[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump The Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: IMAG0159.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0159.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
This is a board game board right?

What are your thoughts on this gem? I just picked it up for $5 sealed. I figure when Lord Emperor Trump wins the presidency it will rise in value.
>>
>>44308449
>when Lord Emperor Trump wins the presidency it will rise in value.
No, it will be banned and you'll get deported to Mexico.
>>
>>44308449
I saw a different edition of it at an antique shop a couple weeks ago, they must've toted it out of the back in an attempt to be topical.
>>
>>44308914
I got this at an antique like store.
>>
It isn't a very good game. I passed on a $2 copy I found at a thrift shop last year. Still you could probably sell it on ebay with the current Trump fever. Strike while the iron is hot because its a turd.
>>
>>44312928
>its a turd

What a shocking turn of events.
>>
File: familiar detects evil.gif (2 MB, 438x264) Image search: [Google]
familiar detects evil.gif
2 MB, 438x264
>>44308449
It's like Monopoly, but one player starts off with a small loan of a million dollar from their father.
>>
>>44308449
Honestly, it's unlikely that he'll make it through the primary. Flip it now.
>>
>>44313091
>>44308449
You should try forging his signature too.
>>
>>44313115
Holy shit.. good idea.
>>
File: 1450229343267.jpg (153 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
1450229343267.jpg
153 KB, 500x582
Like most Parker Brother games it isn't really any good

When Forgeworld finally releases their Emperor mini, just convert it by hacking the head off of one of those Donald Trump action figures and you are golden.
>>
My main thoughts are:
"I never played it"
and
"Just because I hate trump, that doesn't mean the game is mechanically bad. I wonder if it is any good?"
>>
>>44313091
With his current numbers, he still might. I, for one, am desperately clinging to this forlorn hope that somehow, presumably through divine intervention, Rand Paul might pull it off.

It really is a shame how the sane ones get ignored. I heard the same thing happened to Jim Webb on the Democratic side of things. I guess rational people talking like civilized human beings makes bad TV.
>>
File: STAND WITH RAND.jpg (119 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
STAND WITH RAND.jpg
119 KB, 1024x682
>>44313654
Trump is a celebrity, not too unlike Arnold Schwarzenegger in that sense. I really do like Rand, but he is polling so low to the point where he is barely on the main debate stage. If only there was a TTRPG set place in his libretarian utopia.
>>
>>44313654
If you can't pull in $30,000 per day in donations, neither party wants you.
>>
>>44308449

I suppose we'll need something to burn as fuel in that dark, bleak dystopia.
>>
>>44308449
we already had this thread
it's monopoly but faster without breaking the principle

evil biff theme aside, the game is pretty good
>>
>>44313091
He's leading the polls hard, and he hasn't spent a dime on promotion yet. The only way he could lose would be if he scored less than the minimum and the Republicans just appoint someone over him.

Like, his next competitor is Cruz. Ted Cruz of all people, and that's only because he and Trump agree on virtually everything. Before that it was Carson and Rubio, but they fell off because they just lack the energy and they're not radical enough.

The real miracle here is that Jeb Bush is losing this hard. 100 million dollars, wasted.
>>
>>44313841
I wish to titfuck that good
>>
>>44313841
Just play Apocalypse World.
>>
>>44308449
It's Monopoly but fast-paced, tense, and actually easy to learn and easy to play. I prefer this to Monopoly, Risk, and Trouble as a party game for noobs and normalfags.

>>44313654
Brokered convention.
>>
>>44314123
Rubio is the Republican Johnny Kennedy, only Cuban and unpopular.

>The real miracle here is that Jeb Bush is losing this hard. 100 million dollars, wasted.
Actually, his campaign has apparently been telling donors they're going all the way to convention and don't count them out there since they're getting all the superdelegates.
>>
>>44314376
>actually easy to learn

How is Monopoly not easy to learn?
>>
>>44313841
When the previous office holder is as bad as Jerry "Perpetually Ten Seconds Away From The Formation Of A Lynch Mob" Brown, anyone can be elected on the grounds of: At least he's not Jerry "Drain Reservoirs Into The Ocean To Appease The Injuns" Brown.
Same will happen with Barrack "Anyone Who Disagrees With My Policies Is Just A Racist" Obama.
>>
>>44314401
I guess that's how Hillary's already guaranteed her win, but if I were getting my ass kicked despite a hundred mil of other peoples' money, I'd be scrambling pretty hard to reassure them too. At this point the only way to get Jeb elected would be to literally defy 97% of his own party. It'd be the kiss of death.
>>
>>44314494
>Barrack "Anyone Who Disagrees With My Policies Is Just A Racist" Obama.

I'm not an American, but has he accused anyone of racism? I thought that was just something lefties did for him.
>>
>>44314585
The left does it for him.
>>
>>44314508
More like defying 80% of his own party. The East Coast Republicans always hate the Midwest Republicans for being "extreme."
>>
>>44314585
He accused Donald Trump of racism today, or at least exploiting it. Basically everyone voting for Trump is both racist, frustrated with the economy, and cowards who are afraid of Islam.
>>
>>44314585
He heavily implies it but never outright says it. He blamed Trump's high numbers on angry white men being mad at having a black president over the weekend.
I'm backing out of further conversation here, though. I have a recent ban for questioning leftist dogma on /tg/ that I don't want a repeat of.
>>
>>44308449
>supporting the party that thinks DnD is demon worship
>>
>>44308722

Hello reddit
>>
>>44314795

I'm not surprised, given that half his time in power has been spent having Birthers shout at him that he's not really the President because his middle name is Hussein and he once pointed at Africa on a map. And Trump was pretty much that movement's figurehead, so he's been setting himself up as "the anti-Obama" for a while.
>>
>>44315051
I just think it's terribly hypocritical to be as fixated on race as he is, and to call the everyman racist. He's not NBP-league or NoI-tier racist, but he's pretty close to Sharpton-level racist.
>>
>>44314984
>political parties only share one immutable viewpoint
>>
>>44315320

I don't know what Obama's done to be labelled racist himself - I remember one of his pastors was connected to some extremist views, I guess.
>>
>>44315383
>implying I said that
>implying the party isn't made up of a large part by the ebin social conservatives who actually believe the demonic scare of the 80s was real

kek anon. It's like you don't know you share your party with the loonies.

>Guess how I know?
>Because I fucking grew up with them.
>>
>>44315468
So you have nothing but anecdotal evidence? Glad to hear that.
>>
>>44315488
>anecdotal evidence serves no evidence at al!

Sorry, but you do know the is the only reason the republicans actually can win off year elections is because of the social conservative vote?
>>
>>44315618
Again I don't see any facts that support your claim, or that all social conservatives do not play tabletop games because they believe that it is "Satanic" or whatever you have lead yourself to believe.
>>
File: pol.png (78 KB, 1306x354) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
78 KB, 1306x354
Just because you insert a passing reference to 40k doesn't mean this is even remotely related to /tg/
>>
/POL/ GET BACK TO YOUR OWN BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44315691
>Loli board
Wait, he finally made /l/?
>>
>>44315691
It's a board game, that's /tg/ related.
>>
>>44315724
...anon, you are many many years too late.
>>
>>44315468
Dude, I'm constantly around social conservatives. NOBODY believes that "D&D is Satanic" nonsense; I just joined a D&D group formed by members of my Southern Baptist church, for crying out loud.

