[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Days Quest Episode 85
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25
File: DOG.DAYS.OP.2.jpg (2 MB, 2514x3296) Image search: [Google]
DOG.DAYS.OP.2.jpg
2 MB, 2514x3296
You peek your head out into the streets as the winged beast takes off. The monster's shadow hangs over the castle as if it's trying to fight the sun.

The noise quiets down, and the silouette of the creature is no where to be found.
"Jack!?" you uneasily yell out into the streets. Last you saw, he freed Yuuki and practically threw her at you.
"Jack?" You yell once more. The echo reaches your ears, and fills you with dread.

Oh shit, you don't see Jack.

You are Cody Remington. Charming scoundrel, fastest gun in the west, and soon you're gonna hang a dragon's head on your wall. You might have to remove a few sets of deer antlers, but you'll make it fit one way or another.

Hopefully, you don't have to mount that head at Jack's grave. You have no idea where he went off to. You can only hope he's hiding.

"Where's Jack?" Yuuki tries to push past you, but you quietly push her back inside of the guard post.

"He's.. going around, in another direction. We'll catch up with 'em later." You don't like lying, especially to the one other person who has your back on this expedition.
At the same time, you realize that lie was more for yourself than it was for her.

There's a rumbling in the air, the monster is coming back.
"Quick!" You push your way through the guardhouse. The build itself is a miniature fortress, but even stone can't stop the steely claws of a giant, pissed off salamander.
You snatch Louise up into your arms and lead Yuuki by the hand deeper into the lower levels of the complex. Sand and dust falls from the ceiling as you reach the lowest level.

Everything down here is a wreck, tables turned, chairs thrown, and a bare spot made clear in the center of the room. It's a trap door, recently thrown open.

>Down that hatch, everyone
>Hold it, let's just wait here, we may be safer.
>Tell everyone to wait, you're going back up to the streets to look for Jack.
>Go down the trap door first, scout ahead.
>Other?
>>
>>44308941
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/jCGAA6J2
Archive:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=dog%20days%20quest
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Announcer_QM
>>
>>44308941
>>Down that hatch, everyone

>You might have to remove a few sets of deer antlers, but you'll make it fit one way or another.

A man after my own heart
>>
>>44308941
>>
Oh sweet, I'm in time for fluffy tails!
Been a while since I managed to be here from the start.
>>
>>44309088
Oh and go down the hatch.
This place could stop the dragon before, right?
>>
>>44308941
>>
>>44308941
Calling it now, when they finally make it to Jack, the first thing they see is him with the shiny dragongirl tail in hand.
>>
So that's consensus reached.

>>44309183
Yes please.
>>
>Down the hatch, everyone!

Writing!
>>
File: touch fluffy tail.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
touch fluffy tail.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
The correct decision is always to touch the fluffy tail.
>>
>>44310004
>What are you doing

Is that some kind of rhetorical question?
>>
File: touch fluffytail gif.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
touch fluffytail gif.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>44310099
I touch fluffy tails, therefore I am.
>>
File: Cody1.png (23 KB, 299x285) Image search: [Google]
Cody1.png
23 KB, 299x285
"Everyone in!" You yell as another slam happens to strike the guard tower with a thud.

Dust and loose pebbles rain down from above as you gently hand Louise to Yuuki. You leap down the ladder and signal for her to come down once you touch loose gravel at the bottom of the ladder.
Yuuki precariously balances Louise on her back as she slides down the ladder. You take Louise from her as she reaches the bottom.

Silence.

But, surprisingly, you're unharmed. The guard post above hasn't collapsed, and-

"Why is this place so well-lit?" Yuuki asks before you can even think it.

"I'unno." You lean against the wall. "Didn't expect proper lighting in a cellar."

"Wow!" Louise exclaims, examining one of the intricate lamps. "Look! I can change its color! These are better than the lamps at home!"

She turns a knob on the side of the fixture. It fades to orange, then blue, and then to red.

"Louise, you're just turning the temperature up and down." Yuuki pats her head.
"She's right, though." You tap the side of the lamp. "These are better than any lamp I've ever owned, and there are dozens of them. They line a hallway that seems to stretch a long way in both directions.

"Now what?" Yuuki leans against the wall. It seems to creak uneasily at her weight.

>Yuuki, step aside, I think you're leaning against a door.
>To the right, it looks more well-lit.
>To the left, am I hearing voices?
>Other?
>>
>>44310588
>To the left, am I hearing voices?
>>
>>44310588
modern tech?
>>
>>44310588
>>
>>44310588
>>
So we're checking where Yuuki is leaning now, right Announcer?
>>
>Yuuki, step aside, I think you're leaning against a door

WRiting, apologies for slowness
>>
>>44311272
Hope you're doing ok.
>>
>>44311304
I'm feeling better, no worry!

>>44311232
That's correct.

>Next post almost done.
>>
File: Akiko1.png (619 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
Akiko1.png
619 KB, 848x1200
"Yuuki, step aside."

She seems confused for a moment, but slowly moves away from the wall.
You walk over to the place she was leaning, and press on the bare spot.

It creaks once again.
"I think this is a door."

Yuuki examines the spot she was once against. Each push slowly creeks some kind of hidden door more and more.

Louise is completely ignoring you. Instead, she keeps playing with the lamp.

Your hand runs along the outside frame of the clearly-hollow panel. There has to be some kind of knob that can open it up.
"Maybe it's barred from the other side?"

"Nah, look, the center is perfectly hollow. We can almost push it open."
"Maybe.. You need to say some kind of magic words to it?"

Your head turns to Yuuki. "Now how does that make any sense?"

She searches for an answer, but can only replies with a series of 'um' and 'uh'.

"EEK!" Louise squeaks, you turn around and watch as the lamp fixture bends downward.

"Told ya not to play with it, now you've- huh?"

There's another creaking, and the door slowly slides open.

Yuuki and yourself stand in shock, mouths agape.

"Wow!" Louise proudly strides into the hidden hallway behind the brickwork. "I didn't know our castle had that! I want one for my room!"

