[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Necromancy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Necromancer.png (280 KB, 302x398) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.png
280 KB, 302x398
Which is better: dead raising necromancy, or black magic necromancy? Which is stronger in your system of choice? Which is more fun?
>>
Not /tg/ related, but Guild Wars 1 is one of the few places where I feel necromancers were done right.

>gaining strength from death
>blood magic
>using life to fuel magic
>curses
>raising undead minions
>death magic

And then you had ritualists in GW:Factions, which were pretty much shadow priests who communed with the dead, summoned spirits of the dead, and used spirit based magic.
>>
>>44292711
I've always liked the Raising the Dead Necromancy.

Haven't played them in many PnP unfortunately, but in Rift I really liked how they portrayed the class and their abilities. Undead minions, of course, but with crippling spells and debuffs. Probably one of the coolest things was they could convert Death damage inflicted on enemies into healing for themselves and their pet.
>>
File: Sabriel_Book_Cover.jpg (49 KB, 310x514) Image search: [Google]
Sabriel_Book_Cover.jpg
49 KB, 310x514
>>44292711
Personally I prefer neither. I like necromancy as magic related to the spirits of the dead, and necromancers as people who put down zombies and spectres for a living. So, pic related.
>>
>>44295484
I really liked the "levels of death" concept in these books, as well as opening the different gates.

Other than that, pretty mediocre.
>>
File: 1441960935879.jpg (287 KB, 1024x734) Image search: [Google]
1441960935879.jpg
287 KB, 1024x734
True happiness is an army of undying loyal minions.
>>
>>44296002
I really enjoyed the setting, it was a great intro to fantasy in my youth. I really enjoyed the mix between the two worlds, the new book was a bit lackluster.
>>
>>44295347
GW1 was pretty excellent in many, many ways.
>>
>>44296913

I heard the GW:Factions log in music the other day, Factions being where I started playing, and I felt so sad because one of the best online games is pretty much dead now.
>>
>>44292711
Ideally, both. Create an army, use your own magic to inflict death and disease.
>>
>>44297022
Ah man. I feel you, family. I started way back when Prophecies first came out. I haven't logged on in, god I don't remember when I last logged on now.
>>
>>44292711
I think the better question is whether necromancy is decay magic or anti-life magic

Could you use necromancy to sterilise a scalpel?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.