Sure, there are some crazies, but that crosses party lines.
>>
>>44313091
Go home RNC shill, you're drunk.
>>
File: 1450756502388.png (230 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1450756502388.png
230 KB, 500x427
>>44313091
Like clockwork
>>
>>44315643
Are you this fucking blind that you don't know about the baseless satanic scares in the 80s? My entire point of that anecdote was to prove that Christian today still believe the satanic scare was real, because no one ever bothered to tell them they were being delusional hicks. Hell, I had a teacher of mine that said that the "spells" (eg fireball) were from the satanic bible.

>>44315810
ebin, because from what I know there are plenty that do.
>>
>>44308449
Every fucking time, you mouth breathing retards.

The God Emperor of Mankind is closer to a fucking Mexican in skin colour than he is to Trump.
>>
>>44315848
So you only know a few people who believed that? As opposed to the billions of Christians in the world that exist? You might as well claim that all Muslims support ISIS or all Jews only care about money.

I played tabletop games in Catholic school and I never had any trouble. I could summon demons and sacrifice people without the priest who supervised the group caring. People may be crazy in the backwoods, but in the real world most people regardless of their religion, culture, or political views just see it as a harmless game.
>>
>>44315890
He is technically Turkish after all. If anything Erdogan would be the God emperor, considering that he still holds power in that country despite trampling over basic freedoms.

Fulgrim would be closer to the ideal master race with flowing blonde hair if you are going by that metric.
>>
>>44315898
>backwoods

Funny you should say that, because I was raised in a fairly "urbanized" town in Ohio. What is this about stereotyping certain demographics again?
>>
>>44315890
Trump has disguised himself as the God-Emperor of Mankind for ten thousand years, just as the God-Emperor of Mankind has posed as every single major figure in history. He is waiting for the right moment to reveal himself in all of his glory, mock Abaddon as low energy, and wall off the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>44315995
I said "May", not that urbanized Ohio is the state of people who believe that tabletop games are satanic. Maybe you should step outside and meet new people, gain another perspective. If there are crazy people then they certainly aren't going to be exclusively aligned in one category. I certainly haven't heard any of the candidates on the current debate trail say that they would try to ban D&D.
>>
OP here. I honestly have no clue what 40k is or any of that shit. I just wanted to know about this game.

Also I've always wanted to play D&D but it's never been my scene.
>>
>>44316120
You can try playing D&D online via Roll20 if locals aren't into it. With the Ultimate Campaign rules for PF, you can buy property in cities, develop them, and rake in an amazing amount of money. The PF general's sticky has a pretty cool guide on it, if you want to go full medieval Donald Trump.
>>
>>44314723
20% is a ridiculous exaggeration of the base that supports Yeb.
>>
>>44315848
>the 80s
There's your problem.
>>
File: obama for ants.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
obama for ants.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>>44314585
Yep. Early on he had principles and even derided the notion that his critics were just motivated by racism ("this may surprise you, but I was black when I was elected too"), but now he's so pissed over everything going up in flames that he's playing both the race card and the class card.
>>
>>44316099
>>44316326
Ebin. My point was that you automatically assumed I lived in a backwater area, and thus only people from there must believe the satanic scare was real. Besides, just because your church is made up of a relatively younger generation or Catholicfags doesn't mean there is a larger amount of 60s and boomerfags that still have this outdated mindset of everyone that they disagree with must be some sort of hidden agenda to destroy society.

Trump would probably say it if it was an actual issue, mostly because he is a demagogue without an actual platform.
>>
Like I say the trump game is alright but suffers

Exceptional levels of meh.

First thought would be a safe beat is to sell

Todayish.Though I think he has a goodchance
In getting through.

So I wouldn't buy them to keep as a investment
Doing it to for gaming though would be solid

Enough for a few laughs with your friends

And family.

D
>>
>>44316400
>Large amount
So not all of them? Thank you for confirming.
>>
File: chaoscandidate.jpg (157 KB, 464x689) Image search: [Google]
chaoscandidate.jpg
157 KB, 464x689
>>44308449
He's going to make D&D great again
>>
>>44316446
I never got past Fires of Heaven
Was Lord of Chaos any good compared to the previous entries?
>>
>>44316446
Except we all know Trump is a secret Jew, and Jew secretly are wizards.

>supporting caster supremacy
>>
>>44316400
>mostly because he is a demagogue without an actual platform.

Just because someone stands up against the prevailing democrat agenda of maximizing immigration to add more voting power and to blue up votes doesn't mean he lacks an agenda, anon.

Not to mention he's comparatively moderate on social issues.
>>
>>44315691
boohoo the mean ol' /pol/ boogeyman is triggering me!
>>
>>44316483
You need to understand with leftists, if you hold a different opinion to them you are evil/ have no platform all that nonsence.
>>
>>44316461
Honestly the middle 5-6 books are just pointless filler.
>>
>>44316483
>>44316511
Is this reflected in the game at all? Like do you earn experience by calling your political rivals hilarious names? I could totally get into that.

>Hillary you dry old cunt, you're a total loser!
>level up!
>let's see should I put points into insults, policy platform, or memes
>>
>>44316400
Where does this crap that he is a demagogue. That smells like the talking points of Washington elected political establishment. Trumpis not a demagogue. He actually has a platform and mission. He is a guy who is disenchanted with American politics and is promising everyone a political/social/economic revival by steamrolling and streamlining the present current day political day process, which has only enabled corruption and indecision to flourish. He is certainly better than all the other candidates who are just shills for various interest groups and wealthy plutocrats.
>>
>>44316537
This was, iirc, WAY before he got presidential. Wasn't it?

Some sort of Cards Against Humanity + Monopoly hybrid could be workable.
>>
>>44316446
Druid, Cleric, and Wizard classes will only be available for you to play if you make more than $250000 dollars a year IRL.
>>
File: Spaceballs the Reaction Image.jpg (31 KB, 499x268) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs the Reaction Image.jpg
31 KB, 499x268
>>44315847
At first I laughed--then I became scared.
>>
>>44316546

Now replace the word Trump with Obama and now you understand how you sound, because that was pretty much just what the Hope and Changers were saying eight years ago.
>>
>>44316483
>>44316546
M8, pretty much any analyst (democrat or republican) will fucking tell you Trump is playing to the crowd. While he might have an actual policy, it's clear he isn't fucking running on it.

Oh and guess what? Running on your mouth and not on your policy is the sign of a poor statesmanship.

>>44316511
Nice strawman m8.
>>
>>44316584
Your feelings being hurt by his policies does nothing to invalidate them, unfortunately.

>Running on your mouth and not on your policy is the sign of a poor statesmanship.