"Uhhh."
"Um."

Yuuki and you uneasily follow Louise into the revealed passage. The passage seems to wind and bend, the sounds of the dragon far above you seem to dim in comparison. The passage comes to a peculiar crossroad.

A vault stands before you. It's been thrown open, and behind it you can see what seems to be a river of gold.

Speaking of gold, there's something with gold fur sitting in front of it. It leans lazily against another thing with brown fur.

"Uuughh." Camille lazily stretches her arms. "Oh, hi. Do you have any food?"
"Or something to drink?" Akiko rolls over, fluffing her tail as she does so.

>"What the hell are you two doing down there?"
>Grab tails, make sure they're safe.
>"Yeah, sure."
>"What's in it for me?"
>Other?
>>
>>44312003
>>
>>44312003
>>
>>"What the hell are you two doing down there?"
>>Grab tails, make sure they're safe.
>>
>>44312003
>>
>>44312003
>>"What the hell are you two doing down there?"
>>

Writing!
>>
Well, while we're waiting... anyone care to discuss what they think should be done with the dragon?
>>
File: camille_4.jpg (306 KB, 550x701) Image search: [Google]
camille_4.jpg
306 KB, 550x701
You glance to Camille.
Then to Akiko.

You don't know Akiko very well. You just know that she's Atsuko's sister, and that's about it.
But you do know Camille, more than most people, and you know that she wouldn't be down here unless there was something in it for her.
You're not sure what kind of fee is enough to face a dragon, in her book.

"Akiko, Camile." You stand over them. "What the hell are you two doing down here?"

"Oh, heya Cody." Camille wearily puts her arm up to you. "Got anything to eat?"
"Or drink." Akiko parrots one more time.

"You two, I outta."
That's when your hand wraps around Camille and Akiko's tail. They wriggle lightly in your grasp as Akiko slaps your hand away.

"Stop that, food, drink, now." Akiko grabs her fluffy, blonde tail and holds it close.
"Your wife wouldn't like it if she knew you were still chasing tails, especially if she found out you were chasing my tail again." Camille winks.

A chill runs up your spine.

"First, she's my fiancée, second; don't talk about that, okay? It was just-"
"I know! I know!" Camille laughs.

That's when she grabs you by the collar, "But seriously, give me food."
"And drink."

You take the small pack of rations strapped around your waist off, and offer it to the two fox-girls.
"So," you continue, trying to steer the conversation back to your inquiry. "What are you two doing down here?"
"Oh, yeah. We were hired to get rid of a Dragon, but it was a lot bigger than I thought it was."
"Then we found this huge vault full of gold. I can't think of how to get it back without the dragon noticing, so we decided to sleep on it."

"You two are irresponsible."
"You're one to talk."

Yuuki doesn't seem too interested in the scene unfolding before her. Instead seems to be questioning you more.

"Cody." Yuuki's voice is flat. "What does she mean by 'chasing her tail again'?"

>"Nothin'"
>"That's personal."
>"So, what was your plan to beat that dragon?"
>"Have you seen Jack?"
>Other?
>>
>>44313276
>>"So, what was your plan to beat that dragon?"
>>"Have you seen Jack?"
>>
>>44313199
We somehow have to find a way to let her be free and not have papa dragon completely ruin Catland.

The question, is what can Jack do?

>>44313276
>"Have you seen Jack?"
Not like he be crazy enough to go for dragon tail, right?
>>
>>44313351
>>44313199
considering this is dog days, we could try just going and talking with him.
>>
>>44313199
talk to the father, i guess
and probably get a room in a less shitty country for the daughter(s)

>>44313276
>"Nothin'"
>>
>>44313276
>"Nothin'"
>"Have you seen Jack?"
>>
>"Nothin'"
>"Have you seen Jack?"
>>
Forgot to add: Writing!
>>
>>44313408
Well, the daughter thought that'd be an invitation to a massive battle... but I suppose that's the best choice available to us.
>>
File: Camille.jpg (452 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
Camille.jpg
452 KB, 724x1024
You turn to glare at Yuuki, you're hoping to remain composed enough to where this doesn't come off as being suspicious.
"It's nothin'." You say, with a smile. "Nothin' you need to worry about."

"This sounds like EXACTLY what I need to worry about." Yuuki clenches her fists. "What's between you and Camille?"

"So, have either of you seen Jack? We got separated." You look toward Akiko. Behind you, Yuuki's eyes are burrowing into the back of your head.

"Nah." Camille bites into a big lump of dried jerky.
Akiko drinks your canteen. "If we'd have seen him, we wouldn't have spent all night thinking of pairings for him."

"Pairings?"

NO, LOUISE! DON'T ASK!

Too late, Camille already has that look on her face. That 'oh ho' look which signals her weird scheming again.

"Well, since you asked." She smiles mischievously, "We were up all night talking about ways to push Jack into tying the knot."
Yuuki only makes things worse, "..And why are you doing that?"

"Because! Then everyone can just marry him and all will be happy, right?"
"I don't, see how-"

Yuuki, stop.

"You're part of that plan, too! Don't you want to marry Jack and be happy? You and three other girls want that right now. If you listen to me, I can make that happen!"
".. How? He can only have one wife."

YUUKI, STOP!

Camille smirks. "You didn't know? He's a hero. He can take as many wives as he wants. I read it in a book of Biscotti customs."
"Really? Like, anyone?"
"Sure!"

"H-hey." You try to steer this conversation. "You didn't really stay up all night talking about this while a dragon was overhead, did you?"

"Well I had to occupy myself. I'm not leaving until I figure out a way to get some of this gold out of here."

Behind her, mountains of golden pieces shimmer in the lamplight.

