[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your group have a no girlfriends/no boyfriends rule?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 18
File: pic extremely related.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pic extremely related.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
Does your group have a no girlfriends/no boyfriends rule?
>>
PCed in a few campaigns where the DM's girlfriend was in the party. She was just as much a tabletop veteran as he, took it just as seriously, there was no problem.
DMed a couple campaigns where the players were dating irl, so they had their characters end up together, too. Added some extra drama /comic relief to the campaign without derailing the quest(s) at hand.
>>
I wish I could, but I'd lose three of my players if I did that. Seriously, this guy brought his GF to a Dark Heresy campaign and she knows nothing about 40k. Never have met a tech-priest who is so willing to tamper with technology.

Maybe it's a ruse and she's secretly a heretek, but I doubt it.
>>
Since my boyfriend and I co-DM, that would work out badly.
>>
Given that my wife is the one who introduced me to tabletops, and DMs a quarter of our games, that would be a pretty awkward rule. Doubly so since the other two members of our group recently started dating.
>>
The GM's fiancee, his mom, and his mom's fiance are all part of the group.
So no.
>>
My fiancee is both a player in one game and a GM in another. We've had one other guy's girlfriends play before though she wasn't as into it as she let on at first.
>>
>>44315975
How does that work, that sounds fun.
>>
Honestly, it upsets me to know how much enjoyment I get out of the hobby of tabletop gaming, yet I will never be able to share that with my wife.

My friends all come over with their significant others, and they all have histories of gaming together. One friend even explained to me how great it was to always have at least one person to game with.

I've tried to sit down and explain what D&D, and other RPGs are, and she seemed enthusiastic about trying at first. But she says it's too much like homework. She think's she has to memorize everything at once and I tried to explain it's not like that. I tried playing different games with different genres and rulesets.

The two times I made a character for her, she whipped her phone out in the middle of play and just started browsing facebook. She can't even watch a film or anything longer than an episode of project runway without looking at that stupid thing.

I've just given up on trying. I don't know how to get through to her. One day when I have kids... I hope they like the fantasy genre. Maybe they will play tabletop games with me...
>>
>>44316313
Hate to break it to you, but from that description you two don't seem very compatible. How did you end up married?
>>
Half the group is dating the other half of the group, so if we had a "no boyfriends or gilrfriends" rule we would doubltless disintigrate.
>>
>>44316222
I can't speak for co-dming with a SO but I co-dm for a few games and it helps with prep a lot and to have sounding boards for your ideas. Usually you only have one of the co-dms dming at a time (you might have a designated storyteller or you might switch it up) it can make the worlds feel a bit more alive. Also one time I made a setting with a few other people where each person acted as a few of the gods during creation of the setting and sort of argued at each other until the world was born.
>>
>>44316513
Yeah. I know. It's weird, because everything else seems to fit into place. She does her thing. I do mine. We can rely and depend on one another. But when it comes to how we spend our free time, we're polar opposites. The only things we have in common are we both like flea markets, and we both have shitty taste in video games. We were just there for each other at the time when we needed one another. We've been through a lot together, and I want to share my life with her. I just wish she'd- Sorry, this isn't the place for this.

I apologize.
>>
>>44316668
Oh damn anon, sorry about that, that definitely sound like a deeper relationship than I imagined. Carry on.
>>
>>44316313
>made a character for her
you pretty much took away what the entire game is about before you even started
try doing a prebuilt adventure like that really popular one with the mines, I forget what it is.
you can also do DnD encounters, which is what kids and really new casual people play before deciding to do real games.

if you're doing a 1 PC game, then that's just completely pointless, anyone would give up after 15 minutes. there's no reason at this point to not play a video game instead. even a CYOA would be a better choice.
this could be the biggest reason, I know from experience several of my friends tried to do this with various people they wanted to introduce to D&D, 1 player games are a disaster.

anyway, try to make your game the complete opposite of a dungeon crawl, with as little stat pulling, complex dice rolling, formulas and calculations.
less rules and restrictions, just resolve everything with a D20 or something.

I mean, all she has to do is just play the game. you can handle her stat sheet and she just has to talk about what she wants to do.
just ask her why she stops playing in the middle of the game.
>>
>>44316668
i'm here if you wanna talk brah
We're all anons here.
>>
>>44316700
It's all good! And now, something completely different!
>Over at a friend's house in the early 90s
>We were over the all the time, playing 2nd edition in his basement just about every night.
>His girlfriend HATED that we were up so late, but on this particular night...
>when we came home, my friend told us we would have to be more quiet than usual. Sarah was in a bad mood.
>We went down in the basement, and were being relatively quiet, we had a radio on but it was quiet and we already ordered food so no trips through the house
>As we're playing, everyone's getting in character and getting excited.
>I remember specifically, we opened a chest, bypassed the trap in it, and he got a sword that was obviously enchanted.
>He gives out a shout without thinking, "SWEET ACTION!" And then immediately goes silent.
>All of a sudden, we hear footsteps thundering through the house above us.
>She flies down the stairs and immediately bowls him out of his chair.
>pizza, books, and dice go EVERYWHERE.
>She tears into him, calling him every name on the book.
>She reveals that the reason she's pissed is because she was fired that day, "MY LIFE IS FALLING APART AND YOU'RE DOWN HERE PLAYING THIS STUPID GAME WITH THESE FUCKING GEEKS! WHEN ARE YOU ALL GOING TO GROW UP?"
>He says some stupid shit like, "Why is it always about you?"
>They spill into this personal argument while all of us awkwardly crawl out of the basement and walk home.(He was our ride)
>We never came over again after that.
>>
>>44315650
No, we've had a boyfriend/girlfriend couple since we formed. They're both pretty awesome.