The democrats are a bit fucked this time around then, I suppose.
>>
>>44316584
>will fucking tell you Trump is playing to the crowd

So what? Obama was playing to the crowd eight years ago.Trump is doing the same. What is the harm in that. A president or a politician needs to be charismatic. And the majority of these people running for the presidency don't have the charisma for holding that office. Trump at least does.

> Running on your mouth and not on your policy is the sign of a poor statesmanship.

It doesn't matter. He doesn't have to be a policy guy once he becomes president. He can have other people run policy. He is the president. He is the decider. The bureaucrats and politicians present policy, he makes the decisions.
>>
>>44316584
Hey you this is for you
>>44315847
>>
>>44316584
But >>44316511 isn't exactly wrong. Now that they have set the status quo (on social media at least) they get all uppity when someone doesn't fit the template
>>
>>44315848
>because from what I know there are plenty that do

Great. I have my anecdotes, you have yours. Now stop claiming that there's a significant portion of people who think that D&D is Satanic until you can back it up with something.

Honestly, I think that your problem comes from living in Ohio. It's a terrible state and terrible people come from it.
>>
>>44316571
And they were right. Obama was way better than Hillary would've been, even though he sucked shit. Clinton is literally the face of Establishment globalist politics, she's the slimiest, most pragmatic whore in Washington. I thought she was the only person on the planet capable of making me vote Republican, but then fucking Sanders started talking.

I want Jim Webb back.
>>
>>44316682

>A politician needs to be charismatic

Trump is energetic, not charismatic.

>poor statesmanship doesn't matter
>in determining who becomes the leader of the free world

Um.
>>
>>44316718
>>44315848
The only people left around who think D&D is Satanic are ancient Jehovah's Witnesses and other fruit cakes. Its not clear whether even Jack Chick was sincere that he thought D&D was Satanic, because he's copied 1e Monster Manual 2 art to use as demons in his comics, and I'm not sure why he'd be perusing them otherwise. D&D was made by Christians to boot.
>>
>>44316760
Whatever he is, it's the right sort of somethingtic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

He's also a comedy goldmine.
>>
W E B B - R A N D
E
B
B
-
R
A
N
D
>>
>>44316644
Are your feelings hurt by the fact that I called out that Trump's Hope and Change are nothing more than hot air?

>>44316682
Reasonable, but still, being charismatic doesn't mean he will actually be good at deciding policy.

>>44316684
>implying

It's working so far, but if he doesn't have some meat to him, Hillary can literally get away with calling him a commie and be fine (eg "The head of the KGB supports Trump.")

>>44316717
It's the exact same thing with the right though, except the social media isn't on their side. Honestly, politics in the US are just fucking batshit compared to the rest of the west.
>>
>>44316760
America is the leader of the free world because of the size of its economy and the vast military-logistic chain that support a deployment of military forces across the globe. Also because the EU is run by cucks and PRChina is a developing state. Trump not knowing shit about politics or policy won't change anything. If he can wreck China's shit, America will be leader for another 50-70 years. All he needs to know is that America needs economic growth to prospect. That is it.
>>
File: 16d.png (190 KB, 334x349) Image search: [Google]
16d.png
190 KB, 334x349
>>44316798
>WOAH
>DA REBELS
>>
>>44316400
Trump's an absolute madman who's pushing simple solutions, despite how insane they would be in practice. He says what he means with no care about practicality or offending a base. Meanwhile, every other candidate offers hard to understand solutions or lies through their teeth. Sometimes both.

It's easy to see why people like him.

He scares me.
>>
>>44316861
>Are your feelings hurt by the fact that I called out that Trump's Hope and Change are nothing more than hot air?

The burden of proof is on you to explain how his policies are not policies. You may not like them, but they're there, and they're the #1 thing even his critics bring up about him.
>>
>>44316760
>Trump is energetic, not charismatic.

The long lines of people waiting to see him in places like Alabama and Arizona says otherwise. He is tapped into a feeling of disenchantment and marginalization feel by the other half that the mainstream political elites with their talk of globalization and free trade have failed to comprehend or understand..
>>
>>44316915
I don't see how bad he can be. All his policies boil down to using the services and powers of the federal state for the interests of disenfranchised and impoverished. He has promised to protect people from terrorists (and ISIS). He has promised to cut down on unfair low wage economic competition via the importation of cheap labor from abroad.
>>
I am voting for Trump. Not because I think he'd be a good president, but because I am so disillusioned with the government that I am willing to pick him out of pure malice.

Besides, I moved to Canada decades ago.
>>
>>44317022
So did you just keep your US citizenship and live near the border, or is there some kind of voting sorcery going on here?
>>
>>44317041

I kept my US citizenship and live near the border, yes. Though you don't have to actually vote in the US. You are allowed to send it by mail if you live abroad.
>>
>>44317041
You don't have to give up your citizenship if you live outside the States. You can even vote from abroad with the right paperwork.

>>44316992
It's mostly the consequences. All of it sounds good, and I can certainly agree with many of the goals, but these things don't happen in a vacuum.
>>
File: 1417633862422.png (256 KB, 536x468) Image search: [Google]
1417633862422.png
256 KB, 536x468
>>44316798
>Then I tried to stab a friend of mine whose name was Bob!

What could the context for this possibly be?
>>
>>44316926
Because his supposed policies ("Build a wall!") are so shit that the Dems would literally walk right over him, just because they are so bare bones? The fact that even analysts like O'Reilly pretty much say that he is only getting himself through the primary with this bullshit, and then focus on policy?

My problem is that he is a populist. ( See: >>44316992 ) He is only saying what will get him elected, at the cost of actually having policy that will work.
>>
>>44317105
I assume he was making fun of Dr. "Stabz" Carson.
>>
>>44316772
It's literally a joke around where I live. "Oh no, Anon, that's Satanic!" And then everyone laughs, because it's common knowledge that it's just a really nerdy game. Even my ultraconservative grandmother from South Carolina couldn't care less about it.

I would love to know where people run into these idiots who think it's actually evil, since I live in indisputably Baptist rural North Carolina yet have never encountered such things.
>>
>>44317152
Didn't have that, but for a time while in highschool my Grandmother was legitimately concerned with the whole "can't tell fiction from reality" narrative that was spun by CSI shows and movies like Mazes and Monsters
>>
>>44317133
This is probably the first time I've heard someone argue O'Reilly lacks an agenda. Bravo.

I'm not really going to discuss the expense of the wall, but I am going to point out that his economic views are extremely sensible, and certainly moreso than Bernie Sanders' minimum wage hike. Both candidates are aware that the lower economic classes are in a serious bind, but Bernie attacks the effect and Trump attacks the cause.
>>
http://slatestarcodex.com/2015/11/16/hardball-questions-for-the-next-debate/

>Mother Jones wrote a great article on this last one. Trump: The Game seems to be a tacky Monopoly clone. Players move around a board and bid on properties, and when one of them gets locked out of bidding for a property the other player gets to say “YOU’RE FIRED” the same way you do on your show. The only way to get back in to a property once you’ve been fired is to use the game’s most powerful card, which has a picture of your face on it and is called “The Donald”.