>You're not getting out of here unless you let it go.
>Okay, never mind. Keep scheming.
>So what was your plan?
>Here's a plan, follow us and help us find a way to the castle center.
>Other?
>>
>>44314930
>>
>>44314930
>Go for their tails again
>>
>>44314930
>>Here's a plan, follow us and help us find a way to the castle center.
>Grab tails
They shipped for an entire night.....
>>
>>44314930
>Other?
"Well, if we find Jack, I betcha he be game about that gold there. If he ain't busy grabbing a tail that be, eh?"
>>
>>44315098
Stop, your attempt at southern/western speak hurts my poor good ol'boy heart.
>>
Poor lucky Jack. He's gonna be covered in tails n scales.
>>
>>Here's a plan, follow us and help us find a way to the castle center.
>Grab tails

Writing!
>>
>>44315410
So many girls want Jack in this world. I wonder if he was this good with the ladies back on earth.

Wonder what the final wife count would end up being by quest end.
>>
>>44315540
Considering he was a pirate and not even a captain, he probably wasn't too amazing with them.
>>
File: Yuuki.jpg (647 KB, 941x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki.jpg
647 KB, 941x1000
"Hey, listen. We're gonna break that dragon, and we'll need help. So instead of sittin' here and gossiping; you should come with us and lend a hand. You up to it?"

"Sure!" Akiko happily hops up. "It beats sitting here thinking of how to get the gold out."
"Hmph." Camille crosses her arms. "Only if I get to come back."
"Hey, that's up to you. I'm just here to stop that dragon."

"It's a deal, then!"
"Right! A deal! But-"

Camille steps closer, "-But when we're done, you're gonna use your hero strength and help me carry this gold. Won't you?"

You don't like her suggesting that. It's not her gold, it's not your gold. If anyone should be taking it out of here, it's Louise.
That's when you grab her tail.

"..Tch, so that's a no, then?" She sulks, her silky brown tail flinches in your grasp.
"Hey! We worked hard for this, and we're helping you! The least you can do is help-"

That's when you grab Akiko's tail.
"EEK! STOP STOP!"
"Look at Micah here." You really wish Camille wouldn't use your real name. "Acting like he's not interested in all that gold, too."

"I don't need gold, Camille. I got everything I want."

Your group heads back down the way you came. You decide to head toward the way that is in the general direction of the town square. There's a good chance you can find a way to the surface if you keep following this path.

That's what you want to tell yourself. It's hard to concentrate with those two girls at the back filling Yuuki's mind with impure ideas.

"-And then, you just give him the ring, with Madeleine!" Camille nudges Yuuki. "That's how you become his wife!"
"I don't like this idea."

"Come on! It'll be-"

"Camille." You say, sternness in your voice. "Is this really how you occupy your time?"
"Well, that's how I occupy myself when you're not around." She smirks.

Yuuki is glaring daggers, once more.

>I said, don't talk about that.
>Change the subject
>Feign sneezing
>Come clean to Yuuki
>Shh, did you hear that?
>Other?
>>
>>44315943
>Wonder why Jack gets all the tails.
>>
>>44315943
>>Shh, did you hear that?
Come forth convenient entity so that you may end this awkwardness!
>>
>>44315943
>Shh, did you hear that?
>>
>>44315943
>>
>>44315943
>Shh, did you hear that?

>>44316013
>Remember that you're squirrelgirl 'fiancé' is a literal nutcase
>>
Good answers!

>Wonder why Jack gets all the tails.
>Remember that you're squirrelgirl 'fiancé' is a literal nutcase
>Shh, did you hear that!?

Writing!
>>
>>44315943
>>Try not to think of your insane fiance
>>
>>44316346
Also a good answer!
>>
>>44316346
I think the sad part is that Cody has accepted her as his fiance realizing he can never escape from the madness.
>>
File: 78c.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
78c.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>44316410
The ride never ends
>>
>>44316410
The only way out is to make it out of the no-kill barrier and let himself be killed.
>>
>>44316563
He must be quite jealous of Jack and his possible big family of fluffy and scaly tails and uh...whatever Yuki has.
>>
>>44316625
>whatever Yuki has.
A great ass, I assume.
>>
>>44316658
I think she has a great pair of tits too. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>44316658
And a very large polearm.
>>
>>44316790
And the best luck of any hero in this quest (dice wise, anyway)
>>
>>44316728
She got stuck in the same door twice
>>
>>44316881
Right. So a nice pair of Yukis
>>
File: imprisoned_girl.jpg (265 KB, 612x700) Image search: [Google]
imprisoned_girl.jpg
265 KB, 612x700
You don't like Camille teasing you about that. It was something you felt was private between the two of you.
"Yuuki, it's fine. Really."

She sighs, but you don't feel like it's really fine.

The whole thing reminds you of one thing that you don't like to admit.

At one time, you viewed him as a kind of rival. Someone you would strive to be competitive with on the field of battle, and maybe even the field of love.
That's when you remember your 'fiancée'. The one that's not technically engaged to you. Yeah, that war has already been fought and lost. You don't mind Amaretti, but at the same time you wish you had the level of freedom that Jack has.

He has four girls lining up to marry him.

Should you envy Jack? Should you feel disgusted? You don't know. You'd rather not think about it except when you have moments of weakness.
You just wish Camille would stop bringing it up when you do.

You also wish Camille would stop staring at the expression on your face with bemusement.
"C'mon Cody, you can't expect to live like a thousand years and not-"

"SHH!"

Everyone freezes.
In the distance; you hear what you think to be chains clattering.

Your pace quickens.

Slowly, the hallway expands in size as you walk.
It eventually leads you to what you assume to be some kind of living quarters. The door of which is covered with a chain barrier.

"Dad? Is that you?" A mysterious voice calls out from the shadows.

Something inside the room scurries as you approach.
"Hello!?" You call out. Something small slowly moves out of the shadows.

It's a girl, one that seems to be clutching some kind of blanket around her as clothing. Her black hair is so voluminous that it nearly touches the floor.

She gasps upon seeing you, and disappears into the shadows.

"Wait! Come back!" Yuuki reaches through the chain, but he's already scurried away.

Great, you must have found Gallete's creepy dungeon or something. This is going to be hell explaining to Louise.