Most of the rest of us aren't relationship material, or never try.
>>
For awhile they had a no boys rule but let me in, and then my friend. We're still the only two guys though, and there's something of a wait list and only girls are on it.
>>
>>44316908
Thanks for your advice. You actually brought up a couple points that I hadn't thought about before.

Originally, we went through the character creation process together. But she felt like she had to memorize that process for some reason, even though I explained that's not how it works.

And I tried things besides dungeon crawls. I specifically went our for genres she liked, like modern mystery games, a paranormal investigation using lite rules I found. I even did research into a revolutionary war era romance series she was in to, to see if that would spark any interest.

I think I'll talk to her about this tonight, actually. She's pretty open and easy to talk to. It's been a while sense we've tried. Maybe things would have changed since the last time we tried.
>>
>>44317050

Did any of the pizza survive?
>>
>>44317238
Actually, I was just thinking about that, and I remember my friend Jonah picking lots of it up off of the dirty basement floor and eating it on the way home. It was disgusting.

Years later, he spelled a tiny 12 dollar cup of nachos on the floor at Gen con and scooped chips off of the ground and ate them while cute girls in cosplay stared at him with faces of shock and awe.

It was awful...
>>
>>44315650
Nope just a "no fuck heads" rule, and we are all big enough assholes to not worry about telling you if your SO is a fuck head.
>>
>>44315650
No, and it always gets me that there are groups for which such rules would be necessary.
>>
I just started dming and I've invited my girlfriend in alongside some other friends, she find the number crunching a pain but now that we've had a few fights and a bit of intraparty role play things seem to be working fine. I don't think I give her favorable treatment but I'm probably better at reading her tells so maybe I do.

In any case, as with anything like this, handle with caution, don't be an arse.
>>
I'm somewhat ashamed to say that when a thread posing a question like this appears, I am *surprised* to see the out-pouring of downright normal and decent people responding. I guess that I constantly underestimate /tg/.
>>
>>44315650
OP, just skip the fucking moral "debate" false flag and tell us about how this pic is related to your issue?

Seriously, >>44317458 covers it in it's entirety.
>>
>>44318144
This. I will never understand what these faggots want. Why do they feel the need to hide their interests and discussions behind "questions" about /tg/?
>>
>>44318179
Well, that and this subject is so thoroughly covered it's ridiculous.

> Talk to person you are having a problem with, if they are unreasonable boot them

> No game is always better than a bad game

> (x) isn't necessarily a bad player, and if they are see previous two green texts

Just tell me a tail of a train wreck and drama and spergs sperging out all over your board.
>>
>>44318208
You know, now that you mention it... Even as a means of starting an "off topic" argument, it's nit very sensible or effecient, I it?
>>
>>44317951
>I don't think I give her favorable treatment but I'm probably better at reading her tells so maybe I do.
Honestly, in my experience, the best thing to do if you even think it's a possibility is to approach the other players and ask if they feel like you are. And present it the way you just did--"Hey, all, I just wanted to check in with you since I know there are a lot of 'DM's girlfriend' horror stories out there. I don't think I've been giving ____ any preferential treatment, but I'm probably better at reading her tells, so I might be doing so inadvertently. Do any of you have any complaints?"

Being open and honest about it will prevent anyone from building up resentment over real or imagined preferential treatment, and they'll respect you for consulting them for their opinions on the matter.
>>
>>44315891
> but I'd lose three of my players if I did that
Not 2 or 4?
>>
>>44315650

No we just have a no other people allowed rule.
>>
>>44317951
>woman finds math hard

I really REALLY wish this didn't keep showing up in my life over and over again.
>>
>>44315650
It had one. Useless now, since they all got married and their spouses are either okay with them gaming or participate.
>>
>>44315650
What the fuck is that? Holy fuck is it alopecia, the results of the mother taking meds whilst pregnant, some fucked up attempt at a tranny or a Nurgle devotee or what?

On topic no. That's a stupid rule. I can't see where or why that would be needed.
>>
>>44315650
No, because we're functional human beings that don't require arbitrary rules to stop someone from sperging out.
>>
>>44315650
I mean maybe we would if i were a three hundred pound mouth breathing loser who got jealous every time anyone else got things in life i couldn't... and i am... but we don't
>>
I've only had a problem with it once.
>Grow up and friends grow up
>Friends get married and whatnot
>Get together with some old members of group with current spouses
>P is married to L
>I DMed our DD,ADD2ed games back then
>P STed all of the WOD stuff
>P Kept his thing going. P Never killed players. L usually played in his games.
>I on the other hand stuck to the die rolls for combat
>Get together for 3.5 game. 3 new players. 3 old vets
>L had a penchant for rolling oddball one trick pony prestige classes. Special snowflakes.
>Playing Dragonlance and wants to play an engineer. Nope
>Wants to play a Psyblade. Think Yu Yu Hakisho.
>Screw it go ahead
>L constantly makes retarded combat decisions. KOed constantly cause I don't coddle dumb shit
>Getting mad
>Big dungeon crawl
>Story arch where they're looking for named weapon for fighterbro
>Semi BBEG has already went through area
>PCs are all wtf because what was supposed to be a lair is now infested with undead inhabitants
>Sword had dragon keeping it
>Obvious ominous boss battle coming up
>Dried bloody dais with stairwell
>Scorched walls and clawmarks
>Christ if Psyblade doesn't charge up the stairs
>Right into the jaws of a skeletal dragon
>Rolls crits on bite +claws.
>L well beyond dead. Think the .gif of the turtle tearing the mouse in half
>L has been playing with P for like 4 years
>Never died
>Party defeats dragon and all beat up

