[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is a good anime plot for a campaign of OVA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
what is a good anime plot for a campaign of OVA?
>>
>>44292624
The daughter of the general store owner is sad.

Cheer her up.
>>
File: 1238986265782.png (509 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
1238986265782.png
509 KB, 595x842
>>44292624
>Anime-Girl-Hand-Warrior-Debris
That's Kula Diamond from King of Fighters, you dink.

Staying on topic, you can use any of the KOF plots.
>Far-flung modern desendents of the Japanese clans sworn to protect the Three Sacred Treasures must team up to beat back the reincarnation of Orochi looking to destroy the entire human race
>Evil futuristic megaconglomerate seeks to use clone army and other genetic and scientific experiments to create a new world order, and one of the main characters is a runaway experiment of theirs out to destroy them
>Fuck Ash Crimson
>>
>>44292822
my players like a little more of action
>>
>>44292624
Depends, what's the genre/setting you're looking to emulate?
>>
>>44293283
She wants you to put on a gladiatorial tournament for her.
>>
>>44293317
shonen
>>
K-on
>>
You are a gang of cyberpunk mercenaries in a planet under siege. The only hope to break out of the ring of uncoming battleships is to get the your world's premier mecha pilot, who has amnesia, to his mecha and convince him to pilot it. You've been contracted to get him in the fucking robot.
>>
>>44292624
>good
>anime plot

pick one
>>
MD Geist and Saitama show up in town at the same time. You must satisfy both men's manly urge for battle while keeping the town intact.
>>
>>44292624
The characters are sucked into alternate reality where they have to form a band to energize these power crystals they get to fight different monsters of corrupted musicians sent by a company trying to control all the record labels.
>>
File: war is kawaii.png (1 MB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
war is kawaii.png
1 MB, 707x1000
>>44292624
>>44293283
Kancolle in space.
Girls und Panzer.
MGS with every character replaced by a moe loli.
Killzone with espionage politics.
Nigger this shit ain't hard. All you have to do is use the plot of an 80's movie, any 80's movie, and replace the characters with anime girls and the food with jelly donuts. All you gotta do.

Also, what's OVA?
>>
>>44293718
>Kancolle in space.
>KanColle SHODAN
>>
is there a system for settings like SAO or LogHorizon?
>>
File: 1448374906796.png (639 KB, 800x1116) Image search: [Google]
1448374906796.png
639 KB, 800x1116
>>44293934
>Our imagination may be the most brilliant of all energy that humans have ever possessed - Osamu Tezuka, father of Japanese animation
>Osamu Tezuka, father of Japanese animation
>Osamu Tezuka
>father of Japanese animation
>Japanese animation
>Osamu Tezuka
>animation
Holy shit I hate dumb weebs
image unrelated
>>
>>44293356
It has been 25 years since the great demon war drew to a close and though humanity survived the world is an apocalyptic wasteland filled with danger and horrible monsters. The only way to cross this vast wasteland between settlements: Lowriders, vehicles forged from the carcasses of slain demons and fueled by the only power source left: the flames of Hell itself.
>>
what could be a good source of power for the campaign like ki,Nen,Chakra,haki etc... bonus points for an original name
>>
>>44294048
Log Horizon has a japanese rpg that is partly translated.
>>
>>44294382
>like ki,Nen,Chakra,haki etc
I mean, those are all realworld concepts

see also: mana, prana, orenda, silap inua...
>>
>>44294382
Hoodoo.
>>
>>44294495
who do?
>>
>>44294506
You do
>>
>>44294506
Do what?
>>
>>44292624
An alien lands on earth and tells your character he is also an alien and that bad aliens are coming to kill all humans. They have two years to train and prepare to save the world.
>>
>>44294382
Ectoplasm.