>Thread End.
>>
File: 1408684973153.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1408684973153.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Thanks for the thread everyone!

IF the thread lasts overnight, we'll pick up here when I wake up. If we can't, I'll just make a new thread tomorrow. I'm not sure who we're going to pick back up with, but I think everyone would like some answers to what just happened. So we'll see.

Thanks for everyone who participated. Let me know what you thought.
>>
>>44317317
thanks for running

interesting to see more of Cody's past
>>
>>44317317
Thanks for running man. Poor Cody, I kinda feel bad for the guy now.
>>
>>44317317
Thanks for running boss, I'll keep it bumped as long as I can
>>
>>44317317
thanks for running
i'll probably still be here
>>
>>44317317
Thanks for the run.

Honestly feel bad for our bro Cody. I kinda hope he can find a way out of his situation.
>>
>>44317424
Squirrel will be his main wife and others can be secondary wives.
>>
>>44317552
>Implying the Squirrel will actually share.
Isn't she a yandere or something?
>>
>>44317581
Little bit at least. We haven't seen how she reacts to outright rejection or other waifu crimes.
>>
>>44317424
To be fair, squirrel tails have to be ridiculously fluffy, so it's not all bad.

>>44317581
Yeah, she's unlikely to want to share.
>>
>>44322489
>To be fair, squirrel tails have to be ridiculously fluffy, so it's not all bad.
To me, that tail is not worth enough to stay with a yandere
>>
>>44323045
there's nothing wrong with yanderes
even more, as they break silly borders like sanity and morale, they're fully in the right
>>
>>44323074

yandere are the worst
>>
>>44323095
It's a matter of taste, of course. The issue is it's not really to Cody's tastes.
>>
Personally I like yanderes.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 375x305
>>44323701
>>
>>44323897
What?
They're nice, supreme devoation and everything.
As they say, yandere is best dere.
>>
We live!

Thread will be resuming shortly!
>>
>>44325391
Hooray!
>>
>>44325391
Sweet!
>>
So we're going to follow the one running away, right?
>>
>>44324372
Except for the part where the Yan makes them drive away or kill any friends that happen to be also female.
>>
File: imprisoned_girl2.png (913 KB, 600x842) Image search: [Google]
imprisoned_girl2.png
913 KB, 600x842
Yuuki reaches her hand through the bars one more time, trying to beckon whatever is hiding in the shadows.
You helpfully remind her that's a good way to lose an arm if she's not the only thing hiding in there, and she quickly backs off the chain door.

The sight of a very fluffy, and very naked cat-eared black-haired young girl scurrying around inside of what can only be described as a prison cell raises some questions.
Not for you, but for Louise.

"Hey, why is that girl in there?" She asks the one question you were hoping that she wouldn't.
"She, Uh-"

"We don't know yet, if we can get her to talk with us, maybe we can find out." Yuuki says, with the save.

"Oohh." Louise seems oddly interested, now.
She walks over to the chain enclosure and rattles it very loudly.

"HEY! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING INSIDE MY CASTLE!?"
"Shh!"
"Louise! Stop!"

"Why? This is MY CASTLE! I demand to know who she is!"

"Go away!" A voice sounds from within.
"You 'Go away'! I want to know what your name is, tell me your name, tell me your name, tell me your name!" Louise shouts back.

"Louise! Behave!" Yuuki walks over and grabs her shoulder.

Suddenly, there's movement in the shadows.
With an almost sultry dragging sound, the girl emerges. The sliding is of her own hair dragging behind her, along with the blanket she's using as clothing.

"Who are you?" Louise asks once more, Yuuki restrains her lightly.

Silence.

"We can't help you if we don't know your name." Camille kneels down to the girl's eye level.

"..Esther."

"Good! Esther, and what else? What's your last name?"

"..Di Gallete."

"..Esther Di Gallete." Yuuki repeats one more time.
"That's not right! That's Charlotte's last name! She's being a liar!" Louise protests, causing the figure to slowly back into the shadows.

>What the fuck.
>I'm starting to think Jack was right, Catland sucks.
>No use arguing, free her and worry about it later.
>Leave her, you're not sure why she's here.
>Other?
>>
>>44327664
>>What the fuck.
>>I'm starting to think Jack was right, Catland sucks.

Fucking Catland
>>
>>44327664
>What the fuck.
>No use arguing, free her and worry about it later.
>>
>>44327664
>What the fuck.
It sure does.
>>
>>44327664
>>What the fuck.
>Other?
so why are you here.
>>
Let's not insult the cats when this girl could be a cat.
And also Louise is here, let's not say she's got a bad kingdom to be a hero of or anything like that.

>What the fuck
>Ask her why she's here. Try to be gentle and friendly.
>>
>>44327844
I almost feel like Jack's opinion of Catland is known to some degree by most who know him. But I get your point.
>>
>>44327664

>>44327844
She is a cat. More precisely she is the sister of the princess. Seems that she is down here so the throne is secured.
>>
>What the fuck.
>I'm starting to think Jack was right, Catland sucks.(Internally)
>Ask her why she's here. Try to be gentle and friendly.

Writing!
Good speculation, by the way!
>>
>>44328026
It would seem that way, seeing as she suspected that we were here father before seeing us.

Part of me thinks she's a twin and part of their backwards thinking is that the black hair to Charlotte's white makes her the "evil" twin.

Pure speculation, mind you.
>>
>>44327959
I imagine he doesn't openly talk to Louise much about how he dislikes the kingdom she's in charge of protecting.
>>
>>44327844
>>44327959
Let's be honest here, she's been locked down here for who knows how long. She probably thinks Catland sucks just as much as everybody else thinks.
>>
>>44328178
That sounds like just the right amount of stupid for Catland
>>
>>44328195
Oh, huh, seems I was ninja'd by Announcer who'll be writing, nevermind then.
>>
>>44328197
People can get weird in these situations.
>>
So glad this is taking place over 2 days.