>My question for you is: WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL IT THE TRUMP CARD?!?!!!!111111111asdfdf
>>
>>44317233
Migrants are not the cause of lower class strife, it is a lack of a living wage. To believe that raising the minimum wage would be harmful to the economy is to misunderstand economic theory. Primarily: We do not live in a zero sum economy, and thus prices won't double from a doubling of minimum wage.
>>
>>44317382
>Migrants are not the cause of lower class strife,

When dealing with a country with monstrous underemployment, cramming even more competitors to drive wages even further down isn't going to help, but quite the opposite.

>harmful to the economy

It would be harmful to everyone whose labor is worth $14.99 or less an hour. I know, the trendy open border globalist perspective on the lower class schlubs that get fucked over in these situations is "tough cookies, git gud faggot" but, then again, you can see why Trump's popular with the less affluent types who've been told by the no longer pro-working class left (to say nothing of the establishment Republicans) to go die in a ditch somewhere.

Not to mention you're basically forcing businesses to radically downsize and automate.
>>
>>44316546
The guy's tax plan is literally a fantasy. Everyone who's even glanced at it can tell you it's absolutely nowhere near revenue neutral. It leaves the national budget roughly a trillion dollars in the hole. He's proposing to make Mexico pay for an American public works project Mexico stands to gain practically nothing from. He wants to seal off muslim immigration and block native muslims from returning to the US.

He's the dictionary example of a demagogue. His "platform" is fucking nonsense.
>>
>>44317382
I hear it is because of concerns that folks who worked tougher jobs for pay above minimum wage would abandon them for easier jobs if minimum wage was raised.so you would end up with a lot of local businesses with a lack of workers as they can't afford to raise wages to prevent their employees working an easier job for the same pay
>>
>>44317574
>He wants to... block native muslims from returning to the US.

Why do you lie? Just curious.
>>
>>44317382
That's not the argument against minimum wage, it's that it means jobs which are worth less than that wage won't exist.
The factual part of the minimum wage argument is how many minimum wage jobs will cease to exist, and whether that outweighs the benefit from minimum wage workers getting more pay (and hence spending more, the poorer you are the more you'll spend of the marginal dollar)
I haven't looked deeply into it, but America's minimum wage is far lower than other developed countries so i'd guess it could stand being raised. I'm not the one running for President though.

Incidentally, this is one of the arguments for Basic Income: Minimum wage creates inefficiencies, so just paying everyone a lump sum every month is better for the economy
>>
>>44317588
That's the zero sum fallacy though. most businesses would see an increase in customer purchasing because more people at the bottom level would be able to pay for basic needs they are forced to forgo and luxury goods that they normally wouldn't purchase. In turn those businesses have more money to pay for their worker's higher minimum wages.

Also the idea that people working higher paying wages would just fuck off to simpler jobs is just as unlikely, and a sentiment shared only by people that haven't worked minimum wage jobs. On the contrary with a living wage for everyone, anyone could pursue the job they wanted to without worry of not having money for expenses.

To add to that, lots of small studies have shown that people payed more for simple jobs (things like custodial work, etc) work much harder when payed a higher sum, but people that work more mind intensive jobs actually don't have that same linear increase in productivity from an increase in pay
>>
>>44313654

Rand Paul endorsed Paul Ryan in 2012 (who anyone with a 2+ digit IQ could see was a corporate shill). He tried to swim with the sharks while still having some principles, he failed at both. He's trying to act more like his old man now, if he keeps it up for 8 more years he may deserve a chance next time.

For the moment we need a killer whale instead, bring on Trump.
>>
>>44317612
I wasn't aware that he refined that particular statement. Even so, the basic premise is hogwash. It's fearmongering at its most basic and puerile. And invoking Japanese detainment in WW2 as precedent is just plain retarded.
>>
>>44317382
The minimum wage doesn't help when people just import illegal migrants and pay them shit and pay off the Feds and Congress.The current situation is due to the fact that the government can't enforce minimum wage laws and thereby it creates competition between illegal and native labor sources leaving the latter in the dust because the former can subsist on subpar wages.
>>
>>44317744
>It's fearmongering at its most basic and puerile.

Jimmy Carter and Obama performed similar bans. Of course, in Jimmy Carter's time, we didn't have muslims wanting to kill us from all sorts of different countries, and both aforementioned presidents share a generous portion of the blame.
>>
>>44317804
>Jimmy Carter and Obama performed similar bans.

Did they ban an entire religion of some one and a half billion people?
>>
>>44317840
No, in Jimmy's case just Iran, but then again muslim terrorists are a hell of a lot more dangerous and belligerent than just the country of Iran.
>>
>>44317872
It's also an ideologically and ethnically diverse population that cannot be defined by the actions of muslim terrorists. Banning Islam migration is basically acknowledging that the US is at war with Islam itself. Not all of us are so insane as to think that's a good thing.
>>
File: Stumped.png (1 MB, 1000x554) Image search: [Google]
Stumped.png
1 MB, 1000x554
>This thread
>>
American politics is just retarded. Have fun electing someone who couldn't even keep money he inherited in check and everything he earned he did so by exploitation of workers.
Fucking Stockholm Syndrome. The rich have been raping you for decades, crashed economy, drained stalled growth of salaries for the middle class, but you bend over, begging for their thick, gold-plated dick in your ass.
meanwhile podemos got 22% in Spain
>>
>>44317940

We didn't start the fire, its been burning as long as the world's been turning. Restricting migration harms nothing but a few feelings, and considering all the bitching about Islamophobia its probably in their best interests too.
>>
>>44308449
>Trump wins the presidency
You realise that if he is on the ballot then the republicans will loose the election.
The racist vote is actually pretty fucking tiny.
>>
>>44318190
>racist vote
>Being this deluded

Your thought policing has made the """""""racist""""""" vote quite large, actually.
>>
>>44317840
That's exaggerating what Trump said
>>
>>44318190
Sooner or later, throwing non sequitur insults at political dissidents is going to stop being an effective deterrent, probably by 2016.
>>
>>44318019
>Restricting migration harms nothing but a few feelings
Depends how you restrict it. The current American system is really terrible (or, rather, great for everyone else) because of its diversity requirements. You can only have 7% of migrants from any particular country, so there's a huge backlog of highly skilled Indian and Chinese professionals who can't come in because their spot has to go to unskilled labourers from "diverse" backgrounds.
>>
>>44317744
>I don't know about the Niihau incident
>Just stupid racism of a cruder age, amirite?
>upboat pls
>>
>>44318190
>anyone losing to fucking hillary clinton, especially after not a single person on the planet legitimately likes her,
anon plz, bernies not gonna get elected because of DNC fuckery and superdelegates.
if trump takes the nomination, he wins, thats not even a question.
>>
>>44318302
>yfw Bernie spoils Hillary's chance of victory by running as an Independent in the national election
>>
>>44318265

Does the EU count as one country? If not I doubt the China/India limit is much of an issue.
>>
>>44318337
>Does the EU count as one country?
Not yet Anon, but soon.

