[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would Applegate's andalite empire fare in the 40K universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 275x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 275x350
How would Applegate's andalite empire fare in the 40K universe? On the ground, they seem to be rather intimidating individually compared to, say, the average guardsmen - he's with the centauroid body, the warrior noble mentality and the molecular tail blade (plus, their handheld shredders are obscenely powerful, possibly comparable to volkite equivalents). In space, their capital ships' main guns are capable of single-shot planet killing (via complete glassing, or the actual breaking apart of smaller planetoids) and have shields which can withstand SEVERAL shots from said guns. Their drives are fast but unreliable - seemingly at random, they can take anything from hours to years to cross galactic distances.

Their main disadvantage is numbers. The race's total population is probably kept well under a billion, and at its most militarized, the empire only had about 30-40 capital ships.
>>
I always find these 40k crossover threads to be among the saddest you can find on this board.

It has the same sort of mentality as all those My Little Pony crossovers, where these people don't really appreciate what kind of clashing mess results when you combine the franchise equivalent of grapefruit with just about any other fruit.

Really, you're not supposed to include grapefruit pieces in fruit salads. It just makes everything taste like bad grapefruit.
>>
>>44299355
I miss spacebattles.com
>>
>>44299269
well judging by your description they'd fare well for a bit. Then they'd lose a battle eventually and they won't be able to recover from the losses. Repeat till extinction/hiding.
>>
>>44299355
>Grapefruit
>bad
You better back the fuck up or put the fuck up, nigga.

Also, in regards to OP, the Andalites would put up a marvelous first combat before being blown the fuck out. If you remember the Andalite chronicles, the Andalite manufacturing base is rather lacking.

>All Andalite families live in their own private scoop with several dozen to several hundred acres of grazing space
>No major cities, or even major buildings/structures, besides starports
>Weapons, machinery, starship components, everything, are hand crafted by individual Andalite families
If you'll remember, Elfangor's family designed heat sinks before having their neighbors machine them.
>Everything is only assembled at the starports
>They only live this way not because of any quality benefits, but because they don't like living in cities and this is more cozy

In short, they'd be drowned under a wave of lasguns and human corpses.
>>
>>44299269
Another point you brought up is their Zero-Point (?) drive, which while being (almost) as unreliable as Warp travel (maybe curved a bit more to the reliable end of the distribution), doesn't expose the Andalites to warp fuckery.

>Khorne worshiping Andalites
>Tzeentch worshiping Yeerks
>>
>>44299454
Grapefruit alone isn't bad, if you like grapefruit.

But, it just makes every other fruit worse when you try mixing it with them.
>>
>>44299540
>Implying
I bet you think Skub is good, what with your irredeemable shit taste and all.
>>
>>44299269
Also, what they call a "fighter" is actually a starship in its own right, with a perfectly good FTL drive, powerful weapons (multiple shredders and smart bombs for ground attacks) and the capabilit to operate for several YEARS without reapply. They have shields and the capability to include cloaks (like the yeerks did), but it's implied they don't because MUH HONOR.
>>
>>44299355
grapefruit has a place in fruit salad consisting of other grapefruit though
>>
>>44299595
I think what makes it mos unlike your typical space opera "fighter" is that it's not just a cockpit with engines, it's got actual living quarters and is meant for long journeys and patrol missions. More like a one person, heavily automated corvette?
>>
>>44299454
This anon is correct, Andalites would probaly make a good first impression on the Space Marines, then either get BTFO by Orks or Necrons, or work with Soace Marines to prefrom an exterminatus on the yeerks.

They may say honour, but the canonized actions speak otherwise
>>
>>44299959
Victory is the highest honor. The poets will sing of it whether you kill all the Hork-Bajir with your tail blade or exterminate their race with a bioweapon. Who cares if they're retarded pacifists?
>>
Would level would you put Crayak and Ellimist on? C'tan? Chaos Gods? Old Ones?
>>
>>44300072
Old Ones, they're both literally forgotten ascended precursors.
>>
>>44299418

Did something happen to it?
>>
File: Yeerks_in_Yeerk_Pool.jpg (172 KB, 633x581) Image search: [Google]
Yeerks_in_Yeerk_Pool.jpg
172 KB, 633x581
>>44299269
Stupid question. The Andalites have a high tech level but an incredibly flimsy civilization that's in the middle of a depressing decline due to a generation or two of nonstop war and the military command gradually replacing the entire government. Also, as
>>44299454
pointed out, their manufacturing ability is pathetic.

A better question is how long would it take for the Yeerks to spread to the point of taking over everything?
>>
>>44300125
>Did something happen to it?

It split in two

https://forums.spacebattles.com/

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/
>>
These books were *the shit*

Andalite and Elimist Chronicles were the best and basically standalone stories in a setting. All the ghostwritten claptrap can burn in hell though.
>>
>>44300223
The Imperium is used to dealing with enemies that can take over your mind if you think about them too hard. Organic brain slugs that can't survive more than a few days without technological infrastructure are no threat at all.
>>
>>44301160
I have a feeling that yeerks would very quickly adopt a "hey guys, let's do our best to just be good humans and keep our heads down ok?"

Yeerks are small time parasites anyway, at least they don't cause their hosts to birth monsters like genestealers.
>>
>>44302085
I could honestly see the Imperium making the Yeerks a sanctioned xenos species for the sole purpose of using them to "reclaim" unruly and rebellious planets and population centers.

After all, I assume the Imperium has ways to detect the Yeerks.
>>
>>44302188
Oh they'd probably be seen as awful parasites that leech off of good working citizens. Which they are. But I think as 40k parasites go, if a population of yeerks found themselves somewhere (I mean, assuming they had those portable kandrona generators) they'd do their very best to be the best imperial citizens they could be whilst driving around their hosts.
>>
>>44299269
The Imperium of man has essentially one combat doctrine:
Drown everything in bodies. if 10,000 troops can't kill a thing, then they'll drown the thing in the blood of 10,000 more. Or 100,000. or 1,000,000.
If that doesn't work then they'll send another 1,000,000 at the thing while Space Marines Drop Pod in from behind and anally rape them with dickbullets.