>>44328178
Mm, maybe.
Or maybe they're only half siblings?
And thus one was locked up while the other got to rule?
>>
>>44327664
>>What the fuck.
>>
File: Louise_Fencer_2.jpg (67 KB, 380x590) Image search: [Google]
Louise_Fencer_2.jpg
67 KB, 380x590
"What the fuck." The thought just naturally comes to you, there's some part of you that wants to expound on that thought, and maybe make it a bit more kid-friendly.
At the same time, Akiko and Camille say swears from their own tongue.

"Seriously."
"That's what I was just thinking."

"W-w-w-w." Yuuki is shuddering, "Why does she have Charlotte's last name? Is it just a coincidence? Have you met this person before, Louise?!"
She shakes her head. "Nope! That's why she's a dirty liar!"

You're starting to understand something. It's a something that you really didn't understand in your talks with Jack about the place.
You really hate Catland.
This place is the worst.

You thought Jack was maybe overselling it at one point. Like maybe it was just a funny joke, and instead Catland just had some stuck-up royalty is all.

No, this exceeds your every expectation. There is really no words for this if it's even a fraction as bad as you currently think it may be.

No need to overreact, but that doesn't calm the bones in your body that want to go back and arrest a good chunk of Gallete right now.

You kneel down in front of the door, your group whispers among themselves their speculation and hypothesis. As well as try to keep Louise from having another outburst.

"Hey, are you in there?"

No response.
There's some shuffling in the darkness, and you can see the small outline of the girl. She's standing behind what you can only assume to be a chair.
"We're not here to hurt you, we just want to talk."

More shuffling, and soon you can see the tips of her feet in the lamplight.

"Why are you here? In there, I mean."
There's a pause that fills the room. No one dares speak lest they interrupt her answer.

"I live here." Is the only response given.

>You live HERE?
>No you don't, no no. This is a mistake.
>Not anymore, you're coming with us.
>Why here?
>For how long have you lived here?
>Do you have a sister?
>Anyone else in there?
>Other?
>>
>>44329255
>>Why here?
>>For how long have you lived here?
>>Do you have a sister?
>>Anyone else in there?
>>
>>44329255
>>Do you have a sister?
>>
>>44329255
>Why here?
>Anyone else in there?
>>
>>44329255
>Why here?
>Do you have a sister?

>Other?
"Do you want to leave?"
>>
>>44329255
>You live HERE?
>Why here?
>Anyone else in there?
>>
>>44329255
>>Why here?
>>Do you have a sister?
>>Anyone else in there?
>>
Good questions!

>Why here?
>Do you have a sister?
>Anyone else in there?

Writing!
>>
I'm honestly hoping next time Cody meets Jack he just looks home dead in the eye and says "Catland fucking sucks"
>>
File: Esther_shorthair.jpg (488 KB, 916x1300) Image search: [Google]
Esther_shorthair.jpg
488 KB, 916x1300
"You live here? Why here?"

The light isn't very strong, but it still allows you to look inward at the interior of her cell.
It's a spartan living quarters, but at the same time still equipped with all the furnishings you would expect from a princess bedroom. There's a dresser, a bed, a table with at least three chairs, even a lamp, and some clothes and decorations.

That's when you notice; two of those chairs at her table have dolls sitting in them. That's a level of sadness that you were not expecting to feel on this trip.

"I don't understand." You hear from the shadows. "Why do I live here? This is my house."

That's another level of sadness you were not expecting to hear.

"L-Let me rephrase that, why can't you go outside?"
"Why would I want to go outside? This is my house."

"How long have you lived in there?"
"I don't understand, I'm sorry."
"I mean, how long has this been your house?"

Complete silence. She squeaks as if she's about to answer, but then decides not to.

This is painful, you decide to try another approach.

"Is there.. anyone else in there?"
"No, just me."
"Has there ever been anyone else in there?"

Silence.
"I don't understand, why would someone else be in here? This is my house."

You want to stop right now, but you know for the fact you're the only one that will ask the pertient questions at this stage.

"Do you have a sister?"
"A what? Like.. Another girl, about my age? Why would there be someone else in my house?"

"No, I mean-" This is messed up, "I mean, like a sister. Someone who is your sibling. Does she have white hair?"

More silence, it's almost deafening.

"I think you should leave now, Dad might get mad if he finds you."

>"Your dad is an asshole."
>"Do you like living in there?"
>"Do you want to leave?"
>"You're coming with us whether you like it or not."
>"So, do you know a way to the castle center?"
>"Okay, Goodbye."
>Other?
>>
>>44330345
>"Do you want to leave?"
>>
>>44330345
Alright, so, what do we do, everyone?
>>
>>44330345
>"Your dad is an asshole."
>"Do you want to leave?"

There are so many reasons to hate Catland I can't even begin to list them all
>>
>>44330345
>I think I might want to -find- your dad. To talk him of course.
>>
>>44330398
Let's just go with the number one reason: It's Catland.
>>
>>44330345
>"Do you want to leave?"

>>44330398
Catland is literally hell, ain't it?
>>
>>44330345
>>"Your dad is an asshole."
>>"Do you like living in there?"
>>"Do you want to leave?"
>>
>>"Your dad is an asshole."
>>"Do you like living in there?"
>>"Do you want to leave?"
Writing!
>>
I can honestly say that Catlands only redeeming quality is that we met Madeline here
>>
>>44330970
Don't forget Louise. I feel bad she has to live there though.

Also, we could get a dragon tail, I mean girl, out of this trip. I hope.
>>
>>44330970
Louise and her catgirl friend are both associated with catland.
And that guy who helped get her the axe seemed decent enough.
>>
>>44331415
Honestly, the only cat I have liked so far was that sexy older cat woman who was the first of less than a handful of cats that said any kind of thanks. Who's tail we also rubbed.
>>
Catland sucks, period.
>>
File: Louise_Fencer_3.jpg (234 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
Louise_Fencer_3.jpg
234 KB, 500x583
One thing is for certain.
"Your dad is an asshole."

"A what?"

"Cody!" Yuuki scolds you.
"Come on, I HAD to say it. It's what we were all thinkin'!"

