[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16
File: Liberator of Wind.jpg (248 KB, 556x777) Image search: [Google]
Liberator of Wind.jpg
248 KB, 556x777
Official Website: http://fowtcg.com/
Card Database: http://db.fowtcg.us/

MEANWHILE in the previous thread!
>comparing being completely mana screwed to drawing a less than ideal stone on turn one
Stop, you're killing me!
>>
File: Pricia.jpg (225 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
Pricia.jpg
225 KB, 640x462
I just started playing this recently, taking a break from MTG cause of the crazy prices this standard. I picked up the green starter deck that released recently.I know a little about how the standard clusters work and how they have slower rotations but I had a few questions for longer players.

How much is a competitive FoW deck gonna run me?
same question for casual upgrades? I'm looking into gretel, elvish priest and fiesthing for my green deck already, which will run about ~30$ (CDN)

How are they with banning cards?

Does the game stay fun once you start playing at a high level?

Thanks
>>
File: Guile's Theme.jpg (85 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
Guile's Theme.jpg
85 KB, 500x349
>>44295461
I think someone said you could build a competitive deck from nothing for less than 100 bucks

I don't think they've banned any cards yet, however there is only one format called New Frontiers which includes the Grimm block and the ongoing Alice block.
A few sets ago they were having translation problems so a few cards in Grimm have significant english errata.

It used to be awful at competitive levels because one specific deck/ruler was dominating the meta.
Since then they have taken great strides not only to fuck that deck up, but continue forward with a healthier balance.
Currently a lot of people are complaining about the ruler Reflect/Refrain (despite only having been out for a few weeks), but personally I don't see the problem.
R/R is an enabler, allowing many different kinds of deck based strategies (as opposed to more ruler-centric strategies) to flourish.
>>
File: 1439812183995.png (139 KB, 335x339) Image search: [Google]
1439812183995.png
139 KB, 335x339
>>44296311
Beginner question, but can you remove Refrain as a J-Ruler if it has no Defense value? Would any amount of damage kill it?
>>
>>44296534
I'm 99.9% sure it can't.
>>
>>44296534
It just can't be damaged. I posted this in the last thread to, but there's really only one way to kill Refrain.
>Have Arla as a ruler
>Have Arla's Bow in play
>In response to Refrain flipping, use Almerius to give Refrain Flying
>Spend all four tokens on Arla's Bow to kill Refrain.
>>
File: 1449002690610.jpg (142 KB, 322x374) Image search: [Google]
1449002690610.jpg
142 KB, 322x374
>>44296565
Okay, so only a direct J-Ruler destroy effect will work and of course really only on their turn. I see why R/R is taking off, it's a great toolset that's nigh-impossible to get rid of. Thanks for helping.
>>
File: 1425436797490.jpg (393 KB, 2500x1875) Image search: [Google]
1425436797490.jpg
393 KB, 2500x1875
>>44296600
Forgot to add, but let alone that it can be used in any color.
>>
>>44296600
What you do is, to, if the more useful side is the J-ruler side, force them to flip to the less useful side by trying to kill them. It's not as effective as an actual kill, but it's still a bit useful.
>>
File: Kaguya_Bamboo.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kaguya_Bamboo.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
Oh boy a new trailer for the next set!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AE01B5lt5k
>Everlast still doing the music
eeeeeeeehhhhhh
>>
Not gonna lie, the weeb art is turning me off from getting into this game.
Can smell the cheeto dust from here...
>>
Played mono red reflect in my locals, went 3-1 and only lost 2 games. Control just destroys this deck, not sure how I can improve my list, anyone want to take a look ?
>>
>>44296999
its not for everyone. for me its a nice escape from wizards and elves and dwarfs and dragons ad infinitum
>>
>>44296999
That's why I even picked up this game in the first place, MTG with weeb art is exactly what I've always wanted in a card game.

This games standard play is similar to commander, has anyone tried playing multiplayer with 99 singleton and beefed up life totals?
>>
>>44298191
Not really built for that.
>>
I'm brewing R/R Six Sages. Being able to bounce sages to get more counters on them seems dumb. Then again, everything R/R does seems dumb.
>>
>>44298629
Ah i'm still pretty new to the game so it may not work, but hey MtG wasn't built for EDH either. Since the game's new it may just not have the meta to support it. I like the concept of having multiple game formats to play with the same cards. and experimentation can be fun, maybe I'll throw a pair of decks together and see what happens.
>>
>>44298191
>99 singleton
My god please read Refrain and stop.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (65 KB, 370x441) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65 KB, 370x441
Rate how busted my R/R is, guys.