>L session ends
>P approaches me later
>L had complained fight was unfair
>I rolled too high man. I was even surprised.
>The encounter was +4 and party was TIP TOP shape. So no big deal.
>Tell L to just roll another character
>Rolls Black Draconian Rogue
>Few games go by and I'm focusing on 1-2 characters/game and testing their skills
>L complains to P that I'm "ignoring her and her character"
>P voices it to me
>Now P and I have played together for a decade
>Can trust P with telling him what I'm doing
>Actually pulled out module I had written for her skills to shine
>>
>>44315650
>Does your group have a no girlfriends/no boyfriends rule?
We have a "only vetted referrals" rule. Since some of us are into BDSM we understand the importance of making sure everyone's cool and no boundaries are violated.
This works as follows
1) Established group member asks GM if new players are currently needed.
2) If GM accepts, the referring player and the aspiring one visit or call the GM, group rules are explained and general talks are being had.
3) Depending on timeline the referring player or the GM and the referring player both hash out a character concept
4) The next session, the new would-be player attends and a finished character sheet is made . Depending on how long this takes, the session will instead be turned into a dinner party.
5) The new player is accepted.
6) The new player comes to the next session and - because we're filthy jews - pays a 'tax' of five dice to the GM in order to ensure any lost or forgotten dice may be replaced at a moment's notice
???
We play.
>>
File: 1450537727415.jpg (72 KB, 557x564) Image search: [Google]
1450537727415.jpg
72 KB, 557x564
>>44315650
No because we're mature RPG-playing adults.
>>
>>44321357
>Since some of us are into BDSM
I hope I never run across you and your filthy "group".
>>
>>44315650
Nope, one of the 3 or so people who we can actually count on to show up to board game night is a buddies girlfriend.
That said, I have never seen someone that salty while scoring 50 points in a single round of Terra Mystica.
>>
We have a no-females rule.
>>
>>44320303
Thats just Chris-chan, google it, its a wild ride
>>
>>44315891
>Never have met a tech-priest who is so willing to tamper with technology.
Weirdly, I've never seen a tech priest, who wasn't eager to stick his metaphorical dick in whatever piece of weird ass tech they stumbled across.
>>
>>44317375
Nooooo! Every floor at Gen Con is gross as fuck.
>>
>>44315650
My group is three couples. Only 2 of the 5 players role play. One wife is only interested in crushing skulls, which honestly makes her the least problematic player. My wife has cried over loot/combat arguments she's started at least twice since the group formed. The third wife either hates playing, hates me, or is too pregnant to play now. I expect a combination of the first two. One of the men goes out of his way to explode everything that looks like it might think about combat. The last guy though? He's good.

I'd recommend just staying inside and drinking instead of ever dealing with human beings. You can order beer off amazon, right?
>>
Help me /tg/.

Fairly new to GMing, about to run a campaign online using D20 with an online group I've known for ages.

W is one of the best guys in the community, really enjoy his company. R was also a member until she started going out with W.

W I can confirm will be one of the best people there to play with. Problem is, he's whipped to all hell by R, to the point where he's created her character, created a Roll20 account and set everything up for her because she was 'busy'.

First session is tomorrow, and I've already had to delay the start by 3 hours because W asked me to accomodate R's timetable.

Should I have a word with W now? Despite having done nothing R is still interested in playing as far as I know, but because of how friendly I am with W I know I'll end up giving him leeway, which I really don't want to do.
>>
>>44321420
What on God's green and pleasant Earth have I just witnessed?

He has an entire Wiki to himself.

He has to be the most well chronicled individual in human history. Just briefly skimming over it I have to ask one question.

Has he done anything that wasn't a failure as a basic human being?
>>
>>44315650
No, but we have a "no OOC drama at the table" rule.

Obviously if you can't come to game because a close relative died or if you have a legit problem, we'll stop and make sure you're okay. Friends are more important than the imaginary characters they play. But if you intentionally bring your real life problems to the table and bring them up when they don't need to be brought up, you will be asked to leave until you're willing to check your baggage at the door.
>>
>>44316313
Build a jammer, activate it when you play. Bonus, building shit is fun.
>>
>>44321622
>Being this new
>>
>>44321622
Thinking on top of my head no
>>
>>44321669
I'm looking through page after page of failure and wretchedness trying to find something, anything, to point to and say

>There, he isn't a total failure!

I always used to believe that everyone had something they were good at. Blame Sesame Street for that. Some redeeming feature.

I can't find a single one. Holy shit. Big Bird and Kermit lied to me. I feel sad now.
>>
File: chris-chan-twerking-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
chris-chan-twerking-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44321694
Don't be anon, not everyone is born to be a winner, at least natural selection will take care of this. I'm sorry for making your day worse in any shape or form
>>
>>44321694
He seems to be adequate at breathing.
>>
>>44321694
>I always used to believe that everyone had something they were good at.