"I wasn't thinking that!"

"I was."
"I thought that before I even came here." Akiko smiles.

"Listen, I want you to think about this long and hard for a moment. Do you like living in there?"

She moves from her hiding spot in the shadows, and then approachines one of the chairs. Gently she sits down in it.
"I'm not really understanding these questions you're asking me, I'm sorry."
"Do you enjoy living inside of this cage?"

"Where else would I live?"
"Somewhere that's not a cage."
"Where would that be?"

"How about, I don't know, a castle?"
"I don't know what that is."

"You're inside of a castle, right now."
"Then why would I want to go live in one?"

This isn't getting anywhere.

"Listen, Do you want to leave? Maybe see the sun again?"
"Leave, and go where?"

"This is pointless, Cody. Let's just go."

>It feels wrong going off and leaving her like this.
>We have to do something.
>You're right, we'll talk about it with Charlotte when we're back at the castle.
>Louise, what do you think? This is YOUR castle, after all.
>Other?
>>
>>44332117
>>
>>44332117
>>It feels wrong going off and leaving her like this.
>>You're right, we'll talk about it with Charlotte when we're back at the castle.
>>
>>44332117
>>We have to do something.
>>
>>44332117
Alright, alright, how about we just drag her out of this place then?
>>
>>44332117
Also, I can't fully tell who said "let's just go", but thats a pretty dickish attitude. Shame on her.
>>
>>44332476
Probably camille.
>>
>>44332117
>Louise, what do you think? This is YOUR castle, after all.
>>

Food, then write.

>>44332476
Camille, but Akiko agrees with her.
>>
>dog days thread with 140 comments

what's wrong? Is someone forcing Announcer to continue by gunpoint?
>>
>>44332887
Two days in a row he's run now. Just using the same thread.
>>
>>44332887
>what's wrong? Is someone forcing Announcer to continue by gunpoint?
you tell any one and I will shot you next
>>
File: Hunter1.jpg (506 KB, 674x1280) Image search: [Google]
Hunter1.jpg
506 KB, 674x1280
"Hang on, hang on." You take a cigarette out of your pocket. With a flick of your wrist, you light it and bring it to your lips. "I can't just ride off and leave her in there. It just feels wrong."

"She doesn't even understand what 'outside' means, Cody. I'm not sure we have much of a choice." Camille sighs.
"Hang on! We can't just leave her. Cody's right!" Yuuki takes your side.

"Yuuki, Gallete probably has hundreds of prisoners. Want to go to their jail and see if any of them are little girls?" Akiko pats her shoulder.
"If Gallete is imprisoning little girls, then yeah!"

"Gallete definitely has some dirt. Biscotti probably has some too, if you dig deep enough."

"Camille, enough." You stop her.

You take a drag on your cigarette, "We need to decide what we're going to do with this one while we're here. I'll personally smuggle gold from that vault if you can get this girl out of here."

"Ohh! Why didn't you say so?" Akiko happily chirps.

She points to the chain door and taps Louise on the shoulder.
"Hey Louise, take down that big mean door."
"Okay?"

Everyone steps back as Louise barely edges the metallic webbing. It crumbles with a clatter, and the voice inside shrieks.
"W-W-W-hat are you doing?! This is my home! Don't come in!"
"No no! Relax!" Akiko leans down to her eye level. "I just came in to show you a trick!"

Akiko puts her palm outward, holding it up. Slowly, a purple ball of swirling mist appears in her hand.

"It's a present, come look!"

The girl warily walks toward Akiko. Her face is drawn to the brilliantly swirling orb.

With a startling 'POP', it explodes into a flash of light. The girl seems normal for a second, before falling over into Akiko's arms.

"Taa-daa" Akiko exclaims, "Now, back to get some of that gold!"

>Was that really necessary?
>No no, Dragon first, then gold.
>W-wake her up, that seems even worse.
>Good job! Now get her out of here.
>Look in her room, grab anything she may want to take.
>Other?
>>
>>44334018
>>No no, Dragon first, then gold.
>>Good job! Now get her out of here.
>>Look in her room, grab anything she may want to take.
>>
>>44334018
>>Look in her room, grab anything she may want to take.

Every nation has dirt, but this is fucking sick
>>
>>44334018
>>
>>44334018
Like something to cover her clothes wise and the dolls. Not to much
>Other?
We still need to find Jack and what the Dragon is up too before that.
>>
>>44334106
Like how dogland's secret is the ingredient in their soaps and shampoos that keeps tails and ears fluffy?
>>
>>44334018
>>

Writing!
>>
Wow this is slow.
>>
>>44335247
New here?
>>
>>44335247
Yeah...
>>
>>44335311
Have faith in the fluffy tail Anon. At least I think Announcer has a tail anyway.
>>
>>44335341
Speaking of fluffy tails... we need to go and meet Tuile again soon, it's been a while and I miss her fluffy tail.
>>
I think this girl has never lived anywhere but this cage.

CATLAND WHAT THE FUCK!
>>
>>44335414
We'll probably do that once we're through with catland. It'll make for some good R&R
>>
Jesus why is catland made to be so bad.
Aren't they supposed to be part of the good guys who we're meant to protect against that maniac jackass who were kidnapping people?
>>
>>44335509
Catland is kind of a shitty place. We've been saying this for quite a while now.
>>
Yeah I'm usually a bit faster than this.

Usually I have at least a post every hour.

Tonight is extra slow because I have company over, and it's taking some time to see them out.

Next post almost up!
>>
>>44335549
The problem is their 'pride' I think it was. All the way back in the early parts. After all this though it's becoming REALLY hard to consider Catland worth protecting...or at least it's hard to consider protecting their king and such.
>>
>>44335591
Are they looking over your shoulder as you type?
>>
>>44335594
Well yeah, but come on, the bears were shaping up to be the assholes.
Can't we see some of the nice catlanders?
>>
File: Camille.1689396.jpg (85 KB, 540x600) Image search: [Google]
Camille.1689396.jpg
85 KB, 540x600
"Look here, I'm not getting anything or going anywhere until that dragon is on my mantle. That's the whole reason I came here, and that's the reason Jack may be-"

"Okay! Fine. Just remember though, we have a deal." Akiko shifts the girl into a piggyback carry. "-And I have ways of making sure people keep their end of a deal."

