[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frostzone RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: frost.jpg (434 KB, 415x600) Image search: [Google]
frost.jpg
434 KB, 415x600
so i'm just reading through this book and it seems kinda fun, if over the top as fuck.

Any of you guys ever heard of it? is it any good in actual play? what's your position on the clearly superior alpha konsortium? or is it even available outside of germany?
>>
I've never heard of this. Give us a tl;dr OP?
>>
>>44298104
oh yeah, sure. my bad.

the setting is basically that during the first mega-con war some (unknown) asshole launched nanobots into the atmosphere wich block out the sun, causing a new ice age.
what little bits of the planet are still habitable are mostly ruled (either indirectly through puppet governments, or directly through whatever means) by the same mega-cons that caused the ice age in the first place.

the last neutral grounds are totally-not-murrica, totally-not-mad-max-australia, and africa wich is still a wartorn shithole.
the players, as far as i could gather so far are meant to be shadowrrun-esque black ops or terminator-style freedom fighters, or whatever seems fun at the time.

a big focus of the system seems to be the rule of cool, even to the point where some game-mechanics are literally rule of cool elements you can buy for your character

tl;dr: frostzone is a post-apocalytpic, cyperpunk, dystopian, science-fantasy rpg.
the world is in a new ice age through mega-con shenanigans and players take on roles somewhat similar to what you would do in shadowrun/cyberpunk
>>
>>44298179

That sounds pretty damn fun actually. What's the system like?
>>
>>44298179
the mega-corps are:
the church of clone, wich is like a mega church that is massively into cloning to clone babby jesus so he can open the gates to paradise. also mindcontrol drugs.

the alpha konsortium controls western europe and are essentially the 3rd reich as a megacon, trying to breed the perfect übermensch-soldiers and lead in heavy weapons technology.

the cycore collective are are a bunch of cyborgs, meaning brain-in-a-jars in a metal chassis. what? you are a human employee of us and you need a couple days off, in order to cure your cold? why dont you come into my buro to talk about it? nono, not that one. the de-braining one.

the freelands alliance is SUPER-MURRICA. basically all american stereotypes come true.

gothica are totally-not-vampires. they got created by the WASTE-virus, but lets face it. they are vampires. and they formed a nation on the northpole, from wich they try to invade the church of clone and alpha konsortium territories.

okton is a corp that settled on the bottom of the ocean, and they are literally eco-terrorists as a megacorps

sanada is a japanese media corporation wich is most famous for their bloodsports gladiator shows. wich include literally cyber samurais and cyber ninjas.

skimitar are the arabic sheikhs who combined their money and power by sharing their rights on the oilwells. they are, however, more famous for their assassins and their cloaking/stealth tech.

troika. they are russians. and they have nuclear werewolf mutants. need i say more?
>>
>>44298188
all rolls are 2d10+[value]+bonus dice against target number.
bonus dice can be gained through style points, wich is a character stat you can level up. this mechanic enables you to do cool and "cinematic" shit (yeah yeah, fucking buzzwords, i know)

your stylepoints get determined by your highest style. you can have multiple styles and each style gives you access to cool shit you can do ingame.
like deleting yourself from every recording device, with a simple roll, as a hacker. or putting more shit in a vehicle than you should realistically be able to as a tuner.
>>
Is there a pdf you can share?
>>
>>44298284
Ok, real talk. Games with factions that all have special stuff going on but also hate each other run into the problem that there's basically no reason to work together more often than not. If I want to play a cyborg ninja, and my buddy wants to play a radioactive werewolf, how much support does the game give for that? Does it talk about it at all?
>>
>OpenMutant Chronicles 2100: The Ripoff of a Ripoff: the Game
>>
>>44298794
Think of it as another step towards making 40k a genre.
>>
>>44298794
>>44298813

It feels more like a weird blend between Shadowrun and Infinity to me, at least from the description.
>>
>>44298813
This seems far less grim.
>>
Sounds fun. Is this an rpg or skirmish game?
>>
>>44298844
I guess they wish for a skirmish game, but don't have capital for that.
>>
>>44298729
none that i have, but i will try to find one

>>44298741
the book describes renegade characters/factions for every major faction. also there's the free nations, where anybody is welcome.
then of course the major players are described to cooperate as often as they fight, for the same reasons: profits and gains.

>>44298794
i am not familiar with that reference.
but aside from that: erverything is a ripoff of something else. give me an intellectuall property and i tell you what its ripping off assuming of course im familiar with it

>>44298824
yeah, it's a lot like shadowrun just way over the top and easier ruleset hacking rules are shit as well

>>44298844
its a pnp rpg.
>>
>>44299103
hacking rules are shit just like in shadowrun, is what i meant to say
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.