>Turn 1
Call stone, Wind Sprite
>Turn 2
Call stone, Gretel, Cheshire Cat, sac Gretel/Cat to incarnate Adombrali, Rewriting the Laws, Gwiber, Gwiber

All of this and much more can be yours!
>>
>>44297436
Yeah post it.
>>
>>44299737
MTG has had singleton as a valid format for two decades.

FoW doesn't have the variety yet and won't for awhile. It would be better to try other multiplayer formats first.
>>
>>44294021
DONT YOU DIE ON ME
>>
>>44301069
>muh Gwiber
Meme/10
>>
>>44304656
I thought Gwiber was just a janky card in the starter deck too, Anon, but this deck is capable of dumping 3 of them and Adombrali onto the field on turn 2.
>>
>>44304690
No anon, I'm not saying Gwiber's bad. Gwiber's insane. Every good player uses him. That's why he's a meme.
>>
>>44296999
That's how I felt, too. For the most part, the art is pretty tasteful and not really "anime". There are a few, but they're still preferable to the CG shit that is magic today.
>>
File: Elder_Things.jpg (183 KB, 362x506) Image search: [Google]
Elder_Things.jpg
183 KB, 362x506
>>44296999
I've seen some archetypes with a little more realistic art, like some of the machines or Cthulhu cards. Even some of the human(oid) cards don't have Anime-ish art.

However, I do like the weeb art
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (37 KB, 265x316) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
37 KB, 265x316
>>44301069
Okay, I've made it better. Adombrali works so well with Gwiber it's stupid.
>>
This game is better than magic for kitchen table.
>>
>>44295461
How well does Valentina match up against a Pricia deck?
>>
>>44301295
Ruler; Reflect
4x Hunter in Black Forest
4x Flame Sprite
4x Rukh Egg
3x Guinevere
4x Cthuhga
4x Lancelot
1x Blazer Eater of Dimensions
4X Thunder
4x Split
4x Ame
Stones
8x Fire
1x Milest
1x Little Red
Side
2x Susanowo
2x Fetal
3x Flame King Shout
2x Rapid Decay
3x Deathscythe
2x Certo
1x Falltgold
>>
>>44305290
How so? More fun for casual play? I'm thinking about getting two starters just for casual play at Board games meetups.

Any recommended Match up from the 5 starters?
Was thinking about Green and Black.
>>
I got into this game with some Two Towers packs and the Wind starter a few days ago (having sold off my magic collection a few months back due to a 'i'd rather not be homeless' problem and not wanting to buy back into the same game) and after some trades ended up with a fairly decent Little Red the True Fairy Tale deck with the Oz creatures. Anyone got any suggestions on where to go from here?
>>
>>44312415
Forgot decklist
Crimson Girl in the Sky//Little Red, the True Fairy Tale
(Creatures)
2x Wolf in the Sky
1x Dorothy the Lost Girl
4x Cowardly Lion
3x Heartless Tin Man
3x Brainless Scarecrow
4x Oz the Great Wizard
(additions)
2x Realm of Evolution
3x Refarth the Castle in Heaven
2x Forced Growth
3x Silver Shoes
2x Certo the Blazing Volcano
(Spells)
2x Oz's Magic
1x Portal of Truth
2x Rapid Growth
3x Demonflame
2x Xeex the Ancient Magic
(stones)
5x Wind Magic Stone
3x Fire Magic Stone
2x Magic Stone of Blasting Waves
>>
>>44312539
oh and 1 sprint of the beast lady
>>
>>44312539
Cheshire Cats, replace Little Red with Grimm.
>>
Has anyone made anything to play this game online yet?
>>
File: valentina2.jpg (29 KB, 200x278) Image search: [Google]
valentina2.jpg
29 KB, 200x278
>TTW box finally comes in the mail
>pull pic related, full art
I kinda want to make a Valentina Regalia deck, where do I start?
>>
>>44314712
I think Lackey has it
>>
>>44314777
>Buy TTW box
>Pull that, in Monochrome
Do I build a foiled-out Valentina, or sell it?

As for deck, I'd basically make a 28 Regalia Cain with Valentina instead.
>>
File: 021[1].jpg (86 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
021[1].jpg
86 KB, 480x670
>Building regalia decks when this thing was just printed
>>
>>44315548
How does that effect a Regalia deck?
>>
here's my crappy deck.