I'm reasonably sure the Imperial Navy can handle a 40+ ship counter-fleet.
>>
>>44302302
>A species of xenos who are no strangers to taking orders that are able to take control of unruly citizens or planets.
>Any large scale cluster of them (like an unruly planet) would have a fuckton of pools
>Which emit kandrona radiation, which the Imperium could detect
They'd be a simple, safe, and relatively harmless tool for population control to keep planets running while the Imperium raises up that planet's next generation to be good citizens, before the current hosts die out.
>>
>>44299269
No idea, but Yeerks would be ruling 40k within years.

They're like a genestealer cult that's actually good at staying incognito.
>>
File: Helmacrons.jpg (196 KB, 640x959) Image search: [Google]
Helmacrons.jpg
196 KB, 640x959
How much of a threat would Helmacrons be in 40k?
>>
>>44302417
They really wouldn't. The Imperium handles far more insidious enemies on a regular basis, and those enemies don't require retardedly huge facilities that they return to every 3 days.

They could probably take over some minor planets fairly easily, but anywhere even remotely worth noting? They'd have at most a couple of years before an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor notices something fishy is going on.
>>
>>44302417
>A genestealer cult that requires massive pools of xenos shit in order to stay a live, and frequently return to said pool of xenos shit every three days
>Remaining incognito in a universe where the inquisition exists

Imagine the Yeerks trying to infiiltrate an Imperial warship, it'd be downright fucking impossible.

Their only hope is to take over a few rogue traders or some shit.
>>
>>44300125

they fires a really popular moderator for no clear reason right at they same tine that they were having software issues and suffered a schism.
>>
>>44302592
The fact that a web forum can even have "schisms" shows the current state of western culture
>>
>>44302576
Just stock up on oatmeal, you're good to go.
>>
>>44300072
Hard to say. Their abilities are all presented as a combination of sufficiently advanced technology and quantum shenanigans (I got sort of a Dr. Manhattan vibe), so I'm inclined to go with C'tan, but then, the Animorphs universe doesn't really have "magic" like Warhammer does. In terms of their capabilities, they might be more comparable to the Chaos Gods (case in point: open warfare between the two of them wouldn't threaten to destroy the galaxy, it would threaten to destroy THE UNIVERSE). In particular, both of them are EXTREMELY Tzeenchian in personality and nature.
>>
>>44303446
Which within the context of the Warhammer universe would of course be a surefire sign that they are both in fact faces of Tzeench pretending to be fighting in the service of a greater Plan, but then, again, these are separate universes so it depends on how you'd like to interpret things in your crossover.
>>
>>44303240
>groups argue and go their own way sometimes
Yeah man this is a travesty. we should burn it all to the ground and start over. Fuck the west. If people really don't like each other and have vital differences of opinions, they should be mandated to continue talking to one another and having the same arguments again and again

Smh desu senpai
>>
>>44300072
They both have nearly complete control over the timeline, and possibly all timelines, and it's only by choice that they don't use it. Because both would rather the universe exist, and they know that not playing their games, and instead graduating to open warfare would destroy time itself.

So I'd put them above chaos gods.

One could argue that 40k is a universe that Crayak wins in.
>>
Animorphs was the shit. I built a druid to try and be one of them in my main pathfinder game.

Unfortunately the Wildshape ability isn't really the point of a Druid, so it won't get me that far.
>>
>>44299454
>All Andalite families live in their own private scoop with several dozen to several hundred acres of grazing space
I always had a hard time imagining what a scoop looked like, especially when Ax's one folds down and becomes unnoticeable despite apparently being pretty comfy and full of stuff.

Is it a hole in the ground or what?
>>
>>44303240
Any group of four or more people can have a schisms. It just need that a subgroup of people disagree with the others. I have no idea why you suppose that a group of people on the internet should work differently.
>>
>>44304710
I always figured it was half park pavilion and half hobbit hole in a depression or bowl in the ground.
>>
>>44304710
I kind of imagine it like a bit round hole with a wooden roof that folds down on top supported by two wooden beams.
>>
>>44302393
It's a thing any radical inquisitor would see the value of, and any puritan one would execute you for even thinking about something that doesn't include the immediate extermination of xenos.
>>
File: Daleks.jpg (139 KB, 786x590) Image search: [Google]
Daleks.jpg
139 KB, 786x590
Would the 40k verse be EXTERMINATEd?
>>
>>44300234
Not a bad split. All the SJW crybabies went to sufficient velocity with Athene, and it's a giant bitchy hugbox. Just go to Spacebattles, it's even better now.
>>
>>44304899
Daleks fought the Time Lords and almost won.

This is a question?
>>
>>44304899
Congratulations, you selected the one villain whose weakness is the Imperium's specialty - lasguns firing out of every orifice. Their shields do jack against energy weapons, so while the Daleks would rape the Orks and Tyranids, they'd be torn to pieces by Guardsmen, Eldar, and Necrons.
>>
>>44305015
Aren't the Dalek able to just go back in time before the invention of the Lasgun and just destroy earth then?
>>
>>44304962
To be fair, most of the work was done by Davros. Individually, the Daleks aren't that scary. It's the shit that Davros comes up with that is actually threatening, like the reality bomb.
>>
>>44305064
Even then they're still capable of time travel and have time-base shielding.
>>
>>44304899
depends on the context and that whole "conservation of ninjutsu" trope. Is it one Dalek? he'd probably have an entire Hiveworld under it's control. Something like the cult of Skaro would have a small galaxy held under their control until a space marine company was sent there.