Now you know basic genetics faggot. Some people are worth less than others.
>>
>>44321727
SWEET FUCKING JESUS EYE BLEACH PLEASE!
>>
>>44321622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXjnakAlF-s

There is even a documentary about it
>>
>>44321878
That's not even half as bad as meatbread desu.
>>
>>44321694
He is really good at failing at life, that is something.
>>
>All these newfags only finding Chris-Chan now
>>
>>44315650
No, but we have a no darkies rule
>>
>>44315650
We have a "no OP" rule.
>>
>>44321928
It's like one guy, what are you on about?
>>
>>44322879
It's a terrible thing to discover for the first time.
>>
I'm running a game in the new year for my housemates. In this case, 'my housemates' refers to my girlfriend and the couple we live with. We all get along pretty well, except they're all green as grass. I'm not saying it's going to be a trainwreck, but...
>>
>>44316668
>>44316313

>I got married
>2015

lmao
>>
File: 1408631812197.png (1 MB, 591x1253) Image search: [Google]
1408631812197.png
1 MB, 591x1253
>>44320303
>>
>>44316513
Not sharing tabletop is hardly a sign of incompatibility. My wife thinks they're stupid and nerdy but god damn we're fucking good together.
>>
>>44324041
This. The quality of a relationship is not measured by shared activities alone.
>>
Never would have gotten into the hobby, or met my best friends, if my girlfriend hadn't asked me if I would try the hobby with her. Now we play in a group with the DM, his wife, his mom, and his dad. Cutest fucking family ever.
>>
no, and it all works out fine. They don't get all romance-y during the sessions or bring their own conflicts into it so it's all good.
>>
>>44321437
Weird, I've never seen a tech priest
>>
>>44315650
And remember, this is what changeling the dreaming characters look like with their banality too low
>>
>>44323802
Jus remember. As bad as you are, you will never be as terrible as him
>>
>>44324164
That's just being a decent human being and not airing your personal business in public, out of respect for others.

It's saddening that people need to be reminded of this nowadays.
>>
>>44315650
Not really, mostly because it only ever happened one time and it went well.
Basically one time a player brought along his gf because she was curious about roleplaying, and since we were about to start a new campaign (and she was pretty as fuck) she managed to coax us into letting her play despite ample misgivings.
It went really quite well, because she was actually very good at the roleplaying and the bf helped her with all the crunch (stupid faggot didn't stop her from playing oracle tho, she should have started with something lighter). The only annoying-ish part was that of course they were a couple in-character too, but since they played them well with good backstories and interactions, it was mostly fine if a bit mawkish. We were actually disappointed when the campaign ended and she declined to start another with us, but then again I think she really disliked the crunch and she was really only coming to spend more time with that lucky piece of shit of her bf.
>>
>>44321622
Not that I can think of
>>
ITT: degenerate relationships
>>
>>44315650
No, because we are adults. I dated a girl in our group, and we broke up after about a year and kept playing. Literally no difference in the game.
>>
nope, I play with my wife and her son all the time.
>>
>>44325012
nice try but too obvious.
>>
>>44318123
This is the nature of 4chan, son. It's not moral or amoral, it's contrarian. 4chan will almost always do exactly the opposite what you, personally, think they'll do.

Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>44325012
baka desu sempai kke
>>
File: Suffering.jpg (157 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
Suffering.jpg
157 KB, 425x282
> Kinda seeing a 9/10 girl
> Through my own retardedness and some terrible luck, we haven't really had a chance to spend time together
> She invites me to her place to watch some movies before the semester ends
> Holy shit this is it
> Remember I have DnD on that day, group hasn't had a session in about a month and a half
> I'm the party's paladin, muh honours won't let me abandon them
> She suddenly lights up as she's always wanted to play
> Makes me promise that she can play next semester
Wat do tg? I want to bring her along but I'm not sure if she'd quite fit in.
Also,
> mfw I turn down a girl for DnD
>>
>>44316313
>She can't even watch a film or anything longer than an episode of project runway without looking at that stupid thing.
Sounds like her problem extends to more than just tabletop games.
>>
>>44315650
I have a lot of siblings and run a campaign of family only. Older brother is going to bring girlfriend over during Christmas and wants to play.

Yay or neh?
>>
>>44321879
>someone did a high school project on CWC that they submitted for a grade
>>
>>44325877
Warn her that she might not fit in with your preexisting group, promise to play with her anyway in a second game if that happens.
>>
>>44315650
Yes, no one in the group is allowed to have a girlfriend. Boyfriends are fine though, because banning them would be homophobic.
>>
I play for a couple and the girl is the best organized in the entire group. She made spreadsheets for everyone's abilities
>>
>>44316313
Run a game of fiasco
>>
File: 1449562743384.jpg (32 KB, 323x720) Image search: [Google]
1449562743384.jpg
32 KB, 323x720
>>44315650
>not making your players into your boyharem
>not selecting players based upon how cute they look

Do you even foreverGM?
>>
>>44316908
>try doing a prebuilt adventure like that really popular one with the mines, I forget what it is.
Lost Mines of Phandalin? That's a good one.
>>
Ours does though some of us wish to change it. We kind of started it back when we all played in high school and only one of us had a girlfriend that played TT games and each time she played with us was terrible (pretty much every single thing you could imagine happening when a couple plays together happened; She got upset when her boyfriend didn't protect her, he favored the shit out of her, they bossed eachother around, when he ran he gave her all sorts of boosts) so at the time it seemed sensible to enact a no girlfriends at the table thing. It worked out for a while.