I don't get to play very often though

Alice, Valkyrie

4 little scout
4 little guardian
4 cinderella
3 snow white (need 1 more...)
3 Cheshire
3 Glinda
3 little dread
2 medusa
1 etna

4 deep blue
4 thunder
3 lavetiein however the fuck you spell it
2 crime/punishment (need to get dot instead)

8 water stone
1 little red
1 milest
>>
How viable are control or midrange strategies?
>>
>>44314229
There's already three Grimm decks in my local playgroup, so I'd prefer to keep Little Red (she's a lot of fun IMO)
If Chshire Cat is blue/water, what should I splash it with?
>>
I just opened my first box today, before this I had the engage knights set and the faria/melganis decks.

Opened a god pack, and opened basically 4x every Fairy card save for the SR and the regalia. What Fairy decks seem to operate well? It seems like it's basically sligh to get a shitload of fairies out, then mash faces with them, and alpha strike with the fairy judgement to untap them all, yeah?

I'm monowhite with the splash for the 3 other color fairies, and I have the colorless ones in too. Should I cut down to 3x the 1cmc fairies and try to put in some other cards, or just play it balls to the wall like this?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 700x960) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 700x960
>>44318006
i'm tempted to get into this game but hesitant to drop 60 bucks on 2 vingolfs for the dual lands and staples that my friends keep telling me are in it.

my other option is to build an little red aggro deck because she a cute and i love aggro but i don't want to come off as a net decking shit lord when i play at the lgs. what should i do /tg/? Drop 60 on 2 vingolfs and probably get stomped by my friends/dudes at the lgs or build a waifu deck and fell like an uncreative shitlord?
>>
>>44319174
That one hasnt seen any real play in forever. Build your waifu deck. It will be fine. But srsly though you do need 4 thunders at least.
>>
File: Girl_in_Twilight_Garb.png (1 MB, 745x1040) Image search: [Google]
Girl_in_Twilight_Garb.png
1 MB, 745x1040
I don't know anything about this game other than the rules and maybe a handful of cards.

How much would it take to make a decent deck with this semen demon and could I do well in a tourney with it?
>>
>>44319236
cool i'll have to do that, i noticed that each vingolf comes with 2 thunders but i just can't justify dropping 60 bucks on it when i could make the deck that i want for about that much or at the very least 10 or 20 more
>>
So any rexommendations for a Machina deck? I got the starter and 8'm getting some trw boosters soon and see what I get. I've seen the common strategy is to spam monsters, judgement and then march of the machine lord. What color would best support this strategy, and what cards would you suggest?
>>
>>44322439
You can choose whatever color really. Black and white have the best removal, green has counters and ramp, red has burn, and blue has card draw.
>>
>>44319257
Card quality, especially for rulers, is so high that you can make a deck and it will at least do okay.
>>
Just imagine all the upgrades or events you could have made or attended if you didnt waste your dosh on this meme tcg

I just can't wait until mtg is over this bfz block lull and you try selling off your force of will singles to people and stores that dont want them
>>
>>44301069
This doesn't work. Gwiber had a slight errata that requires the resonators to still be in play for you to get the lower cost, so you'd have to sac the Wind Sprite and the cat, if you sac Gretal and the cat only one resonator you control entered play that turn.
>>
MTGfag here, heard FoW is supposedly pretty good.

Is it paper only?
>>
>>44324186
You can play on Lackey and OCTGN I think but I've never tried it. There's no "official" online.
>>
>>44324200
Which is most like Cockatrice?
>>
>>44324513
>Using Cockatrice
>Not using XMage
>>
>>44323995
People can play card games other than mtg you know. Go back to fellating mato
>>
>>44296311
>R/R is an enabler, allowing many different kinds of deck based strategies (as opposed to more ruler-centric strategies) to flourish.

Consistently dropping 2 Gwibers and Adombrali on turn 2 is the best strategy.
>>
>>44296632
I don't think you understand. You cannot magically decide to threaten to kill R/R. Literally the only way of killing R/R is to have Arla as your ruler, have Artemis down with 4 counters, and have the white land down. They now cannot judgement over to Refrain because you can kill it while it has summoning sickness.
>>
>>44323995
Get out of our thread marocuck

Mtg will never be good again
>>
>>44323995
>I just can't wait until mtg is over this theros block lull
>I just can't wait until mtg is over this khans block lull
>I just can't wait until mtg is over this bfz block lull
>>
>>44326731
>I can't wait until mtg is over this mtg lull
>>
>>44324133
Uh, link?
>>
>>44315509
Sell it, buy R/R
Make a random aggro deck and shove R/R into it.
>>
>>44315548
>700 damage
>2 red
>You'd need 4 mana to kill a decent Juler
>I can still grant Imperishable again after it resolves
lol, oh no so scary.
>>
>>44296534
theres a couple ways but it requires moojdart. there are spells/resonators that kill specific types of j/resonators and you moojdart refrain to one of those races
>>
>>44328930
Why in the name of fuck would you ever say something like this?
>>
>>44323995
I still like to play MTG when I need to go to sleep and be reminded why I quit MTG.
>>
>>44328949
Just another way to show how weak this card is in every way in dealing with good regalia Jruler. Unless you're killing Rezzard or Dracula, I guess. But no one plays them so who cares.