Anything that's higher than 10 or so daleks and I imagine a small scale Imperial Guard army could handle it.
>>
>>44300002
Civvies care, they care a lot
>>
>>44299269
You forget their most powerful weapon of all, Morphing Technology.

Think of all the merry hell 5 teenage kids wreaked on the Yeerk invasion with it alone. Now imagine that in the hands of people professionally trained in espionage.
>>
>>44305056
Ehhh...I'm a bit of a Whovian and I'll be the first to say that no one in that show uses time travel intelligently. At all.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1033x679
>>44299269
When I was but a little shit those books were literally my favorite things. I like you.
>>
>>44305056
Stuff like that will just get them in direct confrontation with guys like Orikan and the Eldar

Orikan because he also has time travel and Eldar because they will just have some prophecy come up about incoming daleks and if you go before the eldar prophecising they will likely get reamed out by old ones and war in heaven
>>
>>44305541
Ok, this actually answer the fact that I never understood how it could exist a war between two time travelling races.

Logic would say that the first that decide to go back in time and exterminate the other before they invent the well would win automatically.
>>
>>44305611
>the well
The wheel
>>
>>44304710
I imagine it to be a depression in the ground with a slope on one end, a cliff on the other, with an extendable awning to cover it.
>>
>>44305056
>>44305541
to my understanding the time travel mechanics of Doctor Who is that once you land in a stable point in time you automatically become locked into theevents occuring at the time. and certain events in time are "Fixed" meaning nothing can really be changed with out potentially destroying everything.

So it's not that any protagonist with in Doctor Who doesn't realise they have the ability to go back in time and murder hitler with his mothers shotgun, it's just they know the consequences of doing so would fuck things up far harder than the immediate benefit of saving the people who got thrown into nazi work/death camps and preventing the holocaust and all that.
>>
>>44305443
That's still, at most, a few hundred million soldiers. All of which must demorph every two hours. Into a bright blue mouthless centaur.

They wont find the privacy on any important civilian planet, and the officers are sure to notice some of their soldiers dissapearing every two hours on the dot sooner or later if they infiltrate the IG.

I wonder if they could morph a Muhreen? Would the implants carry over?
>>
>>44305611
The correct solution, given Doctor Who supports stable time loops, is to send someone back to Gallifrey and tell them to write the following in a piece of paper and place it on the TARDIS control panel of the TARDIS matching his one's serial number:

"Hi Doctor, it's the Doctor here. You're running away but let me tell you there's no point, the thing you're running away from is caused by running away. Phew, saved a few thousand years there.

OK, you're probably going to go anyway so if you do please at least do this, it's very important. At some point you're going to kidnap two humans called Ian and Barbara to show off. you'll end up on a planet that's been nuked to shit and you'll take the lead out of the TARDIS and pretend it's broken so you can explore.

Just get right back in and leave, this really doesn't end well. Seriously, on my real name $NAME just forget it, it's really not fun. Go straight to the space capsule one, that's far more fun".

Remember, every time the Daleks tech up it's in direct response to the Doctor pwning them and before he shows up they don't even consider that life might exist beyond Skaro, their scientists don't even think of other worlds until the 4th Doctor mentions it to Davros.
>>
>>44305797
This is the idea in the show, but in practice they're mostly rules to prevent people wondering why he doesn't get infinite do-overs. When convenient he'll hop back and forth within his own time stream at will.

Even then he could do enough in a circuitous way to avert problems later without disrupting his individual moment. The classic is that the TARDIS pulls him into events on its discretion so if he can head those events off early he can avoid going to those places and thus not cross his own time stream.

That's something he also does in the show but obviously it kills so much of the point of the show that they don't use it except within a single arc.
>>
Better question, how would the Andalites fare against the Tau.
>>
>>44304933
SV does have some fanfiction worth reading still. Only reason I go to it anyways.
>>
>>44305396
Not in the andalite empire they don't.
>>
>>44306189
Really well. Both empires are tiny compared to the Imperium (of course, the andalite empire is a lot tinier) but the difference in capabilities is MASSIVE. Even at their slowest, it's not unthinkable that andalite zero drives could allow their ships to basically hop all across Tau space, and they only need a few minutes in orbit (easily done, as the Tau don't have any weapon close to being able to scratch their ships) in order to put a hole through a planet with their main guns.
>>
>>44299269

Shredders can be dodged by birds and morphing takes minutes in a world where average combat lifespan of non-superhuman life forms is measured in seconds.
>>
>>44304933
>Just go to Spacebattles, it's even better now.
>Nothing but shitty Worm fanfics and ultraspergs

Oh anon, I am laughing.
>>
Animorph "warp" travel is perfectly calm. It's so calm that they put their excess mass when morphing there, and the Animorphs survived by floating in it until pulled in by a rescue ship.

Their ships would be literally torn apart by space itself made out of literal space daemons without gellar fields in 40k.
>>
>>44308141
Barely, they were effectively vivisected
>>
>>44302422
The helmacrons would conqueror the galaxy in a single day of glorious battle!! How dare you suggest otherwise you pathetic human scum! You will bow to our- er, THEIR might!
>>
>>44308141
Would Z-space exist in 40k?
>>
>>44308619

It's the Warp.