Now we're all old and married and bitter and we occasionally re-visit the topic (as the number of gaming girl and boyfriends moved from 1 out of 5 to 3 out of 5). First girl is still there, and one of our players doesn't like another players wife that much so when the topic arises it gets shot down.
>>
>>44328202
Are you cute?
>>
>Only guy in the group
>Some of them try to get their bfs involved sometimes
>The bfs don't like it, can't figure it out, complain, get bored, and usually just putz around on their phone eventually

It's like I fell into some shadow realm.
>>
File: whywouldyou.jpg (229 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
whywouldyou.jpg
229 KB, 792x792
>>44328568
Of course not
>>
>>44328715
Well ok, no response then :c
>>
File: 1443527986419.jpg (157 KB, 884x902) Image search: [Google]
1443527986419.jpg
157 KB, 884x902
>>44318123
These threads always get me messed up
>OP: Hey guys, does anybody have any wacky stories about how awful playing games with your girlfriends are? I bet there are some real trainwrecks out there, right?
>Actually, I game with my wife all the time
>Basically everybody in my group is married, Steve's wife Harley tried it out once but she prefers to make snacks and watch, I let her play NPCs sometimes
>I met my current gf through a D&D group, she asked me out after we finished our first campaign together and our characters wound up hooking up ingame too
>>
>>44328715
>I bet you are, decribe yourself :3
>>>/soc/
>>
File: 1449721502409.png (363 KB, 452x710) Image search: [Google]
1449721502409.png
363 KB, 452x710
>>44328715
You shouldn't ask questions like that anon
>>
>>44315978

> allowing group members to date

Fuck off
>>
File: tiresias.png (593 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
tiresias.png
593 KB, 600x459
>>44324205
Weird, I've never seen
>>
>>44316908
>1 player games are a disaster.

The numerous successful one player games I have run would like to disagree. .......
>>
>>44318208
>> No game is always better than a bad game

Depends how bad. But please feel free to join the hordes of tg users whose inability to find a group is based SOLELY on their ridiculous standards.
>>
>>44318927
Check your fucking privilege, monogamous shitlord.
>>
>>44329155
Have a good day
>>
>>44321513
>The third wife either hates playing, hates me, or is too pregnant to play now

Have fun losing two players to a crying little shitproducing lump of flesh in about two months
>>
>>44329264
rude
>>
>>44327690

I hope she gets hit by a car.
>>
>>44329324
wtf anon
>>
>>44316668
I can't understand anything my husband says
>>
I DM for my girlfriend as well as a collection of friends. None of them know she is my girlfriend, and they haven't been complaining about any favoring (because I don't). Did have a couple go full paranoid ape shit on everyone else after their characters were attacked by assassins and no one else's was. (It was because those two had stolen from a local crime syndicate, unbeknownst to the rest of the party.)
>>
>>44329369

What about that statement was unclear? I hope she gets hit by a car. Preferably a Buick.

>>44329424

Sounds like a good gaming group. I assume by "DM" you all play DnD.
>>
>>44329463
Well for the first particular group, its actually a homebrew based on Megaman X but I have ran 2E a fair amount in my past, and the later mentioned blowup was when I was playing around with running 3.5.
>>
>>44328715
>>tfw no bf to suck off each other
You'd better not be a guy.
>>
>>44321357
Sounds more like you're inducting someone into a cult than a gaming group.
>>
>>44330235
>Sounds more like you're inducting someone into a cult than a gaming group.
I suppose it does, but it works.
>>
>>44330273
It's fucking stupid.

>"Hey, come here and let us judge your merit as a human being!"
>"Let us make your character for you!"
>"Give me free shit before you're even allowed to play!"

Fuck off.
>>
>>44321357

Holy shit, people like you take your shitty groups wayyyyy too seriously.
>>
I tried to get my partner into TTG. She doesn't like boardgames (only plays them to keep me happy, which in turn makes me feel horrid) and I had to kick her from my ROG group because she is the biggest That Guy. Attacking other party members, whining when something goes wrong, expecting no repercussions for actions, the list goes on.

Damn do I love that woman but fuck she can't play pretend to save her life. Here's hoping our kid takes after me
>>
>>44329797
I am
You have anything to say dude? Ill fight you
>>
>>44330469
>not even wearing a skirt to keep things straight
>>
>>44330461

Lol she sounds like a complete shit human. I bet she's just as much of a count in real life as in RPGs but is holding off on showing it til you tie the knot so she has access to your 100k income forever.
>>
>>44330496
Im not a sissy, dude
I just like cock in my butthole, otherwise Im totally "straight" and "boyish"
>>
>>44330615
>not pretending to be a girl
>calling yourself straight
>>
>>44315650
What the fuck is in that picture?
>>
>>44330675
Im a guy, not a fucking girl.
I have a dick, some stubbles and Im hairy as far as a 20 year old can get
Im not a traps sissy bitch..

>>44330688
Chris Chan
>>
>>44330688
Chris-chan. She's someone /b/ used to stalk and cyber-bully.
>>
>>44330700
gay
>>
>>44330734
Yes? Thats why I want a bf obviously
>>
>>44330342
To each their own.
>>44330387
That is true. It's not the right way, but it is a way we've found works for us.
>>
I do have a no girlfriends/boyfriends rule as a baseline. It's on a person to person basis though.

I have other more important rules

1. No Belgians
2. No Finns
3. No sandal wearers
4. No smoking or drinking at the table unless a super majority agrees to it.
5. Don't smell like shit. I live in an indian heavy area and they hate wearing deodorant for whatever reason
>>
>>44330769

Eh, if it's have you have to do. Groups with high standards for new players come across as cuntish and pretentious to me, but then I guess a lot of those groups have to deal with filtering out ass holes, whereas mine is fortunate to not attract many that guys.
>>
>>44330847

Not judging at all yet, but #1-3 beg an explanation.