"True enough, I'm a man of my word." You grunt, before beckoning Camille inside the room with you. "Cmon, let's see if there's anything we should take back with us to Biscotti."

You search through her room for any kind of keepsakes you think she might miss. Stuffed animals and some books she's scribbled in seem to be good things to take back which are lightweight enough to carry.

"Is that real gold?" Akiko nudges Camille. She warily picks up what appears to be a solid gold locket.
"Hey now, that's her stuff." You scold, "That's not somethin' you can be tradin' away."
"No no, I'm not gonna sink low enough to pawn off a girl's- huh?"

"What? Let me see!" Akiko scoots closer, Yuuki looks over her shoulder.

You ignore them and keep searching through drawers and under her bed.
There are a few photos you found with people in them, one of them is signed even. You decide those are good enough mementos to take.

"That's weird. Do you know those guys?"
"Never seen 'em." Camille is almost mashing the locket into her nose. "I know that girl in the middle is the one on your back, though."

"What is it?" You get tired of them gossiping and cut straight to the point.

"Did you find any pictures?" Camille pops up to meet your eyes. She seems serious, all of the sudden.

"Yeah, just these."

You hand the photos to her, and she shuffles through them.

"That's weird." she says. "The girl is in all of these, but no one else in them are Gallete royalty. I have no idea who these people are."

>"That's great, let's get out of here."
>"Why?"
>"I hate this place so damn much."
>"Let's keep exploring, then."
>"We'll look into it later."
>Other?
>>
>>44335784
>"Why?"
>>
>>44335784
...So, uh, she isn't royalty?

>>
>>44335784
>>"We'll look into it later."
>Other?
Lets see if we cant find Jack.
>>
>>44335784
>>"We'll look into it later."
>>
>>44335784
>>
>>44335784
>"I hate this place so damn much."(silently)
>>
>>44335784
>"Why?"
>>
We shouldn't leave until we've gotten a complete picture here.
I'm starting to get suspicious...
>>
>>44335637
I think it's too late at this point. It's kinda funny how Catland has become far more hated than the bears.
>>
>"Why?"
>"I hate this place so damn much."(silently)

Writing!

Speed should pick up now, company has left.

>>44335605
It's not so much that. It's more that; as a proper guest, it feels rude to sit typing away in another room while they're talking to themselves in the living room.
>>
Hrrm. Pictures of her that aren't of royalty. Could be a case of the king sleeping around and had kid with a commoner. Probably didn't know about her till a later time and, once discovered, decided to lock her up. Though if she had been with other people before, you think she be a little more knowledgeable about the outside of her cage in that case.

Lot of unknowns here.
>>
>>44335946
I'm not sure I like it.
The asshole bears are the evil ones, while there are some nice catlanders out there.
>>
>>44336097
Not all bears were assholes though. Mostly it seemed to be of the royalty causing issues over there.

Most every cat we met, on the other hand, were pretty much all prideful asshats.
>>
>>44336097
If it makes you feel any better, I think it's confined to the royals that have been assholes. Maybe some of their knights as well. But the commonfolk could be decent enough.
>>
File: hunter2.jpg (505 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
hunter2.jpg
505 KB, 600x800
Those words roll off her tongue, and the general gist of it seems lost on you.
She has pictures of people in her room, none of which are royalty.

Yet, she herself claims to be royalty.

"Why?"
"Beats me." Camille shrugs. "We should probably tell her to not repeat that to anyone else, though. Claiming to be royalty is like a crime or something."

It would be a lot easier to tell her that if she wasn't knocked out.

"We'll look into it later, do you know anyone who might be able to make sense of those pictures?"
Louise raises her hand. "I know! I know! Gougere might know!"
"Gougere?"

"She's the archmage, and she's like really old! She knows a lot of history!"

"That's great. Akiko, Camille, you two get her out of here. We're going after that dragon."

"We'll do that, but you better come back so burdened with gold that your back hurts for a week."
"I will, Akiko, I will." You sigh, "But first thing's first, I need to find Jack at the very least. He distracted the dragon for us, and at the very least I need to repay him."

Camille laughs, "Don't let Jack get hurt, he has a lot of weddings to attend in his future."

You're going to pretend that you didn't hear that!

Camille and Akiko say their goodbyes and head for the exit. Apparently, there's a way out the back that they infiltrated in the first place.

Yuuki and Louise search around the room with curiosity. You grind your heel into the dirt covering the room in a thick layer.

"I hate this place so damn much."

>Cont.
>>
File: dragon_girl.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1800) Image search: [Google]
dragon_girl.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1800
Your group goes through a bent drainage pipe. The pounding is getting more and more intense, and there's a light at the end of this passageway.

You've been going through what feels like winding tunnels for the past half-hour. It gets you closer to the pounding, but you're not sure if it's closer to an answer.

The pipe ends at a grating, which opens up into a large golden-colored room. You slam it open and drop down.
Just to be met with a strange sight.

"Oh come on, who are YOU now?"

A girl in a dress similar to Yuuki's sits at a stout chair. Behind her dress is an emerald-green tail which which is almost as long as she is tall.

At the end of that tail? A certain drunken sailor is leaning backwards in a chair. He gazes off into space while gently stroking the lizard-like appendage.
Next to him, all of his flasks have been popped, most of them look empty.

>"Jack! What the hell are you doing?"
>"Jack! You didn't leave any for me?"
>"Jack! How the hell do you always get all the girls?"
>"Jack! Do you got anything to drink?"
>"Jack! I'm starting to understand why you hate this place!"
>Other?
>>
>>44336943
Wow, some typos there are pretty powerful.

