Road your best starting point would probably be Africa, with the players as escaping slaves hijacking a fuel convoy and making a break for the Gibraltar Bridge and on into Hybrispania
>>
>>44364441
Yeah, but I'm kind of in love with the psychonauts. I'd like to have at least one chakra pop up.
>>
>>44364387
I agree, I've been reading a lot into this setting and I love the almost medieval way society is based. Some are rebuilt and chugging along normally, while others are complete madness and on the edge of destruction.
>>44364441
Also agreed the factions really interest me.

On that note, could anyone give a bit for information about the difference between cultures and cults? Is it almost like a you race vs your faction? I'm not quite following it in some respects, specifically like with the Palers. If they're like molemen, would they still be able to be above-ground Judges? (for example). I would really appreciate a little more clarification.
>>
>>44364467
The players get roped into the escape attempt by a disguised Guerrero resistance fighter, who convinces them he's just breaking out the prisons to screw over the Neolibyans, but the truth is he's actually using the entire thing to cover the extraction of a pregnoctic who got caught before her powers fully developed. Could the entire escape attempt actually have already happened to this girl, and what insights can she offer? Is a psychonaut to be trusted?
>>
>>44364522
The divides between Clan and Culture (or Cult, depending). So, for example, a Borcan could be a Clanner, Scrapper or Helvetican, but he was born in Borca.
Palers are a little bit odd, because of their peculiar status living completely cut off from both the Clans and Cultures of the world
>>
>>44364353
To be completely honest, that'd work more with Franka. If my memory serves, there's at least 20 surge tanks in the marshes of the territory, all of them fully laden. That way, Pheromancer swarms can be involved as well, making a truly clusterfuck of a situation.
>>
>>44364573
Ah I see, it's more like upbringing vs career/life choices etc. Cheers you're cleared things up for me a bit. And I follow you over the Palers, they are odd. Currently reading their backstory.
>>
>>44364584
Surge Tanks are the size of houses at their smallest. Their more like the Jawa crawler from A New Hope then a modern battle tank.
>>
>>44364612
They wouldn't be driving the tanks, buddy. There's enough petro in them to fuel a clan for years, if they're careful.
>>
>>44364545
Imagine the one who caught her Is a Spitalian. All tenets say a psychonaut must be killed on sight, and pregnoctics are no exception. But this girl can talk. She's still more human than psychonaut, and even though Spital is militant, how far are you willing to go to ignore "First, do no harm?"
>>
>>44364646
Ah OK, misunderstood you for a second, thought you were going to try using a Surge Tank as a War Rig or something
But yeah, a Scrapper clan claiming control of one of the lost Surge Tanks makes a good starting point for a motorised chase across Franka. Might be a bit boggy but that just adds to the challenge
>>
>>44364661
Not sure I see a Spitalian handing her over as a slave. Unless he took her with him to Qabis so he could investigate without having the Hippocrats looking over his shoulder, but then she escapes and is confused for a slave by a Scourger.
A bunch of Spitalians eager to recover their captured psychonaut would also make for an interesting rogue element in the story, trying to recapture just the girl while not really caring too much about the rest of the slaves
>>
>>44364688
Among other things I wish to brainstorm, was possible finds of scrappers, resulting in mini-scenes. Like finding a large cache of ammo in Cockroach clan infested territory.
>>
>>44364731
I couldn't see Spitalians not caring about the slaves if they manage to make landfall in Europe. They can be callous assholes, sure, but they wouldn't hesitate to help someone in need, either. Perhaps they would prioritize the girl while alerting any Judges and Guerrerros they come across of the fact that Scourgers are running through Hybrispania with the intent to capture slaves.
>>
>>44364799
I was thinking more of the Spitalians trying to intercept her in Africa, and trying to do it sneakily because they can't afford to piss off the Scourgers anymore than they do already by being white.
But perhaps that's an offer the Spitalians can make to the players: bring us the girl, and we can get you out on a boat, no questions asked. Just you though, the rest of the prisoners will have to take their chances
>>
>>44364866
I like it.

