[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hot-button issues at the table
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: calvin-susie.gif (43 KB, 358x259) Image search: [Google]
calvin-susie.gif
43 KB, 358x259
My last three groups were torn apart when two or more people just couldn't let go of whatever hot-button issue we have today. My Pathfinder game fell apart when two otherwise cool guys decided to argue literally the entire night about religion VS atheism (sparked off by some off-handed comment the Rogue made to the Cleric). My regular Magic meetup has shrunk since several people got into it about "SJWs" versus "MRAs". And even my online guild of the MMORPG I play has lost like half its membership when people started slinging shit on the forums and voice chat about the upcoming American elections and just general Conservatism VS Liberalism.

Fuck, whatever happened to "polite conversation?" If you can't discuss a hot topic without things getting heated, whatever happened to just shutting the fuck up and concentrating on the game for the sake of there being a game at all? Are we all just generally sperg enough that we can't pick up on social cues like that and would rather piss everyone off around us so we can prove that we're "right"?
>>
>>44290834
Susie best girl.
>>
I just ignore people who try to stir shit most of the time. The problem is people give them attention and then it booms from there.
>>
How about you ask the people who did the thing, instead of some random bunch of twats on the internet? We're not going to answer for their behaviour, and we can't really answer any questions about it either, because we're not them, nor do we know these people.

But I guess it doesn't matter. You a butthurt little bitch who came to vent and seek confirmation as you trade stories of shit that never happened with other loosers.

Just fuck off.
>>
>>44290878
Calvin best boy.
>>
>>44291144
CalvinxSusie OTP.
>>
>playing a MMORPG

Gross
>>
>>44290878

Considering she's based on Watterson's wife, that's pretty much confirmed.
>>
>>44291253
Who's Calvin based on?
>>
File: mymotherhaseyes.jpg (135 KB, 583x350) Image search: [Google]
mymotherhaseyes.jpg
135 KB, 583x350
>>44290878
I always liked Calvin's mom, even as a kid
>>
>>44291158
>Nobody ships MoexSusie.
It'd be different...
>>
File: 1408572499848.jpg (248 KB, 800x1058) Image search: [Google]
1408572499848.jpg
248 KB, 800x1058
>>44290834

The ability to have the illusion of a social life on the internet while still being able to remove yourself from differing opinions has led to a large amount of people who are unable to cope with any challenge to their existing world view.
>>
>>44290878
non-G.R.O.S.S member detected
>>
File: calm-down.jpg (37 KB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
calm-down.jpg
37 KB, 320x353
>>44291018
Jesus dude, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?
>>
File: 1450434336485.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450434336485.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>44291590
This. People isolate themselves from differing perspectives by hanging out in echo chambers and surrounding themselves with people who believe the same things and share the same opinions. Everyone does this to some extent, but it feels like it's especially bad with people who spend a lot of time on the internet.

When a differing opinion is encountered, it is treated as not only a personal attack but also an attack on their way of life and the sheltered little world they've created for themselves, and they retaliate. I normally hate to go all South Park "both sides are bad" but you can see this in both ends of the political spectrum, all the way from the white-hood-wearing hillbillies who consistently vote against their best interests to the blue-haired half-shaved-head rape-shrieking turbofeminists and their pet beta half-men.

The longer these people spend isolated from opposing viewpoints, the more their beliefs are reinforced and the more extreme their views become.

I know the pain of discovering an otherwise reasonable person in your group is a raving lunatic, and I've experienced both sides of it. From finding out the quiet guy with the religious parents is a furry and a card-carrying Conservative, to being called a patriarchal shitlord for microaggressions. Shit's awful.
>>
File: lewdness.png (109 KB, 414x426) Image search: [Google]
lewdness.png
109 KB, 414x426
>>44291253
>self-inserts as Calvin's dad
>inserts his wife as a little girl
>>
>>44290834
>My Pathfinder game fell apart when two otherwise cool guys decided to argue literally the entire night about religion VS atheism (sparked off by some off-handed comment the Rogue made to the Cleric). My regular Magic meetup has shrunk since several people got into it about "SJWs" versus "MRAs". And even my online guild of the MMORPG I play has lost like half its membership when people started slinging shit on the forums and voice chat about the upcoming American elections and just general Conservatism VS Liberalism.
kek, what is wrong with your friends
>>
>>44290834
>Are we all just generally sperg enough that we can't pick up on social cues like that
Pretty much.

Did the DM / house owner tell them to keep it civil?

That guy fucked up as host then.

Did the MMORRPGWTFBBQ guild.... leader... guy? tell the children to behave? No?

The fact that people need an authority figure to tell them to calm the fuck down and keep it in their pants means that.. yes... they've too much sperg going on.
>>
>>44290834
Fuck you, OP. Some things NEED to be discussed, in this day and age. The world is going to Hell in a hand basket.
>>
>>44297032
OP wasn't suggesting that the discussions should never happen; just that game sessions are clearly not the time or place.
>>
It's the DM's responsibility to shut down conversations that aren't related to the game. My what a tragedy when people don't focus. The poor sap probably wanted to bury his head in the sand after people got off-topic for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>44297032

No its not. People are just taught to whine and be fucking cowards.
>>
>>44294136

Well, Calvin's dad is shades of adult Watterson...I think, I can't now recall exactly...Calvin is shades of kid Watterson.
>>
>>44297032
As if two upset spergs or normies can cogently rationalize their worldview in a way that is not insipid and cringeworthy. People to know too little to have worthwhile opinions about any sort of big picture idea
>>
File: 1405843523547.gif (83 KB, 900x286) Image search: [Google]
1405843523547.gif
83 KB, 900x286
>>44297032
But you shouldn't be having those sorts of discussions in the place where people are supposed to relax and have fun and get away from real world issues for a little while.

In fact, it doesn't even sound like a discussion. It sounds like everyone just started arguing and let what they were arguing about get to them, so it tore apart their groups.
>>
>>44290834
My LGS is basically /leftypol/, and I actively walk away from political conversations now.
>>
>>44293436
Nobody, you're the one asking strangers on the internet to validate your beliefs.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.