I must be getting tired.
>>
>>44336943
>>
>>44336943
>>"Jack! Do you got anything to drink?"
>>"Jack! I'm starting to understand why you hate this place!"
>>
>>44336943

Dammit Jack, stop hogging all the booze and tail.
>>
>>44336943
>>"Jack! What the hell are you doing?"
>>"Jack! You didn't leave any for me?"
>>"Jack! How the hell do you always get all the girls?"
>>
>>44336943
Say it all in this order.
>>
>>44336943
Oh great, Jack has been enraptured by that shiny dragon tail. Can't blame him, but just how long has he been rubbing her tail?

And was she enjoying it?
>>
>>44336943
logical progression
>>
>>44336943

>>

Writing!
>>
File: dragon_girl2.jpg (849 KB, 1200x1700) Image search: [Google]
dragon_girl2.jpg
849 KB, 1200x1700
"Jack! What the hell are you doin'?"

"Shh." He says, creaking his chair slightly as his hand runs up and down the bright-green tail. "I'm thinking, it's a delicate process, ye see."

"Yeah." You sigh, "I can see that."

Yuuki and Louise drop down just behind you. Both of them have about the same reaction, and get about the same response as you just got.

"Do you have anything to drink?" You examine the empty flasks on the table next to him.
"All gone, part of why aye feel so good right now."
"Didn't leave any for me, huh?"
"Nope. Bring yer own booze."

Figures.

"There's one thing I can say, at least."
"Aye?"
"I'm starting to understand why you hate Catland so much."

"Yar, I seem to hate it more every day." He beckons to the young lady, who seems rather annoyed. "Tell 'em yer story, Lass."

"Why should I- Forget it. I'm the princess of the harvest. My father is the emerald dragon, and a local fertility god. He's probably gonna destroy every castle on the continent when he finds out abou this."

"That seems like a problem."
"Aye."

Outside of the room, a very large face is peering inward. It breathes heavily against the metallic bars, growling slightly as it does so.
The large, scaly face appears to be exhausted. A small trail of blood drips down its forehead.

"That seems to be a problem, too."
"Aye, it is."

Silence.

"So, why're ye hatin' Gallete, now? What new horror did ye find, Cody?"

"I found a little girl chained up in a room. She claimed to be the princess."

More silence.

"Ye ever consider just lettin' the dragon have the place?"
"Jack, if the dragon has the place, then Gallete would move into your kingdom; and mine too."

"Huh, that would be a problem."
"Yes it would be."

"Have you tried shooting the dragon?"
"Don't do that, that's this Lass' sister."

>Let me stroke that tail.
>I'm gonna talk with this big dragon here. Everything else understands me, why wouldn't it?
>Let's just leave real quietly.
>With the girl.
>Other?
>>
>>44337754
>>Let me stroke that tail.
>>I'm gonna talk with this big dragon here. Everything else understands me, why wouldn't it?

Lets let Jack "Think"
>>
>>44337754
>>Let me stroke that tail.
>>I'm gonna talk with this big dragon here. Everything else understands me, why wouldn't it?

why did i read that like Jack was high
>>
>>44337754
>>
>>44337754
>I'm gonna talk with this big dragon here. Everything else understands me, why wouldn't it?
>>
>>44337754
>>
>>44337754
>>

Writing last post of the night!
>>
File: dragon_girl3.jpg (705 KB, 819x579) Image search: [Google]
dragon_girl3.jpg
705 KB, 819x579
"Okay, first thing's first." You cough, "Let me stroke that tail."

The beast offers a very large puff of heat in your direction. You ignore it and lightly touch the end.

It's soft, almost a little cool. Pleasantly so. At the same time, it lightly twitches under your touch.

The girl it's attached to puts up with it, but you can tell she's pouting.

"Aye, always knew you were a man of fine tastes."
Jack goes to drink from one of his flasks, alas, they're all empty.

"Second." You continue, "Since you're clearly not in the right state of mine, I'm gonna try something. Does that Dragon know our language?"

"He can understand me just fine." Jack leans back. "Not much of a talker, though."

"Great, that's good enough for me." You stride up to the bars. The large eyes follow you with every step.

"Now look here." You tap the bulge in the bars. "It's clear you can't get in, and right now we can't get out. So how about a little proposition of mine?"

The beast backs up from the bars. You can tell it's out of stamina to fight you right now.

"We get the girl here and leave the castle, and you leave Gallete alone. Win/win, for you, right? You came here to take the girl away."
There's a minor grumble from the monster.

"Hold on, hold on. There's something in it for you, too. We're going to take her to Biscotti, and you can come visit whenever you want."

"(Don't tell her that!)" Jack whispers to you, but you ignore him.

"Sound good?"

The dragon stops. It's clear that it's out of energy to fight you even if it did disagree. With a thud, it pulls itself out of the pit it created and flaps off into the distance.

"Cody!" Yuuki has that scolding tone again. "If you let it go visit Biscotti, then you're going to have the same problem THERE, too!"

You don't care, what matters is that mission is accomplished here, and you get to leave Catland.

Jack might kick your ass when he comes to his senses, but it's a job well done in your book.

>Thread End
>>
File: 1413523458098.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1413523458098.gif
2 MB, 400x250
Thanks to everyone who participated today!

I really enjoy having these two-parter threads. I wish it was a bit faster. For as much time as I had, we should have been able to get twice as many posts done.

NO matter, we got done with a story arc. All done in a single session! That feels good. We should do that more often.

Let me know what you think of it, and tell me how you enjoyed the reveal of Catland's dirty laundry. Until next time!
>>
>>44338426
Wasn't the big dragon a girl too?

Thanks for running boss
>>
File: dragon_girl4.jpg (787 KB, 1000x1219) Image search: [Google]
dragon_girl4.jpg
787 KB, 1000x1219
>>44338437
She is.

We'll see the result of that later.
>>
>>44338448
Just asking cause you wrote he
>>
>>44338476
That's what happens when I run until 2 AM in the morning.
>>
>>44338436
thanks for running
>>
>>44338436
thanks for running
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.