Campaigns that never happened. ;_;
>>
>>44364866
Nah, the twist is that one of the players is a Spitalian and learns that the girl is a Psychonaut as they cross the land bridge. The campaign is about the most important question of all

Can love bloom on the battlefield?
>>
File: 1449017817925.png (16 KB, 309x266) Image search: [Google]
1449017817925.png
16 KB, 309x266
>>44365189
PURGE AND TREAT.
>>
So are marauders space marines in a death world?
>>
File: Love can bloom.jpg (63 KB, 471x873) Image search: [Google]
Love can bloom.jpg
63 KB, 471x873
>>44365189
Depends, is the Spitalian also a sniper, and the Psychonaut a pale redhead with pointy ears?
>>
>>44365260
Chernobog and Aries definitely feel like it, not sure about the one legged women, or that one living in the city overrun by AMSUMO's. And sadly we have no real information on what's happening up in Britain
My personal theory involves that corp the Anubians used to run before the Eschaton creating Marauders as a bid to counter Recombination Group, but I have zero evidence to back that up
>>
>>44365189
No, otacon, it can't, especially between a mutant and a doctor nazi
>>
>>44365319
Of course, RG did love MEMES JACK. Probably planned it from the start
>>44365258
Treat her with your cock more like.
>>
>>44365789
If "cock" is what I call my Splayer, sure. Spore waifu a shit.
>>
>>44365789
>Of course, RG did love MEMES JACK. Probably planned it from the start
Oh fuck, RG even uses nanomachines! Its fits
>>44365763
Dammit Snake, always ruining people's fun. He'd make a good basis for a Helvetican commando who's tired of the outside worlds shit but still has a few months before he can just crawl back into the fortress and rest
>>
>>44363926
>>44363993
>Pollen
what. It's the Ruhrpott and bits of Franka
>>
>>44365849
>but still has a few months before he can just crawl back into the fortress and rest
You realize this is the biggest death flag in fiction, right?
>>
>>44365911
Which is entirely appropriate for Solid Snake, he's a love letter to action movie archetypes so you might as well add another one
>>44365897
Shit, you're right. Thought for some reason they went East over the Reapers Blow, but they go into North Franka instead
>>
>>44365849
Gonna have Armstrong be a Marauder if I ever run De.
>>
>>44365897
RUHRPOTT! NEIN, HERR RICHTER, ICH BIN LEGAL HIER! DIE SPITALIER SOLLTEN MIT PANZERKAMPFWAGEN IN DIE MUTTERSPORENFELDER VORDRINGEN UND DIE UNTERMENSCHEN AUSROTTEN! DANKE! /:=(
>>
>>44366081
>RUHRPOTT ! NO , Your Honor , I AM here legally ! THE SPITALIER SHOULD WITH PANZERKAMPFWAGEN into breast SPURS FIELDS penetrate AND subhuman exterminate ! THANK YOU! / : = (
Man, you've gotta love Google translate. Guess you meant Mother Spore Field, not Breast Spurs
>>
>>44366081
So einfach wie kann ich jetzt sagen, wird Ihre Anfrage verweigert.
>>
>>44366138
Vielen Dank für ihre Mühe, mein fremdländischer Kamerad. Ich werde mich ebenfalls der wundervollen Technologie von Google Übersetzer bedienen:

Ist schon jemandem aufgefallen, dass der Stahlmonolith in Justitian wahrscheinlich auf den alten Kruppstahlwerken gebaut wurde? Natürlich stellen sie den besten Stahl her!
>>
>>44366239
>>44366138
Ich habe den falschen Absatz kopiert, dieser ist der richtige:

Is someone already noticed that the steel monolith built in Justinian probably on the old Krupp steelworks? Of course, make the best steel here!
>>
>>44366239
Flink wie Windeier,
Zäh wie leber,
Hart wie Klappstuhl!
>>
pls no hitlerspeak I don't wanna resort to google translate to only get maybesorta the gist of it.
>>
Ein Kranke, ein kult, ein Spital.
We get it. Crazy doctors.
>>
File: 1356104358332.jpg (108 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1356104358332.jpg
108 KB, 1440x810
>>44366408
SPITALIAN MEDICINE IS THE BEST MEDICINE IN THE WORLD!!!!!
>>
>>44366441
Your only competition are people who think sewing a dude into the skin of a dead dog then just leaving him to work it our for himself is a viable treatment, "the best in the world" doesn't mean that much right now
>>
>>44366351
Warum so Po verletzt?
>>
The Trailblazer has unlimited ammo, it has a thousand round clip, the Trailblazer shoots to kills in one hit, the Trailblazer is the go-to weapon for the US Military, the Trailblazer is the single greatest gun ever created by a man's hands, and I'm even talkin' about the M16, cuz the Trailblazer, the Trailblazer, you don't, you don't gotta reload the Trailblazer now do you?

The Trailblazer's made out of the, out of the same aluminum alloy off the, off the goddamn NASA space shuttle, the Trailblazer is the gold standard of modern warfare, that quote's from Guns and Ammo magazine, from August 2007, see, you got explosives, you don't gotta use that shit, you got the Trailblazer right there, see.

Now, I got shot once, goddamnit, that's true, that's not the Trailblazer's fault, that was my fault, that was me being a bad soldier right there, the Trailblazer is immaculate, it's perfection is what it is.