Source: I am a miserable Euro watching his culture be euthanised by corrupt EU officials.
>>
>>44318355

They work for the same masters as the US government, no solace there.
>>
>>44318355
Don't lose hope anon, the EU is on the verge of hopefully collapsing.
>>
>>44318333
i would laugh my ass off if bernie actually got salty enough to run as an independent just to crash and burn the she-beast.
it would be incredible to watch.
>>
>>44318355
Don't worry. Soon there won't be people left in the middle-east, then we can emigrate there and make it civilized.
>>
>>44318217

Not as large as you apparently think. Just look at Europe, their right wing nationalist parties have no where near enough support to take power, and Europe has a much smaller minority population than the US.
>>
>>44318426
Western Europe is a dystopian SocJus nightmare/SJW's wet dream. It certainly isn't a good example.
>>
>>44318426
europe is filled to the brim with socialists and their political stage is always considered at least 2 steps to the left of american politics, all things considered it makes sense europeans are more liberal then americans by far.
>>
>>44318445

Ha, you've been on /pol/ way too long if you honestly believe that. Try looking at whats actually happening in Europe.

>>44318449

Socialists can be racist you know.

Both of you are making the baseless assumption that ideology is a straight line and everyone is somewhere on it, which is obviously bullshit. Yeah, Europe is socialist, but that doesn't mean there aren't significant anti-immigrant sentiments.
>>
>>44318426
>their right wing nationalist parties have no where near enough support to take power
The SNP recently won a landslide in Scotland, Anon.

And they are literal nationalist socialists.
>>
>>44318486
>Ha, you've been on /pol/ way too long if you honestly believe that.
>What are hate speech laws

>Try looking at whats actually happening in Europe.

Some people are getting angry at muslims not integrating. The percentages far-right parties are getting doesn't indicate that amount is big.
>>
>>44318426
Not really an apt comparison, considering Trump's appeal is much broader than his predecessor candidate, Romney, even among blacks, and lacking all charisma or affection for the country he still nearly won against the biggest democrat darling around. Dems lack anyone with even remotely comparable appeal this time around, and despite using race baiting rhetoric to the max, Bernie can't match Trump's minority support.

So I don't really see where the idiocy about only racists voting for him is, if you want to use guilt tactics on the basis of the skin color of someone's supporters, you won't find someone with a whiter base than Sanders.
>>
>>44318495
>are literal nationalist socialists.
>In its economic and welfare state policies, the party has in recent years adopted a markedly feminist profile, influenced by thinkers such as Ailsa McKay.[43] - Wikipedia

That's not the kind of NatSoc you're thinking about anon.
>>
>>44318512

>The percentages far-right parties are getting doesn't indicate that amount is big.

Bullshit, its a very large minority. National Front got something like 30% of the vote in France for example, and support is growing.
>>
>>44318527
this, for all the stupid shit trump spouts on a regular basis, he has the black vote bolted down since they are primarily blue collar workers and thats his largest voting base by far.
its weird in all reality, the richest fuck in the race has the votes of the common people and the ones who normally pander to the poor and underrepresented are actually shilling for the rich and overly powerful.
really makes you think.
>>
>>44318426
>no where near enough support to take power

As someone living in northern europe, said "right wing nationalist parties" are currently the ones in government.
Unfortunately they don't have a majority government, so they get bullied around by the leftist parties.

We don't have a two party system like you guys, there's more to it than having a "majority".

Also, what >>44318486 and >>44318449 said.

Socialism is working great for us so far, which is why anti-immigration is so important, to maintain our fucking society and standard of living.
>>
>>44318535
Is it not, Anon?

Feminist thinkers have a habit of being vicious towards anybody with contrary opinions - just like, for example, Hitler's NSDAP.
>>
>>44318556
Wow. For comparison, Bush (and probably most presidents) was elected because 20%ish of the populace voted for him.
>>
So in this game going bankrupt means you win?
>>
>>44318527

>So I don't really see where the idiocy about only racists voting for him is

You can't see how people would call a man racist who says we shouldn't allow muslims into our country or that we should bomb the family of ISIS members? Really? The man is fucking retarded, even if he isn't racist, so its a moot point, but come on.
Also having the black vote is pretty good proof that he appeals to racists. Blacks as a group are a racist bunch towards muslims.
>>
>>44318527
>even among blacks
This is the big thing here. I live in a blue collar black community and people here have always complained about the tammany hall shit that the democrats have been doing to black people forever, and they're tired of the floor being pulled out under them as illegals pour into unskilled jobs.
I could count on one hand the black people I know who DON'T like trump.
>>
>>44318574
I think the point is that they're not very nationalist at all, though they have the feminist and socialist part bolted down.
>>
>>44318586
>Muh raycissm

Your totalitarian tone policing has finally backfired in the form of Trump and support for him. You brought this upon yourselves.
>>
>>44318586

He's racist for the anti-mexican comments.

Islam isn't a race though I'm not 100% sure what -ist you use for 'Against a religion'. Religionist feels a bit silly.
>>
>>44318566

>they don't have a majority government, so they get bullied around by the leftist parties.

That's pretty much what I'm saying will happen to Trump, he exists because we don't have a third party for him to run for, and since that's the case he either won't get the nomination or will get beaten by the other party since he alienates the moderate base.
>>
>>44318615
>anti-mexican comments

Anti-illegal comments you mean. You're being pretty racist right now assuming mexican = illegal.
>>
>>44318615
The buzzword for that is "Islamophobia"
>>
I kinda hope Trump does get elected. Ought to shake things up.
>>
>>44318602
>not very nationalist at all
It's in their name. Their name. It's not up for debate.

>>44318615
>I'm not 100% sure what -ist you use for 'Against a religion'. Religionist feels a bit silly.
It's not an -ist, it's "Islamophobe".

Insult Christianity? You're not racist. Insult Islam?
RACIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44318630
>heres a belief that decrees death to nonbelievers, death to gays, death to drinking alcohol, yes to arranged marriage, yes to religious war and countless other atrocities towards human rights
>oh, but if you say you dislike it, you're "islamophobic" and intolerant
>>
>>44316461
1-2 are great, 2-5 are alright, 6-9 suck, you are a hero if you make it through 10, I hear 11's pretty good, and the rest are done by Sanderson so they're awesome by default.
>>
>>44318657
>inb4 that guy who says the bible says the same shit
>>
File: American ISIS.png (113 KB, 169x278) Image search: [Google]
American ISIS.png
113 KB, 169x278
>>44318586
>racism
>against muslims

Categorically impossible. Islam is not a race, and Mohammed was a ginger.

Anyway, you'll notice that I said I don't get the idiocy about only racists supporting him comes from, not that I don't get why people would (retardedly) classify him a racist.

Anyway, with the whole "anyone can be racist against anything, even panracial ideologies and organizations," you're going to be running into the problem of the boy who cried wolf.

>we should bomb the family of ISIS members

But we do. Obama's big on that. What race is ISIS, btw?
>>
>>44313091
>Honestly, it's unlikely that he'll make it through the primary
[Citation needed]
Every piece of evidence disagrees with you, faggot.
>>
>>44318615

People just say racist, which was why I brought it up in my post. Its the wrong word, but whatever.