The Warp was calm once.
>>
>>44302422
>>44308609
Besides shrink tech, what else did the Helmecrons have?
>>
>>44305827

oh shit I forgot that Daleks were basically the Who version of the Cricket People from HHG.
>>
>>44308646
>Andalite tries to morph
[IFEELTHEWARPOVERTAKINGME.wav]
>chaos spawn space centaur with a hell blade tail
>>
File: 1282610621468.jpg (332 KB, 716x1185) Image search: [Google]
1282610621468.jpg
332 KB, 716x1185
>>44300072

What was the entity that Crayak was running from in the first place anyway?
>>
>>44308773
Papa Crayak
>>
>>44308745
>telepathic noise centaurs forcefully broadcasting feedback into your skull
>>
>>44308845
>indefinitely amplified telepathic IT'S A SMALL WORLD
>>
>>44308437
They were looking at their own bodies through the fourth dimension or some shit and couldn't understand it. They also saw the spaceship in the same way. The real problem iirc is they were suffocating due to no atmosphere. (although nobody seemed to suffer the other effects of hard vacuum?)
>>
>>44303552
You know,I know you're joking, but I actually agree with the literal statement you made. When people stop arguing, you end up with nothing but hugboxes and echochambers and truth gets lost in the noise of half-right, endlessly repeated, never refuted opinions.
>>
>>44308773
He wasn't running away from it, he was kicked out of his old galaxy by it. Important distinction.

I'm going to guess pic related.
>>
File: 1429154197938.jpg (49 KB, 736x509) Image search: [Google]
1429154197938.jpg
49 KB, 736x509
>reading children books
>playing 40k
>WHO WULD WIN INA FITE?!?!

Manbabies, the thread!
>>
>>44308950
They're young adult books, you uncultured swine.
>>
>>44308619
It's all one Warp.
>>
>>44308950
>he doesn't have fond memories of Animorphs

Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>44308950

Yeah, we read childrens' books when we were children and have the mental capacity to recall those memories, and the maturity to be unashamed about our enjoyment, what's wrong with that?

You act like college campuses didn't explode into Pokemon frenzies when D/P/P and HG/SS came out.
>>
File: nerd.png (203 KB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
nerd.png
203 KB, 528x528
>>44309090
>>44309129

Manbaby defense force in full swing, get jobs you losers.
>>
>>44309155
>Wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
>>
>>44309155
>Implying we don't all already have jobs
Autismbux aren't enough to pay for plastic crack.
>>
Which races would be willing to join the Tau?
>>
>>44302417
As already pointed out, them taking over the Imperium is extremely unlikely.

And that's just the Imperium. They can't take over Necrons, Tyranids or Daemons, which are the best competitors for greatest power/threat in the galaxy, and it's possible they wouldn't work very well on Orks either.

It would be hilarious though to see a Yeerk try to attach to a Tyranid and get instantly mindraped by the Hive Mind.
>>
>>44309263

I mean a real job champ, not doing chores for good boy points so Mommy will buy you the new space marine giant robot.
>>
So does mena that Chaos god guy in animoprhs is basically a warp deity.
>>
>>44309338
>real job
Being an accountant isn't a real job?
>>
>>44309442
Crayak? He's more like a C'tan.
>>
File: 1426733762808.jpg (114 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1426733762808.jpg
114 KB, 800x533
>>44309467

No, fix your life.
>>
>>44302417
fuck no.

They might be able to take a planet if they get really lucky but it's unlikely that they'll get anyone with any real power on their side as 40k breeds the important people to be equal parts paranoid as fuck and iron willed as fuck.
>>
>>44309491
Enjoy you're insurance premiums faglord KEK
>>
File: helmacron.jpg (209 KB, 1382x1600) Image search: [Google]
helmacron.jpg
209 KB, 1382x1600
>>44308649
Their spaceships carry beam weapons and fighter craft, which are very dangerous to similar scale opponents. The ships are only 3 inches long, but they could be tough opponents if they fought smarter.
>>
>>44309500
>Yeerk takes over Commisar
>He forces it out of his brain by sheer force of will before blamming it
This is making me harder than terminator armor!
>>
>>44309491
>mfw I'm reading this from a computer in an accounting firm

I lol'd.
>>
>>44309558
>Imperials steal Helmacron tech and whatever the Animorphs use to get big again
>Use said tech to CREEED entire titan legions from within a single Chimera.
>>
>>44309155

But if I had to go to work how would I build plastic toys and talk about them on /tg/?
>>
>>44309491
>Not being a white collar professional
Easily automated blue collar pleb detected.
>>
>>44309500
Also, half of them have brain implants of some form or another. I wouldn't be surprised if they just got electrocuted.
>>
>>44309656
Simple anon, paint and build your plastic toys at work!
>>
>>44304899
They're practically Daemon Engines of Malice.
>>
File: 1435093335317.jpg (38 KB, 589x330) Image search: [Google]
1435093335317.jpg
38 KB, 589x330
>>44309661

>Implying I'm not a CIA agent
>>
>>44309765
BIG HOT HEAD FOR PLANE YOU FRIENDS
>>
>>44309661
>>44309765
>mfw worked manual labor, military, and office work

What color collar is military? Camo?
>>
File: 1413248096947.jpg (496 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
1413248096947.jpg
496 KB, 2197x1463
>>44309815
>>
>>44309824
green, I guess?
>>
>>44309661
>>44309765
>>44309824
>Not being purple collar
Literal plebs, all of you
>>
>>44308745
>chaos spawn space centaur with a hell blade tail
This is actually a thing in one of the 40k stories.

There were also Emperor worshipping centaur people who fought them. The MC realizes they would be purged if the Imperium finds out and alters his report to say they were nonsentient and harmless.
>>
>>44309921

What are you, a monarch?
>>
>>44309824
Blue. Military is Blue Collar, so is Police, Firefighting, EMS, and a fairly long list of things that require extensive training and certification.
>>
>>44310329
>Not being a:
>patrician
>politician
>polymath
>professor
>philanthropist
>any combination of the above
>>
>>44307993

You've got your choice of boilerplate liberal ultraspergs or hard SJW ultraspergs.