Especially number 3.

Pls.
>>
>>44330875
1. I've met dozens of belgians and every single one of them have been total chodes. Don't want to waste my time.
2. 90% of Finns come to the table too drunk to function. It's happened 6 times already where I've had a Finn pass out at the table.
3. I don't like people who wear sandals.
>>
>>44330856
>Groups with high standards for new players come across as cuntish and pretentious to me, but then I guess a lot of those groups have to deal with filtering out ass holes, whereas mine is fortunate to not attract many that guys.
Yes exactly. We're somewhat cultish cunts, I'd be the first to admit that. It is not something that would work for many others or even should be done. It does however work for us and provides us with the comforts we need. For one, we've never had to kick out anyone and never ran into issues such as folks not leaving politics/RL morals at the door.

I'm curious though, is an interview before a player starts playing really that weird? I've seen it with other groups, but /tg/ seems to treat it like a big offence against human decency. Not judging, just wondering.
>>
File: zoidberg.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
>>44330963
>3. I don't like people who wear sandals.
>>
>>44325877
First of all you made the right choice putting the game before her, but you made a mistake promising she could come along. But alas, a man's gotta keep his promises, so warn your group in advance and probably apologise for not talking to them first.

Also remember that while it'll be great if she can play and everything'll roll smoothly, women are the death of men's social groups, let alone dnd ones. As soon as any red flags pop up you've gotta be prepared to ask her to bow out, whether those flags are your mates competing for her attention, her not giving a shit about the game or even you ignoring your mates in favour of her
>>
>>44315650
only for one player, and it's more for his benefit than ours.
>>
Honestly, we give everyone a chance.

A problem player is a problem player, regardless, but obviously when it's the significant other of one of your friends it can make things awkward.

We're quite lucky, most people will take any criticism like that fairly, we can be honest about it without developing grudges, and thankfully it's rarely been an issue, because we a bunch of forever alone losers and we're actually absolutely OK with that. Even the token girl.
>>
>>44321622

He's not Anthony Burch.
>>
>>44315650
I wish. A friend's girlfriend attends and I feel she only does it as a favor to him. It's annoying to have someone so disinterested and ignorant around.
>>
>>44331007
>I'm curious though, is an interview before a player starts playing really that weird?

Yes, but its understandable. Hanging out beforehand is totally normal though, but a formal interview just smacks of that superserious Mario smash club whose introductory email gets posted here do time to time.
>>
>>44329324
Nonsense, cute girls only get hit by trucks.
>>
>>44330700
Epic blog desu baka senpai
>>
>>44330610
Nah, she actually makes 3x my income and supports my hobbies and what not. She's an amazing person; kind, loving, etc but she just can't understand RPGs. We get along extremely well, so long as it's not /tg/ related
>>
>>44330847
>1 and 2
I can understand that, you don't get along with certain cultures. I can't stand playing with indians for example because smell, rudenes and lack of understanding english
>3
This is a little weirder. I get you don't like sandal wearers. What about thongs? (or flipflops for you americlaps)
>4.
Completely agree. If i'm hosting no smoking inside because agreement
>5.
Understandable
>>
>>44315650
My group's only rule is that you have to be ok with basically everything because I and the other guy who GMs give full freedom to the players so shit like rape, self-fucking, and other nasty things are bound to happen during a campaing.
>>
>>44330847
Rules 1,3,4 and 5 are completely understandable. While Finns may get drunk, I've always found their innate and genetic banter to outweigh that negative though.
>>
>>44331229
>Yes, but its understandable. Hanging out beforehand is totally normal though, but a formal interview just smacks of that superserious Mario smash club whose introductory email gets posted here do time to time.
Oh it's by no means that formal even if the writeup might've suggested that. It's basically just
>hey I'm the GM, what kinda things do you enjoy, nice to have you let's watch a movie/talk about your chatacter/get piss drunk
>>
No, mostly because it is a community group which has people who come and go all the time, but there is no rule among regulars aside from don't be a dick.
>>
>>44321879
He got an A if I remember correctly
>>
>>44330706
>she
>>
>>44331060
>>44326646
Thanks anons, solid advice. I'll run it by the DM and see what he says. Our cleric is moving away and will only be able to sometimes Skype us so perhaps she can fill in. A lot could go wrong though
>>
>>44328963
4chan is 12 years old. People who started shitposting here in their teens are grown ass adults with families and jobs. It shouldn't be surprising that there's a silent majority of normal people here.
>>
>>44331648
Yeah, which is why you don't promise this sort of thing without talking it all over first, but what's done is done. So long as you make sure to nip any problems in the bud it should be fine though, you've just gotta keep an eagle eye out and try to be objective when you think about whether she should be in the group or not
>>
File: 1381940949557.jpg (36 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1381940949557.jpg
36 KB, 320x240
>>44331655
Oh, no, I believe it
I'm just really jealous of them is all
>>
File: 1448808506871.jpg (69 KB, 736x1142) Image search: [Google]
1448808506871.jpg
69 KB, 736x1142
>>44317050
dude probably should've canceled gaming that night. You gotta be there for your GF when shit happens
>>
>>44332017

> jealous of being a cccuck with little time for gaming and little Christians to care for

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>44332344
What? No
I'm jealous of all the Anons ITT who have wifes they can play /tg/ with
>>
File: 1450634889816.png (411 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450634889816.png
411 KB, 640x480
I wish it did. One long time player brought his "girlfriend" (A 28 years old woman he met online who has 2 kids not with him) and it's the worst thing.