>>44318605

I'm not one of the people who gives a shit about this kind of thing, but his policy is so pathetically naive its painful to listen to. Yeah, bombing the families of ISIS members will totally make them reflect on their feelings towards America and cease aggression. Forcing refugees to stay in the war torn region totally won't increase ISIS' power base by providing propaganda opportunities and more soldiers. Building a wall between us and Mexico will totally prevent illegal immigration, and definitely won't be unbelievably expensive to build and maintain. He's just a fucking child, and his supporters make me realize how stupid our country is.
>>
>>44318623
Trump IS a moderate, though. He's got it in the bag.

Not to mention 30% support would be an absolutely crushing victory in America.
>>
>>44318628

Actually I meant his tweet that blacks and hispanics are doing the majority of violent crime in America. He didn't mention immigration there at all.

>>44318630

Yeah but that only covers a single religion. It would be like saying Japanophobia.
>>
>>44318698
>Forcing refugees to stay in the war torn region
So let's invite a torrent of savage third worlders who are barely aware of what law and order is into a first world country and give them free stuff?
>>
>>44318710

30% of voters, not of the overall population.
>>
>>44318715
>Actually I meant his tweet that blacks and hispanics are doing the majority of violent crime in America. He didn't mention immigration there at all.
That's LITERALLY true though. How is mentioning the truth racist? Should we ignore it? Not mention it?
>>
>>44318698

As an Australian: I'd prefer not to bomb the families of ISIS members because I'd rather not see Sydney get bombed. They have people from all over the world.
>>
How does building the great wall deal with the 50m mexican illegals already in the country?
>>
>>44318698
Everyone else with a shot of winning, even Hilldawg, has worse foreign policy ideas than Trump.
>>
>>44318737

Problem is the numbers he tweeted weren't true.
>>
>>44318720

>savage

Glad we're back to being 19th century imperialists. Because that definitely isn't why were in this mess.
Seriously, have so respect for other cultures, even if you don't like them, its ignorance like this that led to cutting up the middle east this way in the first place.
>>
>>44318698
>Yeah, bombing the families of ISIS members will totally make them reflect on their feelings towards America and cease aggression.

We don't want them to "reflect on their feelings," we want them to die. Big difference. This is also standard doctrine for Obama.

> won't increase ISIS' power base by providing propaganda opportunities and more soldiers.

Absolutely nothing compared to the propaganda opportunities of successful terrorist attacks on western soil.

>more soldiers

We don't want people in our country who are already one hurt feeling away from becoming terrorists, not least because once you let them in, those "soldiers" are going to be in our backyard, killing us, causing more leftists to get Stockholm Syndrome and convert to Islam, and generally being the whole circle of life.
>>
>>44318758

Bullshit, no one has worse foreign policy ideas than Trump. Trump is that drunk retard at the bar saying we should just blow the bad guys up.
>>
>>44318791
>Glad we're back to being 19th century imperialists.
>Appealing to novelty
>>
>>44318715
He retweeted an interesting infograph (that turned out to be false). That's it.
>>
>>44318802

>We don't want them to "reflect on their feelings," we want them to die. Big difference. This is also standard doctrine for Obama.

And bombing their families won't make the die. It'll just get more people pissed off, and thus strengthen ISIS.

>Absolutely nothing compared to the propaganda opportunities of successful terrorist attacks on western soil.

Wrong, successful terrorist attacks are only propaganda if people want them to happen.
>>
>>44318815

I think I explained quite clearly why that mindset was damaging.
>>
>>44318745

I thought it was only 11m. Anyway, the answer to that is that if you have a great wall you can deport the illegals without the illegials simply walking back.

Instead they'll take a boat.
>>
>>44318739
I'd prefer we bombed them all quickly so that they stop being a thing.

They already have people from all over the world. You think leaving them alone is an option? Their goal is literally to "take over the world".

It's like a fucking cartoon villain.

>>44318830
>And bombing their families won't make the die. It'll just get more people pissed off, and thus strengthen ISIS

Yes, bombs also make me stronger. I once accidentally bombed myself and now I can shoot webs from my palm.
>>
>>44318806

Its hard to fuck up worse on foreign policy than the current administration.
>>
>>44318802
>This is also standard doctrine for Obama.

No it isn't, standard doctrine for Obama is attack ISIS targets and don't give a shit about civilians. Trump wants to just attack civilians.
>>
>>44318791

It's kinda funny because if you go back to the 70s-80s, a lot of the countries in the middle east we call 'Savage' currently were pretty comparable to modern (At the time) first world countries.

Being bombed back to the stone age and destroying all the infrastructure has not done wonders for their ability to not have extremists take power in areas.

Groups like ISIS end up in power because they are the only way many people in those countries cna feel like they have some control of their lives and ability to deal with a west they think is trying to destroy them.

It's going to take a lot of rebuilding infrastructure, not just food and cash to get any lasting peace and self-government.
>>
>>44318806
>Hilldawg
I love her track record of supporting Middle Eastern interventions that destabilize countries and make everything worse

>Bush
Standard neocon

>Rubio
Le export democracy meme, has a track record of supporting failed and unnecessary interventions

>Cruz
Wants to bomb Iran for stupid reasons; thinks that the Green Movement actually wanted to overthrow the government

>Trump
Airstrikes on terrorists, but generally fuck off

Yes, Trump is still more hawkish than I would like; but he is running in one of the most war-hungry electoral fields.
>>
>>44318843
>I'd prefer we bombed them all quickly so that they stop being a thing.

So you want to bomb Sydney? Or american cities where people went to fight for ISIS because that's where the families are?
>>
>>44318840
>Acknowledging that some cultures are inferior indirectly leads to cutting up borders in a manner that creates local chaos

Slippery slope.
>>
>>44318843

>Yes, bombs also make me stronger. I once accidentally bombed myself and now I can shoot webs from my palm.

So what you actually want is genocide. Got it. I was kind of assuming you had some basic human compassion, but that was obviously a mistake.
>>
Trump is the only chance white america has of surviving the coming race war.

No wonder you cucks hate him
>>
>>44318830
>And bombing their families won't make the die.

It will definitely make some of them dead.

>It'll just get more people pissed off, and thus strengthen ISIS.

No, letting them know that their actions have consequences will serve as a much needed deterrent.

>Wrong, successful terrorist attacks are only propaganda if people want them to happen.

Each successful terrorist attack brings in droves of westerners to convert to Islam, and is a huge amount of kudos points for the organization in question. That's why they're a disaster far out of proportion for the (usually small) amount of civilians killed.
>>
>>44318878

Not understanding the world leads to that. Believing there's such a thing as "savages" shows you don't understand the world.
>>
>>44318791
What other word do you have for mud eating, baby shooting Somalians?

Cultures aren't created equally. Cultures don't have some innate value I have to respect. Middle eastern sand farmers' current culture certainly isn't on par with western society no matter what bullshit you try to spread about rape being okay if a brown person does it.
>>
>>44318855
Yet they are fleeing TO the west, not away from it.