Such is life in the grim darkness of THE CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>44308907
It is Z-Space, who knows what the fuck happens there
>>
>>44310458
I thought blue collar referred directly to denim or blue jumpsuits common to workers ie mechanics, farmers, factory workers, carpenters, truckers, steel workers, construction workers, fishermen, loggers, cattle ranchers, etc.
>>
>>44311117
It does, just like white collar refers to the collar of a white dress shirt, however the term encompasses a large number of skilled professions which don't work in an office.
>>
>>44299269
>On the ground, they seem to be rather intimidating individually
They're bigger targets than Orks, but unlike Orks they can't shrug off small arms fire. If it gets to infantry combat they're screwed.
>>
What is with all the comparisons of the Ellimist and Krayak to C'tan? By personal measure, even every C'tan in entirety at the height of their power working together would only begin to approach the power of one of them.
>>
>>44300072
Wasn't Crayak chased out of his universe/dimension/galaxy by something even more powerful than he was?
>>
File: 1450656401532.png (146 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
1450656401532.png
146 KB, 960x800
>>44299355
mlp can actually cross over fairly well, but like anything it needs to be done right. so far I have yet to run into any mlp crossover i consider good, but there are some self-contained gems.

Surprised theres still so much institutionalized butthurt about ponies, the canon of shit like sailor moon is just as awful

the others are right though, grapefruit is good, expand your taste buds. if they complain, beat them up and take their lunch money.

>>44299418
its still there but the glory days where zero no tsukaima ruled with an iron fist are long gone.
>>
>>44303581
>They both have nearly complete control over the timeline, and possibly all timelines, and it's only by choice that they don't use it.

There's no way this is true, because Ellimist ascended first. If they were that powerful he would have killed Crayak while he was "merely" a living armada before he could ascend to godhood. Destroying a living armada must take some time and effort for them.
>>
>>44311117

If the only colors available are blue and white (pink is female white in Japan) then it makes sense military would go under blue.

Even if there are white collar POGs and blue collar grunts.
>>
How big was the Yeerk military? It always seemed to me that as soon as the andalite fleet arrived they were done which makes me question their plan.
>>
>>44313253

Yeerk = Zerg
Andalites = Protoss

Yeerks are "the biggest threat to the galaxy" and had ruined "countless worlds". There are only a few who can stop them, Andalites included. They are probably just held back by sheer numbers and not being able to be everywhere at once.
>>
>>44313300
But yeerk don't have the numbers that the zerg had.
>>
>>44308945
That's exactly how people who rage against "echo chambers" actually behave. They don't expose themselves to different opinions in order to broaden their horizons, they do it to practice hating them. When their opinions are challenged, they don't even process it; they just act smug and superior to the people "butthurt" and "entitled" enough to criticize them, proceed to call it "censorship", and declare war on them.

It's disturbingly Orwellian, really. Oceania didn't even need to censor all the "thoughtcrime" from the media, because its citizens were so brainwashed that they responded with trained indifference or hostility instead of actually thinking. They called it "crimestop". Or, in one context, "Two Minutes Hate".
>>
>>44312271
When he was a mortal cluster of super-tech spaceships, Ellimist played Crayak's "games" for a long time before finally getting so angry that he gave up and switched to all-out warfare. Ellimist is a gamer first, a pretty nice guy who protects life and innocents second, and a murderer last. Once Ellimist was a god, it took him a long time to realize he even existed, let alone understand the full extent of his power. The first thing he did to defy Crayak was move a planet halfway through its revolution around the sun. He could have just moved Crayak into the sun or something instead, but that's not the kind of person Ellimist is. He's rather use his unlimited power to render Crayak harmless through shenanigans rather than just murder him. It was just another kind of game for him. And when Crayak ascended, Ellimist was waiting for him. It's not much of a game if he has nobody to play with, after all.
>>
>>44313253
The Yeerk Empire is basically one big military with no other civilization or culture to back it. The Yeerks on the homeworld are basically not even affiliated with the space faring ones anymore, due to being cut off by the Andaline blockade.

The Yeerks are numerous and seem to be able to reproduce quickly (something about reproducing by making hundreds of little Yeerkling larvae things) but they lack hosts in sufficient numbers. Without hosts, they have no ground troops, no pilots, and presumably no manufacturing. Yeerk hosts are the bottleneck on their entire empire.

Taxxons seem to be their engineers and it appears their spaceships are built on he Taxxon homeworld. But Taxxons are hard to control due to succumbing to cannibalistic bloodlust at the slightest injury, so they kind of suck at their job. Hork-Bajir are an endangered species and reproduce slowly, plus they tend to have a high mortality rate due to being used as cannon fodder. Gedds are near-useless in general. Leerans were able to fight the Yeerks off before they could get their hands on a lot of them. Any other hosts seem to be rare one-offs that are only infested by a stray high-level Yeerk (Visser Three for example).

At the time of the books, the Yeerks were slowly getting pushed back by the Andalites due to their lack of numbers and the Andalite's use of WMD's. They only had a small force stationed on Earth so the Andalite's wouldn't send their entire armada here, but if the Andalites focused exclusively on Earth they could stamp out the infestation very quickly. When the war on Leera went sour (due to the Andalite's willingness to use WMD's) the Yeerks bet all their chips on the Earth invasion.

Basically, the Yeerks need humans. We're hardy, numerous, reproduce quickly, and our planet already has the manufacturing capability to build spaceships. If the Yeerks took control of the planet, their bottleneck goes away and they have the resources to take over the universe.
>>
>>44314053
A thought occurs.

What if the Yeerks went after a Mechanicus Forge World? The Techpriests are already seen as strange outsiders who are into esoteric rituals and secret-hoarding, so a Yeerk infestation wouldn't set off alarm bells quite as immediately. And the Imperium uses wetware-controlled servitors instead of robots, which means even more host bodies that can easily escape notice.
>>
>>44314053
Yeah nearly every race in the Animorphs galaxy have either elf levels of population or are useless as host bodies. Humanity, as a race that possesses mediocre but functional bodies and breed like rabbits, were what the Yeerks were going to use to win the war.
>>
>>44314592

There is no entryway to the brain.
>>
>>44314592
Yeerks would kill themselves trying to infest the ones who drastically augment their brains. Also, routine inspections would certainly detect them.