There's a card called Flame of Outer World. Look into it. That actually threatens Jrulers.
>>
>>44328867
http://force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/Gwiber,_the_White_Dragon

>You may pay 2 less to play this card for each resonator YOU CONTROL that entered your field this turn.
>>
How much should I be looking to spend on a little red? Art doesn't matter.

From what I understand it is a staple.
>>
>R/R mirror
>Literally a case of whoever resolves an Orb first wins
>>
>>44326481
Missing my point. Kills like Blazer aren't used to kill them, they're used to force them to either flip over to the normal Ruler side (and lose out on the free bounce or counterspell) or lose their ruler.
>>
>>44330455
Why wouldn't you be flipping back over to Reflect anyway? Flip back at the end of their turn and 0 for shits and giggles. Unless of course it's really REALLY important that they don't control Refrain while you cast your next spell or two.
>>
>>44330526
That's what I mean. They will flip because the alternative is "lose their ruler", letting you cast without fear of Refrain. It's a temp fix but the more devastating effects to an opponent's turn are on that side anyways.
>>
>>44330130

like 10-12 dollars seems to be the average

imo should be like 8 but people are greedy faggots so whatevs.
>>
>>44329385
I remember when it was Hunter, swing, sac Hunter to Cthuga, swing, Sac Cthuga to another cthuga, swing, sac cthuga to Bahamut, swing then play Gwiber. Shit was REAL stupid.
>>
Is it impossible to make a Little Red wolf deck? If so, how about Machina and that green structure deck?
>>
>>44336700
Machina is too slow and easy to beat. The turn 3 or 4 flip and swing for lethal is nice but way too rare.

I have seen little red, but It is a little boring for mono red aggro. Use sylvia and make dragon ramp if you want to go that route.
>>
So since Reflect came out combo is an extremely relevant deck archetype. A lack of consistency used to make the deck unplayable, but now with R/R it's a non-issue. I'm having a blast playing Pumpkin Witch/Cthulhu combo again, which is just insane now.
>>
So I'm thinking of making a Crimson Girl/Little Red deck since I ran with a Grimm one for a little while pre-Twilight Wanderer and got fucking owned by the dozens of copy-paste Bahamut decks. I already have a Valetina Overlord/28 Regalia deck built.

Crimson Girl

4x Xeex the Ancient Magic
4x Refarth, Castle in Heaven
4x Rapid Growth
4x Wolf in the Sky
4x Sinbad, Windrider Merchant
4x Cheshire Cat
2x Scheherezade, Teller of Crimson Moon
4x Ratatoskr, Spirit of Yggdrasil
2x Artemis
4x Silver Shoes
4x Keen Sense

Stone Deck:

1x Moojdart, Fantasy Stone
1x Feethsing, Holy Wind Stone
4x Stone of Deep Wood
4x Wind Magic Stone

Sideboard:

Liberator of Wind
4x Stories Told in 1001 Nights

I sort of came up with this in a couple of minutes, but the idea is to be a counter-Dark Alice deck and also have plenty of denial/counters for shit like Bahamut.
>>
File: Guess Who.jpg (1 MB, 3025x2144) Image search: [Google]
Guess Who.jpg
1 MB, 3025x2144
>>44328930
Not that guy but
You literally can not do that.
BTC is used to KILL the ruler after any other needed cumulative damage.
If you chase it by giving your ruler imperishable you resolve first, then BTC takes it off afterwards while dealing the killing blow.

It doesn't negate regalia decks of course, but barring a cancel or passing buff, this is still a guaranteed astral.
>>
>>44338320
Maybe he was assuming that you run red without thunders or other ways to get them low enough for cinders.
It's definitely good enough to be a 2-of in my Vlad sideboard.
>>
Can Arla be competitive? Being the only ruler able to mainboard ways of dealing with Reflect seems like it'd push Arla into the metagame considering how powerful Reflect is.
>>
Can anyone please suggest to a newplayer a decent control list? I don't care about the budget that much, I care about being competitive.
>>
>>44340221
Would it be a threatening counter, though? Every R/R player would know not to flip when the bow is in play, and would prepare some sort of regalia removal. I mean, it would only delay R/R from j-activating for a while.