>>44318871
Oh, you were purposefully misrepresenting the argument.

He's talking about the ISIS families living in the middle-east you fucking retard.

As in the families where they are teaching their children from a young age to be suicide bombers, where their wives walk around happy that their men are raping captives in the house nextdoor, because sex slaves is A-OK in Islam.

>>44318887
YES, I DO in fact want all ISIS members dead!

For some INHUMANE reason, I want all the people who willingly go around torturing, killing, raping and plundering in the name of Allah to die!
>>
>>44318904
>Believing there's such a thing as "savages" shows you don't understand the world.

I'd say that wishful thinking leads you to the conclusion that uncivilized people don't exist.
>>
>>44318904
>mud eaters who can't pass the mirror test on are on par with your standard first worlder
Okay. I'm glad you cleared that up.
>>
File: savages.jpg (80 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
savages.jpg
80 KB, 1280x696
>>44318904
If Bush Jr., for example, was aware that some people were just savages, then he wouldn't have thought we'd be greeted with flowers as liberators from attacking Iraq. "Savage" is a perfectly spot on description.

What brought up the term of "savages" was even more apropos, ie the tired, yet insane, rhetoric that "we must bring in people from wartorn areas because if we don't they'll become terrorists," which will be remarked upon for generations as some of the most obviously self defeating insanity around.
>>
>>44318893

Holy fucking shit, I'm so done with this shit. I didn't realize you were this fucking delusional. We've been blowing the shit out of the middle east for 30 years. Its done nothing to deter them, because why would it? You blow up their infrastructure, make their lives hell, and you expect them to just thank you and move on? Thats not how people work. They get angry. They fight back. And thats exactly whats happening here. We've already killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the mid-east, and we have ISIS to show for it. How many more are you suggesting we kill before this plan starts working?
>>
>>44318925

>Yet they are fleeing TO the west, not away from it.

Funny thing, despite all that's going on...not everyone in the middle east supports ISIS.
>>
>>44318979
You don't say. Try telling it to >>44318960, because he seems to think so.
>>
>>44318960

All of them. Bring in the nukes, glass the whole region!
>>
>>44318925

>YES, I DO in fact want all ISIS members dead!

And you're willing to kill and entire race to do it, despite a small minority of them actually being ISIS. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>44318944

>mud eaters who can't pass the mirror test

ohh please tell me this is not true

let me have some faith in humanity
>>
>>44318960
>he is literally so naive that he thinks we've been bombing the middle east in earnest and not trimming down neighbors and competition to make Saudi and Israeli Hegemony complete.
The goal has ALWAYS been instability.
If the goal was to actually clear the middle east of radicals, that'd be extremely easy to accomplish. But that hasn't been our goal even remotely.
>>
>>44318988
Ok.

I'm going to wait for you to point out where I said this.
>>
>>44318988
>to kill and entire race
>We've already established in this thread itself that Islam is a religion and not a race.

This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>44318984

Nothing in that post in any way implies everyone in the middle east are terrorists.
>>
>>44318960
ISIS spends significantly more time and energy fighting local players in an attempt to carve out their own state. They do fight the west, but that's frankly a sideshow.

And it's not like the Arab world spontaneously decided that they hated the West. The rise of Wahabbi Sunnism during that time frame brought about a rise in terrorist attacks against the West.

>inb4 muh Zionism

Western support for Israel did not see much outward-directed terrorism in the earliest and most violent decades of that conflict.
>>
>>44319004

But what if someone says they're Christian but they're brown? They could be lying, so we better kill them just to be sure.
>>
>>44319005
Yeah I'm sorry, I meant >>44318988, >>44318887

Somehow he seems to believe "obliterating ISIS" means "systematic genocide of all middle-eastern peoples in a fashion that would leave Adolf Hitler speechless"
>>
>>44319003

Around the time you said we should kill civilians because they may be tied to ISIS.
>>
>>44319001
Please. Policymakers don't really think things through unless they have some damn interesting and digestible intel to make them think. Even then, ideology and psychology are more likely culprits than some sort of grand conspiracy as good dhimmi/goyim
>>
>>44319028
I can't wait till you upload your strawman lynching to reddit, my friend.
>>
>>44319043
Great, I'm looking for a link to said claim.

So far I have a second hand source (you) who has quite frankly proven to be pretty bad at comprehension.
>>
>>44319028
well memed

r/4chan will love this ebin pwning
>>
Trumpony is looking seriously googly eyed right there, fuck
>>
>>44319039

No, that's what you seem to think it means. Any strategy that involves bombing the shit out the mid-east is really just saying kill them all, because it sure as fuck doesn't work with anything less.
>>
>>44319044

Policymakers are just being bought off by the major arms manufacturers, who require the constant war to keep their wealth and political power.
>>
>>44319044
I doubt "countries who are shiite or compete with the house of saud all get destabilized/demonized" is a coincidence.
>>
File: iraqi civilian deaths.png (165 KB, 768x1360) Image search: [Google]
iraqi civilian deaths.png
165 KB, 768x1360
>>44318960
>We've been blowing the shit out of the middle east for 30 years. Its done nothing to deter them, because why would it?

Who is "them" in this context? IS has existed from about, what, eight years? Significantly more, if we count their lineage all the way back to AQI/Islamic State in Iraq (2003ish)?

They didn't manage to launch terrorist attacks on us until we gave them a -massive- reprieve, as well as having helped destabilize Syria.

Not to mention Trump's fighting against the regime change retards who want to continue the cycle, whereas you people are about 99% likely to wind up voting for someone out to perpetuate the cycle.

>We've already killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the mid-east, and we have ISIS to show for it.

Not even close. See pic. Unless you have a very strange interpretation of "we" and "killed."

>How many more are you suggesting we kill before this plan starts working?

Depends on whether you want ISIS to be stopped, honestly. Obama's viewpoint was that we should leave them to their fate and thus grossly magnify the civilian casualties in Iraq, and thereafter they began with terrorist attacks in our countries.

Not only were the Coalition-caused civilian deaths miniscule compared to that which the locals inflicted on each other, but the vast majority of Coalition-caused civilian deaths were about destroying Saddam's regime -- not counterinsurgency, which is nearly bloodless in terms of slain innocents, while the insurgents (which eventually went from AQI to ISIQ to ISIS to IS) inflict a huge death toll.

So its up to you really, but the "peaceful" solution is by far the bloodiest.
>>
>>44319061

Killing families of ISIS members is killing civilians because they may be tied to ISIS. Case closed.

Man, that was easy.
>>
>>44318850
The previous one did a pretty good job.
>>
>>44319141
Fair point, though way better with regards to Iran & Russia.
>>
>>44319119
Knocking off ISIS members isn't genocide, however you phrase it. Its how you handle insurgencies, among other things.
>>
>>44319119
>may

Well gee that one word sure does matter doesn't it.
Nobody said anything about bombing people that "may" be ISIS members.