The Imperium exists in a universe where seeing the wrong thing can cause daemons to jump out of your skull. A physical brain infestation that requires maintenance every few days is not going to go unnoticed.
>>
>>44314592
You underestimate the general paranoia, religious fervor, and indoctrination the average imperial goes through. Too much odd behavior is going to get any host put in the crosshairs of whatever the highest authority is around, which will lead to the rest of the yerks being tracked down in short order. Even with just the mechanicus there will be massive issues due to their mechanical and biological augments on top of the previously mentioned issues.

Not to mention that the hosts will be resisting their yerk puppeteers at all times.
>>
>>44315704
>the hosts will be resisting their yerk puppeteers at all times.
Through the entire series, a Human only manages to fight free of Yeerks control maybe... once or twice. And that's only when confronted with a threat to their loved ones or something. The populace of the Imperium aren't exactly trained to have a lot of willpower or to care about anything other than I guess the Emperor.
>>
>>44315801

That's because you're comparing everyday Earthlings to people who will crawl across the battlefield trailing their own guts just to deliver a grenade in their mouth to their enemy in the name of their Emperor, and he'll still consider that better than the quality of life he grew up living with, or what will happen to him if he's captured.
>>
>>44315801
They're indoctrinated since they can understand words about the Imperial Creed, which is pretty big on the idea of killing the shit out of aliens.
>>
>>44307951
The same way guns can be dodged by birds - by not being where they're pointed. The beam is relativistic.
>>
>>44315844
I assumed just the Guardsmen and Mureens were like that. Is the whole general populace like that as well?
>>
>>44315905
Think of the Imperial cult in Japan during WW2

Now make the emperor a literal god with superhuman demigod angels of death to enforce his will.
>>
>>44315960
So basically present-day America?
>>
>>44316069
>Obongo
>a god

Just wait until God-Emperor Trump takes office, anon.
>>
>>44316137
I don't get any of the similarities
>>
>>44315905

Civilians aren't, but they're also far more useless in terms of what they can do.

It's like making a prisoner or homeless guy a controller. What the fuck are you going to do with those kind of connections?
>>
>>44316163
They're both golden and inspire zealotry and hope in their followers.
>>
>>44316203

Trump tells it how it is. The Emperor is more like Hillary, but without being a useless whore.
>>
>>44316203
That's pretty vague.
>>
>>44316220
>Trump tells it how it is.
I'm pretty sure Trump has never said, "I'm a loud, obnoxious, uncultured egomanical douchebag with no manners or charisma, who's completely oblivious to the most basic concepts of human decency or empathy, with no ability to take or recognize a joke at my own expense and a hyper-inflated messiah complex that has not yet been my undoing only because I was born staggeringly wealthy and live in a society where it isn't very hard for the wealthy to stay that way" before.

...y'know what if he actually said that I think I'd vote for him.
>>
>>44316959

Because Hillary lying about being under sniper fire and claiming the primary victims of warfare are women because the ACTUAL victims, men, simply get captured, tortured, shot, and killed and leave behind widows is so much better.
>>
>>44305443
Gee, it's like the Callidus Temple doesn't exist.
>>
>>44316959

I'll take a man, no matter how despicable, who is smart enough to stop the inflow of unscreened terrorists until we have a way to prevent them from entering our country, than people who allow them in with open arms in the name of political correctness or being too afraid to tell it how it is.

What we don't need is more pussyfooting like the Obama administration has done. It's because of them that all our work in Iraq has been undone and why Putin is in position to become a savior of the West.
>>
>>44316173
There is a waiting line for human hosts - ANY human hosts - on the yeerk homeworld going around and around the planet. It's like the ideal host species for them (only "class 5" host they've discovered so far. They actually thought class 5's were theoretical until encountering humanity).

I kind of like how Applegate subverts the standard space opera cliches like this. Humanity IS special among alien species... It basically makes really good food. What Applegate considered "special" in the normal, self-gratifying sense is the ecosystem of planet Earth, which is immeasurably more complicated and varied than almost any other known planet. Turns out that the standard number of species per planet is actually something along the lines of a few thousands, not Earth's "billion species of mosquito and we're still discovering new ones".
>>
>>44317024
>any politician
>smart enough to single-handedly solve an enormously complex geopolicial problem
Oh my god, this is how fucking dictators get elected. They tell you everything is simple and they make a lot of bluster over whatever gets people the most emotionally riled up and tell you they have the solution to the oncoming disaster. All you have to do is trust them and they'll make you safe and make your country great again.
>>
Interstellar conflicts in the Animorphs universe are, generally speaking (that is, disregarding the universe destroying battle between Crayak and Ellimist) very small in scale compared to other science fiction. The andalite empire has maybe a dozen colonies and maybe 30 domeships? The yeerk "empire" has even less, and their bladeships are ludicrously outmatched in a direct fight. Oh, and the entire war lasts about 40 (there are indications that The Andalite Chronicles, showing Seerow's assimilation, takes place circa 1950-60 Earth time) years and revolves around a handful of planets, not including the few ones sterilized by overzealous andalite war-princes. It's just that both the andalite and yeerk empires are super militarized and drowning in propaganda (the andalites sure like to PRESENT themselves as peaceful, but all evidence is to the contrary), with each side painting the other as a massive, galactic scale threat where in fact the entire conflict is more comparable to a minor border skirmish in, say, Star Wars.