You don't even gotta aim the Trailblazer, it's so good, you just gotta, it's got heatseeking bullets, you just get headshots, you could give a Scrapper this gun and it'd just go around and kill everybody, it's the greatest thing ever built.

I am...sexually attracted, to the Trailblazer. The structure is...the foregrip...

All these stupid motherfuckers in Europe don't know the Trailblazer is the greatest thing in the goddamn world, whatchu guys think of the Trailblazer? Get 'er done, right? Get 'er done!
>>
>>44366563
Someone check him for spores, like now!
>>
>>44366563
Is this how the Hellvetics recruit? Just outright lie about everything?
>>
File: K goes to the range.gif (3 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
K goes to the range.gif
3 MB, 500x282
>>44366563
Is...is this some kind of advanced /k/ meme?
Remove Gertrell
>>
>>44366619
literally none of that is a lie i bet you're a filthy fucking scrapper i hope you fucking die the Trailblazer is the single greatest gun it is the pinnacle of technology it is unstoppable it is perfect it is fucking perfect
>>
>>44366798
So, this is what happens when a Chronicler goes into the Warpage
How are you finding the pre-Stream days of humanity?
>>
>>44366798
1v1 me Alpine scum. Time for your pesticide enema.
>>
>>44366798
SHUT UP SCRAPPER MARVEL IS BEST GUN CAN SHOOT OVER INTO MANY ROACH. IS OF KILLING MANY STUIPD DIRTY SWISS CHEESE SCUM. GO BACK TO OPPRESSING CANTONS POWER ARMOR FUK.
>>
>>44366978
>>44366949
>>44366798
So we've gone from warpage to virtual entertainment to political forum.
>>
File: Who knows.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
Who knows.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>44367301
Our mission statement has always been muddled at best.
>>
File: judge.jpg (151 KB, 625x893) Image search: [Google]
judge.jpg
151 KB, 625x893
For my potential, shuold I go with Hammer Blow or Janus Face? I'm planning on going up the Protector route.
>>
Anyone else a little upset about how they just lumped all of Africa into one culture?
>>
>>44361941
A bit late to the party, but here's the gist (spoilered since enemy mechanics are technically GM-exclusive knowledge)

Whenever a Psychonaut activates a phenomenon, they may opt to overload it. For this, they simply choose how much they want to overload, reduce their spore infestation by that amount and gain an equal amount of overload points for the phenomenon. Overloading is done before rolling for for the phenomenon, and directly subtracts from the roll you make for it since you lower your infestation. E.g. you have 10 Infestation and want to manifest a phenomenon with 2 overload. This immediately reduces your Infestation to 8, meaning you also only have 8 dice to roll with. Usually each point of overload strengthens the phenomen in some way, making it more dangerous or powerful. Some cannot be overloaded, though.
>>
>>44371623
Yeah, it's a bit lazy. At least they could have separated them into the eastern egyptian/lybian and western morrocan/algerian halves, since those had two fairly different historical developmments.

Though then again they also merged the entirety of the balkan states as well as parts of Turkey and Austria into one big blob, so I dunno.
>>
Not that i'm against this, but would someone explain to me why did a tabletop spend cash on making those trailers? Does it really have that big of a following?
>>
>>44371623
Not at all considering that even within "Cultures" they state there's varying minor degrees of your culture, and the fact that you are even mentioning this is telling you probably didn't even read the African portion.
>>
>>44368714
Probably you should go Hammer Blow 1-2 first and then whatever you want. The penalty of "Impact" is so fucking annoying at the beginning.
>>
>>44372113
The developer studio is primarily composed of artists who also happened to like RPGs and decided to make a system out of the setting they came up with. So they place a greater focus on the aesthetic and setting than many other studios, and focus less on the actual mechanics. Afaik they've also already got an in-setting visual novel and a manga in the pipe as well, and are looking to do something animated, too.
>>
>>44372113
It's their hobby. They don't fokus much on sales and income (yes I know it costs 100 bucks) but on the developement of their world.

They also have giant egos that need satisfaction. Kek, artists
>>
>>44365344
nice dubs, personally I'm going with they were people that were suppossed to be in the actual Cry-vaults also don't forget about Triglaw.
>>
>>44368714
hey where can I find the english character sheet?
>>
>>44372771
>not reading OP
>>
Funfact a starting level Hellvetica can, with the proper stat allocation and actions ingame, kill LITERALLY everything in the setting in one turn, except for certain robots that take a maximum of 2. This includes vehicles and bygone threats. If you don't have at least three Hellveticas in your party you are LITERALLY begging for a full party wipe.
>>
>>44373006
>kill LITERALLY everything in the setting
Did you mean 'anything'?