I'm too late and tired to post greentext stories about it, but I'm considering dropping out because I seriously cannot handle what an attention and emotional siphon she is and to see how castrated he acts around her.
>>
>>44332514

Yeah, and most of them have children too. Thank God i got snipped. My gf has no clue.....
>>
>>44315650
No but probably we will soon institute that, one of my players asked if his gf could join and I knowing her this is not going to end well, in my life I have rarely seen a person that raises so much "That Guy/ Girl" flags on the psychological and behavioural aspects.
>>
>>44332344
yeah fuck those guys with their disposable income and control over their lives! I bet they even have children who they love and a proud of.

cucks
>>
>>44334434

> disposable income
> children

The two are literally inversely proportional.
>>
>>44334486
sucks to be poor
>>
>>44334486
Please tell me you're joking? Sure it's not as much as I would have, but I never have to sacrifice what I want.

Sucks to be poor dude
>>
>>44318927
He's dating one and two are dating each other. That was hard to figure out.
>>
>>44329239
Polygamist please take your fake relationships and go.
>>
>>44334434
Not that guy, but what makes you think the "non-normal" posters don't have disposable income or control over their lives? I'm a pretty shut-in sort of person, and I don't have children, but I have a stable job, don't lack for disposable income, and have control over my life.
>>
>>44334514

Yeah it does, but I'm not because I don't have two little shits eating up my time and money.
>>
>>44329239
Are you that faggot who keeps spamming polygamy threads on /his/?
>>
>>44315650
No, it's actually just the two couples now, the two of us and the two of them, that makes up the whole group.
>>
>>44329239
You give us a bad name, anon. Peace and love, sibling. No need to spew virtiol at those content with settling for less.
>>
>>44329239
BIG BLACK PRIVILEGE

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT BITCH
>>
>>44315650
Yes
>>
>>44315650
No, because we're not 13.

2/5 players in my group got into roleplaying games because of their girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse and lots of others I've played with too. It's really the best way to spread gaming to new people.
>>
I haven't played in person in forever because my friends are flaky shits

But in all seriousness it would only be a problem if A) they invited them to a game I was hosting/gming without asking me first. Or B) They are not actually genuinely interested in playing. I am fine with newbies, but I don't want anyone at my table who is only there because their SO begged them to come/they have some weird control issues where their SO can't have their own fun.
>>
>>44316668
Being married doesn't mean 100% match anon, it means 'hey, I can go my whole life around you and with a bit of effort refrain from strangling you.' What you've got sounds good, don't fucking worry about how free time is spent. It's important to have personal time anyway.
>>
I take it on a case by base basis. With my current group 75% percent of Girlfriends who have joined have been lumps who take up table space - one of which was my own.

However at this point one of my best players has had his Girlfriend playing with us for quite some time. She was a new player so it took her quite some time to get the rules down (say what you want about 3.pf but we can all agree that it is a complex system with a steep learning curve for new players). But now she is a staple of the group, has graduated from sneaking around in the back of the group as a rogue to being on the front line as a magus. I'm proud to be her first DM in what may very well be a long career in table tops for her.
>>
>>44315650
It's no problem so long as people can keep their love life and their game life separate. It's only really a problem when one partner has the other by the balls/tits and pussywhips / dickwhips them.
>>
>>44316313
Wait a sec.

If your ex prioritises phone-facebook over spending time with you, she's NOT mommy material.
>>
>>44329417
Feed him, fuck him, and act like whatever he says is interesting and intelligent. If he willingly blows your charade and feelsbadman.frogs himself then it's his problem.
>>
>>44317050
This would be the time when I steal something that looks valuable from both parties, and hide it in the backyard somewhere. They'll be somadbro at each other over it.
>>
>>44318208
I'm a sperg, I can try to sperg out if you'd like.
>>
>>44330235
>Sounds more like you're inducting someone into a cult than a gaming group.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, anon. Even if their glass house is an ocean of piss. ... .... the joke is that 4chan's a cult lol
>>
>>44315650
No.
>>
>>44321513
If you stay inside, beer is unnecessary.
>>
>>44321594
>online
Uh oh!
>d20
WARNING!

Also, there is no way you can resolve the issue going through W. You will have to resolve the issue via R. There really isn't a cure for pussywhip, bro.
>>
File: m'kampf.jpg (65 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
m'kampf.jpg
65 KB, 500x435
>>44321622
>>He has to be the most well chronicled individual in human history
?
>>
>>44321624
>No, but we have a "no OOC drama at the table" rule.
Good rule. I will steal.
>>
>>44330706
>she

No.
>>
>>44339697
d20 =/= Roll20
>>
>>44315650
That's unnecessary. Two of the players have been dating for 5 years, another one of the players is the DM's ex and I have an affair with the last one (nobody knows that trough).
>>
>>44331197
underrated post
>>
>>44340163
I refurse to acknoledge that as a man, tho'
>>
>>44315650
How old is Chris-Chan now anyway? He should be in his mid 30s by now, shouldn't he?
>>
>>44341300
Don't know.

Last time I checked, he was arrested after he was arrested for macing an employee who asked him to stop vandalizing a poster/cutout.

There's video somewhere, IIRC.
>>
>>44341300
>>44341456
33 years old
>>
>>44331548
>>44340163
>transphobia leaking from /pol/
>>
>>44341990
Chris-chan is not fucking trans. He's a retarded, autistic sperg who was told by some troll that since girls like to hang around other girls, he should pretend to be a girl and this is the result.