And the whole series was quite likely just one tiny part of one tiny move on Ellimist's chessboard. Like, he orchestrated the whole entire thing so that in two million years, a taxxon in an anaconda morph could take a bullet for someone who would help inspire the guy who would discover the cure for the plague which would then be sweeping Sorxunar 5.
>>
File: Emperor Trump.jpg (114 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
Emperor Trump.jpg
114 KB, 456x469
>>44316163
>>44316203
>>44316220
AVE TRUMPERATOR
>>
>>44317345

Apparently the majority of Americans want to instate some pretty dictatorial practices.

What's the point of having a democratic government that doesn't serve the people anyways? They're not even doing what the people want, and nothing that they want to get done or that needs to be done is getting done to begin with.

You got anything better than "oh no Trump might be a dictator!"? Because even if he gets elected, all the checks and balances of the American government are still in place.
>>
>>44317357
You have it backwards. The war isn't Ellimist's move, it's Crayak's. Crayak knows Ellimist has a soft spot for the Andalites, so he made the Yeerks have "a quirk of evolution" as the books describe it, that just so happen to make them the perfect trap to make the glorious Andalite civilization fall, just to piss off Ellimist. Crayak intends for the Yeerks to consume the Humans and the Andalites, (and others in the process) and then go on to be consumed by some other race. Ellimist's counter-move was to make the Animorphs, which saved the humans had the side effect of saving the Leerans, the Hork-Bajir, the Taxxons, the Andalites, and possibly also saving the Yeerks from self destructing or getting nomed by something more powerful than themselves.

Basically, Crayak's move would destroy five races and then self destruct, for a net of -6. Ellimist's move saved all of them for a net of +1.
>>
>>44317586
For what it's worth, the express original purpose of the United States government is to protect the liberty of the people, not do whatever they want.

That's the difference between a classical liberal and modern populist idiots. Clinton and Trump are two sides of the same idiotic coin. Neither of them care about the Constitution or protecting the liberties of the people, they have an agenda, and to Hell with the Constitution!

Trump knows what Americans want to hear, and so he spews it without any policy proposals to back it up.

In the end, Ron Paul was the hero we needed, but Trump is the hero we clearly deserve.
>>
>>44317860
>Trump is the hero we clearly deserve.
This, I can't argue with.
>>
>>44299269
>Can't even beat space tapeworms
They'd be wiped out.
>>
>>44317935
Aren't they more like macroscopic amoeba?
>>
>>44314053

It also became a plot point later on that Andalites were seriously considering blowing up Earth rather than let the yeerks have access to new host species.
>>
>>44317641

>saved the Taxxons

The Ellimist move was making the Yeerks survive long enough to discover their symbiotic cousins
>>
>>44320011
That was a side game. Crayak wanted to destroy the Iskoort, Ellimist didn't want them destroyed. They held their little duel to settle the impass. The assumption is that, maybe someday, the Yeerks will encounter them and learn that there's a better way. But that was going to be WAAAYY down the line regardless of how the Earth game went.
>>
>tfw Rachel's life meant less than nothing in the scheme of things, Ellimist just wanted her to die happy
>>
>>44312121
It's the fan base of MLP more than anything else that's toxic. Like how they refuse to stop shoving it in everywhere. Like you now.

But yes, anything can be stripped down and subverted into something better.
>>
File: VoidStalker1.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
VoidStalker1.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
>>44309638
>bombers use shrinking tech to slip past long-range defenses of enemy ships
>unshrink at close range and use shrinking tech to neutralize enemy ships
>>
>>44317860
>>44317860
>Ron Paul
>A hero
Kek, I should have known the shit talker was a libertarian.
>>
>>44316959
>muh manners
>muh decency
>of those poor Muslims :^(

cuck
>>
File: 8617351.jpg (140 KB, 980x1376) Image search: [Google]
8617351.jpg
140 KB, 980x1376
>There are people who use this board, on this website

>who consider themselves too mature to post anything but disdain for the subject of these threads
>>
>>44310506
Believe it or not, I am actually a relative of a royal family, which is pretty cozy at first glance. Now picture yourself trying to play Warmahodes against people, who willingly make mistakes in your favor. It's as bland, as one might imagine. Also, none of these things can be defined as a purple collar, you unwashed, onion drenched, endless source of mirth for the higher social strata.
>>
>>44322608
>now imagine yourself playing warmahordes
I thought the nobility had good taste?
>>
>>44322730
Inbreeding will do that.
>>
>>44305897
The show's approach to fixed points in time is purely pragmatic. Something's only fixed if the writer of the week needs it to be (the fuck's so special about Pompeii on a galactic scale?) and fixed points can become as malleable as butter whenever the next writer feels like it.

DW has its perks, but a sensible and consistent approach to time travel isn't one of them.

Also, the Daleks probably can't reliably travel back in time to before the invention of lasguns, because their time travel capabilities are, AFAIK, inaccurate emergency displacement shenanigans.
>>
>>44322787
Inbreeding is taboo now and with good measure. Have you seen the "enchanting" and "chaste" European females of noble lineage?
>>
>>44320301

It is only with the aftermath + the ellimist recount of the events that you understand how truly little he cared for them.

Like, he probably foresaw what would have happened to them and he did not give a fuck.

>>44320151

Well, the whole Ellimist skitch is a single move to solve multiple problems. He is the "most elegant loser".
>>
>>44323079
The Elimist is a capricious big-picture-good god duking it out with an actively malevolent god. We get into enough metaphysical knots trying to apply what we consider morality to our own deities, let alone a truly alien one, for me to really get mad that he doesn't give a shit in a personally caring way. Triple O God he is not.
>>
>>44299269
Do they have nice worlds? Some marines get the honour to exterminate them, done is a couple of weeks by a handful of squads.

Can they come up with some opposition - xenocide campaign incoming.

Anyway, settling afterwards.

Can the pull some fucking serious opposition? Good for them, the Imperium has better things to do then. Extermination gets put off for now.
They propably end up forgotten in the archives.