Also have fun playing fort. Meanwhile we'll be out in the world, having adventures.
>>
>>44373029
No, everything. If he chooses to, then he is able to kill everything. It'll take him a while, but he can do it.
>>
>>44373006
Said Helveticans are going to be about as much use as a condom in a nunnery if the DM asks them to do anything social
You can build as beefy a combat monster as you like, there's always a way around it
>>
>>44373040
>It'll take him a while
>>44373006
>in one turn
Sematic'd!
>>
>>44373045
>>44373052
ONE TURN PER LIFE FORM compared to a fucking Scrapper which takes like 19 turns to sneak in and then punch it with its dirty fucking hands some and probably just dies face down in the dirt like the FUCKING DOG IT IS

>>44373045
SHOOT THE SOCIAL TALKING GUY INSTEAD you dont understand swiss fucking strong or just cut corners and take guns from people you kill and sell them and spend the 25,000 CD you earn per day minimum and bribe the social faggots

>>44373052>>44373052
>>44373052
>>44373052
actually fuck you if the Hellvetican really wanted he probably COULD kill everything in one turn if he got ready first the average subpar Hellvetican averages 1.5 kills per bullets fired and that's factoring in his yearly celebrational miss if he got ready he could kill everything in one turn you filthy fucking scrapper trash I DONT KNOW WHY WE LET SCRAPPERS ON THE INTERNET THEY NEED TOA LL GO FUCKING DIE WE NEED CAPTCHA ON THIS STUPID FUCKING SITE SO SCRAPPERS LOOK AT IT AND GO "WELL AM I A HUMAN I DO CAPTCHA" AND THEN HIS MONKEY PAWS SMASH ON THE KEYS AND HE GETS LOCKED OUT I HATE SCRAPPERS SO FUCKING MUCH
>>
>>44373045
aLSO FUCK YOU HELLVETICANS CAN BE SOCIAL EASy my starting level corporal has fucking domination pools of like 8 what the fuck do you think you can do against that, nothing, you tell the Hellvetican "Oh hurr durr we won't let you pass through this wall" and the GM goes "Okay how are you gonna convince him to let you past" and I throw my domination dice at him and get 5 triggers and get past, or I can just shoot him and kill all the other trash backing him up, or bribe him with the thirty thousand guns and bullets I've looted in the past two hours

honestly im starting to think youre not even a scrapper, I bet you're a scouranger or a fucking chronicler ass pussy or some apocalyptic slut

anabaptists are mostly okay though
>>
For the life of me, maybe it's the retardation, but besides boosting your imitative what else does your ego points get used for. It says you can buy . . . "advantages". But I couldn't find much. Very possible I missed it, I'm reading it as a PDF on a phone.
>>
So how come the Hellvetics haven't run out of ammunition even though it's been over five hundred years? Did they really have enough ammunition to last literally centuries? What do they do when they inevitably run out?
>>
>>44373006
I don't have it in front of me but I'm unsure if a hellvetic by them self can ones hot a surge tank or a full on tanker with just a trailblazer.
>>
File: purple_man.jpg (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
purple_man.jpg
46 KB, 300x300
This is how I pheromancer BBEG
>>
>>44371827
Thank you anon
>>
>>44374348
They make more, obviously.
>>
>>44374348
EACH BULLET IS LITERALLY HANDCRAFTED, THE FUCKING MANUFACTURE THAT SHIT

>>44374357
EXPLOSIVES WORK TOO, AND GUESS WHAT HELLVETICANS GET TWO OF THEM
>>
>>44374412
they aren't nearly that pretty...
>>
>>44373006
Rift Psychokinetic lmao.
[spoilers]but I guess killing yourself in 1 turn is a new feat[/spoilers]

>>44373783
Extra die on the first action of the turn you use them, which is in addition to the boosted initiative.

>>44375003
Depends on how much you've smelled them desu senpai
>>
>>44375125
So you have to declare the extra ego dice at the start of your turn? Then they automatically go to your first rolled action or can you put some dice to one action and the rest to another?
>>
>>44316494
>tfw my link is still in the OP
You should really use the bookmarked version that another anon made. I don't know where it is now though.

Also, I wonder why I had no copyright infringement warning yet.
>>
>>44373783
Part of the FAQ also elaborated that you can use Ego points to give you +1D per point (spending up to 3 points) on skill tests that have suitably high stakes or where you are under time pressure.

Additionally, Ego Points also serve as essentially your health points against morale attacks. So if you spend them all on boosts until you have none left, you'll be a gibbering wreck the moment you get hit by one of those.
>>
>>44375385
You declare them during the initiative phase of the relevant turn, before anybody rolls for init. The additional bonus die/dice only apply to the very first roll of your first action, even in a combined roll.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.