[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tg/? Just have a quick question for ya. I'm currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
Sup /tg/? Just have a quick question for ya.

I'm currently in a situation with my RPG group. We're playing a D20 system set in the Mass Effect universe and only three of us our currently playing including the DM. Usually our campaigns have one or two extra people but I digress. The DM decided to bring in one of our friends to sit in on an upcoming session. Simple shit, but he did it without asking the group first. I personally don't mind, I might have a little more trouble roleplaying any potentially dramatic situations but no harm really done. The other player however is in a tizzy over it to the point of outright not looking forward to the session. He's relatively new to tabletops and still feels self-conscious about rolepaly, but it's been a few months and he's getting better. With the addition of the sit in he's suddenly in fear he won't roleplay at all, and we all know putting yourself in that mindset pretty much guarantees it. So now there's just a lot of undue drama and a general bad feeling surrounding the upcoming session. What I want to know is who's to blame? Is it the GM for the unexpected sit on? The player for not nutting up? Both? I feel like at the very least we could learn from this experience but I want to know what it is we should learn.
>>
>>44308900
It's your fault, anon. Friends don't let their friends get stressed out. Take him into the closet and stroke him off until he's perpetually elated.
>>
>>44309011
Well he would like that.
>>
File: Suzumi and Otsukai.jpg (2 MB, 1223x1059) Image search: [Google]
Suzumi and Otsukai.jpg
2 MB, 1223x1059
>>44308900
>uses a Hetza tactical waifu pic
I like the cut of your jib, OP.
As for your question, is the sit-in a potential new player? I've done that a couple times if I want to get a feel for the other players' characters so I can build one that fits in the group and doesn't step on any toes.
>>
>>44309060
>is the sit-in a potential new player
Yes. That's why I'm not sure the DM did anything wrong at all.
>>
File: 35509825_big_p18.jpg (306 KB, 652x922) Image search: [Google]
35509825_big_p18.jpg
306 KB, 652x922
>>44309126
Well then the short version is this. It sucks to be your newbie, but that's how it is sometimes. Nobody's really in the wrong here, it's just one of those things. Long as the sit-in isn't being a douche, there shouldn't really be any active problems or anything.
>>
>>44309197
Probably just less roleplay from the newbie but I can deal I suppose. Thanks for the help anon. And great taste.
>>
File: 35522305_big_p12.jpg (438 KB, 922x652) Image search: [Google]
35522305_big_p12.jpg
438 KB, 922x652
>>44309342
>tfw you have a post-apocalyptic mercenary game coming up
>tfw you have to resist the urge to just stat out Suzumi and play her
>>
>>44309421
Do it. No one will know.
>>
>>44308900
>>44309060
>>44309126
>>44309197
>>44309342
>>44309421
I don't remember Revy getting a dye job.
>>
>>44309600
Judging by the general tone of the images she comes off as better adjusted than Revy. More "devil-may-care" than "actively suppressing what decency she has left because she believes it's the only way to survive".
>>
What is Hetza and where can I get some?

Also tell your bud to loosen up. You never know, sit-in-guy might be chill.
>>
>>44309803
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=hetza_%28hellshock%29
>>
File: Kaarina.jpg (366 KB, 724x1023) Image search: [Google]
Kaarina.jpg
366 KB, 724x1023
>>44309510
But I'm already playing ONE character based on Hetza's art in my Shadowrun game, anon.
>>
>>44310364
Even then. From the art you take a design and maybe a very simple basis for a personality. Everything else is still up to your creativity.
>>
>>44310364

You're playing an Elf with huge tits?
>>
>>44310737
Finnish Elf what uses a bow and has stonkin' great titties, yeah.
God I love Shadowrun.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.