When encountered by Tau it's "join us or die".
When encountered by 'Nids they're food.
When encountered by Orks they're first a fought, then food.
When encountered by Necrons, they do their regular lolsorandomxD-bullshit.
When encountered by Eldar fine unless they sit on a maiden world.
When encountered by Dark Eldar - toys.
>>
File: elfangor_and_aximili.jpg (173 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
elfangor_and_aximili.jpg
173 KB, 1032x774
>>
>>44303446
From what I recall, they were at first warring in the material universe, and graduated from throwing asteroids at each other to throwing suns at each other over the years, until an entire arm of the galaxy was wrecked.

Then during a battle with Crayak, the Ellimist's fleet was stuck half in a black hole and half out of it, also therefore existing in Z-space as well as normal space as well as the black hole. The reaction of being present in so many different places (because he was a disseminated consciousness) ascended him to becoming an omnipotent god, because he was present in multiple dimensions at once and triggered the quantum thing, becoming a fixed point in space-time. Which meant he became an intricate part of the fabric of space-time.

Although, to be fair, he took a while to figure out how to use his powers, and eventually Crayak worked out how to replicate what he'd done.

>>44308773
He fled a creature even more powerful than he.

It is worth noting that this is long before Crayak became the god that opposes the Ellimist at the time of the book series. Of course, given the rules of the game with the Ellimist he has, he also can't just go back and wipe that thing from existence. He has all the power he ever wanted, but can't actually use it.

Funny how things turn out.
>>
File: animorphs co rejected.jpg (284 KB, 1332x878) Image search: [Google]
animorphs co rejected.jpg
284 KB, 1332x878
>>44315801
>>44315844
>>44315704

I'm just going to leave this here.
>>
>>44323079
He did give a fuck, in the end. He cared enough to come to her, to stop time in the moment of her death, let her rail against him, and tell her his story. And then he let her go into death telling her that she mattered. Even if it was a lie, it still shows that yes, he did care enough to give her that peace of mind.
>>
>>44324289
My sides are in the Time Matrix.
>>
File: hork bajir.png (182 KB, 450x850) Image search: [Google]
hork bajir.png
182 KB, 450x850
>>
>>44324220
>>44324494
>all I can think of is how these are lewd on some or multiple levels
/tg/ ruined me.
>>
>>44324198
Nids would be an interesting combination with morphing technology. Whoever wins the initial fight would become very hard to stop.
>>
>>44299355

You must be new here, family.
>>
File: boner.png (5 KB, 219x168) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
5 KB, 219x168
>>44324198

>nids
>andalites

>nids acquiring morphing tech
>>
>>44324565
>>44324531
Morphing isn't generic, it's an acquired skill imparted through a device.
>>
>>44324576
>generic
Fuck you phone, *genetic
>>
>>44324576

Nids going CREED with carnifex disguised as mosquitoes is too funny to be destroyed by mere facts
>>
>>44324531
>nids with morph technology

a shoggoth of the worst kind. Literally chunky homicidal teeth soup
>>
File: 1417525879082.png (471 KB, 628x452) Image search: [Google]
1417525879082.png
471 KB, 628x452
>>44317345
>>
>>44317345
>implying there's anything wrong with dictators
Democracy was a mistake.
>>
>>44324289
>quote this post
>>
File: Ellimist Chronicles.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Ellimist Chronicles.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Just gonna post this directly.
>>
I don't think andelites fuck enough to compete in 40k.
>>
File: powerful japanese guacamole.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1910) Image search: [Google]
powerful japanese guacamole.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1910
>>44324724

>couple years ago
>left-libertarian
>watching LOGH
>"boy, these japs sure have some strange, pessimistic ideas about democracy"
>"Also they sure make some ridiculously spicy guacamole"

But now I understand completely where they were coming from.
>>
>>44326875
The guacamole is always a surprise the first time you try it.
>>
>>44326875
>left-libertarian
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>44327224

It was more of a typical paultard "do what you want, why should I care as long as you'll give me the same courtesy" sort of thing.

But then, of course, they couldn't.
>>
>>44325998
>Open it.
>"Oh what's this then?"
>Three hours later...
>Goddamnit.
>>
>>44322811
What bugged me was rory and whats her face. So they got stuck in the past in that year and he couldnt go to that year. So why not go earlier and wait or later and pick them up?
>>
>>44324220
How do these things fuck?
>>
>>44327354
I trust you have joined the centrist-authoritarian master race since then?
>>
>>44327379
Nose nuzzling

Or like a horse, but with freaky alien jiggly bits
>>
File: 1341693248652.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
1341693248652.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>44324289
>Tempted to acquiesce and put him in a cage with a Taxxon
>>
>>44324289
One could make an argument for most of the boards.
>>
>>44325998
Thank you.
>>
Someone stat a yeerk for 40k please?
>>
Thread Tiers

>God Tier
Great, Original Stories
Tutorials for doing cool shit
Drawthreads with good requests and good drawfags
Collaborative game construction

>Good Tier
Discussions to help improve games
Important game news
Introductions to new games and game reviews
Genuinely humorous threads

>Average Tier
Game rule questions
Less important game news
Ordinary game stories
Drawthreads with boring requests
Threads with lackluster humor
Organized Generals with useful pasta

>Why Bother Tier?
Screencap Threads
Filename threads
Quests longer than 3 iterations
Any thread that has been made more than 10 times already
>40k Crossover threads (OP)
Powerlevels

>Shit Tier
Meme-spam threads
Spam and Shilling
Bait threads
Political controversy threads
Edition wars
/d/ threads
/b/ threads
>>
>>44329301
Anon Tiers

>Valued Contributor Tier
Not you

>Faggot tier
>You
OP
>>
>>44329580
>Anon Tiers
So this is what Anon Tears taste like.
>>
The Island of the Screaming Rat.

You're welcome.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.