In this scenario your PCs are ghosts. Or maybe not.
>>
>>44294382
The Force
>>
>>44294642
OP, just do shonen battle manga Star Wars.
>>
>>44294663
base your game on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hidden_Fortress
>>
>>44293718
>>44293802
>Kancolle
>small c
>>
>>44293283
Dude, cheering her up can lead to anything up to and including the destruction of reality as we know it. This is anime we're talking about!
>>
>>44294216
Dude. This is the good stuff. Send more ASAP.
>>
>>44294642
Da Schwartz!
>>
>>44292624
Moribito,

"Balsa, spear wielder and bodyguard, is a wandering warrior who has vowed to atone for eight deaths in her past by saving an equivalent number of lives. On her journey, she saves Prince Chagum, and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. His own father, the emperor, has ordered his assassination. The two begin a perilous journey to ensure the survival of the prince. Balsa's complicated past begins to come to light and they uncover Chagum's mysterious connection to a legendary water spirit with the power to destroy the kingdom."
>>
>>44295428
I unpat her head.
>>
>>44295336
I was just messing around with the video game name generator in the other tab, got the name "International Lowrider Omega," and thought that it was about the most OVA name I'd ever heard.

In fact, I'd recommend taking a look at it. I've passed a few other titles that look like they could be worked into something.
>>
>>44294059
you know he's regarded as the father of both anime and manga, right?
>>
>>44295428
I kill her, and then kill the DM for being a pedophile
>>
>>44295617
It's anime, 2000 year old demon lolis are actually standard fare for the genre. For once, it's not the DM being a pedophile, it's Japan.
>>
>>44295455
Underrated series, though it did drag on a bit in the middle.
>>
>>44295652
No, the DM's still being a pedophile if he uses a plot and character archetype like that.
>>
>>44295604
Sure, if you're a clueless weeb. Manga and anime existed before Tezuka. He's only known as the god of manga in Japan for his contributions to manga. Anime? Despite the popularity of his works being put into animation, he isn't accredited with such a title.
>>
>>44295701
true, but every manga and anime after astro boy took inspiration from his style, especially the big eyes. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he also popularized the page layout for mangas
>>
>>44293551
I would pay to watch a thirty minute episode of this.
>>
>>44292624
One day, out of the blue, the conspiracy theorists are proven right.

All of them.

It's all real. Ghosts are real. The Illuminati are real. Reptilians infiltrators are real. The Hollow Earth, the legendary lost continent of Atlantis, vampires, the Men in Black, skinwalkers, Timecube, it's all real and no one is more surprised than the people who thought that they were the ones really in charge.

But life goes on. The conspiracies that were controlling the world were, at the very least, adequate at doing their jobs and things don't change quite as much as you might think.

It's just that, now, your transfer student is a Sasquatch.
>>
>>44295911
Nessie-chan best girl
Ayy lmao senpai is pretty great too.
>>
>>44295682
Found the vegan.
>>
>>44294526
remind me of the babe.
>>
>>44295911
>Timecube is real
Wait.
Waitwaitwait.
I was okay until you said THAT.
>>
>>44292624

The rival school challenges the PC's to a beach volleyball match.
>>
File: Saitama.jpg (145 KB, 705x736) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.jpg
145 KB, 705x736
If RWBY counts that seems like an okay setting.

>The world
Several continents overrun with magical beasts set on killing people. Civilizations have been reduced to a huge city/metropolis for each nation and a handful of villages.

>The adventurers
Teens and young adults skilled in the use of magic and combat are recruited(?) to join their country's academy to hone their skills and learn everything they can about the magical beasts that have taken over most of the world. After graduation, they can either stay with the team/party that they were assigned to at the academy, or make their own party, join one, become a mercenary, etc. Then they begin their career as an adventurer, getting paid to go out of the city and risk their life and kill shit (or work as a sort of police officer, whatever floats your boat).

>Magic
The source of all magic is some weird material that can be used to make weapons, to enhance weapons, and/or to be able to use magic. The catch is that it costs a lot, so even though you make mad cash you'll technically be as wealthy as an average middle-class citizen.
Oh, and adventurers can only use a few magic skills (summoning, blasting, healing, etc.), but they are very hard to learn, almost to the point where only a couple bloodlines can use them. Plus, every adventurer has their own unique power (kind of like super heroes) but still needs that weird magic material to work.

>Pic not related
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.