In fact, I seem to recall hearing that he pierced his taint "because that's what girls do" and since he did it himself (because you could not pay anyone enough money to go near him as it is) it keeps getting infected.
>>
>>44315650
No. I have a "No Distraction" rule. If you get routinely distracted while in-session, I will either separate you from your distraction or ask you to take your distraction and leave.

If that's a phone, computer, or significant other I don't particularly discriminate. Anything that detracts from game flow is to be removed.
>>
>>44315650
Truly this man is the window into hell
>>
>>44315650
No
>don't need one
>>
>>44342478
>trannier than thou
>>
>>44342478
He got that removed after the second infection, probably the only time he listened to someone offering him advice. Saved his life, too.
>>
File: Brethren-before-wenches.jpg (110 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
Brethren-before-wenches.jpg
110 KB, 600x406
>>44325877
>>
>>44342531
Not even trans. I just object to the idea of anyone defending Chris-chan. Not even the most hardcore tumblrina could look at him and honestly defend his life choices.
>>
>>44329238
Dude, my only measurement of a bad game is one where you aren't having fun. See the "What the fuck is a yellow dragon" crop for a shitty game that is good.

But if the people are shitty, then fuck it. Ain't no fixing that shit, and I'm not interested in stringing out passive aggressive drama.

You can be a furry, or a faggot, or a Tumblr TERF Steven Universe fan boy and I won't give a shit so long as you're reasonable at the table and working together to have fun with people.

That's why I had the rest of the post there. Because 90% of the time the solution is to just talk to people reasonably about what you and them want out of the game, and 10% of the time the right answer is to walk away. Just as they aren't entitled to forcing you to play they way they want to, you aren't entitled to them having to do it your way either and sometimes you're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Or you can call me an elitist, but really I just have other interests in my life so it isn't the end of the fucking world if I have to wait to find a good game.
>>
>>44342722
>I just object to the idea of anyone defending Chris-chan.
"Chris-chan isn't as bad as Hitler."
Object to that, anti-semite.
>>
>>44342903
Hitler had a stable job and a lot of people liked him as an individual.
>>
My table has the following rules.

You can't bring your significant other.
You can't browse social media at the table.
You must take any emergency phone calls outside.
You must clean up after your own snacks.
No furries.
No trannies.
No politics.
>>
>>44342943
>>>/pol/
>>
>>44342943
This.

He was also a decorated war hero and was in a long term stable relationship and had children.

He was also better at art than Chris-Chan
>>
>>44342954
are you people even friends? It sounds like rules for meeting up to plan a bank heist
>>
>>44343089
If they were my friends, I wouldn't need to make rules.
>>
>>44325877
How about you make a one shot for her before the you introduce her to you friends?
This way she can at least see if RPG is something for her.
>>
>>44316513

>Not having the exact same hobbies and tastes makes you incompatible

Only if you are a manchild.
>>
>>44315650
No, because only autists enforce this kind of rules.
>>
>>44343007
Look, if you're going to ignore the fact that the man, Adolf Hitler, had interests besides starting global scale wars and genocide then you should get off 4chan.

He was a dictator, a murderer, and a warmonger, yes, and he deserved everything that was coming to him. But he was no more or less a real human bean than you or me.
>>
>>44315650
No. There are actualy two couples and both are as active as the rest of the members of the group.
>>
>>44326616

Wanting to play is fine. Being brought in when they have no actual interest is not okay.
>>
>>44345931
>literally defends Hitler with "he was a real human bean"
>>
>>44347323
If you want to argue he was a godsend angel, Satan, reptilian or old god, go ahead.

Other than that he was just a schmuck that was good at speeches but pretty bad in most other things
>>
>>44315650
No, but we still never have them.
>>
No, but we're making one with the start of the new year.

My BF got me into tabletop, and he does most of the DMing - but I'm the only one who seems to worry about favoritism. So I guess he's fair.

The issue though, is that our group has gotten too big. We have a DC/Marvel superhero and a DnD3.5 game going on with 10 people a piece.
A combination of shitty players (like a druid who doesn't know his damn spells and takes 30 min to dictate actions), and people bringing friends/fucksticks/cumdumpsters over every so often (bumping the groups up to a dozen people), have fucked over our games.

Example:
>A Pally 3.5 with fudgery
>Group finds remains of vampires and adventures
>They killed each other long ago
>Find staff in remains
>Got told it looks like a Religious symbol, make roll.
>Get a decent roll, get the DM's attention 3 times and tell him the roll.
>30 min of character-dm interactions while people pass the stick around and get insulted by its spirit.
>Metagaming over what the stick is and who should have it - people talking over people and dictating inane actions
>An hour later
>"Guys, I think Anon is passing out, we should call game"
>lolnope
>"I'm not tired, just waiting on the results of that religion roll."
>"Which one?"
>"The stick, but don't worry about it. It obviously doesn't matter now."
>DM spouts bullshit, didn't even confirm what I rolled for it.
>More metagaming and cross talk about a person's dungeoneering roll.
>>
>>44347417
>was good at speeches
No he wasn't.
>>
>>44343110
damn man that's sad
>>
>>44321879
Holy shit, I graduated from the same highschool as Chris-chan.....
>>
>>44315650
Mostly. It's not so bad if they're past the initial fawning that some people go through. That shit can get annoying though. It just very clearly distracts from the game. Established couples are much better. They pretty much just shut up and play.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.