But hey, the western worlds combined military force is currently running full capacity here in a desperate attempt to stem the tide of ISIS soldiers.

It's not like we don't have just a token force of bombers tossing shit every now and then to give news outlets something to write about.

"Hey, we killed 300 ISIS soldiers last week! It's working!"
>>
>>44319113

>Not even close. See pic. Unless you have a very strange interpretation of "we" and "killed."

We as in deaths that are easily attributed to the US, like when we destabilized Iraq, increasing instances of terrorist attacks there. You really think civilians there don't blame western interference for that shit?
The basic truth here is the middle east needed dictatorships, and our erstwhile efforts to bring democracy to the world fucked them over. The best we can hope for now is this current bloodshed to inevitably lead to more dictators, and thus some semblance of stability. Continued interference will just exacerbate the instability.
>>
>>44319150
>Iran
>better under Bush

If you mean squandering an opportunity to ensure a non-nuclear Iran and potential aid in the fight in Afghanistan, then yeah.
>>
>>44319161
It is genocide. You're targetting people of a specific ethnic, cultural, or religious group for death.
>>
>>44319161

No one said killing ISIS members, you said killing their families.
>>
>>44319166
>working at full capacity

lolno, into the trash it goes

Noble Anvil-style bombing indicates that you don't actually give a shit about what's going on on the ground
>>
File: isis is not islam.jpg (62 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
isis is not islam.jpg
62 KB, 640x427
>>44319178
>religious

Sorry, I can't hear you over the huge amount of "ISIS DOES NOT REPRESENT ISLAM" spam I see every day

>>44319195
what is sarcasm
>>
>>44319178
Only if you target them by based on those qualities. As long as they are an armed military movement other relations are coincidental.
>>
>>44319210
mea culpa, I'm a bit tired and sarcasm doesn't carry over that well in text
>>
>>44319168
>We as in deaths that are easily attributed to the US, like when we destabilized Iraq, increasing instances of terrorist attacks there.

Locals killing each other aren't relevant to the conversation, which was about counterterrorism.

In particular, even if we were responsible for savages just doing their thing, that would be better chalked up under the heading of regime change, and the lines are very clearly drawn in this race in terms of which candidates are for regime change.

The ironic thing about this race is that the democrat voters are going to be the one fighting to elect a regime change president who is so much more "reasonable," despite, as you say, the 30+ years of high casualty adventurism.

If Obama is to be believed, that the Taliban are not terrorists, you can't even chalk up whatever civilian deaths were in the Afghanistan war to counterterrorism.
>>
>>44315008
Hello, >>>/pol/
>>
>>44319178
>ethnic

IS is comprised of whites, blacks, kurds, arabs, and more. Wrong on that front.

>cultural

They're everyone from Americans, to Europeans, to Iraqis, to Syrians. Being in a terrorist group isn't a "culture."

>religious group

Unless all muslims are terrorists, targeting a terrorist organization is not genocide.
>>
>>44319242
>/pol/
>A board that's part of this site
>As opposed to reddit that is a completely different entity

Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>44319178
ISIS is a political organization. You have to be playing some fucking stupid semantic games to come to the conclusion that killing ISIS members and their families is equivalent to killing everyone in ISIS-controlled territory
>>
>>44319270
Someplace other than your shitty containment board?

Look, you guys stick out like a soar thumb. Whenever anyone complains about you or calls you on your bullshit, you scream about your reddit boogieman and then turn around when people correctly identify you as faggots who've escaped their hugbox. Reddit is your current scapegoat. A year and a half ago, it would have been tumblr.

But stop pretending that people actually like you.
>>
>>44319324
I never visit /pol/

Your projection is hillarious nonetheless.
>>
>>44316461
Hours late, I know, but it was...okay.

The big problem is that so much of books 5-10 is "Alright, we all know shit's going to go bad, so let's take steps to prepare for the end".

Like, those six books could probably be condensed into 2 and be so much better. Hell, just down to 3 would be fine.

Like, if you ask me to take about interesting shit in books 5-10, I have like 3 from Lord of Chaos, and about 4 throughout the other 5 books.

I think it's just that certain things, while necessary, aren't that interesting to read. I just finished a book where the main character was an ex-slave in a prominent position in Magical Victorian England, and half the book's plot can be summed up as "White people are stuck-up assholes." which, Yeah, I get it, the Victorians were stuck-up assholes, and they'd be EVEN WORSE to a black man in power, but It just wasn't all that fun or interesting to read. The book ended up turning out fine in the last 4th, but the middle dragged.

Wheel of Time is an expanded version of that problem, and Lord of Chaos is pretty much when cool things stop happening for a while.
>>
>>44319324
>wah, I can't bear for people to voice their disagreement with me
>>
>>44319324
>containment board?
>Redditors genuinely believe this.

/pol/ is the board for discussing politics whether you like it or not. It's as much of a containment board as /sp/, /o/, /biz/ and /tg/ are
>>
>>44319324
>everyone who isn't some limp wristed leftie nu-male is from /pol/

And you're saying other people are putting the blame on a boogieman? Fucking irony, dude.
>>
>>44319168
>and our erstwhile efforts to bring democracy
lmao don't tell me you actually believe this shit. Installing brutal puppet dictators like the Shah of Iran or Saddam Hussein is modus operandi, despite the 'freedom and democracy' shit your friendly neighborhood government's press office likes to spew
>>
>>44314236
Just play Savage Worlds.
>>
>>44319380
Bush was a neocon, his predecessors weren't necessarily. They're basically pre-hippy era leftists, they believe the US has the moral duty to use its military force to bring freedomz and justeez to the world. They've been this crazy for decades and never mentally matured past the Cold War.
>>
>>44319341
>Deny deny deny
>Instant accusation of projection
Once again, the /pol/nigger tells only lies.

>>44319349
Motherfucker, where do you think you are? This is a seething cauldron of disagreement.

We just don't like you.

>>44319355
>Doubling down on the redditor accusations
>Newfag who doesn't remember the nuking of /new/ and the resultant re-establishment of /pol/
>swastikas everywhere.

No, you're the new /b/
>>
>>44314508
What about Bernie Sanders? He is not looking too bad on the Democratic side.
>>
>>44315949
Isn't he Ionian Greek or Galatian or some other ancient Anatolian people from before the Turks
>if Galatian he could have been a ginger
>>
>>44319408
>we

Seems like it's you versus 3 people, self proclaimed representative of the entirity of 4chan.

The rest are ignoring this conversation.
>>
>>44316414
>>44313449
>>44313535
>>44312928
>>44308914
>>44308964
These are the only posts in this thread about the board game.
Everyone else is a faggot.
>>
>>44319408
>Implying I don't know about the nuking of /new/

/k/, /int/ and other boards have stickies that specify that /pol/ is the board for political discussion; Made by the fucking mods.

Those guys should be better at categorizing things belonging to their own site than you.
>>
>>44319368
>everyone who isn't some limp wristed leftie nu-male is from /pol/

No, just you guys. Nice strawman, by the way. I'm a Ted Cruz guy.

>>44319415
Faggot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.