I feel a good counter would be a J-Ruler or card which somehow prevents the other J-Ruler from j-activating for a turn, or somwthing like that.
>>
>>44340221
I played a fairy R/R that never even flipped. The Ruler side has so much utility that you can even ignore the J/Ruler half and still do well.
>>
>>44341351
Speaking of, is there Regalia Removal in Green/Red? I'm building a GR R/R deck and I'm wanting to sidedeck something to deal with Arla.
>>
>>44338320
You actually can.
>Cinders resolves
>In response to Cinders resolving, I give my ruler imperishable
>>
>>44342946
Marybells, senpai
>>
I have a few stupid questions. Is there any reason you wouldn't tap your ruler for a mana stone? Does tapping them prevent you from flipping them? Also what happens if J Resonator dies, do they just go back to the "command zone" as a ruler?
>>
>>44343033
You clearly have no idea how the stack/chase works. Read the rules.
>>
>>44343049
I forgot they could do that too, my Machina runs 4. I'm totally stuck for good sideboards for a G/R Aggro R/R, i just have those and Deathscythes.
>>
>>44343056
You can't do judgement when you're rested. Some rulers also have rest abilities, like Abdul and Alice.
If a j-ruler dies without imperishable, they go back to the ruler area and lost all abilities except calling stones. That means they lose their judgement ability, too.
>>
>>44343088
oh man...sounds like dying is a huge deal, thanks for the quick response i'm still on the fence of starting
>>
>>44343084
Deathscythe is useless vs r/r. I think aggro r/r is dealt with the same as any other aggro deck- board wipe his resonators, then swing for piddly amounts.

With darkness being where it is, I am not worried about aggro at all. They have so much board control, its unreal.
>>
>>44343127
Not vs, in. Like, for my RG Aggro R/R.
>>
>>44343125
Yeah, protecting your j-ruler is a thing.

The game is so cheap to get into that there's not a real reason not to try it if people are playing it around you. It plays just like magic, so if you're bad at magic don't expect to be good at this. That being said, if you're good at magic, force is a very tight and fast analogue and you'll be right at home.
>>
>>44343203
that's what i keep hearing at the LGS i just have wet feet plus i'm super indecisive i can't decide on just net decking or buying 2 of those precon sets that come with the dual lands so i have a playset
>>
So, I got a box of TAT for $60 off Amazon. Should I open it, or stick it with my unopened CMF box?
>>
>>44343247
Don't buy the vingolfs sets. Everything in there that made it worth buying has dropped in price so far that you should just buy singles.
I'd just netdeck something and play it until you understand the game and go from there. Either that or buy one of the starter decks that just came out; they're surprisingly solid and come with enough good cards to work well. I went 3-0 on Monday with the Pricia precon at my LGS. I didn't play the best players we have, but they're more than capable of winning out of the box.
>>
>>44343387
so out of the vingolfs what's worth buying? i know thunder and the dual stones are obvious choices i might make the plunge today since i have some stuff i need to order for GP Oakland, no reason i can't just add some FoW stuff to it and save on shipping
>>
>>44343695
Thunders, dual stones, Banzai Attack, a others here and there, and Vlad.
>>
>>44343738
on tcg player ordering a playset of each stone comes to about 55 bucks i think i'd get more value from getting 2 vingolfs for 60 unless i'm doing it wrong
>>
>>44344069

Not who you were talking to, I'm also new, but when I was ordering my cards yesterday I spent a good few hours looking between both amazon and tcg player and for quite a bit of things amazon was a lot cheaper.

What I bought came to like $115 using both sites when it would have cost me about 140 or so using just tcg player.
>>
Can a good deck be made of exclusively not anime art style cards?
>>
>>44344917

Go play magic.
>>
>>44344970
But magic has a shit tier resource system.

Is it truly either shit tier art, or shit tier resources?

Is there not a popular game, with good art, and a good, sane resource system?
>>
>>44344985
Warlord
>>
>>44344985

But the art isn't shit.
>>
>>44345017
anon. pls. It has some good ones, but the vast majority of its art is pic related trash tier.

While with MTG, the reverse is true: it has some trash art, and the trash art is getting more common, but for now the good outweighs the bad.
>>
>>44312539
Go 4 tin man, ditch the lion and scarcrow
3 dorothy
4 oz
4 glinda the fairy
4 tinker bells
1 behemoth
1 aesop

As for additions,
2 realm of evolution
4 silver shoes
4 drops of yggrissil
2 refarths in the sky
2 longings
Spells
4 xeex
2 sprint of beast ladies
Magic stones
4 green+white stones
1 fiesthing stone
5 wind
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.